Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

UPDATE: Birthday Bash Group April Month

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

The Birthday Girl IS.........KYM!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH KYM!!!!

REMEMBER PLEASE DO NOT SEND TO KYM UNTIL AFTER THE 15TH!!!

Happy Birthday KYM!

:) Fran

Comments (96)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow Bunny, wish I could spare some funds this month I would let you go shopping for me! Darn it, that is how it always is, can't have money when great sales are going and have enough to spare when there isn't anything good to get LOL.

Story of my life I say! Well I need to be outside I have a lot to do today....yeah...as always! LOL. So much to do, not enough time to do it in but man it is actually HOT out today!

Bunny, again, I am so tickled with the daylilies. I can't wait to see these and the others I got blooming! it will be so nice! Thanks again sweets!

Kym I looked up that canna that Nikki sent you and WOW, OMG it is totally gorgeous! Have you looked it up? If you haven't you should it is DREAMY!!!!

Nikki WOW, that was a great one to send! I am drooling over it!

Ok, off to go do something productive...not that this isn't but WELL, nothing else is getting done LOL.

Later Ladies...

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello All;
    I shipped Kym's box today, I wanted to do it yesterday but that did not happen so I rushed to the PO near my house that usually processes things quickly. I waited for them to open. I was hoping that it might get to her tomorrow since she is not that far away. The DC is 0103 8555 7496 7975 1842. I just checked now and instead of sending it south to Portsmouth, NH like they used to, they are now sending it north to Scarborough so rather than getting closer, it is getting further away. You probably will not get it until Monday, sorry Kym.
    Second note is that when I returned home I found the baggie that contained all the seeds that were supposed to be in your box. So they are in a separate envie which I will mail tomorrow. Old age is a terrible thing.
    I had a great day today, I met up with an old friend who moved to Utah and was back for a wedding. We connected with many of her friends at an outdoor restaurant on the ocean in Cape Elizabeth. The sun was warm and when the breeze subsided it was warm enough for shirt sleeves. The restaurant is very fancy (?) appropriately named "The Lobster Shack". You order your meal, get a number, sit outside at a picnic table until they call your number, pick up your food on the finest plastic trays with high quality paper products and return to your table. The one nice thing is they allow you to bring wine, so we did. We sat until almost 3:30 out in the fresh air nursing our wine. It ended up being myself and one of my best friends alone, solving all the worlds problems when she had a real stroke of luck!! She was christened by a seagull. She did not readily see the luck in this event but I assured her it was supposed to be fortunate. I personally felt very fortunate that the seagull preferred her to me.
    It was pretty yucky!! Right on top of her head and she did not have a hat on.
    I am sure she is telling a different story but there is some humor in it.
    I returned home, DH went out for a pizza for dinner and the boatyard dropped the boat off. We just paid lots of money to have a flush toilet put in it. It used to have a porta-potty set up but that did not work properly and I was tired of having a head on the boat that did not work. DH finally understood he would have no peace until I had a working toilet. MEN.
    I cannot wait to try it!! Anyway, we are supposed to have really warm weather tomorrow. They are saying 80's but I know it will not get that warm here on the coast. Still 70's is great for April.
    Have a great weekend everyone. I plan on it.
    diene

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sounds like you had loads of fun diene. It was and still is just plain hot here now, it went from to chilly to get out to HOTTER then a red hot poker over a period of hours!
    I would have liked some nice cool spring like weather.
    Oh well, can't change ma nature and I don't think I am going anywhere anytime soon so I guess I just better put on a grin and bare it!

I did get the fishes out of the holding tank today to clean it out, but I forgot to clean it out....and my plants are sitting out in the hot so I need to get up early in the AM to get that finished so my plants don't fry...

There is never enough time in the day to do what needs to be done....and it is too hot to go to bed at the moment so I am just not a happy camper!

Oh well, I am grinning and I am NOT bareing it well.

• galium
    15 years ago

Kym-Your box will definitely go out on Monday. I'm so sorry it's so late. It rained for about 4 days last week and the ground was saturated. Not good for digging up plants. I also have to pick up something for you which I'll be doing Monday morning.

My sister and her DH are here they are staying at a local hotel and we had dinner with them last night. My cousin is having a big memorial and family reunion today. This is for her mom, my aunt, who passed away about 2 months ago. I'm looking forward to seeing relatives I haven't seen in years.

I keep saying this and it's so true. None of the garden centers or nurseries ever have sales here. I think they'd rather throw the plants out. I worked for a local nursery and that's what we did.
    Have a great day everyone,
    Mariann

• diene
    15 years ago

Good Morning All;
    I have already communicated with Fran so she will not be surprised by this message. I have decided to back out of this swap provided Fran can find a replacement. Fran says she has several people who had expressed interest and does not believe it will be a problem.
    I really cannot explain my decision except to say it feels like the right thing for me to do, provided there is a replacement.
    Those of you who have already received boxes, do not worry about reciprocating, it is never really about the boxes with me. It is about the fun and camaraderie (sp?). Please send your boxes to the person who replaces me.
    I will probably still be lurking and will stay committed until I am replaced.
    The weather this weekend was supposed to be wonderful but the sun has disappeared already today so I am a bit leery.
    Have a great weekend.
    diene

