Galium sends to Robin1962-2008

Robin2008 sends to Brittneysgran

Brittneysgran sends to Sassybutterfly

Sassybutterfly sends to Kalena67

Debbya sends to Gardenmom2

theresa24 send to Debbya

Gardenmom2 send to ncgardengirl

ncgardengirl sends the Theresa24

Okay...the other thread was getting quite full. Sorry to have been away this week. But between going back to school after spring break, working my scoring job at night, interviewing for next year, planning DH's surprise 50th B-day party for this weekend, and coming down with Shingles...well it's been a rough week.

Fran, I am so sorry that your envelope arrived empty but not as sorry for the fact that I will not be able to get to St. Augustine to get another one for quite some time. I will send you something else when I send out Karen and Debbie's box. I won't tell what it was because eventually I will get back down there to get another one.

Lisa, please tell the story of how you met DH...I love to hear these. :)

Dee, I should take some pics. I have alot in bloom...it's a shame I can't be out there appreciating it.

okay...I may not post again until I breathe a sigh of relief that the party is over on Sunday...wish me luck.

Theresa

Comments (60)

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Oh, Tracy, I am so glad to see you posting. I want you to know I have prayed for you when the Lord has brought you to my mind & will continue to do so. If you don't feel like joining the RR's, please keep posting, will you?

Ladies-I must leave for an appointment. Blessings to each of you & have a great day. Margaret

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hey Tracy!!!!!! :) I'm glad you found your way back to us! :) I was thinkin' about you earlier today.. I was planting the White Gaura seeds you sent me :) So it put a smile on my face to log on here and find you had posted ! I hope things get better on the homefront soon. I know what you mean about not wanting to draw people into the negativity in our lives, but really we'll all just be here to send you good wishes and prayers and lift you up, make you giggle and share a plant (or hundreds...lol) *hugs*

Karen ~ I'm working on your box still. Still waiting on my order too! arghh..

Today is my oldest son's bday. He's 19! Gosh that makes me feel old! :P When asked what 'nice' restaurant he'd like to go to for dinner, he chose Chic-fil-a. hehe He has simple tastes and chicken nuggets I think will ALWAYS be his ultimate fave no matter how old he is! :)

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Tracy, it is so good to see you again. We all have life troubles sometimes they are more then we can take. We all need breaks from time to time BUT GIRL! You could have at least stopped in to post a HI, I miss you guys too!
    I WAS WORRIED ASKED ANNIE! OK, sorry, I MISSES YOU!
    I think about you often, everytime I look at my Heuchera you gave me WHICH btw is doing GREAT and has made a baby!
    I think you are terrific and you have been muchly missed!
    You KNOW it is not nice to fool mother nature? WELL it is equally not nice to make us worry so dog on much!
    SOOOO, in case you are going missing again then you just pop on here even if it is to post a BUMP!

LOVE YOU GIRLFRIEND....we ALL missed you....

NOW SASSY, whereever you are, WE NEED KENZIE PICS!

HUGS EVERYONE!

:) Fran

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Wendy-Your box will go out tomorrow so hopefully you will receive it on Monday. Hope you like what I chose for you.

Tracy-Nice to see you posting again. Hope Spring brings new beginnings to you and your family. God be with you.

Annie-So nice to see your post. Have fun with your family's visit. I always get so excited when Steve and Tracy come to visit. I want things to be just right and a special meal planned. Let me know which irises you lost and I may just have them. I have some SDB's blooming now and the tall beardeds have pods on them. The dreaded iris borer claimed some of mine last year. I hate that worm.

Theresa-Glad to hear your surprise birthday party for DH went well.

Vicky and Anita-Thinking of you both during this time. May time heal your sorrow.

Shirley

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Tracy!!!!!!!! :) :) :)I was just thinking about you while tidying up my flower beds. I'm so pleased to see my Sweet Woodruff is turning green and spreading nicely! We've so missed you and the other gals that have stopped posting! I hope you will be able to stop in now and again! Take good care of yourself and your family! I can relate about it being hard to post when there are other worries to think about. I can't wait to hear from you! But take your time!

Annie, it is nice to see you posting, too!! My plants too, are coming up a bit slower this year. Yesterday the temp here got up to 92!! That hopefully helped! Right now its only 43 degrees. What a difference! :( Enjoy your visit with Shelby and Deanna! I hope everything goes well with Shelby. Have fun with Zsa Zsa and Kingston!!

