Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: fotess happy holidays march swap!

Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 18:44

Hello, Everyone and welcome to the March Swap! FOTESS welcomes new members, please contact Jeanne or I about joining in the fun!

Happy Holidays? In March? YES!
I've just found out that March 26 is "Create Your Own Holiday" day! How great is that?!

Sooo...When you sign up, you will list your very own, especially created just for you Holiday! Oh, the possibilities!

And to help you make the most of your special day, your partner will send you STUFF to help you celebrate!

Example: If I declare March 26 "Willie Nelson" day, my partner could send me a red bandana, or rubber bands to hold my braids together! I'm not going that route, just saying!

Other examples could include party decorations, games, tree ornaments, a "history" of your holiday, food/drink recipes, even seeds if they fit the Day! The list is endless!

You will have until Sunday, March 9 to sign up. That will give us about 2 1/2 weeks to mail out our packages. I'll post partners that evening. Hopefully everyone will receive on or about the 26th, in time to celebrate!

Please remember that our swaps are meant to be "Simple Swaps." A legal sized envelope, a small bubble envelope or something similar is all that is required for this swap. Be Creative!

I'll be back later to post my Holiday,
Shirley!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: fotess happy holidays march swap!

I'll sign up! Stoney Matthew is with me before they take him to Little Rock in the am. So he has decided that my holiday should be his! He has declared that March 22nd is "Stoney's Fishing Holiday". I hope this is ok for my partner to send stuff for him instead of me. I'll be sending to my partner what their holiday is. You can do a lot with the fishing one-fishing line, lures, etc. Small envelope is fine, don't spend much at all! But he says we're going fishing on that day as he won't be in school! I so hope we can do that! Thanks, Melinda

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 20:23

Great Idea, Stoney! Welcome to you and your Grandma! Glad you could join in!

I am declaring March 26 as: Green Grass Day! That's the day all this darned snow is going to magically melt away and leave nothing but Green Grass!

I wonder if I will recognize grass. Been a long, long time.

Have a great day tomorrow,
Shirley!

o

Shirley, I am in but need to figure out my holiday. I will be back tomorrow to let you know what I would like to celebrate.

Margo

o

Sounds like fun Shirley, would love to sign up...I am going with "Strawberry Parfait Day" which is celebrated on June 25, but Ill celebrate that day any day! LOL

Jayeanne

o

I'd love to sign up. My March 26 holiday will be Chicken Manure Appreciation Day. If it were not for various manures and compost, I would not have a garden at all with my terrible soil. It was hard to decide between rabbit and chicken manure, but since I am out of rabbits right now, I'll stick with what I have on hand. ;D
Alana

o

Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 22:02

Welcome, Margo, Jayeanne and Alana, glad you could join in!
Alana, I know it's a pretty serious business to you, but Chicken Manure Appreciation Day cracked me up! What a Challenge!

New holidays to celebrate on the 26th:
Stoney's Fishing Holiday - Stoney & Melinda
Green Grass Day - Shirley
Strawberry Parfait Day - Jayeanne
Chicken Manure Appreciation Day - Alana
TBA - Margo

Off to a great start!
Talk to ya all tomorrow,
Shirley!

o

I know all of you are going to have fun! I'll definitely be reading the board to see what is going on. With the new granddaughter and other things that are going on this month, I'm going to skip this one, but I know you'll have so much fun.
Great idea, Shirley!
Jeanne

o

I think I will pick R.E.D. Day. I'm not considered Retired Extremely Dangerous (love that movie!), but I'll see Red Everywhere for a Day.

Fun swap, Shirley. Thank you!

Quick Question: Is there a specific $ amount that we stick to for FOTESS? Thank you!

o

Wed, Mar 5, 14 at 7:34

Morning, All and welcome to the swap, Sheri! Neat idea for a Holiday!
There isn't a specific amount; we do try to keep these swaps as inexpensive as we can. And the smaller envelope that is required sort of helps with that, if that makes any sense!

Jeanne, have fun with Miranda! Stop by and chat with us, okay?

Off to get ready for work,
Have a great day, All,
Shirley!

o

I've decided I would like to celebrate Chocolate Sun-Day! Nothing better than chocolate and a sunny day. Even better, a chocolate sundae on a sunny day. LOL

Great swap idea Shirley. Margo

o

Shirley, what a clever idea! Took me a while to decide what to call my special day.
That week I hope to be frantic for hitting the road to my new home/garden in MO. I decided to call the holiday: "Ready,Set....Day"
I expect GO Day to be either Mar 31 or April 1. Setting out on April Fools day is not very appealing, LOL
So many good sounding ideas already listed. I'm sure this will be another fun swap.

o

Wed, Mar 5, 14 at 19:56

Evening All!

Welcome to the swap, Beth, hopefully your partner will send you something to ease the stress!

Margo, great idea, thanks for posting!

Chocolate Sun-Day - Margo
Ready, Set...Day - Beth

Just off the top of my head, some ideas for the new Holidays:
Gummy worms for Stoney!
Jello for Beth - get it - set-jello?
Lots of sunshine and rain for Me!
A diuretic (I think that's the right word) for Alana's chooks, so they don't get constipated.
Margo and Jayeanne, those are tough! All I can think of is ice cream shops, dairy queens and my chocolate pudding parfait recipe.
Anyone else have any ideas for celebrating these holidays? Let us hear from you!

Off to read some more in my "prize" book!
Talk to ya all later,
Shirley!

o

Great ideas Shirley! Stoney loves gummy worms!
And used things are fine with him. Old fishing magazine, etc.
I've been working on things for all as don't know yet (in my mind). Keeps me occupied. Some are hard! But figure something out!
Have a great evening! Melinda

o

Fun! Don't forget R.E.D. for me. Looking forward to this. :)

Sheri

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 7:52

o

Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 7:09

Ooops! Sorry, Sheri!

Ready, Set...Day - Beth
Red Everywhere Day - Sheri - hmmm, red flower seeds,of course, and how about red devil's food cake?

I'll be back later,
Shirley!

o

Mmmmmm cake! :)

o

Shirley, the last thing I need is a 'diuretic' for my ladies. Can you imagine shoveling that? lololol Maybe I should make it just Chicken Appreciation Day and leave the poop part to the imagination.

o

I want to celebrate the Ides of March, March 15. I had a speech/English teacher who taught us about it and left a wonderful impression of mystery and fun.
The Ides of March is the first day of the Roman New Year.It also marks the first day of spring in the Roman calendar.
On this day in history, Julius Caesar was warned by soothsayers to "beware of the Ides of March". Apparently, he did not heed the warning strongly enough as he was stabbed by Marcus Brutus on the Ides of March in 44 BC.

