Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Photo 13)

Posted by budsnblooms z6KY (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 14, 09 at 20:33

Oceans 11

Oceans 11

Rather than hunt the old thread for our photo's up, I thought I would just start a new photo site for the Traveling Daylilies.
Debbie/budsnblooms

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Photo 13)

That is gorgeous! Melinda

o

New pictures of Gunner:

Photobucket

o

Ohhhh, somebody started a new picture thread. I just had to come look ... and LOOK there is a picture of that cutie Gunner! I just love his name. Debbie, can you fit any more toys on his table? LOL
sharon

o

How CUTE!!
My goodness Debbie, Gunner looks SO much like your son!!

What a cutie pie. I'll be he's the apple of Grandma's eye!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o
RE: exciting news

It's so great to have good luck for a change!

Long story short, in my sadness of having to leave my greenhouse behind when we move, I decided to post an ad on Craigslist looking for an "old, glass greenhouse". This was a few months ago.
Well, lo and behold, I get an email from a gentleman in Pittsburgh that is dismantling a BIG glass greenhouse and asks if i'm interested. I told him "yes", and he proceeded to send me these pictures...........

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He said the 26 foot long glass greenhouse would include 2- 26 foot long benches, a cooling system, misting system, computerized thermostats, power vents, shade cloth, and a bunch of other extra's.
Well, it looks and sounds good, but i'm assuming not in my price range. I was hoping to find something free or really, really cheap.

That greenhouse there would probably cost about 15,000 with all the bells and whistles that it comes with. I figured he'd be asking for about 1/2 that.

When I heard back from him, he told me I could have everything for...................................................................... ...................................................................... ............

$800!!!!!!

Of course, I thought he forgot a zero. There is no way! But, he said he wanted to see it go to a good home and $800 was all he wanted for it.

Does that sound like a deal or what???

My DH is picking it up right this moment and i'm so excited. He's really sweet to buy and pick it up for me, especially since he's out of work but very busy at the new house.

I doubt that we will reconstruct it until next year, but i'm just so excited to know that I will have a greenhouse again for a fraction of the cost of a new one. We will build a new foundation for it and I hope to cover it in stone like my cute little greenhouse I have now.

I had to come share the news with you guys. I knew you would appreciate it. :)

I know it's been such a long time since i've posted pictures of my sweet boy.
Here he is "dancing" at the new house - he LOVES it over there.......

Photobucket

This one was taken on Super Bowl Sunday morning....we went for a pre-game walk in our new woods....

Photobucket

He kept peeking in the pizza box every time he walked past it, lol!

Photobucket

Hard to believe it's almost time for birthday #2.

And he is such a smarty pants. He sings his ABC's, counts to 30, knows all his colors and shapes, and loves to sing and dance.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

Aww, Dawn ~ NOW we will!!!

I got tears in my eyes over that photo of Talon dancing in the new house!
Gunner is one adorable bouncing boy, but that little genius Talon, now...
What a fabulous greenhouse ~ you sure DID get lucky ~ hooray!

[insert mental image of Marea happy dancing with one hand in air with imaginary bird hat on around her pot ghetto]

~ View of part of my dance floor yesterday morning ~

Debbie, your Oceans Eleven is so VIVID - thank you again for sharing it with me - I'm now wildly anticipating seeing mine bloom this year.
And thank you for the new photo post, I couldn't find the old one easy, either.

But I wanted to talk about snakes! I don't keep any, just my kitties & plants, but have a deep appreciation for them. Adult snakes are very awake & aware & telepathic with humans - I KNOW why people love them as pets. I could tell you some amazing stories about my experiences with them...

Melinda & Shirley, I'm so glad you were both touched by the gesture of the flowers we pitched in to send you. You are both very special women. Just remember you have a fan club!

Jean, you MUST just transport that perfect Paradise of a yard here to Southern Oregon where 31 degrees is unusual & I can take pointers from you! I realize I didn't post any special wants for the swap, but I've blathered so much about myself over the years, I'm thinking you know my likes & dislikes pretty well by now?