Vicky & Anita, you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

Wendy, I'm also waiting on an order!! I finally received an email shippinng notice, so they should be here on Monday, so I understand the waiting game!! No worries!

Margaret, your order will definately go out by Wednesday next week! I'll let ya know! I still may do a little shopping this week end. Our local greenhouse opened and they have so much!! I could spend hours in there, and lots of $$$$! I like 'window shopping'!

Shirley, is there any way to get rid of Iris borers? I've never seen them, but just incase, I'd be interested to know what one could do. I planted a lot of Iris' last summer and would be so bummed to find such a thing! I hope you don't find any this year. The thought makes me squirm in my chair.

In case I do not get back on this week end, Have a wonderful week end everyone!!

Karen

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Karen-The best way to make sure they don't make it down into your bulb is spray in early Spring. The moth lays her
    eggs around in leaves and etc and when they hatch they make the journey onto your iris. They start on the leaves and work down into the bulb. Once they reach the bulb you have to dig up the iris and dig out the borer. Spraying doesn't help when they are safe into the bulb.

Shirley

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Ewww....so I should be doing that now. I'll have to check my local greenhouse, and see if they have something. I don't know what it is about that kind of worms, but I just get grossed out by them. Regular earthworms, no problem, catapillars, no problems, cutworms, tomato worms, the worms you find in sweet corn, beetle larvae, all of those kinds of worms I just can't stand!! Thanks for the info Shirley!

Karen

• galium
    15 years ago

I received the most amazing box from Margaret today. There aren't enough words to thank you for your thoughtfulness. I've been a little under the weather for the past several days and your box has really lifted my spirits.

For everyone...Margaret sent me 2 adorable pot sitters-one owl and a gnome. A butterfly plant hanger (I know just where I'm hanging it) and a butterfly visor to keep the sun out of my eyes. Also my favorite of all tropical flowers Begonias! Three different types- Hanging Basket Pink, Ruffled Pink and Double Whites. I am really looking forward to planting them and seeing them grow! There was a packet of hanging fresheners in Lavender scent and a Vine Ripe Strawberry fragrance reed diffuser. The diffuser I'm putting in my kitchen. Plus a mug with a Hibiscus flower pattern and teas, again my favorites, Earl Grey and Rose Hip. Can't wait to have a cup! I received a Flower Tool Pruner, Copper Plant Labels, magnetic frame pad, a pair of Frog Plant Ties (cute) and Butterfly napkins. She also sent me a great pair of garden chore gloves with leather palms and an outdoor solar light. I think I'll put the light in one of my flower beds. Last but not least was a Glass Watering Sphere. I've always wanted one of these I see them advertised all the time. I hope I didn't forget anything.

Margaret I can't tell you how much I love everything you sent me. You are very special.
    Big Hug,
    Mariann

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Mariann- I am so glad you liked what I sent. You have been such a help to me & I was delighted when I got your name. I don't have any plants up yet to send so had to purchase bulbs for you. I want to tell you ladies (I hope you don't mind, Mariann) that if you need help with posting pictures she is the one to get in touch with. It is so nice to have someone that is patient & kind & she is so much that.

Hasn't this been a great RR? And the boxes are really flying now. Kalena, please done't worry about my box. I am not in any hurry & I know I will love & appreciate each item.

Having a wonderful day here. I got some work done this morning but the wind has come up,(always, it seems) so had to come in. I am so excited about Spring this year & can't wait to get some bulbs sent to me in that wonderful black dirt we have here in Iowa.

Praying for those who have lost loved ones, those having other problems & hoping you have those who will minister to you through this time.

Blessings, Margaret

• galium
    15 years ago

Margaret-Thank you for the kind words.

Robin-Your box will go out on Monday. Sorry about it being so late but I have a few more things to dig up for you.
    Mariann

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Debbie and Karen,

Your boxes will go out on Monday. I have the rest of today to get everything together and maybe tomorrow too.

Glad everyone is getting nice boxes. I will post an update later today.

Theresa

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Bump!

I hope everyone is having a great day so far! I can't wait to receive my prize box, Theresa!!

Margaret, I should have your box all packed up tonite and in the mail tomorrow! I hope you like everything! :)

Wendy, still no need to hurry with your box. I'm so curious at to what you ordered! I will love it!

Mariann, what a very nice box Margaret sent you!!

