Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomanyanimals

update: obf march days swap continued

toomanyanimals
10 years ago

GOING MAD IN MARCH - GW STYLE size>
FINAL QUESTION

Melinda, Jayeanne and Beth b, this question is for you.

What is my favorite feature on the opposite sex?
Careful here Ladies, keep you mind out of the gutter. LOL
sharon

Comments (102)

• veeja11
    10 years ago

sorry fell asleep for this one, Hi ladies, been raining here for 40 days and nights, been busy building an ark, do I have to bring 2 slugs ?looks like nice boxes being sent, will try for April. big hugs to all my bloomin friends

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Morning! Just got back from the post office mailing Sharon's bubblie :)

DC# is: 9114 9012 3080 1090 5189 18 Expected delivery is Thursday.

A couple of weeks ago was the 100th day of school. Each child needed to do a 100 project. 100 of anything. Billy and I made a coral reef. 10 sets of 10 ocean animals . He was so proud! Just brought it home to hang in his room. :)

It only cost us $2.50 to make!

Have a great day!!
    vina

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Veeja, missed you. Here we are clearing brush and pruning for fire breaks. Send some rain. LOL but keep your slugs.
    Jeannie, your package arrived yesterday and we both enjoyed opening all the prettily wrapped packages. Candy bag was on top so we nibbled as we worked our way through the box. yum yum.
    Yes, I recognized the bunny tails on the packages. Cute and fun Packets were wrapped in springish looking white paper with purple leaves to celebrate both Spring and purple day.
    The highlight for me was a little spring chick the sits an your hand and cheeps very convincingly. I miss my chicks and Jack and I both enjoyed playing with this little guy. Package also included a packet of journaling notes, seeds for carrots and , in Purple.... a finger nail brush( perfect after a working in the garden morning) and a tape dispenser shaped like either a snail or a dinasaur.. Either way, I'm keeping that away from my garden. A package of Giant Violet Zinnias will be perfect for my cutting garden.
    Very nice choices Jeannie. Many thanks. Take time now to enjoy that precious little girl, hugs
    bb

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Oh NO, I forgot the garlic. No, not in the spaghetti sauce, in my list of goodies. sorry Jeannie. I got a nice bag of garlic bulbs for my garden.Ii put them into the utility room with my seed stash and then forgot to list them.
    I need to go sniff the rosemary for my memory!
    Anyway, thanks again.

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Michelle-I received my awesome box from you. Thank you so very much for all the beautiful plants.

Purple Oxalis
    Sedum Adolphi 'Fireglow'
    Sedum Refletum 'Angelina'
    Hens & chicks 'Bronco'
    Hens & chicks 'Spherette
    Dahlia

I am so into Sedums and Hens & Chicks. Have quite a few and still collecting. I think my Dahlias froze out over the too cold Winter we had so need to replace them. Thanks again Michelle.

Jeanne-Treasure every moment with your sweet GD. They grow up so fast.

Vina-Great job on the 100 project you and Billy did. It always amazes me the great ideas individuals come up with in different projects.

Beth-I need to get me some rosemary. Did your pussy willow cuttings root?

Night ladies.

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry ladies I've been missing in action for a couple of days. It's been busy here.
    Now I have to read up on what's been happening.

I hope everyone had a nice St Patrick's Day. I forgot to wear green to work. It's kind of a big thing and I took a lot of ribbing for it.

Vina, I love the Coral Reef your son made for the 100th day of school. How creative and COOL .... cool enough to hang on his bedroom wall! LOL

Jeanne, another super cute picture of your granddaughter.

We still have too much snow and frozen ground here to do anything outside. Hopefully soon!

Sharon/toomanyanimals **sent
    Sheri/Panhandle ** sent / received
    michelle/micyrey **received/
    Jayeanne/pinkiris - ** sent
    Jeanne/sandlapper_rose **sent /received
    Bethb/beth b Kodiak **sent/received
    Vina/flowergirl34 **sent/
    Shirley/brittneysgran **sent /received
    ME/mellen ** received
    Christine/christine00 **received / sent
    Melinda/ ilovefarac - **sent
    Sue G/sguanson - ** received
    Annie/canyonwind - ** received / sent

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A quick game

Unscramble: more than one word.

aabeptaiws
    size>

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Hi Sharon!

