Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
budsnblooms

UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Photo 13)

budsnblooms
15 years ago

Oceans 11

Rather than hunt the old thread for our photo's up, I thought I would just start a new photo site for the Traveling Daylilies.

Debbie/budsnblooms

Comments (92)

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

How about sunkissed temptation or cinnamon beauty?

• dirtpig
    15 years ago

Mamabear,that picture(one you have) is from the photo contest we had many years ago..hehe..It took 2nd place.

WHAAAAA!!!! Its snowing still...4 inches yesterday and more today.This is not funny anymore :(

Nancy the windchime survived its first snow storm :)

Hope everyone less is enjoying the sun today.

Jean

• mareas
    15 years ago

Jean, I sure wish your Spring would hurry and catch up already!! But I remember Minneapolis: Spring was like the middle of April...

Joy, no wonder you've been so busy - that sounds like MORE than a houseful you've had this Winter! Was happy to here from you & hope you get more time to play with us soon.

GREAT daylily names, everybody!
    Wow, B.C.Beauty IS a beautiful concept! Thank you, dancingqueen/Pam!

Yours are going on the list too, Melinda, although the flower is actually strawberry eyed & edged, rather than the cinnamon it must appear on some monitors... Sunkissed Temptation is tempting... Going to hard to pick just one name out of those cool ideas! All are much better than seedling 12-06 or TieDye....LOL

Dianne, Gloria has been wanting that particular Angel ever since she saw it in Jean's photo - you did good! Emailing you in the morning about our trade.

Happy Thursday everybody, Marea

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Photo's of Gulf Shores, AL.

This was at a park near the condo where we were staying.

This is my son, DIL, and Gunner

On the beach.

• mareas
    15 years ago

Oh Debbie! I has no idea that the Gulf of Mexico was all white sand beaches and big grins, neither did Gunner, obviously!
    What a portrait of deep thought! He's just a treasure!!
    Looks like y'all had a blast ~ so happy for you!

Here's where I was, wondering about your pre-vacation ~

Hey, Carol, a white elephant is a GREAT Swap idea! Let's DO that!!
    C'mon, everyone, let's gather up some ideas for a fun swap including white elephant plants/gifts/objects!!

~marea

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Wonderful pics of the sand and Gunner of course!! I love to see them all! Marea-wow-look at all those pots!! And the clouds make your pic look so cool!
    Keep them coming! Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Are we still doing names for the daylily? I have strawberry temptress or sunkissed princess. I could go on and on but some would be too silly, probably!! Melinda

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My suggestion for Marea's daylily is:
    Lipstick Lace and Diamonds

• dirtpig
    15 years ago

Daylily name..Diamond kissed

Whoa!! I got a flower here in the north land.

{{gwi:1259268}}

Sorry couldn't help myself..hehe
    We still have snow on the ground in places.
    Was out cleaning the gardens up by the house anyways.
    All kinds of things are up and growning.
    Can say that I'm kicking myself for planting
    a few things way back when.You know like that wonderfull
    stuff like physostegia(obedient plant,who ever nicknamed that plant that had a sick sence of humor)I have most if
    gone,but still have it a spot or two in the gardens.Might be down to one,after today thou.And then theres poleminium
    (jacob's ladder).Love thoses baby blue flowers in the spring.But wow can those things turn up everywhere.:(
    Its was just so good to be outside get dirty:)

Hugs alway around,Jean

• jaceysgranny
    15 years ago

Jean, I'm glad you liked your package and that the windchime made it thru it's first snow and hopefully will for many more.
    It's supposed to be down to 23 tonight, ugh! It's been so pretty and warm but it's supposed to go up to about 60 tomorrow. Did Gunner like the sand and ocean? He seems to be contemplating the idea and not decided yet. lol
    Carol, the white elephant is a great idea. I don't think I'll be able to join this time but maybe for the next one.
    Shirley, I also love your Bradford Pears and your pretty hills.
    Paul, did your doggie end up with the sucker/cookie? They are really good, I don't blame him for wanting it.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Nancy

• pchanggeo
    15 years ago

Disneyland 2009 (for Allison's 15th birthday)

{{gwi:1259270}}

as a comparison, Disneyland 1997

{{gwi:1259272}}

They grow way too fast :(. Allison was 3, Thomas was 1, and Shirley was... nevermind.

