Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abitodd

NEW: New Perennial Trade Group!

abitodd
16 years ago

This is a new Perennial Swap Group. Looking for others that would like a safe place to trade. This will be a group that will go on past the first swap. This will be a place to join in on many swaps through the future. If you have ever been burnt in a trade this is a place you will enjoy. If we have traded before please feel free to join in. If we have not traded before, please feel free to join in as long as you are willing to provide references of past trades. As several join I will most likely ask several of you to hold a position within this group so that the members will have a safe and fun place to trade. We will trade Hostas, Daylilies, bulbs, Cannas, ect... We will also trade non-plant type things from time to time and through the cold months when trading plants is out of the question. So if you are interested in a safe place to trade come join us and be on the ground floor of some great trading and lots of fun and friendship.

abitodd

Comments (104)

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Where is everyone in this group and why are you not voting for the groups name???

Deni (runnin' skeered) wants this done! lol, JK Deni, if you're gonna spank me, hang on............

Whoo........I needed that!!!

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good Morning everyone! It is finally sunny here today! Sure hasn't been for a while. But cold!
    I haven't sent my choices in yet-well-I want my own!!! LOL!
    I will be happy with whoever gets chosen.
    Hope everyone has a great day! Melinda

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Whoa, no sunshine here!!!!!
    It's pouring and blustery and I have heard thunder a couple times.
    No preference on a name so no need to vote.
    Whatever... will be fine
    Beth

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Woah,That was hard choosing 3 names....but mine are sent in.I sent my choices to both Deni and Sassy so hopefully you will both receive them.Nice..Nice..weather here today FINALLY!!Now I need to get my plants all looked at to see what did and didn't come back this year.Still a little early for some.The last hard freeze after our week of 80 degree temps really did a number on my daylilies.I'm afraid I will have lost quite a few.Well I better get outside and get something done .Hope you are all having a nice weekend.I know alot of you aren't weather wise but otherwise I hope you are : )
    Nancy

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Melinda, I don't see any reason you couldn't choose anything you like, even if its not on the list already, actually I kind of 'made up my own' but....combined it from names already suggested, so I certainly wouldn't take credit for it. Hope that makes sense! lol

I went with Cross Country Garden Diva's..........

Hope I'm not over-stepping but I see no reason you can't suggest what you'd like, it may just be the "perfect" name, but please try to go ahead and do it, I'm sure Deni would like to get this rollin'.........

Beth poor Beth! I gotta go 'kidnap' you girl! I have to get you away from that terrible weather! We had bad thunderstorms last night and this morning, but they've passed on now thank goodness. Now I can put back out all my purties I went and bought yesterday. Winds were rough and didn't want them out there.

Diane

• Lisa
    16 years ago

Not sure why you didn'y get my three choices when I sent it this morning but I just resent...hope you get it this time! Thanks! Lisa

It was a hard decision...so many good names to pick from!

Have a great day, Ladies!!

Lisa

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Hey Diane I'm comeing down to share your sunshine for a while. From the looks of the yard and road it will be at least a few days before it will be dry enough to do anything outside.
    All in all, our weather has been easy compared to some parts of the country but I'm just sick of it. I want to go out and play.Wah Wah wah and sticking my tongue out. So There!

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Across the miles swap
    From My Garden to Yours

I sent these names in a few days ago to the group, but don't see an updated list yet.

Deb

• sassyd
    16 years ago

LOL!!! You come on down girl! I'll git ya outta that funk! Hey, I tried to be nice, was gonna post pics but didn't want to rub salt into a badly depressed wound! lol
    Girl you know I luvs ya!

Lisa I got your email this time....I think it must have something to do with emailing thru the boards, not sure.

Sassy

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Sorry sweetie, we must have posted at the same time. Deni may have those I haven't seen them, but sure they'll be included. How ya doing girl? Keep getting me a few receipes, love it:)))

Okay, I know I'm worrin' ya all to death, but its raining again!!!!!! Wah wah wah and stickin' my tongue out!!!!!!!!!

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Now,I'm confused..lol which is sorta normal for me.
    Are we suppose to pick 3 from the last list and send our choice of these? OR do we submit 3 we would like to call the group ? I see some more titles listed after the list was posted.I sent in " over the garden gate" ,also like " cozy cottage" but they also are not on the list.O well,what ever is picked is ok with me.Hope everone is warm and dry.It is a very cold and rainy night in Ga.
    moonphase

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Moophase, Isn't that a song "Rainy Night in Georgia"?
    The song that fits here is, This old House, "Trembles in the darkness when the lightening walks about."
    It's not old but the storm keeps roaring like a freight train and just pounding the house. I'm glad I paid to have an extra row of cinder blocks put into the foundation.
    I doubt that anything in the gardens will be fit to send to anyone by the time I can get to them.
    Totally Yuakatini right now!!!! WaaaHHH

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Hope everyone is surviving this unusual weather! Very windy and chilly here today, blew down some of my rose bushes, stuff all over the yard....all the plants seem to be still slightly froze or in shock....my banana's and most of my annuals where hit the hardest....I think most will bounce back though.....what's really going on with this weather? I'm ready for some warmth/heat....Could somebody turn up the heat!!

