Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
medontdo

UPDATE: mnf tulips found uranus fragrant lol :'}}

medontdo
16 years ago

{{gwi:1260091}}

ok since march was the month on the 13th that uranus was discovered (thank you tracy for showing me some march's link :')) i thought this would be cool!!

the RULES UGH!! all needed though,

1. you must be 18

2. must be a gw member

3. must have lots of fun!!

4. must if you have something on your mind, tell us!! so what if its all whiny, geez we all have whiny days!!

now for the other part, must be signed in by march 16th, that's everybody's right day!! :'))

**the colors are blue, red, orange, green, violet, yellow and white. those are the colors seen in the pics.

**This is a MUST what ever you send must be fragrant!!

**as the name suggests it can be at least 3 tulips (for the month of march) thats between you and your swap buddie!! LOL

but at least 3 of some sort of bulb :'))

**must be at least 1 set of bulbs (other than the tulips) :')) since no plants can be shipped now :'((

**there must be 3 packets of seeds from your partners wants lists.

**everything must be shipped by april 1st. confirmation would really be nice, it helps to make you feel safe and let you know that it got there safely!!

Have fun everyone!! Looking forward to having lots of fun with this!!

and pleas lets keep this "clean" :')) HEE HEE i know, it will be so very hard to do!! LOL

lets make lots of new friends everyone and don't be afraid to come in and say hi!! :'))

Comments (150)

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

thanks Becki! I'll keep an eye peeled out for it!

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ok, i'm sooooo bored right now!! but the good news!! we are gonna make some hummer feeders!! and my mommy is in!! YAY and she's gonna come out and visit tomarrow!! i'm really happy aobut that!! wouldn't ya know it, i had my house clean for 2 days, and talla threw up this morning, i told her, do not eat the batter, but ohhhhh noooo she had to eat the pancake batter!! dang kiddo!! LOL and so she got sick!! so that was that!! everyone was up early and talla and i fell back asleep on the couch, she slept like a baby in my arms, she said i slept soooooo good mommy!!! LOL with that great big ol smile, LOL funny kid!! i hope everyone's day went great!! the sun made it look like it was a great day out!! but really it never got above 47 here, too cold here!! brrrr. especially when your used to the 57's and 60's for a bit. then all of a sudden cold. (i think ma nature is just having that certain time of the month) LOL
    although it could be an april fools!! LOL

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

OHHHHH I laffed and laffed reading all of the new posts since I was here. No cornbread and chitlins for this group!! LOL Not that I really like chitlins anyway but ... It always surprises me when I realize the difference in tastes between the north and south. We love okra and fried green tomatoes too.
    Kathy - I do the same thing with the garlic powder and on fish too - gives it a lil extra taste. I cook my okra down a long time for my gumbos, either with a lil EVOO in a pan or even in the oven, to get rid of the slime. But it adds so much to a gumbo I hate to do one without it. Oh btw - you need to email me your addy so I can ship those vases to you - don't worry about shipping costs.

Frances - too funny!! Grits seem to be something only enjoyed by native southerners and not all of them either lol We love them but most northerners I know can't stand them. When we were young my mom would put a lil butter and a sprinkle of sugar and a touch of milk in them. Now I like them with just a lil butter. But I did hear recently that real (not instant) grits are a deterrent for ants lol and sweet tea - omg that is like manna from heaven, esp with a sprig of mint in it lol However I will admit that we have stopped doing the sweet as much b/c of the sugar and now do unsweetened regular or raspberry with lemon, maybe a lil splenda in it, except when my daughter comes and says mama pls make me some sweet tea - gotta do it :)

I tend to mostly cook Italian and cajun/creole. Not always the healthiest choices. But having grown up in New Orleans - food is not just subsistence its a social and personal pleasure lol And do I need to wonder why I need to lose weight? NOT! lol

Michele - hummer feeders are soo much fun - I love mine. Glad Talla is feeling better. Have a wonderful visit with your mom! Am excited about my box being on its way! Thank you!! Oh check your mail in a couple of days - I found something for you :)

Tracy - your box went out today I'll post the DC# prolly tomorrow its in the car and its raining right now. They said you should receive it within 2 - 3 days max. I hope you like it. This was my first RR and I had so much fun trying to figure out what to put in there. Hmm wonder if its grits and fatback??? lol No!