Happy Dawn greenhouse & Talon photo day to all, Marea

o

Dawn, Talon is so handsome. Thank you for sharing him with us. I love the pic of him in the woods and the one with his chicken hood on too. lol That greenhouse is so huge. Just think what you can grow in it! Wow!
Debbie, Gunner is adorable too. What a little cutie ;-). Your Oceans 11 is pretty. I love the yellow ones.
Marea, gosh, look at all the healthy plants! The rabbits are pruning mine for me again but they'll have time to grow new foliage and bloom.

Nancy

o

Sorry everyone, Photobucket just notified me that I had used more bandwith to store my photo's than is allowed but this is done on a monthly basis so they will return the photo's to the screen 3/26/09 when you are allowed more bandwith.

I don't understand it either except it is probably to get me to buy the premium package at $40.00 a month. Which I am not going to do. I may just have to remove some of the graphics I was using.
Debbie

o

Debbie, with the free Photobucket you can store up to 5 GB's of bandwidth, or pay 40.00 a year for the 10 Gb Pro. (I pay it so I don't have to see any ads when I'm working on photos & they deduct 9 bucks every 3 months out of my PayPal)
Just delete old photos every few months to stop that limiting stuff, but now you know that already...

o

h my gosh... I GOT IT!
I KEPT PUTING MAMABIRDS INSTEAD OF MAMABIRDGLORIA!!!!! CAUSE I HAD DAWNS NAME ON MY LIPS.... DAWN, SWEETY, SEND ME THAT GREENHOUSE..... LORD IT MUST MINE.....
I LOVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD IT!
iTS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
I MEAN BEAUTIFUL..................

DEBBIE. ITS OUT THE DOOR..
MAREA... I GOT IN...

WHOS MY PARTNER....????? I HAVE THE STUFF.... HURRY! SMILES
WHOEVER IS SENDING TO ME.... I WANT A GLASS GREEN HOUSE!!
HUGS TO ALL.......XOXOX

o

Waving to Mamabear :)

Oh Dawn,how wonderfull for you hun.A greenhouse,to cool.
I'm so jealous...hehehe Always wanted a greenhouse.
And Talon,OH just look at him.What a cutie!!!

And then there is Gunner..I just want to kiss the both
of them all over...hehe

Marea..all kidding a side.I have been trying to get my hubby to move for years..Dont think it will be happening any time soon.Sigh..hehe..But it was in the 50's today.

Thank you Dawn and all for the pictures

Hugs all,Jean

o

This is Tiara and baby. Tiara was born 2 years ago and had that marking on her head. We had a "name that calf" game and Marea won with the name Tiara. Now Tiara is a mommy. We have about 30 calves with about 20 more to go.

o

Absolutely adorable pic of mom and calf!! I can see why she was named Tiara! Melinda

o

Thank you, Debbie! Looks like "my" beautiful fuzzy brown cow is a great mommy & that big baby is gonna thrive. [happy dancing with imaginary tiara on my head...]

o

Oh Debbie, what a wonderful magical life you must have, all that life in the spring. It must make your heart sing to have have all that new life. So nice to see that the calf made it.

o

Debbie - how big is your herd??? Are all your cows named? - very cool!

Ellen

o

My Spring Swap box from Jean/dirtpig arrived stuffed FULL of goodies!!

She sent me a very cool hanging garden container, red Begonias to plant in it, Legend (glowing white & yellow) & Stargazer oriental lilies,
some Liatris "Blazing Star" bulbs that I've been really wanting to try, wax potpourris in "fresh cut roses" & "berry crumble" fragrances (YUM!!),
a pin wheel for my inner child & to keep the birds away from my raspberries, a whimsical snail to nestle in with my Hostas & a beautiful birds
of all colors sitting on a wire card.
Thank you very much for everything & I'm very glad you sent me some Stargazers, Jean, as I didn't have any!

Wishing you all boxes that are even half as nice, since you will be VERY lucky, Marea

o

Sorry I'm so quiet ~ been working 10 hours a day at the rat race, including eBay, which is being very good to me.
Feels like I'm inside the silver lining at last! Including a link to see a bunch of my plants this week.