Deni/Sassy....I submitted my vote. When will we know the results?

Sassy could you please email me on how to do the graphics? I've tried but it's something I must be missing. Love the kitty with the cig....I was LOL when I saw that!

Beth, I'm stickin' my tongue out with you to this weather.(this is even a bit unusal for Ga. weather this time of year.)

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY!

Jaye

• galium
    16 years ago

How much more miserable can this weather get. It's been raining for about 36 hours, now it's windy and snowing.
    Our septic system is backed up and one of my trellises is leaning over. Water is pouring down the hill in the back of our property and it looks like a waterfall. I had to quickly turn off my computer this morning so it wouldn't get fried with the thunder and lightning.

I had a tough time picking three names because I liked so many of them. We have a creative group here.

Mariann

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    16 years ago

Hi Sassy... just wondering, did you get my email too? Thanks! - Lisa

• Lisa
    16 years ago

just giving a bump...

Have a great day, Ladies!!

Lisa

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Good Afternoon All,

Just wanted to keep this one at the top of the list.....
    Giving it another bump....

It's warming up a bit...rain is coming tomorrow.....

Have a wonderful day!

Jaye

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Excited to see what our new name will be. We will have to find a cute logo to go with our name once we know what it is. Sun is shining here today but the wind is still bad.
    Hope all this bad weather leaves soon.

Shirley

• Lisa
    16 years ago

just giving us another bump!

Rain, rain, go away and come another day...lol

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Wooeee The sun is shining this morning AND there is no wind trying to rattle my house.
    Looks like a good way to start the day. Hope the rest of you are getting a break too.

• marcial
    16 years ago

I would be interested in joining the group. I have lots of hostas and part-shade to shade perennials and shade ground covers. I am doing my first trade this week, although i made trades with Dave's Garden for years. Please let me know if my haves are appropriate for your trade group. Thanks. Marcia.

• moonphase
    16 years ago

I went to your site sassy to send you my vote for the group name and got wow'd by your daylilies.Absolutely gorgeous.I have just started to want daylilies and until now,never knew there were so many different ones.Could you tell me a good source to start buying a few from.I can't buy the expensive ones but am sure there is some I can afford to start with.Thanks,Now I think spring is here so I am off to play in the dirt.
    moonphase

• moonphase
    16 years ago

I went to your site sassy to send you my vote for the group name and got wow'd by your daylilies.Absolutely gorgeous.I have just started to want daylilies and until now,never knew there were so many different ones.Could you tell me a good source to start buying a few from.I can't buy the expensive ones but am sure there is some I can afford to start with.Thanks,Now I think spring is here so I am off to play in the dirt.
    moonphase

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Just my opinion here but I don't see a need to keep the numbers even.
    Chances of everyone signing up for any given month are slim.
    If it ends with an odd number then just have the last three as a trio. A to B, B to C, and C to A. That will still keep accountability within the group.
    One less thing to be worrying about.

• Lisa
    16 years ago

Moonphase, I'm fairly new to daylilies also. I have several that are established and several more that I just got starts of last year and several starts on the way to me now...their are so many beautiful ones! I aim to try my hand at growing them from seed too. I am thankful to wonderful traders! Here are several links that might help you:

http://www.tsflowers.com/seeds.html

http://abundantdaylilies.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=437dd922a31e618aa9f2f80aaeeea4f1

Have a wonderful day! Lisa

• galium
    16 years ago

moonphase-I purchase daylilies from Oakes, Woodside and Ridaught. I ordered 5 daylilies from Oakes and they sent me 2 bonus lilies. They send at least 4 fans. I was impressed.

We are suppose to have a beautiful weekend. I'm looking forward to getting out in my gardens.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Mariann

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Well we didn't get any rain and now there are water restrictions....just giving this a bump.....

Jaye

THANKS SASSY...I DID IT!!! (big grin)!

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    16 years ago

Hi all...

The sun is finally shining here in Ohio too! Wow what a great spirit lifter after all the bad weather we had!

Just to let you know, I volunteered to help Deni compile all of your information into a spreadsheet then distribute it to everyone.

Could you all email me and let me know if you have:

1. Excel
    2. Microsoft Word

I prefer to create this in Excel and I promise to make it very easy for you all to use.