Have a great day everyone!
    Karen

• galium
    15 years ago

OOPS-I posted Robin's DC# on the other thread!LOL
    Mariann

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Fran, I mailed out your bx today. Yay !!! I hope you like it. The dc # 0306 24 00000 316505672

Thanks for being so patient and Ihope I did everything right. If not, please let me know so I can fix it and will know for next time.

Nichol

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!

Margaret, I've got your box all ready to go, but I do not have your address. I sent you an email, let me know if you didn't get it!

Karen

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Nichol honey there is no right or worng thing. Whatever you wish to send is always appreicated. I am sure I will love everything! I especially like PLANTS did I tell you that? LOL, if there are plants Fran will be VERY happy.
    Theresa I sent you yet ANOTHER email. I need your address LOL, I can't believe I forgot to ask you for it. I KNOW I have it here somewhere BUT since the move well...

Please whenever you get a spare moment send me your addy...
    Thanks!!!

• gardenmom2
    14 years ago

Fran, you are such a sweetie. Thank you. I just meant that being a newby to the plant swaps, I want to be sure I am doing things right. I did include a surprse in there that I think I read in another thread you wanted. Also, am hoping I pkged things correctly since I am sending you lots of plants in May. LOL Lots of plants.

Anyway, I have a lump that I discovered on my wrist yesterday. I only noticed it b/c my writ was sore but mostly stiff. I figured it was from shoveling all of the mulch (two truckloads) and then digging and hauling sod in the wheelbarrow. Anyway, when I was rolling my wrist around to stretch it, I noticed a lump on my wrist when my hand is stretched down. It is about the size of a large lump. The stretching made hings worse, as now it feels swollen and my entire hand is stiff and sore. From what I googled, I am thinking ganglion cyst. Good and bad. Good b/ it is no big deal, really. Bad b/cthe only sure treatment to make sure it does not return is surgery which is not happening. Neither is draining it with a needle, as I amthe biggest wimp on the Earth. The idea of them draining it makes me sic to my stomach. SO, we will see. I will call the dr later today to get in and be sure that is what it is, butsomeone pray for a new cure b/c in my opinion, both of those options are out. LOL I need a cortisone shot in my knee (or surgery-torn miniscus) but I refuse. I am just not ino that. It grosses me out and scares the crap out of me . The whole idea of needles in my joints. EEEEWWW ! Just can't go there.

Nichol

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

hmm.. I must have posted my ty to Shirley on the OTHER thread..lol arghh! I would link to it but I don't know how! :P THANKYOU again Shirley!!!

Just fyi, I will be offline for approximately a week. I will try to check in when I can here 'n there. Karen I'll email you if the order comes in any sooner than expected!

Nichol ~ I do hope they can figure out what it is and that it's not so involved to cure it! Hugs to you!

Thanks!
    Wendy

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to stop in and apologies to Deb because I lost my internet service for almost 3 days and so did not have her address to send package out. I have since unpacked it to keep the plants fresh and hydrated. I will be repacking it tonight and hope to get it back out tomorrow. Thanks for your patience, Deb. I never realized how I had come to depend on this little machine here!

Glad everyone is enjoying their boxes and springtime!

Theresa

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Good Morning!

Margaret, your box went out yesterday. I was waiting to post until I got the DC# (I had my Dad take it to the PO) but he hasn't brought it to me yet! I'm guessing you should have it tomorrow. I'll call him today and see if he remembered to get one. I put it on the note for the Postmaster.

It is rainy and cloudy today. Only 46*. I don't mind the rain, but am really tired of temps in the 40's-50's. I want 60's -70's. Things are coming up, but slower than last year. Last Thursday it was 92!! What a weird day that was!

Have a good day everyone!
    Karen

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Hey Everyone,
    Theresa I wanted to tell you that we had a set back and I will not be able to mail your box until Friday, I KNOW that is MAY but I don't have a choice, things happen....

Also wanted to post I recieve my box from Nichol today WOW OH WOW am I a HAPPY CAMPER!
    She must have read somewhere I wanted something because she SENT ME SOME!

OK here is what she sent!
    Onion Sets Yellow, THANKS we lost ours because of the move and all.
    A bag of Horseradish Roots! THANK YOU....OH, YEA, I told Shelly I would like some of hers, you sneaky lady! LOL
    Unknown plant with yellow flowers
    Perennial Sunflower (is it "Maximilian"?)
    Lamb's Ear THANKS, lost mine when I moved then here
    White Liatris (WOW, have never had the white one and wanted it!)
    White Angel Trumpet! Thanks!!!
    Seeds:
    Dicentra ecxcemina
    Broccoli Raab
    Mariposa Lily Wow I hope these will grow!
    Eremurus Stenophylus Bungei (Foxtail Lily, Desert Candle) Gosh I hope this one grows too!