Dear Sharon ~ 3 seedlings? Out of ALL those seeds?
All it takes is one, though. I guess you're right...
I'm very much looking forward to seeing the Ashwood Blue Highway crosses that I got from you, 4 sdlgs from that batch of sds, bloom this year!!!
Here's hoping that your crown work is finished & you can chew right and that your car pool buddy lets up to just 15 minutes early ! *grin*

Nancy, I did buy a delivery confirmation for your box, in case we need it. You will probably be SO disappointed
with my puny but heavy box, lower your expectations please? It IS a nice card... ((kiss on cheek))

Here is a link that might be useful: Current Auction Snapshots

o

This best product the farm has produced:

He got his first taste of leaves and dirt (almost) today. He swung in his baby swing outside and watched one of the calves get an ear tag in (like piercing ears).

Isn't the John Deere cap cute. Now we just got to get him some bibs and work boots and he'll be ready for farm life.
Thanks for sharing my GB with me. If you get tired of pictures of him, I can do more of the calves or last years flowers.

Marea...I am very happy to see that ebay is picking up for you. You have enough plants to keep you and Herb busy listing them on ebay for a long time. I have lots of extra fans of older daylilies if you want to list and sell them, I'll let you have them just for postage.

I hope everyone is well and happy.

Debbie

o

Debbie, He is just so Huggable! Great picture.

o

Debbie- those pics are completely adorable! Just makes you want to love all over him! He looks so huggable and kissable! And no, I never tire of pics of him! Or any other pics people put up!

o

OMG...isn't he SO CUTE!!!
Love the pictures.Those are
one you frame!So cute and yes
Kissable.
Never tire of the pictures..hehe

Marea glad you like your box :)
Everyone needs to have stargazers!!
So beautifull and easy to grow and the
smell,Oh its heaven:)

Hugs all,Jean

Photobucket

o

Debbie, your GS is adorable. I love the pics in the daffs. He looks ready for picking and bringing in the house.
Jean, love your gardens, they're gorgeous and make me jealous!

o

There have been some questions about how many cows we have. We usually keep between 50-60 mother cows, 3 bulls, and between 45-50 calves. It's not a very big heard as those things go, but plenty to have to bale hay, feed, and haul water to when we are in drought, which in recent years is several months each year.

Thanks for enjoying my photos.
Debbie

o

Debbie, I DO love just seeing photos of your cattle! I really love cows & am a farmer at heart. Had one named Beauty as a pet when I was in my 20's that was a real character. She was 1/2 Angus & 1/2 Jersey & she would always carefully escape the fencing & come to the back door & moo when she wanted to be milked LOL...
But that precious Gunner IS the cream of the crop! That grin in the daffodils is a just outstanding photo ~ wtg Grandma! More pictures of him, too, please.

Contest Announcement Everyone !!

Best name for this daylily wins a surprise award!

Seedling from Victorian Lace x Blackthorne. Was calling it "Tie Dye Lace" but that just isn't "IT"...

o

I received a great box of goodies from Carol earlier this week. I got a large bag of canna's, a garden plaque, a "Spanaway" ornament, couple of St. Patrick's day pins, a little book of friendship quotes, garden markers, a giant cookie, and a giant lollypop. My dog liked the smell of that cookie...

Photobucket

Thank you Carol. Honestly, I do not sell the cards... I just make them and trade or give them away. You are welcome to more whenever you need them :).

o

Debbie-That is the most precious picture of Gunner ever. Makes me want to get ahold of him. My Dad always raised cattle, he enjoyed them so.

Marea-Upon first seeing your beautiful daylily I thought of sunrays...Let's see I would name it Laced Sunray.

Shirley

o
RE: UPDATE: Daylilies (Photo 13)

Daffodils Lemon Beauty
Lemon Beauty

Bradford Pear Trees
Bradford Pear Trees

My beautiful roses from the group
Roses from Traveling Daylilies Group

Shirley

o

I am not IN this group yet but hope to join soon, Marea I think the daylily should be named "Summer Sun"

Kamil

o

What about "Sun-kissed lace"?

o

• Posted by drgulley Zone 8 Central Texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 28, 09 at 18:51

Nice pictures everyone. Marea, I was looking at your daylily picture and it looks like it is diamond dusted. I came up with Cream Lace Sparkles. Maybe too wordy but I just threw it out there anyway! LOL...