Hope everyone has a great night! Hugz Em

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ohhhhh goody!!!! :')) i can't wait!!! LOL Gumbo!! one day i'm gonna try it!! LOL its funny but i love hominy, but so far i don't like gritts, but i am gonna try it different ways. LOL i'm not northerner, kinda centraler, LOL but i tell ya, i HAVE to add my slap yo mama into EVERYTHING!!! my kids absolutely hate it!! talla goes OHHHHH NOOOO mom!! not again!!! LOL she's sooo funny!! right now she's mad at me cuz i'm making her right out of the bible, a verse a day. she don't like to write. some verses, just a little bit, LOL she's soooo mad!! she said MOMMMMM you KNOW i don't like to write!!!! i remind her that when she gets older that she will love to write!! all girls do!! :')

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ohhh man!! i have to move south!! well the say kudzu is banned here, but i've never seen it, although it might be what is growing down by the creek, i'll have to see, LOL any how i want some!! LOL
    man!! my hubby is toooo smart! he wanted to make sure i'd not mess with that dang ol dryer! he tightened them dang ol screws tight!! LOL sheesh!!! i'm half tempted to turn it over and do it, BUT its a darned stackable!! NEVER again!! not a one piece. nope!! we are tuff on stuff. yep, next i'm getting one like my moms, she has them new one's from lowes. front loader. ohhhhh i'm sooo in love with it!! LOL and uses very little water!! then slowly work on getting the dryer from there?? yep that sounds like a plan, cuz they are stackable. two pieces but stackable :')) LOL

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

KUDZU!! You actually WANT kudzu, Medo???? OMG...I knew you were a little loco...but wow, you surprise me!! LOL (j/k..big hugs!)
    I've got about a gazillion acres of the stuff. I'd gladly mail it to you if I thought that it wouldn't take over and smother the mailman before he got it to the PO. LOL
    Like a bad Twilight Zone episode. :O)

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

did you know its edible AND medicinal?? i just looked it up, but i figure if you cut it back every year, and prune it very good all the time and grow it like a morning glory it SHOULD be fine, BUT, ya know, i've been wrong befor!!! LOL i'm kinda curious how it tastes, LOL coming from someone who eats milkweed!! LOL the one with the pinkish flower. LOL

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Em! You better keep the grits and fatback but I would LOVE some cornbread! I have a soft spot in my belly for cornbread ya know! lol! I'm so excited, I can't wait! Big teaser! How are ya feelin? Any better today? Waving really big from up north and sending big hugs!!

Michele, I am busting a gut at you trying to break into the machinery. lol! Believe me he will fix that machine in no time since he is always needing fresh uniforms! Patience girl!

Bunny, giggling beyond control now at the kudzu attack of the mailman! Just imagining him being dragged down into miles of the stuff, raising his arms screaming for help. I think it would serve them right after the postal boogie has stomped on so many of our boxes! lol!

• shadymeadow
    16 years ago

Medont - Received a tracking email that your box was delivered to your post office this morning. Enjoy!

Sandy

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Fat back, grits, and tea with sugar? Cooked greens? forget the north, no one in the west would eat that either. Here "greens" are in your salad or wrap, and raw. Grits may be served as polenta in a pricy italian restruant, and iced tea is made with sweet-n-low or equal. Fat back? we don't eat pork in general, and nothing that has "fat" in the name, no lard or crisco either, it's all no trans-fat oils out here. I guess not to many raw-food vegan restruants in the south? Then again we put fish in our tacos, eat ceveche, and colliflower into our mashed potatoes for less carbs. Fried okra? unless it's stir fry, next to nothing is fried here (seriously I was offered leek rings instead of onion rings).

Actually leek rings aren't too bad.

