Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

NEW: ****Clean Out The Seed Box Swap****

Michelle Reynolds
14 years ago

Hello

This will be a straight swap for all the seeds you just didn't use this year and for us to stock up the seed box for new things for next year.

please make sure all seeds are clearly marked, no older than 07 please, and packaged so they don't leak out.

send in a bubble envie with postage or money for return shipping depending on how much you send, it is much easyer to go to the post office with money for shipping rather than 20 or so envies and dozens of diffrent kinds of stamps, so if you send stamps please make them all forever stamps.

you will get back the same amount of seeds or more than you send or less if that is what you want. if you send bonus seeds to be donated please mark them.

sign ups will go till may 15th, I would like seeds in by june 1st, or at least in the mail by then.

if you want to make sure you don't get back any seeds you sent please send a list of what seeds you are sending or mark each pack with your GW name.

please include your real name/GW name/ address in you envie.

there is no limit on seeds send as few or as many as you want, but if you send in over 100 and we don't have many players you may not get much veriety.

please have at least 15 to 20 seeds in each packet, but if you have packs with less feel free to post a list of only those seeds you have less than 15 seeds in the packet and if players want them they can claim them. if someone claims them please mark them for the player to get them.

if you have any questions please post them here.

thank you

michelle

Comments (101)

• j_and_c
    14 years ago

Please send it to jimmieb79@yahoo.com if you haven't already.
    I'm not sure how to set up an email through GW. Thanks.

• j_and_c
    14 years ago

I got the email, and I have requested seeds packaged for Lorraine, Michelle, and Billie. I'm not leaving anyone out, am I? Please let me know of any other requests soon so I can mail them out soon. Thanks.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    I got 2 envies of seeds yesterday, both nice and fat. I also have the requests from marianns seeds writen down, so no problem there.

1. robin1962-2008
    2. booberry85
    3. j_and_c
    4. paradisa
    5. wind_red
    6. galium ***receved***
    7. ibartoo
    8. cntrygrlathrt
    9. Divahethr

1. flwrs4ever (? STILL THINKING)
    2. aliciay
    3. sguanzon
    4. quiltingfox ***receved***
    5. victorian_bellefonte
    6. ramazz
    7. candycow
    8. smitties
    9. appaloosa 909
    10. micyrey
    11. urmymom
      if I missed anyone please let me know I'm no as organized as I am in the winter, I get distracted by the nice weather.

jackie- the envelope should be padded bubble envelope, or wrap a bit of bubble wrap around the seeds then put them in a manila envie. the seeds should be seeds you don't need, 10 or more seeds in each baggie of seeds, you can send $ for postage $1.50 or $2 should be fine for upto 30 or 40 bagies of seeds.

well I'll continue posting when I get envies in
    thanks everyone
    michelle

• cntrygrlathrt
    14 years ago

I got your add michelle, I'll send seeds out monday. with j and c package marked.

have a beautiful day everyone!
    Billie

• cybermeowz
    14 years ago

I'd like to join this swap if that is okay. I guess I'm getting in just under the wire. :)

Penny

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Goodmorning
    well this is our final line up, I'll start sorting as the seeds come in. if there is anyone else that want to join thats great, just make sure you can get the seeds in by the due date.
    1. robin1962-2008
    2. booberry85
    3. j_and_c
    4. paradisa
    5. wind_red
    6. galium ***receved***
    7. ibartoo
    8. cntrygrlathrt
    9. Divahethr

2. aliciay
    3. sguanzon
    5. victorian_bellefonte
    6. ramazz
    7. candycow
    8. smitties
    9. appaloosa 909
    10. micyrey
    11. urmymom
    12. cybermeowz

have a great week end everyone
    michelle

• ibartoo
    14 years ago

Michelle, I am sorry, but I need to drop out of this swap. Mom had a heart attack and I need to go to her. I would love to get in on the next swap. Thanks, Linda

• galium
    14 years ago

Hello All-Michelle is going to be out of contact for about a week. Her computer had an accident and she is out now shopping for a new one. If anyone needs her address please email me and I'll send it to you.

Linda-I'm sending prayers and warm thoughts to your mom.
    Mariann

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

I mailed my seeds out today :)

Andrea
    Appaloosa909

• j_and_c
    14 years ago

I should be ready to send my package out tomorrow. I have 55 whole packets and 12 partial packets, 8 of which are taken.
    Crystal

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Hi Michelle,

My seeds are in the mail! Hope your (new) computer is up & running soon.

Linda, sorry to hear about your Mom. We had a scare with my Mom last year. Fortunately, they were able to get things back under control using medication. My Mom was still in the hospital for a week & a half while they tried to regulate her blood pressure & blood thinner levels.

Mariann, thanks for stepping up & helping out with the swap.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    I may be back, but I'm not making any prmises yet(LOL)
    I have changed internet carriors and don't quite know how this one works yet.
    I also hae a new e-mail, it is on my info page

so sorry linda I hope to see you back soon and best regards to your MOM

big thanks mariann for the help. I hope this new ISP works out.
    thanks everyone for your patience

michelle

• smitties
    14 years ago

I am almost done getting my gardens weeded, mulched, and seeded with new flower seeds. I will be sorting through and compiling my list this weekend and have them in the mail by Tuesday or Wednesday. That should get them to you before the June 1st dealine.