Dianne

o

Shirley, your pictures are beautiful. The Bradford Pears are a sight to see, but I do dislike them in the suburbs because they lose their leaves sooooo late.

Marea,
I find that the red eye 'glows' sooo Glowing Lace ... or Flowing Lace ... Flowing through Space ... Glowing Red Ring ... Pink Space. Too many guesses ... I could go on. LOL

Flowing Gesture
Smooth Pink
Soothing Lace

Enough all ready ... I'm so tired, don't laugh ... I'm off to bed and its only 7:30pm. I was up at 3:30 am this morning and will do the same tomorrow morning. Hubby is out at a Hunting Club dinner. He doesn't even hunt. He will be eating wild game ... hummm, I bet he gets an upset tummy. He is supposed to pick up a small stuffed animal for the cottage if it doesn't cost too much. I'm trying to have a 'hunting lodge' theme for the cottage.
Nighty, night all,
sharon zzzzzzzzzzzz

o

OMG that daylily is gorgeous!!Names...mmmmm...Sunshine Surprise,Kiss of Fire.

Paul,nice box of goodies :)

Shirley,love the pictures.Daffodils are so pretty,and the pear trees.Another month here for spring flowers,sigh..hehe

NOW for the real reason for me here this morning.
I got my box form Nancy :)

march swap

As you can see she sent,
Bamboo wind Chime
Bag of Oriental lilies (love lilies)
Bag of Reve d' Amour gladiolus(will share with my SIL)
Canvas tote bag,so cute
One beautifull card with Marigolds on it.You know
I love marigolds.My Dad always had yellow marigolds in
his gardens.So you really touched my heart :) thank you
so much.

Happy Weekend all
Jean

o
RE: UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies and Names(Photo 13)

One more name...Sun blush...hehe

o

Great names everyone! I love that Kiss idea! Keep 'em coming!
I knew I could count on y'all for good ideas... Yes, it is diamond dusted, Dianne. I got very lucky.

Sharon, you poet, I'm thinking "flowing through space" would be a better name for me...lol! Glowing Lace I like alot, however.
How luxurious to get to bed at 7:30! Hope you found your eyeliner Friday! Wish I could come get makeup lessons.
I've never worn it & am sure starting to NEED some..

Thank you for the beautiful photos, Shirley!
You live on one gorgeous piece of land!! I'm a mountain view freak, so it looks like perfect paradise to me. Love those pear trees, too.
I'm so happy that bouquet of roses turned out to be so LOVELY!!

What a wonderful box you got, Jean! The Conway, Arkansas tote is way cool.
Be sure to show us those sentimental yellow marigolds this Summer *grin*

o

Sharon-The only problem I have with them is they are very brittle. They grow so fast they are not sturdy like Oaks. Winds can break them up good. The best solution we have found is keep them topped. The shorter the better.
This one here is over 30 years old, we planted it before we built the house. We received severe winds from a hurricane a few years ago and it broke it up pretty bad but I wouldn't let Eddie cut it down. He trimmed it as best he could and as you see here it filled back in.

Largest Bradford Pear Tree

Shirley

o

Gosh, it is wonderful to see all the pics! Beautiful! I have been gone a few days and am back! I have missed out on some good things!
I am going to say Sunkissed Taffy on the daylily! Looks like the taffy mom and I used to make with the pink, cream, and tan on it!
Keep the pics coming, love them! Melinda

o

Shirley your home site is beautiful.

I am going to suggest "Pinked Splash" for the daylily.

Miriam

o

Paul glad you liked your box my boss hand paints the garden plaques. Both Talon and Gunner are quite handsome. Dawn is it not time for a girl ?Daylily name princess lace or pink princess. Paul don't let the dog Eat the cooKie it is a snickerdoodle and quite tasty. I am on my 16th loaf of friendship bread it gets away from you. we had an inch of snow yesterday. I am so ready for spring bulbs are all up and confused by snow. I too want Dawns greenhouse, still don't have plastic on mine. hugs to all caROL

o

Another guess! Dusted Taffy or Sun kissed cinnamon due to the brownish edge! Melinda

