Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pamperedavonchefof3

NEW: Gardner of the month

ok girls i thought about this and figured it would be simple for everyone. it will run april to april. need 11 members to sign up. i will make a list of likes and dislikes and wishes and a lil bout yourself and senf it out once we have 11 members we could even make it birthday member of the month and have some one from each month. my b-day is june if yall would like to dfo that.. post and let me know..

Jamie

Comments (150)

• canyonwind
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Good Morning,

I get a kick out of Tinkerbell...and her pixie dust!! Certainly would love to have some of that stuff!!! LOL!!!

Susan, what a lovely GOM box you sent to Deb...oh excuse me...I mean Miss April!!! Enjoy!!!

Have a great day!!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    16 years ago

Debbie,
    I mailed your box out today,the conformation #03070020000467500901. I hope you like what I picked for you. Lisa

• pamperedavonchefof3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

helloo:
    i want some pixie dust too. the 3 flowers would sure grow then...

favorite cooking tool or gadget?

mine would be a tie between my stand mixer and cooking
    stones...

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I have a few favorite gadgets that I can't live without! My chopper that dices onions so quickly, nuts, etc. And my cooking stones too! I use them all the time! Mine are a deep rich brown color from so much use!
    What would we do without our favorite gadgets?

Deb

• ollierose
    16 years ago

I absolutely love my bamboo cutting board! My mini chopper is great for small jobs and my gas stove regulates temperature wonderfully!

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I need a new cutting board! Hmm, I'll have to check the bamboo ones out. Thanks Ollie!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Lisa,
    Thanks for letting me know my box is on the way! I'm so excited and will post when it arrives. I still have to post a pic of my cute teacup pot that Susan sent me! I didn't have a chance yet to upload the pictures yet, hopefully I'll have more time tomorrow.

Deb

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Deb, sounds like you are having a fun month. We went to the mountains for the weekend and just got back, had a nice time. Can't wait to see what else Deb receives this month. I am so excited, May is just around the corner!

Have a good week everyone,
    Susan

• pamperedavonchefof3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Happy Monday everyone!!!

Hope all is doing well.... Here is the question for today...

What is your favorite vegie and maybe even share a recipe or how you cook it...

Mine would have to be asparagus and love it made like a green bean casserole just omit the green beans and substiute asparagus..yummy

Jamie

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Favorite veggie is broccoli(sp?) I like to make brocc salad,

Broccoli stems and florets chopped
    Red cabbage chopped fine
    yellow raisins
    carrots shredded
    onion chopped fine
    1/4 c olive oil
    2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 cup mayo or more if you like it.
    Mix everything together and chill before serving.

• mommymaureen
    16 years ago

Hey Deb!
    I sent your box out last Tues from Cali so hopefully you will get it soon. I can't believe I forgot to get a confirmation #! My little one was with me and grew impatient. lol I'll look forward to your post when you get it!

Maureen

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Hi Maureen,
    I'll let you know when the box arrives. I only received one box so far, from Susan.

Lisa,
    I'll post when your box arrives too. ;)

I'm excited!

Deb

• happyseed
    16 years ago

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around. Life gets crazy sometimes. I have your package ready to mail tomorrow. I will email the confirmation number when mailed. I am off to cover all the plants. It is suppose to be below freezing tonight. Take Care, Sonja

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

2 packages arrived.. One from Maureen, and the other from Lisa.

Let me share with you what I received..

Maureen's package~
    Bag of Gardenia potpourri
    Pouch of Iris foaming mineral bath
    2 glass votive cups
    Burgundy square candle, smells really good!
    5 Burgundy candle square/sticks
    seeds- sweet basil, Rainbow pepper mix, Mustard, California wonder pepper, Jackpot hybrid pepper, Parsley, Carrot.