I definitely have too many seeds. I can share plus keep some for any replacements for anything that does not germinate the first time through. We have had a sunny dry week with 80 plus today. Not a great germinating situation. I am trying to keep things moist but it gets tough on work days. I am certainly not complaining about this long overdue great weather.

I can't believe it is almost time to start the circle of harvesting again. LOL I have the early spring blooming plants almost ready to give up their seeds. I just can't let a good seed go with out being harvested.

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

Michelle,Would you please send me your address again?Somehow I have lost it. Robin

• victorian_bellefonte
    14 years ago

Hi all,

Between the frosts and then hot days, I have lost a number of seedlings (wish I had that greenhouse!). I need to replant, so don't know what I have to send, and sorting it out will take a while. Sorry for dropping out so late in the game, but hopefully next year will work out!

Elizabeth

• ramazz
    14 years ago

Mine are on the way.

Becky

• j_and_c
    14 years ago

My computer also had a little accident...

I did get the seeds shipped and the confirmation number is:
    0308 0070 0000 8822 5089. Thanks again for hosting, Michelle.

Be back soon,
    Crystal

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    I have been receving envies but I'm trying to get cout up and finnish a fabric swap before I rilly get this one started, I was saposed to just have one swap at a time but with my computer problems they kind ran together. but I have the fabric swap done and will be shipped today and then I will go through the envies and post the ones I receved. I will also start sorting them so we have as quick a turnaround as possible.

have a great day everyone
    michelle

• cybermeowz
    14 years ago

Just letting you know that my seeds were mailed today. I sent in 50 packets of assorted veggies, herbs and flowers.

Penny

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    ok I was going through the envies and someone sent me an envie with no name, no return address, no GW name no return postage and no note. I can not give you credit for this unless I know who sent it. I also can't return it becouse I don't have a return address, so I am at a loss of what to do with them.
    if you can identify them please let me know.
    thanks
    michelle

• smitties
    14 years ago

My seed package went out yesterday. I got down to the post office and realized I had not brought the postage money with me. I knew I wouldn't be back in town for a couple of days so tossed stamps inside the package to cover the cost of sending back.

Please keep most of the seeds for extras and don't worry about making sure I get back as many as I sent. My goal was to get rid of seeds. :) Just a few in return would be fine. If you happen to get some things on my "wants", that would be great too.

Again, thanks for hosting this exchange. Margo

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Michelle,
    Can you post who's packages you did receive and how many unknown packages you received? It may help if someone knows they sent in their seeds but you don't list their name.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hi all
    I have a sneeky feeling I know who sent the seeds and they don't want anything in return and wanted to be anonamous.

1. robin1962-2008
    2. booberry85 ***receved***
    3. j_and_c ***receved***
    4. paradisa
    5. wind_red
    6. galium ***receved***
    7. ibartoo
    8. cntrygrlathrt
    9. Divahethr

2. aliciay
    3. sguanzon
    5. victorian_bellefonte
    6. ramazz ***receved***
    7. candycow
    8. smitties
    9. appaloosa 909 ***receved***
    10. micyrey
    11. urmymom ***receved***
    12. cybermeowz
  • robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

Hi Ladies,I`m sorry but I have to drop out.I am so overwhelmed with taking care of my gardens and my mother`s since she has been so sick this spring.I just can`t keep up with it all. Robin

• paradisa
    14 years ago

Hi all!

Things got busy here but my seeds are going out today!

Hopefully we will get some sun this weekend - got enough rain. Need to get out and plant.

This is fun - Thanks for doing this Rnd-robin.

Lorraine
    Paradisa

• candycow
    14 years ago

can someone please send me michele addy
    fallcreek5@aol.com

• sguanzon
    14 years ago

Sorry to be late sending mine out - they will go out tomorrow!

Sue G.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    I got a few more envies this weekend, don't worry sue it looks like we will be getting a lot late but you know the saying "better late than never" it's not like we are all waiting to getthe new ones back to plant them this spring.
    candy if you just go to my trade page my e-mail is there but I will try to get that to you soon

1. robin1962-2008 dropped
    3. j_and_c ***receved***
    4. paradisa
    5. wind_red
    6. galium ***receved***
    7. ibartoo
    8. cntrygrlathrt ***receved***
    9. Divahethr

2. aliciay
    3. sguanzon
    5. victorian_bellefonte
    6. ramazz ***receved***
    7. candycow
    8. smitties
    10. micyrey ***receved***
    12. cybermeowz ***receved***
  • divahethr
    14 years ago

i sent mine over the weekend I hope it gets there tomorrow! take care

• smitties
    14 years ago

I thought my envelope would have arrived by now. I hope it makes it there soon. It doesn't usually take this long for my packages to get to their destination. I will keep watch on the posts here.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    well no envies monday or yesterday
    I will keep watching for them
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    I got 3 envies today, well one was a box,thank you miss heather the plants are great, my first heuchera, yay!! and the hosta is very nice too. thanks so much.

