Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: mnf - april plant swap

Posted by farmergirl2009 Eastern WA zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 21:17

Spring is here and I am sure we are all finding small plants coming up under and around the parent plants that we don't need or want.

RULE'S:
1. Sign ups will be till April 10th.
2. Partners posted April 12th.
3. Box's should be sent no later than the 20th
4. A small flat rate box will be used.
5. At least 3-4 plants should be included with the plants ID.
6. Fill the box as best as you can.

Ok! So who's going to be first to sign up. I know I am ready to dig up some extra plants.

Ellie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: mnf - april plant swap

Sign me up Ellie.
Time to get growing,
Alana

o

Thanks Alana for signing up. Having two swaps going at the same time for April is going to be taxing for sure. Hope your week is wonderful with sunny weather.

Ellie

o

I would love to participate again so sign me up.
Dawn

o

sounds like fun! sign me up!

o

Ellie, it is too early for me to dig up anything. We are still in a cold spell and there isn't really a good warm up coming. As a matter of fact, we are due a record breaking low Tuesday night of 15. Everything is way behind. Sorry I can't join in but I would need more choices of things to dig up than what is out there right now.

Margo

o

What a beautiful day again! Worked outside all day and I am tired tonight.

Welcome to the swap. We have the following participating.
Poisondartfrog - Alana
Dmkelly - Dawn
Pinkiris

Sorry that you won't be able to join Margo but I think that is a little too cold to be digging up plants. It still gets a little frosty at night but then warms up during the daytime.

Ellie

o

Sounds Great!! Sign me up. Thank you.

o

I understand that I will have to send out one box of plants to someone that is assigned to me as a partner. If this is correct, I'd like to join.

Susan

o

What another beautiful day out. Worked in the yard again and the sprinkler guy came and turned on the sprinklers. Yea! It is just so dry here.
Susan you are correct in regards of sending one box to your partner when they get assigned.

The following have signed up for the swap:
Poisondartfrog - Alana
Dmkelly - Dawn
Pinkiris
Kelli9699
browneyedsusan
farmergirl2009

Sure had a lot of flowers that didn't make it this year. Most of the coneflowers and dianthus died and they were suppose to be perennials. Just saw on the weather forecast that it is going to start raining tomorrow. Guess we need it anyway.

Have a good evening.

Ellie

o

Are cuttings...rooted or unrooted...allowed in this swap? Also, will we get any indication from our swap partner what they might be interested in, or just send random stuff? Thanks!

o

count me in.

margie

o

Good morning everyone. Well today the rain is suppose to come for the next 10 days. Ugh! I need to work in the yard.

Risinsun...to answer your question, I think it would be a fine to email your partner and see just what they would be interested in. For this swap lets just send plants that are well rooted from the outside. No houseplants or cuttings unless your partner wants them.

Welcome to the swap risinsun and craftie 2.

Ellie

o

It would be helpful to update your want list.

Susan

o

Please add me to the swap. Thanks! :)

o

Welcome to the swap bromeliad_lover.

With temperatures here in the 50's, there should be lots of things I can dig. But its suppose to rain for the next 3 days. I will be going to Lewiston, ID for the week-end and they are always way ahead of us in the gardens.

The following have signed up for the swap:
Poisondartfrog - Alana
Dmkelly - Dawn
Pinkiris
Kelli9699
browneyedsusan
farmergirl2009
risinfun
craftie2
bromeliad_lover

It's not raining right now, so shall go out and see how much I can get done.

Ellie

o

Happy Saturday everyone!

It was brought to my attention, that everyone should update their wish list since it would be helpful when choosing partners. Next week when the names are drawn it also might be helpful to email your partner and see what they might be interested in and get their gardening zone.

I shall be leaving shortly and be back late Sunday afternoon. Have a wonderful day!

Ellie

o

We got back from our little trip a little early. Had a wonderful time....but of course it rained the whole time while we were there plus at home also.

We drove to Lewiston, ID area. Spent all day yesterday going to craft stores, fabric stores and nurseries. Had a wonderful time but glad to be back home. Of course being in a warmer climate, the flowering trees and bushes were already in bloom and so many of the plants in the gardens. Nice to see flowers.

We have 3 more days to sign up for this swap if anyone is still interested.

Ellie

o

Don't forget that tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the swap. Partners will be posted on the 12th.

I need to stop at the post office today and get a box also. Thought I had some. Sky is clear so looks like a gardening day after all.

Ellie

o

I want to clarify about the box size. Do you mean the small VHS size, or the next size up (which I THINK they actually call medium, though could be wrong). Thanks!

o

Hi everyone,
I got a small flat rate box at the P.O. and I looked at that and decided that wasn't going to work. There is no way a person can get 3-4 plants in that. I know I said a small box but I think we are going to have to go with the medium box.