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL OMG!!! LOL i tried the all cauliflower mashed taters, man the guys would NOT go for it, so this summer i'm gonna try the mix, a little at a time till its more and more!! LOL but, i like to add spices to mine!! LOL always gotta add spices!! WOO HOO Thank the Good Lord for Spices!!!! YAY!! :')) and thank becki for saying WOO HOO!! LOL

now for the best part of my day!!!! andits only morning!!! HEE HEE

my FANTASTIC box arrived this morning!! did i mention FANTASTIC?? LOL
    here is what i saw when i opened it!! Beautifully wrapped items!! beautifully crimped pink shredded paper!! LOL (how do you people have that knack??)
    so i slowly cuz i didn't want to ruin anything!!! LOL opened everything and i got:
    a box that when you open the lid it had seeds in it;
    dames rocket mixed colors
    butterfly garden mix
    cucumber straight 8
    broccoli calabrese
    carrot danverse half long
    cosmos single sensation mix colors
    alyssum maritimum tall sweet
    the box has a handle and on the lid it has "a friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be." How sweet!!!
    ok sooo not done!!! LOL
    a sooo cute card!! but it has a beautifull painting on the front by thomas kincaid,
    lilium oriental hybrid stargazer sweet fragrant bloom OMG i always wanted some of these oriental bulbs!! last year i almost saw some blooms and the dang pups ate the bloom off!! so i didnt get to see it!! ERRR!!! i watched them everyday!! LOL
    gladiolus oscar red very pretty!!
    tranquility aromatherapy mineral bath- how cool!!! :'))
    gardeners soap
    a easter bunny that smells sooooo good!!! and its purple- of course ummm who stole it??? LOL
    a beautifull little birdhouse windchime!!! Awesome!!!
    a littel bitty clay pot maybe 1-2" and it has a handle and no hole in the bottom and a cute tie on it!! guess where its going?? can you say fairy garden?? perfect for them to wash up or something, or drink. LOL
    and a beautiful candle holder OMGOODNESS and smell good candle!! i sooooo love!!!
    a dvd for gardening, the kids and i already have watched some of it, til caollu came on, and talla knew it was time, what a spoiled child he is!!! it seems like i'm forgetting something!!the wrapping was sooo awesome!!!
    thank you sooooo much!!! i will sooo learn from this!! you put a lot of thought into this, and feeling!! ((Many hugs))
    thank you so much!!!
    i'm horrible at getting rid of stuff! grant got me a basket filled with my fav avon stuff once and ya know to this day i still have all the little crimped paper and stuff, in a little baggie. that's the closest i'll ever come to being gifted in that area!! LOL HEE HEE

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Michele, what a wonderful box! I am so happy for you! Sandy, that was so great! What a beautiful box that was that you sent to Michele!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Wow!!! That is a Beautiful Box!!!! Sandy thats an awesome box you sent!!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

what a great box!!

• shadymeadow
    16 years ago

Well you girls sure know how to make my day!! Thank you so much for the compliments! Michele I am so thrilled you liked your box! I really enjoyed putting it together for you. I have a little box like the one I sent you and I keep all my seeds in it. Love having them all together in one place.

We finally got some sun today and it got up to a balmy 54 degrees. Hubby was able to mow the front forest (urr...lawn...LOL) and I spent the day trying to find my flower beds under all the weeds. I DO NOT work in the yard when it is cold and rainy and it always seems to take so long for spring to come to Washington. The yard is always such a mess by the time it finally warms up enough to get out to mow and weed.

Need to go rest up for awhile. Maybe I can talk hubby into going out for dinner tonight.

Later...Sandy

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i remember when we lived in wa. it was always rainy (it seemed like) and it was dreary, i hated the fog and the tecoma aroma!!! YUCK!!! the fog in the mornings was so bad sometimes i don't know how some people drove in it!! and soooooo cold, wet cold!!! not a ks cold, thats for sure!! we have a wet cold but not like that! LOL its funny but their humididty is not like ours either. its definately a different kind!! kiddo's are staying the night w nana, so hubby say's "you'll definately have enough time to clean the house tonight" as if that's what i want to do???!!! LOL

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

emily you should've got your box today. was it ok? i hope so :'>> the thingi said it was delivered today. although i feel kinda really bad now, LOL looking at this one. once ya post then i can tell ya the thing. LOL

