Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

new: 100 for 100 plant swap

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

100 For 100 Plant swap

This swap will be for 100 plants ( or plantlets). You will receive back the number of plants you send in. This will be based on what is sent in. I will NOT do a post and request. I WILL however allow you to post what you will be sending in. From this list a person can send a list along with their plants requesting these plants. You can request as many as 10 of one type or a

little as one plant.

The items sent in can be BULBS,RHIZOMES, CORM'S, SEEDLINGS at least 6 inches tall and NOT LEGGY ones and MUST BE 6 INCH TALL PLANTLETS AT

LEAST! Or Plants in general,

NO ANNUALS, PERENNIALS ONLY. You are paying for shipping so

the return must be worth the cost or it is no fun so this is the reason for NOT sending in annuals.

So come on grow out those Winter Sown Extras You have and join in on the FUN!

GUIDE LINES TO FOLLOW:

1. YOU MUST SEND HEALTHY PLANTS OR PLANT MATERIAL!

2. The plants you include must be at least 6 inches tall and NOT LEGGY STARTS! They must be something you would see at a nursery or plant dealer! BULBS, RHIZOMES, CORM'S, SEEDLINGS at least 6 inches tall (and NOT LEGGY ones) are all welcomed.

3. Please send in a limit of 10 on any one variety! No more then 10 copies from one person will be allowed anything else will be considered EXTRAS and used as such! If you have different types of Tulips you may send up to 10 red, 10 yellow but only 10 of one variety of color.

4. MAXIMUM ALLOWED TO SEND IN IS 100 TOTAL! ONLY 100 items will be allowed from any one person if you send in more than 100 in total it will be considered EXTRAS ONLY! You will only receive back up to 100 plants.

5. You will be allowed to request as many as 10 of the same plant NO MORE! NO REQUESTING IN THE THREADPLEASE NOTE THAT ALTHOUGH YOU CAN REQUEST PLANTS YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE ALL OF THEM. HOWEVER, if there are only 10 of one item and many people request these plants you will receive the number of plants available after everyone who request it receives some too. If 5 people request you will receive 2 each. If 10 people request that particular plant you will only receive 1!

6. PLEASE POST A LIST OF THE PLANTS YOU WILL BE SENDING IN. THEN PLEASE CHECK THE LISTS OF PEOPLE'S POST OF WHAT THEY ARE SENDING....THEN ADD A LIST OF "WISHES" TO YOUR BOX. I WILL DO MY BEST TO HONOR YOUR WISHES. NO POSTING OR EMAILING REQUESTS.

1. YOU MUST MAIL IN A LIST OF THE PLANTS YOU SEND IN AND OF THE PLANTS YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE FROM THE POSTED LIST!

2. YOU MUST TAG ALL PLANTS SENT IN. SO I CAN IDENTIFY THEM. Also PLEASE include your GW ID on the plants mailed in so people can email you with questions if they need to!

3. ALL BOXES SHIPPED TO ME MUST BE POSTMARKED FROM MAY 21st ÂMAY 26TH ANYTHING PAST THIS DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED! NO EXCEPTIONS! YOU MUST MAIL PRIORITY MAIL!!!! (DO NOT MAIL TO ME BEFORE MAY 21st!)

1. You must include a shipping label for the return. You MUST INCLUDE ENOUGH POSTAGE TO GET YOUR PACKAGE BACK TO YOU, and maybe a little extra just in case you have a larger box coming back to you then what you mailed in. PLUS 1.00 dollar to cover the cost of the Delivery Conformation # on the return back to you.

2. NO PRIVATE TRADES!!! Plants sent in must be for the whole group!

3. Please include a few extras of each plant you send in to cover any plants that may not make it in transit. IF all the plants make it the extras will be used for Prizes in Games that will be played.

REMEMBER:

NO REQUEST ARE TO BE MADE ON THE THREAD. DO NOT EMAIL ME REQUEST EITHER. THESE WILL BE IGNORED. ONLY REQUEST YOU MAIL IN WITH YOUR PLANTS WILL BE HONORED NO EXCEPTIONS!

I CAN NOT GUARANTEE you will get all the plants you request or have listed as a wish I can only full fill as many wishes and request as the plants sent in allows.

This is meant to be fun! Let's keep it that way!

