Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Pictures 8)

brittneysgran
16 years ago

Hopefully we can start this thread with a few Spring pictures.

Comments (31)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Forysthia

For some reason I can't get the pictures smaller in photobucket. They have changed their whole format. Will post more later when I figure it out.

Shirley

• namso
    16 years ago

What a beautiful pic Shriley! Spring it is! thanks for posting!

Dawn & Sharon, forgot a HI, nice to see you both posting.

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Crocus

Helleborus

Bearded Irises are doing nicely

Daffodils are abundant now

Daylilies are coming along nicely

Hyacinths smell up the whole yard

Shirley

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Shirley your blooms are gorgeous! I have lots too but unfortunately Julie 'borrowed' my camera and it still hasn't returned home. Thats ok, I'm waiting on lots of Kenzie pics. We took her to see the Easter Bunny and she just laughed like she'd know him all her life, lol

Will post pics as soon as possible, gotta get my scanner working. Thanks for the pics, so nice to sit inside and still see spring doing its magic! I have hostas up like crazy this season, usually they're later.....go figure! I'm not complaining...........Daylilies too, which is normal. Its so exciting to go out there and find those extra fans you didn't have last year, lol.

Thanks again for posting your beauties!

Sassy

• dirtpig
    16 years ago

Hey just wanted to show what my hubby maded me.
    I know,I know I need to remove the labels and find a
    better spot for it.

{{gwi:1259707}}

Well I did the bowling ball,he just painted the pole and but it up top.

{{gwi:1259708}}

• dirtpig
    16 years ago

Shirley..Love your pictures.
    Its just what I needed.I can
    feel the warmth..hehe
    Thank you for the peek at
    spring.

• mareas
    16 years ago

Oooh, I LIKE your garden art, Jean!

And that is one BEAUTIFUL daylily bed there Shirley!
    Maybe someday I will get one, too...
    But, look, my daylilies are coming along, too:

{{gwi:1259709}}

Now, if it will just stop with the snow & sleet etc I will be feeling like Spring, too!

• pchanggeo
    16 years ago

For Shirley: tag was lost long ago :)

{{gwi:1259710}}

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Beautiful pics everyone!

Ok, heres a few from me:))

McKenzie's 1st b-day........(She's never been a happy child! lol) (This was in Feb)

Easter Bunny (Don't ya love the hair?) lol

LOL! and what I came here for........

Sunrise over my oldest brothers house..........

and SPRING!!!! This is my other brothers driveway. Wow, just couldn't resist!

Ok, one more and I'll stop! (I promise)

Little Big Miss Sweet Thang Walking!!! (Of course like me, she likes a good pipe!) JK!

Nite girls! Hope you enjoy!
    Sassy

• veeja11
    16 years ago

a real cutie sassy, think of her baby and you'll be where I am. they seem to get cuter the farther removed from me they are. where is Talon ??? here is miss Devera in her spring outfit
    {{gwi:1257995}}
    hugs proud gg-ma carol

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marea-At least you won't have all the weeds that I have to contend with...They grew all winter long and are everywhere.

Sassy-I never tire of seeing pictures of the little baby doll. Why don't you consider coming to the Asheville, NC plant swap. It's going to be lots of fun and have lots of plants. Have I convinced you yet?

Carol-What a precious little bundle of joy. You should be proud. Love that picture.

Shirley

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Happy belated birthday Marea, Devera needs her Talon fix, here she is posing for him
    {{gwi:1259716}}
    come on Talon how can you resist that. everyone here has daffs up but me, mine are up but won't openMamma G I want a hug where is ya?

• pchanggeo
    16 years ago

One more for Shirley: tag near it says Forge Fire... This section was disturbed by our dog and I replaced the tags as best I could but this one is obviously misplaced :-)

{{gwi:1259717}}

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Paul, you are too funny with the missing tags. Sure Glad I'm not the only one. I'm afraid Shirley has sent me 'several' Iris over the years and I'm lucky to have 2 that have kept their name tags. Sorry Shirley.

Carol and Sassy, the baby pics are sooooo cute.

Sassy, your brother lives in a beautiful area!!!

sharon

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Brittneys Prom Saturday April 12th 2008

Shirley

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Shirley, I literally said.......WOW! She is so beautiful and you have every right to be sooooo proud! Hope she had a great time. LOL, us oldies should post our prom pics, wouldn't that be a hoot? lol

Paul, those iris are beauties too. Really pretty! I'll have a few pics in a day or so, some just about ready. Its so hard waiting on them to just bloom already! lol

Sassy

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Shirley, I think she looks just like you! Beautiful!
    By the way it was snowing here on April 12th.
    sharon

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

The highest point of rocks is about 4 ft high. We only have 50 ft. of lake frontage and about 35 ft of it is pushed up. :o(

{{gwi:10494}}

{{gwi:10494}}
    See all the ice on the lake ... it was almost all gone by the time we left at 2 pm on Sunday. It melts soooo fast.
    The lake it about 8 miles long and one mile wide.
    sharon

• dirtpig
    16 years ago

Oh what beautiful young lady Shirley!!!

