Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

OBF Wake Up It's Spring!!! April swap

Michelle Reynolds
12 years ago

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k485/rosemctier/?action=view&current=Photobucket.jpg

Hello

Our swap for April goes like this.

step 1 Look around your yard and see what is starting to wake up that you might have for swaping.

step 2. post a small list of plants you want to try.

step 3. email me a list of the top 3 people you have plants for.

I will try to set up everyone to send to one of their 3 picks. lets try to keep the boxes on the smaller size, dont know about you but my postage funds are on the low side.

any questions please let me know

michelle

Comments (91)

• hazelnutbunny
    11 years ago

Margaret~ Kindi is said like KEN-dee. Evlin is just like it looks, like saying Evelyn, but without the extra E in the middle.
    Kindi is actually an African name, and Evlin is Celtic. I spend months scouring the internet & books for ideas for names with each baby. We actually only had Kindi picked out before her birth- we had a list of names to choose from for her middle name, but couldn't decide on one until she was born. We just went with what felt right at the time.

• jlee160
    11 years ago

thanks Michelle for the prize:) I have never grown shamrocks or aloe- but they bothe look very cool:) the H&C is very cute too- mine was eaten by something this winter I think. Thank you !

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    well I hope you all had a nice easter.
    sign ups are over so if you have something on someones list let me know the 3 top players you would like to send to and I will set up the swaps

smitties - margo
    christine00-christine
    micyrey - michelle
    flowergirl134 - vina
    jlee160 - jen
    brittneysgran - shirley
    umd terp - paul

• smitties
    11 years ago

Just sent my list.

Margo

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

My list is sent. :0)

Are you going to post here who we are sending too? Or is it a surprise swap?

Can't wait!
    vina

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    I didnt get lists from everyone but wanted to get partners set up so the swap could begin.

micyrey - michelle sends to umd-terp - paul
    brittneysgram - shirly sends to jlee - jen
    smitties - margo sends to micyrey - michelle
    flowergirl134 - vina sends to christine
    christine sends to brittneysgran - shirly
    umd terp - paul sends to flowergirl - vina
    jlee160 - jen sends to smitties - margo

I hope I got this right, be sure to get an email off to the person sending to you and get them your address.

michelle

• smitties
    11 years ago

Got your email, thanks Michelle. I have a list of your wants and I will take it out to the garden as soon as the weather seems fit.

Margo

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Good Morning everyone....where is everyone at?

Jen I hope to dig your plants this week-end and ship next week. Hope I pick just what you want.

Off to work-everyone have a glorious day.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Hey all!

Christine, sent you an email for your addy :)
    Hope to get your package ready this weekend and mailed Monday.

Have a great night!
    vina

• smitties
    11 years ago

Happy Friday everyone. I am still around, just waiting for a couple plants to get just a bit bigger so I can share them. We are due for rain tonight so that should help. I am hoping to do up my box Sunday late evening and mail it Monday before work. Will let you all know the definite plan when it gets done.

Margo

• jlee160
    11 years ago

shirley- I am sure whatever you pick will be great:) Do you still have my address?

Margo- I am hoping to get your box out this week. I will let you know when I ship:)

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Jen- I hope to mail your box this week

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Morning all!

Christine got the email. THANKS! Unfortunately, I was going to get your box dug and mailed today...:<...and it snowing i going to be a few days with mailing...but post when goes out.>HAPPY MONDAY!
    vina

• Christine00
    11 years ago

Shirley i need your address:)

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    paul I'm a bit lat sending, Im going on a trip this week and want to get something for your box in phoenix. I will send it next week, and will make it very good since it is late.
    please let me know when you send.
    thanks
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    I know the weather has been crazy so lets have a ship date by may 11th, i dont think anyone has gotten their box in the mail yet. paul since I dont think you have swaped with us before I will wait till your partner gets her box first before I send. vina has he contacted you for your address yet? I dont have his yet and there are no rate and review posts on trades he had done, dose anyone have a list of members to see if he is one?
    anyway I will be out of town till next tuesday so dont send to me to soon.

smitties - margo
    christine00-christine
    micyrey - michelle
    flowergirl134 - vina
    jlee160 - jen
    brittneysgran - shirley
    umd terp - paul

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Hey all!