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Good morning everyone! I am so excited because I think I may be able to spend the day planting out and working in the yard.
    Diene, I am so sorry to hear that you feel you need to get out of our little group. I have enjoyed getting to know you and have been looking forward to being able to make your birthday month special but I understand and know you have your reasons. Funny story about your friend getting "surprised". I cracked up:)
    Mariann, Enjoy the time with family. I know it will be special! We had weeks of off and on rain here too. I think this is the first first rain free weekend we've had in over a month. My Dh is out there right now emptying the rain barrel on some very appreciative plants:)
    Bunny, WOW what a sale! My birthday is next month... and lavender is my favorite... and I'm starting a vegetable garden.... (grin)
    Fran, I'm glad you can appreciate the Canna Phaison. It really is special. I'm not all that crazy about cannas - sometimes the foliage can be a mess but I LOVE that one. I got another nice one in the adopt a newbie swap from Patti: Rosemond Coles. It's a bulb right now but those things take off pretty quick. How are you?
    Kym, It's nice to see you around some. I have missed you:) I hope your birthday month is filled with blooms and blessings!
    Well I see my dh is fighting with a hose so I better go and rescue him... Nik

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

diene, I have not gotten to talk to either of the people that expressed interest in the swap. I hope to over the weekend. Again, I want to tell you openly that you do not have to wait for a replacement if you feel this is what is best for you. I don't want anyone to feel they have to stay in if they are not happy in the group for whatever reason. It is not good for anyone to feel as though they are pressured into staying, and I feel like that might be how you would feel and I wouldn't want that. I wouldn't want anyone to feel like I am making them do something they are not happy doing.
    So that being said, you are under no obligation to stay. I appreciate your participation to this point.

If at this time there is anyone else who is not happy and feel like they have to stay and do not want to please let me know. I do not want anyone to feel like they had to stay, although I would appreicate your participation until the swap is finished! BUT, things arise that can not be controlled and I understand this. So please email me and we will talk. Thanks. (KYM, you are NOT included you have to stay...;) hehe, LOVE YAH!)

Nikki, I am not really a canna person either BUT I do like the more unusual ones. The ones with patterned leaves or off color things like that.
    I am not into the plain green leaf that blooms yellow, red, or orange LOL.
    I am not an iris person either EXCEPT, the ones with the more interesting blooms. Those really frilly ones, or two-toned blooms now those are pretty and if they are rebloomers they are great and I like those.
    I am the same way about daylilies sort of, I love the blooms on most of them BUT I perfer the ones that rebloom. However, with daylilies I am sort of attached to them and will get them even if they are not rebloomers. Other stuff I am not that tolerant of LOL.

Mariann, I addressed you on the Cracked Pots thread but I will say again, I am glad you are getting to see your family. My family never gets together. We stopped after my grandma passed away. It is sad really, but things that are the way they are can not be changed I guess.
    I can not believe nothing ever goes on sale there, that is just sad. I think it is a pity a company would rather waste something then to mark it down. BUT I KNOW why they don't, because they figure everyone will wait on the sale and then buy and they lose profit so bottom line is to keep it high and maybe not sell all of it!

Melissa, I am not sure exactly when your box arrived. now BUT I figured they would bring the box to me, you know like to my DRIVEWAY well they didn't they stuck it in the BOX because we got one of the larger boxes so those smaller boxes will fit in the mailbox and it never DAWNED on me it might be IN the mailbox...
    I am thinking the box was in there all day and got too hot because some of the foliage had started to turn yellow! and I thought oh NO, they got too hot in the mailbox all day....poor little babies.
    I was going to straight plant then but since I thought about it and the fact they had been in the mailbox even if it was there just all day I decided to put them in water first then I will plant them I don't want them to go into shock...so I think a water stay is the best for them.
    I am going to let them sit in water until we have either over cast days OR we get another rainy day which was posed to be this weekend BUT since the sun is out blaring down today I am not so sure.
    BUT I have left daylilies in water for a while and they seem to love it....so that is where these babies will be becasue Mama Fran wants to make sure these beauties make it!

Here is a list of what Miss Bunny sent so you all can ohhh and ahh over them, ready? (these are truly beauties REALLY!)
    Chocolate Mocha (WELL of COURSE I HAD to have it, it has CHO. AND Mocha in the name!)
    Pixie Beauty (well there are many reasons I wanted this one!)
    Raspberry Pixie (again many reasons look at the NAME lol)
    Strawberry Hill (I am trying to get food named plant and I love Strawberry anything lol)
    Puddin(again it is a food name ;)hehe)
    Bugs Hugs
    And a lone Iris, Bunny how did this end up in there? LOL, I like it though it is a WILD flowered one! NICE!!!
    Bewilder Beast

OK well guess since it is still hot outside I am going to do some more seeds in the baggie method!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Glad you are enjoying them, Mama Fran. I think the DL's will be fine- you can pretty much microwave the suckers, and they will STILL survive. LOL Don't ask me how I know that. :O)
    The iris~ well, it needed divided. And was right next to Pixie Beauty. I'm going to have TONS of iris to divide this fall. Most needed it last year, but since I couldn't even see my feet then, it was nearly impossible to do any *real* gardening.

