Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vic_zn5

UPDATE: March Madness #2

Vic Billings, MT
15 years ago

I'm not going to re-post the rules since we are already sending.

But, I do want to say.....

DAN, I think I know what you're getting!!!! LOL

I'll have to email Wendy and see if I am right!!

Comments (67)

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

now, those were just awesome boxes! ***sneaking a tastycake from Linda's pile***

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

did you order any of those tastekake's yet Dan?

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

not yet. I did order the catalog though. does it taste good too?

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Vicky,

Here is your confirmation number:

420 59106 9101 0385 5574 9666 5702 27

Sorry for the delay. Too many things happened at once!

Mark

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Thankyou for a great box Tammy. I posted a list that is somewhere in cyber space so here goes again.
    cuttings of african violets, christmas cactus, blue passion vine which I have been wanting, aloe, pink houseplant, small bulb lil lilly plant, big clump of champion rose. seed potato's yukon gold and red pontiac. ginger snap tea, cranberry peach bath soak, better homes and garden magazine, ladybug windsock seeds, andenis tractoria, forget me nots,star of yalta, lupine,nicotiana, 4 o'clocks, red and gold marigolds,asparagus yetensoon, dames rocket, trumpet vine.agastache, light pink columbine, lupine a bag of candy a cute lil hand painted flower pot with my name but it broke darn po thankyou Tammy I love my box Happy gardening carol

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Hi Vic,

When you get your box, if there is a DVD controller in there, would you let me know? I am missing mine and have looked EVERYWHERE! The only thing left is maybe I packed it in your box???? I would really embarrassed if I did!
    Mark

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

---Mark is having another blond moment apparently---

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Alana, I sent you an email with the tracking number for the remainder of your package. Enjoy! Nik

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

What's everyone doing this weekend? I'm gardening indoors and looking at 3-4 inches of new snow, while more is still coming down! YUCK! Yesterday my yard was bare with different bulbs/plants poking through. Oh well, it's still a good weekend!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

watching the rain and waiting for the sleet and snow to start..brrr.....maybe it will just pass us over.."crossing fingers"..

• wynative
    15 years ago

Vic -

I have returned from the missing - I think???? LOL Wow, lost has happened - congrates Kathy on your new nephew's and I hope your back problems work out for you - weather you have to have surgery or just theropy.

I have talked to Fran - did she email you? If not, since we are partners this month and both of our lives are in such an uproar - we are going to skip sending. Our good intentions and all just didn't work out well.

I need to get to work now before the snow gets to bad to see... SPRING?? we are so ready for you to arrive!!!
    Marie

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Spring sprung here! My pear trees are in bloom, the apple, apricot, peach, nectarine, persimmon trees have budded out. My garlic is 1 foot high. Lettuce is about 6 inches. snow peas and sugar snap about a foot high.

I got to use my early birthday present: a brand new wheel barrow! My dear wife bought me one of those huge ones with two wheels.

I sent the day making the potato beds, making a new garlic bed for the ones I got in the Cut It Out swap, planted raspberry and blackberry plants.

Time for a advil/tylenol cocktail!

Mark

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mark, ROFLOL! If the clicker is in there, I will send it back! LOL! I know I have found ours in the strangest places. Sounds like you got a lot done today!

I feel your pain Linda and Dan and Marie! It was supposed to be 55 and nice this weekend, it was rainy, snowy, and cold, now they are calling for a storm and up to 11 inches! I keep telling Jamie we should have moved to Kentucky!

I have a question about ws-ing, if I put the jugs in my "sunroom", (it is not heated and gets very cold at night, but gets a lot of sun during the day) do you think that would work???? I just found about 1/2 of all my jugs were destroyed by the new puppy! She never used to even go out back but evidently found them! I've moved them into the sunroom until I can find a spot safe from her. I am also going to sew some more. *sigh*

Mark, I miss seeing my pear, apple, and plum trees in bloom! And my lilacs! Spring is going to be sad this year! : (

***UPDATE***

Mark/markcase sends to Vic/vic_zn5

Vic sends to Annie/canyonwind

Annie sends to Mark **(REC'D)**

Linda/lindaruzicka **(REC'D)** and Kamil/kamiljablo**(REC'D)**

Wendy/sassybutterfly**(REC'D)** and Dan/dan_the_mailman

Carol/veeja11**(REC'D)** and Tammy/greenthumbgrow **(REC'D)**

Nik/nikkineal**(REC'D)** and Alana/poisondartfrog **(REC'D)**

ANNIE, Yours will be going tomorrow! I just got done packing and just have to get to the PO! Sorry I was late! I will post a DC# for you tomorrow, my printer is out of ink so I have to do it at work : )

Vic

• dbrown1973
    15 years ago

Hi,

I can't get a response from my EG.... :( So I cannot send her a box. What do I do? Somebody email me some help, would ya? I've sent one email, will attempt to send another.