Thank you Nichol, you did a wonderful job! Thanks so very much. I never expected to get some of the things you sent me....you are so sweet!

• gardenmom2
    14 years ago

Fran. I was hoping you were still wanting the horseradish. LOL When I saw that post, I thought good, b/c I had accidentally grabbed two pkgs. instead of 1 and something else. The sunflower is maximillian. I really hope and am confident that the liatris is white. It had the tag with it. There is a story though. I went to an auction several weeks ago for a nursery that was going out of business. I won one of the auctions which was for 140 perennials. Most of them at the time looked dead and full of weeds, but when you got to poking around, I saw lots just starting to sprout. SO, I , in good faith, got them fr 35 bucks. Most of wht I got was iris and hollyhocks, and lambs ear but there were some sedums and liatrs and several other hings that I am slowly finding. SO, unless the tag was switched on acc. or some weir thing, that is what was in one of the pots.

The angel trumpet was one of the first things to root for me in the cuttings swap. I had 4 of them, so I thought I would share with you as you have been of the best helpers on here for a newby, and I was kinda proud of myself for rooting it. LOL I knew you would understand that. LOL The onions were extras I had and I hoped you could use them. Thanks for all of your kindness and help in this and the other swaps. You are a champ and a wonderful friend.

Nichol

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fran, no problem at all. I am mailing late too. I hope Debbie understands. This has been a very difficult several weeks. I'm afraid the prizes will be even later. But they will go out.

Great boxes ladies!

Wow Nichol! What a deal. I would have been absolutely thrilled!

Theresa

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hello!

Margaret, I have that DC# finally! lol It is:
    03080 0730 0000 2115 9254. I hope everything arrives ok!

Theresa, don't worry about my prize box....not that I can't wait to get it!! lol...but I don't want any worries about it. It is still kind of on the cool side here anyway, so I have no problems waiting.

It is nice and sunny today after yestersday's gloom and rain. Still only 46*, but it should get closer to 60. It seems nice just with the sun out. I wish I could go up and look at my flower beds, but it's time to make lunch for the kiddos, and then get them down for nap.

Karen

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

I got my box from Mariann yesterday!WOW!I am so happy!She sent daylillies-Hyperion,Little Grapette and Sammy Russell,Iris-summer olympics,3 white tiger lily bulbs,3 asiatic lillies-red song,4 metal plant markers,gloves and several packs of flower seeds!THANK YOU SO MUCH!!These are my first named daylillies and the rest are all my favorites! Robin

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

Brittanysgran,Your box should be there any day now.I hope you enjoy it. Robin

• gardenmom2
    14 years ago

I was. Most people there were looking for trees and bushes and most of those went for MORE than I could go and buy them for at a nursery right now. Crazy. But most people overlooked the peennials b/c they were dormant. It was fun. I did end up with 4 crabapples that i put up and down my driveway. Now I am digging out sod all the waydown and fillin in with perennials and plants from swap. Lots of fun. think that is what I did to my wrist. The knot is slowly going away. The school nurse told me she thinks I pulled a muscle or strained something. LOL Dummy me.

Nichol

• margaret_2007
    14 years ago

Hi, Ladies I received my great box from Karen today & am delighted with everything she sent. Hope I don't miss anything that was enclosed:
    Garden gloves which I am constantly in need of, 2 darling frogs with their legs that hang down (now sitting up on my desk here with my computer in front of me), the cutest little blue bucket to plant in, a large beautiful note pad which I use one several times a day, & the following plants which I can't wait to get planted(if it ever quits raining here) a daylily "Little Blessing", doesn't that sound wonderful, Candy corn Vine,I have never one but just saw one when I was haunting one of the places I was at this week for plants, L.A Hybrid Lily "Trinity"
    bulbs & Oriental Lily "Muscadet" bulbs, canna "Picasso" rizomes that I am going to plant in a container to see how that works (they say low growing) anyone have any ideas of what to plant with them in the container? and a hosta "Maui Buttercups". I am so please with absolutely everything, Karen, you did an excellent job of wrapping! This is for you:

Spent yesterday afternoon trimming the yard & can hardly stand up straight today. Saturday is supposed to be a great day so maybe then I can get more planting done. Have several bulbs that must be done & most can't be put in containers.