And I, for one, love cannas! Hubby likes them even more. I usually am not one for the tropical looking things, and cannas sort of are, to me. But I like them for some reason. I've only got an orange one, but I really enjoy it. I'd love to find a variegated one at some point. And a red one. And do they make pink?? LOL!

Nik~ Hmmmm....seems like I *might* have found some lavender with your name on it..... My memory is failing right now.....LOL! I read your info sheet before heading out on Friday.....And that's all I will say about that. ;O) You'll just have to wait and see what the Bunny brings you. Have you been a good girl??

Diene~ I'm sorry to have you leave us! :O( But we've enjoyed having you as much as we have. I hope you know that.

Off to find something to do. Yay!

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

I just wanted to add to Fran's post and say that we really don't have to add anyone else. Our group is established and we are already 1/2 way through so I for one say let's just leave things as is after Diene leaves - After all, I think that we all agree that Diene is IRREPLACABLE!! Did I spell that right? We love you Diene:) Nik

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Amen, Nik!
    I couldn't agree more! :O)

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Good evening everyone !!

Diene, I too have thought of leavin the swap with all my physical limitations it makes some days harder to "do my part" in the swap...so I understand, sure wish you would reconsider tho. Also, thanks so much for sending to me, even when you were leaving the group.

PLEASE dont worry about sending to me late, Marianne...as I DID ask for the boxes to be late. I will LOVE them anytime !

Bunny, I wish we had sales LIKE THAT here ! WOW, that is some deals !!

We went to a nursery today, my fav, and the man that owns it ALWAYS comes and tells me what is new this season, etc etc...SOOOO, I just HAD to get a few before they were all gone. I bought several things for Krystal and I's new (started last season) mini garden. We are going to make decorations to put inside of it...they had the most adorable mini begonia...and some succulents. I also got a varigated flowering maple, and some humming bird plants, I AM GONNA SEE THEM THIS SEASON, I JUST KNOW IT....LOL

Fran, your not getting my canna, nope, no way, no how...LMAO. I bet you will be askin in the fall for seeds, or a peice huh ? LOL

Those daylilies will be fine...I had some lay in the GH out of a pot all winter, and they are still growing...LOL Bunny, microwave them ???? is there a story behind that ? LOL

Nikki, thanks for missing me...it means alot ! I sent ya an email. How did the slumber party go ?

Diene, it sounds like you had a great time seeing your friend, I am soo glad !! I was able to see two old friends on my trip, and that was the best part of going !! That is so funny about your friend getting christianed by the gulls...they sure are good at that !! They said 80 for the inland here, and 70s for the coast ..the water is only 40 degrees, so they said it will keep our temps down. It sure was NICE today !! Im also glad to hear you have a working potty, not so much fun the other way ! MEn have it easy...LOL

We were able to work outside a bit today....well, ok hubby did and I made sure he was pulling WEEDS and not my PLANTS...LOL He seems to think they are all weeds, MEN !
    SOO the biggest bed has been weeded, a LOT more to go.

Ok, sorry this is jumbled and I rambled....I just wanted to say HI, and thank you ALL for making this such a wonderful bday this year for me.

Fran, did ya sow them seeds YET ???? HUH HUH DID YA ????

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes Bunny they come in pink, and white too.
    The link below is a link to a pink one! LOL, but I don't think you would want to spend that much money on a pink one.

Yes, Kym I have been starting seeds. I did 12 more packs yesterday and 18 today I guess since I am on here I will not get more done tonight LOL.

I worked a little outside today and I had to water stuff.
    I have so much that needs to be done, I feel like we are nver going to get it done. It is getting done very little at a time. Now that it is hot it will be even slower. It sucks.

Well at any rate I guess I should find something constructive to do.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink Canna

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Oh, Now Mama Fran.....THAT was cruel....
    Why, oh, why would you show me that??
    Now I want one.
    :O(
    *pout*

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bunny girl, let me see what I can do about finding you one. Don't pout to much. Hey you just asked IF they come in that color, I wanted to show you YES they do LOL. SORRY.
    It will be fine, remember how much THAT one cost. It is NOT worth it. They can be found a lot cheaper then that.

So how is everyone's weekend? Mine is HOT. I did get all my new plants I went shopping for in pots, I decided it was better to put them in pots and wait until my new flowerbed is ready. I didn't want to chance losing any, maybe they will start growing well and then when I put them in their new home they will continue to grow well.
    I thought I had a lot more then what I have but oh well. I have seeds started too so those will fill in the spot pretty well too.
    I can't wait to get the yard did up like I HOPE I can. I think it will look SOOO good. There is a corner of the front yard it is the very front front I am wanting to put in a shade garden I have been watching it and there is a LARGE oak tree up there and it is pretty shaded so I think it would be a prefect spot for that!

I still haven't gotten all the hosta in the new hosta bed yet but it is coming along well though. Maybe I will get it finished soon. It is smaller then I had hoped it would be, but we had to work around a pipe and he told me he would extend it so I can plant around it too.
    Hopefully that will get done soon too so I can extend the bed it will give me about 15 extra square feet and as you know every little bit helps! LOL.

OK well once again I have rambled, oh and KYM, I DID get more seeds in baggies last night lol. I did 22 more after I talked to you so that was 41 total for yesterday, 18 the other day and 51 for Earth Day...yeap I am gonna have a LOT of plantin' to do if all these make it LOL.

