Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Spring Forward Vine & Herb Swap

Posted by stardrifting 5 (stardrifting1970@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 20:23

With a twist - A Wild Card! Three of the packs of seeds will be any type of plants you wish!

RULES:

Only one pack of Morning Glories is allowed.

Only three packs of the same type of seeds are allowed.

Minimum 10 seeds per pack.

Send 25+ packs of seeds to me - Whatever you send will be the amount I will return to you. Use a bubble mailer - That is what I will be sending your seeds back to you in.

Please include a return label with your address on it, this will really help me out.

Include what postage it cost you to send, plus one extra stamp - This should be enough to cover it in case I want to include something special. *Hint Hint*

Include a list of what you have sent to me so I can make sure to send you totally different seeds. If you would like to send me a wish list, I will do the best I can to fulfill it. No seeds older than 2012.

When I have all of the seeds I will mix them all and divide them up to send back to you. Any additional seeds welcome.

Deadline to get the seeds to me is March 31. I will get your new seeds out no later than April 15.

Please respond here if you are interested. Remember the more unusual or rare, the better!

Send seeds to:

Stacy Leverette
c/o Spring Forward
755 Grant St.
Lawrence KS 66044

Let's Have Some Fun!

Stacy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Spring Forward Vine & Herb Swap

Yes! Yes! Yes! I am totally in. Thanks for the email, Stacy, since I don't check this forum all that often. I will start scrounging through my seeds and see what I can come up with. Thanks again for the heads-up!

o

Hey Stacy,

I love herbs, so I have no problem figuring out what fits in that category, but I'm looking for a little clarification on the "vines" part. I know indeterminate tomatoes are vines, as well as some types of beans (pole and runner), melons, squash, cucumbers. Or are you only wanting flowering vines like morning glory, wisteria, bougainvillea, etc? Posting here, rather than sending you an email, in case this info might be useful to others.

o

Let's make it interesting and go with ANY type of vines. Not only flowering types, but beans, tomatoes, etc. I think it will make it all the more fun and I love leaning about new things! Thanks for the awesome question!

o

Excellent! Vining veggies makes this all the more awsome!

o

This sounds interesting. Let me check my larder for what I can offer. I know that I have already bought or traded for more than I will plant anyway, so this may put a fun twist on Spring planting.
LtlWilli / Rick

o

Awesome... I 'may' have a bit over board buying seeds to get started this year... but I have big plans (long term plans) so am trying to get as much started my first year. In short I should have a bit to contribute ;^)

o

Ok twist my arm, I'm in. Thank you for hosting Stacy :) Christine

o

Alright! Thanks everyone!

o

Alright! Thanks everyone!

o

Wonderful! I'm in. Thank you for hosting this Stacey.
Bea

o

Stupid question.... I'm fairly new to growing(my 2nd season)I have a book called The Complete Book of Herbs. I'm sending in stuff that the book says is an herb because I just don't know all the different herbs(medicinal or culinary). Is that ok to do? Also, is False Nettle an herb??? It's not in the book. I know common nettle is. Learning something everyday hahaha :)

o

As far as I know False Nettle is not an herb, but it is a host plant for Red Admiral butterflies. That makes it super cool! Go ahead an include it, if you like. Here's a neat link: http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/1menu.html

o

As far as I know False Nettle is not an herb, but it is a host plant for Red Admiral butterflies. That makes it super cool! Go ahead an include it, if you like. Here's a neat link: http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/1menu.html

o

Thank you so much for the link, Awesome!! And what a beautiful butterfly the Red Admiral is. Wish we had them here. We have Monarchs everywhere and I see Swallowtails once in awhile
:)

o

Oh, wow. Cool site. I hadn't come across that one before. Thank you for sharing, Stacy.

I think I've just about got my seeds ready to send to you. :)

This is an exciting swap. I'm so glad you're hosting it.

o

My two very favorite things in the world, lol!

o

I would like to join in!

o

Awesome!

o

I just got back from the post office. 52 packets of seeds heading your way, Stacy.

o

WooHoo!! You're awesome, Erica!

o

I'm in, I'll go look through my inventory.

o

I just wanted to let everyone know that wants to join that you can send in in whatever amount of seed packs you have. I don't want anyone to miss out because they don't have the 25 packs of seeds. I do know that there are a few of you that are just getting started and I think this will be a great way to get a few different thing. So come on in!

o

Hi Stacy,
Sign me up! Will get seeds out to you in tomorrow's mail. Thanks for hosting this swap.
Ann

o

Glad to have you all!