Just wanted to let you know in case you didnt see my post I did receive my wonderful package from Annie =)

Also was wondering on the Iris "Batik" It was very hard to pick something from your list ;) What an amazing list you have! Thank you so much.

Jayeanne

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Ill take a guess with

" a peba waist"

Jayeanne

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

HAPPY SPRING! Good news, my OBF friends... I am one of the winners in the Botanical Interests "Waiting for Spring" contest! It was really tough competing against cute kids and cats, but we did it!!!

Alana, Annie, Melinda H., Shirley C., Sharon, Mellen, Shirley S.,Margo and Christine... thank you so much for taking the time to actually vote for MY PHOTO So exciting! :)

It was very kind and thoughtful of you. I'll be emailing all of you, today, at some point. Thanks again!

Here is a link that might be useful: Contest Winners!

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 16:01

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A quick game - HINT
    Unscramble: more than one word.

aabeptaiws

_ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _

Jayanne, thanks for letting me know about Annie.
    and no problem about Iris Batik. I love that one and will be happy to send you a piece next month .... which isn't too far away!

Sharon/toomanyanimals **sent / received
    michelle/micyrey **received/
    Jayeanne/pinkiris - ** sent / received
    ME/mellen ** received

I just received my package from Vina and will write you about it as I open it.
    First I want to say how lovely the package is decorated! That is a treat in itself. I bet the postwoman loves you Vina!

Oh, Oh, purple foil grass is poking out of the envelope ..... I've got to dig around in it to find my treasures ...
    Found one .... Iris siberica blue! LOVE These
    Magnetic note pads for the refrigerator! How cute!
    Comfy 'Crush Cozy Socks' purple of course and its still cold here.
    A VERY colorful kitchen towel with Butterflies on it ... this one is going up to the cottage, it will look perfect there.
    Digging ... digging ... there is something metal in here ....
    Wait for it .... wait for it ....
    ITS A ....
    METAL BLUE BIRD. LOL

All so very appropriate to celebrate Purple Day and the Vernal Equinox! AND I LOVE THEM ALL. They brought a smile to my face. :o)
    Did you plan this out so I received the box on the 1st Day of Spring? How Wonderful!!

sharon

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    10 years ago

BIG CONFESSION HERE.

I incorrectly spelled the name of my Scrambled words.
    My face is bright red.
    Sorry if I had some of you pulling your hair out!
    What can I say, I call this object the name I spelled, even though it is called something else.

IT SOULD BE A EASY QUICK GAME NOW.
    color>
    A quick game - HINTS
    Unscramble:
    This object has become a favorite of mine to use for small easy artistic projects.

shawi _ _ _ _ _ _
    peat _ _ _ _

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

I am so sorry about not getting my box out by now. Had a small accident (fall) last week and had to go into the office all this week instead of working at home (30 miles each way ouch!) - anyway no excuses...I will get it out very soon!

Sue G

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

I am guessing Shawi Tape.
    Sue, I hope you didn't get hurt bad in your fall! Don't worry about the package, I know it'll get here when you get time.
    Just take care of yourself! Melinda

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Melinda, you got the word tape right.
    But shawi is scrambled.

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

I don't know why I typed it like you had it. I meant washi tape. I hope that's it!

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Melinda-I think you have it....congratulations.

Sue G. - Sorry to hear about your fall....hope you are soon 100%.

Such nice boxes received, this group is the greatest.

Planted lilies until I will probably dream about them tonight.
    Have a few more to plant when we get some more dirt.
    Melinda and Sharon have yours to ship out Monday for the winning games we did in Feb. Such nice bulbs, Bert from Touch of Nature always has great bulbs. I actually met him yesterday when I was in Atlanta to pick up my bulbs. Looks nothing like his picture (LOL). If any of you are familiar with the site All Things Plants and the co-ops that happen there you know Bert (DUTCHMAN) is wearing a mask in his picture. He shared with me yesterday his Daughter sneaked and took a picture of him while he was napping on the couch and threatened to post the real him. He said it took some money to talk her out of doing this.
    I love meeting people who you trade and buy from on the gardening sites.