OK, NOW I am gonna go check on the other threads!
    Enjoy your Sunday, what is left of it that is.

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

I just wanted to pop on and ask if everyone enjoy the GREAT weather as much as DID today !!

My dad took me to a flea market..and I got a few good deals. Two bird houses (new) for $1 a peice. Two window boxes (new and in the box) I got BOTH for $1, cant buy the wood for 50 cents, ya know ! I also picked up an OLD feed can, and watering can. I also bought a YUMMIE watermelon, that we enjoyed with our dinner off the grill tonight.

Hubby also tore out the pond today, what is with men and having to keep redoing the ponds ??? UGHHH !

I was surprised to see some of the wintersowing as HIGH as the containers today also. I will go out tomorrow and remove the rest of the TOPS.

Ohhh, and I started 18 containers of annual on Earth day, AND have 8 full of sprouts ALREADY !

Soooo, what did you do today ?? How is your garden ?

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I worked outside a lot today Kym, I wish I had gotten more done but there is only so much one person can do BUT I am working on it and that is what matters.
    I have so many ideas for flowerbeds and I want to get all of them started an it just isn't possible. It irks me that I can't get anything done because this needs THAT and THAT needs something else everything that needs to be done needs something else to start it or finish it and we can't get ANY of it done at the moment because of this or that!
    I will be glad when things come together and works out. I can't wait to get all these new beds in, it will look so different here.

OK well I need to get off here, I have been writing this for an hour, got sidetracked talking to KYM! LOL.
    Later everyone!

Night,

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Dienes box came as my dad was helping me take my tops off, OF MY jugs....ah...WINTER SOWING BUNNY !! LOL

We cleaned up the porch, and it doesnt look like a pot ghetto anymore, I hid them a bit, and cleaned up and we can actually EAT on the table again. (outside, inside is still covered..ha ha)

Soo, I came in to take a break, since I couldnt wait to see what was inside.

Diene, sent me many PLANTS, and I really need them, it takes soo long to get the beds to look like something.

Ok, so....Here is what Diene sent..and It really is too bad your wanting to leave our group.

There was a flower vase with chinese writing, and flowers (one small flower is off, but I am sure I can super glue it) My daughter is always getting flowers from boys, so it will get much use.

A bag of candy, and JUST when I finished the eggs from Bunny. It has York Peppermint candies, and Pecan Torte with choc...I guess I wont be going for any blood tests this week.LMAO (shhh, dont tell...LOL)

Ok, I have to say I was tickled to get the sand dollars. I looked ALL over Florida, and only found broken ones on the beaches. Diene, are they from the shore there ?

Also, there was a refrig pad of paper, hand cream that is herbal, a cute stain glassed Iris plant marker.

And for the plants, there was.... Hosta, Iris, Sib. Iris, Spirea (which I wanted to buy yesterday and didnt, so glad I waited !) bleeding heart and a daylilly I beleive. Diene, I have to email u about the one, not sure how to grow, or what it is.

Thanks so much for sending, esp since you planned on leaving us. Kinda makes me feel bad, accepting your gifts. I do appreciate you takin the time.

Thanks again to you ALL, It has really made this year extra special. It is so nice out, I am gonna go see if Dad will plant the plants from Nikki and Diene in the garden for me.

Hugs and much thanks

Kym

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Great box from Diene, Kym! :O) Of course, she ALWAYS sends great boxes.
    And no more taking your top off outside, young lady! LOL!

I just posted all my daylily & iris on Craigslist. I'm trying to find clothes for my girls, so I am hoping someone will want to trade some clothes for some flowers. We'll see. :O)
    I have the HARDEST time finding clothes for them. Lili has nothing over a 3 months size, and those are getting small (finally!). We gave away EVERYTHING after Adora grew out of it, since we *thought* we were finished. lOL
    Adora doesn't get hand-me-downs from Aubeni, because she is SO tom-boy that nothing is spared from holes or stains. And I do mean NOTHING. The girl can ruin a dress at church, for heaven's sake! LOL
    And Aubeni...well, I haven't bought anything new for HER since she was 2. It's just been stuff from Freecycle, since she goes through them so quickly.
    ANYWAY...I've been looking for 2 months now, and haven't had any luck. Figured I'd "barter" on craigslist for some.
    Wish me luck!! :O)

• galium
    15 years ago

Kym-Your box is racing to the PO as I write via DH! He and I took a side trip to Well-Sweep Herb Farm this morning. Just to add one extra item to your box. It's heavy so don't strain yourself.LOL
    DC# 01038555 7497 1361 3273

diene-Sorry you're leaving. Hope all is well with you.

I'm trying to catch up but I've been so busy. The memorial for my aunt was really great. My cousin's DH set up a slide show via his computer. What a wiz he is. I couldn't believe some of the pictures of me as a little one and as I grew older. Those family pictures brought back so many memories. Afterward we went to my cousins house for a family party and dinner. A great time was had by all. There was a time when I had 23 cousins on my mom's side. I can't believe so many of them are gone. Fran-my mom's family stopped getting together after my grandparents passed too. I tried to stay in touch as much as possible. Actually I've stayed in touch with everyone who was there on Saturday. My last surviving aunt was there, she's 90!!! DH and I had breakfast with my sister and her DH Sunday morning before they left. Then off to feed daughter's cats while she's in Florida. Her DH's grandmother passed away on Thursday. One of my cousins and I are getting together on Wednesday while she's still up here. Looking forward to more reunion time.