3. j_and_c ***receved***
    4. paradisa
    5. wind_red
    6. galium ***receved***
    7. ibartoo
    9. Divahethr ***receved***

2. aliciay ***receved***
    3. sguanzon
    5. victorian_bellefonte
    6. ramazz ***receved***
    7. candycow
    8. smitties ***receved***
    10. micyrey ***receved***
    12. cybermeowz ***receved***
  • paradisa
    14 years ago

Michelle,

Hi! I mailed my package when I said, but I found it Tuesday on the counter under a pile. One of my kids must have gotten the mail and put it on the counter. It came back for more postage due! Anyways I took it yesterday to the P.O. got more postage and you should have it by the weekend. So sorry for the delay.

Lorraine

• divahethr
    14 years ago

they are getting ridiculous with their postage dues. If I stick 3 stamps it comes back but if I go to the counter it's $1.22

• paradisa
    14 years ago

I hear ya. It is never the same cost twice, even though the envelopes have the same amt.of seeds or just a card in them. It is frustrating to say the least.

• smitties
    14 years ago

Glad to see mine finally arrived. You just never know about the post office.

I love how they report that the cost of a stamp will go up but they fail to mention that the other mailing costs are going up as well. I know I don't send letters like I used to but I sure mail a heck of a lot more packages then I ever have.

I find it hard to believe they don't have as much business as they used with all the online shipping and auctions. You would think they have a lot more product shipping.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    I got 2 more yesterday, are these all that are on the way? I have not heard from several people since thay signed up, so I'm guessing they dropped. if I don't hear from anyone in a day or so I'm gonna call this one closed and start sorting, so if you sent and do not see your envie receved please let me know ASAP>>>

3. j_and_c ***receved***
    4. paradisa ***receved***
    5. wind_red
    6. galium ***receved***
    7. ibartoo
    9. Divahethr ***receved***

1. aliciay ***receved***
    2. sguanzon ***receved***
    3. quiltingfox ***receved***
    4. victorian_bellefonte
    5. ramazz ***receved***
    6. candycow
    7. smitties ***receved***
    8. appaloosa 909 ***receved***
    9. micyrey ***receved***
    10. urmymom ***receved***
    11. cybermeowz ***receved***
  • ramazz
    14 years ago

I looked back through the messages and Ibartoo did say she had to drop out. Candycow asked for your address on May 29.

Becky

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks becky, I must have missed linda's message
    candy did send me an e-mail that she sent last week.
    victoria and windred I think have also decided not to send, so when I get candy's I will sort and get them back on the way.
    thanks everyone
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    ok I got all the envies in and ready to go back, except sue's (I need to e-mail you about something)
    I will try to get them to the PO today, if it ever stops raining.
    I sent some of you newbees more than you send in to help you build a seed stach.
    have fun going through your new seeds
    michelle
    ps thanks to everyone for playing

• paradisa
    14 years ago

Michelle,

Thank you so much for hosting this RR. Appreciate all your time spent. It has been a fun one. So excited - can't wait to see what seeds I'll give a new home to. I'll definately be stalking the mailman! LOL

This is my first time growing flowers from seeds, I winter sowed some and they came up good. Only problem are the ones the sun faded the markers on - those will be surprises!

Thanks to everyone else for sharing your seeds!

Thank You,
    Lorraine

• j_and_c
    14 years ago

The anticipation is driving me crazzzy! I stalk the mailman now! Hehe.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

More bills than seeds today in the mail.
    :(

• smitties
    14 years ago

Received my package today with some great seeds to plant next year. Thanks Michelle. All your hard work makes such great fun for all of us.

• galium
    14 years ago

Michelle-My seeds arrived today. Thank you for hostessing this swap. I'm very happy with all the seeds you sent me.

Thank you to everyone who shared their wonderful seeds!
    Have a great day
    Mariann

• divahethr
    14 years ago

WHOOP WHOOP!!!
    You never cease to amaze me, Michelle!!!
    Thank you so much for the wonderful seeds!!!
    My seeds arrived today...can ya tell? lol

• cntrygrlathrt
    14 years ago

Michelle... thank you for hosting the swap, awesome job sending seeds. I can hardly wait to start seeds for next year. I think I will start some in a few weeks and give for christmas gifts!!! j and c thank you so much for the tomato seeds. I have a question for you if it ok to email you off this thread. I have not grown tomatoes from seed before.

Happy gardening everyone. Have a bright beautiful summer! Billie

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

got my seeds today... Thanks for a great swap Michelle.

Some of my seeds have kind of criptic names.
    Incredible (corn?? sunflowers??)
    Red Sun (sunflowers?)
    Fuzzy Purple (?? not a clue)

Thanks again,
    Andrea

• ramazz
    14 years ago

Michelle, got my seeds in yesterday's mail. I am holding them in the fridge for next year, though I may sow a few before that. Thanks for a great swap!

Becky

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Received my seeds over the weekend. Thanks so much for all your efforts Michelle. Thanks so much to everyone for the great seeds.

Sponsored
DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!