Shirley

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Shirley, I so wanted in on the lily co-op, but I must be quite dumb as can't seem to figure out how it works. I signed up and get the newsletter, which I enjoy! But haven't figured out how to do the co-ops. Are there any going right now? Maybe I can figure it out if spend more time there. Just wasn't sure what I was doing! I am sure it is easier than it seems.

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Melinda, you are the big winner! I call the tape Wasabi tape .... probably because Washi reminds me of Wasabi, and I love saying Wasabi and I love Wasabi nuts! So when I typed out the scrambled word I put in Wasabi. LOL I hope I'm forgiven.
    We are staying below freezing here till Thursday, so I should get your prize mailed out then.

Melinda, give those co-ops a try. I've done them before and have been happy.

Shirley, you are one lucky girl! I wish I had the room to keep planting and planting. Especially the dayilies and the bulbs .... my favorites. We are planning on moving in about 5 years and hubby doesn't want me digging up anymore land. He is happy I'm finally into gardening again and says maybe we can get an acre or 2 when we move ... as long as he gets his John Deer. LOL We will see ...

I have bought from Bert before and have never been disappointed. How wonderful you got to meet him.

I need to trim my Rose Bushes soon. Anyone else this far behind?

Sharon

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Thanks Sharon! Yes, I am behind. I need to trim roses and many things.
    I wanted in on the lily co-op but wasn't sure exactly what I was doing so didn't. I should have asked someone. I posted a question once, and someone messaged me back and I had put it in the wrong place, felt like an idiot so didn't ask anymore! LOL!~ I wanted some of the tiny series of lilies. I have tiny ghost and tiny sensation and love them,so hopefully someday I'll get some more!
    Hope everyone has a great Sunday. I need to get around and get ready for church!
    Melinda
    P.S. Shirley do they do a daylily coop? I do want in on that if they do one;

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Melinda I am so sorry you missed the lily co-op...shoot I should have helped you through the web site. You know the Daves Garden groups have just about quit co-ops. So I love the reliable co-ops when you find them. Yes they do have daylily co-ops. I think someone posted that Gilbert H. Wild has a huge daylily sale going on. I am so into the newer daylilies I don't buy the older ones any more. I just received an order from them, I bought peonies, grasses, coneflowers and etc. They have wonderful peonies if you like those. I really like the tiny series of lilies as well. One of my favorites is Tiny Padhye and it was on the co-op list this year. They also had Tiny Dancers, Tiny Double You, Tiny Sin and Tiny Sensations. Bert does want everyone to list the ones he will need to order for this Fall.

Sharon-I do love that I can expand my gardens when ever I get a whim. I just point to a new site and tell DH to dig it up. He knows better than to argue because I will hire someone to do it. LOL I am proud of him, he has been working so hard this year and the flower beds show it. Almost weed free and mulched. I hope to have the Garden Club Group and the Master Gardeners here this year. It makes a big difference if you are retired and can work at it each day. When DH wanted to retire last year I told him you will have to keep the flower beds attended if I have to work. So the deal was done.

Shirley

• mellen
    10 years ago

Vina, your box WILL got out tomorrow!

Shirley, I always order from Bert, too. Love his bulbs, etc. I have never been disappointed. Do you think Vina might deduce from this that she may be getting a bulb or two? lol

ME

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Melinda and Stoney - I rec'd a sweet note from Stoney Matthew today, just so happy to make him happy! My son was anxiously awaiting to see how he liked what he picked out for him. Hope he is doing better. =)

Shirley - Not sure of the co op with the lilys but next go around that is something I would be interested as well.

Thank you Sharon for hosting...what a fun swap!

Jayeanne

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Just got mail from young man Stoney....a very nice thank you note! Thank you Stoney Matthew...............what a nice gentleman you are to send out thank you notes.
    Thinking of you......................

Melinda, congratulations on the WIN!

Sue, do take care!

Sharon, this has been an awesome swap....thank you.

Happy Monday!