Disney's California Adventure 2009

{{gwi:1259274}}

• mareas
    15 years ago

Thank you, Paul. I went to Disneyland in 1962 & have maybe 3 snapshots in my mind. Of course, none of it is the same 47 years later [holy kalumba!! - but I see time has flown for you, too - just not as far.] & I loved seeing these views. Is that Wolf Mountain in the background of the bottom photo?
    And I loved seeing your family. I wish I could over for dinner (I'd bring it if you'd like)) ~ your family looks like so much fun!

I have a daylily scape!!! Fox Grape is front row & center.

I'd LOVE IT if everybody would join me in a daylily Round Robin for May!!
    Get your WISH LISTS polished (have list not required) & let's rock & roll, TD's! Guess I should post a sign up sheet on our regular thread ~ so follow me over?
    Marea

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

I love your pics Paul! It is nice to see the changes in family! And nice to see people's families. I bet your dgt. loved her birthday! Nice that you could do that! One place I haven't been!
    Great pics! Melinda

• pchanggeo
    15 years ago

Shirley says Thomas was only about 6 months in that photo.

Marea, that's a grizzly bear... California's symbol. We're in the Bug's Life section of the park. You and Herb should come down sometime.

Melinda, we usually give the kids a choice of a party or going someplace for their birthday. Allison chose Disneyland this year. She also got an I-Pod Touch... sheesh... $300 birthday present. Pretty crazy.

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Paul, I'm sure this will come as no surprise, but you have a beautiful family and it looks like very loving children. I love the family pictures that you share with us.

Melinda, I would love to see some of your pictures, I've never been to Arkansas. Show us some photo's of where you live, your garden, your family (if they'll let you). If you don't know how to do the pictures...email me and I'll teach you how.

How about the rest of you? Will you share your lives in photo's with us? I would like to turn all of you into photographers, who would take pictures of your town, farm, city or where ever your corner of the world happens to be.

Here's a photo of a rainbow that was over my house this week. It was the biggest, most extraordinary one I have ever seen. The bands were so distinguishable and the colors were so recognizable, It's beauty was enough to bring tears.

• mareas
    14 years ago

WOW, Debbie! Thank you very much for sharing that extraordinary rainbow moment!
    Here are thumbnail photos of flowers from my garden yesterday ~

{{gwi:1259277}}Texas Flame tulips ~ I got THREE this year!!

{{gwi:1259278}}First Iris ~ fragrant dwarf from a sidewalk

{{gwi:1259279}}Sugar & Spice Tiarella from Cody

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Debbie-that rainbow is breathtaking ! And I love those tulips and tiarella, Marea! I do take alot of pics but don't know how to post them! My sister tried to show me, but I was so confused!
    So, Debbie, anytime you have time just let me know! I am always home but last week not on much due to bloodclots in my leg again. Just now getting about some and trying to get caught up in the yard! But that never happens!
    Have a great day everyone! Melinda

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Blootclots in your leg? Ouch! Do you get them often? Aren't your doctors concerned?

I'll email you instructions how to do pictures.

Wow Marea those are beautiful photo's. BTW... Have you heard from Kamil? I haven't. I'll try to email him and see if there has been a miscommunication. Maybe he's waiting on me to email him and I've been thinking he is to contact me.

YooHoo Kamil...are you out there (looking up waiving both hands in the air)? Let us hear from you please.

Debbie

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Yes, this is the second time in just a little over a year! I am usually on bedrest for a week and then gradual increase of activity! I am on antiplatelet meds and anticoagulants! But always such a drag! I only got up to go to the BR and sometimes to sneak a peak to see if my turn to post on the boxes!And it was beautiful, sunny 80 degree days! I have been able to be outside a little since Friday and gradually increasing it! I do know that if I had insurance I am sure I would be in hospital, but just the meds and tests alone each time are more than I can afford! I am definitely trying to lose some weight and take better care of myself! They are not fun and hurt terribly bad!
    I noticed on another swap that Kamil had signed up for and no one has heard from him or gotten his seeds sent in yet. He hasn't answered the emails. Maybe his computer crashed and he can't get to another one. Hope nothing bad happened to him!
    I would love the info on how to post pics! Just no hurry, whenever you have time! Melinda

• pchanggeo
    14 years ago

Yes, hurry... I wanna see Melinda's photos :).

