Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wilmoth_gw

NEW: 100 for 100 part -2

wilmoth
16 years ago

This round robin is for 100 seed packs in exchange for 100 please send a variety. Seeds are due in by May 15th mail out is May 30th ..........just in time for a first or second planting...........Feel free to join us all are welcome to join.I will not accept seeds any later than May 15th as it pushes my mail out date to late to package wish lists recieved with seeds hope you understand...I hope we have a great round robin 100 for 100 part -2 can't wait this is the easiest way to get lots of variety and as high as seed prices are there is no comparison in price because all it costs us is postage......JUMP IN WITH US ON THIS ONE YOU WON'T BE SORRY..................DONNA

Comments (31)

• happyseed
    16 years ago

Count me in on #2 also. Sonja

• gardenkitteh
    16 years ago

I want to play too.

• allisonlwise
    16 years ago

Sounds great! Where do I send my seeds?

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

SEND SEEDS TO DONNA WILMOTH 3237 WESTVIEW FARM ROAD SAXE VIRGINIA 23967.............THESE SEEDS WILL BE MAILED OUT NO LATER THAN MAY 30TH ANY SEEDS RECIEVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL BE RETURNED I PREFER TO HAVE 2 WEEKS TO SORT AND PACK THE SEEDS AS SOME PEOPLE SEND WISH LISTS AND I TRY TO FILL SOME OF THEIR WISHES ALSO SO PLEASE EVERYONE SEND YOUR SEEDS EARLY....i HAVE ALSO DECIDED TO ALLOW PLAYERS TO POST WANTS HERE ALSO PLEASE BE SURE TO PUT THEIR NAMES ON THEM SO IF YOU END UP WITH 16 PEOPLES WANTS I CAN PACK THEM AND OWE THAT PLAYER A VARIETY OF 84 MORE PACKS TO MAKE THEIR 100 SOUND GOOD SO POST SOME OF YOUR WANTS AND THE MORE THE MERRIER TO JOIN......I LIKE MY SWAPS TO INCLUDE A VARIETY OF SEEDS FOR ALL PLAYERS SO PLEASE IF YOU SEND 2 TYPES OF SEEDS YOU WILL RECIEVE 2 IN RETURN JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS I LIKE ALL THE PARTICIPANTS TO RECIEVE A VARIETY OF SEEDS IN THE 100 I HAVE A HABIT OF TYPING ALL CAPS IM NOT YELLING JUST GETTING OLDER AND BLINDER......SO ALLISON WHAT ARE YOUR SEED WISHES AND SONJA GLAD YOU COULD JOIN US.......GARDENKITTEH PLEASE POST SOME OF YOUR WANTS FOR US ALSO THANKS TO EVERYONE AND LETS MAKE THIS A GREAT ROUND ROBIN FOR EVERYONE.....DONNA

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello....Hope everyone is well.. We had rain or cloudy weather for a week and the nights are still cold at times so I haven't planted anything much this year. I usually plant in May that way I am sure that the cold won't affect my plants. I wish I lived in Florida sometimes I could plant year round then. So, have any of you planted already. Does anyone know some easy care perennials to plant? I would love to try one of everyone's favorite it seems that the favorites are easier to take care of sometimes.I would like to get 20 players for this round robin and take my time and check their lists good and start the packing early I will be doing 20 white angels trumpet packs one for each player. Then 80 variety packs. I think it is good to put some wants out there too then everyone kind of knows what they have to make up their 100 packs. All players are required to send their 100 packs in a SASBE with return postage.. Be sure to put an address label inside. you can include a wish list if you like..I would like for everyone to put your gardenweb name on your envelope on the outside lower left corner this helps me when I am packing..Thanks to everyone I would like columbines....any easy care perennials...Any different or odd vines....So everyone post your wants for us....Thanks Donna