• pamperedavonchefof3
    16 years ago

Ok Ladeis I din't leave yall. I have been out of town came in for one quick day then left again now back home for awhile now and boy do I have alot of catching up to do. And most of all i don't have my partners box out yet because i could get her addy does anyone have Mrs. Veejas addy? box is ready but no addy. THank you all for trying to get my addy for my partner to send my box and again i am so so sorry for the M.I.A.....Promise won't happen again becuase as soon as my avon bonus check gets here i'm buying a lap top....YAhhhhh Got a lot to do the rest of the week though. Dalton my oldest has a pageant Friday night so between selling ads for the program and getting tux fitted and finding me something since i have now reached the 18lbs mark on my weight loss my clothes are falling off.. yahhh and uggghhh i hate clothes shopping.. Love to buy my jewelry but not clothes.. i will hollar at everyone later after i get a good nights rest....

Jamie

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Michele - I did get my box, in a kinda round about way tho LOl mailman delivered when I wasn't home and left it at door, started raining and neighbor picked it up and then she left before I got home. She just brought it to me an hour or so ago. We've been working on taxes tonight - yukkkkk - so that's why I am just getting here. Its a GREAT box, I LOVE it!!!! I can't believe all the seeds you sent me - and g/f you know I needed them to try to get this yard up and blooming - ok I just counted them - 55 pkgs of seeds!!! I can't wait to start looking them up and deciding what to grow where. I know how much your seeds mean to you and am soo appreciative that you shared so much of what you love with me!! I havent had time yet to look through all of the seed names but Hosta caught my eye- wooohooo - you know I wanted those. I sure hope I don't kill them! I remember you saying the kids helped you pick out seeds for this - tell them I LOVE every single seed and that they put a great BIGGGG smile on my face and a lot of beauty in my yard. And the glad bulbs - I have the perfect place for. They are so very pretty when they bloom. I was looking at some the other day - and decided not to buy them - you musta been peeking over my shoulder! LOL i also have the perfect place for the fern - I am putting some in behind the azaleas in a dark, damp little spot against the house. It will have many friends there. The gloves are awesome - I sooooo needed them - and they fit! I have such long fingers and wide hands I was worried at first - but no - they fit like - hmm like a glove LOL Mine are about 3 years old and funnnnky! I do without them a lot of times. And since I do do that - the spray hand sanitizer was a great idea - I am so bad about just sticking my bare hands in mud and plants and what not - surprised I havent come down with some dreaded disease lol and you know I can always use the marker - esp now when I have to write out lil name tags for all these wonderful plants - THANK YOU!!!!! HUGGGGSSSSS Em.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

WOW great box Miss Em!!! Way to go Michelle!!!

I will email you Jamie, whooohooo girlie on your weight loss accomplishment!!! Have fun with Dalton at the Pageant!!!

Smiles and niters all,
    Pixie

• shadymeadow
    16 years ago

Medont - I have heard about the "Tacoma Aroma", that used to be generated from the paper mill. Luckily they fixed the problem before we moved here!!

We have beautiful summers, but yes, it is rainy and cold the rest of the year. We've lived here 10 years now and I'm still not used to it. I sometimes long for the weather we enjoyed when we lived in California. There we could work out in the yard just about all year 'round.

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

oh ya!! see i want to move to a place that has low to no humidity and basically the same say 70's-80's all year long no lower than 60's. that's what i'd love!! perfect growing place!! and a place that's not going to fall into the ocean or have earthquakes all the time. i'd like to live by the ocean or close to it, that'd be nice. thanks on the box!! the kiddo's had so much fun!! i think if they had it their way they woulda put all the seeds in there!! LOL (then mommy wouldn't ask them to help with seperating them!! LOL) HEE HEE
    no, i'm just kidding, they have this generous nature about them, LOL sometimes i think they'd give away the whole house if they could!! now talla, she's a little more reserved, she watches more. but when she's sure of something, WATCH OUT!!! she gives all!! its more of a forcefull nature though!! yep, don't know where she gets that from either!! LOL
    i used to hate that tacoma aroma!! oooh that'd stink something aweful!! we lived on pacific avenue, you could see that mt.raineer from our house just perfect, it was sooo neat!! sometimes we'd go to maybe puget sound?? i don't really know, but it had a running trail and it had a stump in the middle, and we'd act crazy!! and do the i have a dream speech from it, but of course we were little kids!! LOL and clam hunting!! LOL those were good times!! but i don't miss it at all :'((