Thanks!
    Dani in ND
    dbrown1973@ymail.com

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dani, I sent you an email, I think you are looking for the "adopt a newbie" thread : )
    But you are welcome to join in on the MNF April swap also!
    Vic

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Vic ~ don't be scared now, put those jugs outside!! :P I've seen pics of people's jugs covered with 12" of snow and they all still had gorgeous flowers! :D

Dan your box is officially in the mail, I'll get you that DC#. I'm afraid I had to send it regular mail tho, since it is in a longer box than normal they wanted almost $25 to send it priority! pfft! I hope you enjoy the lil oddities! hehe

Hugs everyone!
    Wendy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

lil oddities, eh? does that mean you put yourself and some of the other ladies into that box? hehehe

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I can't wait to see what Wendy sent Dan..this ought to be good.."getting out my lawnchair, cup of tea and setting up beside dan's mailbox"

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Vic,

Your package is in Billings!!!!!

Mark

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I can't either Linda! You know I'll be taking pictures and posting them!

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Oh carol i am soo sad your pot broke. Me and danae spent a while making those and that one I did specially for your garden. I triied packing it in the center thinking that would cushion it.

I can't believe it broke.

Booo Hooo Hoo. Crying. (Danae ,shes 4, made me one -as similar as she could. and it is so cute)

Tammy

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Tammy I unwrapped the potato's and one was a darling handpainted pot windchime that said carol's garden on it so one of the pots did make it. please thank Dane for me and tell her I love it, have your seeds arrived yet ? I got an e-mail from parks last tuesday saying they mailed them. please let me know if you get them. big hugs carol

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Dan I forgot the card that was supposed to go in your box.. *bonks self on the head! Ah well... it isn't an RR box from me if I DON'T forget somethin'! lol :P

Everyone be careful of that virus that's supposedly hitting tomorrow. Do your backups and make sure your antiviruses are up to date and running!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm here! *handing out long island tea's and setting my lawnchair next to Linda* This is gonna be good! Is that the mail truck coming???

Annie, your dc# is 0103 8555 7495 5315 9641
    It did not go until today, we had a snow storm Sunday night and yesterday morning was a mad rush out the door b/c the roads were so bad, they don't do anything with the roads unless there is like 8 inches of snow or more! So it was an icy mess.

On a brighter note, I got my box from Mark yesterday!! Sorry I didn't post sooner, it was a long late day yesterday and it was after 10pm before I could have got on and I was too tired!

I got a lot of great things!
    A big bag of Starbucks coffee beans!
    Reed difuser, smells great
    some shells right from the beaches in NC (I put them with the ones I got from diene!)
    hand made seed envies
    mini muffins
    mini jar candle - cranberry that smells great too!
    Pampas Grass!! I love this stuff!!!
    daylilly - do you know what color? : )
    some beans from peru, I can't wait to grow some, are they hard?
    BLUE potato seeds!!
    Atlantic white potatoes
    Garlic! Red toch and Siminetti
    Those are 2 things I have been wanting to try for several years and have not done it yet! I am excited about them! I bet Zack will love digging up potatoes!
    Also got Jerusalem artichokes, Red Fusean and Stampede, I didn't know they came in different varieties! lol
    Plant markers
    And Seeds......
    Yellow sweet pea
    ornamental indian corn
    white aster
    Zamboni broccoli
    jumbo muskmelon
    lupin
    dianthus, siberian blue
    obedient plant, pink
    4:00
    Morning glory, jamie lynn
    amaranthus
    iceberg lettuce
    morning glory, blue
    dahlia, fireworks
    columbine, red nora barlow
    white confederate rose
    statice
    and an unknown seed! hmmmm, looks like it might be a gaillardia or coneflower?? Any idea Mark? LOL

Thanks Mark! I really enjoyed it!
    OH, I almost forgot, I also got some dentyne "fire" mints, Zack just HAD to try them, I thought it was going to be hillarious to see that but then he LIKED them! He has almost eaten the entire box! LOL

Wendy, I'm not afraid to put my jugs out in the snow! It's that the puppy destroyed most of them that I put out! AND one of them was the Bear grass and Russian sage you sent me! *big pout!*

Gotta go kids!
    Sorry to be the last one to send! esp. since I am the host! (oops!)
    Vic

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Vic,

Glad you liked the box. Not sure what the unknown seeds are. I thought I had ID'd everything, but guess I missed some.

Happy planting.

Mark

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

***leaning against mailboxes, using my binoculars. where is that mail truck?***

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Dan, somehow the mental picture of an impatient mailman made me laugh. Thanks, I needed that. I just spent 28 hours in the hospital for supraventricular tachycardia. Everything's getting back to normal now. Feeling MUCH better.

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

More Madness, as if she had not sent enough! I got an envelope direct from Swallowtail Garden Seeds yesterday, compliments of Nikki. She ordered some of my most wanted seeds and had them sent to me. That was going above and beyond!
    I sowed them all in the gh this morning!
    Thank you!!!
    Alana

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

always glad to put a smile on someone's face. also glad to hear you're getting back to normal. normal, can you believe someone actually used that word in this group? too funny!

hey bunny, do they know what you're having? or are you just going to wait until all 4 pop out? just think, now you get to eat for 5! thanksgiving is gonna be fun at your house! mmmmm, pass the potatoes and the stuffing please!

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Proud, I don't know what in the world that big word meant in your post but wanted you to know I'm sorry you've been sick and hope you are all better now!
    Alana, Glad to hear the seeds finally arrived. I hope they have many blooms!
    Vic, That's a great box, huh?!?!
    Carol and Tammy, I sent a pot in another swap that was broken. I hate when that happens!!!
    Bunny, Are you really expecting again? I'm behind on reading the threads and I'm wondering if it was an April fools joke... So are you are you not?!?!?
    Nik

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

I found my DVD Controller!!!!!! I guess it wasn't in Vic's box. It was in someone else's box I gave some plants to!

Yes Dan, I did have a blond moment...

Mark

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL Mark! I forgot to tell ya it wasn't in my box!

Now I am wondering just what the PO does with a box until it gets "accepted" for shipping?!? They should have rec'd Annie's box yesterday.....

Vic

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Well, Dan, I don't know if I'll ever be back to normal since I've never quite fit that description, but thanks everyone!

Mark, did you really mail your remote!?! Maybe you should invest in the one I saw that's about 2 foot? Grandson likes to play with ours so it's been MIA a few times.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Proudgm ~ so happy to hear you are feelin' better!! lol @ the 'normal' comments!

Mark ~ congrats on your finding your remote! That's a task I have to attend to daily...once I drove to the store with it on top of my van hood near the windshield wipers... or maybe that was the cordless phone... and shush on the blonde comments! :P

*says the Strawberry Blonde GA Gardener.... :)
    ~Wendy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

hmmm, when I put in "blond joke" on photobucket, here's what I found...

and beyond that, I'm not saying a word...

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I just checked on usps.com, and my package from Wendy has made it to Michigan! Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow or Saturday! ***pouring more "tea" as we wait by the mailbox***

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Miss Vic,

"March Madness" showed up at my home today but I am out of town so I can not open it up just yet. I told my husband to leave it alone...no touchy and that goes for his highness Brutus, the German Shepherd, as well! I will be home on Sunday or Monday and will post after I open it....so looking forward to it...thankyou! Off to have a glass of vino...............

Annie

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I got my box today!!! Yippee!!! And it couldn't have come at a better time either!!! Just wait until you hear what Wendy sent for MY garden! You are all going to be soooo jealous!!! Wendy sent

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

hmm.. what'd I send? :P

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Uh oh - Looks like Bump knocked Dan out of his chair again. I hope he didn't hit his head on the windowsill...

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

psst Bump... your check's in the mail...

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Dan! You had better tell or I'm going to withhold all brownies until you do!.."waving fresh baked brownies under Dan's nose"....

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Hello Everyone! For those of you who don't know me yet, my name is Bump. Dan's a bit busy today, so I thought I would take some time out from my busy napping schedule and tell you what Dan received from Wendy. It was a really cool box, and I thoroughly enjoyed helping him investigate it! So, here's what we received from Wendy...
    There was some black chocolate tea, but it's gone now. Dan drank it all last night.
    There was a miniature hanging basket in which Dan planted the included petunia seeds. I tried to help him plant the seeds, but Dan said to wait and help him hang it up outside.
    Oh, also there were some plastic plant markers and a big flower pouch. I think Dan is putting in an aerial garden this year, so those will help a lot.
    Then there were these two funny little men in the box. One of them is sitting on the desktop with his arms open wide (personally, I think he may have had a bit too much catnip) and Dan says he'll hang on the outside of a flower pot. I can't wait to see this happen! The other little man is outside now, talking to one of his friends beneath a mushroom that also came in the box. I think there's a picture of them somewhere here, let me see if I can find it. (This would be so much easier if I had opposable thumbs!) Oh, okay, I found it! George, the new guy, is the one on the right...

Then there was this frog-on-a-stick thing. I was glad to see this guy go outdoors, he moved around too much and kept teasing Stella...

Then there was a baggie full of seeds. Just what I needed! Here I am, working with Dan on his addiction, actually making a little progress, and Wendy sends him more seeds. Frankly, I think I'm going to have to speak to all of your owners (even the dogs, who slobber way too much!) about getting you people into some sort of rehab program! Honestly! I guess you want to know what kinds of seeds Dan received from Wendy, so let me see if I can read her writing on all of these. Some of you need to work on your penmanship...
    Let's see, there are gypsophila, money plant, pink pampas grass (you're sending him grass??? is that legal??), vitex agnes castus, birdhouse gourds, little bluestem grass, black dragon coleus, bright lights cosmos, heirloom tomato paste mix, black moudry grass (more???), butterfly orchid flower, popcorn cassia, amaranthus, giant reed grass, more birdhouse gourds, ornamental grass, orange cosmos, double click cosmos, ladybird lemon cosmos, vanilla grass, balsam, crocosmia "lucifer", cosmos - dazzler rosy red, summer dream cosmos, seashell cosmos, bottle gentian, more ornamental grass, globe gilia, and brizamedia grass. You all must think he plans on smoking a lot of grass this year!
    Then, there were these really funny looking birds at the bottom of the box. Dan put them outside, and they look strange, sort of like they're dead actually. Dan wouldn't let me or Stella taste them before he put them outside, which we didn't like. They're birds, we're cats, so that makes them dinner! Want to see what they look like? Okay, but make sure the young humans aren't in the room, these things look kind of freaky...

See what I mean? Dan's making a halloween-themed section in the garden, and I think he should put those two flamingo skeletons in it. Don't you?

Anyway, Wendy, Dan, Stella, and I really appreciate this box, and everything in it!

Oops! I almost forgot something! There was also a brass sparkly thing in the box, which is now hanging on the front of the house. Between all the grass, brass, and catnip, I think we're going to have an interesting summer hereabouts! Yep! Might even get to meet some of those silly police dogs! That's okay though, I've got claws and Stella, so we'll be just fine!

Take care everyone, and I'll talk to you all again when I host the May Swap! Should be fun!!!

-Bump

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bump, you did a great job posting the contents of that box! And Wendy did a great job packing it, I would have never guessed flamingo skeletons! LOL

That just about wraps it up, just waiting for miss Annie to get home : )

***UPDATE***

Mark/markcase sends to Vic/vic_zn5 **(REC'D)**

Vic sends to Annie/canyonwind **(REC'D, WAITING FOR A POST)

Wendy/sassybutterfly**(REC'D)** and Dan/dan_the_mailman **(REC'D)

Thanks for playing this (last) month everyone!

Hey Nik, how much did you have to pay Bump for that?!? hehe

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bump, you did a great job posting the contents of that box! And Wendy did a great job packing it, I would have never guessed flamingo skeletons! LOL

That just about wraps it up, just waiting for miss Annie to get home : )

***UPDATE***

Mark/markcase sends to Vic/vic_zn5 **(REC'D)**

Vic sends to Annie/canyonwind **(REC'D, WAITING FOR A POST)

Wendy/sassybutterfly**(REC'D)** and Dan/dan_the_mailman **(REC'D)

Thanks for playing this (last) month everyone!

Hey Nik, how much did you have to pay Bump for that?!? hehe

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Miss Vic,

I will be returning home later this afternoon/this evening.....and then I can open my box of fun!

Have a great Monday!

Annie

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

OK...I am home! I opened my box of "so much fun" about an hour ago. Vicki, what a wonderful box of madness! I love it all!

Here we go..............

frog in helicopter pinwheel stake for the garden...this is so very cool.
    "Danish Flag" complete poppy grow kit/watering can
    Two bubble envelopes
    6 red "Oscar" glad bulbs
    snail pot
    butterfly clip/magnet
    lizard clip/magnet
    garden gloves
    Pumice stone
    bumblebee whirligig garden stake
    28 month calender/planner book
    Seed envelopes

Seeds...
    monarda red bee balm
    zinnia zowie flame yellow
    coreopsis lanceleaf
    zinnia old mexico
    white coneflower
    gallaidaria fanfare
    echinicea tangerine
    columbine mixed
    gallaidaria firewheel
    zinnia cherry profusion
    cosmos seashells
    cosmos bright lights
    cosmos single sensation

Vicki, I can not thank you enough. You sent me the fun...the cute...the madness etc..........great selection! And great seeds!!
    Wonderful swap!! Thanks again for hosting!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Great box!..I think this was a great swap!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

What a wonderful box you received Annie!

You did a great job w/ this swap Vic!!! :)

Hugs!
    Wendy

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

March Madness redux:
    In the spirit of following up, I am posting a picture of the great pot Nikki sent in the swap. I decided to go with these Saffron Calibrachoa a couple of weeks ago-I think they work perfectly with her great pot!

{{gwi:1259835}}

Thanks again Nik,
    Alana