Thankfully, the snow is gone...now its just cold and windy! Still yucky!
    Thanks for extending the send to date. I was really dreading going out in this weather, lol.

Nope, I haven't heard from Paul?

Have a great day!
    vina

• smitties
    11 years ago

I am pleased to see the understanding on the weather. I have felt bad that I have not had the chance to get my box off and hate to wait til the deadline. I have just not had cooperating weather when I have the chance to get out in the garden. I know exactly what I want to put in the box so that isn't a problem. I do know that the longer I have to get the box done, the bigger the plant I send. :)

Thanks for the extension. I doubt I will need that much time but a little longer helps. Margo

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Hi Everyone! Hard to believe April is almost over. But the sun and the rain and the warmer days have caused all sorts of things to just pop. every day, more and more things come alive. i have various columbines in several areas and they are just blooming like mad. every day, so nice to see more and more green fill in the spaces. i did notice that a peony plant did not make it they are leafing and there's a gap in the row!

april was a very busy month, sorry to miss this swap, but i could have never complied timely. is this going to go into may and may skipped, or does someone have may? hoping it's something i can commit to.

i was looking at this small hobby farm in south central virigina and i'm falling in love with the property ~~ it's a gardener's dream, some wonderful things already planted and established...fruit, nut and berry wise...someone devoted great care and vision.

Melissa, your family is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Vina, snow....just when you think enough is enough, get on with the nice weather. we were having beautiful weather and then it got cold and rainy and windy. i'll take that, i was glad for not so much snow this year.

michelle, i dont believe paul is a member, i'll try to find the list shirley posted a few months back, but i don't recall his name. you are right, he must send first.

happy blooms everyone!
    Maryanne

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Christine - I sent my address, let me know if you do not get it.

I don't know why but I have not been able to get on GW and when it does connect me all the posts are last weeks....too wierd.

I have been sooooo busy but really glad for all the business. I took a vacation day yesterday to dig plants for market and I received a phone call from a lady wanting to come and look at my irises. When she came she brought with her a landscaping guy and wanted tons of plants. She said I could forget about going to market any longer that she would buy every thing I wanted to sale. Not sure if she was teasing or was really serious, we shall see.

Jen - Your box was mailed on Thursday. You should receive on Monday.

Hi Maryanne good to see you back with us.

Michelle you and Maryanne are right, Paul is not a member. I don't know if anyone in the group has traded with him or not. He must send first since he has joined our swap. I will re-post the members and who has the Month of May.

Very tired Shirley

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Active Members of OBF
    Annnie/canyonwind
    Carol/veega11
    Faye/nottougly
    Jeanne/sandlapper_rose
    Jen/jlee160
    Margaret/margaret-2007
    Margo/smitties
    Mary Ellen/mellen
    Maryanne/earthlydelights
    Melissa/hazelnutbunny
    Michelle/micyrey
    Shirley/brittneysgran
    Vina/flowergirl34
    Rose/rosemetier

May mellen
    June brittneysgran
    July veeja11
    Aug. smitties
    Sept. sandlapper rose
    Oct. flowergirl34
    Nov. nottougly
    Dec. margaret_2007

Mellen can not take the Month of May so do we have anyone else who is interested in taking it?

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Happy Sunday!

Shirley, I told Mellen I'd do May :)Congrats on your iris sales...and hopefully, daylily sales too. Just a little more dough to feed your garden addiction is always nice. :)

The weather has started to turn a little nicer. Mid 50's today. Hopefully I'll be able to get my box tog. later this week. Taylor has her dance recital on Friday. She's so excited/nervous :) Going to be a very busy week.

Talk to you later!
    vina

ps. I plan on posting Tuesday for May.

• smitties
    11 years ago

Woo hoo, a digging kind of day and that is just what I did. I have Michelle's box packed, postage on and ready to be shipped tomorrow. Since she won't be back til Tuesday, perfect timing as I suspect it will be delivered by Thursday, maybe even Wednesday depending on where it has to go to get there. Have you ever noticed that sometimes are packages start out going in the complete opposite directing before it heads to where it is going? Anyway, I hope it all makes it there in good shape.