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1260109}}

Wow! Emily that was a huge bunch of seeds! Holy Moly! You are going to have a wonderful garden with all of that! I was chuckling at your glove dilemma, I have big hands too and have the hardest time finding ladies gloves that fit, hubby's work gloves are too big and most of the gardening kind are too small! Sheesh, do they think all us women are little teeny tinies? LOL! Glad to see you got some good ones!

Michele, that was great! You are so smart too with the hand sanitizer. I can't tell you how many times I stop what I'm doing to run in the house while digging in the dirt. First stop is the sink to wash up! Such a smarty you are!

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

my box arrived!!! my box arrived!!! "dancing all around"...want to know what I got?..Huh? huh?...well...in my box was: a sugar cookie candle (Becki, how did you know that was my favorite candle?), lovely, lovely butterfly stickers, an awesome book of recipes w/a really cool spactula (saw the one in my drawer, didn't ya?)5 different kinds of flower seeds for butterflies that I didn't have (and wanted), gladiolus (which I was just checking out yesterday)dinnerplate dahlia "strawberry ice" (they sound good enough to eat!),2 peony plants (I have just the spot for them) and Ollioules tulips! Let me tell you, this is one excited gardner!!! Thanks so much Becki, I just loved everything!! "sending a big hug your way"

"going outside to move some rocks so I can plant"..YAH!!

Linda

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

WHOOOHOOO Linda!!! I am drooling over your box!!! YAY way to go Becki!!! Have fun in your garden Linda!!!

Everyone is sending and receiving such awesome boxes! I sooo want to see everyone's gardens this year after all the wonderful seeds and plants get going!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

Wow! Everyone really is getting some excellent boxes! This is sooooo much fun! It's as much fun seeing what everyone gets as it is putting together a wonderful surprise for your partner!!!

Kathy

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Tracy - I just checked the DC # and it says box arrived in Ohlmsted this morning - hope they get it to you today! FYI DC 0307 3330 0001 0108 2690

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Linda! Wow! I am mopping up my keyboard from all the slobber I drooled on it after seeing all the great goodies that Becki sent! Holy moly! OOOOOH peonies! I love them!

Becki, you are just the best! I think you are one of the sweetest with all the care you take in putting together amazing goodies for our friends! Mmmmm, that sugar cookie candle sounds totally delicious!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1260113}}

Em, I can't wait! So excited! Gonna jump on him when he shows up this afternoon! We are the last stop before quitting time. I don't think I can hold out that long! Ahhhhhhhhhh! lol!

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ohhh man!! those are soooommmmmeee nice boxes!!! :'))) WOW!!
    becki!! that's pretty cool!! i am sooo excited!! tracy!! get a po box!! 8 in the morning you can get your mail!! that's why we got ours!! its better than 3-4 in the afternoon!! i happen to know someone else is getting something else!! hmmmmm who is it??? its a totall surprise!!! who ohhhh who is it!!! LOL :'))

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Ok Ladies, I need ya'll's help, I have exhausted a friend trying to figure out what this plant is. I planted it last August from seeds that said "moonflower" I know its not a moon flower though. Its not a hibiscus. This morning the flower was pink and shriveling up (dying) Pleaseeeee help meee.

The bottom pic is from this morning and shows the leaves good.
    Thanks,
    Trina

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Pixie
    It looks a bit like a single Rose of Sharon to me. I tried to think of all of the flowers that get called 'moon flower' but that doesn't look like any of those.

frances

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I am really saying some prayers for the Mailmen and the UPS men that deliver to some rural areas hint hint!!! lol

Here is a picture of the seeds that that plant grew from...

Guesss what else..??? On the package of those seeds (I received them from a newbie seed swap last year) it says
    "White Moon Flower" trade and is from G.W. dirt-under-my-nails!!!! APRILLLLLLLLL do you know what this is?????