So...it's the first day of SPRING! I love that idea! You can send me a Ken doll wrapped in a napkin (toga-style) stabbed with a plastic knife, but I was really thinking more along the lines of a few flower seeds, a bit of fertilizer, a card with butterflies & caterpillars on it, a sun magnet for the fridge or whatever reminds you of spring.
Heidi

o

Celebrate SLEEP. That is what I would like for my holiday. Something I've been lacking lately.
I think someone could have fun with this ....
sharon

o

Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 20:28

Welcome to the Swap, Heidi and Sharon! Glad you could both join in.

Sharon, I'll help you celebrate that day!

Heidi, what do you want to call your Holiday? Happy 1st Day of Spring, or the Ides of March?

Too late Alana, you're stuck with the poop! I personally feel that someone could get really creative with your Holiday!

Margo, you need to google "Chocolate Flower Farms! You are going to love it!

I think I read somewhere that the word "Ides" means "15th". If so, I was born on the Ides of April, everybody's most favorite day! And speaking of being born, want to wish Ellie, Robin, Mandy, Dianne and Jeanne , very Happy Birthdays! None of you were born on the Ides, but Robin came close with the 12th.

See, Sharon, I need to start celebrating your Holiday tonight!

But before I konk out,
Ready, Set...Day - Beth
Red Everywhere Day - Sheri
Sleep Day - Sharon/toomany
TBA - Heidi

Off to bed, probably,
Shirley!

o

I wanna join :) This is such an adorable idea. Love Chicken Manure Day!! hahaha

My day is: Happy Dog Day.

It just makes me smile to see a wagging tail :)

Have a great day!
vina

o

Fri, Mar 7, 14 at 19:22

Evening Everybody! TGIF for real!!

Hi Vina, welcome to the swap, nice to see ya! Another challenging Holiday!

We've got a nice turn out so far. You can sign up for this swap until Sunday. I'll be posting partners on Sunday evening.

Ready, Set...Day - Beth
TBA - Heidi
Happy Dog Day - Vina

Enjoy your weekend,
Shirley!

o

Shirley.....how fun!!! I am in!

After careful thought, my holiday will be a selfish one....

"Annie Just Wants To Have Fun Day"

I just heard Cyndi Laupers "Girls Just Want To Have Fun"....love that song, thus the inspiration!!

FOTESSERS never disappoint....some very creative holidays this month....LOL!

Happy Weekend!

Annie

o

Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 19:12

Welcome to the swap, Annie! I love that song and the video too. Well, except for Lou Albano. In any event, you should go to Youtube and type in "the lighter side-Queen Elizabeth". It's hilarious, scenes with the Queen, set to this song, so funny!

Nothing wrong with a day just for yourself!

Okay, I know I've said this before, but I finished my WSing today, for real this time! All I have left are the annuals. I got my seeds from the commercial swap and WSed 6 jugs. Also did Baby's Breath and Dahlberg daisies upstairs on the heat mats, and some other annuals. Good Day!

ONE MORE DAY FOR SIGN UPS!

Ready, Set...Day - Beth
TBA - Heidi
Happy Dog Day - Vina
Annie Just Wants To Have Fun Day - Annie

Have a great day tomorrow,
Shirley!

o

Let's call it the Ides of March!

o

Is today "partner day"? :)

o

Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 12:22

Yes, Sheri, today is Partner Day!! I'll be back early this evening with the list!

Heidi, the Ides of March it is!!

I've got a game ready for all you Happy Holiday-ers!

Later,
Shirley!

o

Shirley, I regret that I am going to have to pull out of the swap. I ended up in the hospital last night for a very painful bout of colitis. They do not know why I had this sudden on set so will be having follow up tests during the month. My biggest fear is that it will happen again. I'll be here until at least Monday and possibly Tuesday. I feel it the best decision since I'm not sure I can pug my all into my package. Sorry everyone.

Margo

o

Oh Margo... colitis is so painful. I'm praying for your speedy recovery and restored health.

Sheri

o

Signs of spring here in sunny AZ. This a pic one one of my rosemary plants with blooms and bees. Looks smells and feels like spring. Makes me even more anxious to be heading for MO
Hope the day is pretty wherever you are

o

Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 18:46

Margo, please take care of yourself, we'll miss you and we'll see ya next time!

Beth, how pretty! I can hardly wait for Michigan to look like that! It was a really nice day here, but nothing like that!

Okay, here are the Happy Holidays being celebrated on the 26th:
Ready, Set...Day - Beth
The Ides of March - Heidi
Happy Dog Day - Vina
Annie Just Wants To Have Fun Day - Annie

And here is the Partner List!

Vina sends to Stoney/Melinda

Stoney/Melinda sends to Heidi

Heidi sends to Shirley

Shirley sends to Sharon

Sharon sends to Annie

Annie sends to Beth

Beth sends to Jayeanne

Jayeanne sends to Alana

Alana sends to Sheri

Sheri sends to Vina

If you need addresses, ask me or your partner.
Please remember this a simple swap. Legal envelopes or small bubble envies.
Try to have your package out to your partner by the 26th.
Post when you have mailed out, and when you receive.
Any questions or concerns?

I'll post a game tomorrow night - think MARCH!!
Shirley

o

Vina! Happy Dog Day (in advance)! ;) What kind of dog is your tail-wagging friend? Can you post a photo? I love dogs. I wish I had one to follow me around my little garden. I'm contemplating adopting a Pug, again.

o

Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 7:57

Get ready to Sleep your Day away, Sharon! I'll be mailing out closer to the end of the week.
Have a great Monday, Everyone!
Shirley!
Neat pic, Sheri!

o

Yeah, partners! Margo, so very sorry to hear you are in the hospital. Colitis is not a good thing! Take care of yourself!
Beth, my rosemary never blooms. I guess it never has enough time. That is gorgeous!
Where in MO are you moving to?
Hope everyone has a great day! Melinda

o

Yesterday was 73 degrees and I cleaned out a fence line so the new flowers can come up when they feel like it. Found a little surprise-a dead squirrel. The neighbor boy shot him with his bb gun. Last week was record lows and now two days of record highs. I am enjoying every moment of the highs.
Alana, I guess I don't get to send you chocolate covered raisins! It was fun to think about Chicken Manure Appreciation Day. I have a friend with rabbit 'pellets', but I have to talk long and hard to get some. She's just very busy.
Margo I hope you gain your strength back and your body heals quickly.
Heidi

o

Just stopped in for a minute. Such creative requests for your special days. I'll be eager to hear what is sent.
Our weather has been totally gorgeous the past few days.
Margo, so sorry to hear you are sick. Get well soon and I hope they are able to figure out what triggered it.
Jeanne

o

Good news my FOTESS sisters... my photo is in the Waiting For Spring Photo Contest at Botanical Interests. The exciting part is, if you vote for my photo, #36, you are entered for one of their big prize packages as well. So exciting!

Please check out all the lovely photos in the link below and I hope you vote for #36... me! Thank you so much.

Here is a link that might be useful: Waiting for Spring Photo Contest!

