Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frances_coffill

update: obf - april worship the green goddess

Frances Coffill
13 years ago

OBF Green Goddesses

I am Selene The Greek Moon Goddess.I yearn for the lovelies that bloom & perfume the night. A moon garden brings me great joy! Pay homage to me & your nights will never be dark. ~~~ I am Frolic I love to take a chance, play, laugh, prance, sing, pull pranks and be whimsical. I am known to kick up my heels and "frolic" anytime, anywhere. Some might get embarrassed being around me but that is their problem, not mine. They are probably miserable. However, I am not angelic. I despise liars, thieves and phonies. I loathe selfishness and arrogance. Individuals with even one of these despicable flaws are not welcome at Frolicka, my home, my turf of merriment. Watch out! Do not sneak in! My dog, "Boy" will grab you by the tongue and throw you to the 8 legged red lion named "Good\-bye". Tiz not a pretty sight...... No need to get on your hands and knees to adore me in worship. just do as I do.... Frolic Baby Frolic! ~~~ I am Caffeina Goddess of Energy and Clear Thinking. The patroness of coffee, tea, and other caffeinated drinks or foods, Caffeina is the Roman goddess of energy, stamina, and determination. Usually portrayed as a beautiful woman rising from a coffee cup. ~~~ I am Melia I am quiet, peaceful, thoughtful. I love the things that are simple and thrive in my temple(house)under my heavenly beams(fluorescents). ~~~ I am Narcissus Who was loved by Apollo and was counted among the most handsome young men. I was the son of the river god Cephisus and the nymph Liriope. When I was sixteen years old, the nymph Echo fell in love with me, but her love was not returned and she disappeared from woods and mountains, fading away except for her voice. Other gods in return caused me to fall in love with my own reflection in a pool of water. Despite this unfortunately outcome, I am proud to be remembered among the Springtime flowers. ~~~ I am Artemis I am Artemis, a super sexy tomboy virgin goddess. Very early in my life I sat upon (daddy) Zeus' knee and demanded a long list of things, including his word to never force me into marriage. I am also very committed to my Mother, Leto and defending her, earned me the name "Arrow\-pouring." I have spent much time running through the woods like a hunter, but I am a strong protectress of young women and men! In exchange I demand perfection and the punishment for those who don't meet my expectations is often Death!. ~~~ I am Lavender I created all colors of purple that gardeners see. Light Purple, Medium Purple, Dark Purple, & Lavender. Purple Irises, Purple Daylilies, Purple Phlox, Purple Tulips, Purple Clematis, Purple Hellebores, Hostas that bloom purple, Purple butterfly bushes and so on. So you see without my colors our gardens would not delight in the color purple. Most of my treasured purple plants also like the sun and are perennials. ~~~ I am Happy Fields Where I walk serenity follows. I am fanned by warm breezes even on the harshest of days. I cast out dark shadows and replace them with light and contentment. I am a Goddess of light and prosperity. All are welcomed and embraced in my fields. And I am a color of a rainbow... all encompassing. ~~~ I am Isis I have been a Goddess of many things during my life. Though I often complained of being cursed with looking like a Fertility Goddess. I was a Greek Goddess in my younger days. I was often called "The Goddess of Chia Pets". I was never a Domestic Goddess. Nowadays I often wear an Ankh(Egyptian symbol for eternal life) charm necklace. ~~~ I am Hemera Goddess of the day. I am bright, warm, and ever changing. Like one of my namesake flowers the hemerocallis (daylily), I can be any way I want, from bold and showy to small and demure. I am constantly changing, (and changing my mind!) but I am loyal and always come back the next day. ~~~

Comments (150)

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Melissa
    "Good" wine is really a matter of personal preference. I love a good Chardonay or Sauv. Blanc Both of these are on the dry side (not sweet) and(the good ones) have complex flavour/scent combinations. Sauv.Blanc is my fave for refreshment, but to savour I prefer a nice complex chardonay.

If you like a sweeter glass of wine, There are some refreshing chenin blanc out of California, fresh and 'green' (slightly fruity) rather than cloyingly sweet. (Very nice with a bit of lemon-esqe soda in a tall glass with ice too) I am not very good with American wines yet, after 10 years I am just getting my bearings.

Do you prefer sweeter or dryer wine?

In Canada we have a 'sugar' or 'sweetness' scale for all wines sold. This is left up to the Winery here in NC and I am sure the rules are different where you live.

