Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stardrifting

NEW: Spring Forward Vine & Herb Swap

stardrifting
10 years ago

With a twist - A Wild Card! Three of the packs of seeds will be any type of plants you wish!

RULES:

Only one pack of Morning Glories is allowed.

Only three packs of the same type of seeds are allowed.

Minimum 10 seeds per pack.

Send 25+ packs of seeds to me - Whatever you send will be the amount I will return to you. Use a bubble mailer - That is what I will be sending your seeds back to you in.

Please include a return label with your address on it, this will really help me out.

Include what postage it cost you to send, plus one extra stamp - This should be enough to cover it in case I want to include something special. *Hint Hint*

Include a list of what you have sent to me so I can make sure to send you totally different seeds. If you would like to send me a wish list, I will do the best I can to fulfill it. No seeds older than 2012.

When I have all of the seeds I will mix them all and divide them up to send back to you. Any additional seeds welcome.

Deadline to get the seeds to me is March 31. I will get your new seeds out no later than April 15.

Please respond here if you are interested. Remember the more unusual or rare, the better!

Send seeds to:

Stacy Leverette
c/o Spring Forward
755 Grant St.
Lawrence KS 66044

Let's Have Some Fun!

Stacy

Comments (87)

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks andbowen - We're up to 13!

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No way I can pry it from you, huh? Well, shoot, guess I'll just have to wait, lol. Thank you, Kirsten!

• clay_lady
    10 years ago

Hi
    I seeds are going out today-- I have 60 packages ready. I have love-in-a puff vine. They are so much fun to watch grow. I love herbs and look forward to starting the seeds. Thanks so much

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you clay_lady! I am so looking forward to this swap!

• Desirai
    10 years ago

I'm mailing some seeds today, I definitely don't have 25 packs, but thanks for letting me join!!!

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You are very welcome - The the merrier, as Erica said!

• EricaBraun
    10 years ago

Hey, Stacy. Nice job promoting the swap on the seed exchange forum. I noticed that you had nudged several members who were searching for herbs to join. That's a great way to get the word out.

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Erica! Can't have too many can we?!

billingsdj & Ann - Received your seeds today and I have to say I am very impressed. Good job!

• clay_lady
    10 years ago

My 2 grandsons wanted to be in the swap. They each have 50 packs that were mailed today. They love to garden and love swaps. Thanks

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's really awesome - thanks for spreading the word!

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

Stardrifting, You sent me an email that was meant for bzzybee. Jen

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ACK - I wonder how that happened? With Yahoo combining all the emails I get pretty confused.

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Hi Stacy, mailed off my package today. Should be there Mon. Have a great weekend everyone :)
    ~Christine

• Audrey McDermott
    10 years ago

Stacy, my package will be in the mail tomorrow. Thank you for organizing this!

• Audrey McDermott
    10 years ago

It's finally on the way! 40-something packets.

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

WOW, I'm so impressed with all of you! So far I have received seeds from:

billingsdj
    clay_lady and her two grandsons
    EricaBraun
    skyblue52
    mastergarder2003
    atravers
    SisterIndigo
    VikingPrincess
    Desirai

I love the letters and gifts that you have been sending to me in your packages - Thank you very, very much!

clay_lady, I learned a few things from your grandsons about herbs that I didn't know. I am so happy that they are interested in gardening and know so much! And their letter to me is so sweet - I read it to everyone within earshot, lol.

Oh, and I have some great news! We have two donations to our swap! One is from Leo, a GW member and the other is from Bouncing Bear Botanicals (http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com), who's warehouse is three doors down from me. They are awesome!

Just wanted to give you all a little update and tell you how very happy I am to be doing this. You all are great! And yes, I am swamped in seeds!

This post was edited by stardrifting on Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 19:27

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

Oh, wish I had been checking the forum...sorry I missed this one!

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone! I'm going to extend the date to have your seeds in to April 7th, this still gives me plenty of time to get the seeds sent back out on the 15th. Hope you all are have a wonderful day!

• VikingPrincess
    10 years ago

Oh good I was hoping mine would have come today and was worrying if it didn't arrive. Kirsten.

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for letting me slide in at the last minute. I will start right away getting seeds ready...promise to have much more than 25 packs to share.

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You're very welcome!

Received seeds from socalgardengal and andbowen today!

And I'm getting confused with some of the packages. Some aren't including their GW name or a list of what they sent. Also, please don't forget to send stamps - I have a package that came in without any. :)

This post was edited by stardrifting on Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 19:20

• Desirai
    10 years ago

Stardrift I sent you an email I was just making sure you got it

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

My 75 packs of seeds are in the mail and expected to arrive on Monday. I have a tracking # if you need it.