o

The 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk for Susan Komen Cancer Institute is held this month. "B.C. Beauty" As a daughter of a breast cancer survivor and on the behalf of all those who have been affected by this disease, I believe this lily has the colors that that signifies the atributes of those who have been through the journey of transition--royalty, strength, light, and inspiration (the lace of the up and downs)--a rainbow of life. The journey of cancer that embraces the phrase 'relay of life'.
Thank you for the opportunity for the participation--blessings! A beauty of it's own kind! Great names everybody who participated. GW:Dancinqueen/pam

o

yipee i got a box....
m and m s.. who told?
two daylily fans named........
and a sweet angel/fairy garden ordament!
husband opened it as he thought it was a returned box to us.. slap slap...
thanks so very much!!!!!!!!!!!
on the pic from dirtpig i have an 8x10 of that same angel...
how did i get that,,,
debbie.. im loving all your babies.... human and otherwise..

Is anyone here use the garden earthbox?

order not in yet, debbie... keep holding on!
my yard is blooming of all the blessings from years past! Its awesome! i love spring! love love love

o

How about sunkissed temptation or cinnamon beauty?

o

Mamabear,that picture(one you have) is from the photo contest we had many years ago..hehe..It took 2nd place.

WHAAAAA!!!! Its snowing still...4 inches yesterday and more today.This is not funny anymore :(

Nancy the windchime survived its first snow storm :)

Hope everyone less is enjoying the sun today.

Jean

o

Jean, I sure wish your Spring would hurry and catch up already!! But I remember Minneapolis: Spring was like the middle of April...

Joy, no wonder you've been so busy - that sounds like MORE than a houseful you've had this Winter! Was happy to here from you & hope you get more time to play with us soon.

GREAT daylily names, everybody!
Wow, B.C.Beauty IS a beautiful concept! Thank you, dancingqueen/Pam!

Yours are going on the list too, Melinda, although the flower is actually strawberry eyed & edged, rather than the cinnamon it must appear on some monitors... Sunkissed Temptation is tempting... Going to hard to pick just one name out of those cool ideas! All are much better than seedling 12-06 or TieDye....LOL

Dianne, Gloria has been wanting that particular Angel ever since she saw it in Jean's photo - you did good! Emailing you in the morning about our trade.

Happy Thursday everybody, Marea

o

Photo's of Gulf Shores, AL.

This was at a park near the condo where we were staying.

This is my son, DIL, and Gunner

On the beach.

o

Oh Debbie! I has no idea that the Gulf of Mexico was all white sand beaches and big grins, neither did Gunner, obviously!
What a portrait of deep thought! He's just a treasure!!
Looks like y'all had a blast ~ so happy for you!

Here's where I was, wondering about your pre-vacation ~

Hey, Carol, a white elephant is a GREAT Swap idea! Let's DO that!!
C'mon, everyone, let's gather up some ideas for a fun swap including white elephant plants/gifts/objects!!

~marea

o

Wonderful pics of the sand and Gunner of course!! I love to see them all! Marea-wow-look at all those pots!! And the clouds make your pic look so cool!
Keep them coming! Melinda

o

Are we still doing names for the daylily? I have strawberry temptress or sunkissed princess. I could go on and on but some would be too silly, probably!! Melinda

o

My suggestion for Marea's daylily is:
Lipstick Lace and Diamonds

o

Daylily name..Diamond kissed

Whoa!! I got a flower here in the north land.

First flower of spring 4 6 09

Sorry couldn't help myself..hehe
We still have snow on the ground in places.
Was out cleaning the gardens up by the house anyways.
All kinds of things are up and growning.
Can say that I'm kicking myself for planting
a few things way back when.You know like that wonderfull
stuff like physostegia(obedient plant,who ever nicknamed that plant that had a sick sence of humor)I have most if
gone,but still have it a spot or two in the gardens.Might be down to one,after today thou.And then theres poleminium
(jacob's ladder).Love thoses baby blue flowers in the spring.But wow can those things turn up everywhere.:(
Its was just so good to be outside get dirty:)

Hugs alway around,Jean

o

Jean, I'm glad you liked your package and that the windchime made it thru it's first snow and hopefully will for many more.
It's supposed to be down to 23 tonight, ugh! It's been so pretty and warm but it's supposed to go up to about 60 tomorrow. Did Gunner like the sand and ocean? He seems to be contemplating the idea and not decided yet. lol
Carol, the white elephant is a great idea. I don't think I'll be able to join this time but maybe for the next one.
Shirley, I also love your Bradford Pears and your pretty hills.
Paul, did your doggie end up with the sucker/cookie? They are really good, I don't blame him for wanting it.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Nancy

o

Disneyland 2009 (for Allison's 15th birthday)

Photobucket

as a comparison, Disneyland 1997

Photobucket

They grow way too fast :(. Allison was 3, Thomas was 1, and Shirley was... nevermind.