This post was edited by stardrifting on Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 20:37

o

8 People including myself - Yippie!

o

is a morning glory and a moonflower vine the same thing??

o

No, they are two different types of vines.

o

Hello Hope I just signed up under herb forum. Heads up anybody got some seeds for T+M Victoria fennel? Will be sending my envlie tomorrow. Susan

o

Hi Susan, great! We'll see what we can do as far as your wish list. I actually have a few of the wishes for some of you already!

o

Erica, I received your seeds today - Thanks!

o

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know. :)

o

Iam in, Sending yous some Yarrow yellow and pink,cilantro herb,Yucca Adams needle edible flowers, one Morning glory, clematis yellow radar love vine,P/ Savory Herb , some extras too.
I have your address thank will get out this week to you. Sounds Great.

o

Awesome - We now have 11 people!

o

Hi this will be my very first seed exchange. I'll be sending out the packet tomorrow thanks so much for this. Kirsten AKA VikingPrincess.

o

Thanks Kirsten - We now have 12 people!

o

Count me in - this looks fun. :)

o

Thanks andbowen - We're up to 13!

o

OK package on the way to you Stacy and there is a surprise inside for you as a thank you for doing this. I'm not telling so you'll just have to wait and see. Kirsten.

o

No way I can pry it from you, huh? Well, shoot, guess I'll just have to wait, lol. Thank you, Kirsten!

o

Hi
I seeds are going out today-- I have 60 packages ready. I have love-in-a puff vine. They are so much fun to watch grow. I love herbs and look forward to starting the seeds. Thanks so much

o

Thank you clay_lady! I am so looking forward to this swap!

o

I'm mailing some seeds today, I definitely don't have 25 packs, but thanks for letting me join!!!

o

You are very welcome - The the merrier, as Erica said!

o

Hey, Stacy. Nice job promoting the swap on the seed exchange forum. I noticed that you had nudged several members who were searching for herbs to join. That's a great way to get the word out.

o

Thanks, Erica! Can't have too many can we?!

billingsdj & Ann - Received your seeds today and I have to say I am very impressed. Good job!

o

My 2 grandsons wanted to be in the swap. They each have 50 packs that were mailed today. They love to garden and love swaps. Thanks

o

That's really awesome - thanks for spreading the word!

o

Stardrifting, You sent me an email that was meant for bzzybee. Jen

o

ACK - I wonder how that happened? With Yahoo combining all the emails I get pretty confused.

o

Hi Stacy, mailed off my package today. Should be there Mon. Have a great weekend everyone :)
~Christine

o

Stacy, my package will be in the mail tomorrow. Thank you for organizing this!

o

It's finally on the way! 40-something packets.

o

WOW, I'm so impressed with all of you! So far I have received seeds from:

billingsdj
clay_lady and her two grandsons
EricaBraun
skyblue52
mastergarder2003
atravers
SisterIndigo
VikingPrincess
Desirai

I love the letters and gifts that you have been sending to me in your packages - Thank you very, very much!

clay_lady, I learned a few things from your grandsons about herbs that I didn't know. I am so happy that they are interested in gardening and know so much! And their letter to me is so sweet - I read it to everyone within earshot, lol.

Oh, and I have some great news! We have two donations to our swap! One is from Leo, a GW member and the other is from Bouncing Bear Botanicals (http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com), who's warehouse is three doors down from me. They are awesome!

Just wanted to give you all a little update and tell you how very happy I am to be doing this. You all are great! And yes, I am swamped in seeds!

This post was edited by stardrifting on Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 19:27

o

Oh, wish I had been checking the forum...sorry I missed this one!

o

Hello Everyone! I'm going to extend the date to have your seeds in to April 7th, this still gives me plenty of time to get the seeds sent back out on the 15th. Hope you all are have a wonderful day!

o

Oh good I was hoping mine would have come today and was worrying if it didn't arrive. Kirsten.

o

Thank you so much for letting me slide in at the last minute. I will start right away getting seeds ready...promise to have much more than 25 packs to share.

o

You're very welcome!

Received seeds from socalgardengal and andbowen today!

And I'm getting confused with some of the packages. Some aren't including their GW name or a list of what they sent. Also, please don't forget to send stamps - I have a package that came in without any. :)

This post was edited by stardrifting on Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 19:20

o

Stardrift I sent you an email I was just making sure you got it

o

My 75 packs of seeds are in the mail and expected to arrive on Monday. I have a tracking # if you need it.

o

midwestfarmwife, I'll only need it if there is a problem. Thanks for joining!

graanieb, your package arrived yesterday - thank you!