Everyone is welcome to join. You must have your plants mailed to me in the time frame allowed.

Sign ups will be taken through May 15th . If you do not have enough plant material to make it to 100 total this is fine you can still play. Just send in what you have.

Ok, you can send your plants in any quantity. Examples are:

5 Blackberry Lily

2 Arum Lily

4 Red Candy Lily

6 Bengal Tiger Canna

6 Purple Candy Lily

10 Cardinal Flower

10 White Rain Lily Â

8 New English Aster

10 Agapanthus              Â

10 Heuchera Spotlight

9 Juncus

10 Aquilegia-Columbine

10 Hosta June

------------

100 Total

OR

10 Hosta Francee

10 Hosta June

10 Blackberry Lily

10 Heuchera Palace Purple

10 Heuchera Stoplight

10 Sedum Frosty Morn

10 Sedum Blue Spruce

10 Sedum Star Dust

10 Tradescantia 'Red Cloud'

10 Tradescantia 'Concord Grape'

---------

100 Total

OR if you are very limited in what you have:

4 Hosta Golden Tiara

4 Hosta Platinum Tiara

3 Hosta Francee

2 Heuchera Palace Purple

2 Blackberry Lily

3 Aquilegia Ruby Star

---------

All you have to spare! Does not have to be 100 total plants.

:) Fran

Comments (37)

• candycow
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

wow i want in i know i wont have 100 but i defintly want in

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Opps I forgot to list who has joined:

01. ncgardengirl-Fran
    02. flwrs4ever-Kym
    03. candycow-Candy

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS OPEN FOR ME TO CONTACT YOU. I FORGOT TO ADD THAT IN THE GUIDELINES IF YOUR EMAIL ISN'T AVAILABLE I CAN NOT CONTACT YOU, NEITHER CAN ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER!
    PLEASE ADD A CONTACT ADDRESS!

Yes, Kym IS a member already she will offically join when she is back online but I spoke with her before she left and she wanted to be a part of this swap. SHE help with the guidelines too! THANKS KYM HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP GIRL!

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Fran! I am so in!

Kamil

• zinaray
    15 years ago

I would like to join, thanks
    Toni

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Fran: I want to join in. Also I have a question as to how you ship these. How d you pkg thm, box them etc.... You will have to help m out agn. :) Thanks

Nichol

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Nichol I will add a link you can follow to get a general idea on how to ship plants.

NOTE THE PLANT LABEL IN THE PICS THIS IS IMPORTANT! ALWAYS LABEL ANY PLANTS YOU SHIP!

1. You moisten a paper towel, newpaper, OR I like to use coffee filters.
    2. Wrap that around the roots of the plant and then wrap a piece of newpaper around the whole plant and place in a baggie large enough to hold the plant(s). (You don't want the plant to be placed straight into a plastic baggy this will cook it, it must be in newpaper)
    IN THIS CASE you might want to get the 1 or 2 gallon size ziplock bags and instead of wrapping each set of plants individually you can wrap a set of 10 in 1 whole sheet of newspaper and place that in the baggie. Then all 10 plants will be in one piece of newpaper and one baggy.
    DO MAKE SURE THEY ARE ZIPLOCK BAGS and get ALL the air you can out of the baggy so they do not burst of open in transsit.
    3. Place all the plants carefully in the box and tape it well and SHIP IT PRIORITY MAIL!

MAKE SURE YOU ALSO PLACE YOUR RETURN POSTAGE AND RETURN MAILING LABEL IN A ZIPLOCK BAGGY AS WELL SO THEY DO NOT: 1. GET WET 2. GET MESSED UP IN THE BOX!

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO LABEL YOUR PLANTS AND INCLUDE YOU GW NAME!

If there are anymore questions on shipping please ask but I think this link will answer most questions along with what I have posted above.
    The trick is to keep the roots MOIST the whole trip but NOT SOAKING WET THIS WILL ROT THEM! THEY ONLY NEED DAMPNESS NOT DRIPPING WATER!

