Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

NEW: Craft box Swap #2

Debra Andruska
17 years ago

I would love to host a craft box swap again.

The last one I hosted went very well.

Please sign up on this thread directly, plus send me your GW name/real name, address. Also, I need a brief description of your craft items. I'll do my best to pair you up with someone that doesn't make the exact same crafts.

Please be generous, include several of your items. The general rule is- prepare a box that you would love to receive.

Homemade items are the best! Soaps, candles, jewelry, handmade teddybears, etc. Any craft item is fine to include in this swap!

Also, please post when your box goes out and arrives. We would love to hear about all the neat things you received!

I'll take signups for the next week *March 24th*

Mail all boxes out the second week of April-- 16th deadline.

Comments (37)

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

I am in on this!! I already know what I am going to send

Jenn

• laurelin
    17 years ago

I'd like to play, too! Should I email you directly with what I'll be making, or post it here?

Laurel

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laurel,
    Either is fine, post what crafts your making here, or email me the information with your address.

This is going to be a really FUN swap!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Giving this a little bump!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Giving this one more bump! It was on the second page already!

Deb

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

this sounds neat count me us in for one box
    crafts done here
    Bill - woodworking mostly furniture and such
    Heather(me) - crochet, candle making, soap making, cross stitch, ceramics, jewelry making, living wreaths, kitchen towels
    Kelsie and Cheryl - drawing, pottery, bath stuff
    I already have a great idea for this box and cant wait to mail it out

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Hi Deb,

I'm also going to try my hand at some decorative painting on a picture frame and a wooden trinket box, besides the teddy bears and the ornaments. We'll see how much painting I get done in the next couple weeks (the 2 teddy bears are already finished). Now that the weather has turned toward spring, I can spend more time outside. Hooray!

Heather, your family sounds wonderfully talented. I would love to take pottery classes someday. My great grandparents were underglaze slip artists for the Weller, Roseville, Cambridge, and Owens potteries in Ohio, around the turn of the 19th century, so I have an interest in learning to decorate pottery myself. I'm just curious: what kind/style of pottery does your family like to create?

Laurel

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

Laurel dont get too excited lol the girls are only 10 and 11 no they do a nice job. they mostly make bonsai seed starters, doll house pieces excuse me Bratz house, beads to paint, figures/statues depending on which one you ask Thay have both won some art awards at school though. With winters as lond as they are here we try to keep busy. I had the box in my thoughts today as I was working on the master bedroom walls and came up with a project for the girls to make to add to the box so everyone here is excited about the box

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Hey, everyone starts somewhere! LOL, your girls must have fun with the pottery. My daughter (5) loves art and crafts. She's participating in a kids garden gift exchange via GW soon, and she's very excited. I remember making beads from a kit when I was a kid, trying to create "pottery" from clay near our house, and I LOVED doing ceramics in art class. Some things never change - dirt is still one of my favorite things to play with.

Laurel

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

lol i agree i signed my girls up for the kids swap too. I am glad they are having fun with garden webour first year on garden web Kelsie used garden web for a science project and she created her own 50 state garden. She foun one trade from every state and then mounted the envys in a journal with a list of the seeds recd and traded she started the seeds then memorial day weekend she started planting one plant from every state in the order of the states on the map we took pictures all through the process for her journal and the next fall she entered the journal into the science fair

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

One last bump~ Today's the last day to join in on the Craft box swap! There has to be a few more crafters out there that are interested in swapping craft items!

Netta? Where are you! ;)

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The swaps much smaller than I expected. Everyone must be busy catching up on yard/garden work. Still, this can be fun...just a little more cozy!

Laurelin sends to Debbya
    Debbya sends to Jenntongrows
    Jenntongrows sends to Ihmkc
    Ihmkc sends to Laurelin

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I forgot to add--
    I don't have info for Jenn or Ihmkc, please send in your addresses right away so I can forward them to your swap Pal.

Thanks!

Deb

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Thanks for hostessing this, Deb! I'll be putting my box for you in the mail right around the first of April. So, I guess I'd better get painting (among other things!).

Laurel

• laurelin
    17 years ago

bump

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jenn & Ihmkc,
    Please send in your info for the swap. As soon as you do, I'll forward it on to your swap pal.

Thanks,
    Deb

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

Sending you an email

Jenn

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Jenn,
    Your email didn't make it through. If you sent it through GW that explains it. I hardly ever receive GW messages. Send it directly to my email. DA1763@aol.com

Ihmkc,
    I sent you an email with your Pal's info. Please post here and let me know if you received it.

I've been busy pouring Lemon Verbena/Lemon Grass soaps all day! What has everyone been working on? I want to hear details! LOL!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ihmkc,
    I received your info, thanks!

Jenn,
    Please send in your info one more time, I'll post when it makes it through.

Deb

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

Deb -
    I have the info I need
    I have a hard maple cutting board finished, some jewlery, a plant hanger and .... well there has to be some surprises
    your soap sounds great
    Heather

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Hi Deb!

I finally got your package out in the mail. The DC# is: 0304 3490 0003 1077 6988. I changed the contents slightly at the last minute, but I think you'll like the change - one thing didn't make it in, and an extra of something else did.

Have a wonderful Easter!

Laurel

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laurel,
    Your box arrived on Saturday. I absolutely adore the teddies! I'll post on this thread what was in the box tomorrow. It's been a long day!