Have a wonderful day!

Frances

• luckyladyd
    13 years ago

Hey Bunny! I've been lurking here from time to time and saw you are trying to find your favorite wine! Can't resist that subject!

I think the only way to learn what you like in wines is to go to tastings. We lived in Sydney, Australia for a year and made the rounds of all the great wineries there. (Also gained many pounds that I blame on the wine and the cheeses there :) All I know now, for sure, is that I love Australian wine (except Yellow Tail. Yuk!)

Start by deciding whether you prefer white or red. Then if you like light or hearty. Then sweet or dry. My children, still in their twenties, prefer sweeter wines like merlot (red) and reisling (white), while DH and I are into Chardonnays and Shiraz or Cabernets. When buying wines that I am not familiar with, I try to judge by their grades from the Wine Advocate or the Wine Enthusiast or one of those who give advice on those little tags on the shelf. You can learn a lot by reading them.

Hope that helps! All this talking about wine . . . I think it's cocktail hour right now!

Later,
    Dottie

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Melissa, I agree with Francis and Dottie. Wine is very personal.

I would hit some wine bars/wineries in your area and do some tasting. If you are not at all used to drinking wine of any kind, you need to find out what your palate will enjoy. Some people will only drink certain sweet wines or certain dry Chardonnays and so on. You could buy a very expensive bottle of wine and despise it. I might love it but it would make you gag or visa versa. Wineries are nice because there most likely will be several wines to try out and they give you smaller amounts to "taste". If you do not care for it, you dump it.

Dottie, I do enjoy the Australian wines as well. I have not been to AU but Trader Joes in California carries great wines from all around the world. I love Trader Joes and it loves me!

I do enjoy my wine. However, I do not drink it in the morning....well, unless I am a wedding or a party or at Mass....LOL!

Happy Tuesday!

Annie

• luckyladyd
    13 years ago

Annie, I'm so jealous! You have Trader Joe's with WINE! We just got a TJ's but no spirits or wine. We have a Joe Canal's store. Seems to have the best selection of Au wines. I'm also jealous of your living in CA where there is MAD wine! (Once went to a wine tasting of local wines here in NJ and wasn't impressed. Asked the sommolier - I'm sure I spelled that wrong - what he would recommend for growing vines in new jersey and he said, "potatoes!")

Hello to everyone else! Off to watch The Good Wife.

Dottie

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

I hope I don't get this posted twice. I don't think I clicked the second time when I typed before. Anyway, so sorry, but I got really sick when I got home on Monday and my package will be even more delayed. I will get it out as soon as I can. I called the doctor's office and they say this lasts a week. Arg!
    Jeanne

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hey all!
    Shirley I just put the finishing touches on your box and its on its way to the PO in the morning. :0)

Have a great night everbody!

Will post DC tomorrow...
    See ya!
    vina

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    13 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Are we ready for me to post the May swap? Will be back later tonight to do so unless anyone objects.

Theresa

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Good morning everyone!!
    Happy Friday!
    Shirley your box is in the mail. Unfortunately I forgot the DC. I mailed out 6 boxes all different plant swaps. And I didn't get a DC for you. I am so sorry. It was mailed in the morning (Thursday) and you should have it by Saturday. I'm guessing.

Thanks for such a fun swap!!
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

Ladies, thanks for the wine tips. I have to admit that I know NOTHING about wine. Except that it's mostly made from grapes. LOL I am looking forward to trying some, though, now that the baby's here. I think I'm more a "sweet" wine type. It'll be fun to find out, anyway. :) I sure could use some relaxation.

How is everyone else? I hope ya'll have had a great week. I'll post more later, when I don't need a nap so badly... lol...

Hugs to all!!

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

Annie, I haven't forgotten your box, I swear! The end of the semester barreled down like a freight train (week and a half to go!) and everything else had to be set aside temporarily, but I do hope to have it in the mail in the next few days. Abject apologies, kind Goddess Frolick! *Low bowing.*
    ~Laura

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Laura,

No low bowing or apologies necessary! Don't sweat the small stuff. School is more important!

Carol,

I am planning on sending your box out on Monday! I will post the DC# after I send.

Happy Saturday to all!

Annie

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good Morning Goddesses

Status

are the results!