DC 9405 5036 9930 0495 3814 78

Margo

• mellen
    11 years ago

Vina, thank you again for taking May for me. I knew I had plans to be at my son's a couple of times in May, but now I may also be spending time helping out one of my sisters. N. had surgery this past Friday, and they found she has ovarian cancer. Dr. thinks he got it all, from what he could see, but she will more than likely be having chemo. I have offered to go help her out, and I am just waiting to see what happens. I was at the hospital on Friday with her hubby and daughter and then went back again today....about a 2.5 hr trip one way. Prayers would certainly be very appreciated.
    ME

• smitties
    11 years ago

Mellen, will be holding your sister in my prayers that all works out great for her. Good luck to her on her chemo.

My box will be off from the post office this afternoon. Just dropped it off so hopefully it will arrive by Wednesday.

Margo

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello
    Well it looks like Paul is a no show, so vina you send to me and I will send to you.
    Send me your address and I will send out to you soon.
    Thanks
    Michelle

• jlee160
    11 years ago

Shirley, thanks for the great box:) I received it last night.
    What a great mix. I have a spot where I can't grow anything due to the moisture that the iris will be perfect in!
    Shirley sent japenese iris, good omen; hosts gold standard, lily dizzy, and one that starts with a g. Daff bulbs and hot pokers.
    Thanks!

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Hi Michelle! Got your email and took me a minute to figure out what was going on...a little slow on the uptake today, lol!
    I'll get your package out to you later this week. :)

Happy Tuesday!
    vina

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    ok I made a booboo, this is our new line up, vina you still send to christine, and I will send to vina.

micyrey - michelle sends to vina
    brittneysgram - shirly sends to jlee - jen
    smitties - margo sends to micyrey - michelle
    flowergirl134 - vina sends to christine
    christine sends to brittneysgran - shirly

• smitties
    11 years ago

The post office sent verification that my box was delivered to Michelle today. I sure hope everything survived the trip. There was an extra little columbine that I doubt did very well but it came out with something else I dug up so it seems it wanted to go along for the ride.

Am anxious to hear how Michelle liked it.

Margo

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    well I got your box of goodies today, I was not feeling well earlier so didn't open it right a way.
    everything traveled fine but the little pineapple mint dosent look like it will make it. no worries though everything else looks great.
    she sent
    red bee balm
    hen n chicks with red tips
    hosta undulata albo marginata
    spider web hen and chicks
    2 creeping sedum
    mints - choc., spearmint, candy, pineapple.
    noid columbine
    and I just love the flower that dances in the sun.

thank you very much, I will get them planted as soon as I can.
    michelle

• smitties
    11 years ago

Michelle, the pineapple mint was a long rooting without much growth but given it is a mint, I am sure it will come back to life. It is hard to kill a mint. I am sure as long as you soak all the plants roots, they should be o.k until you can get them planted. I know most are small plants but it is still pretty early in the season so not much is in full growth. I am sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you are back to normal soon.

Margo

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Christine I received my box today and everything looked fine...I have them soaking and plan to plant them tomorrow eve.

I received:
    Heuchera Ruby Bells
    Columbine
    African Daisy
    Asiatic Lily
    Calla Lily
    Lupine

Thank you so much Christine. I can't wait to see all the new blooms. I love Lupine and have a terrible time getting it to live so I'm hoping I can keep this one alive. Wish me luck.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Hey everyone!
    Those sound like some great boxes.

Christine don't give up on me :) I'll be mailing your package this week.

Talk to you later!
    vina

• Christine00
    11 years ago

Good luck shirrley!
    Calla lily is 'flame.

Vina thats fine:)

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Well, I finally got it done :D

Christine, your package is on its way to you! :) DC# 0311 1660 0001 9243 1411 I hope you like it. There were some things that I would have liked to put in there they just weren't ready yet.

Happy Wednesday!
    vina

• remy_gw
    11 years ago

Hi All,
    I hope everyone has been well.
    I video taped some garden stuff for the first time this evening. I mentioned Mellen in it because of a OBF swap from last year. I did four parts, and in part 1 is where I mention Mary Ellen.
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: First Video

• smitties
    11 years ago

Remy, just watched your first video and what a great idea. I enjoyed walking through your garden with you as well as your entertaining chickadee. I plan to go back and watch the others another day. Thanks for sharing.