Today is the last day to sign up so tomorrow I will have my son draw the names and will get them posted.

Ellie

o

Can I join? If so I ask in!

o

Welcome to the swap raylynn.

Those participating are:
Poisondartfrog - Alana
Dmkelly - Dawn
Pinkiris
Kelli9699
browneyedsusan
farmergirl2009
risinfun
craftie2
bromeliad_lover
raylynn

Today I will have partners for everyone.

Ellie

o

PARTNERS....what everyone is waiting for. It took me awhile to figure this out while my son was getting very impatient with me. If I made a booboo let me know.

poisondartfrog sending to dmkelly
craftie2 is sending to poisondartfrog

dmKelly sending to risinson
poisondartfrog sending to dmkelly

pinkiris sending to bromeliad_lover
farmergirl2009 sending to pinkiris

kelli9699 sending to raylynn
risinsun sending to kelli9699

browneyedsusan sending to farmergirl2009
bromeliad_lover sending to browneyedsusan

risinsun sending to kelli9699
dmkelly sending to risinsun

raylynn sending to craftie2
kelli9699 sending to raylynn

farmergirl2009 sending to pinkiris
browneyedsusan sending to farmergirl2009

craftie2 sending to poisondartfrog

pinkiris sending to bromeliad_lover

I know that I listed it "twice" so to speak, but was the only way I knew to make sure everyone was getting a package back.

You will have to contact the person you are to send to for an address. I have some address's but not all. And at that time, you might ask them what they are interested in whether annuals, perennials, colors etc. I did notice that most have nothing listed in the have or wants. I am thinking that we will have to use a medium size box also. Don't know what I was thinking small I guess I am use to sending seeds.

Have a great weekend!

Ellie

o

bromeliad_lover

Im trying to contact you but have not been successful, need your addy for the swap. You can send to my email. thank you!!

o

Ditto to Dawn. I tried emailing and have not received a response yet. Need your address, and a clue, lol.
Alana

o

Hi Alana,

Yesterday was crazy busy so I e-mailed you this morning. I keep telling myself only 38 more days of work and I can have my summer off! I will send it again and hope it gets there this time.

o

Got it, Dawn. Thank you.
Margie, I think you have my address, but if you need it send me an email.

This post was edited by poisondartfrog on Sat, Apr 13, 13 at 21:16

o

kelli9699, I e-mailed you but haven't heard back yet...please let me know if you did not receive my e-mail.

Thanks,
Brandi

o

Bromeliad_lover does not have email set up on GW nor have I been contacted by him/her. I need to send him/her my mailing address.

Susan

o

Browneyedsusan AND pinkiris -

Bromeliad_lover is my sister. I recently helped her set up her account on here...not sure how we missed putting in her e-mail address. I'll help her address that issue, but in the mean time, browneyedsusan , IF you want to e-mail me your info (address and plant preferences), I will make sure she gets it. And pinkiris, I will send you her info. She is still figuring out the website, lol.

Thanks,
Brandi

o

would love to sigh up but unfortunately I'm new to Maine just moved here in October have nothing to exchange .If anyone as any extra seeds or plants I would really appreciate some..

o

Well at least we have one email solved. I have spent a lot of time on the web looking for kelli9699's name to pop up elsewhere so that I can try to contact that way. I will keep checking around though.

Is anyone else having any problems?

Ellie

o

Risinsun (Brandi), I e-mailed you yesterday and haven't heard back. Did it make it to you?

Dawn

o

Got it, Dawn! Just replied. :-)

Kelli9699, still haven't gotten anything from you. If you can't get me by e-mail for some reason, please let me know.

Thanks!
Brandi

o

Brandi,

I sent you an email. I didn't get your email though. Not sure why, but hopefully you got mine.

Kelli

o

Hi Kelli!

I just got your e-mail and replied.

Thanks! :-)
Brandi

o

Just checking in to make sure everyone was able to contact their partner. Let me know if there are any problems.

Was going to start digging plants today but we have a very windy cold front coming in....and its too cold to dig. I was afraid the plant roots would freeze. Even the outside dog water dish was frozen until noon when I discovered it.

It's an inside day that is for sure.

Ellie

o

bromeliad_lover......

Still trying to contact you but have not been successful, need your addy for the swap. You can send to my email. thank you!!

Still no addy.... please contact thank you!!

o

pinkiris -

Just e-mailed my info, thanks for being patient!

