Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

NEW: Incredible Edibles: I Can't Garden With Out...*may*

Michelle Reynolds
15 years ago

Hello

welcome to Incredible Edibles: I Can't Possibly Garden With Out...... swap for May

In this swap the theme is for you to send your partner the one or more seeds/plants you absolutly must have each year in your garden, and a little note why it is you must have, plus any other seeds/plants you think you partner might like.

Sign ups start now and will end April 29th, I will post partners on May 1st, and you will contact your partner for their address. you may not be sending to the same person that is sending to you. there are so many swaps right now that if you have someone that you want to swap with please e-mail me and I can try to match you up with the person you want, also if you have traded with someone recently and want to be sure you swap with someone diffrent, let me know who you have swaped with in the last 2 months.

please post here to sign-up

thanks

michelle

Comments (44)

• gardenkitteh
    15 years ago

I wanna play.

• strmywthr3
    15 years ago

I'll play too!

Barbi

prev incredible edibles swap with booberry85 and happyseed.

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I'm out this round, but will be lurking. Thanks again Michelle, for hosting May's swap.

Becky

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

I'm in! I can hardly wait to see what people can't live without :)

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Sorry, I won't be joining in this month. I do a very limited number of veggies and have just about every type of herb. Will try to join in on a swap with this group later though... just for fun!
    Jeanne

• amanda_socal22
    15 years ago

I would like to join.... I signed up in the other thread and I just found this one.

As this is my first swap with this group how many different items are we to send our partners??? and how many seeds per packet??

Thanks,

Amanda

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello
    welcome amanda you send a good assortment of plants or seeds, I like to send at least 10 diffrent kinds of seeds and some plants if you have them.
    and there are guide lines as far how maney seeds in the info for the seeds swaps. but if they are seeds you purchased from a catalog or the store it is commonly exceptable to send around 10 seeds if they are large, and 25 small.

so far we have
    1. gardenkitteh
    2. strmywthr3
    3. sunnyk
    4. amanda_socal22

we still have plenty of time for sign-ups
    michelle

• amanda_socal22
    15 years ago

Thanks... It has been awhile since I have done any trading on this site and I just wanted to make sure that the rules have not changed!!!

Looking forward to this!!

Amanda

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

Howdee there

I have yet to be in one of the Incredible Edibles swaps yet and am interested in this one. I would like a bit more info if posible. Do we just send seeds? Can you send gifts and trinkets too? What is the dead line?

Just let me know. Thanks and this sounds fun

Acres

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello
    acres - you can send plants/starts/seeds/gifts as far as I know there is no deadline for shipping I'm just hosting this month becouse they needed someone. I will not be swaping this month, I have given my self a limit of 2 swaps a month. just please try to ship in the month of april, if you will be late just let your partner know.
    if there are any more questions please let me know.
    michelle

• strmywthr3
    15 years ago

I thought this was for the may swap and shipping in may?

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

I thought this was a May swap as well...I think that Michelle meant to say May...I hope :D !

I am big on sending/recieving seeds myself ,so I have to show a small amount of restraint and limit myself to a certain amount of trading a month :) LOL...

Donna

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello
    sorry I did men to say end of may, just a little boo boo.
    michelle

• gardenkitteh
    15 years ago

A couple questions just occurred to me.

Will we be able to find out what our partner has so that we don't send them stuff they've already got?
    Is the person we send to the same as the person who sends to us?

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello
    gardenkitteh - you can ask your partner about what they have, but it can spoil the surprise. I will leave it up to you. as far as pairs, I can set you up eather way, with the person that is sending to you or not, it will depend on if there are an evan number of people or not.
    thanks for the questions
    michelle

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

howdee

I have far too many things going on this month I may try next month.

Thanks

Acres

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

Hi, I'd like to participate in this swap.

I sent to Linda (scentsfromheaven) for the very first swap (tomatoes and peppers). I had to bow out of Odd, Odder, Oddest for various personal reasons including car trouble.

Maybe I could swap with hmle2217 this time if she signs up again. She has a small apartment garden like I do, so whatever she can't garden without is almost certain to fit in my small space. :)

Or I could swap with Amanda, whose Z10 climate seems compatible.

• beth_b_kodiak
    15 years ago

Hi All, I have not done any swaps in several months but am now growing a few herbs and tomatoes in pots. They were my #1 Priority so I guess that makes them something I can't garden without.
    I'm living, traveling in my RV so no room for much but I'd like to be in on this and am seriously searching for the real Greek type of oregano. One plant or a few seeds would make me quite happy.
    I'm in Texas now and heading, slowly for Colorado. I'll need to give my partner an address when it is time for shipping.
    Beth B

• lissa140
    15 years ago

I want to play!!
    Melissa

• montanalady
    15 years ago

I am a newbie and would like to play this round robbin if you can get back with me to let me know all the hows. I would love to hear back from you.
    thank You
    Mary Lou

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello
    mary-lou I will partner up people with a buddy, you will get that buddies address and send them a box of plants/seeds for their garden. you will get a box of plants/seeds from your buddy or maybe from someone else. most if not all your plants should be edible fruit, herb, or vegie.
    player list so far

1. gardenkitteh
    2. strmywthr3
    3. sunnyk
    4. amanda_socal22
    5. grovespirit
    6. beth_b_kodiak
    7. lissa140
    8. montanalady

I will post partners next week unless you want me to close sign-ups and post partners sooner. just let me know
    michelle

• beth_b_kodiak
    15 years ago

I have found the Greek Oregano. Hope it does well and maybe even produces some seeds for next year.
    I am loveing this part of Texas. It is caled the Piney Woods section and seems to have a fantasic climate for gardens. Two of my three tomatoes are bloomng already. Strange thing is that "Early Girl" is the one with no blossoms.
    I'll be here one more week then will spend about two weeks making my way to Colorado. I will transplant into bigger pots when I get there. That is where I am spending the summer. and I hope the tomatoes don't think I have played a cruel trick on them.
    Michele hope everyone who signed up s still on board for the swap. I'm excited because I have not done any swaps in a while and am looking foreward to this one.
    Beth B

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

I am sorry folks, but I need to drop out of this swap.

