Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elliesfun

new: mnf - april plant swap

elliesfun
10 years ago

Spring is here and I am sure we are all finding small plants coming up under and around the parent plants that we don't need or want.

RULE'S:
1. Sign ups will be till April 10th.
2. Partners posted April 12th.
3. Box's should be sent no later than the 20th
4. A small flat rate box will be used.
5. At least 3-4 plants should be included with the plants ID.
6. Fill the box as best as you can.

Ok! So who's going to be first to sign up. I know I am ready to dig up some extra plants.

Ellie

Comments (86)

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just checking in to make sure everyone was able to contact their partner. Let me know if there are any problems.

Was going to start digging plants today but we have a very windy cold front coming in....and its too cold to dig. I was afraid the plant roots would freeze. Even the outside dog water dish was frozen until noon when I discovered it.

It's an inside day that is for sure.

Ellie

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

bromeliad_lover......

Still trying to contact you but have not been successful, need your addy for the swap. You can send to my email. thank you!!

Still no addy.... please contact thank you!!

• bromeliad_lover
    10 years ago

pinkiris -

Just e-mailed my info, thanks for being patient!

Becky

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

I just had to share the cutest story with someone. I have a greenhouse at school and that's where I've been starting my seeds this year. My box of seeds was on my desk so I could decide what to start next. My first period walked in and asked about it so the lesson plan went out the window and we went to the green house. After showing them my starts I gave them each a new 6-cell container and free range of my seed collection. If you could have seen the smiles on their faces!! Some only planted one thing, others have six different things. Less than half of them had ever planted a seed before so they were handling the seeds like new born babies, afraid to hurt them or plant them too deep. The kicker that made me mist... A 17 year old boy came up to me with a serious face and asked "Will my flower be ready by Mother's Day?" I about cried right there. I love my job!!,

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Ellie (and Dawn),
    I know the deadline for mailing is tomorrow, and I intended to mail then, but the weather here is horrible. Rain, rain, rain, colder, and rain. I hope neither of you will mind that I wait until Monday to mail.
    My apologies,
    Alana

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Alana.....don't worry about it. It has been raining here for 2 days and I am not going out to dig and get a cold again. It was down to 22* a couple of mornings ago. That is too cold for me to work outside.

I think everyone understands.

Ellie

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

I'm back on track, but almost forgot to post and had to come back, lol. Dawn's package is ready for the mailman to pick up today. Sorry about the delay! I have the DC and will post it later.
    Alana

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The ground was a little frozen this morning but finally got Jayeanne's box ready and mailed. The DC# is:
    9505 5101 1452 3112 4112 09 v LMK when it arrives. Thanks! Have a great day everyone!

Ellie

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

bromeliad_lover,

Your box is on its way today =) Enjoy!! LMK when you get it.

This post was edited by pinkiris on Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 9:01

• Kelli9699
    10 years ago

I am truly sorry, but I have to back out of all trades at this time. I have been ill and in the hospital lately. Unfortunately, can not up hold my end of the trade at this time. I am terribly sorry for everyone's inconvenience.

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It looks like we have a problem here. Kelli9699 just dropped out so I need to see who has not sent their box out so that we can do some switching around. PLEASE POST if you have not sent.

Ellie

• risinsun
    10 years ago

Kelli9699 - It's ok, things happen. We hope you feel better! Let me know when you are well enough to plant things, and I will still send you a box of plants.

Ellie - I haven't sent mine out yet, as I was supposed to send to Kelli9699. Will be glad to send to someone else.

Thanks,
    Brandi

• craftie2
    10 years ago

I have not been able to send my off yet. money is real tight right now cant send off till later in the week. sorry it took me so long to get back. I am so sorry for the inconvenience I have caused .

Margie

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

I haven't sent mine either. Our nights are still stupid cold so the plants are coming up slowly... hoping that with the next few days being warm I'll see a little more growth and can send Brandi the plants she's interested in.

Dawn

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Well now I don't feel so bad about being late, lol.
    It's been an "off" spring, for sure.
    Alana

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Alana can you look at the line-up for me.

If risinsun sends to raylynn will that solve the problem so everyone gets a box?

Ellie

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Yes, looks like that fixed it, Ellie. Risinsun rose to the occasion.

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

A BIG thank you Ellie for a wonderful surprise yesterday! =) Thank you so much for the beautiful card, primrose, sedum, coneflower, daylily, peony, columbine, grape hyacinths...Loved everything! Sorry in the delay of posting but everything is all planted already and again thank you so much Ellie!

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Alana for checking this for me. I just don't want anyway going without a box and the more I looked at the list, it just didn't seem to be that easy.

Thank you so very much. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Ellie

• risinsun
    10 years ago

I just sent an e-mail to you, raylynn. When you get a chance, e-mail me back and let me know what you would like.

Thanks!
    Brandi

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Susan for the wonderful box...included were the following: Columbine - Little Lanterns; Monarda - Raspberry Wine; Helleborus; Salvia - Black & Blue; and Crocosmia - Emily McKenzie. I have them all planted now. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Ellie

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Nice box of plants, Ellie!
    According to the USPS my package was delivered to Dawn on Thursday.
    Alana

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

According to the USPS my package was also delivered to - Becky (bromeliad_lover)

Your item was delivered at 9:33 am on April 24, 2013 in CARRIERE, MS 39426

PinkIris

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

Oh yes Alana, it's here! With as busy as the week has been, I haven't stopped to get the mail. Saw your post and hurried off to the post office. Found a nice box of plants including day lilies, salvia, painted fern, and a few others not familiar too me, so tonight's reading will be the plant books and web pages. Thank you so much for such a wonderful box!