I hope Everyone had a wonderful Easter!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have more time to post.. and let everyone know what a wonderful craft package I received from Laurel!

Laurel sent~ 3 handmade teddy bears, all in different fabric motifs! The first- a deep Burgandy Sunflower/cream paws. Second- an Antique Cream with Burgandy Poinsettias/cream paws, lace collar with pearls and silk flowers accented around the neck! And the last bear is Hunter green with miscellaneous colored flowers (pink/mauve/tan) with the beautiful lace collar accented with a silk flower and a burgandy ribbon/cream paws! All bears have beaded eyes and adorable button noses! They are so adorable!!
    Laurel also sent a recipe for Biscotti! It sounds so delicious and easy! I'm trying it over the weekend when I have a little extra time! Also in the box was a cute (handpainted) apple *wood* box with three handpainted ornaments tucked inside! The ornaments are- a beautiful Cross, Christmas tree w/ snowman, Christmas tree w/Angel.
    And if all that wasn't enough, Laurel sent some seeds! Hollyhock, Orange Thyme, Amaranth "Marvel Bronze", Snapdragon "Black Prince", Basil "Genovese", Tole beans "Trionfo Violetto".

Laurel,
    Thanks so much for such a nice box! I really enjoyed the swap!

ALL BOXES-
    MUST be mailed out the second week of April-- 16th deadline.

I still need Jenn's info! Jenn, Please send it in ASAP! I have your box almost ready to go!

Deb

• laurelin
    17 years ago

You're welcome, Deb! I'm glad you enjoyed everything so much. Happy Easter!

Laurel

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Heather,

Your box arrived today! Thank you for the great items you and your family made. The cutting board is beautiful as well as useful - please thank your husband for me, I really appreciate his contribution to the box. I'll be using it a lot, since I love to cook. The macrame plant hanger is PERFECT, and I'll find a place for it right away. The large crocheted doily is pretty, and I really like the blue/cream color. It reminds me of the lovely crocheted items my great grandmother used to make. The scrapbook frame is perfect for my daughter's bedroom, too.

My little girl was delighted with her special bracelet (especially the kitty cat bead on it), and I gave her the blue/purple crocheted amulet bag to keep it in. She's carrying them around right now - thank you for making her day. And, last but not at all least, I just love the lapis lazuli bead bracelet. It fits perfectly! What a lovely surprise.

Thank you VERY much, Heather!

Laurel

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

Glad you liked it. The lapis is my fav I call my bracelet my little piece of the earth because the beads remind me of pics of the earth from space.
    Heather

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Heather,
    You did such a nice job on your craft box! Good variety of items!

Jenn,
    Please contact me ASAP. I need your email address (to forward Heather's info to you), plus your personal info so I can mail your package out.

I worked on the cutest wooden birdhouse today! I whitewashed the house yesterday and embellished it with greenery/vines today. I'll finish it tonight (after going to Michael's craft store and picking up a few birds to add). It's turning out so cute, I'll have to make one for myself! I'll see if I can post a picture tonight! Plus, I want to post a picture of Laurel's bears!

Deb

This is so much fun!

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Giving this a bump..

LOOKING FOR JENNTONGROWS, I need your info/address. I also need your email address so I can send you YOUR Pal's info for the swap.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jenntongrows,
    Your swap box needs to be mailed out by 4/16 (Tomorrow). I'm still waiting to hear from you. I'll give you a few more days. If I still don't hear from you, I'll mail your package out to Heather and unfortunately, drop you from the swap. I hate dropping anyone from a swap!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Heather,
    I wanted to give Jenn a little more time.

Your box is going out tomorrow. I'll post the DC# after I return home from the post office. I hope you like the items I chose/made!

Deb

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

I understand Deb. I started a flower garden afghan just in case you do a craft box #3 swap so I have enough time to finish it before it has to be mailed lol. also I saw in the houseplant swap you are looking for monstera cuttings I have a large one year old that I could take some cuttings off of if you dont find a trade soon I love philos this year I have added split leaf, pink lady, micans to my collection so far I would like to find black totem, lemon, prince of orange,and autumn this year
    Heather

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Heather's Craft box swap package was mailed out today! It should arrive hopefully by Monday. I was still trying to give Jenn a little more time to post. Anyway, it's too late now. The swap is closed once Heather receives her package.

USPS #0307 0020 0003 7581 8785.

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

debbya will let you know when it gets here I will wait to leave gw til then
    heather

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Heather,
    I'm so sorry to hear that your leaving the GW. Hopefully, you'll reconsider. Or just sign up with the RR's where you know the members. I was really looking forward to getting to know you! And hear more about your quilt! ;)

Deb

• lhmkc
    16 years ago

Deb -
    I got your box this am and oh how wonderful it smelled the potpourri and the soaps wow how wonderful and the seeds were a nice add in. the bird house is so pretty and the teddy bear was claimed as soon as the girls walked in

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Heather,
    I'm glad the box arrived on time. With priority you really never know. ;) Did the wooden bunny survive the trip? Just checking. I had my fingers crossed that he wouldn't break. Let me know.. Plus, I used a little extra hot glue around his steel hanger/arms.

Deb

• lhmkc
    16 years ago

yes the wooden bunny made the trip I knew I was forgetting something thank you