Lisa's package~
    2 mini Seed Starter greenhouses
    Really neat bucket style tote to carry gardening supplies, I really LOVE this!
    Asiatic hybrid mixed Lilies (bulbs)
    Permanent marker, highlighter
    Floral pen set
    Gardening gloves
    Bubble lined envelope
    Photobook
    First Aid Anti-bacterial spray, I'm always getting hurt while gardening, and use this all the time!
    25 seed baggies
    Small notebook, index cards, sticky pad, perfect to write down ideas, plans!
    Permanent green marker
    Sticky notes that have "Debbie" on each page!
    Seeds- Green Envy Zinna, Cut flower mix, Burpee Heirloom Greenbeans, Zinna Thumbelina mixed, Petunia mixed, Nasturtium mixed, Heirloom Purple top Turnip, Heirloom Dill!

Wow, Lisa and Maureen you really sent such nice packages! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love everything, and really appreciate the thoughtfulness that goes into each package!

Hugs,
    Deb

• canyonwind
    16 years ago

Good Morning,

Have been out of town for the past week...so nice to be home!

Lisa and Maureen...lovely packages for Deb!!!!

Deb your package is flying out of here later today. I will post the DC # tonight or in the morning!

Happy Friday!!!

Annie

• mommymaureen
    16 years ago

Hi Deb!

I'm so relieved you got my package! I was starting to worry there. lol I'm glad you liked everything Miss April. Enjoy!

Maureen

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    16 years ago

Deb,
    I have been checking daily to see if you got my package! I'm glad it made it to you safe and sound and I hope you enjoy everything in it. Lisa

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Deb, looks like you are having a great month of surprises. As fun as it has been to see what your getting I am anxious for mine to start! Whooohoooo!

How is everyone's gardens and Spring going?

I have been bust re-landscaping and spreading mulch. My neighbors )a husband & wife gardening team) took me to a great garden center in VA today, I picked up a couple more perrenials to add to my beds. I got my new dahlia bed planted and we are putting in a bunch of veggie seeds this weekend. Our weather has been great after about a week of rain.

Talk with you all again soon,
    Susan

• canyonwind
    16 years ago

Good Morning,

Deb, your package was sent via USPS yesterday from Anaheim, CA (zip 92814).

The DC # is 0308 0070 0001 5862 9939...........

My garden is happy! Moving this and that around, planting this and that, tilling, mulching...always lots to do! My vegetable garden is tilled and ready to plant. However, I always wait until the end of April to put the plants in the ground!

Must run! Have a great weekend!

Annie

• happyseed
    16 years ago

Hi Deb, I have you for the birthday and another swap. I am getting the packages ready today and will mail on Monday on my way to work. I will post the confirmation numbers on Monday. Take care and I hope you enjoy them. Sonja

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Annie & Sonja,
    I'll let you know when the boxes arrive!

Thanks~
    Deb

• uncgardener
    16 years ago

Deb, the line at the post office was too long, so your package has been mailed Fedex. The tracking number is
    041259610082273. They said it should be there on weds. Hope you enjoy :) Kara

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Thanks Kara for the update~ I'll post when the box arrives.

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

Hi Deb!
    I popped your box into the mail today. Your confirmation # is 03070020000406950378..let me know when it gets there.
    Happy Gardener of the Month!
    Linda

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Annie's box arrived!
    Annie sent~
    Miracle Grow African violet fertilizer
    Victoria Secret body splash/Vanilla Lace Smells sooo good!
    Package of sharpie markers, I needed these!
    ~Seeds~
    Lavender Bergamot
    Nardello Sweet pepper/Heirloom
    Tomato/Zapotec pleated/rare (can't wait to plant quickly)
    M&M's, Cafe Latte candy!
    Foot works Avon
    Avon moisture therapy lip balm
    Acidanthera bulbs
    Memo pad set (really pretty) with a ceramic tile fridge magnet!

Thank you soooo much Annie, I love everything you sent!

I really am enjoying being Miss April so much! Thanks EVERYONE for making my month really special! All of the boxes have been the best!

Hugs,
    Deb

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Deb..Miss April,

Glad you liked!!!

There should have been a package of Rain Lilies (bulbs) in the box as well. If not...one of my German Shepherds ran off with it!!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!!

