Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonechickchris

UPDATE: Incredible Heirlooms Double Delights Swap Partners!

bonechickchris
15 years ago

HI guys! These are the partners for the Incredible Edibles Double Delights Swap!

Please be in contact with your partner with in the next day or 2.

I have given partners earlier than usual this time around to allow for extra time for people who choose to order seeds from a company. So even if they run a little later then usual, it should still be plenty of time to get the seeds in time for the send out date. Please have your seeds sent out by the 9th of May. If a problem causes you to mail out later, please let your partner know ahead of time. I am sure they will be very understanding.

Feel free to add a garden related extra if you would like!

Partners!

Kathy/Southerncharm1~ sandlapper/Jeanne

Tracy/Purpleacres~ Stardust/ "D"

Nancy/luvgardening2~ Becky/booberry

Toni/dirtdiggin~ Christy/bonechickchris

Now lets have some fun! Get those creative minds working!!!! This is one of my favorite themes of the year!ANy questions, just ask!!!!

Comments (44)

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Hi Nancy, I emailed you. I had trouble before emailing to Yahoo addresses. I hope you get it!

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Jeanne and I have been in contact. :) We're well on our way to getting to know each other better and gathering our swap goodies. :D

~Kathy

• booberry85
    15 years ago

No email trouble with Yahoo email! Nancy & I have been in touch.

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thats almost all of us! Acres and Stardust, have you been able to contact each other yet?

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

howdee

I have emailed D (stardust) Should be a fun one I have all sorts of ideas :-)

Acres

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Just bought some seeds online for my partner. No signs of delays or the evil "sold out"(she writes, keeping fingers crossed, which hard to type with fingers crossed!)

This weekend it's supposed to be sunny and near 80 degrees and where will I be? Working!!@#%*!! I guess it's better than the alternative! I shouldn't complain.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I'm going to post this link to the original swap sign up. I keep having to refer to it.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Double Delight Swap

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Becky!
    I was away for the weekend, playing some gigs. I fogot to post that I would be away for a few days, but looks like everything is going well.

Anyone find any neat goodies for their partners?
    Christy

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

I'll never tell :) lol

But I'm packaging things up. Have a package coming in, that should have been here by now, but with Island mail, it's always delayed at least one day. It has a couple of special items in it, so I'm hoping that I can ship sometime this week or beginning of next.

Toni

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I did a little shopping today to get do-dads for my swap partners. I think I'm set on seeds. The seeds I ordered came in. YEAH! However, DH & I are working late and we just ate some things that were suppose to go to my swap partners!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

LOL Becky!! Hope they were yummy. Sorry you're having to work late. Blessings there for having the ability to work late. Those little blessings in disguise. My work is seasonal and I'll be in overdrive in a couple of months. Enjoying the downtime all I can :) but the extra income will be nice too.

I received my shipment with the extra things for doubles. YAY!!! Wow when you use your imagination, doubles can really work well for a number of things! Most veggies make deer food too lol ask me...I have first hand experience with that one. The only thing they don't like is the prickly types of plants, like squash and articokes...but arties make beautiful dried flowers! So there's a second use for artichokes lol and Christy already gave one extra use for zukes. I like having to think things through before sending them.

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

The seeds that I ordered for my swap partner are on their way to me. I should be on time mailing out. Hooray!
    Jeanne

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

bump...

didn't want this to get lost. :D

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Hi all,

Work has been crazy busy. I'll probably will wind up working this weekend too, but at least I think I can work on reports at home. I'm going to try and mail out my package either tomorrow or the middle of next week. Hope everyone has been busy gardening!

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

I just stopped by to say hello. Today is our first really humid day and it's 84 degrees out right now. However, the humidity is because we got a downpour last night and maybe more rain today and over the next few days and we need it, so I guess I will put up with the humidity. We were getting rain regularly through the Spring and then it got hot and the rain stopped.
    The seeds that I ordered are on their way to me but have not shown up yet. Oh, well, maybe tomorrow...
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Kathy, your package is on its way.
    I hope you like it.
    Delivery Confirmation: 0479 7504 2890 0607 0059
    Jeanne

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ugg! SOrry for not posting as much as usual when I host. I have been fighting these allergy attacks for a while now. I feel like I am in a big cloud. Everytime this year, I get hit with this, and everything comes on, the asthma, burning eyes, congested lungs and cant breathe, all of that good stuff. But it is the medicine that I have to take that makes me in the cloud so to speak. I hate taking it. So you know it is bad when I break down to take it.
    My allergist tested me for EVERYTHING! And it turned out I had some kind of reaction to every weed, pollen, dust, cat, bird etc. possible, except I was not allergic in any way to mice or cockroaches.
    So I said to him, yeah the 2 things I DONT have in my house that i am not allegic too! It figures! LOL!

Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying this swap so far, as much as I am! Christy

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Christy, I know the sneezing, burning eyes, sinus pressure, tissues everywhere allergy season all too well. I'm allergic to everything except rabbits and camels. I still want to be the first one on my block with a camel. I wonder if there are any town ordinances regarding that! LOL!

I wonder how many gardeners out there have allergies.

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

lol Becky, I wonder what kind of pets Camels would make. I hear they spit, maybe they could help keep the garden watered lol.

Christy, I hope that you're feeling better soon. I can't identify with allergies, so I can only sympathize. I have friends who have horrific allergies to pollen and we have that wonderful noxious weed called Scotch broom. It's EVERYWHERE and this time of year is just horrible for them. The pollen is so thick, even those without allergies sneeze cause it's like breathing dust.

On another note, your package is on the way :) I do hope you enjoy it. The DC is #01038555749805727079
    Toni

• booberry85
    14 years ago

My package to Nancy is in the mail! I emailed her with the DC# moments ago.

Happy Gardening!

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ooh Becky! I dont remember being tested for camel! LOL! Maybe there is hope for me yet! Actually, I want a donkey! They are so cute! I always tease my husband about it, and he makes fun of me! I wont tell you what he says back to me, or what I would say back to him in defense, if you know what I mean, (hint, jack ass!)LOL! BUt if I could just have one little livestock animal, I would love a goat!

Toni! We have golden rod over here, which I bet is in the same rank as your scotch broom!

AS you know Toni, you package has been sent! ANd I sent you the number already, so I am too lazy to go post it up here now! LOL!

Also, just as a reminder, us here with the group like to post what we received from our partners on the thread, this way it lets our partners know that we received everything, plus we have us nosey ones in the group who want to know what ya got! LOL!
    But seriously, please take the time to post what you received. Thanks!
    Christy

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I'm so glad you posted about people posting what they received. I'm such a Nosey Nelly! Plus, it makes me aware of "new" varieties I might not know about. I am a veggie geek and will go look it up if I haven't heard of it.

Goldenrod should be a 4-letter word! It grows wild in my back yard. It always gets me in August.

Here's a pic for you, Christy!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

I found you guys a website with Camel info and some cute face pics! Makes you want to squeeze his cheeks and make him say smooshy! ROFL (Of course he may just spit instead?!?!?!)

Found this too...
    Story of a Man who traded his wife for a Goat! ROFLMAO
    http://icantseeyou.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/04/man-trades-wife.html

I can relate to wanting a Farm animal. I have always wanted a Cow. Don't know why, maybe it was being in Ag when I was in High School.. I had a heffer drag me while the teacher was screaming at me "Don't let her go!" ROFL She was a rescue from a Farm where the teenage boys that lived there used her head as a knife target, she had scars and when you tried to pet her head she would bite you. I think her aggression was reasonable after finding this out, she was really sweet minus her little issues though.

I like to see what others received from their partners too, usually this makes my wishlist a little longer. But... I think I can live with that. ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: Camel Pics and Facts. :)

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

I guess that link didn't work! LOL I was going to show hubby the cute camel face and it brought me back to this thread! oops...

Here it is again... lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Camel Pics and Facts :)

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for Donkey's pic Becky! LOL!

First of all KAthy, I am so sad, I keep on thinking of that poor cow dodging knives! That is so aweful! Poor thing. And people wonder why (s)he was scared of people. Did she take a liking to you though?

Ok, I think you are watching too much Jerry Springer KAthy! LOL! Just kidding! Oh that poor goat! LOL!

Those camels are so cute! Ok, I'll take one of them too! I can stick them right into my manger scene I set up outside my house at Christmas time!