Hubby had surgery recently. Because of complications from surgery including infection he is not recovering well. :(

He will be at home, bedridden, for a while yet. I need to focus on him & will not have the time or energy to handle this swap well.

Thanks,
    grovespirit

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello
    well I think we had all the sign ups we are gonna get, so I'll post partners, since we have an odd number I will join in.

1. gardenkitteh
    2. strmywthr3
    3. sunnyk
    4. amanda_socal22
    5. beth_b_kodiak
    6. lissa140
    7. montanalady
    8. micyrey

here are your partners

montanalady and lissa140

micyrey and beth_b_kodiak

amanda_socal22 and sunnyk

strmywthr3 and gardenkitteh

please get in touch with you partners to swap address and try to let your partner know about when you will be able to send. try to send by the end of may. beth I will e-mail you later, I gotta get the kids ready for school.
    have a great day everyone
    michelle

• gardenkitteh
    15 years ago

I have made contact, and my package is ready to go out at 2:00PM today.

Whoohoo! (okay, and I just a little too excited about this?)

• donaldjames
    15 years ago

I might be too late, but if not... I'd love to get in on this exchange! (Sorry, rather new, and just noticed this was a current offer!)

Maybe someone wouldn't mind taking on a second partner if there isn't the oddball waiting around?

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello donaldjames
    sorry unless someone posts that they want another partner we are all set here.
    maybe next month
    michelle

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

I can do 2 partners..as long as both are happy with seeds and no plants :) Let me know !

Donna

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Sent a message to my partner Amanda_socal22. :)
    I am so excited!!

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello
    sunnyk - if you want to trade with 2 for this swap please get in touch with donaldjames and let them know and send address.
    thanks
    michelle

• beth_b_kodiak
    15 years ago

Hi Michelle, Your wish list looks like some edibles for butterflies might be acceptable. Am I right?
    It would be OK with me for you to send tomatoe seeds for next year or any garden surprise as long as it can grow in a pot.
    Beth

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

I will send Donaldjames an e-mail and see if he is still interested :) Thanks!!

• donaldjames
    15 years ago

SunnyK (Donna) and myself (Donald) are partners also... Just sent out her SASBE today (5/1/08). Hope you enjoy them Donna!

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Sent out to both of my partners ,Amanda and Donald, yesterday afternoon. Let me know when you get them guys. Enjoy !!

:)

Donna

• donaldjames
    15 years ago

Thanks Donna! Got them today! Lots of interesting things that I am looking foward to planting! Hope you enjoyed what I sent!

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

I recieved my package from Donald this afternoon.Wooohooo!! :)

Thanks Donald, I am totally excited about my new seeds!! :)

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Lurking! Lurking! Lurking! So what couldn't people garden without?

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Donald couldnt garden without:
    Tomato 'Jelly Bean'- I am so stoked for this one!!
    Eggplant 'Black Beauty'
    Pepper 'Sweet Banana'- yum
    Lavendar- and to think I was going to buy this on the weekend LOL
    Horned Melon- sounds totally cool
    Purple Kohlrabi- never had the purple kind...cant wait :)
    Beans 'Royal Burgundy'
    Baby Kiwi- Actinidia Arguta, I am excited to grow this , but I may need my swap partners help with it.

Thanks Again Donald :)

I am in love with these swaps. I get the coolest stuff from people!I cant wait to see what Amanda is sent me...heck, I cant wait to find out the theme of Junes swap LOL!!

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Has anyone else recieved from their partner yet?? Curiosity is getting the best of me LOL!

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello

sunnyk - I don't know about anyone elce but beth and I are witing to send till beth gets settled in CO. prob next week at the earlyest.

this might be a good time to ask for someone to host next month, I only was going to do it for the one month becouse I'm host for another group and need to concintrate on it. so whoever wants to host for next month feel free to post a sign-up for it.

see ya
    michelle

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

I just got my package from Amanda, and Wow so many cool things!! I love my seeds. I hope she got my stuff too!! :)

• beth_b_kodiak
    15 years ago

Michelle, WOW, I'm here and it is so beautiful.
    I mailed your package this AM amd here is the DC#
    03051720000092349540 Hope it arrives by Sat.
    They have lovely gardens here around the headquarters bld. and have told me I can spend part of my work hours tending them.
    How KOOL is that? I don't know much about high altitude gardening but, maybe it is similar to gardening in AK
    I expect to need to bring my tomatoes inside every night for at least a couple more weeks.
    Beth B

• beth_b_kodiak
    15 years ago

Is anyone else still watching this thread?
    I have some pieces of rooted French Tarragon and of lemon balm to trade. I'll offer them here first before trying on the plant swap forum.
    Oh, and chocolate mint too
    Beth B

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello
    I got my box from beth today, her can't garden with out is bronze fennel. I love this too, but I just let the black swallow tail caterpilars have it.
    she also sent rue, a great basil, a summer squash, rosemary (I'm gonna try to root it)everything looks great and very healthy.
    thanks so much beth I love them, please let me know where and when to send
    have A great weekend
    michelle