Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulan70

NEW: Garden Genie Grant Me A Wish Swap

paulan70
14 years ago

Ok Ishareflowers (Lisa) and I have been chatting over email about this swap. And we would like to do a wishlist swap. People will be able to list up to 20 of their most wanted seeds and then others can hopefully fulfill thoses wishes. And swaps need to have guide lines. And so here are ours.

1. Please limit the wishlist to 20 items.

2. Please list them on this message so all can see.

3. Is there no limit to how many wishes you can fulfill

4. There is no guarentee that someone may have all of what you want. But someone should have at least 1 of you wishes.

4. HAVE FUN

Ok this is how it will work since Lisa (Ishareflowers) is better known here than me the packages will be mailed to her.

Now how this goes is we will have enrollment until April 30. That gives us 2 weeks. And then the wishes should be able to reach Lisa by May 15th. And then Lisa will take a week or two depending on how many wishes are sent to her to seperate everything and mail out. So the mail out date for Lisa should be May 29.

Now You of course will mail the wishes to Lisa in a bubble envelope or box padded well enough. But you will also need to provide a SASBE with 4-5 stamps. Please I may have over estimated the postage since no wishes are the same so it is best to have them not attached and I am sure Lisa can toss the extra back into the envie before mailing.

This is where it gets tricky if you want to be surprised by what you get please post that and hopefully someone who has wish for you will keep mum or if you wanna know what to expect say so, and maybe the person can tell you what they have for you..

Fulfilling a wish.. Ok you can either write for who it is on the seed envie or say put it in a labeled snack baggie or something to that extent. But I want to make the part of seperating everything easy as possible for Lisa. So maybe info on the seed in front and for who it is on the back. That is up to you. I just don't want to have Lisa going back over the list and guessing who it was meant for.

And please everyone have fun.

And please let me know if I forgot to mention anything I think it is all covered.

Paula

Comments (150)

• susantexoma
    14 years ago

My seeds are on their way -- I mailed them off this morning. I was able to fill wishes for almost everyone, plus I sent some extras too -- hope you all will enjoy!

Susan

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

I've been working on my package today.. it's getting Full! :)

Hugs,
    Wendy

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I just sent out swap boxes and the blue seeds swap..so this one is next.."wondering if I have a problem".."G"

• booberry85
    14 years ago

DH hid the address label stickies form me. Do you think that's a subtle hint? LOL!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm waiting anxiously for envies to stuff! I've finished packing up everything but some choc.mint.

Lisa

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Mine went out today, (and Annie, I got your message JUST in time to add some 'mix for you). There should be at least one or two things for almost everyone! *hops up and down despite boyfriends stares*

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

mmm mmmm chocolate mint... mmmmmmmmmmmm
    *hint hint* LOL

:)

~Wendy

• susantexoma
    14 years ago

Chocolate mint sounds awesome (I just looked it up on the Dave's Garden site) -- I would love to have some of those seeds too, Lisa, if you have enough extras.

Susan

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

I am almost done...will finish tomorrow and send out on Thursday!

Laura, THANKS for the hummer/butterfly seeds!!

Must run......

Annie

• joy_unspeakable
    14 years ago

Hi all -

Finishing up getting all of my seeds together - I hope to have them in the mail tomorrow morning. I came across some Snapdragon 'Tetra Mixed Colors' in my seed box. I was checking to see if anyone would be interested in these. I think they are probably from 2005 or 2006. Didn't want to send in old seeds as extras unless someone wanted them.
    Have a great day!

~Tracy

• ashcraftbunch
    14 years ago

Ithink I might have something just for everyone and i'll send some extras... mine will go out the end of this week....
    .Jamie

• candycow
    14 years ago

i did not get the addy please email me at fallcreek5@aol.com

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Candy,

I sent you an email with my addy

Lisa

• paulan70
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry I got a little behind. Plus I thought I had a big enough bubble envie here and come to find out I don't so I will have to run into town and pick one later this week. So I will be getting my envie in the mail either this weekend or first thing monday morning.

Paula

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Lisa ~ would you pls email me your address again? I *thought* I was being smart and put it in a separate folder for 'safe-keeping'... but now I can't fig out where the heck I put it ! :P dum - de - dum -dum

Thankyouuuuuuuu!
    ~Wendy

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa,

Seeds went in the mail today! Here's the DC# 0308 1400 0001 1260 7106

• susantexoma
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa,

Here's the DC# for my seeds too (I forgot to give it to you earlier): 0308 1400 0000 8340 4957.

Susan

• zubababy
    14 years ago

Lisa,
    My seeds are on the way DC#
    0103 8555 7497 7334 5749
    Kristi

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Sassy, I'll send you an email momentarily

Whoo hoo... seeds in the mail, this should be fun!

Lisa

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Is it momentarily time yet? lol

I can only be on the net another 15mins or so tonight. If not I'll get it by this wkend when I can get online again.

Hugs,
    Wendy

• joy_unspeakable
    14 years ago

Mailed mine out this morning. Can't wait to see what comes back!

I put in a few dollars instead of stamps. Don't worry about delivery confirmation. And thanks for hosting!!