Thanks! - Lisa

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Yayyyy good for you Jaye!!!!

Quick post, we're off to the other house for the weekend, let the guys get some fishin' in. Hope you all have a great weekend, talk to ya Sunday night.

Maryanne, hope you got my email. Thank you so much! If not let me know and I'll re-send when I get back. I just love it and appreciate it so much, you're so sweet to have done that for me!

Sassy

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Thanks Lisa and Mariann.I am going to look up those sites and just maybe order a few to start my daylilies.I do have some up that I wsd that I got.I have no idea what color or kind but thats ok too.The seeds did great for me.
    Annette/moonphase

• galium
    16 years ago

I took a break from digging in the soil and took some pictures. Not much out yet.

White Bleeding Heart

Magnolia in partial bloom

Star Jasmine

Have a great weekend.
    Mariann

• Lisa
    16 years ago

Love your pictures, Mariann!

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

mariann, my magnolias are in their blaaa stage. dropping all the flowers and everything's drying up all over the ground. i leave them until the last one drops -- less clean up and then put them ni the compost pile. it's such a gorgeous tree, but so darn messy. i can't believe you have a BH flowering already. mine is popping up through the ground, that's about it.

did we get a name yet?

sassy, your email about the baby gift? yes, i got it. glad you loved it. i thought of you immediately. wanted to wait unti you were settled in thenew house before sending. it's so you, isn't it? BIG HUGS

annette, i'm sure you'll get some daylilies in trade in this group, i know when we are partners, i'll be certain to send you some as i am sure others will too.

lisa, i have both programs. i love the idea that you are doing this . KUDOS to you. gotta love a spreadsheet with everything in one place!

hope everyone got to spend some time in the sun today. we had absolutely gorgeous weather.

be well
    maryanne

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good morning all! Hope everyone has voted and is having a beautiful day!
    Now, to let everyone know how computer illiterate I am!!
    Not sure if have either one of those. Never used them. I surf the net, go to garden places, material stores on here and that's about it. I don't know how to add pics, graphics, or anything else. I have ordered a book and hope that will help me learn. My computer is fairly new so should have them both, but who knows!! Would I not be able to open it when it gets sent to me?
    Help!!
    And it's ok to LOL at this!! As long as I have used a computer I should know more!! But just never did! I laugh at myself often also!

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Melinda, don't feel alone there. I don't know either and I never open anything. Over the years I have gotten so tired of trying without success I just don't waste the time anymore.
    The gift certificate that Tina sent.... I finally got opened because the wonderful lady at Bluestone just kept trying one way after another to send it to me until finally one of them work
    I learned to put in photos only because a friend came for the weekend and she showed me step by step three times before I could do it. I still can't put a photo in a letter. Only as attachments. Guess I don't really care enough to learn. LOL I laugh at myself over it too.

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Well, Beth, I am glad I am not the only one!!! I wish I had more time to figure it out. So many things I would like to do. Was just worried that wouldn't be able to get the file open with everyones' info on it. And the cute graphics! Were do they even find all those things?!!
    Well, I'll have to figure it out eventually I suppose. Maybe my book will help-now just to find time to stay inside and do that! But it's oh so pretty outside!

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

melinda, on your start bar, click it. you will see a tab for PROGRAMS. highlight it and all the programs that are on your computer will list. in all likelihood, you have microsoft word. you will be able to open that.

EXCEL is a spreadsheet program. if you have MICOSOFT WORKS, there is a spreadsheet program, similar to EXCEL. EXCEL is a specific program, but I think aalot of people just calls any spreadsheet program EXCEL.

If you can surf the web, you're fine.

What you should seriously be concerned with is opening things (links) that come from unknown sources. and use a specific email for specific reasons. be careful with that, because every tom, dick and harry will get you on a list and spam the he!! out of you.

There's also a tutorial on your computer. Again, go to your START button and hit HELP and SUPPORT. You'd be surprised how much information is there - as well as on the disks that you (or whomever did so) installed your programs to begin with.

Maryanne

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Thanks Maryanne! I had done that before but there are so many things there, just didn't pay any attention to it! I definitely have Microsoft Works! Thanks so much! Now there are a million other things in there to check and figure out! Will be doing that! Melinda

• abitodd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

"Petal Pushers"

Sign up now to be part of our first trade. Below is all the information for the trade. You can sign up anytime from now thru Thursday 4-26-07 I will assign partners on Friday. First Trades need to be shipped out no later than May 15th.