From, "Some of us" , aka "All of Us" LOL! ( you ES swap people get it!)

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

Awww Christy! Don't be sad, It was supposed to be funny about the cow dragging me! ROFL We did click though, I have a deep love for the furbabies and was determined to let her see that I wasn't going to hurt her. She did have a sad start, but her life was great after the Ag Dept. adopted her. :)

I don't even know how I found that goat story! LOL I agree, poor goat cause that man doesn't know unconditional love.
    I thought that Camel had the cutest little face! :)

(One of "All of us"! ROFL)

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Loved all the camel info, Kathy. A lot of stuff I didn't know. I think camels and llamas have the sweetest faces. I liked the cow story too. Glad the cow got to lead a happy life after an unfortunate start.

When we first moved into our house, a farmer's cows got loose. They (6 cows and one bull) had been meandering in the woods for days. It was in May, so the farmer could only look for the cows after he was done planting. Sure enough, they meandered into our yard. I came up the basement stairs and looked out the window. There were the cows. "Pat," I yelled to the DH, "there's a herd of cows in our back yard." He thought I had been drinking too much or had finally flipped. He came up the stairs, looked out the window and sure enough there were cows!

I went outside (kind of a dumb thing to do with a bull loose,) and looked at the cows. They paid no attention to me. Our neighbor knew the farmer that had lost the cows and had called him. The thing was, he wouldn't be able to get them until dusk because it was planting season! So we watch the cows leisurely munch and stomp on my garden. At that point it was only an 8' x 8' patch, but all hand dug!

So the farmer did pick up his cows and I was still able to replant and have a garden that year. Maybe I should have posted this in Memory Lane.

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Oh I received my package today from Christy...

What a wonderful bunch of goodies! Are you ready?????

Here goes....

Lady Godiva Squash - I've had this one in mind to get and I'm so excited to try it! The seeds are hulless and are supposed to be GREAT for roasting. CAN'T WAIT!!! lol

Cherokee Trail Of Tears - Beans - for Snap or Dry use - This one sounds AWESOME!!!

White Wonder Cucumber - for slicing or pickling YUMMY!!!

Cavolo Kale Palmizio Senza Testa - Interesting...can't wait to try it! Used as a baby salad leaf or mature as a winter hardy vegetable.

Tomato - Ensalada - Great for Slicing in salads and for cooking- mmmmmmm love my tomatoes lol ;)

Scarlet Runner Bean - An ornamental that produces yummy beans.

Cucumber - Double Feature Hybrid for pickling and fresh use.

Pumpkin - Triple Treat - Carving, Pies and you can roast the seeds ;)

Arugula - Use in salads or for cooked greens

Sunflower Mammoth - Excellent seeds for eating or for attracting birds and the flowers are amazing!

Calendula - Edible petals for salads, they're also great for detering pests AND they are a real pretty marigold type flower as well.

Courgette - Interesting...Use as a zuke when young or let mature to a 2 lb summer pumpkin. Kewl!!!

Zucchino / Corgette Tondo Di Toscana - Little round zucchinis YUMMMMMMY!!! Young to eat raw, larger for slicing or stir frying and a little larger for stuffing. MMMMMM these sound wonderful!!!

Cucumber- Lemon- Use for slicing or pickling.

OHHH YUMMMY!!!!

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for such a WONDERFUL package :) I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Toni

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

Awesome seeds Toni! Great job Christy! :)

Becky, that was so funny! But probably traumatizing too especially after you put all the work into hand digging it. OMG I would have cried for sure! LOL

I saw a yard yesterday that has a garden wrapped around the 3 sides of the house. The only part they didn't till was the front yard. It's quite a site to see and absolutely beautiful! :)

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Kathy,
    My confirmation number says that your package was delivered yesterday. I sure hope you found it okay.
    Jeanne

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

Hi everyone! I received Jeanne's package on Friday. WOOT! I've been busy this weekend so I am just now getting a chance to sit down and drool over these wonderful seeds! :)

For extras Jeanne sent me home made extras! :) I love this kind of goodies. :D
    A handmade bag to hold plant markers
    Lots of Handmade plant markers made out of blind strips! SO cool!!!
    A card with handmade paper that has seeds embedded in them for planting. (Seeds are Licorice Basil :)