Go to photobucket.com and sign up for a free account.
    Upload photos.
    Right click and copy the "HTML Code" link (starts with 'less than symbol' a href)
    Paste into the message.

Easy peasy. Paul

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

The pictures are all beautiful. Paul, your kids have grown a bunch since I've last seen them. The girls are very pretty and your son is a cutie.

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Paul I am going to Disney World in Orlando, Fl this November. Dawson will be 5 next month and he has never been. I would not miss seeing his face for anything. Love the picture of your family. It is wonderful that you spend quality time with your family.

Debbie-That rainbow is outstanding...wow what a picture. You were definetely at the right place at the right time.

Melinda-You take care of yourself, bloodclots are so scary.
    Looking forward to the pictures of your family, home and gardens.

Marea-I really like the Tiarella. Mine are blooming now and you can let them become another obession. I do that with all plants though. When I see them bloom I want them all.

Shirley

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Shirley and everyone for the compliments about the rainbow picture.

I'm been messing around with Satellite photography and found that I could get this shot of our farm from a satellite...I have been over some of your houses too, if you would like a photo of your house like this, let me know. If you have a PO Box I can only get a picture of your town about where your Post Office probably is...unless you want to send me your physical address and I will send you a picture of your house.

{{gwi:1259280}}

I'll be back shortly to download a close up of the farm with things labeled (hopefully)

Debbie

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

IMG]http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/ilovefarac/yardpics017.jpg[/IMG]
    I hope this pic shows! It is one of my irises in bloom!
    Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

[IMG]http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/ilovefarac/yardpics017.jpg[/IMG]
    Maybe this one works. It is a picture of my multi-blue clematis blooming. Melinda

• pchanggeo
    14 years ago

Melinda,
    You're copying and pasting the wrong link. Get the one in the "HTML Code" box.

• mareas
    14 years ago

Oooh, that's a beauty, Melinda! Pink & cream & gold with an orange beard? YUM! Name??

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

No Marea, I don't know the name! I am hoping some of you can help me with the names of the iris! All my tags are gone and I just starting using the metal markers a couple months ago! So anyone that might know the name plmk! Melinda
    Thanks Paul! I will keep trying!

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/ilovefarac/?action=view&current=yardpics009.jpg"; target="_blank">

Here is another try at an iris blooming! Any one know the name please let me know! Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

I did it!! Yeah! Now how do I get that writing off of it! Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Ok, here is the Multi-Blue clematis.
    a href="http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/ilovefarac/?action=view¤t=yardpics023.jpg"; target="_blank">

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Here is another one of my clematis. The President
    Melinda

• pchanggeo
    14 years ago

Yay... you're doing it Melinda. Your irises are beautiful (no idea on the ID), and that multi-blue clematis is outstanding!

Debbie, that rainbow show is awesome. I saved it as my desktop :).

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Another photographer is born. Congratulations Melinda, I knew you could do it.

I LOVE The President Clematis. Wow

Debbie

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/ilovefarac/?action=view&current=yardpics001.jpg"; target="_blank">

Here's another pic of part of one of my beds! Melinda

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Melinda, all your pics are pretty but I love the president the best too. Congratulations on learning a new trick! Now if I can just get mine to copy. I've been doing it for years and now it just is weird.

Please can someone help me? When I try to right click on my Photobucket pictures the blue box comes up but when I try to right click I get another box with everything grayed out except it's like I'm blocked from my own pictures.

You can skip over some of them and no comments on the photography please.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: my photobucket

• pchanggeo
    14 years ago

Hi Nancy. Nice photo album. Here's what happens when I go to it.

When I hover over a photo, a blue box appears with four links. I mouse over to "HTML Code" box and click on it (left click). This has copied the link. Now I come here and paste the link into the message.

There you go :).