To be included in the first trade are as follows:

1. Something Personal for your partner.
    2. Some type of odd sedum or succulent(not the usuals everyone has)
    3. Herb(s) of some type.(perennial)
    4. A colorful flowering perennial.
    5. A colorful foliage perennial.
    6. Something that will tell your partner a little about you...(this can be a small bird if your a bird person, if you collect something it could be a piece of something you collect. Just some small thing that will mean something to you and to your partner. Not anything Junky.
    7. Something you want to share with your partner or something off your partners want list.

For those of you that are way up there where the weather does not yet know its spring...if you can not send plants now send an IOU for the plants along with the est. date you can ship. For those of you have not done a trade like this before and have questions please feel free to email me. I will do what I can to help.

You have to include 1 of everything listed above or IOU's for the plants if your weather is not good yet. You can always send more things if you want. Such as, JaneDoe has on their want list 3 daylilies you have and you want to send them all three as well as 2 hostas you have and you want to send them too. You can do this and your partner will be happy. Well I would cry but that's just me...lol I would be happy though.

This trade will be our first as a group so lets try to make it a special one.

Deni

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Congratulations Takingroot and Earthlydelights! And good morning to all the new pedal pushers!
    Sign me up please for the swap!
    Off to the dentist again! And then to get some packages mailed today!
    Have a great day everyone! Melinda

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

This will be my first time in this kind of swap. I would love to participate! Alana

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

I don't have #2. Some type of odd sedum or succulent(not the usuals everyone has)Can I send a substitute.:)Anita

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

I'm going to sit this one out. I am hosting a swap, and I'm in another but I will look forward to the next one.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

I'm in again...This makes my third one for May. May is my favorite month of the year.

Shirley

• mary_s
    16 years ago

Deni, Count me in for the first petal pushers swap!
    I am crossing my fingers the weather continues to be nice here, like it has been this last week! Things are really growing and rebounding from the freeze earlier! I have tulips and dafs in bloom and I thought those tulips were done-for about 2 weeks ago! My daylily leaves may be a little deformed this year but they are alive and growing!
    I will have to go buy something for #2 and #3. Looking forward to the swap!
    Will the new database about our questionair we filled out be done by then? I did update my gardenweb trade list, too.
    MaryS

• galium
    16 years ago

I'm going to sit this one out too this month. I'm looking forward to next month though.

Mariann

• moonphase
    16 years ago

I am also going to sit this one out.
    moonphase

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Mariann love the pics girl!

Maryanne....yes girl, it is SOOOO me! Hugs & big thanks again!

Melinda, (I think) (ilovefarac) I'll be happy to email you telling you how to post pics and graphics, its very easy:)) While I'm on the subject of graphics, any of you wanting to know where to find them, just do searches for psp (paint shop pro) groups, lots of talented people in these groups will make tags for you for free, post snags, etc. And help you learn to make your own tags. Any of you wanting more info just email me, not sure if I can 'name.....names' on here. Don't want to get kicked to the curb, lol!

Congratulations Jaye & Maryanne!!!!! You go girls!!

Deni, I'm considering what to do about this month. New house, new yard, I really don't have alot to trade except a few daylilies, my hostas aren't ready to trade, my oldies I've had for years at the old house haven't come back, makes me sick. Anyway let me think on it, don't have lots to trade but girl I got a credit card!!!!!!!!!

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Hi PETAL PUSHERS!!!

Hope everyone had good weather this week!
    A big thanks to Ms. Patches for pulling my name!

Congrats to Maryanne too! I'm so excited to win something! Yes, I'm doin' the HAPPY DANCE!!

Weather has been much better this week. I was able to get out and put a dump truck full of mulch down....Oh my achin' back....ummm, legs, feet, arms....I even think my eyelashes hurt! LOL!!

Deni, I really want to participate in the FIRST swap but not much is up in the yard to do so, so I will have to sit the first one out to my dismay.
    Are we going to number each 100 posts?
    Will send list to you....be patient tho' I been busy with the homeless shelter, the yard, the grands.

Mariann, nice pics.
    Sassy, you are way too funny...."don't have lots to trade but girl I got a credit card!!!!!!!!!"
    Hi Anita!
    Now I don't feel so bad to know that I am computer illiterate, too. Waaay too much to learn and I guess like most I just don't have the patience or the time to invest in learning all that EXTRA stuff....(smile). I have way too much fun in the gardens to be still that long!
    Well off to wind down....
    Good night all,

• abitodd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jaye,

If all of you would like to number the each 100 posts that is fine with me.

I started our new forum so please look for it and begin posting there. Also I tried to come up with something as a heading for the group to go along with our logo when we have one but not really sure what to put. All of you please read it and work on it and lets get something down that sounds good before the next forum renewal.

I am getting excited about the first swap and at the same time i am sad so many of you are going to have to sit it out :( However I do understand :)~

I will see you all in the new Petal Pushers Forum.

Deni