• bromeliad_lover
    10 years ago

PinkIris,

Thank you so much for the box of lillies...nicely packed and they look great! I will have fun growing these.

Thanks Again,
    Becky

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Margie!

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Ellie, can you give an update on who has sent? I started to do that for you but I am afraid I may be missing some because there seems to be a lot of unfinished business.
    Thanks, Alana

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry Alana, I have been AOL out in the yard getting ready for a plant sale and this weather isn't helping much. Yesterday it snowed some. Too cold for a couple of days to be moving and potting plants.

Here's the line-up of who has sent their box.

poisondartfrog sending to dmkelly - SENT
    dmKelly sending to risinson
    pinkiris sending to bromeliad_lover - SENT
    risinsun sending to raylynn
    raylynn sending to craftie2
    farmergirl2009 sending to pinkiris - SENT
    browneyedsusan sending to farmergirl2009 - SENT
    craftie2 sending to poisondartfrog
    bromeliad_lover sending to browneyedsusan

Looks like the following have NOT SENT their box's to their assigned partners. Please post if you have sent.

dmkelly
    raylynn
    risinsun
    craftie2
    bromeliadlover

It's the first of May so lets try to get them mailed this week. Thank you all so much for participating.

Ellie

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

Yes, Ellie, I've sent my box and it should be there today.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    10 years ago

I have not yet received a packaged from bromeliad_lover.

Susan

• risinsun
    10 years ago

I received a box FULL of wonderful plants from Dawn today (dmkelly). She did such a wonderful job packing them; it was so nice of her to share so many of her super-neat plants with me! Thanks Dawn!

I have not sent a box to raylynn yet, as I have not received an address from her. Requested by both e-mail and on here. Raylynn, if you are reading this, please e-mail me your address. Thanks.

Susan, I will asky my sister today about whether or not she mailed you anything yet, and if not, I'll ask her to go ahead and get that mailed out!

Brandi

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

That's okay Ellie. I'm glad I did not try to post it myself. Things are in a lot better shape than I thought. I was envisioning a flood of bad feedback on the Rate and Review Forum, but it looks like you have it under control and everyone is on point or close to it.
    My name's not Sue, but I can be a busybody, lol.
    Alana

• risinsun
    10 years ago

I still have not heard back from raylynn regarding sending an address.

I just messaged Susan and told her I was going to send her a box of plants...my sister bromeliad_lover, who was supposed to send to her, has dropped the ball on the swap, but I'm going to take care of it.

I will still send to raylynn if she pops up.

Thanks,
    Brandi

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Brandi for keeping me informed. I haven't had my laptop because a few days ago I spilled a full cup of coffee on the keyboard. What a bummer! but I turned it over real quick and let it drain out. Now it is drying.

Ellie

• craftie2
    10 years ago

I am so sorry I have been off the grid. Things have been so over whelming late I had all the intention to send the plants off on time. All I can say is I am so sorry for the delay. will get this off this week Alana.

Margie

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Thank you Margie. I will be looking for it.
    Who is sending to you, and did you receive it?

• craftie2
    10 years ago

No Alana I have not recived mine yet. I think raylynn is sending to me.

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

I'll give Ellie a heads up. She is very busy right now, but she may know what's going on there.

This post was edited by poisondartfrog on Wed, May 8, 13 at 6:44

• craftie2
    10 years ago

hi sent to Alana here is your comf number is
    9505510921243131349667 scheduled for Tuesday del. I AM REALLY SORRY FOR THE DELAY. Happy gardening

Margie

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Thank you Margie. When I got home tonight the box was here.
    Margie sent a little hedgehog fingernail brush for after I get through planting, some moisture beads for soil or cut flowers, a Stella D'Oro Daylily, a Heuchera, a Daisy, and another daisy-like plant that I did not recognize but I will definitely plant.
    Again, thank you very much. I will plant them tomorrow.
    Alana

• risinsun
    10 years ago

My package to browneyedsusan went out today...hope you enjoy them, Susan! :-)

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just sent Raylynn an email to see if she has mailed her box to craftie2. Has everyone else received their box from their assigned partner?

Ellie

• browneyedsusan_gw
    10 years ago

Brandi,

Thanks for the healthy potted variegated feather reed grass and the pineapple mint cuttings you sent. You packed them really well.

Susan

• craftie2
    10 years ago

hi I have not heard from raylynn is she ok. hope she is ok. Happy gardening

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I sent an email to Raylynn several days ago and she has not responded. I shall try again just through my other email. Keep me posted if anyone hears from her.

Ellie

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

It is almost June-ridiculous. Craftie, I hope you leave appropriate feedback.

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

stupid duplicate :)

This post was edited by poisondartfrog on Mon, May 27, 13 at 11:12

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have not heard back from the last email I sent Raylynn. Has anyone seen her name posted on other sites? Alana what else can I do to get her to respond?

This is the last week of the plant sale that I had for 2nd Harvest to support the seed lending library. I have sold 834 plants now at $1 each. Still have probably 700 daylilies yet. But this sure was a good way to clear out some space in my flower beds. Now I can get some new plants. Have a great week everyone!

Ellie

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Sent you an email.

• craftie2
    10 years ago

hi still haven't heard from raylynn maybe I should call it a wash.

Margie