She also sent me cuttings to feed my Berry addiction LOL They are 3 different types of blueberries. :)
    And also Burro's Tail rooted babies. :)

For seeds Jeanne sent:
    Fernleaf Dill (one can NEVER have enough herbs! LOL)
    Queensland Blue Pumpkin (can't wait to grow these!)
    Banjan Roomii Tomato (new to me, can't wait!)
    Eva Purple Ball Tomato (From wish list!)
    Dwarf Gray Sugar Pea (I love peas!)
    Painted Pony Bean (From my Wishlist!)
    West Indian Gherkin (From my Wishlist!)
    Christmas Lima Bean (Can't wait to try these, honest!)
    Sheepnose Pimento Pepper (From my Wishlist!)
    Yellow Borettana Cipollini Onion (Wanted these really bad!)

I know I said that I didn't like Lima's, but in the last swap I received some Christmas Lima Cooking beans with an awesome recipe on the back. It sounds so tasty!!! So this may change the way I feel about the Lima's. LOL

I can't wait to grow these, thanks so much Jeanne! :) I love everything! :) I can tell you put alot of thought into this swap. Thanks again!!! :D

Kathy~

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

I'm glad the package arrived safely, Kathy, and that you like what I sent. Have a good time planting and harvesting!
    Jeanne

• purpleacres
    14 years ago

Howdee

sent my package out about a week or so ago and still no info from D if she recieved it.

Acres/ Tracy

will try to keep ya posted been having some health issues.

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

I posted this on the Memory Lane swap also...

My package to Nichol and Jeanne will be going out on Friday. I have had some unexpected financial issues come up with our Furbaby who was hit by a car last Monday. Not knowing the outcome of the situation I thought I would be able to send out on time. I am so very extremely sorry to have held up my partners Nichol and Jeanne.

Forrest (kitty) will be ok so the vet thinks. His pelvic bone is broken in two places (the tail bone was shattered and will not heal), and he will have to heal naturally over the next 4-6 weeks with the full recovery being anywhere from 6 months to a year. The vet told us that the surgery is out of the question because of his small size and the bill is not worth what the outcome would likely be. We finally got to bring him home yesterday after being hospitalized for 7 days. Poor little guy is stuck in a large kennel for the next 3 months or more depending on how this turns out. He also had lots of cuts on his tail and face, and a deep tear to the pupil of his left eye that healed in 4 days! Amazing to me that cats are such quick healers. Anyway, I'm sorry to have to pour out my personal life, but this vet bill has set us back and I honestly won't be able to ship out the package till Friday. Again, I am very sorry for this delay.

Tracy, I'm sorry to hear that you are having health problems. Please keep us posted. I hope you get better with what is ailing you soon! :D *HUGS*

Jeanne, I love it all! Thanks so much for all the wonderful seeds and goodies you sent. I'm sorry that I haven't been as talkative with you in this swap as I normally would. Seems like it's just one things after another lately.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Kathy, so sorry to hear about your furbaby! I had a cat that was hit by car before. She had to have surgery and was not allowed out for a month or two until she healed. She lived and lead a normal life but had a crooked tail that that point on.

Frustrated with the mail! The tracking shows Nancy's package as still being in Pennsylvania (mind you PA is a 3 hour car ride from here!) I mailed out my other partners' (for other swaps) packages at the same time. Everyone else has received there's.
    :(

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

I e-mailed you as well as posting this here, but absolutely no problem, Kathy. I am so sorry to hear about all the injuries your kitty suffered. Take good care of him. I think all of us gardeners are animal lovers, too!
    Jeanne

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Won't be long now Nancy! Your package is at least in California! I don't understand why its taking so long.

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Guys!

Sorry I have not been posting as much as usual, my allergies are so extreme this year. I cant even leave the house. It is driving me insane! The headaches make my computer time very short.

But on a happy note, I recieved my awesome package from Toni! We were partners in both the Double Delights swap and the ESS swap, so I am just going to list everything from both swaps to make it easier!