Becky

o

I just had to share the cutest story with someone. I have a greenhouse at school and that's where I've been starting my seeds this year. My box of seeds was on my desk so I could decide what to start next. My first period walked in and asked about it so the lesson plan went out the window and we went to the green house. After showing them my starts I gave them each a new 6-cell container and free range of my seed collection. If you could have seen the smiles on their faces!! Some only planted one thing, others have six different things. Less than half of them had ever planted a seed before so they were handling the seeds like new born babies, afraid to hurt them or plant them too deep. The kicker that made me mist... A 17 year old boy came up to me with a serious face and asked "Will my flower be ready by Mother's Day?" I about cried right there. I love my job!!,

o

Ellie (and Dawn),
I know the deadline for mailing is tomorrow, and I intended to mail then, but the weather here is horrible. Rain, rain, rain, colder, and rain. I hope neither of you will mind that I wait until Monday to mail.
My apologies,
Alana

o

Alana.....don't worry about it. It has been raining here for 2 days and I am not going out to dig and get a cold again. It was down to 22* a couple of mornings ago. That is too cold for me to work outside.

I think everyone understands.

Ellie

o

I'm back on track, but almost forgot to post and had to come back, lol. Dawn's package is ready for the mailman to pick up today. Sorry about the delay! I have the DC and will post it later.
Alana

o

The ground was a little frozen this morning but finally got Jayeanne's box ready and mailed. The DC# is:
9505 5101 1452 3112 4112 09 v LMK when it arrives. Thanks! Have a great day everyone!

Ellie

o

bromeliad_lover,

Your box is on its way today =) Enjoy!! LMK when you get it.

This post was edited by pinkiris on Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 9:01

o

I am truly sorry, but I have to back out of all trades at this time. I have been ill and in the hospital lately. Unfortunately, can not up hold my end of the trade at this time. I am terribly sorry for everyone's inconvenience.

o

It looks like we have a problem here. Kelli9699 just dropped out so I need to see who has not sent their box out so that we can do some switching around. PLEASE POST if you have not sent.

Ellie

o

Kelli9699 - It's ok, things happen. We hope you feel better! Let me know when you are well enough to plant things, and I will still send you a box of plants.

Ellie - I haven't sent mine out yet, as I was supposed to send to Kelli9699. Will be glad to send to someone else.

Thanks,
Brandi

o

I have not been able to send my off yet. money is real tight right now cant send off till later in the week. sorry it took me so long to get back. I am so sorry for the inconvenience I have caused .

Margie

o

I haven't sent mine either. Our nights are still stupid cold so the plants are coming up slowly... hoping that with the next few days being warm I'll see a little more growth and can send Brandi the plants she's interested in.

Dawn

o

Well now I don't feel so bad about being late, lol.
It's been an "off" spring, for sure.
Alana

o

Alana can you look at the line-up for me.

If risinsun sends to raylynn will that solve the problem so everyone gets a box?

Ellie

o

Yes, looks like that fixed it, Ellie. Risinsun rose to the occasion.

o

A BIG thank you Ellie for a wonderful surprise yesterday! =) Thank you so much for the beautiful card, primrose, sedum, coneflower, daylily, peony, columbine, grape hyacinths...Loved everything! Sorry in the delay of posting but everything is all planted already and again thank you so much Ellie!

o

Thank you Alana for checking this for me. I just don't want anyway going without a box and the more I looked at the list, it just didn't seem to be that easy.

Thank you so very much. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Ellie

o

I just sent an e-mail to you, raylynn. When you get a chance, e-mail me back and let me know what you would like.

Thanks!
Brandi

o

Thank you Susan for the wonderful box...included were the following: Columbine - Little Lanterns; Monarda - Raspberry Wine; Helleborus; Salvia - Black & Blue; and Crocosmia - Emily McKenzie. I have them all planted now. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Ellie

o

Nice box of plants, Ellie!
According to the USPS my package was delivered to Dawn on Thursday.
Alana

o

According to the USPS my package was also delivered to - Becky (bromeliad_lover)

Your item was delivered at 9:33 am on April 24, 2013 in CARRIERE, MS 39426

PinkIris

o

Oh yes Alana, it's here! With as busy as the week has been, I haven't stopped to get the mail. Saw your post and hurried off to the post office. Found a nice box of plants including day lilies, salvia, painted fern, and a few others not familiar too me, so tonight's reading will be the plant books and web pages. Thank you so much for such a wonderful box!

o

PinkIris,

Thank you so much for the box of lillies...nicely packed and they look great! I will have fun growing these.