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 17:32

o

Sheri....that is so cool. I just voted....go #36...go #36....go #36. Good Luck!!

Beth, Ready...Set...Day is headed your way tomorrow. I thought I would be a good girl for a change and get my swap out sooner not later.

Good Evening to all!

Annie

o

36 was one of the best, for sure. You got my vote Sheri!

I won't have time to make you see RED all over until the weekend. My envelope will probably not go out until Monday. Have a good week.

o

Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 6:35

Good Morning, All!
Sorry for not posting the game last night; had company until late. Will post it this afternoon!

Sheri, I voted for ya! Liked #18 too.
Morning, Alana!
Wow, Annie, you are on the ball!

Beautiful day here yesterday, I actually saw grass! It's not exactly green yet, but that should be coming right around the 26th! We have a major storm watch out for tonight into tomorrow, but higher temps for the end of the week. Crazy!

Margo, hope you are doing better, did you get to go home?

Happy Holidays!
Shirley!

o

Thank you, my FOTESS friends, for your votes! I am really excited for spring.

o

Afternoon!

Yes, #36 has my vote too :)

Colitis is so painful. Margo, hope you feel better soon.

Yeah! I get to send to Stoney and Melinda! Stoney's Fishing Holiday...hhhhmmmmm....hubby and Billy are crazy for fishing. Maybe I'll have to enlist some of their help on this one. :) Lucky Bass Pro Shops is close by, hahahaha :D

Sheri, unfortunately, we don't have a doggie anymore. Our Noah went to heaven more than a few years ago :( Haven't adopted another one for our home. My daughter Taylor and I have been volunteering at the local animal shelter every Sunday walking dogs. We walk all kinds of dogs, lol. Small, big, medium. They are all so excited to go out and play and run! No matter what the size they all have some big lickers, lol.

Taylor even took a pic of one of the dogs, an adorable dog that was deaf. She made pictures and put them up at her school and pretty much all around town for him to be adopted...and ya know what? He got adopted!! A kid in her school brought the flier home. She was so thrilled!! Now, she wants to "adopt" one dog every week..taking pictures and getting them adopted. She's my little crusader! I'm just so proud of her...she's only 10 and has such drive.

My favorite dogs have to be pitbulls. I just love them. They have such a bad rap in the media. They are so loyal and loving! I don't think there are bad pitbulls only bad owners.

Have a great day!!
vina :D

o

Vina, it's a wonderful thing that you and Taylor are doing. I love to hear about shelter dogs being loved. Congratulations on that terrific adoption! That really is awesome.

I mailed your package today!
DC# 9405903699300142733023

Thank you so much for your votes, everyone! You've really made my day. :)

o

Hello everyone!~ Hope you have enjoyed this beautiful day!
Sheri, voted for you also! Very cute pic!
Heidi, your package went out today! Stoney M. helped pick some of the items. I hope you enjoy!
Tracking # is: 9114901075742799364091
Melinda

o

Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 20:05

Evening All!
Whoa, the Happy Holiday packages are flying already! Good Job, Stoney and Grandma, and Sheri!

Vina, you have good reason to be proud of Taylor! And I LOVE hearing about what you do with your children!

We are supposed to get a HUGE snowstorm tonight, don't know how far south it will spread but just in case, Margo, I sure hope you are home safe and snug and pain-free!

Well, as promised, here is a little game for you all to try; it's kind of pathetic, but I couldn't come up with anything else. The first person to post ALL the right answers wins a pack of seeds. All the answers have "March" somewhere in the title, text or whatever!
1. A book by Thornton Wilder
2. A hymn
3. Collegiate insanity
4. George Eliot wrote this
5. A monthly king
6. Pulitzer Prize winner by Geraldine Brooks
7. A candy or icing
8. The March sisters

Well, off to stare out the window and wait for the storm. How fatalistic is that? Shame on me!
Have a great night,
Shirley!

o

OMG Ladies, your packages are going out soooo fast. Annie, it will take me a while to get yours together and out. Give me till next week before I can even think of having it out.

Margo, I'm so sorry to hear of your colitis. Hoping you get to feeling better soon .... and no repeats!!!!

Shirley, are you ready for another 8.5 inches of snow tomorrow??? I think I'm going to cry. :o(
But then I think of Annie's "just want to have fun day" and it lifts my spirit.

sharon

o

Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 20:30

I know how you feel, Sharon, and NO, I'm not ready for even 2 inches of that white stuff! Everything has just about melted off around here, and my daffodils are up! But I keep thinking, it has to end sometime, just wait it out and go take pics!
Maybe this will be Winter's "last hurrah!"
Shirley!

o

Ha, I was just telling my husband yesterday I was thinking of having some Ice Cream with our 40/50 degree days.

I love VANILLA Ice cream, but Not with snow outside.

sharon

o

Jayeanne, could you please send me your address?
Shirley, I can't get the old brain going on the game at this hour. I'lll try in the AM

o

Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 7:15

Good Morning!
Beth, take your time, no hurry!

Well, we only got about 2 inches of snow, but the wind is really bad, and more snow is coming down, can't really tell because of the wind, if that makes sense. It looks worse now, than when I got up. The schools are cancelled again. Our kids will be going to school until the third week of June.

Off to get ready for work, hope everyone is safe and warm!
Shirley!

o

Beth I sent you my addy, let me know if you didnt get it. =)

Jayeanne

o

Here are my guesses on the game-
1. The Ides of March
2 Onward, Christian Soldiers- has them marching
3. March insanity basketball
4. middlemarch
5. 1963 march by Martin Luther King, Jr.
6. wrote Novel named March for Pulitzer prize
7. marchpane, English version of marzipan
8. Movie from 2012, March Sisters at Christmas
Not sure on couple but had to try!
Melinda

o

Sharon, you send my way when you feel like it....NO rush!!!!! Your getting enough SLEEP is more important than Annie having FUN....LOL! I am in and out of town the next few weeks, which is part of the reason I decided to be good and send to Beth on the early side. As well, I thought if I waited to long she might not get it before she leaves for MO.

Beth, your package should arrive on Thursday
Tracking #: 9114901123086616299040

Margo, be well......thoughts and prayers..........

Vina.....I love your Taylor!!!!

Melinda....how is young man Stoney?

To all of you in the snow..... I do not mean to rub it in....but I am still in shorts and a tank. Except for the rain we got a week and half ago, it has been mid 70's/80's/some 90's since December. No complaints here but a little bit of Winter would be nice. I am very surprised that even with our warm weather, my cool weather vegetables have done very well. And all of of my winter sowed tomatoes and peppers are so happy! I just have to water them all the time.

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

o

Ok, is it my computer or has there been changes to GW again?

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I came home last night and have been feeling pretty good. I had a high white blood cell count when I left but they felt since I was progressing well, there was no point in staying. I get another blood test Friday morning and then go to the doc that afternoon. I just hope it isn't another issue.