I know I've missed everyone here. I promise to catch up!
    Hugs to all
    Mariann

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Bunny, my little girl is too big, or Id offer you her clothes. Have you tried a looking for post on freecycle, I always see a great response on there when people need kids clothes.

Marianne, WOW, thanks so much ! I have never heard of the farm..I will make sure dad picks up the box..LOL It sounds like you had a great time with your family, and what better way to celebrate someones life. I hope you have a good visit on Weds.

I have a friend with a summer home on the shore In NJ..I may be going there this summer, maybe if your nearby we can meet.

Ok, Well, Im tired from having to take my top off today, haha, so I am off to rest. Have a wonderful tuesday, my kids are off school, so we have a full day planned.

Always

Kym

• diene
    15 years ago

Hey Kym;
    The daylily is Barbara Mitchell which is a really nice one and very prolific. It blooms for me for months and expands rapidly. Your seeds are still sitting on the counter in an envelope. Yes the sanddollars came from the beach here. This is the time of year they show up usually. The boat came home on Friday night and that has interfered with many things. I am getting cranky as the weather has definitely been gardening weather and I have not been able to spend much time in the garden.
    HNB- I have a friend who has a one year old daughter and I am sure she is not having anymore. I will ask her what she is doing with Bella's clothes.
    I am really feeling badly about dropping out but this was becoming more of a chore than a joy. Sorry guys.
    It may just be a phase I am going through but I cannot help it.
    diene

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi all! Diene, that was a great box you sent Kym. I'm sorry to hear that things are becoming more of a chore for you. Take some time and find that joy - maybe with the boat home (is the new rr in?), you can spend some time in the garden. That daylily sounds pretty, Kym. You are going to have to show us pics when it blooms.
    Bunny, Sarah Kate is outgrowing size currently. I can look and see if she has anything if you have anyone who fits that size. Please let me know your sizes. I have tons of friends with little girls and we are always "trading" clothes:) It just seems crazy not to send them to someone else when they are in good shape.
    Kym, I never got to tell you about Sarah Kate's slumber party. We had 8 little giggling girls all night. They ate, swam, painted, watched movies, ate popcorn, painted some more and then finally they slept... all laid out in their pretty little sleeping bags - so cute and so much fun! You have never seen so many fancy little overnight bags, sleeping bags, and jammies. They definately didn't make that stuff when we were little - or maybe I just didn't have it. The best part was Sarah Kate. She just had the best time! I'm so happy we did it - but I'm sure glad it's over - phew!
    Fran, make sure you are enjoying the gardening. Don't become so overwhelmed that you don't have fun with it. Inch by inch, row by row as they say:)
    Mariann, Your surviving aunt is 90? Wow, I bet she has great stories to share. My great grandmother lived to be 102. We used to love to sit on "Big Mama"'s porch and swing and share stories. She always had petunias growing in rectangular containers. The family always visited those days. Somehow we always made time. So sad that I rarely see that side of the family anymore...
    Fran, Did you get my email?
    Nik

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

YESSSSSS Nikki, I did I am SLACK sorry. No really I have been so busy. I WILL answer I promise....
    I am so glad the girls had a blast. I NEVER got to do ANYTHING as a kid...not fun stuff anyway.

I truly miss sharing and spending time with the family. I HOPE that in the event my kids have kids they will come visit like we did. I MISS having family around, but HEY at least I have all of you and my other GW family. We may not be that close but I can honestly say I have made some really great friends here I wish we could meet! Maybe someday we will be able to really do that!

diene MAN! Barbara Mitchell?! Kym that is a fantastic daylily there your lucky to get that one girl!
    And those sanddollars! I love those! I would LOVE to live near the beach AHHHHHH....
    don''t feel to bad diene you did what you feel was best for you.

Umm, ladies that leaves October open, do we want to do a Halloween swap or not? If so we can plan on doing it now and we will know it is coming! Let me know if you would like too. I LOVE Halloween lol.

Deb, I read on the OTHER thread you are having another sale for the rest of your mom's stuff. Fill a bag for 5.00 wow, that should move a lot of it! I hope so, I hope you can get a rest soon.

MARIE???? Are you around? What's up? I know your busy but if you could just peek in and say a quick HI.....:)

The new hosta bed is coming along slowly it still isn't as big as I would like it to be! Darn it! LOL. But then again the shade over there isn't that big either, not yet anyway there is a BIG tree over there I am hoping it will shade that area, but not sure if it will.

Hey, I didn't tell you all that we have a PEACH tree on the property did I? In all that mess I said we were chopping down on the left side of the house well there it was! I knew it was some kind of fruit tree, BUT I thought it was a cherry tree but when we got in there and could see it I saw the lance leafs and I am SOOO happy. I HOPE it is a GOOD one. ALSO was out there Saturday cleaning out around the big tree and I found a baby peach tree about 5 inches tall I am SOOOOO happy. I don't know where it is going yet but it IS getting planted in the yard for sure!