Margo

• smitties
    11 years ago

Michelle, how are you feeling? Haven't seen any posts here from you since you mentioned you were not feeling well. I hope all is ok.

Margo

• remy_gw
    11 years ago

Thanks Margo!
    Remy

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    sorry I have not been the best hostess this month, I have had some dental work done and lots of migrains this month, I was also in phoenix for a week and had lots of catch up after I got home.

micyrey - michelle sends to vina sent
    brittneysgram - shirly sends to jlee - jen receved
    smitties - margo sends to micyrey - michelle receved
    flowergirl134 - vina sends to christine sent
    christine sends to brittneysgran - shirly receved

margo I didnt see that jen has sent yet, did i not go back far enough? maybe I missed it but could not find a post saying you receved or that your package was sent.

michelle

• smitties
    11 years ago

Michelle, glad you are feeling better. Migraines are the pits.

I have not heard from Jen since she posted she would send my package the end of the month. I have not received anything.

Margo

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Hey everyone!

Remy! Love your video. That lilac did look super tough to be blooming for being so little.

Michelle, So sorry to hear about your migraines! They are the worst!!
    I received my package from you today though :D

In my package was:
    Iris: Maid of Orange (LOVE IT!)
    Iris: Batik...so pretty!
    Aloe baby
    Tropical Milkweed
    3 mystery daylilies ( I can't wait to see them flower!)

Will be planting them tomorrow for my mother's day garden day! :)

And I received a beautiful card, miracle grow singles (I've never seen these before! They look way more easy to use than the big boxes I buy), and last but certainly not least the absolute cutest cactus I have ever seen!!

I am not a cactus person, but this tiny little baby cactus is on a magnet flowerpot! And its alive. I love it!!

Thank you Michelle!! everything was just wonderful!

I hope you feel better soon!

And everyone have a terrific weekend.

Talk to you later!
    vina

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Hey all!
    I mailed Christines package last Wed. and just checked the DC. It said it was out for delivery today! It took this long to KY? I sent out a package to TX at the same time as Christine's and it got there on Friday morning.

Christine, I am so sorry if your plants are looking horrible by this point. If anything doesn't look like it will make it I can re-send...that may take another 5 days to get there!

SO SORRY!
    vina

• Christine00
    11 years ago

Hi vina! Just got done planting them all! They didnt look the best, but think they should be ok. The blue suuffered most. Thanks for everything!
    esspecially the dianthus & toad lilies! Yay! Tried to start the dianthus several times already ffrom seed& no luck.
    Blue dianthus
    Bluet
    Coreopsis jethro tull
    Hardy mums
    Bee balm jacob kline
    Bee balm__....
    toad lilies
    seduum angelina
    Think i missed something...
    anyway thanks!

• jlee160
    11 years ago

Margo, sorry for the delay, we had tons of rain during the time I was going to send, then I had my daughter's first communion this past weekend along with lots of homework..yuck. at any rate ,I sent it priority today. I hope you like what I sent.

• smitties
    11 years ago

Jlee, no problem. I've had time to get my gardens cleaned out. I actually still have a couple to get done. I worked today and will again tomorrow so will get back out there on Thursday and your package should be here by then so it all works out.

Thanks for letting me know and I will let you know when it arrives. Thank you, Margo

• smitties
    11 years ago

Received my box and it was packed full of garden goodies. In it I found

sedum noid but has yellow flowers
    blue bells
    emperor sedum
    blue star creeper
    crazy daisy
    raspberry wine beebalm
    purple geranium
    spearmint
    maiden hair fern
    Ben's tahoe, not sure what this is but it will work.

Thank you Jlee, Margo

• jlee160
    11 years ago

Margo, I am glad you liked the box:) it is Iberis Tahoe, a perennial candytuft.

• smitties
    11 years ago

Sorry about messing that up Jlee. LOL The letters kind of ran together. Silly me.

Very warm here but low humidity. Having to water plants twice a day. The best part of the new growing year is the plants, the worse part is having to water.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Margo