Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susandonb

squash swap on the way!

susandonb
17 years ago

Dear Friends,

I would first like to apologize for the delay in posting and getting the squash seed swap wrapped up.

I spent nearly all weekend trying to accomplish my goal and failed miserably!

I would secondly like to say that I got up at 4:30 this morning to complete this and they are being mailed today.

Third, I give all of you Hosts who host "seed" swap my undying affection and respect, this was one of the most horrifying experiences of my life!

If I ever offer to host a "seed" swap again you ALL have permission to come to my house and SMACK me one up side the head!

I was so overwhelmed and you may very well have ended up getting some of your own seeds back. I tried to fulfill requests and hope you are all satisfied with the seeds you get. I do not expect abounding joy to ooze from each of you I will be thankful to see calm satisfaction and escaping with my life is my goal. :)

I have been successful at hosting many types of swaps but this was my first seed hosting, it involved a great deal of head scratching, a couple of loud "Arrrggghhh's" that startled my dog who was faithfully keeping me company at 5 am and one cut finger (paper cut, but it still hurt) sniff, sniff.

I won't even tell you about the surprise I was trying to accomplish that my computer refused to cooperate with, but needless to say I will be using the pieces of mentioned computer as compost.

Please continue to allow me to share in swaps and maybe even give me a hug sometimes.

Thank you for your patience.

Susan (sleepy in NC)

Comments (12)

• northernmich
    17 years ago

So the surprise isssssssssssss free compost? :)

I did a swap once...but it was the traveling envelope kind. Keeping e-mail, real names and Gardenweb nicknames straight along with location was a bit confusing but everyone had patience with me...or else they were good at pretending :)

You could have posted on April Fools with a good prank...oh well, to late. Awaiting your package in Michigan.

Patiently too :)

Earl

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hey Susan,
    Yep! It's confusing. It helps if everyone has their real name and GW name on each envelope of seeds but in the end, it will be fine. Don't be loosing sleep over it.
    Hugs,
    Beth B

• northernmich
    17 years ago

Got my package of seeds today-cool!

I also now have about 11-12 inches of snow...did someone see Spring?

Thanks much...
    Earl

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Susan the seeds arrived today. Some interesting surprisaes in there. It will be fun ti see them growing.
    Thanks for hostessing and
    HAPPY EASTER

Beth

• patrob
    17 years ago

I received my seeds today. I sent 20 packets, 12 different varieties, no more than 2 of the same, as your rules stated. I received a total of 8 packets in return. I don't understand. The packets I sent were clearly labeled with my name, and I went to a good bit of trouble to send an interesting variety of seeds. I was hoping for something similar in return.

• boballi
    17 years ago

My seeds came today what a great Easter surprise! I'm looking forward to growing these new and exciting varieties.

Thank you Susan for hosting!

Thank you fellow Swappers for the great seeds!

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello everyone,
    Patrob I first want to say I wanted to email you privately but I could not get your email address. As I posted earlier, I did not do this very well, It never dawned on me to keep track of how many seeds someone sent. I am very very sorry. I have some squash seeds of my own, not a great selection but new and a few I can send you as well as lots of other veggie seeds. I will do whatever I can to make this right for you. Please let me know.

Thank you,
    Susan
    I am glad that so far the rest of you are happy with the swap, but I expect others may not be satisfied, so again I apologize, if anyone else is disappointed please email me privately so that I can fix this.

• patrob
    17 years ago

Susan, I sent you an email this morning. Hope to hear from you.

• astilbebstillz6a
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I received my seeds and I would just like to thank all of you for the nice varieties and for the recipes as well, I can't wait to try them! A special thanks to Susan for a job well done!(sorry it was not a positive experience for you.) I enjoy these swaps so much! May all of you have a bountiful garden!...Marylee

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you all for posting here. I am glad some of you were happy with the swap. Again I am sorry for the mess I made of it and the people who were not equally reimbursed for their swap. Anyone who is unhappy with what they got please email me and I will try and compensate with some other seeds that I have. I have alot of veggies and can spare quite a few.
    Thank you,
    Susan

• pajohnso
    17 years ago

Received my seeds last week and was on vacation so am just now posting. Can't wait to try the varieties I received and the recipes look great, can't wait to try those as well! Thanks for hosting this swap Susan, it sounds like it was a trying experience, but hey, at least you tried!! Kudos to you hun ; )

Paula

• purpleacres
    17 years ago

howdee

I am actually in the same boat as patrob. I send far more than I received. Its no problem though I wanted to make you aware of it. Like I need any more seed I have boxes of them and a half of a green house full of plants. I am just excited to try all the new varieties this yeah. I started twice as many tomatoes as I usually do 200 this year. I will surely be a busy bee..

Purple