Mariann, I WANNA KNOW what you got at Well Sweep? I am SOOOO jealous that it is so close to you! I want to visit so badly! I guess I will know what it is when Kym post what it is huh? LOL. Did you pick up anything for yourself?

KYM, please keep your top on, I am sure that showing your jugs is NOT what winter sowing is about hehe. I hope you are enjoying you month and you have been made to feel special!
    Kym you haven't told anyone what I am gifting you, are you gonna wait until you actually receive? Is so that is FINE.
    Everyone, I have gifted Kym...lol. She just hasn't actually RECEIVED anything as of yet it will be a bit before she gets my 'GIFT' ;). But she is getting something.
    Just let me know if you want to post when you actually receive it or if you would like to share now, ME I would wait until I receive LOL....

OK, I have rambled yet again. Have a wonderful night ladies. I will be headed to bed in a bit myself!

• galium
    15 years ago

Kym-I'd love to meet up with you. I've met 2 other GW members over the years. The reason I was able to fill your box with heavy things is that you are not that far from me. Doing postage by weight is a big help.

Nik-I'm so happy that the slumber party was a big hit!

Fran-I bought another 'King Of Hearts' bleeding heart. The one I had didn't come back this year. As a matter of fact I paid for that from the gift card my DH gave me for Christmas.

My get together, on Wednesday, with my one cousin is becoming another reunion. My cousin who's mom passed away is coming on Wednesday too. Plus maybe one of my other cousins it'll be a girls day out. Fran-Don't be jealous! We're going to Well-Sweep again. One of my cousins is a Master Gardner and when she lived up here she loved going to Well-Sweep. She moved down to W. Virginia years ago.
    Have a great day everyone
    Mariann

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Diene & Nik~ Thanks so much for the offers of help!
    I have looked on craigslist & freecycle....and yardsales. Either no one has the right sizes, or they are asking so much for them, it'd make more sense to buy new things. No one else in the family has little girls, either. It's all boys.
    I'm looking for sizes 3/6 or 6/9 months, 3T and 6/8. Any in between would work, too, since the girls are growing so fast. LOL
    If ya'll find any, just let me know how much to send you for postage and cost. I can't tell you how much I appreciate ya'll thinking of us!! :O)

Fran~ A peach tree?! Yay!! LOL We keep meaning to plant new fruit trees, but always miss the spring planting time. And peaches don't seem to do so well here. We *tried* to save our apple tree after the ice storm....but it's looking pretty sad. I'll have to post some pictures of it, the poor thing. Worst indignity it's had to endure in it's 30+ years of life, I'll bet! LOL

I think an October swap would be fun- a "Wrap it Up" sort of thing, with a fall theme, maybe. Nothing big, since it's getting closer to the holidays.....but just something to go out with a bang. :O)

Okie dokie, gotta skip over to the other threads.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bunny, If I did yardsaleing I would help you out as well BUT I NEVER go yardsaleing. Don't go to trade lots don't do much of anything FUN! It is sad really!
    YES, a PEACH tree, isn't it PEACHY? heheh....I am THRILLED, I do so love them! AND it is FULL of peaches wooohoooo!

I think a October Swap would be fun, but again if ya'll don't want to let me know.

Mariann, another trip to Well Sweep WOW, you just KNOW how to rub it in hard huh? LOL. You just think of me a LOT when your there LOL. Everytime you see a plant think AHHH, Fran would want you LOL.

Well, I am gonna skip on over to the other groups/swaps I am in...

Later ladies,

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Bunny,
    I just found out about a great new place on the net to get baby clothes, they may or may not be in your area but check the link I am posting to see.
    You have to check to see if they are in your area but it sounded like a nice place to get things if you need them and can find something you need and is in your area.
    I hope it is near you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Handmedowns.com

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK, Everyone must be in the garden, I feel so alone!
    Guess I will get out there too....

:)Fran

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

It's just been crazy hectic here, Mama Fran! Everything breaks all at once, ya know? :O)

How many boxes is Ms Kym still waiting on?
    I hope you're still having a great month, Kym! Wish we could make it longer for you!!

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Well, I cant beleive the "garden in a box" I recd today from Marianne !!! The plants just kept comin out of that box, and you should have heard me scream...at the SPIDER she sent me too....LMAO ( my poor dad came running) Sorry I squished him before I thought to keep him as a pet...ha ha

Marianne, sent me a really cute homemade card, it even had my name on it, so neat ! Then there was a catalog for the Well Sweep farm, they do have some really nice stuff.

Ok, so here is what was in my 'garden in a box'

I have to note, that my cat LOVED the shredded paper. ( pic to follow)

3 hardy lilies HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
    3 iris...fictian, carribean dream, summer olympic
    daylily, sammy russell
    daylilly little grapette
    daylilly, hyperion

( I just told someone I didnt have any daylillies, NOW I do..LOL)

rudbeckia goldstrum
    sedum frosty morn
    sedum mediovatigatrum

(how did ya know i wanted more sedums ? SO COOL)

maidenhair fern
    trout lilly

Hubby just made me a new area in the shade that is going to be GREAT for them.

columbine, william guiness ( this is going on the choc garden )

monarda 'blue stocking' ( I have to find a good spot for the hummers to see this one !)

then she added a plant from the Well Sweep farm, and it is.. a....

butterfly bush 'royal red' and we had a 60 ft tree come down on the house last year, and took out the bushes out front, so this will be going there ..for me to enjoy from the livingroom.