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

This is my current list of wants I know it is kind of long but to dream is always wonderful:
    Adenium
    Ajuga
    Astilbe - yellow
    Astilbe - red
    Begonia (have red and white)
    Bleeding Heart Glorybower (Clerodendrum thomsoniae Balf. f.)
    Burgundy Frost Petunia
    Carnations, King of the Blacks
    Calibrachos (have white)
    Cauliflower pink
    Chelsea Blues Waterleaf
    Clematis - red
    Coleus 'Blackberry Waffle'
    Double flower petunia
    Dwarf Hollyhocks
    Egyptian Pea Vine
    English Daisy Habanera Red Tips
    Gloxinia
    Heuchera Peach Flambe
    Hibiscus syriacus ÂBlushing BrideÂ
    If there is such a thing, flowers with the name AMANDA
    If there is such a thing, flowers with the name CRYSTAL
    If there is such a thing, flowers with the name DOUGLAS
    Impatiens  double colored
    Iresine, Purple Lady
    Japanese Maple
    Japanese Morning Glory, Hamaginga Blue
    Kiwi blue honeywort
    Laceleaf Japanese Maple Acer Palmatum Autumn Fire
    Laurentia, Sophia
    Lisianthus
    Metalic purple persian shield coleus
    Mini Calla Lily
    Nemesia KLM
    Ornamental oregano
    Pansy, Joker Light Blue
    Penstemon Scarlett Queen
    Peony Poppy, Black
    Perennial phlox
    Perilla, Fantasy
    Petunia, Strawberry Red
    Petunia, razzle dazzle mix
    Pink Swirl Hibiscus
    Plumeria 'Vera Cruz Rose' (Plumeria rubra)
    Pulmonaria Raspberry Splash
    Purple Pitcher Plant Sarracenia purpurea
    Redvein Enkianthus Enkianthus campanulatus
    Scented Geraniums
    Sensitive Plant
    Shell vine plant
    Statice Blue Sea
    Tradescantia
    Twilight Echinacea
    Verbascum any color but white or cream
    Verbena, peaches n cream
    Zinnia, Swizzle, Cherry and White

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Always a pleasure Kris...............All I am looking for is all colors and varietys of Columbine and Turtlehead if they seed I guess they do.............I would love to have the razzmatazz echinechea.......Foxgloves are nice too......Thanks everyone for joining..........................Donna

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well I have bags made up for all the players.....5 so far counting me....I hope we can get 20 people for this one......Makes for more variety.......will post again soon Donna

• allisonlwise
    16 years ago

Hm ... what do I wish for ... more room to start seeds?!?! My poor hubby came up to tell me that my seed starting operation had expanded past his "approved" set-up. Oops! Tee-hee.

I'm up for anything that's easy to grow! I love bright colors.

Asters -- any color
    Batchelor Buttons
    Any kind of herbs
    Blanket flowers
    Poppies

So ... if we end up with 10 people, would it be okay to send 10 sets of 10 different kinds of seeds, or is it better to just send a variety?

Allison

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Welcome to everyone.......Allison, 10 x 10 is just easier to pack for 10 players....... so lets just wait and see how many people we get........ we may get 20 or more .... I have started bags for all of us and I have alot of the flowers you like too so that is nice....Kristen I have you some sensitive plant.........I have a few green zinnia too if you like them............let me know...........Donna

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

Is this round robin still a go? Just wanted to check before I send in my seeds. I really enjoyed the last one, so hoping this one is as good.

Kris

• allisonlwise
    16 years ago

I was wondering the same thing. Hate to send my seeds, if it's not a go.

Allison

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This seed swap is still a go ...We only have 6 players with me and Sim another player who asked to join if he still is going to participate kris.....happyseed.....gardenkitteh.......allisonlwise....Donna Wilmoth 3237 westview farm road saxe virginia 23967

• Ann
    16 years ago

Donna:

I'm in on this one too. I need to get rid of more seeds so my kids don't tease me!

Thanks, Ann

P.S. I'll send these out tomorrow

• allisonlwise
    16 years ago

Yippee! Maybe a few more people will still sign up :)

Allison

• happyseed
    16 years ago

Hey Donna, mine are going out Saturday. I hope life is good and you are rested. Take care, Sonja

• allisonlwise
    16 years ago

So is it easiest if I package my seeds in sets of 7? I'm new to this sort of thing, so just want to make sure I get everything done correctly :)

Allison

• grovespirit
    16 years ago

Hi there,

Can we participate if we have less than 100 seed packs to send in, please??

I'd like to swap but I doubt I could send more than 30 seed packs. I have a small seed collection!

• grovespirit
    16 years ago

I sent in my seeds today (Sat.) The USPS website says they should arrive in 4 days. Turns out I managed to assemble 75 seed packs. That was the closest I could get to 100.

Will post a list of wants shortly, just for Donna's reference since most of us probably have already sent our seeds in. :)

Thanks Donna, for hostessing the swap!

• kristlindgren
    15 years ago

Donna,
    I will be sending my seeds on Monday.

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

My want list (partial, this is just some of what I'd like.) I like edible flowers! I also like veggies and herbs that can be grown in 1-gallon or smaller pots and that do OK in warm climates.