Annie

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sharon/toomanyanimals **sent / received
    michelle/micyrey **sent/ received
    Jayeanne/pinkiris - ** sent / received
    ME/mellen **sent/ received

Just a few more boxes and then we are done for this month.
    Hoping everyone is doing well.
    Sue, hope you are recovered from your fall.
    Shirley, hope your sister is mending now.
    Always keeping Stoney in my thoughts.
    sharon

• mellen
    10 years ago

Sharon, thank you for the petunia seeds! I did get them. :)

Stoney, thank you for the sweet card. You are quite the young man!

Vina, your box went out today. Finally.......

ME

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Jayeanne-I will let you know when the next lily co-op happens.

Sharon-Thanks for asking about my Sister. She was released by the Dr. and went back to work Monday.

Beth-I received the rosemary....thank you so much. Can't wait to get a nice start of these varieties.

Shirley

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

Thank you for a great swap, Sharon! I'll be posting the OBF April swap on the morning of March 31. :)

Sheri

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Haven't been on much, but wanted to thank Shirley for the wonderful chill out lily bulb! I love it and don't have that one!
    To all who are thinking about Stoney Matthew, thank you so much! He is some better but still definitely not back to normal and we still have no diagnosis.
    Now his oldest brother has been in the hospital since Tuesday and will be a while before he comes home. I've been there everyday, I left early today to take care of few things I had to do . They took him back to surgery today, they had nicked his colon in the first one and he is one sick boy! His temp was 102.4 when I left. He has a way to go before he is going to be better. I'm tired and worried,but know that all will be well in the end.
    Thanks again for the prize Shirley!
    Hope everyone has a great evening! I'm going to try to sleep a little as probably will have to go back up before long.

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Shirley, Thank you so much for the lovely Tiny Padhye Lily. I am so looking forward to seeing it bloom this summer!
    Sharon

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear about your brother, Melinda. The same thing happened to my stepmother many years ago.

I'm a bad bad Sue not sending your box yet but I hope you like it when you get it - after all it's still Spring right? LOL

Anyway I'm feeling better so it will be on it's way soon.

Sue G

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Melinda, oh, those poor parents! 2 children sick at the same time. I hoping for the best for both of your grandchildren! I looked up the lily you received from Shirley,'chill out', how pretty!

Sue, glad you are feeling better! It's still March, so your box isn't late yet!

Shirley, I'm so excited about the Tiny Padhye Lily, I couldn't wait to plant it in the frozen ground, so I have planted it in a Styrofoam coffee cup in the basement with my seedlings. I even pulled off a lobe (?) of the bulb to try and get a second one started. LOL

I'm seeing my sister this weekend ... we were hoping for a 50 degree day, but weather says we will lucky to hit 40. :o(
    Still winter if you ask me!

sharon

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Melinda, sending prayers for both boys. Hope by now things are looking better for both.
    Sending hugs too

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Melinda-So sorry to hear the news about your Grandson. Please keep us informed and I will be praying he will be home soon. Hope to hear Stoney Matthew is 100% better real soon. I hope Chill Out blooms beautiful for you.

Sharon-I have read on some of the gardening sites that you can take a piece of the lily scale and start a new one. LMK if it works for you. Hope you and your Sister have a wonderful time together.

My Beautiful Daughter called last night and asked me to go with her to some yard sales this morning. I went and we found a treasure here and there. It was so good to spend the day together. We ended up in another town and checked out stores we do not have in our town. It is so nice to have a best friend who is also your Daughter.

Shirley

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

I'm going to post April's OBF swap theme today, instead of tomorrow! Shirley's story about finding treasures with her daughter motivated me... hint hint. ;) I hope everyone can play!

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Good morning everyone!

We've been out of town for the last 9 days. Just got home yesterday...and what was waiting for me MaryEllen's box!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!

ME, included some beautiful Lily Bulbs. Different Varieties, a lovely card, a 'RAINBOW' of pens and pencils and erasers!! HOLY MOLY!! All taped together like a real Rainbow! Adorable sunflower pot footies, a heavenly scented candle, a garden marker... And the absolutely CUTEST turtle!! He's made of copper and has beads on him...even a little tail!!! SO CUTE!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE AWESOME BOX!! I LOVE EVERYTHING!!

Sorry about the late posting. But, this is the first thing I'm doing today...hahahaha...and I'm so tired maybe the last too. :)

Have a great day!
    vina

• mellen
    10 years ago

Vina, happy to hear you liked your 'stuff.'