My internet has been acting funny for two days, sorry haven't responded to emails, yet.

o

midwestfarmwife - package received.

Now comes the sorting and filling!

o

I'm so excited. Thanks again for the hard work stardrifting. Kirsten.

o

Are the paks on the way yet. thanks so very much Bon.??

o

Hello Everyone! Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I was not able to send the packages out yesterday. The good news is that they will go out tomorrow! I apologize for the delay, it was kind of out of my hands.

I hope you all enjoy what you will receive. Some of you will be getting different envelopes back that you did not send your seeds in because they were too small to fit everything in. I think everyone sent a few of the same things, so in order to make sure you got something different, I made up a lot of seed packs from my own stock. If you receive something back that you sent, I apologize, but I think you all have some things from your wish list.

I appreciate your cooperation - It really made things go more smoothly.

o

All packages are on their way! Note to anyone wanting to host: Ask for a little more postage than what I did. It cost me about $10-$12 more to send all the packages, as some were heavier than expected. And one more thing, I ended up buying some bubble envelopes because people send all different size bags and amounts of seeds and the smaller envelopes get to small to fit all of them in.

All in all, it was a great experience! This is my second host, the other one being about 10 years ago. I hope you all had/have a great experience and enjoy what you get in the mail!

Stacy

o

Thank you so much for doing this, Stacy!!!!

o

Thank you Stacy for the Post and all the work that goes into a large swap like this. Thank you for going the extra mile too. I cant wait to get my goodies too. :)
Great Job. Bon.

o

thanks for doing this!! I love doing seed swaps... :)

o

You're very welcome! I really enjoyed this, I hope my last post didn't make it sound like didn't. I'm such a people person and since I am disabled, my whole world is pretty much the computer/internet.

Yes, it was a huge undertaking, but very much worth it to meet fellow gardeners and new personalities. Not to mention what I have learned in the process. Thank you to everyone that is involved!

o

Thank you for all your hard work Stacy! Your really had your work cut out for you. Appreciate your good heartedness and perseverance! Kudos to you!!!! A job well done.
Ann

o

Stacy, hope you got some seeds on your wish list too. I can't wait to see what comes in the mail...just in time to plant here in Ohio where it's finally feeling like spring - yeah!

o

Thank you Stacy for the seeds I received them today I love them. Bless your heart. Bon.

o

My seeds arrived today. Thank you so much stardrifting and everyone who contributed. I received lots on my wish list, including Horehound that I've wanted to try since I found a recipe online for cough drops made from it, just like the ones my mother used to buy for us. Some really neat flower seeds were in there too, and an unexpected surprise - a tiny, little feather in the most pretty powder blue shade. I am guessing that someone has a blue parakeet? LOL

o

Got my seeds today. Thank you so much for hosting the swap, Stacy! I was able to take a couple herbs off my "want" list. :)

o

midwestarmwife - That would be my male parakeet Tristan! His mate is yellow and her name is Isolde. That's was very funny! By the way, if anyone gets hair in your package, don't be surprised! I have very long hair and two cats, one yellow/orange and one black. We have fish, too, but none of you should be receiving any of those, lol.

Erica - Glad you got yours seeds and are happy with them!

mastergarder2003 - Yeah!

o

Stacy my package arrived today and I couldn't be happier with the selections. Thank you so much for hosting as my first time ever trading seeds you made it a smashing success for me.
LOL about the cats, well that explains why every cat in our house has taken up an interest in gardening since the package arrived.

o

I haven't gotten mine yet, *anticipation*

o

Stacy, Thank you for the wonderful swap. I can't wait to get them in the ground and watch them grow and grow. You're the best!

o

Has everyone else gotten theirs? I'm beginning to think the mailman misplaced mine :(

o

It does seem to be taking a while for some of you to be getting them.

o

I have not received my seeds yet

o

Desirai, I put the address label on the package that you gave me. I also put the return address as the same, to be sure they went to the right destination. Anyone else not get their seeds, yet?

o

mine still haven't made it

o

Mine still haven't come :(

Sad!!!

o

OK, I just remembered I have the tracking info on the PO receipt. For those that haven't received their packages, please tell me what city and state you live in and we can track them.

o

Westerville, OH

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here