Thanks for rubbing it in Annie. LOL We received 7 inches of the nasty white stuff. Really heavy too. It has stopped and the sun is shining but the temps are in the 20s and the wind is blowing nasty. Bad accidents everywhere including a pileup on the turnpike involving 50 vehicles, mostly semis. Tonight we are having a record -4 low. Ugh. So over it. I should have had crocus up well before now and my daffs should be showing their pretty little heads. Darnit.

Looks like the swap is going well. I will keep peaking in. Margo

o

Sheri, forgot to mention I voted for you today. Good luck.

o

Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 19:44

Hi Everyone, just wanted to echo everything Margo said about the snow. it cleared up around 2 and the sun is still shining. Crazy.

Sharon, how bad did you get hit? I heard it was worse north of me.

Margo, glad you are home and feeling better.

Annie, want to trade places?

Melinda, numbers 3, 5 and 8 are wrong. Try, Try Again! Anyone else want to try?

Here's an update on the Swap:

Stoney/Melinda sends to Heidi - Sent

Heidi sends to Shirley

Shirley sends to Sharon

Sharon sends to Annie

Annie sends to Beth - Sent

Beth sends to Jayeanne

Jayeanne sends to Alana

Alana sends to Sheri

Sheri sends to Vina - Sent

Can't wait to see how everyone is going to celebrate on the 26th!
Later,
Shirley!

o

Taking a wild guess....LOL

1. The Ides of March
2 Onward, Christian Soldiers
3. Real March Madness College sports
4. middlemarch
5. horoscope - March
8. Little Women - March

Alana - Just about have your package ready to go will let you know when I get it mailed out.

Jayeanne

o

Hi Shirley, Hubby shoveled the driveway and says there was a lot of drifting, but he think about 6 inches of snow.

Annie, not to give anything away, but what is your favorite solid color ice cream?

Margo glad you are home and recuperating.

sharon

o

So glad you're home Margo! Thank you for the vote. :)

o

Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 20:49

Sharon, that's just about what we got too. It was really bad, blowing and drifting, all morning.
And, numbers 5 and 8 are wrong, I'm looking for names for #8.
Keep on guessing!
Shirley!

o

1. The Ides of March
3. "March Madness"....starts next week
4. middlemarch
5. a monthly king salmon
8. The March Sisters are Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy.....Little Women, yes they are

Sharon, my favorite solid color ice cream, that is tough. My cream always has nuts in it. But if I must.....butter pecan and pralines and cream are a beige/brown color, But wait, I also like pistachio nut...that is green...but wait I also like peanut butter and chocolate (plus my nuts)...that is brown and black and beige. I am now wondering if this is a trick question...LOL!

Margo, so happy you are home and feeling good!

Happy Evening!

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 21:17

o

1. The Ides of March
4. middlemarch
5. March of Washington
8. Margaret 'Meg' March Brooke, Josephine 'Jo' March Bhaer, Elizabeth 'Beth' March and Amy Curtis March

Jayeanne

o

Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 22:34

All Righty!!
Everyone seems to be stuck on number 5!
Remember, the answer has to have the word "March" in the name.
Here's what it looked like from my front porch this afternoon
Shirley!

o

this is a tough one Shirley, LOL!

1. The Ides of March
4. middlemarch
5. Month of March calendar
8. Margaret 'Meg' March Brooke, Josephine 'Jo' March Bhaer, Elizabeth 'Beth' March and Amy Curtis March

Jayeanne

o

Jayeanne and Shirley...I know you are probably having sweet dreams right about now but I am awake and attemting to figure out #5.................tiz only 9:45pm out here in CA.

#5 John Philip Sousa "The March King" or the "American March King" due to his British counterpart Kenneth J. Alford also being known as "The March King".

I may be off on the above but I learned a few things along the way!!!

Sweet dreams.....

Annie

o

Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 8:23

You got it, Annie! Congrats! Seeds will be on there way to sunny California soon!
I have another game ready, will post soon!
Very, very cold here, but sunny!
Have a great day, All!
Shirley!

o

Your snow is beautiful, but I'm glad you've got it and not me. I sent Green Grass Day in the mail today! The anticipation of sending it is killing me! I had a lot of fun with Green Grass Day and my dog helped in the package, too.
I'm filling in today and leading the Lenten Luncheon in town so I'm off. I liked the game, too. I didn't get as close as many of you.
Heidi

o

Shirley, that was a nice curve ball you through our way. My husband who thinks he has all the answers for everything....everything....everything...was stumped. Please do not send me seeds. I really do not deserve a prize as I came in at the end of the game.....Melinda and Jayeanne had gotten most of them correct already. OK????

Looking forward to your next game...oh what will it be.........

Must run....Happy Thursday!!

Annie

o

Journal photo 201403journal_zps8af8cb61.jpg

The Ides of March Came Early!!!!
Thank you Stoney Matthew & Melinda!
They provided a wonderful package including:
A beautiful soft green journal/writing book. I love it!
Thinking of You St. Patrick's Day card--very sweet--with a special note that Stoney Matthew helped pick out some of the items. I'm so glad.
I am the luckiest, happiest gardener in the world. I have the Complete Cosmos Set! (If there is such a thing!) I received all of these Cosmos:
-Bright Lights
-Celebration in Pink
-Pink Popsock
-Summer Dream
-Sensation Mix
-Seashell
and (drum roll) some Bells of Ireland! I've never grown those before but they look like fun and go with the March theme so well!
I received a Garden Flag of a wheelbarrow full of flowers.
The most fun is the butterfly. When you hold it up it wiggles and looks just like a flying butterfly! It's so much fun! Was that a Stoney addition? I love butterflies and the pastel colors are so pretty.
Thank you so much! I love every part of the package!
Heidi

Ides of March-Spring Day Swap photo 201403manythings_zps9650f05e.jpg

o

Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 20:04

Evening All!
Heidi, what a great package! Happy Holidays and thanks for posting the pic. Good job, Stoney!

Annie, as you wish, and tell the hubby I'm so sorry, I didn't think that clue would be so hard!

Pretty day here today, in direct contrast to yesterday. Very cold tho.

Margo, how are you doing?

Swap Update:

Stoney/Melinda sends to Heidi - Sent/Rec'd

Heidi sends to Shirley - Sent

Shirley sends to Sharon

Sharon sends to Annie

Annie sends to Beth - Sent

Beth sends to Jayeanne

Jayeanne sends to Alana

Alana sends to Sheri

New game will be posted tomorrow evening.
Have a nice night,
Shirley!

o

Heidi, I am so glad you like the package! Yes, Stoney picked the flag and the butterfly! He said these are for spring! So we went with that!
So thrilled you liked it all!
We spent the afternoon in Springfield and still have no answers. Just that the tests that ran are abnormal but don't show the things she was looking for. Rare for abnormal granulomas in a child and a lot of things off in his blood, but she couldn't figure it out. Going to send him back to Little Rock or somewhere else to see if someone else can. He is still extremely tired, has the rash on and off, and still has enlarged spleen. She talked about doing spleen biopsy and decided against it. But we may have to do that! Who knows. So frustrating.
Hope everyone has had a great day and are doing well.
Heidi, Stoney Matthew had picked you out another gift and forgot to send it, he just reminded me. It is Irish Soda Bread mix! He thought that was so cool they made bread just for St. Patrick's day. I'll try to get it mailed! Sorry!
Have a great night, Melinda

o

Melinda, great package. I understand why Heidi is so excited. Heidi, you will love the Bells of Ireland, fun to grow and easy to harvest.