Happy April 1, everybody!!!
    ME

• veeja11
    10 years ago

prayers for all those in need. been out of it awhile. big hugs to all my bloomin friends looks like we have a new member who has april. hello Sheri, I am one of the oldies, gonna have to play in april its been too long. took oso for his first truck ride today, to get neutered, he may never get in my truck again. gonna be fun for a couple of weeks, gotta keep him in and hes not housebroke. wish me luck and no accidents

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Vina, What a Stellar box you received from ME, sounds like it was worth the wait!! The turtle sounds adorable.!

Carol, good to hear from you. Wishing you luck and no accidents. lol You will have to come over to the April Swap and post pics and storied about OSO.. What does OSO stand for?

This concludes the March Swap, It has been fun ladies!!!!

sharon

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Sharon, thank you for hosting~ It was a wonderful swap, will be better when I receive my box from Sue! I understand she is having some problems I guess! She must have got hurt in the fall worse than I thought! Sue, I hope you are better!
    But it's been a lot of fun and you've been a great hostess!
    Melinda

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

Melinda I am so sorry, I thought you would have rec'd your box today -- sorry will never be late again. If you don't receive it tomorrow, please let me know!

Sue G

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Sue, don't worry about it! I know you were going to send when you could! I was just afraid you got hurt more in the fall than you told us! I don't feel bad towards you at all! Life gets in the way a lot, and I've been late myself before! Don't think anything of it! I will love it when it comes!~ Thanks, Melinda

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry Melinda, for some reason I thought there was only one box still missing out there and when Vina said she had received her box .... well, I thought that was it. But all I had to do was look back at my last listing of sent/rec and I would have seen you were still waiting. I'm glad Sue has gotten back with you.
    Thanks Sue for letting us know the box is almost there.
    Yes, sometimes life is what happens when we are planning on mailing out a box. LOL
    Sharon

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

Melinda,

I've sent you a screen shot of what the USPS website says. I've never had a box lost yet but I'll call them when they open and see if they can tell me anything.

I shipped another box the same day and it arrived just fine.

I'm so disappointed. But if it's truly lost I can make you another one no problem.

Sue G

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Wow! Did I ever receive a box from Sue! It was worth the wait! I don't even know where to start on my favorite things as I loved it all! You did an outstanding job of spring and purple things!
    Rec'd:
    Large bag of tulips purpled with pride blend
    Large dinnerplate dahlia
    bag of Sparaxis bulbs
    bag of freesia bulbs
    poppy grow kit
    garden rock with purple flowers and lady bug on it
    beautiful spring sign done in pastels
    hand rake-needed this, can't find my other one
    purple garden gloves
    black cherry candle-love the scent
    purple water bottle
    small mini fan
    solar dancing bee-nurses at hospital have these sitting on their station desk and I loved them, had never seen them before, so was excited to see one!
    frog and snail pot holders
    package of jobe's fertilizer spikes
    slinky in purples and pastel colors-very fun
    absolutely beautiful gem stones polished and ready for necklaces-LOVE these
    and pair of earrings made with polished rock-gorgeous!!!
    I am thrilled with my box! Thank you so very much!

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Here is the other pic with all the other stuff in my box! Thank you again!

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Wow what an awesome box....Melinda you must have thought it was Christmas. Love those gem stones...

Sue-Glad to hear you are OK....and please watch those falls.

Sharon-Thanks for a wonderful month of March swapping. You have been an awesome hostess.

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Melinda, Yes, that box certainly was worth waiting for! So many cool items!
    Sue, you did yourself proud!

Ok, I guess I can say this again and it will be correct this time. LOL

This concludes the March Swap, It has been fun ladies!!!!
    Sharon

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Sharon, Thank You so very much for the wonderful prize from the scrambled word contest!~ I rec'd 2 pkgs. of washi tape and package of Dbl. Bouton de Rose Begonias! Thank you so much!~ I love them! Melinda

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Thank you Sharon for my prize of the 'Batik' Iris. I rec'd this on Sat. (I think) but have had lots of family visiting so the days got away from me. I planted it today and will let you know how it does. Thank you ever so much =)

Hugs,
    Jayeanne