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Nancy, I love your photo album! And all the pics! Nice! I haven't figured out alot of stuff yet, but trying and am very pleased with myself!! Melinda

• mareas
    14 years ago

I had no problem copying your photo of this gorgeous Iris, Shirley...
    blue box, right click on the HTML code & copy then pasted here.

Melinda, I don't know what your Iris are, either. MAYBE the dark pink one is Color Tart?
    Your whole yard is so LUSH & so beautiful!!

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Thank you Paul and Marea.

Melinda, I love your bed with the iris and are those Tiarellas? The lower plants with the downward blooms. They are gorgeous!

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Thanks Nancy! The bed is full of many things. Can't even see them all. But the purple and white and pink things are columbines. Also some wild columbine you can hardly see behind the iris. Geraniums below, dwarf rose to the right in the pic. Not blooming yet.
    And weeds! LOl! Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Here is another one from a shade garden.

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Beautiful pictures Nancy and Melinda.

Here's the first blooms on one of my named Iris.

I got this from Shirley last year. I didn't spray the iris, it has been showering on and off all day. The Mt. Cook's A' Dawning will also be blooming before long.

TBI Cranapple
    {{gwi:1259294}}

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

I think this is one that Joann gave me but I'm not sure. Aren't the ones without any ruffles usually historic? I know I have another gold one that is. It's getting ready to bloom in a few days.

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Debbie, I forgot to tell you how beautiful yours is. I had the names to a lot of mine but the tags faded. Anita sent me a bunch and Shirley also sent some. I hate that the ones Marea sent didn't make it.

Marea can you send me a picture of that one in case one made it. I really hope so.

My white tradescantia virginiana (spiderwort) is blooming and I love it. I have the regular blue, a violet blue and one that looks like a red violet but the last two haven't bloomed yet.

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's some Iris that I don't have names for. If any of you do, I would appreciate knowing.

This has a smaller than normal bloom although the scapes are the height of any TBI.
    {{gwi:1259298}}

This is not the true color of this iris. It is a deep rust red and it's scapes/blooms are just over the leaves.Making it much shorter than the TBI..I don't know much about Iris but I know this type must have it's own name...is it a Standard? a Border? any one want to guess what it is?
    {{gwi:1259300}}

This is a TBI and in the next picture you can see it's true color on the far right of the photo. I have no idea what this is but since many of my iris came from you, maybe someone will recognize it.
    {{gwi:1259302}}

This is a photo of the 3 unknowns above showing a more accurate depiction of their color and height in relation to each other.
    {{gwi:1259304}}

Debbie

• mareas
    14 years ago

Oh my, Debbie ~ such lush, happy Iris!! The dark purple one could be Cantina... The dark red one would be called an Intermediate/Border Iris I believe, but no guesses on names for it or the lavender.

Nancy, for some reason I can't get over getting granny's and sneed/speed confused while typing online, but was thrilled to finally see some of your photos!!
    Here is that Circus World Iris I sent you for Christmas a few years ago ~

Marea

• mareas
    14 years ago

...speaking of lush & happy ~ I got my first snow pea flower today!

{{gwi:1259308}}

{{gwi:1259310}}

Isn't it beautiful? *grin*
    We've been eating volunteer lettuce from my daylily & canna pots & my 3 tomato plants for this year are starting to flower.
    I'm trying Better Bush & Brandywine, and growing my favorite Cherry Sweet Million again.
    I will spare you photos of those gorgeous flowers, tho...

And here is today's Low Ho Silver Border Iris

I hope to have a border of these & my little purple Eleanor Roosevelt some day.
    ~m'

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Debbie, your Iris are so pretty in a row beside your house. I had mine in a row for years but they were just in front of the pines and they never did bloom so I moved them all over the yard hoping some of them would bloom. My sister-in-law gave me a whole box when we moved here and before I got thru planting I wasn't sure she was still my fav. sis-in-law! I gave a bunch of them away.

Marea, sorry I thought one may have survived but it's burgundy on the bottom so~no deal.

• mareas
    14 years ago

Debbie, look up photos of Red Zinger iris, that may be your little red one...

Here is a photo of my first Tall Iris of the year ~ In His Stripes.
    Fragrant, smokey lavender & red purple, striped white shoulders with 11 buds ~ I'm in love!