I am doing well. I went back to work for the first time but only for 4 hours. Feel great. I go for my blood test results tomorrow so hope all is back to normal. I continue to watch what I eat.

Keep having fun. Margo

o

Fri, Mar 14, 14 at 6:51

Good news, Margo, thanks for posting! Did you get much snow down there?

It's supposed to be in the high 40s today, then the temps will drop for the weekend. Oh Spring, where are you?

Have a great day, Everyone!
Shirley!

o

Shirley, we received almost 8 inches. My husband spent two hours snow blowing yesterday right through another four foot drift just to get our cars out. I hate that huge, ugly red barn on the neighbors lot. It just created so many problems for us this year.

It's supposed to hit 50 today but the winds are blowing so hard, I can't believe it would. We will be cold again by Sunday and now they are talking of a storm that is going south of here. They say it might stretch its' ugly face up here with a substantial snowfall yet again overnight Sunday. HELP!!!! I should be seeing the end of my crocus and the beginning of the daffs by now.

On my way for my blood test. Happy Friday everyone. Margo

o

Package arrived yesterday,I love it and am using stuff already. Many Thanks Annie.... More details later.
We are out for the day. Heading to the Renaissance Festival and dinner with family.
Thanks to Stony for the card and loving thoughts to all with illness and worry.
hugs
beth

o

Sat, Mar 15, 14 at 10:51

Good Morning!
Came home yesterday feeling like a cold was setting in, took Nyquil, big mistake, got up this morning. The cold never had a chance but boy, do I feel dopey.
All 6 inches of the snow we got Wednesday is melted away, overcast but warm here today.
I'll be back later with updates, game, etc.
Happy Saturday!
Shirley!

o

I'm almost 'red'dy. I'll post when I mail on Monday or Tuesday.

Margo, I'm glad you are feeling better!

Busy week, busy weekend, but I'm trying to keep up-hope all is well amongst the FOTESSI.

o

Sat, Mar 15, 14 at 20:30

Evening, All!
Well, I think I'm over the medicine! And I got a very nice surprise in the mail today - My Green Grass Day celebration, from Heidi, boy that was quick!

Heidi has a very serious sense of humor and she used it in her letter explaining the package. One of the items she sent was a sample brochure of Green Grass Day, just in case it catches on here in Monroe, I will be ready to promote it! It was so funny: it has a list of where "the grass is always greener" and my favorite has to be "the week after a national photographer comes to your door." I can see this happening! "with chemicals, but you may not be around to enjoy the grass" was another good one.

And yes, Heidi, you should have seen my face when I took a look at Max's fertilizer! I was thinking, OMG, she didn't send dog pee, did she?
And no she didn't.

As you can see from the picture, she also sent green grass; parsley, lettuce and portulaca seeds, and the tootsie rolls are also from Max-I'll leave the interpretation of them to you all! And Heidi, thanks for NOT sending the "other" grass, I agree, drug dogs at the door would not be cool!

I am still chuckling over this package, Heidi, and I'll think of you and Max, for sure, on March 26th. Thanks for the very creative package!
Shirley!

o

Love the "brochure". Great packages, everyone. Today is Vina's "Dog Day" at the shelter (I love that she and Taylor do that). I sent her something to take. I think it all arrived safely. Happy Sunday, everyone! Enjoy!

o

Great packages everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day! Glad everyone is feeling better!
Hug your family and friends today and enjoy the moon tonight!
Big Hugs to all, Melinda

o

Shirley and Heidi Love the humor and creativity of that package.
Annie Thanks again for the great package that you sent. Annie sent me a bubble envie just crammed with goodies.Popcorn... already gobbled up
2 pair of pink puffy cuddle socks. Love these as I never wear shoes inside and the socks feel terrific. Cute color too,
A pink jar of body butter. Terrific for hard working hands feet and knees. I'll remember you when I get softened up after a hard day in the garden
A nice jar candle. Saving this for summer too. Oh, I'm so anxious and excited.
Annie, you are a fantastic swapper.
Yesterday I did something I have not done in 70 years. Wanted to share a good laugh with all of my GW buddies. Enjoy

o

Sun, Mar 16, 14 at 20:28

Evening and Happy Sunday!
Beth, that is so great! But how in the world did you get up on that elephant - a ladder? I've seen elephants and camels at Renfests, never had the nerve to try riding one of them tho. Way to go, Beth! Thanks for sharing!

Sounds like a great package Annie sent!

Well, the swap is moving along nicely, here's an update:

Heidi sends to Shirley - Sent/Rec'd

Shirley sends to Sharon

Sharon sends to Annie

Annie sends to Beth - Sent/Rec'd

Beth sends to Jayeanne

Jayeanne sends to Alana

Alana sends to Sheri

Sharon, I've got your Sleep Day package all ready to go tomorrow. Will post DC# after work.
Hope everyone had a great day, it was sunny here all day, but very, very cold. Supposed to get a little warmer during the week - fine with me!
Shirley!

o

Evening!

So sorry I haven't posted sooner. Last few days have been crazy! We had the yuckiest snow storm at the end of last week. Kiddos had 2 snow days!! The weekend was a total blur...but a mist all the crazy...Sheri's Happy Dog Day package arrived!!

Sheri THANK YOU SO MUCH! The kids ate the chocolate right away, lol. It was like a shark attack :D

I absolutely loved, LOVED the card! Your so talented making it yourself!!

Sheri also sent some yummy, dried chicken jerky dog treats. Needless to say Taylor was a big hit yesterday. And made many new friends.

Also in my doggy bag :) was a new Daylily!!! New Toy...how appropriate! And Robinson Red Chrysanthemum seeds...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I loved everything!

Melinda, Your Fishy Holiday is heading your way in the morning. I have to tell you I had the hardest time finding a fishing holiday card...guess Hallmark doesn't make one, lol. So, the kiddos and I made one. Hope you and Stoney like it.

I'll post the dc when it mails.

Beth!! That is AWESOME!!! Love the elephant!

Have a great night!
vina

o

Alana....letting you know I was able to mail your package today....I think you should have this on Wed or Thurs. I have tracking info if we need it.