The grand babies are SO CUTE..just want to kiss them
    all over..hehe

• dirtpig
    16 years ago

Well just wanted to link slide show of the things
    hubby has been making.hehe
    Click on view all.Silly me

• cheerpeople
    16 years ago

Cool art! Tell him good job!!
    Karen

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Shirley.........I have a bud on America's Most Wanted!!! ...........lol It didn't bloom this early last year..........oh well, I'm tickled to see it!

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Shirley Brittney is beautiful bet she had a handsome prom date. my dh got my veggie gardens made box is my coldframe

today we got my frame up for my greenhouse

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sharon-Wow the ice did push those rocks out of the water. I have never seen anything like that before.

Thanks for all the compliments about Brittney. Do you know when you save change it never looks like it is as much as it turns out to be. Well...I have this jar that counts change as you put it in so I am filling it with quarters to give to Brittney on her graduation day. It should hold close to $300.00 or more (I'm still working on getting it full). I'm going to offer her a check for $100.00 OR the money in the jar. Her Mom laughed and said she will think the check is more and take it. That is what I hope she does and then I can tell her you just turned down $300.00 for a $100.00 check Brittney. Of course after kidding with her awhile I will give her the money jar.

Dirtpig-I can't pull up your pictures...Boo Hoo

Carol-I love all the projects you have started...I'm so jealous of your soon-to-be greenhouse...I want one.

Sassy-Wow that daylily bud is early...My irises are just now budding, it will be awhile for the daylilies.

Got to get packed, we are leaving for Stone Mountain, Ga.
    All my family have campers so we are leaving this morning and will be back Monday.

Shirley

• mareas
    16 years ago

My favorite daff this year -
    {{gwi:1259697}} ~ Thumbnail of Tahiti Daffodil ~

• mareas
    16 years ago

Jean - I LOVE his art! Tell him it's time to start selling on eBay!

Cindy, it was so cool to get such a nice, newsy update from you ~ so sorry it was because you got bashed in the mouth & took a pain pill... ;-(

LOOK AT THIS! I got my Valentine's/Birthday box from Anita! Loads of candy in a cute red bucket, a sparkly heart candle, a sweet card, BRAND NEW MARACAS !!, a St. Joseph's lily, an American Agava AND loads of hardy gladiolas, LA, Asiatic and species lilies!! AND I get to choose 3 daylilies from her list!
    {{gwi:1259727}}

I'm blown away for real, Anita, thank you!!

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Carol, Wow!!! I love the large vegetable garden! You have got to tell me what you are going to grow and take at least one more picture just before the Big Harvest!!!
    And TWO ... not ONE ... But TWO Greenhouses .... WOW!
    I'll have to take a picture of my puny one ... I love it anyway. LOL

Shirley and Marea, I will put my message to you on the main thread. :o)
    sharon

• veeja11
    16 years ago

actually dh says one is going to be his wood shed, we got the frames free from next door and will be buying the plastic next week. so far I have tomatos, broccoli,cauliflower, brussel sprouts, corn, 3 kinds of cucumbers, 5 kinds of squash walla wall sweet onions, beets, radishes, turnips and lettuce planted, still gotta put in peppers, also got potalos in they are the small beds at the top. I will try to post progression photos. 2x the size of our last garden, so weeds weeds weeds, fun fun fun. hugs carol

• pchanggeo
    15 years ago

I actually have a name for this one... Pink Taffeta, but it looks darker... almost orange. There's a slight lemony scent also. Another missed tag I'm guessing.

{{gwi:1259728}}

And for a good laugh... a vintage from 1985:

{{gwi:1259729}}

That's my wife-to-be Shirley at her prom. I was a year ahead, so for my prom, I went with someone else... I think Shirley "accidently" dropped that photo in the fireplace :) What were you expecting... a mullet?

• mareas
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1259730}}

Wow, Paul, you two make a stunning couple! A mullet? LOL I knew you were handsome from seeing your beautiful children...
    That IS fun! Here is a photo of Herb & I in the late 80's... We're through that phase, too.
    {{gwi:1254953}}

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Marea-I remember that photo...still love it.

Paul-The bearded iris you think is pink taffeta is orange flirt.

Shirley

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!