~ Tracy

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

Mine are on it's way, too. I also put dollars instead of stamps. DCN not needed. I sent about 100 packs. Thank you for hosting, and thanks again for the Cherry Brandy seeds from the contest. See you later. Treasa

• ibartoo
    14 years ago

I am working on my envie, I will get it mailed this weekend. Thanks, Linda

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

I am off to the PO later this morning...I will post the DC # later on today. I must say, a few of you were tough...tough...tough regarding seeds that you wanted and/or seeds on your member exchange list! But I tried...LOL!

Lisa...$ was sent!

Have a great Thursday!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hi All,

I just came back from the dollar store, I picked up some Xlarge baggies so I can stuff peoples seeds into these until I receive everyones bubble envies.

The mail hasn't come today but I suspect that there will be an envy or two in there for me to sort.

LET"S PLAY A GAME.......... This will be for a unopened packet os scabiosa scarlet sundae.

I was given an Italian name at birth "Lisa", what is the english translation?

Happy guessing!

Lisa

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Elizabeth...Oath of God or to swear to God

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

No, it is not Elizabeth!

• joy_unspeakable
    14 years ago

First guess would have been 'Elizabeth'.
    How about 'Betty'.

~ Tracy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Tracy, YOU GOT IT! I'll add them to your envy.

Susantexoma, I got your seeds, Thank you for packing them so nicely! It took less than 5 minutes to put them into the bigger baggies for each person.

Lisa

• booberry85
    14 years ago

FYI: Postage rates go up on Monday, May 11. You may want to try and get your packages mailed tomorrow or Saturday to save yourself a few pennies.

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Lisa,

Seeds went out this morning...........

DC # 0306 0320 0003 2777 0398 from zip 92678

Thanks much!

Annie

• joy_unspeakable
    14 years ago

YAY!! I won something. Thanks so much.

It should not take too long to sort the seeds I sent in. (Some of you have hard lists to fill - especially since I'm a veggie person). I even looked through everyones trade list pages. So I sent in the few wishes I could fill and some extras. Hope that's OK.

The garden is spouting and filling up quite nicely! But if it doesn't dry out soon, I'll never catch up on all those weeds!

Happy Gardening Everyone

~ Tracy

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Lisa...responded to your email!! Let me know if you do not receive.

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Treasa, becky, Tracy and Kristi I got your seeds today.

Kristi, I have to let the group know that you sent in a ton of seeds, not only were they bagged nicely for each person but a very LARGE bag of extras to be divided amongst everyone. Thank you!

I would like to know who is interested in receiving extra veggies. I thought that I would seperate the extra flowers and veggies.

I will only add veggie seeds if you say that you can use them.

Please let me know here. Thanks

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Treasa, becky, Tracy and Kristi I got your seeds today.

Kristi, I have to let the group know that you sent in a ton of seeds, not only were they bagged nicely for each person but a very LARGE bag of extras to be divided amongst everyone. Thank you!

I would like to know who is interested in receiving extra veggies. I thought that I would seperate the extra flowers and veggies.

I will only add veggie seeds if you say that you can use them.

Please let me know here. Thanks

Lisa

• paulan70
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lisa

I sent off mine today. I included cash for the way home. Sure I would love some extra veggie seeds. But I love flowers the most. Thanks

Paula

• zubababy
    14 years ago

Lisa,
    I don't need any more veggie seeds this year, Thank you.
    Kristi

• joy_unspeakable
    14 years ago

Mostly veggie seeds please.
    Thanks!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Annie,candy,nancy and Laura I got your seeds today.

some of these envies are filling up quickly and I haven't added any extras yet!

Lisa

• susantexoma
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa,

No extra veggies for me, thanks. I'd love to say yes to them, but this is my first year gardening in Texas and I hear growing veggies here can be very tricky...so it's mostly flowers for me this year.

Susan

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Lisa,

I am easy....send me whatever works for you and the others!!! I like it all but I am not greedy...really...LOL!

Annie

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I'd like mostly veggies please!
    Thank you!

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

this is my first veggie gardening year and I have all I need..but I will take extra flowers!

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

I'm OK with veggies with my flowers. LOL Thank you. Treasa

• ibartoo
    14 years ago

Sorry everyone, I got lost. I am found now tho and will mail my seeds Monday. Thanks so much, Linda

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Just flowers and herbs for me please and thanks!

~Laura

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

mine will be going out tomorrow!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

HI ALL,

Paula, I got your package, thank you, it was a five minute task!

Treasea, I opened your package and all of your seeds are in there loose with no names so I'll treat them as extras and toss one into each envy until they are gone.

I wish photobucket wasn't having issues, I'd love to post a pic of the extras that have been sent in.

I'm waiting to get all the envies in before I begin the drop one in each until all the extras are gone.

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

HI ALL,

Paula, I got your package, thank you, it was a five minute task!

Treasea, I opened your package and all of your seeds are in there loose with no names so I'll treat them as extras and toss one into each envy until they are gone.

I wish photobucket wasn't having issues, I'd love to post a pic of the extras that have been sent in.

I'm waiting to get all the envies in before I begin the drop one in each until all the extras are gone.

Lisa

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

seeds are out and gone!