3 DAYS TILL SPRING!!!

Jayeanne

o

Elephant=very cool Beth!
Thanks, Jayeanne!

Sheri, I finally got it together and scheduled a code red for pick up tomorrow. I have the DC if there is a hitch along the way.

Is it only Monday???

o

Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 20:36

Hey, Everyone, hope ya all had a great Monday!

Vina, that did sound like a Happy Dog Day package! Great interpretation of your day!

Thanks for posting, Alana and Jayeanne, and Sharon, I sent your Sleepy Day package out today. I have the DC# if needed.

Here is another update:

Shirley sends to Sharon - Sent

Sharon sends to Annie

Beth sends to Jayeanne

Jayeanne sends to Alana - Sent

Alana sends to Sheri - Sent

Sheri sends to Vina - Sent/Rec'd

Happy Tuesday,
Shirley!

o

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.
Wow, what great packages this month. I love the Green Grass goodies and Beth on the elephant!
I think I mentioned that I was going to meet my new granddaughter over the weekend. Here is adorable Miranda. She is such a good baby - slept most of the time I was there.
I have some sprouts in my winter sowing jugs, but much more to sow. It has been raining and cold the past 2 days so I'm not planting more until we get a warmer day with some sun.
I hope everyone had a good St. Patrick's Day!
Jeanne

This post was edited by sandlapper_rose on Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 13:35

o

I'm excited for my package, Alana! I love your creativity.

Beth, you wild woman you! It's never even occurred to me to ride an elephant. I'm NO good on a horse and an elephant is like 5 times bigger.

Vina, I'm glad you like it all. I'll send even more chocolate next time. ;) Stay warm. Hopefully this is the last big winter storm.

Very pretty grand baby, Jeanne! So healthy and perfect.

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 21:28

o

This was the photo I used on Vina's "Happy Dog Day" card. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

o

Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 22:25

Jeanne, what a darling baby girl! Thanks for sharing!

Sheri, love the picture, that is exactly what a cat would say!

And DUH - Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Shirley!

o

Morning!

That card was so perfect! We used to have a cat that looked just like that, lol! Not the best rider to vet! Would wail the whole time, not cry, wail. It was horrible!!

Melinda and Stoney, your bubblie is on the way :D DC# is 9114 9012 3080 1090 5189 25 Expected Delivery is Friday. Hope you likey.

Welcome to the world baby Miranda! I love that name!! She's so cute! I remember when mine were that little...aaawwwww...memories.

A couple of weeks ago was the 100th day of school. Each child needed to do a 100 project. 100 of anything. Billy and I made a coral reef. 10 sets of 10 ocean animals . He was so proud! Just brought it home to hang in his room. :)

It only cost us $2.50 to make! We made everything ourselves. Only bought the poster board. Totally Fotess worthy, lol. We upcycled all the fish, plants, and coral :)

Have a super Tuesday!
vina

o

Love Billys poster.
Baby Miranda is a perfect Doll
Jayeanne, I should be mailing in another day or two.
Sheri, great photo for happy dogs. I enjoyed the elephant ride but truly I'd prefer a horse anyday. Much faster and of course, easier to get on and off.
Shirley , this has been such fun and sparked so much creativity. Thanks again
bb

o

What a great picture, Vina! Billy might have taken Best of Show last month if he'd have been entered! That's definitely Fotess-Worthy. He must have gotten a little of that creativity from you.
What fun--Baby Miranda! I've got 2 baby showers this weekend. Both having boys. I bought one lady all the baby stuff and then added the dill pickles, chocolate and chips for any late stage cravings!
We are having Disney-like snowflakes the size of quarters. Super wet so the ground can soak it up. We thought we'd have snow for 10 minutes and it's been snowing all day. We'll take all the moisture we can get!
Heidi

o

Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 20:36

Wow, that is a great poster, Billy, and I agree, you would have won Best in Show! Good Job!

Beautiful day here today. I'm down to one outer layer! Come on, Spring!

No updates, so I'll be back at ya all tomorrow,
Have a great Wednesday,
Shirley!

o

Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 7:46

Happy First Day of Spring!
FINALLY!
Have a great day, Everyone!
Shirley!

o

HAPPY SPRING! Good news, my FOTESS friends... I am one of the winners in the Botanical Interests "Waiting for Spring" contest! It was really tough competing against cute kids and cats, but we did it!!!

Alana, Annie, Melinda H., Shirley C., Sharon, Mellen, Shirley S., Margo and Christine... thank you so much for taking the time to actually vote for MY PHOTO So exciting! :)

It was very kind and thoughtful of you. I'll be emailing all of you, today, at some point. Thanks again!

Here is a link that might be useful: Contest Winners!

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 16:13

o

Sheri, so happy to hear you won! Congratulations.
Also, wanted to comment on how great Billy's poster is.
Happy First Day of Spring to everyone! I checked on my winter sowing jugs yesterday and nearly everything has sprouted. Some are badly in need of transplating already. Of course, I still have more winter sowing to do --- so I need to get moving on all of it. I was out of potting soil, but my husband bought more for me.

I hope Shirley won't mind me jumping in here in the middle of March, but I am hostess for April and with the idea I have I want to mail on April 1st so I am going to start the heading for sign ups later today. There will be multiple mailings (only one per person though) so we'll see if we can get it completed by the end of April. I hope so!

I am excited about my idea. I hope you will be, too.
Time to get ready for my Master Gardener meeting so I'll be back later.

Jeanne

This post was edited by sandlapper_rose on Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 10:14

o

Thank you, Alana, for my fantastic Red Everywhere Day package! (see photo)

Alana has me starting the day with red in the shower and then heading to the garden for more red... Garden Wonder red dahlia, Majestic Red calla lily, Brightness red cosmos seeds and Redman Super Cactus Zinnia!!! The package was full of pretty red petals, too. ;) Thank you, I love it all.

The bath puff was actually on my list to buy! I love shower gels. They make my skin so soft. Just wonderful, Alana... thank you!

Sheri

o

Congrats Sheri, you deserved to win.

And Wow, what a nice package Alana sent you!

I really love and got a big laugh out of my Sleep Day Package Shirley sent me:
1. Bedtime chamomile tea
and when I run out of the tea I can grow more with my new

2.Chamomile seeds.

3.A DO NOT DISTURB sign to hang on my door like hotels have ... this one has Sheep on it!! :o)

4.A Decoration for my Sleep Day .... sheep on a blue ribbon to hang and count. LOL

5. A CD made just for me ... all with 'sleep' songs. Although some are iffy For instance ... Help me make it through the night by Williie Nelson. Ha!