:)Fran

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    I have a question:
    you said not annuals but I grow and propagate lots of tender plants some people use as annuals but I (and others) keep as perennials.
    such as-
    angel wing and dragon wing bagonias
    coleus (several kinds)
    iresine
    yellow bells
    geranums
    fushias
    flowering maples
    I keep them in my "greenhouse" and propagate them over the winter.
    would these be acceptable, I could have a batch rooted but the 21st if it is ok.
    if not I may still join I just wont have 100.
    thanks
    michelle

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Michelle
    Kym told me before she left if anyone had plants that her zone considered annuals she would still be interested in them.
    In this case I will say once you have them grown out and know what you can offer then post it and if there is interest in them which I KNOW there will be then by all means you can participate.
    I can tell you from the list above I would be interested in the Flowering Maples, Fushia, and Geraniums oh shoot I like the whole list. I will not buy colues at the store because it is an annual but I COULD use some this year as filler!

Kym asked me what I would do if this happened LOL. So I will say if there is interest in any plant that is considered a Tender Perennial or annual and there is enough interest in those then they will be allowed, but the person offering them must list what those are before shipping to make sure they are indeed wanted.
    I excluded annuals because of the cost of shipping but if ohters are ok with receiving a few tender perennials and annuals I am ok with allowing them!

Has anyone ever shipped annuals? If so did they fair well? This would also be mine concern that they hard not a hardy as perennials and will not ship as well.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

If they ship well enough, I would love the fuschia, geraniums, coleus, begonia,etc... Because these root so well from cutting (or so I have been told), it would be great to be able to start a collection of these without having to purchase. But only if we can figre out if they ship like the perennnials. Especially named cultivars instead of mixed though they wold be great too. I would just hate to pay for shipping if they do't shp well. I will see what I can find out this weekend, butI would love to plan on getting these. :)

Thanks for all of your help Fran. The link and your insructions were great.

Nichol

• zinaray
    15 years ago

Michelle, i also would like your plants,
    Toni

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Those who have joined us for sure:

01. ncgardengirl-Fran
    02. flwrs4ever-Kym
    03. candycow-Candy
    04. kamiljablo-Kamil
    05. zinaray-Toni
    06. gardenmom2-Nichol

Wow, we are getting some good participants!

I might need to think about putting a limit on the number of members....

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

G'Morning all,
    I just want to point something out. The more plants you can actually send it the more cost effective it is for you.
    Most will need a large Priority box (Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (Domestic Addresses) $13.95 12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6") this is how this will break down:
    13.95 + DC# .65
    + .65 DC#(IF you want one)to me
    + 13.95 return postage
    + .65 DC# return to you required
    --------
    29.20 TOTAL round trip using a large box

You might only need the smaller box to ship to me, BUT I will ask you pay for the larger box on your return BECAUSE you do not know the size of the plants you will be getting in return and I need to make sure the correct box is covered in postage. I am thinking everyone will need the large flat rate for returning home.

OK, IF you do have 100 plants to send in this makes your per plant cost .292 each WHERE are you gonna find them at a nursey for that?
    I KNOW this is a lot of money BUT this is also a lot of plants! And you can request one of each thing so you would have 100 different plants! (IF there are enough to do this with, even if you get some of the same things this is STILL a GREAT offering)

If you can do the small flat rate to send to me and you send in 25 plants on your return you are still under 1.00 per plant.

Again, let me say you DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE 100 PLANTS but the more you can send then the better the return.

• lgslgs
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness Fran - what a wild swap!

Please do NOT let me sign up this year, but I'll sure be watching you all and may have to join you in 2010 if you do it again.

What a totally cool Fran swap. :)

Lynda

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

lurking....lurking....hummmm

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Chris you KNOW I would LOVE to have you join us. Just don't let your hubby know you are even thinking about it LOL.

Come on folks. Where is everyone? You KNOW you want to join! LOL

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

I am thinking of posting some of what I have to see if and who is interested and in what. I thought that wayinstead of sending a few things that maybe everyone had or did not want, that would be a good way to make sure what I send is wanted. Does that sound ok Fran. Plus that lets me know a little ahead of time what to start getting ready. I won't know everything I have available yet, but I do know some things. Or should I wait. It is up to you.

Thought it might get a few more to sign up if we post a little of what we have. If you want I will keep a spreadsheet of what is offerd and by who for total numbers. Just trying to help you out a little. Let me know.

Nichol

Have a great day.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nichol I was thinking the SAME THING GET OUT OF MY HEAD WOMAN!

Maybe if you and I both post a tease someone will bite LOL.