Smiles,
    Pixie

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, great, Linda! I'm so excited it reached you, and will work! Girls - she didn't tell you, but the tulips were pretty squishy, so I sent the peonies in case the tulips were no good. I just wanted to make sure I didn't short her! But, thank you for all the sweet words, girls!

You go jump on that mailman, Tracy! I'd love to see that!!

Becki

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

Becki,
    I went outside and moved a bunch of rocks..dug up the ground and added some compost "reminding self to tell compost story" and placed all the bubs but the peonies in the ground. Now all I have to do is watch and wait! I'm saving the candle for one of those nasty rainy, cloudy days and then I'm going to ahve some hot tea and light it..."still sniffing candle"

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Pixie~ I got those seeds from a trade.You know how people sometime add 'extras' They were marked Moonflower & there was a bunch of them. I didn't need them so I passed them on ...I wonder how many other 'newbies'are in the same boat?I remeber sending MANY of those for the newbie project.Sorry that I sent something that wasn't what it was supposed to be!Although those seeds in your photo look similar to the onee on the link for moonflowers.
    Later...
    April/dirt

Here is a link that might be useful: Moonflowers

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lol April I know, I was just giving you a hard time. I could tell from what the package said that they were from a trade. Heya don't be sorry, I love the plant and its flowers I am just stumped at what it is lol. Thanks for the link though. That newbie seed trade what the best thing I had ever done!!!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, I just got that jab, Pixie! Yep, the UPS man visited yesterday, and he was just the sweet guy he always is! He walked up and said, "What are you cooking today? You always seem to be cooking something!" I thought, darn, this guy knows me well! Anyway, I told him a loaf of bread earlier, but I was just planting then. He hadn't visited in several months, so it was nice to see him again! :)

Your flower is very pretty, by the way, even if it's not what you expected. I thought it was some sort of tropical hibiscus, but you said it's not, so maybe not. Whatever it is, it's a beauty!

Wow - you are FAST, Linda!!!

Hugs,
    Becki

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

EM! OH MY GOSH! You are the coolest! Thank you so so so so so so so so so so so MUCH! I love my box of goodies! You guys, Em is the sweetest girl ever! She is just amazing! She sent all of these really great plants that I have been talking about adding into our little forest along the walking path. I am so excited! There are Lily of the Valley and Leatherwood Ferns for the path.

Then she sent the most GORGEOUS Daffodil that I have ever seen! It is a fragrant Peruvian Daffodil ( I need to find a pic to post it because it is sooo amazing!), Bachelor's Buttons "Blue Boy" Seeds, Moonflower "Giant White" Seeds, Spearmint Seeds (all fragrant!), a mini Forget Me Not Planter and Seeds (too cute!) and a Egg Plant with a little pansy plant that will grow out of it (so sweet)!

Emily also sent some very special postcards of New Orleans, we have been chatting about how much I have always wanted to visit down there and was so sad after Katrina hit. She sent postcards of some of the Courtyard Scenes, Jackson Square, the Garden District, and most importantly Cafe Du Monde famous for it's cafe au lait and beignets! Mmmmm, yummmmmmmmmm! I keep staring at these pictures and wondering if I close my eyes and click my heals 3 times will I end up there? LOL! Or maybe a beignet will magically appear? lol!

There are some very cute little bear stickers that I love and a pretty tulip bookmark so I "never lose my place". She also included a cute Easter Egg Pot Holder for all my cooking and an Easter Egg Decorated Box that will be perfect for holding my seed packets!

Most special in the box was a wonderful note from Em. I will treasure everything you sent and think of you each time I pass by the blooms you sent or walk through our woods with all the wonderful touches you have added to our gardens. What a special person you are. Thank you!