Disney's California Adventure 2009

Photobucket

o

Thank you, Paul. I went to Disneyland in 1962 & have maybe 3 snapshots in my mind. Of course, none of it is the same 47 years later [holy kalumba!! - but I see time has flown for you, too - just not as far.] & I loved seeing these views. Is that Wolf Mountain in the background of the bottom photo?
And I loved seeing your family. I wish I could over for dinner (I'd bring it if you'd like)) ~ your family looks like so much fun!

I have a daylily scape!!! Fox Grape is front row & center.

I'd LOVE IT if everybody would join me in a daylily Round Robin for May!!
Get your WISH LISTS polished (have list not required) & let's rock & roll, TD's! Guess I should post a sign up sheet on our regular thread ~ so follow me over?
Marea

o

I love your pics Paul! It is nice to see the changes in family! And nice to see people's families. I bet your dgt. loved her birthday! Nice that you could do that! One place I haven't been!
Great pics! Melinda

o

Shirley says Thomas was only about 6 months in that photo.

Marea, that's a grizzly bear... California's symbol. We're in the Bug's Life section of the park. You and Herb should come down sometime.

Melinda, we usually give the kids a choice of a party or going someplace for their birthday. Allison chose Disneyland this year. She also got an I-Pod Touch... sheesh... $300 birthday present. Pretty crazy.

o

Paul, I'm sure this will come as no surprise, but you have a beautiful family and it looks like very loving children. I love the family pictures that you share with us.

Melinda, I would love to see some of your pictures, I've never been to Arkansas. Show us some photo's of where you live, your garden, your family (if they'll let you). If you don't know how to do the pictures...email me and I'll teach you how.

How about the rest of you? Will you share your lives in photo's with us? I would like to turn all of you into photographers, who would take pictures of your town, farm, city or where ever your corner of the world happens to be.

Here's a photo of a rainbow that was over my house this week. It was the biggest, most extraordinary one I have ever seen. The bands were so distinguishable and the colors were so recognizable, It's beauty was enough to bring tears.

o

WOW, Debbie! Thank you very much for sharing that extraordinary rainbow moment!
Here are thumbnail photos of flowers from my garden yesterday ~

Texas Flame tulips ~ I got THREE this year!!

First Iris ~ fragrant dwarf from a sidewalk

Sugar & Spice Tiarella from Cody

o

Debbie-that rainbow is breathtaking ! And I love those tulips and tiarella, Marea! I do take alot of pics but don't know how to post them! My sister tried to show me, but I was so confused!
So, Debbie, anytime you have time just let me know! I am always home but last week not on much due to bloodclots in my leg again. Just now getting about some and trying to get caught up in the yard! But that never happens!
Have a great day everyone! Melinda

o

Blootclots in your leg? Ouch! Do you get them often? Aren't your doctors concerned?

I'll email you instructions how to do pictures.

Wow Marea those are beautiful photo's. BTW... Have you heard from Kamil? I haven't. I'll try to email him and see if there has been a miscommunication. Maybe he's waiting on me to email him and I've been thinking he is to contact me.

YooHoo Kamil...are you out there (looking up waiving both hands in the air)? Let us hear from you please.

Debbie

o

Yes, this is the second time in just a little over a year! I am usually on bedrest for a week and then gradual increase of activity! I am on antiplatelet meds and anticoagulants! But always such a drag! I only got up to go to the BR and sometimes to sneak a peak to see if my turn to post on the boxes!And it was beautiful, sunny 80 degree days! I have been able to be outside a little since Friday and gradually increasing it! I do know that if I had insurance I am sure I would be in hospital, but just the meds and tests alone each time are more than I can afford! I am definitely trying to lose some weight and take better care of myself! They are not fun and hurt terribly bad!
I noticed on another swap that Kamil had signed up for and no one has heard from him or gotten his seeds sent in yet. He hasn't answered the emails. Maybe his computer crashed and he can't get to another one. Hope nothing bad happened to him!
I would love the info on how to post pics! Just no hurry, whenever you have time! Melinda

o

Yes, hurry... I wanna see Melinda's photos :).