Annie

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Annie,
    Sorry I forgot to list the Rain Lilies/bulbs! They were in the package! The dogs didn't take them, LOL! ;) I can't wait to get these planted today, it's gorgeous outside 70* with rain later. Perfect weather for planting!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Kara sent a really nice gardening tote! Also a booklet about Growing & Using Lavender.

Seeds-Feverfew Virgo
    Anise Hyssop

Plant markers (I always need these)
    Cute handmade bracelet!

Thanks Kara for such a nice box!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Linda's package arrived too!
    Linda sent~

Seeds
    Borage
    Lavender
    Common Plantain
    Dill
    Common Tansy

Cute clay "Angel" pot w/saucer
    Jobes plant food spikes

Cute stained glass birdhouse suncatcher

Melon Candle

Wooden windchime (birdcage) with painted daisys, grass

page of stickers

Gardening gloves

3 cute magnets for the fridge!

Thanks Linda for such a nice package!

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I'm glad you liked it Deb. I had noticed in your info you had mentioned that you would like to start an herb garden this year, so I thought I'd help!

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi Deb, did you recieve the email with the two confirmation numbers? I hope you enjoy them. Sonja

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi Sonja,
    Yes, I did receive your email, thanks. ;)
    I'll post and update the thread as soon as it arrives.

My month went by so fast and is close to an end! I can't believe it's the 25th already! Where did the month go?

I need to update the thread, so Susan's month in May can begin. I almost have her box done! I'm sure Susan's excited!

Anyways, to wind down my month...
    I went through the list and have received 6 packages so far.

~Sent~

Susan
    Lisa
    Maureen
    Linda
    Annie
    Kara

Haven't received yet from~

Sonja (posted DC# in email) so it's on the way!
    Jamie
    momcat/Deb
    Scents from Heaven/Linda
    Ollierose/Diana

We should set a deadline for boxes mailed, or the swap will begin to have problems.

Thanks so much for all the gardening goodies!

Hugs to all!

Deb

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Happy Friday Morning,

Deb, thank goodness His Royal Higness Brutus GSD did not steal your Rain Lilies!!

Kara and Linda...great packages for Miss April!!

Enjoy the rest of your Birthday month Deb!!

Beautiful outside...am headed in that direction! Have a great weekend!!!!

Annie

• ollierose
    15 years ago

Hello all!

Deb - I'll be sending your package on Monday provided that I get the last couple of things ready for it over the weekend. You've gotten some really great packages - it makes me excited for my month to come! I'll be sure to post the confirmation number once I have it.

I've also included a link to my Photobucket page so you all can check out my pictures. There are some nice gardening ones on there in addition to our home renovations. Enjoy!

I'm on my way home from work now - I had a dump truck load full of top soil delivered today and it's time for a cold beer and some work in the yard!

Diana

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi All, I hope everyone is having a good spring. It seems as if ollierose is doing a lot of work!!! Your home and gardens look wonderful. I know how the renovation can get on your nerves. I have finally taken a two week vacation from work to work on the house and especially the gardens.

Deb, these packages sound wonderful. You have gotten some really nice things. I hope the packages arrive soon. As I stated in the email, the swaps are mixed in together basically. Items going in just didn't always fit the shape of where I was trying to get them in! (Oh, that was a mouthful) Our weather in Western North Carolina has been wonderful and now we are expecting rain for the next three days. I am hopeing that good food and future babysitting vouchers will get the kids to come over and help plant tonight. Lowes' is having huge sales on annuals and perennials. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Take care, Sonja

• susandonb
    15 years ago

WOOOHOOOOOO! It's almost May!

Sorry Deb didn't mean to jump into the middle of your parade, ok, I will contain myself now.......:)

Susan

• momcat
    15 years ago

Deb, your box is in the mail!! I hope you like it.

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

LOL@Susan,,gee..I wonder what's so great about May?.."blink..blink..blink"."G"

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Yeah, what's so special about May? LOL!

Sonja's package arrived last night. Our post man left it by the door, and I had no idea it was there! We went mailbox shopping yesterday, and went to several Lowes, Home Depots, Menards and finally found a nice box in bronze (metal). I can't wait to fill the bed around the mail box this week! I need some soil, new mulch first. ;) I'm usually go with annuals around the post each year, but am thinking more bulbs, perennials this year. I'm trying to make things easier!