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

midwestfarmwife, I'll only need it if there is a problem. Thanks for joining!

graanieb, your package arrived yesterday - thank you!

My internet has been acting funny for two days, sorry haven't responded to emails, yet.

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

midwestfarmwife - package received.

Now comes the sorting and filling!

• VikingPrincess
    10 years ago

I'm so excited. Thanks again for the hard work stardrifting. Kirsten.

• mastergarder2003
    10 years ago

Are the paks on the way yet. thanks so very much Bon.??

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone! Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I was not able to send the packages out yesterday. The good news is that they will go out tomorrow! I apologize for the delay, it was kind of out of my hands.

I hope you all enjoy what you will receive. Some of you will be getting different envelopes back that you did not send your seeds in because they were too small to fit everything in. I think everyone sent a few of the same things, so in order to make sure you got something different, I made up a lot of seed packs from my own stock. If you receive something back that you sent, I apologize, but I think you all have some things from your wish list.

I appreciate your cooperation - It really made things go more smoothly.

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

All packages are on their way! Note to anyone wanting to host: Ask for a little more postage than what I did. It cost me about $10-$12 more to send all the packages, as some were heavier than expected. And one more thing, I ended up buying some bubble envelopes because people send all different size bags and amounts of seeds and the smaller envelopes get to small to fit all of them in.

All in all, it was a great experience! This is my second host, the other one being about 10 years ago. I hope you all had/have a great experience and enjoy what you get in the mail!

Stacy

• Audrey McDermott
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for doing this, Stacy!!!!

• mastergarder2003
    10 years ago

Thank you Stacy for the Post and all the work that goes into a large swap like this. Thank you for going the extra mile too. I cant wait to get my goodies too. :)
    Great Job. Bon.

• Desirai
    10 years ago

thanks for doing this!! I love doing seed swaps... :)

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You're very welcome! I really enjoyed this, I hope my last post didn't make it sound like didn't. I'm such a people person and since I am disabled, my whole world is pretty much the computer/internet.

Yes, it was a huge undertaking, but very much worth it to meet fellow gardeners and new personalities. Not to mention what I have learned in the process. Thank you to everyone that is involved!

• atravers
    10 years ago

Thank you for all your hard work Stacy! Your really had your work cut out for you. Appreciate your good heartedness and perseverance! Kudos to you!!!! A job well done.
    Ann

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

Stacy, hope you got some seeds on your wish list too. I can't wait to see what comes in the mail...just in time to plant here in Ohio where it's finally feeling like spring - yeah!

• mastergarder2003
    10 years ago

Thank you Stacy for the seeds I received them today I love them. Bless your heart. Bon.

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

My seeds arrived today. Thank you so much stardrifting and everyone who contributed. I received lots on my wish list, including Horehound that I've wanted to try since I found a recipe online for cough drops made from it, just like the ones my mother used to buy for us. Some really neat flower seeds were in there too, and an unexpected surprise - a tiny, little feather in the most pretty powder blue shade. I am guessing that someone has a blue parakeet? LOL

• EricaBraun
    10 years ago

Got my seeds today. Thank you so much for hosting the swap, Stacy! I was able to take a couple herbs off my "want" list. :)

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    10 years ago

midwestarmwife - That would be my male parakeet Tristan! His mate is yellow and her name is Isolde. That's was very funny! By the way, if anyone gets hair in your package, don't be surprised! I have very long hair and two cats, one yellow/orange and one black. We have fish, too, but none of you should be receiving any of those, lol.

Erica - Glad you got yours seeds and are happy with them!

mastergarder2003 - Yeah!

• VikingPrincess
    10 years ago

Stacy my package arrived today and I couldn't be happier with the selections. Thank you so much for hosting as my first time ever trading seeds you made it a smashing success for me.
    LOL about the cats, well that explains why every cat in our house has taken up an interest in gardening since the package arrived.

• Desirai
    10 years ago

I haven't gotten mine yet, *anticipation*

• clay_lady
    10 years ago

Stacy, Thank you for the wonderful swap. I can't wait to get them in the ground and watch them grow and grow. You're the best!

• billingsdj
    10 years ago

Has everyone else gotten theirs? I'm beginning to think the mailman misplaced mine :(

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It does seem to be taking a while for some of you to be getting them.

• Desirai
    9 years ago

I have not received my seeds yet

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Desirai, I put the address label on the package that you gave me. I also put the return address as the same, to be sure they went to the right destination. Anyone else not get their seeds, yet?

• billingsdj
    9 years ago

mine still haven't made it

• Desirai
    9 years ago

Mine still haven't come :(

Sad!!!

• stardrifting
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OK, I just remembered I have the tracking info on the PO receipt. For those that haven't received their packages, please tell me what city and state you live in and we can track them.

• billingsdj
    9 years ago

Westerville, OH