Thanks Again,
Becky

o

Happy Birthday Margie!

o

Ellie, can you give an update on who has sent? I started to do that for you but I am afraid I may be missing some because there seems to be a lot of unfinished business.
Thanks, Alana

o

Sorry Alana, I have been AOL out in the yard getting ready for a plant sale and this weather isn't helping much. Yesterday it snowed some. Too cold for a couple of days to be moving and potting plants.

Here's the line-up of who has sent their box.

poisondartfrog sending to dmkelly - SENT
dmKelly sending to risinson
pinkiris sending to bromeliad_lover - SENT
risinsun sending to raylynn
farmergirl2009 sending to pinkiris - SENT
browneyedsusan sending to farmergirl2009 - SENT
craftie2 sending to poisondartfrog

Looks like the following have NOT SENT their box's to their assigned partners. Please post if you have sent.

dmkelly
raylynn
risinsun
craftie2
bromeliadlover

It's the first of May so lets try to get them mailed this week. Thank you all so much for participating.

Ellie

o

Yes, Ellie, I've sent my box and it should be there today.

o

I have not yet received a packaged from bromeliad_lover.

Susan

o

I received a box FULL of wonderful plants from Dawn today (dmkelly). She did such a wonderful job packing them; it was so nice of her to share so many of her super-neat plants with me! Thanks Dawn!

I have not sent a box to raylynn yet, as I have not received an address from her. Requested by both e-mail and on here. Raylynn, if you are reading this, please e-mail me your address. Thanks.

Susan, I will asky my sister today about whether or not she mailed you anything yet, and if not, I'll ask her to go ahead and get that mailed out!

Brandi

o

That's okay Ellie. I'm glad I did not try to post it myself. Things are in a lot better shape than I thought. I was envisioning a flood of bad feedback on the Rate and Review Forum, but it looks like you have it under control and everyone is on point or close to it.
My name's not Sue, but I can be a busybody, lol.
Alana

o

I still have not heard back from raylynn regarding sending an address.

I just messaged Susan and told her I was going to send her a box of plants...my sister bromeliad_lover, who was supposed to send to her, has dropped the ball on the swap, but I'm going to take care of it.

I will still send to raylynn if she pops up.

Thanks,
Brandi

o

Thanks Brandi for keeping me informed. I haven't had my laptop because a few days ago I spilled a full cup of coffee on the keyboard. What a bummer! but I turned it over real quick and let it drain out. Now it is drying.

Ellie

o

I am so sorry I have been off the grid. Things have been so over whelming late I had all the intention to send the plants off on time. All I can say is I am so sorry for the delay. will get this off this week Alana.

Margie

o

Thank you Margie. I will be looking for it.
Who is sending to you, and did you receive it?

o

No Alana I have not recived mine yet. I think raylynn is sending to me.

o

I'll give Ellie a heads up. She is very busy right now, but she may know what's going on there.

This post was edited by poisondartfrog on Wed, May 8, 13 at 6:44

o

hi sent to Alana here is your comf number is
9505510921243131349667 scheduled for Tuesday del. I AM REALLY SORRY FOR THE DELAY. Happy gardening

Margie

o

Thank you Margie. When I got home tonight the box was here.
Margie sent a little hedgehog fingernail brush for after I get through planting, some moisture beads for soil or cut flowers, a Stella D'Oro Daylily, a Heuchera, a Daisy, and another daisy-like plant that I did not recognize but I will definitely plant.
Again, thank you very much. I will plant them tomorrow.
Alana

o

My package to browneyedsusan went out today...hope you enjoy them, Susan! :-)

o

Just sent Raylynn an email to see if she has mailed her box to craftie2. Has everyone else received their box from their assigned partner?

Ellie

o

Brandi,

Thanks for the healthy potted variegated feather reed grass and the pineapple mint cuttings you sent. You packed them really well.

Susan

o

hi I have not heard from raylynn is she ok. hope she is ok. Happy gardening

o

I sent an email to Raylynn several days ago and she has not responded. I shall try again just through my other email. Keep me posted if anyone hears from her.

Ellie

o

It is almost June-ridiculous. Craftie, I hope you leave appropriate feedback.

o

stupid duplicate :)

This post was edited by poisondartfrog on Mon, May 27, 13 at 11:12

o

I have not heard back from the last email I sent Raylynn. Has anyone seen her name posted on other sites? Alana what else can I do to get her to respond?

This is the last week of the plant sale that I had for 2nd Harvest to support the seed lending library. I have sold 834 plants now at $1 each. Still have probably 700 daylilies yet. But this sure was a good way to clear out some space in my flower beds. Now I can get some new plants. Have a great week everyone!

Ellie

o

Sent you an email.

o

hi still haven't heard from raylynn maybe I should call it a wash.

Margie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here