ALSO, there was a pack of 10 plant tags, that with all these plants will surely be needed.

Marianne, thanks SOOO much ! You really went over board, and I love them ALL !!

WIth the plants I recd from Nikki, Bunny, Diene and Marianne my yard wont look so empty this season. You all really made this a special month for me, thanks !!

Fran is holding a 100 swap, which she somehow got me to join...LOL WELL, she offered to cover the postage for me, for my bday present. Thanks Fran, I cant wait to see what I receive in that swap too !!

Bunny, I think that is it unless Marie and Vic show up ??

Diene, I keep wanting to email you, there was a plant inside of a blue bag, with no name on the bag...that was the one i wasnt sure on, and sorry I didnt realize that was the name of the plant, when I saw Barbara, i honestly thought you were re using the bag...LOL Thanks for letting me know !!

much thanks for an amazing BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OMG Kym that is Funny about Barbara! You know I think that cat is adorable!

Mariann, WOW, Kym went through the box with me via messenger and I was like you got WHAT? and WHAT? and WHAT??? so nice. You did a fantastic job, all those are plants she really wanted.

Bunny, BREATHE...lol.

I am not thinking Vic will send anytime soon.

I am not sure what is up with Marie. I hope she shows up soon. I do know she said she would owe Kym and I, but haven't heard anything since.

Ok well off to another thread...

• galium
    14 years ago

Kym-I can't believe I sent you a spider. I would have screamed too!! Don't know what it is about them they're just creepy. Bad spider! I wash everything off so carefully I have no idea where it came from. I'm glad you liked what I sent.

Cats can make fun happen out of the most ordinary things can't they??? Cute picture.
    Have a great day everyone
    Mariann

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Wow, GREAT box! :O)
    But then, Mariann always sends wonderful things.....well, except for that spider. LOL

I hope everything is OK with Marie. I know she's running like mad, trying to get everything done that she needs to.
    Haven't seen her post anywhere for quite awhile, though.....kinda concerned.

• flwrs4ever
    14 years ago

Ok, Now ALL the plants are potted up, been doing it as they arrived, and I have done my best to keep all the gifts together, other then the choc eggs Bunny sent, those have been eaten..LOL

I would like to thank you ALL for making this such a special birthday month !! I will be enjoying the plants for years and years to come, and will always remember turning 40 !!

Diene, this is the one I didnt know what it is...

MY UTMOST THANKS TO YOU ALL, SURE HAS BEEN AN AWESOME MONTH !!!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey that is the SAME bath kit Bunny sent me, well it is the SAME bag anyway LOL. But it's too cute!

I see some NICE stuff in those pics, some REALLY nice plants LOL.

Thanks so much for sharing the pics with us Kym, I like seeing what everyone gets!

I still need to get pics of the birdfeeder and Hangy thangy Vic sent me,,,hmmmm seems like there was something else she sent me I needed to get a pic of,,,,don't remember what that was.
    I know you all know what a hydrangea looks like and it is outside now so I will not be doing a pic of it LOL.

Mariann, it was funny when Kym told me about the spider, I thought she was going to have a hissy fit...LOL it was funny, I said KYM it is OK to TOUCH the stuff he didn't have family in there. I KNOW it was on the plants some how, that is just the danger of plants. Something can always hide no matter HOW much you wash it...
    It was FUNNY though sorry Kym, I am GLAD it was YOU and NOT ME! LOL.

Well I just thought I would pop in to see what was going on until supper is finished...I am STARVING!

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

LOL Mama Fran~ I caught a good sale on those bags, and thought they were cute....so I stocked up. :O) I have lots more, so chances are good that someone else will get one for their birthday, too!
    I'm a bag nut, what can I say?

Kym~ All those goodies look wonderful! The plants look great, very happy indeed. :O)

Guess I'll go finish supper for my kiddos....I am SO tired & stressed right now, I'm goobering up all kinds of things.

I just DRAINED the can of spaghetti sauce, for cryin out loud. Do you KNOW how long that takes??
    Seems it's mostly liquid. LOL

Ah well.
    Tomorrow's another day, right? :P

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OMG BUNNY, what is up with you?

You know I actually have a recipe that calls for you to drain salsa, NO JOKE it is a breakfast dish but pretty good and I have made it for supper too, BUT mine always came out kind of RUNNY and I couldn't figure out WHY when I watched the video that one looked dry and right. SOOOO, I looked at the directions REALLY close and WELL you are posed to DRAIN the SALSA DUH!!!

NOW THIS BEING SAID, I do NOT think you are to drain the spaghetti sauce because I do not think it would be to yummy without the runny stuff in there ;)!

BUNNY I said it before and I WILL say it again BREATHE!

YES TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY and you WILL get through this one!!!

Umm KYM? I was looking at your plants up there, what are those BROWN STICKS in the RED CUP? Is it ALIVE? DID the ROOTS look WHITE? or BROWN? If it is DEAD WHY did you stick dead twigs in dirt? BECAUSE it looks DEAD to ME?! Those aren't from THIS swap are they?