Go to photobucket.com and sign up for a free account.
Upload photos.
Right click and copy the "HTML Code" link (starts with 'less than symbol' a href)
Paste into the message.

Easy peasy. Paul

o

The pictures are all beautiful. Paul, your kids have grown a bunch since I've last seen them. The girls are very pretty and your son is a cutie.

o

Paul I am going to Disney World in Orlando, Fl this November. Dawson will be 5 next month and he has never been. I would not miss seeing his face for anything. Love the picture of your family. It is wonderful that you spend quality time with your family.

Debbie-That rainbow is outstanding...wow what a picture. You were definetely at the right place at the right time.

Melinda-You take care of yourself, bloodclots are so scary.
Looking forward to the pictures of your family, home and gardens.

Marea-I really like the Tiarella. Mine are blooming now and you can let them become another obession. I do that with all plants though. When I see them bloom I want them all.

Shirley

o

Thanks Shirley and everyone for the compliments about the rainbow picture.

I'm been messing around with Satellite photography and found that I could get this shot of our farm from a satellite...I have been over some of your houses too, if you would like a photo of your house like this, let me know. If you have a PO Box I can only get a picture of your town about where your Post Office probably is...unless you want to send me your physical address and I will send you a picture of your house.

I'll be back shortly to download a close up of the farm with things labeled (hopefully)

Debbie

o

IMG]http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/ilovefarac/yardpics017.jpg[/IMG]
I hope this pic shows! It is one of my irises in bloom!
Melinda

o
RE: UPDATE: Still Trying!)

[IMG]http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/ilovefarac/yardpics017.jpg[/IMG]
Maybe this one works. It is a picture of my multi-blue clematis blooming. Melinda

o

Melinda,
You're copying and pasting the wrong link. Get the one in the "HTML Code" box.

o

Oooh, that's a beauty, Melinda! Pink & cream & gold with an orange beard? YUM! Name??

o

No Marea, I don't know the name! I am hoping some of you can help me with the names of the iris! All my tags are gone and I just starting using the metal markers a couple months ago! So anyone that might know the name plmk! Melinda
Thanks Paul! I will keep trying!

o

://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/ilovefarac/?action=view¤t=yardpics009.jpg" target="_blank">Iris

Here is another try at an iris blooming! Any one know the name please let me know! Melinda

o
RE: UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Photo 13)Yeah!

I did it!! Yeah! Now how do I get that writing off of it! Melinda

o
RE: UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Photo 13)Another one!

Ok, here is the Multi-Blue clematis.
a href="http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/ilovefarac/?action=viewt=yardpics023.jpg" target="_blank">Multi-Blue clematis

o

The President clematis

Here is another one of my clematis. The President
Melinda

o

Yay... you're doing it Melinda. Your irises are beautiful (no idea on the ID), and that multi-blue clematis is outstanding!

Debbie, that rainbow show is awesome. I saved it as my desktop :).

o

Another photographer is born. Congratulations Melinda, I knew you could do it.

I LOVE The President Clematis. Wow

Debbie

o

://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/ilovefarac/?action=view¤t=yardpics001.jpg" target="_blank">my rock garden
Here's another pic of part of one of my beds! Melinda

o

Melinda, all your pics are pretty but I love the president the best too. Congratulations on learning a new trick! Now if I can just get mine to copy. I've been doing it for years and now it just is weird.

Please can someone help me? When I try to right click on my Photobucket pictures the blue box comes up but when I try to right click I get another box with everything grayed out except it's like I'm blocked from my own pictures.

You can skip over some of them and no comments on the photography please.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: my photobucket

o

Hi Nancy. Nice photo album. Here's what happens when I go to it.

When I hover over a photo, a blue box appears with four links. I mouse over to "HTML Code" box and click on it (left click). This has copied the link. Now I come here and paste the link into the message.