Tracy

Peruvian Daffodil

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

well, grants been onto me about getting rid of all my seeds!! (rite now i don't like my ol man!! but i DO love him!! LOL) soooooo i'm taking ALLL, yes i said all of them with me, so between the "secret" package that will go out in a bit, Sorry about that, :'(( last minute for sure decision, my kiddo's made the mind up!! LOL they do alot of that for me, i swear!! LOL and my partner, i finally getting rid of all of them for my hubby. WELL i hope he will be happy!!! (i'm sooo sad!!!) there BETTER be something good in it for me, LOL (p.s. whisper mode here, i still have my swap stuff!! HEE HEE LOL) can't keep a good ol gal down!! LOL then when my gh gets up! don't even tell me ANYTHING!! i'll keep all my seeds just how i want them where i want them when i want them when i want them and i'm sure i'm missing something!! LOL its rainy so i can be cranky!! LOL :'))
    i'm supposed to be packing now, LOL but phooey on that right now, i'll start at 8 cuz that's when he'll get out of class and it'll take him 15 minutes to get home and then it'll take him longer to pack then me!! i just throw it in, and he has to be all neat, HELOO!!! its gonna get all messed up anyhow!! DUH!!!! geez!! (sorry to anyone who this may include!!! LOL) as right now i am picking on my hubby cuz he's been picking on me all day. errrr!!! and he's not here!! HEE HEE HEE HEE **onery grinn and laugh** i saw my sil her tummy is out there!! OMG!!! she just looks sooo cute!! hard to imagine next month, a little one!! with her and the other sil!! i wonder who will be first, they are both due a week apart, both first timers!! LOL so i figure that they will be two weeks early. they are both very good about what they eat. and non smokers. don't take any meds. very healthy and health concious. so this shall be interesting!!! LOL i think one is due the 17 of may and one is due the 21. at least both brothers get to go thru all the things together!! that's neat!! they call each other allt he time to talk about all the cool things about what their daughters are doing!! LOL so that's cool!!
    WOW tracy!! what a box!! that flower is sooo pretty!! i can't wait til you tell us how pretty it smells!! MMMMM imagining now!!
    that's such a great box em!! :')) everyone did so good so far!! :')) so far that's told us about what all is in their boxes !! LOL
    i bet i know where tracy will be spending most of her time!! :')) what did the pm think when ya jumped on him??? LOL or did ya chicken out?? bwak bwak LOL **big chuckle**

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

WOW I am drooling again!!! What a beautiful Daffy!!!! MMM just thinking of Cafe Du Monde makes me want a hot cup of coffee and a beignet!!! I love that place!!!! Thats a great box Tracy!!! Miss Em you are a sweetheart!!!!

I am going to get back outback and at least act like I am busy when fox drives up lol, I think he's on his way home but not sure lol.

Pixie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Michele, I scared the poop out of him! lol! He backed up our driveway and I walked around the side of his little truck to the driver side door. He was busy grabbing the box and sorting the envelopes, he had the radio blaring and didn't hear me come up on him. I said I'll take that! He jumped out of his skin! lol! He had a huge smile on his face and was laughing at me not waiting for him to get out. lol! Poor guy, nearly gave him a heart attack. So, I didn't quite jump on him but I wasn't sitting inside waiting patiently either! lol!

This daff is so pretty, the pic I posted doesn't do it justice. The ones on the label are so much nicer. I can't wait to find out what it smells like. I will have to rub some on a post card when they fade and mail it to you, Medo! A scratch and sniff postcard for you! lol!

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i cant wait!!
    i could just imagine his face!! LOL HEE HEE :'))
    you shoulda seen the ups guys when we were luggin in our huge boxes!! theyy were just looking at us!! i don't think they could imagine how in the world i could get the ol man to do that on a rainy day like this!! LOL and to boot him carrying the BIG one!! LOL HEE HEE i sosoo cherish him!! i really do!! even though sometimes it don't sound like it!!

pixie!! you sound like me!! sometimes i used to act like i was cleaning the house when grant was comeing home, now i don't even bother!! LOL poor guy!! LOL

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Tracy - am so glad you like your box - I had so much fun figuring out what to include. That poor mailman LOL I loved that daff when I saw it - it is so unique - I love things that are "different" and lucky me - it was fragrant so I could use it for your box. I'm glad you liked it. Hope the smell is heavenly. LOL@the scratch-n-sniff postcard.