OH and I wanted to mention the GIFT I am giving Kym is postage for the WHOLE swap FOR the trip HERE and BACK to her!!! SO, don't go thinking I am not giving her something nice! I am...:) I thought that would help her out too, at least I hope it is!!! BUT just seeing it written on the thread as POSTAGE in a SWAP doesn't look like too much LOL.

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Plant of the day:
    STICKS IN A CUP!

Rofl!
    That just struck me as funny, Mama Fran! :O)

*breathing through fits of giggles*

• flwrs4ever
    14 years ago

Fran, I just LOVVVVVEEE to grow sticks, they take no care, no watering, and always look the same...LIKE A STICK...LMAO

It IS a plant I recd from the swap, and I am HOPING that it will throw up some new growth from the roots.

Thanks for the laughs, Ill go watch my stick grow...LOL

• diene
    14 years ago

My smoke bush in my yard has not even put out any buds yet but I know it is still alive and well so you just go ahead and plant those sticks. If you could have seen what I brought home from the store for this smoke bush you would be howling. DH is still in awe that it not only survived but has thrived.
    Good luck with your sticks Kym.
    diene

• flwrs4ever
    14 years ago

Diene, I have planted many things that look like they have lost life, and gotten them to grow, I LOVE to have a challenge with the plants !!

Im glad I am not alone in planting STICKS....we New Englanders must "stick" together...ha ha

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

I have my package all sealed up and ready to go! Sorry it's late! I'll post the DC# in the morning.

This month went by soooo fast! I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything. ;)

Hugs,
    Deb

• diene
    14 years ago

Hello Kym;
    I realized I never responded to your question about the mystery plant and that is because I do not know what it is. I was going to look up from last year's gardens what grew there but now I forget where I dug it from. It could be phlox (maybe), actually I have no idea but it seems to spread by underground roots so I would put it somewhere containable until you decide whether you want to keep it. I think it must be something really nice as I will not keep things that have invasive tendencies unless I really like them.
    diene

• flwrs4ever
    14 years ago

Diene, thanks, I love surprises, I just wasnt sure where to plant it...I look forward to seeing what it does !! I am not one to have to have names...I appreciate the plant !!

Deb, thanks so much, Ill be stalking the mail lady...LOL

We went to Lowes this weekend and they had a sale on the perennials in the 4 inch pots, so i came home with 7 heuchera, and two mounding plants with white blooms. They are calling for rain all week, YUCKKKK !!

OK, I know, we should be on the MAY thread, but...I cant let go of my month...tee hee !!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's ok Kym you started late LOL.

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Hi,
    The DC# for my package~ 0308 2040 0001 9066 2263.
    Sorry it's late!

Hugs,
    Deb

• galium
    14 years ago

Kym-You have a lot of great birthday birthday presents there! Plus a spider-They do eat insects though and that's a good thing...Right???LOL

Fran-Explain about the postage thing??? That you sent Kym... You sent her postage so that she could send boxes to everyone in this swap???

Sticks in a cup....LOL I've grown them too-very decorative. Sometimes my cuttings look like that. Then hopefully they sprout new leaves.

Bunny-I wouldn't mind getting one of those gift bags. Cute!
    Mariann

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mariann, on the postage thing, Kym is participating in the 100 Limit Plant Swap, this is were everyone sends me their box of plants, then I send what they wanted from what came in BACK to them.
    I am covering Kym's postage for the swap. Which depending on how much she plans on sending in could be a nice amount LOL.

Well, I guess she will post here what she received from Deb when she gets it....

Headed to bed, night ladies,

• flwrs4ever
    14 years ago

Hey Everyone, I recd some GREAT seeds from Diene, Annnnd My box is here from Deb !! I think this is going to be the best lookin yard around this summer ! I cant wait !!

Diene sent me...

impatient mix ( ive never done them from seed, cant wait !)
    pink astilbe
    zinnia
    asters fuschia ( gotta get them going, I love asters !)
    veronica
    liatris
    fireball ALLIUM

ALL seeds I really really wanted, sooo AWESOME, thanks so much !!

Debs box contained.....

morning glory seeds ( I just said I needed more !)
    cleome seeds ( bflies will love them)

Boston Ivy, I just saw this in a book, and wanted it, so cool

aloe plant ( hubby already claimed this one)

Iris, unknown color

4 glad bulbs

a really cute candle light..did you make this Deb ?

a cute little birdhouse, I am gonna use with my plants in the kitchen.

a snowman, which is really cute...cant wait to use him !

a silicone toppings spatula, which will be great at Christmas when we make all our cookies.

Thanks so Much Deb...I really appreciate everything.

Diene, thanks for sending the seeds...and I got alot of growth on the "unknown" plant, it is loving all the rain.

Thanks again to you all for making this a wonderful BDAY !!

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Hi Kym,
    Yes, I made the lamp! I went to a local gift shop and got the idea there, they wanted $35 for the lamp. Went to Michael's and purchased a bunch of paint, clay saucers, greenery, lamp bases, etc. and had so much fun putting them together. I love crafting occasionally, it takes my mind off of everything. I also made the silicone bulb! Just a regular bulb that was dipped in silicone (hung upside down for a day).
    The lamps make such cute accent (nightlight lamps). I'm so glad it didn't break, I tried to wrap it well.

Hugs,
    Deb