I know some haven't signed up just yet because their plants are still sleeping.
    The reason I haven't posted even my plants is because some people get confused and others can not make it here to ask for some things that are offered on the sometimes daily postings.

HOWEVER, IF you are willing to help on this should we decide to go with this plan I will consider doing it. It does always seem to get more response when someone post what they have.
    THIS BEING SAID I WOULD LIKE TO AT LEAST BE CONSIDER FIRST FOR ANY OFFERS, in other words IF this is done PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE assign at least one plant from each offering from each GROUP to me! If you are putting up 5 different plants then I would like to be considered for one of each type!
    The host(ess) of ANY swap should get TOP BILLING NO EXCEPTIONS! THIS IS THEIR RIGHT AS A HOST(ESS)! It is not a greed thing, it is their PRIVILEGE as host(ess) to have first pick or to have something set aside for them.
    SO, if we do post a few things or open this up to post what you have availble I would like to be considered and have at least ONE of each item set aside for me. SHOULD I decide I do not want it I will let you know so someone else can claim it.

GUIDELINES to follow in the event Plants (items) are listed to choose from.
    Ok, is this understood? I don't want to miss a plant I have been seeking because I was too busy to claim something. It happened in the other swap and I do not want it to happen with the Plant Swap.
    UNLESS it is a very small group of people I do not want to see the same people posting over and over for items, give others a chance to claim something! THIS is also only fair.
    I understand being new or a newer member and excitement over a much wanted item but if you have already claimed a lot please be last in line so others can claim as well.
    THEN if there are some things left you may request again. BUT give others the chance to look.
    IF something has been posted more then 3 days and it remains unclaimed THEN and ONLY then will it be open to anyone! PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS and allow all members a chance to claim.

Swap etiquette just so anyone who reads this knows, the HOST(ess) should ALWAYS be considered before anyone else. WHY? because they have taken time to put the swap together. They are making sure the items get to you, and because of curtosity!
    I am NOT saying this because I am hosting, it is just how it is. ESP in a Plant Swap.
    It is basically an unwritten common knowledge thing.

OK, now I want to hear from others, IF you think the plants should be offered up as bait, ummmm I mean offers then please let me hear from you.
    EMAIL ME WITH YOUR DECISION and I will announce whether or not the change was voted through!

NOW ALL THIS BEING SAID: Nichol it will be up to you to keep track of it all.
    I have another swap I am keeping track of so I can't do this one too. I will help you but I can't completely do it on my own. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?
    You KNOW it gets confusing!

• candycow
    15 years ago

my email is fallcreek5@aol.com
    as for listing what i will have my gardens are just waking up m aybe in 2 weeks i will know more
    but i will definatly have lots to trade
    my gardens need to be thinned so badly after 4 yrs of collecting and hording LOL
    i am so looking foward to this swap
    dh says yes you will thin 100 out but if you get 100 back your not gaining any space OH WELL LOL

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

OK. LOL I did not mean to start something. LOL I am very willing to help with whatever and however you wish. A spreadsheet would not be hard to maintain. We used one for the cuttings swap and it worked well.

YES, you def. get first picks at everything offered. Anytime there is a swap the hostess should get dibbs first then it goes on to others. I had figured that was a large part of the other swap.

Next, I am not sure if we should list everything we have. I just thought about mentioning a few I know I will have available (that is if the frost and snow and 28 degree temps we are having right now dont ruin it). I thought it would entice others to join in the fun.

As far as how you want to go about requesting things: I have a couple thoughts. If ths is confusing, tell me and I will try again as somtimes I jumble things LOL.

In the cuttings swap I thought eerything worked out wonderfully. My only suggestin is that some of the things went really very early on or if there were only a few things availble, the couple people who happened to be at home and logged on at the time got them. SO my suggestion is that we either just tease with a few or we can start to list what we know we will have andon a set day everyone can start to claim things. maybe just a couple at first so that many get an opportunity to get a little of everything. If there are more remaining, you can always ask for more. For example:
    if over the next coupleweeks the following things were offered:
    3 blue Iris
    3 white Iris
    5 shasta daisy (short)
    3 coral bells
    3 clematis-sungold
    4 lemon balm plants
    10 hosta
    5 lambs ear
    10 coreopsis
    10 daylilly-stella

Everyone would be watching and kinda of looking at wat they want. I could make a spreadsheet (if that woul help) and email participants. Then we can start posting what we want. After a couple days, I can email the updated spreadsheet and we can post more of what we want, etc... unti we are finished.