Shirley, THANK YOU! I got a big kick out of your package!

sharon

o

More great swap packages received! I love it when you post pictures.
I've created a heading for April. I called it an activity instead of a swap, but I hope you like the idea and will sign up.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Jeanne

o

Lots of great packages sent!
Love the pic that your Billy made! Great job!
And great job Sheri! Great for us also! LOL !
Baby Miranda is a beauty! I so miss babies around!
Hope everyone has a great evening! Going to go check out Jeanne's activity! Got a lot going on, so not sure if will do any this next month, we'll see.

o

Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 20:11

Evening, All!
Congrats, Sheri, got your email, will be in touch soon.
And what a great Red Holiday - good job, Alana!

Sharon, glad you liked the celebration, hope the CD plays for you, for some reason, it wouldn't play on my CD player, but it did play on my computer and the CD player at work. Strange. And ya know, I had to include Willie!

FOTESSERs, you should check out Jeanne's April swap, sounds like a lot of fun!

Well, we have six more days until we can all celebrate our own special Holidays. Here's an update on what everybody will be celebrating:

Vina sends to Stoney/Melinda - Sent

Shirley sends to Sharon - Sent/Rec'd

Sharon sends to Annie

Beth sends to Jayeanne

Jayeanne sends to Alana - Sent

Alana sends to Sheri - Sent/Rec'd

Please let me know if I missed anyone.
And have a great Friday!
Shirley!

o

Alana... just checked your tracking and it says it was delivered today hope everything arrived in perfect condition for you =) Cant wait for your reaction...Im on the edge of my seat...LOL! Hope you enjoy your 'holiday'

Jayeanne

o

My 'poop' package was perfect! I had company shortly after I got home and did not have a chance to open it right away..
Jayeanne, you outdid yourself! I'm not going to list the items now, I'd rather share a photo, so I am going to wait until tomorrow to post the contents. One of them really needs to be seen to be appreciated, lol.
Thank you Jayeanne. I love it! Back tomorrow with the particulars.

o

LOL!!! Ok no problem at all, just happy you got it ok =)

Jayeanne

o

Congratulations Sheri, great job!! Glad you won.

Great packages are being received. I always love the creativity of our members. So much fun.

Noticed my daffodils are beginning to break ground. I haven't seen any evidence of crocus so hope they survived this brutal winter.

Margo

o

LOL!!! Great packages!!

Sheri, so happy for you!!! Congratulations!! Just read your email....I will email you soon!

Margo, how are you feeling?

Melinda, thinking of Stoney............

Enjoy the March Madness, if you are in to that. I love it. And Happy Spring!!

Have a great Friday!

Annie

o

Yeah, Stoney and I rec'd his fishing holiday package today! I took a pic, will try later and see if I can get them on the computer. Wouldn't upload them the other day!
Got these:
Wonderful fish card! Very nice!
glass fish, very cool
shark's tooth necklace
keychain with bass on it
bag of skeleton shad bait
bag of gummy sharks
3 packs of seeds for me! Salvia, tomato, and columbine!
Thank you so much! Loved it all and so did Stoney Matthew! He still isn't back in school. Went one day, only half a day and was completely wiped out. Still working on a diagnosis, but still not sure what is wrong with him.
Thanks again! Hope everyone has a great day!
Melinda

o

Happy Happy Strawberry Parfait Day! LOL OMG..osh Beth!! WOW! I am in heaven! yum yum yum.... thank you ever so much for all the delicious strawberry goodies! What a wonderful package arrived today....including.....

beautiful card that included a gift card to McDonalds for a delicious strawberry yogurt parfait! (guess where Im going tonight! LOL)
a recipe for a strawberry parfait including all the ingredients! yum! (working on making this just as soon as I get off here! lol) included the strawberry jello and even the cool whip topping!
a strawberry chapstick (my favorite! how did you know I needed this? lol)
Trident layers with real fruit flavor 'wild strawberry and tangy citrus' another one of my favs!!
All fruit spreadable strawberry jam! YUM....already had to get into this, ha ha ha this will be perfect to add to the strawberry parfait later!
and a package of strawberry allstar (10 roots) to get planting my own strawberries! I was just looking at these the other day! thinking I would like to try growing my own this year! You must have read my mind! LOL
Everything was wrapped up so perfectly in beautiful tissue paper, hated to rip open but curiosity got the best of me, LOL

thank you ever so much Beth! I absolutely just love everything you sent .....what a wonderful strawberry parfait day!!

(((Hugs!)))
Jayeanne.....enjoying the package!

o

Here are the things Vina sent to Stoney Matthew and I. Check out her cool card! Only thing not in the pic are the shark gummies, of couse they are getting eaten!
Thanks again, Melinda and Stoney!

o

Annie, I am feeling so much better. I am off the meds and having no problems as of yet. I am staying away from spicy foods, nuts, wheat bread etc until I see the specialist next month and find out if it is a cronic issue or one time thing. Thanks for asking.

Great packages being received. So bummed I had to pull out.

Have a great weekend everyone, Margo

o

What great packages!! I hope Stoney feels better soon Melinda-I'll bet he loved the shark gummies.

I did a horrible job of staging the photo of my loot from Jayeanne. I was in a hurry, but here goes.
She sent some easter, eggs (of course) two with chocolate candy and one with three packs of chicken worthy seeds, including blue fescue for the girls to nibble. She also sent a gorgeous package of colorful hens and chicks plants. I have not had one of these plants in years and I have a clay strawberry jar of which it will become the star. I really like it! The "country chic" lotion was such a cute idea, and smells nice too. She also added hand sanitizer. Wonder why, lolol. There is also a "got poop" sticker. Not sure if this is purely an adhesive sticker or some kind of iron on. Help me out with this Jayeanne. If it is a sticker it is going on the back of the pickup which hauls a lot of poop. If it is an iron on, it is going on a t-shirt. Either way, it was a perfect touch.
Jayeanne you really nailed this holiday!
The best part of all is in picture number two. My lips are always dry, so this is perfect! It does have an unusual taste, though....

o

Phyllis approves of the lip balm, too.

o

Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 21:49

Congrats, Jayeanne! I know we were all wondering what you were going to do with that Holiday! Good Job!

Alana, I'll bet it does taste funny! Where in the world did she find that?

And Beth, how many kinds of "strawberries did you fit in there? Great Package!

Stoney, we're so glad you were able to take part in this month's swap! It was fun having you, and looks like you got a great package from Vina. I hope you can get out there and use some of the stuff on March 26th, Stoney's Fishing Day! And it's always nice when your grandmother can join us too!

Vina, the card was Excellent!

Well, this swap is quickly coming to a close! Here's an update!

Vina sends to Stoney/Melinda - Sent/Rec'd

Shirley sends to Sharon - Sent/Rec'd

Sharon sends to Annie

Beth sends to Jayeanne - Sent/Rec'd

Jayeanne sends to Alana - Sent/Rec'd

Alana sends to Sheri - Sent/Rec'd

Sharon, did I miss you?

Have a great weekend, Everybody, I've got yard work planned! YAY!!!!
Shirley!