Have a great weekend, all & happy digging & planting! Blessings, Margaret

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Where did the time go? I can't believe how fast this month went by!

Nichol's box went out today, priority DC #0309 0330 0000 8504 1246. I'm really getting behind in everything! ;)

Hugs,
    Deb

• galium
    14 years ago

Robin-Did your box arrive???
    Mariann

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Margaret, You are welcome, and I'm so happy that you liked everything! I hope it all grows beautifully for you!

This week-end will busy for me. Tonight my sons have a play to perform, (Jack and the Beanstalk) They have been rehearsing all week after school. Before the play I will become the 'paper route lady'. 41 yrs old, and I will have to deliver the paper to 50 some people, and then rush to the boys' play. Tomorrow is Prom. My daughters first. The boys also perform their play again in the afternoon. Sunday will be my 'do whatever I want' day. I hope everyone has a nice week end!

:0) Karen

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Theresa you FINALLY have a DC# 0308 2040 0001 4522 4928.
    I surely do hope you like what I sent you! I really am sorry I am late, but sometimes life gets in the way.....

Howdy everyone!!!

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No worries, Fran. Life got in the way for me too this month. BUT, Deb, your box is FINALLY on the way. Karen and Fran, your prizes will go out sometime this week!

We just got back from an all-weekend soccer tournament where my son's friend broke both forearm bones in left arm. It was an awfull collision where two players landed on him and left his arm all bent out of shape. The ambulance had to set it at the field and again at the ER. So, it has been an ordeal.

I hope to get some news soon about my job situation for next year. I hope everyone is having a great spring. My garden is at it's peak but have not been able to enjoy it as much as I'd like. I did get a chance to snap a few pics the other day. I will post them this week.

Theresa

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Theresa that is horrible news about your son's friend, that poor kid. I can't imagine how painful that was. I hope he heals well and quickly.

I truly hope you get some good news too. Have you ever thought about opening a daycare? Or even private tutoring, there is money in private tutoring it just has to be something you would want to do though before you would be successful. I don't know what grade you teach so I was just throwing something out there. I wish I could help you out. I hope you get some good news soon. It is awful how teachers jobs are going.
    It is happening here too and the funny thing is NC got a lottery not too too long ago that was supposed to support our schools, it is called the North Carolina Education Lottery and the money made is supposed to go back into support all NC schools.
    Well it isn't we are having layoffs too, I would like to know where the money is going becuase it sure isn't supporting teachers pay! It irks me, it isn't fair to our schools that it was and IS promoted that way, ask the teachers here if THEY support it and I bet they will tell you no.

Hang in there, I hope you find out something soon and they don't wait until the start of next year to deliver the news to all of you who is getting laidoff and who isn't.
    It is a shame that all you have on you now is preventing you from enjoying your yard!
    Chin up, hopefully things will turn around very quickly in your neck of the woods very soon. Be strong Theresa and I hope you can find peace and comfort in something you enjoy and take away some worry if it is only for a little while.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Just a quick update! Karen your goodies should arrive to me today or tomorrow and I hope to open the box, give them a good watering and a quick turnaround in the mail to you! I will email you the DC# as soon as I get it.

Hugs,
    Wendy

• galium
    14 years ago

Robin-Your box arrived on April 29th did you receive it? I sent you an email yesterday.
    Mariann

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Good morning all!

Oh! That must have been so painful for your son's friend! My goodness! :(

Theresa, I hope you get good news soon on your job situation! Our state doesn't think schools/teachers should be high on the priority list either. There was a ruling about a month ago where a judge said that our state was only required to have 'adequate' schooling. It's maddening.

I spent most of the day outside yesterday. A nice way to relax after a busy Friday/Saturday. My daughters Prom went well. She looked very nice, and had a lot of fun. My boys' play went good also. They did a good job.

Friday night was quite a site, as I had to deliver papers for my son's paper route by myself (he had his play) and so to keep me company, MY mom drove me around. We finished with about 5 minutes to spare before the play started. That job is going to end before the next school year begins. I can't wait....grumble..grumble.

Wendy and Theresa, I can't wait to see my goodies!

Karen

• margaret_2007
    14 years ago

Hi, Ladies-

Great planting day here-overcast & cool (I hate hot weather) & wouldn't you know, I have appointments. It's like one of you said here-life gets in our way sometmes.