This way everyone in the swap gets an opportunity to get things offered at the beginning, middle and end of the swap.

This would also allow that if I have 10 daylilly but people only want 6 ofthem for me to only send 6 and maybe send something else someone wants.

I dont' know. I am just rattling my thoughts. I really don't care how you do it fran. I think it is a wonderful swap and just wanted to offer help and wanted to entice others to come join us. I want for this to be as simple as having a thousand plants at your house can possibly be. LOL If you have any other ideas go for it. I think we will all be happy with however you choose to run it Fran. Just let us know. It is your swap. Now I feel like I am interfering but I really am not trying to. just want to help where I can and but out otherwise. LOL

Nichol

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nichol when was the last time someone lovingly called you a nut? LOL.

I wouldn't want to list everything I have either, just a few things to entice with as well BECAUSE we all will list what we will be sending in for sure so I can get wanted list from those.
    I too was thinking a plant tease would grab some people and this would help get some folks in here.
    Maybe we could list just 2 each of our top 2 teases? What'cha think? or 4 or 5....not all though, just something good....hmmmm I wonder what mine could be.....thinking, thinking, thinking,..........................I'll get back to you on that! HEHE

Candy, you do not have to list anything until you are ready to send your plants (nice to finally really MEET you btw! and actually communicate with you!) I will be emailing you I want to ask you something.
    Yes, you will be getting 100 replacements BUT, you still did actually THIN some things LOL!!! You will just be replaceing with something different, so doesn't that REALLY count as clearing out some plants? I thought so! So, ummmm where's the problem hehe....just say but HONEY, what I am getting back isn't gonna take up as much room, they are not mature plants with 2 foot spreads like what is out there now. You will hardly even notice them for at least a YEAR! HAHAHA....
    Thanks for giving me an email addy, it helps with communication efforts!

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Hummm, hummmm, thinking, thinking, thinking really hard...but the people signed up for this swap are the same that have been or are in the swaps Im in at the moment...we'd be trading the same plants all over again non?...Who'd want 10 more of my lemon balms, and 10 more orach and 10 more feverfew, and 10 more ginkgo, 10 more columnar english oak, bla bla bla bla bla? I'd feel like I'm just recycling the same old same old....hummm... on the other hand 100 plants (to replace the 100 that died)is soooo tempting, especially when I really need a pick me up right now, since all my indoor plants i moved outside like a dummy, into a plastic tunnel, are probably all dead, while all my tall almost blooming rare tomatoes are definitely dead...better think some more... Chris

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Chris,I am sure you have some thngs to share nd that would be a great way to replace what you lost. What temps did you get? You said you lost stuff in your plastic tunnels and I was wondering how cold it got there. I have stuff in my 2 tunnels to and I did not bring them in and I have been worrying about them. I hope I did not mess up big time. Sorry you lost so many and so many tomatoes. I bet you can come up with some though and you don't have to have 100.

Come on, you know yo wanna !!

Yeah, I know Fran. NUTS LOL

Nichol

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Hi everyone, Fran, I am OFFICIALLY signing up from FLOR EE DA....LOL DO I need to be home to sign up ??? LOL

Chris PLEASE sign up...I still owe you some cuttings, but I dont have anything you just posted...AND I plan on sending extra to Fran, so maybe we can help ya cover the ones you lost.

ok, were are all the wintersowers ????? COME ON, I know ya want to join !!!!!!!

I hope you all arent gonna list and reserve all the plants while I am away, cause If so, I am out of the swap. It was one thing I told Fran I didnt think was fair to others...anyways, talk to you all when I get home...

Hugs
    Kym

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No Kym all will not be listed just some tasty tidbits to entice with LOL. You know I don't think it is fair to list and grab either, which is also why I put a limit on how many can be asked for and said that if you have asked for a lot then you must wait until an offer remains unclaimed for 3 days before you could ask for it! At least that does give everyone a possible chance to get something that is posted, you know?
    No silly woman, you didn't HAVE to be home to offically sign up LOL. Glad your offical now hehe!