This post was edited by sjc48 on Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 22:01

o

LOL!! Alana! well I must say I loved your photos especially Phyllis! I have to admit, when you posted your holiday I thought to myself, oh gosh if I get her what do i send for that holiday! LOL! You had me stumped, for a good while, LOL. I searched the good ol' search engine for days! even had my girls helping out...So happy you enjoyed everything...ok the 'got poop' sign is a sticker! so when you peel off the back it should appear black and the letters should be white (that will be perfect for your truck!! LOL)...my favorite was the lip balm...'grampa says if you got dry lips, put chicken poop on em' so you wont lick em' LOL!! (but the lip balm contains no poop, ha ha ha) my girls got the biggest kick outta that we were anxiously awaiting your response! I showed them your photos and they just loved it! We had a lot of fun putting your holiday together to make it a memorable one. ha ha ha

Shirley...that lip junk we found on the internet, never even knew there was such a thing! LOL

Just love all the creative and amazing packages .... this was an awesome swap, thank you Shirley!

Beth... took the girls for a girls night out while DH and little guy went to the first ball practice for the season... we had to stop by and enjoy the strawberry parfaits at Mc Donalds before coming home! They were delicious! Thank you so much Ill post the pics of the ones we made over the weekend... everything turned out perfect! Many thanks!

Spring is officially here ladies but we are expecting more snow in the morning and another round of a winter storm again next week....*sigh* Just cant wait for it to be nice outside again.... enjoy your weekend!

Jayeanne

o

Phyllis is beautiful. What's her personality like?

Really fun packages! Thank you for a great swap, Shirley.

o

Shirley, I sent Annies package out earlier this week. I'll have to see if I can find the receipt to see which day. But hopefully she will get it soon.
sharon

o

Sat, Mar 22, 14 at 14:08

Thanks for letting me know, Sharon!
I'll be back later, busy transplanting the Begonias, again!
And would you believe they are starting to bloom? Yes!
And it's at least another month until I can put them outside,
I really hope they survive!!
Shirley!

o

I have been gone for a few days. My neighbor has my mail so will pick it up in the morning. There may just be mail from Sharon....

Happy Evening!

Annie

o

I finally got around to opening mail last night.....and, Yes, their was a very lovely RED bubbler from Sharon.

Annie Just Wants To Have Fun Day did arrive in style!

Here we go......
Sharon's cover note states the following.......

Annie Just Wants To Have Fun!

Fun is....
*A Joke
*Laughter
*Being The Princess Of the Party
*Being Creative

*THE JOKE: Why did the ant fall off the toilet seat? The answer: Because He was pissed off! (I love it)
*LAUGHTER: Laughter with friends following the joke!
*PRINCESS:Having a party with friends and being the Princess of the party and WAVING YOUR WAND! Chuckle....Chuckle....I certainly could not wave my hand without the GLOW WAND that Sharon sent me...LOL!
*CREATIVITY:
1.Putting together a new kind of vase....Sharon sent me a folding vase with 3 packets of hydrating colored designer beads. So cool....you fill it with water, add the beads and put in cut flowers. And it is all reuseable. How clever!!!!!
2.Stickers to have fun with....and they are all word stickers....ie friends, love etc...these are great!
3.Making a card to invite a special friend out for ice cream....and eating ice cream! Sharon included the card materials for my invite and the instructions on how to do it. And she shows a picture of what the ice cream cone on the card should look like. Since my ice cream is Pralines and Cream, she even included praline colored buttons for the praline part. Sharon found this on PINTAREST.....

Sharon, you sent me a wonderful ANNIE holiday....and so very creative!

Thank you so much!!

Annie

o

It's such fun to read these posts. We got snow this weekend and my daffodils froze. Snowed off and on for 2 days and was COLD. They had 6" of green so I doubt they can survive that.
My plants in the house are getting quite big. It's too soon to be thinking of outside. I got started a little early I guess. I couldn't help it. I had the fever. Nothin sprouting in the winter sowing yet. Too cold.
It's so fun to play party with all of you! Raise your cup of tea! (chink)
Heidi

o

Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 18:14

Hi All!
Heidi, we just had snow flurries about 15 minutes ago! I almost cried. But it didn't last and now the sun is shining. My mini daffs are up, but not by much, so hopefully the cold and flurries won't hurt them. I don't have any WS sprouts yet, either. Drat!

Annie, it sounds like you will indeed have fun on your special Holiday (which, by the way, is the day after tomorrow!), and I'm still laughing over the joke!

Good Job, Sharon!

Well, Ladies, everyone has received everything they need to celebrate their very own Holiday on the 26th.

There is only one thing left to do for this swap: If you have time on the 26th, would you please email your "send to" person, and the person who sent to you, and wish them a very Happy Holiday!?

Many Thanks to all who participated, Jeanne and I both really appreciate the time you all take out of your busy lives to take part in these swaps - you are such a great group!

See ya all over on the new April FOTESS swap,
Shirley!

o

Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 8:17

Good Morning!
Don't forget to wish your sender and sendee a Very Happy Holiday today. Either here or by email!
Happy Holidays All!
Shirley!

o

Jayenne, Glad you liked the package and that was a great picture you posted Hope to trade with you again someday.
Annie, I feel like you are "an old Friend". we have traded so many times and they have all been great. Love the goodies you sent, especially the super smooth body butter. I'll be thinking of you often this summer.
And, Shirley!!!!! What a great gal. . So creative and thoughtful. You are a friend to be treasured.
Love all my GW friends. Through the years you have added so much to my gardens and my life..... can't thank you enough.

o

Wishing Beth and Alana a very happy holiday today and all the other members as well.... Enjoy your holidays ladies!

Thanks again Shirley for such a fun swap!

Jayeanne

o

Beth, Happy "Ready, Set.....Day"...................GO Day is just around the corner. Have fun traveling to MO with your honey.....be safe!

Sharon, I am still laughing at your joke!! Laughter is good!
And my GLOW WAND, well I waved it and waved it and waved it at my husband this morning (in the dark) and reminded him that it is "Annie Just Wants To Have Fun Day"....let us see what happens...LOL! Afterall, you must wave the wand properly... It is all in the wrist! A very happy SLEEP Day to you!

To each of my fellow FOTESSERS, enjoy your own very special holiday!

Shirley, once again, you have hosted a unique and special swap for us. Thank You!

Annie

o

Happy Red Everywhere Day, Sheri! I hope you saw red all day long, lol.
And thank you Jayeanne, for making Chicken Manure Appreciation Day special this year!

o

Even though I was unable to participate this month, I enjoyed reading all the posts and seeing all the wonderful packages that were sent. So much creativity.

I hope everyone enjoyed their special holidays. Shirley, another wonderful swap idea that looks like it was definitely successful.

Margo

o

Happy (belated) Holiday, everyone! Thank you for a great swap, Shirley.

o

Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 9:32

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the swap! Thank you all, once again, for playing this month!
This swap is officially over!
Have a great day,
Shirley!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here