Fran-You really have some great ideas for Theresa. I have had tutoring done & charges were $20 an hour here. I know there is a great need for it. My granddaughter is taking CNA courses & can't believe those in the class that can't read.

Lisa-I found some things I hope you enjoy when I send your box.

Karen-I would have loved seeing you on your paper route! My Pastor delivers here & saves the money for specials for he & his wife. He took her to Scotland once with the savings & he uses the time for exercise & prayer time.

Theresa- I am so sorry for the young man who got hurt & will pray for quick & complete healing for him. I am remembering you with your job situation & this is for you. Any one who can read owes a debt of gratitude to teachers & bless you for being one.

Have a great day, ladies. Blessings, Margaret

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Hi everyone, just checking in :) It's been CRAZY storming here the past few days.. but I've got a nice set up on the front porch where I can happily plant seeds and listen to the rain behind me.. it's sooo soothing!! :)

Mariann ~ there's a post above from Robin about your box, here I'll copy and paste it for ya.

* Posted by robin1962-2008 6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 30, 09 at 12:15

I got my box from Mariann yesterday!WOW!I am so happy!She sent daylillies-Hyperion,Little Grapette and Sammy Russell,Iris-summer olympics,3 white tiger lily bulbs,3 asiatic lillies-red song,4 metal plant markers,gloves and several packs of flower seeds!THANK YOU SO MUCH!!These are my first named daylillies and the rest are all my favorites! Robin

Hope everyone is having a decent Monday :) Gonna head back out and keep planting..lol

Hugs,
    Wendy

• gardenmom2
    14 years ago

Deb, I rec'd your box on Saturday. Thank you so much. Deb sent a wood heart that was made to look like abird house, yellow begonia tubers, a gourmet sugar cookie, a small teddy bear that is soooooo soft, gardening gloves, a smiling snail pot hanger and Hoya cuttings and rooted aloe vera.

Thank you soooo much. It was such a sweet box and I love the yellow begonia.

Nichol

• galium
    14 years ago

Robin-Glad you liked your box. Sorry I missed your post on the 30th. My mind must have been elsewhere. Those three DL's are the one's I started with. They should do well for you. Just think in a few years you'll be trading them.
    Mariann

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

A big thank-you to Fran for the wonderful box I received yesterday. I'm so sorry to not be able to post until now.

Fran sent a wonderful box of plants that I just got in the ground tonight. She sent:
    Coreopsis Sunray
    Sedum Goldstar
    Dianthus Firewitch
    Agastache Honey Bee Blue
    Also a wonderful assortment of seeds that I will be sowing this summer
    And some great teas.

Thank you so much Fran. I do appreciate them all. It was a real welcome to work outside tonight. I have had a very hard day which is yet another turn on this roller coaster ride I have been on with this job situation over the past two and a half months. First I was losing my job then I was keeping it then I was losing it and then had info last week that led me to think I might be keeping it. But today it turned out to be a no. I will have something next year they have assured me but I really wanted to stay where I am at my home school that DS attends and I have been for the last three years. It doesn't look like that's going to happen and it is all very depressing to me. I know there are worse things and this may somehow work out for the best but it's hard to see it that way right now. I was so upset earlier that I forgot to take DS to his practice with his new team. DH thinks I am being a big baby and he's probably right but....I can't help it.

So anyway, that's what's been holding me up lately in addition to job interviews. I hope you have received your box, Deb. I will still get these prize boxes out as soon as I can.

-T

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

T ~ of course you're not being a big baby! hhmmppff!! It's understandably a let down to be told you cannot stay in a job where you're comfortable and happy! And the yo-yo'ing of stay/go/stay/go.. that must have been so nerve wracking! I do hope you find something you will enjoy and maybe it will turn out that you can go back to DS' school after all.. just bug the heck outta them ! hehe *hugs*

Karen ~ I am packing up your box today and will post the DC# after I return from the post office. Again, sorry for the delay I had hoped the order would come in earlier! I hope you enjoy it. :)

Hugs!
    Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Theresa, Um was the Liatris White in there? I know you wanted it, I got that from your wants page, Thanks to Nichol for sending it and I wanted to share some with you since you wanted it...I am almost positive I put your division of it in the box?
    There was also supposed to be some plant markers, did they not make the box either?