Chris HONEY you are WRONG about no one wanting what you have. I for one would take all the columnar english oak you could spare BECAUSE I need to make a fence line on the left side of the property to block the neighbors on the backside when no other trees are leafed out. I thought about getting leyland cypress trees but boy howdy that would run into money! Although I would have to get something else because I just read those oaks grow slowly BUT I can always cut down what I use as a fast grower until the those oaks get large enough to block! :D
    SO COME ON JOIN US CHRIS (oh I forgot to say, I am waving a watch in front of you) JOIN US....JOIN US....ummm is it working? :D hehe

Nichol your so sweet....

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Oh, my gosh you guys, i need to kick myself real hard and wake up from the trance... you wanna ...you wanna...
    The freezing temp went down between 26-30 F for 2-3 weeks. Even the double insulated Hawaiian gold tomato, under the tunnel with a milk jug over it is caput!

As for the inticing people bit by bit, I'm kinda the other way, Hey who has time to give a bit by bit list , when it takes already a lot of my brain cells to get a list going in the first place, i want to put up as much as i can while i still have it on my mind and request as much as i'm able while i'm online, and not feel like I'm missing out too many to make my box not worth the postage, because I didn' t go check on the new 2 plant offerings posted hour by hour, that would definitely render me useless to get my stuff done around the house, already as is, Fran has to look out for me not to miss out on a few offers i happen to miss out on when I wasn't online for a day!I assume that those joining later will know and wait for new offers still on the board and coming in...
    So for me 'dump it all out on the table, come what may and love it' is my preference, but wait, i'm not even in this swap yet shish!

• candycow
    15 years ago

fran you are driving me nuts LOLwhat did you want to ask me
    i may not post all that much but it doesnt mean i dont read
    right now i am trying to get both green haouses up and running i have about 500 kinds of seeds i want to start
    i have had hand surgery 2 yrs in a row should have had my right thumb done this summer but DONT WANT TO they id my left last yr they take the joint out and cut a tendon in the middle of my arm and make a new joint im still in pain from last yr and th\at was in june
    this yr im making up for the loss of 2 summers
    i also milk 100 cows 2 a day
    so i dont always have time to write

i know i will have lots of ssedum i have at least 20 dif kinds might not be able to find all the names but if no one wants any that i can not find names for i will not send them
    i have LOTS of dif ground cover ,several grasses i can find names for i have many diff hostas i can take pieces off i must have at least 20 dif kinds not all big enough to divide yet
    wow it wont be hard to get 100 plants my problem is i always make them to big ill have to tone it down so i can fit them in a box
    if a lot want groun d cover lmk i like to collect them and believe me i could probley make 400 plants in a heartbeat LOL im always looking for a place to put them
    i can also get strawbwrry plants and some rassberry plants
    right now in my yard im sure i have at least 350 diff kinds of plants not counting what i have already bought this yr
    like i said i am a collector and hoarder
    whew i guess i have rattled on for a while now
    everyong have a great spring day

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Chris hon, if you join I will send you offers so you can see what is offered and you can request if you chose to.
    You DO NOT HAVE TO LIST ANYTHING until you send your plants.

Nichol and I was just saying we are thinking about listing a few tidbits to get others to join since we know there are lurkers out there and we want them to join lol.

THE ONLY TIME YOU HAVE TO LIST ANY PLANTS IS WHEN YOU MAIL YOUR PLANTS IN THEN YOU ARE REQUIRED TO POST A LIST OF THOSE YOU SEND AND THE COUNT ON THEM! FROM THOSE LIST THE OTHER MEMBERS MAKE REQUESTS...
    ok now, I know this poses a problem too because if you are the first few to get your plants in the mail then there will be no list up the yet from the first couple of listings to chose from so you can EMAIL me your list of wanted/requested plants once plants start getting listed!
    SO IS IT UNDERSTOOD you DO NOT HAVE TO LIST ANY PLANTS UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO MAIL WHAT YOU ARE SENDING IN, UNLESS you have some you think will get people enticed into joining the swap! Then you can list 2 or 3 or your prized plants you are planning on sending! OK?!

Candy, I will email you now...sorry, I got busy hon.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ah, I see that Nichol also offered to email the list of any offers to everyone so really Chris you wouldn't be missing out on anything if we do some of the offers....

Candy, I just emailed you. I understand how busy you are. I have just saw you posting to join here and there and have never really had a chance to actually communitcate with you! I understand the reading the post too, I do that sometimes when I am busy I stop in to read to at least KNOW what is going on but may not have time to post at the moment. I have been really busy since we moved here.
    I am glad you have stopped in a been able to post here! Thanks for joining too, I am glad you choose this swap to participate in!!!

Now where is everyone else? LOL.

• candycow
    15 years ago

just a thought maybe we should go for less than 100 i can see where 100 plants would scare a lot of people off i myself do not think i can get 100 in a 13,95 box i know i cant the box is just not big enough
    and im sure not everyone has 100 to trade
    its your swap and im really exiced about it acually i think it is awesome but i wounder if 100 is scaering people off
    i was thinking maybe we could go smaller and then in the end od june i could do one whem everyones seedlings are bigger or you could do onother one dont want to step on your toes just offering

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Candy, your 400 plants are just about pushing me over to sign up right this minute! Who would want only 100 plants when you can get 400+ to choose from?
    Your ground covers, grasses, and hostas are beautiful music to my ears.
    I love hoarders of plant collections, I plant to be just like you, minus milking 100 cows twice a day though.
    Add clematis, wisterias and other vines,daylilies,lilies, and unusual perennials, and I am your slave!!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I stated no one has to send in 100, that is the limit of how many can be sent in.

I think people are waiting to see what comes back this year before they join.

I am gonna start color coded my post so people can pick them out and make SURE they read them.

OK here is the plan. You can now post your list of plants you are mailing in, PLANT LIST CAN BE POSTED UNTIL: THIS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ONCE I HEAR FROM NICHOL, you can choose what you would like to recieve from these list.
    Nichol will keep track of the posted list and on the last day before mailing plants out will email the final list to all the members. From this list you pick your top list of what you would like to receive back.
    NO GAURANTEES WILL BE MADE THAT YOU WILL GET ALL YOUR WISHES FILLED IT DEPENDS ON HOW MANY REQUEST ARE MADE FOR THAT PLANT.
    YOU MUST SEND IN A LIST TO ME OF WHAT YOU WANT AND WHAT YOU ARE SENDING IN.
    IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO PRINT OUT A LIST OR HAND PRINT ONE YOU CAN SEND ME .30 EXTRA FOR ME TO PRINT A LIST FOR YOU. THIS WILL BE TO COVER MY PAPER AND INK which is not cheap, either way I HAVE to have a hard copy to look at while I am filling boxes.

Nichol can you get the compiled list emailed to everyone in time?

THE MAIL DATES MAY BE CHANGED, IF SO I WILL POST A WHOLE NEW POST WITH ALL THE NEW INFO INCLUDED AT THIS TIME.
    NICHOL, IF I CHANGE THE MAIL IN DATE the day you have to EMAIL THE COMPILED LIST WILL BE MAY 24th it is a SUNDAY are you ok with this?

OK, I am tired and I will change whatever tomorrow after I hear from Nichol.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Yep. I can email on te 24. I will work on the spreadsheet tonight during swim practice that way it isready to go as we get plants listed. Sounds great.

Been crazy busy. Will post more tomorrow since there is no school and it is going to rain. AGAIN. AGAIN. AGAIN.

Nichol

• antiqueorchid
    15 years ago

Lurking...Will look to see what is popping up outside. That will give me an idea if I even have enough to make it worth it.
    Denise

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok Nichol,
    I will repost the info in another thread then with the new info and shipping deadlne sometime tonight.
    That way everything will be in one place easy to read and understand at the top and no one should miss it, IF they do it is because they just are not reading it!

The new title will be 100 Limit Plant Swap then maybe more people will actually read it and understand they do not have to send in 100 plants but that is the limit of total plants to send in.

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    ok I think I will go a head and try this one, but I will send only about 20 or 30 plants, I'm glade we don't have to send 100, like candy I could never get 100 in the box.
    get back to you with my list
    michelle

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Sounds Great !

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

PLEASE SEE NEW POSTING FOR THIS SWAP THIS THREAD IS NO LONGER THIS SWAP THE NEW ONE POSTED ON THE LINK BELOW IS THE CORRECTED SWAP AND INFO THANKS FRAN!!!!!