All edible flowers, including:
    borage
    wild garlic, Allium vineale or Allium canadense
    winged bean, (Psophocarpus tetragonolobus), AKA Goa bean
    amaranth, any type with edible young greens- includes pigweed, and ornamental amaranths like "josephs coat," "intense purple"
    impatiens, dwarf named types preferred such as "Tom Thumb", "Busy Lizzie," "Sultani", "Carousel," "Easiplants", "Merlot," "Evening delight," "Jigsaw", "Double Deluxe," "Blue symphony"
    calendula, any
    coleus, any
    chrysanthemum, garland- edible type only (Chrysanthemum coronarium)
    mexican mint marigold
    pansy, especially deep purple, black, blue or lilac
    primrose, edible (primula vulgaris)
    evening primrose (Oenothera) Prefer pink or white
    Monarda, AKA bee balm AKA bergamot, especially pinks, purples, reds.
    runner bean, miniature, named "Dwarf Bees" only- I already have the regular full sized kind.
    society garlic (Tulbaghia violacea)
    snapdragon, any
    scented geranium, any except citrus scented
    daisy, English (Bellis perennis) The only edible daisy.
    Vigna caracalla, aka snail vine

Herbs, including:
    anise hyssop (Agastache foeniculum)
    arugula
    burnet (Sanguisorba minor)
    purple or red basil
    sage, culinary type
    savory, summer or winter
    marjoram
    fennel, bronze leafed
    chamomile
    lemon balm (melissa)
    cilantro
    culantro (Eryngium foetidum, this is different from cilantro)

Veggies suited to my tiny apartment garden:
    vitamin green
    red stemmed bunching onion
    walking onion AKA egyptian onion AKA topset onion
    Radish, any. Especially "watermelon", "misato rose" and "beauty heart".
    kale, any, especially red russian
    chard, any
    broccoli raab AKA rapini (True broccoli doesn't grow well here.)
    goosefoot family: quinoa, huauzontle, giant goosefoot, magenta spreen, lambs quarters, strawberry spinach
    Yam, any edible type, especially Okinawan
    Mesclun, spicy mix or Asian mix especially
    Malabar spinach- I would especially like the red one, Basella rubra (True spinach doesn't grow well here.)
    Bush Beans, Royal Burgundy only. I have plenty of regular green and yellow bush beans already!
    Orach, any- hubby likes the flavor better than swiss chard
    mustard, Florida tendergreen

Asian salad greens: mustards etc. like mizuna, mispoona, mibuna, mitsuba, misome, molokhiya, hiroshimana, tat soi, yin tsai, fong san, pei tsai, komatsuna, kojisan, osaka purple, Asian red, bekana, bekamaru, yukina, bau sin, senposai, shungiku, Ho-Mi

Asian cooking greens, especially gai lan and those with "choy" or "choi" in the name, including kai choy, gai choy, bok choy, pak choy, choy sum, een choi, ung choy.

• meimei007
    15 years ago

Just got back from the post office. I didn't put a want list on the thread, because I was too late. I did include one in my package, but I will be happy with whatever!!!

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hey Donna, I forgot to get mine mailed so I will have to sit this one out but I am ready for the next one!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sonja

• Ann
    15 years ago

Doona:

Hope you got my package. It was mailed late last week. Looking forward to seeing what comes back (hopefully not a lot of marigolds or castor beans).

Thanks Ann

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Recieved seeds from the following krislindgren.......grovespirit...........meimei007..........kmpsmom.........Allisonwise and happyseed dropped............. and that leaves gardenkitteh to send seeds in soon as I hear from gardenkitteh these seeds are ready to fly............Wilmoth

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Still no word from gardenkitteh so I am packing these up for mail out this week I will post the day they are mailed please post when they are recieved thanks Donna

• Ann
    15 years ago

Donna:
    No sign of RR seeds yet. Can you give me an idea of when they were mailed? Thanks, Ann

• kristlindgren
    15 years ago

We have not heard from you since the 26th of May, please give us an update.

Kris

• kristlindgren
    15 years ago

I have not gotten my seeds yet, as anyone gotten their's yet?

• kristlindgren
    15 years ago

Just wanted to let you know that I got my seeds on Friday. Thank you all very much.

Kris

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Everyone should have their seeds this week ........they were all mailed out the same day .......thanks to everyone for joining this swap....Wilmoth...........SO SORRY for the tardiness dad has 2 more chemo treatments and I am hoping we get good news then.....Donna

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths