Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthlydelights_gw

New-April OBF -- Susan's Salad Bar Swap

earthlydelights
16 years ago

Susan is April's host, although I haven't seen a post from her in a while. Carol or Shirley, have you heard from her?

Thought I'd start a new thread since the other one is done.

Maryanne

Comments (150)

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    16 years ago

amy - OBF stands for Our Blooming Friends. We are a continuous swap group. Been around for the last few years. If you have any interest, read through some of the OBF threads to see that this is something you would have an interest and then let carol know by emailing her at veeja3@wmconnect.com and she'll send you information. also, one of the group members will step up to be your sponsor/big sis and answer any questions you have.

ANY TAKERS if (new) amy is interested in joining in?

my guess was going to be elizabeth, but i'll take eleanor.

have a great day everyone
    maryanne

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

I guess Elaine...I had a best friend in school named Elaine.

Shirley

• susandonb
    16 years ago

WINNER!!! IS SHIRLEY!!!!

Congratulations! Susan Elane. When I was 10 I asked my Mother if I could change the spelling of my middle name and she let me so I spell it that way. Shirley email me your address.

OK, next Prize

{{gwi:1259911}}

Next Question:

How old will I be on my next birthday in May?

Be kind. LOL

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

I don't like guessing people's ages.It's really hard when you don't see pictures of faces,just gardens on here. Do ya have a myspace page?LOL! Uhhh....48?
    later...April/dirt

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Remy, happy belated birthday, gotta get better at remembering the important things. hope to hear from you amy, we need new blood, I"m thirsty Sue I guess 38, ok I guess my games are after Earthly. I seem to be bad at guessing. hope my luck changes. hugs carol

• susandonb
    16 years ago

I have talked about my age on other threads, I thought some of you may remember.

Hint, my next birthday is a very big one!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I'll say 50. (please don't shoot me...lol)

Melissa

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

My guess is 49!

Remy Congratulations on the last one!!!!!!

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

LOL! I'm in shock! I won!!!!
    Cool : )

Amy,
    Congrats on winning again!

Susan,
    You don't look a day over 25 to me : )
    Remy

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Yeahhh! Melissa! CONGRATULATIONS! Yes, I will be 50 arggghhh.

Ok, next prize is:

A 2 bulb Package of Peruvian Daffodils

{{gwi:1259912}}

Question is: What is my favorite vegetable to grow?

This will be my last prize and question so get ready for who is next to host the games.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Tomatoe ?
    later...April/dirt

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I'm gonna say you're a nut like me...and prefer broccoli. It's one of the only ones I can reliably get to grow big! And no one appreciates my efforts....*sniff* :O)
    Unless it's doused in velveeta. LOL

Melissa

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Oh! Oh Wait!! I won??! Woo-Hoo!!! Yay!!! :O)

Ah...sorry bout the 50 thing....If it makes you feel better, I'll be turning 30 this year! That's a big one for me!! :O)

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Susan,
    I'm going to guess Pepper, tomato was already taken. :)

Deb

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Susan

I'm going to guess SQUASH.

Maryanne

yoo hoo CAROL -- take your turn at running a game, you are next to come up with one.

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Melissa wins again!! Broccoli is my favorite!

This was fun, thank you for participating in the games. Winners email me your addresses and I will get your prizes out in the mail.

Who is next hosting games? I hope I win something.

Susan

• llbean
    16 years ago

I will.. I will take the next round, but due to the prizes, my flowers are not up, can we limit it to one winner? I will do 4 questions for my custom jewelry.
    meaning you pick the colors I make the bracelet(sp) (i'm tired)..
    What does my father do for a living..?
    Good luck...
    (Mayanne, I know you know and can you not fair of me but your box has jewlels on their way, not guess this one).

Laura

• veeja11
    16 years ago

A doctor is my guess, Earthly can you host next my brain is frozen. hugs carol

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Laura-I guess a Lawyer....

Congratulations on all the winners and me too. Yeah

Shirley

• llbean
    16 years ago

keep um comin..
    Carol good guess but that is the OLD DH.. GOod guess though
    Maryanne hope I didn't hurt your feelings?
    SHe knows to much, but I have some stumpers for her

These make cute Mothers day gifts.
    I do have a cute sterling oval that says mother.
    I just got in freshwater pearls in beige
    and I have swarvoski deep purple pearls that just came in (these are hot!) I also do earrings.

• susandonb
    16 years ago

I guess he is a fireman.

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

My guess is a Pastor.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

AH!! You're kidding me!! I won! Yay Me!! LOL This has been the absolute first time in my life I've ever won anything 2 times!! Yay Again!! :O)

Hmm...Laura....Um...lessee...I'll be a nut again and say he owns a pub!! LOL

Melissa

• llbean
    16 years ago

Amybabyboy is the Winner.. WOW good guess. I am a PK.. He has been a pastor of a Southern Baptist church for almost 20 years. I am proud to call him dad!!

Give me some toughts on what you'd like.

What is my favorite type of shows to watch? Good thing they are on ALL the time.?

Good luck

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Laura,
    I'm guessing the Home & Garden shows. I'm always recording them on the DVR. I have so many ideas on what I want to do this year, I've changed ideas/plans many times!

Deb

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Ummm I'll be the odd one this time & guess.......cartoons.
    later...April/dirt

• susandonb
    16 years ago

I will guess cooking shows.

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

Laura,
    When you mentioned your mission trip I thought maybe that would be a good guess. My husband is a PK also. I think my favorite things are earrings and I love any color of the rainbow. Thank you, Amy

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Amy-You are on a roll girl...You should go buy some lottery tickets before your luck runs out. LOL

All the good guesses have been taken so I will say Game Shows.

Shirley

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I'll say reality shows, maybe?

• llbean
    16 years ago

not right yet, but there are many of them. I mean different branches of the shows.. I can watch them over and over and over.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Comedys??

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Is it CSI? It has several branches....
    later...April/dirt

• llbean
    16 years ago

Yeah April
    you are the winner.

I love them all CSI, SVU, Cold Case any of them reruns or not I can watch them all.
    You win..
    let me know what you'd like.

Now keeping that in mind, I am a Nurse Pract. I have been for 5 years, I have recently taken up college again. I am still going to be and NP, but I will be able to explore the world of my favorite shows when I am done.
    What am I studying?

Laura

• AmyinMO
    16 years ago

Carol (veeja11),

I sent you an e-mail (subject line, "joining OBF?"). Please let me know whether you do/don't receive it! Thanks! :-)

--Amy (aka Rose... hmm, maybe I should use my nickname to prevent confusion, since there's already another Amy? lol)

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Laura,
    A medical examiner, licensed pathologist?

Deb

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Umm....a coroner??

• llbean
    16 years ago

ohh all those were thoughts, but I really wanted to keep the Nursing part in it and both of those you have to be a Doctor....

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Forensic nurse???
    later...April

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    16 years ago

am i allowed to guess this one, lil sis?
    if so, i say a midwife unless of course you already . (maybe you are already that???)

maryanne

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Wow Amy Congrats again!!!

Laura,
    My best friend who I used to live with before I got married who is now out in Oregon is a Med Tech. She does all the testing of anything that comes from your body really(yuk! and yes she would come home with gross stories that she loved to tell, lol) and looks at all the slides and stuff. Are you studying that kind of work?
    Remy

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Hi All....Looks like you all have been having alot of fun not having a swap :)

forensic pathologist? Just a wild guess. I know nothing about the medical field.

I have been hosting a ton of company this past week and a half. I am exhausted! I had 7 people staying over in addition to my own family. 3 of them were young kids. I did get to go visit my garden and take some pics though....

{{gwi:1259913}}

{{gwi:841469}}

{{gwi:1259914}}

That last one is in our pool deck area....need to add more containers and spruce these up some. Any suggestions?

-T

• llbean
    16 years ago

wow, Dirt wins again.

Yes I am studing to be a forensic nurse practitioner. Pretty cool.
    I think that at least the studies are so cool and maybe I will once Max gets in school be able to get back into the ER... Love it.

Hmm .. Yes Maryanne you can guess now your time out is over.

If I could grow or be just one kind of plant, what would I choose to be.. Not color not specific name, just class...
    and tell me why you think so..

beans

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I don't know the class, but I'll guess and say you'd be a vine. Most vines look very delicate & fragile...and produce flowers that are dainty & sweet...but they are really very tough and resilient boogers. Growing upward & clinging to whatever they can & need to to be able to reach the sky.
    You strike me as that kind of woman. :O)

Melissa

• llbean
    16 years ago

Hmm Melissa~ I'll give it to you.. But can anyone be more specific..?

It's my favorite.....

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

WOOO HOOO I've won....AGAIN! I like braclets and earrings. Dark blue,black & silver shades are my favorite.
    For the next question...I'll pick Clematis, because you seem to have ALOT of those on your list.
    Later....April/dirt

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Clematis?

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Never mind...April said that!! LOL! I need to read more carefully!! LOL
    How bout a Morning Glory?? :O)

Congrats, April!! You so totally rock at these games, girlfriend!!! Woo-Hoo!!1 :O)

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

April---Congratulations.....Another win.

Melissa-I bet you are right. I remember Laura liking clematis.

I will guess Dahlia.

Shirley

• llbean
    16 years ago

Yes, Bunny, it is clematis. The reason is youcan plant the tiniest roots. First year no show second year no show and then the third year Bam all the color, flowers and show just for being patient.
    The plant needs time to set roots so that it can grow stronger and provide a better top show. Which the top likes to shine yet the roots need to be shaded and hide in the background, so while the top growth is getting all the praise, it's really the roots who are the powerhouse.

ok one more for me.. I will be up forever a night making these.

here's an easy one.. If you have already won please let someone else have a chance.

My parents have been married for many years, and they were blessed with how many children?