On to Sonja's box... I hope I wrote everything down!

Red white dahlia
    2- African violets
    Peace lily
    Mesh bag with wooden handles
    labels/address

Seeds-
    Columbine
    Cupid's dart
    Spearmint
    Thyme
    Dill

Thank you so much Sonja for such a nice box! I love everything you sent!

Hugs,
    Deb

• happyseed
    15 years ago

I am glad you liked it. I was getting worried about the plants having to stay in the PO all weekend. I still am not quiet sure about how to send live plants. Take care, Sonja

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Deb's package arrived today. I'm not really sure what Deb sent, it was broken in many tiny pieces. It looked like an un-finished earthenware piece? It was definately made of soft clay and unfired. Deb, tell me more about it. ;)

Deb also included some seeds, lotion/body wash and jobe's fertilizer spikes. Also, a Lysimachia "Firecracker" and violet odorada start/plant.

Thanks Deb!

Deb

• momcat
    15 years ago

Oh, I am so sorry, it was a small hanging pot. I thought it was pretty, had some big daisies on the side, and that it would work nicely for a small African Violet type indoor plant. I thought the bubble wrap would be enough to protect it. I will have to find something else to send you to make up for the breakage. I hope you like the plants. The violets just appeared her last year, and have spread a bit. I had never had violets that were marked like that before with the dark purple veining on white flowers.

Again, my apologies, I thought my packing was sufficient. You know I had even contemplated looking up your address on google maps, and dropping it at your doorstep. I guess I should have done that.
    Deb

• ollierose
    15 years ago

Deb - I am running behind and truly apologize for that. I'm going shopping for the final items today and will mail it out on Thursday. I'm so sorry!

I promise to be better about it in the coming months!

Are you waiting on anyone else besides me?

Diana

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Diana,
    Thanks for letting me know my box will go out on Thursday. ;)
    I haven't received anything yet from Jamie (Pamperedavonchefof3), Linda (Scents_from_heaven).
    Has anyone heard from them lately?

3 boxes remaining and my month of April is over! Susan's waiting for her month to begin, which will officially start tomorrow! Yay Susan!

Does anyone know how the swaps going to work? Are we going to start a new month before the old one finishes out? Or are we waiting until all boxes are received and then start the new month? Also, we really need a box mailing deadline or the swaps really going to start having major problems.
    Any thoughts? Suggestions?
    Deb

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Hey all! I have finally planted all of the goodies I got from the plant swap I went to last weekend, the yard looks much less bare now.
    Deb, I think we should set the deadline for 2 or 3 days before the end of the month to ensure packages get there in time and then we can start the new month right away...sound like a good idea? Have a great day ladies!
    Kara

• ollierose
    15 years ago

Deb,

I emailed Jamie and Linda. I copied you on it, so hopefully all is well and we'll hear from them soon.

I think the deadline for mailing packages should be 4 days before the last day of the month. This will help account for Sunday's if something gets stuck at the PO.

Diana

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Morning/Good Afternoon,

RE: The package mailing deadline, 4 days before the end of the month sounds good to me!

Off to do more planting and mulching!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

Annie

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Diana,
    Thanks for contacting Jamie and Linda! If it's ok with everyone let's make the deadline the 25th. It's easier to remember, plus not everyone uses USPS priority. Many use first class and that can take up to 10 days.

Deb

• happyseed
    15 years ago

I really don't have a preference but the 25th sounds good. I am working on May's tonight with my grandson. There is no telling what is going to be in there!!!!!!!! Let me know the decision. Sonja

• ollierose
    15 years ago

The 25th it is - deadline to mail packages

Here are a couple of questions to get the posts going:

What is blooming in your yard right now?
    What new plant in your garden are you most excited about?

Blooming in my yard right now:
    Iris, geranium, asiatic lily, peony (almost), roses, gerbera daisy, bacopa, native violet, impatiens, pink clover.

I'm most excited about my new David Austin Celebration Tea Rose!

Happy Thursday everyone!
    Diana