It is good you are getting to KEEP your job, better to be at another school then NO SCHOOL at all! You are blessed to have the transfer. It will be ok, DS will be fine without you there IN the school. Mama is the one wanting to STAY there lol. It will ALL be ok, thank heavens your jobs still stands and when you start missing the school you are at now...remember HOW CLOSE you came to not being in ANY school!
    That will be a BIG dose of reality for yah right there, trust me!

At any rate, I do hope your happy with what I sent, the SO was outside with me when I dug you the coreopsis and said WHERE are you going with that? I said in the BOX! He just rolled his eyes, BUT I have 4 of those and I have everything in 3's that I had 3 of in that bed so the coreopsis was OFF by 1 LOL... I was shocked at the root system and glad I was albe to get it to fit in the baggie I was protecting it in and that they all fit in the box LOL.

Ok well anyway, it is starting to storm again here, guess I better go find something else to do again....

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

No problem Wendy! And I'm sure I will love everything!

Theresa, take your time! I'm not going anywhere! :0)

Better go and make supper,

Take care everyone!
    Karen

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fran, I am so sorry to forget to mention those things.

YES, I was definitely wanting white liatris and was so happy to receive it. I did also receive the plant markers. Forgive me...it was very late last night and I had been crying and feeling sorry for myself for hours. I am feeling much better today and I know you are right about everything you said....it's me that wants to stay with him...he couldn't care less :) I also want to stay because of my co-workers but I will meet new ones. I know that I am lucky and things will turn out okay. I just had to let it all out yesterday because it has been such an ordeal.

So, sorry for my whining. I thank you so much for the wonderful box of plants. I'm going off now to give them a drink. Looks like the rain shower missed us today :(
    And, yes, those coreopsis roots are awesome!

Theresa

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

Shirley,Has your box arrived?You should`ve had it long before now. Robin

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Karen your box is en route.. I left the DC# in the van tho.. will have to post that tomorrow (hopefully if I can get online again) Had to downsize a bit at the post office and use a flat rate priority box.. the other box was ridiculously expensive. They informed me too that this week is the last week to buy your 'forever' stamps as the stamp rate will increase YET AGAIN on Monday... arghh!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Hi,
    Theresa's box arrived yesterday! Thank you so much Theresa for such an awesome box!
    I loved everything you sent! I'm going to make this short so I can have lots of time to plant all the plants outside. It's a gorgeous day- 73* and NO rain! It's been a really rainy spring so far!

Theresa sent~
    Candy (toosie rolls)
    Copper plant markers
    Felix Crousse peony (red) (I've wanted a peony for a long time!)
    Savannah Melinus (Ruby grass) seeds- love the color on this!
    Note cards
    Jiffy pellets
    Garden flag
    2- tarts that smell wonderful!
    heart windchimes
    Seeds~
    Shasta Daisy "Silver Princess"
    Portulaca hybrid mix
    Gazania sunshine
    Aubrieta "Whitewell Gem"
    Gaillardia "Goblin"
    Red canna seed
    Mallow "Rose Pink"
    Dahlia Seed
    Cosmos
    Vitex Chaste (can't read the rest, will look it up)
    Sparkler radish
    Mimosa
    Pink Oleander
    Bunny Tail grass
    Balsam, mixed
    Sensative? Sensative plant? Hmm? will look this up too!
    Lavender
    Red Salvia

plants-
    Savannah grass
    Stoke's aster
    Euphorbia "Diamond Frost"
    Variegated vinca
    Variegated Jasmine

Thanks so much Theresa for such a nice package!

Hugs,
    Deb

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!

I received my box from Wendy today! :0)

Here is what Wendy sent:

Cute polka dotted gardening gloves
    Mini Pots candles Sweet Dreams (I wish I could smell! I have a bad cold :(
    Fresh Scents Laundry Line for scented sachels..I bet this smells good too!
    Seed Bags~ I never have enough of these!
    Cute notepad with Magnet
    Pop up vase - this looks really cool!
    And the cutest little gnome that hangs on a pot or vase..looks like he is going to climb right in!
    Seeds: Snow in Summer ( for my theme bed!)
    Ligularia 'Britt Marie Crawford' ~ On my want list!!
    Plants:
    Lisianthus~ This is also on my want list! Thank You!!
    Daylily 'Cherry Jubilee'
    Daylily 'Lavender Jewel'
    These will also go into my themed beds!! Wendy, thank you so much for sending me plants from my want lists! I love everything!!

Now I better go and tend to my wonderful plants!!
    :)Karen