Pixie - thank you. Yea Cafe Du Monde sounds good right about now. What part of Texas are you in you again. I am sure you told me - but ahhh oldtimers setting in lol

Michele - have a great time! Wow - two new nieces within a week - thats awesome - congrats to all! :)

Ok back out to my seeds - be back later.
    Em

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Miss Em, I live just west of Houston, in Katy. (just off of I-10. I go straight west to 12 to bypass N.O. enroute to Florida or take 10 the scenic route if its daytime lol.) I have been to N.O. several times and have a friend that lives in an old plantation in hmmm mind blank now, just on the other side of the causeway. GRRR I hate it when I lose what I am thinking!!!! I have several friends that live in Lafayette and New Iberia also.

Ok I just taught Mud how to bring a ball back to me lol, Rebs will just play with the ball and toss it around keeping it from me. I had to come inside because the mosquitos are growing fat on OFF!!!! I KNOW I have a 1/2" layer of the stuff on me now but they don't mind sheesh!!!

Fox is about an hour away from his shop so he should be home in about 2.5 hours. I got all the chores done and have the house cooling for him now lol.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

did ya know, if you have a certain skin type, the skiters love to bite ya, also if ya are wearing any fruity type of perfume or body colognes or smells they will bite, AND if you eat banana's they will bite, there's a few others, but at the very moment i just don't remember them. LOL but i'd plant some lemon grass around your porch or some citrus smelling stuff. they don't like lemon grass. or mints or lavender. hugs :'))

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Thanks Michelle, I don't have any of those seeds except for mints and lavender but they are still just babies cept for my choco. mint. I will definately get some lemon grass and citrus smelling plants. My lemon tree is still trying to live and its about 3/4 yrs old but has been really neglected until the past 12 months so that won't work lol. I don't eat bananas alot, and not wearing any type of perfume so I must just have that certain skin type that they love. They don't bite Alan or Fox dangie!!!

You have a safe and fun journey Michelle and enjoy yourself!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

your welcome!! we will try!! :'>> i have to behave!! :'>> and you girlie's behave!! LOL dont' do anything i wouldn't do!! hmmm that don't leave much!! LOL that is of onryness!!! LOL :'>>

• shadymeadow
    16 years ago

HURRAY!! HURRAY!! MY BOX CAME TODAY! Deb, thank you so much! I love everything! WOW, what a great box she sent!!

Stargazer Lily Bulbs -
    I have to tell you about this. I bought some to send in Michele's box and I wanted to get some for me, but decided to be good, so I didn't. Well guess what, Deb sent some in my box!! I'm so excited - can't wait to get them planted. Thank you, Deb!

"Bernini" Oriental Lily Bulbs - I love lilies!

Seeds - (I have some starter paks that these are going into):
    African Daisy - yellow, orange & apricot
    Sweet Pea American
    Dahlia Mix
    White Cleome
    Pink Columbine

White Candle & Holder - that is going in my bathroom

Pink Gardening Gloves - such a pretty color and I really needed these!

Deb, everything you picked was just perfect! Thank you so very, very much.

Sandy

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WOW deb!! what a nice box to send!! i know you are gonna love to plant them sandy!! :'))
    when i went to go get em's gloves they had mostly little ones, then i was thinking well my hands are bigger, and what if she's like me and likes them looser?? hmm so i tried a bunch of different gloves on, and then i found a pair i thought were cool, and grabbed some, LOL and was just praying that she didn';t have dainty hands!! LOL :')) candles are always sooo nice to have!! :')) ohhh man this is gonna be close!! last time i put one at the 149 mark we went to 151 LOL i found this thing i'll post the link its way cool!! if ya like hummerbirds, you'll love this!! the video is sooo cool, she's feeding them out of her hand! well the flower is in her hand and the nector is in her hand. how awesome!!! LOL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9uxYy_Na3w
    i have to call my brother later and tell him to put vinegar on his poison ivy, it seems he's got it bad, he also got bit by a brown recluse maybe. his skin is black and has a hole. they called my mom and she talked to beth last night. i missed his call the other night. Errr!!! i really do need to keep in touch w my brothers more often! instead of just when i hear something aweful. i remember when it used to be a sunday thing, call everyone and talk and see whats been going on, geez now we just go about life and thats it. i'm trying to wait cuz he's in oregon and he's two hrs behind us. LOL lots of love!! hugs :')) hope everyone has a great day :')