Photobucket

There you go :).

o

Nancy, I love your photo album! And all the pics! Nice! I haven't figured out alot of stuff yet, but trying and am very pleased with myself!! Melinda

o

Photobucket
I had no problem copying your photo of this gorgeous Iris, Shirley...
blue box, right click on the HTML code & copy then pasted here.

Melinda, I don't know what your Iris are, either. MAYBE the dark pink one is Color Tart?
Your whole yard is so LUSH & so beautiful!!

o

Thank you Paul and Marea.

Melinda, I love your bed with the iris and are those Tiarellas? The lower plants with the downward blooms. They are gorgeous!

o

Thanks Nancy! The bed is full of many things. Can't even see them all. But the purple and white and pink things are columbines. Also some wild columbine you can hardly see behind the iris. Geraniums below, dwarf rose to the right in the pic. Not blooming yet.
And weeds! LOl! Melinda

o
RE: UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Photo 13)another pic!

flowers in shade garden
Here is another one from a shade garden.

o

Beautiful pictures Nancy and Melinda.

Here's the first blooms on one of my named Iris.

I got this from Shirley last year. I didn't spray the iris, it has been showering on and off all day. The Mt. Cook's A' Dawning will also be blooming before long.

TBI Cranapple

o

I think this is one that Joann gave me but I'm not sure. Aren't the ones without any ruffles usually historic? I know I have another gold one that is. It's getting ready to bloom in a few days.
Photobucket

o
RE: UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Photo 13)1

Debbie, I forgot to tell you how beautiful yours is. I had the names to a lot of mine but the tags faded. Anita sent me a bunch and Shirley also sent some. I hate that the ones Marea sent didn't make it.

Marea can you send me a picture of that one in case one made it. I really hope so.

My white tradescantia virginiana (spiderwort) is blooming and I love it. I have the regular blue, a violet blue and one that looks like a red violet but the last two haven't bloomed yet.

o

Here's some Iris that I don't have names for. If any of you do, I would appreciate knowing.

This has a smaller than normal bloom although the scapes are the height of any TBI.

This is not the true color of this iris. It is a deep rust red and it's scapes/blooms are just over the leaves.Making it much shorter than the TBI..I don't know much about Iris but I know this type must have it's own name...is it a Standard? a Border? any one want to guess what it is?

This is a TBI and in the next picture you can see it's true color on the far right of the photo. I have no idea what this is but since many of my iris came from you, maybe someone will recognize it.

This is a photo of the 3 unknowns above showing a more accurate depiction of their color and height in relation to each other.

Debbie

o

Oh my, Debbie ~ such lush, happy Iris!! The dark purple one could be Cantina... The dark red one would be called an Intermediate/Border Iris I believe, but no guesses on names for it or the lavender.

Nancy, for some reason I can't get over getting granny's and sneed/speed confused while typing online, but was thrilled to finally see some of your photos!!
Here is that Circus World Iris I sent you for Christmas a few years ago ~

Marea

o

...speaking of lush & happy ~ I got my first snow pea flower today!

Isn't it beautiful? *grin*
We've been eating volunteer lettuce from my daylily & canna pots & my 3 tomato plants for this year are starting to flower.
I'm trying Better Bush & Brandywine, and growing my favorite Cherry Sweet Million again.
I will spare you photos of those gorgeous flowers, tho...

And here is today's Low Ho Silver Border Iris

I hope to have a border of these & my little purple Eleanor Roosevelt some day.
~m'

o

Debbie, your Iris are so pretty in a row beside your house. I had mine in a row for years but they were just in front of the pines and they never did bloom so I moved them all over the yard hoping some of them would bloom. My sister-in-law gave me a whole box when we moved here and before I got thru planting I wasn't sure she was still my fav. sis-in-law! I gave a bunch of them away.

Marea, sorry I thought one may have survived but it's burgundy on the bottom so~no deal.

o

Debbie, look up photos of Red Zinger iris, that may be your little red one...

Here is a photo of my first Tall Iris of the year ~ In His Stripes.
Fragrant, smokey lavender & red purple, striped white shoulders with 11 buds ~ I'm in love!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here