For seeds, I got:
    lunar white carrot
    ZUKES~ one ball,cocozelle,billiard,8 ball

PEAS~ sugar ann,dwarf grey sugar, manmouth melting sugar,chick peas
    BEans~ bobis d'albenga, asparagus winged, mccaslin,trifono violetto,black turtle, asparagus, pianted lady,jacobs cattle, Firetongue

Squash~ greeen hubbard, buttercup,triamble,cirrouville de tourraine, gold nugget, pA dutch crookneck,jaune gros de paris, musquee de provence, galeux d'eysines, seminole,rouge vif d etampes, acorn, tromboncino

Strawberry and Butter/sugar corns

Spicy Globe Basil
    BEETS~, sugar,Salad leaf Lutz, china rose, rat tail
    Romanesco Artichoke and Violetto

And some living goodies, plants/starts/cuttings, etc.!

Purple potatoes
    sunchokes
    Kiwis
    lowquats
    stevia
    assorted grape vines
    plumeria

Bulbs of garlic, shallots and onions

and a few chocolate goodies!

I know I must have forgotten something, sorry if I did Toni! Just so much stuff you gave me, I cant help it! LOL!

I received her box on Saturday, but with my minimal time on the computer, I only got to post now. Thanks for waiting Toni!

I am so excited about everything! How about all of those new squash to try! Half of them are new to me which is a good thing! I cant wait to grow them! And all of the stuff already grown, sunchokes, cant wait for them! Those are a first for me also!So thoughtful to have such things, started for me already, which take a lot of time, and watchfulness to make them alive! So a special thank you for all of the living stuff you especially started for me!!

Thanks again for all of the great things for our 2 swaps together!
    Christy

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Christy - I'm so glad you enjoyed everything. I sure hope you're feeling better. Sounds like your allergies really took their toll on you. Take care and no reason to thank me for waiting....just get better and take care of yourself and your family.

Toni

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Sometimes Friday can be Monday.....

I just stepped on a dead mouse that was in my office closet. BLEEEECHHHHHKKKKKK! How gross is that! I didn't even see it before I stepped on it. I got Pat, the DH, to dispose of the corpse. Now I have dead mouse stink in my office.

Aren't you glad I shared?! LOL!

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Frost Warning Tonight! I just moved all my babies into the garage. Hopefully, the gas fumes from the lawn mower and tiller won't get them. It'll be below 40 degrees F tomorrow night too. So they'll be living in the garage until Tuesday morning.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Whoo Hoo! I received my package from Nancy. Poor Nancy just had a rotten go of things for the past month or so. Without going into detail, it really did seem for every step forward she took three back. Anyway she sent me some sensational things!

For goodies she sent:
    Lemon curd - perfect for a dessert recipe I have
    Plum Preserves - perfect for another recipe I have!
    Wild Black Current Tea

For seeds she sent:
    A basil starter kit
    Nasturtiums - Jewel
    Double Delight Cucumbers
    Cilantro / Coriander
    Mammoth Sunflowers - I'm involved in a project that requests a weekly bee count visiting sunflowers - how did she know?
    Taste of Asia Long Beans
    Italian Trio Eggplants
    Birdhouse gourds
    Small Spoon Gourds (on my wish list!)
    Gentec 401 Bush Beans (I need to read about these!)
    Summer Ball Pumpkin (I need to read about these)
    Sunshine Squash (on my wish list!)
    Bright Yellow Swiss Chard (on my wish list!)
    Zucca Tonda Padana (on my wish list!)
    Lady Godiva Squash (on my wishlist and sold out many places!!!)
    American Tonda (on my wish list!)
    One too Many Pumpkin (on my wish list and sold outin many places!!!)
    Pike Melon (on my wish list!)

Thank you so much Nancy. I love everything!

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am glad you got your package Becky! I know Nancy was really having some stuff happening back to back there for a while. Hopefully she can relax a little now!

And Becky, where is your signature on my Black swap? LOL! HEHE!

Has anyone heard from Kathy at all? Kathy is usually VERY good at keeping in touch, even when something is wrong, she always lets me know. I have not heard from her in a long time, and am a little worried. If anyone knows anything, please let me know! And if anyone needs anything from our group, feel free to ask me while she is away.
    Thanks!

Besides Jeanne, have we all received from our partners now?
    Christy

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Christy, I sent you an email.

I know Nancy received her package a few weeks ago, but probably has not had the time to post.