1. Jeanne sends to Treasa

2. Vina sends to Shirley SENT

3. Treasa sends to Laura

4. Annie sends to Carol

5. April sends to Remy RECIEVED

6. Laura sends to Annie

7. Remy sends to Jeanne

8. Shirley sends to Deborah

9. Deborah sends to Vina

10. Carol sends to April SENT

The Last date to mail out your packages is the 26th! (Tomorrow, wow this month flew by) Jeanne not to worry if you are not feeling well, thank you for letting us know! If anyone else is having problems getting their Goddess offering in the mail on time please let us know (contact your partner to let her know)

Sorry I have not been a good hostess this past week, things have taken a turn, thank heaven for spring I am not sure I could cope without all the glorious greenness and blooms of spring!

Have a wonderfl day everyone, I will try to get back and post some more this afternoon!

Frances

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

Well seeing the list I don't feel so behind anymore. Annie, your offerings will be going out first thing in the morning, DC# 9405 5036 9930 0214 5588 77.

Frances, I hope everything is OK over there. Sending you all the hugs and support you need, for whatever you need!!
    ~Laura

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

We got some rain over the weekend so I got out to dig some plants and they and the little gifts are all packed up and ready to be mailed tomorrow. I hope you like what I am sending, Treasa. I'll bet our temperatures are quite different, but I tried to pick out some sturdy plants!
    Jeanne

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Jeanne,
    It has been raining and raining! I can not dig : ( So fingers are crossed the weather gets nice soon. I promise the box will be worth wait for a Goddess such as yourself!

Frances,
    Love the pics again!
    I haven't received anything yet, lol.

Shirley,
    I feel for you and your mom. It was the same with my grandmother. She wanted to go home from the rehab. She went home and had care, but unfortunately ended up needing 24 hour care because of needing assistance to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. She is in the nursing home now. It is a very good one though, and since she is mentally aware, she has quite a few of the aides that like her.
    Remy

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Treasa's package was mailed this morning and I sent the confirmation number to her.

Remy,
    Don't worry about hurrying to mail the package to me... whenever is fine. I am not worried. (Would be nice if you could tuck some of the rain in with the plants. We got a little over the weekend, but can always use more. I just came back in from watering things with the hose. Gee, if I was in the wish swap, my wish would be for an irrigation system. I guess it's a good thing, I didn't sign up - my wishes are too big!)
    Jeanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Evening All....

Sorry to be behind in mailing out my box.We had bad weather a few days ago & my computer was hit by lightning. We didn't have a surge protecter(YOU BET WE DO NOW!) so it fried the sucker!...Anyway we had to buy new computer & I'm now back online & have my addresses.Will get in gear & get my box out this week!

later...April

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Goddess Carol,

Goddess Frolic has finally sent your box off........

DC# 0309 2880 0001 0796 8425 from 92812

Thanks,

Annie

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good Morning Goddesses
    Status

Here is our status so far: (everyone is running a bit behind this month!)

1. Jeanne sends to Treasa

2. Vina sends to Shirley SENT

3. Treasa sends to Laura

4. Annie sends to Carol SENT

5. April sends to Remy

6. Laura sends to Annie SENT

7. Remy sends to Jeanne

9. Deborah sends to Vina

10. Carol sends to April SENT/RECIEVED

Did I miss anyone!

Melissa
    Congrats on your new bundle of joy! I cannot imagine my spouse delivering a baby, I am so happy for you all! Time for a glass of wine and a tub full of bubbles to celebrate!
    Jeanne
    Wow! Watering already!!! I haven't watered anything but seedlings yet, I know it cannot last, but it is good to see everything so green and lovely without having to water!

April,
    Been there done that, Hope you got a good surge protector, we lost more than one computer to power surges, it is very frustrating (and expensive)

Remy
    Thank you!

Laura,
    Thanks for the well wishes.

Everyone! I hope that the weather and mother nature are being kind to you! My yard never looked so good! All of this rain and cool temperatures has everything looking lush and green (we know that can't last) but it is good for what ails me while its here!

Have a glorious day!
    The new arrival

looks good enough to eat!

• lovingmy4babies
    13 years ago

I sent to Vina, mailed yesterday, no DC because I the postperson was rushing me to close, and I forgot!

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Happy Wednesday everyone!
    Frances those pictures are lovely! I especially like the little bird. I wish my camera took shots like that but when you try to get close it gets all fuzzy :0(

Shirley, has my box arrived yet?

I just looked and see my box is on its way...whhoooo hoooo :0)

Have a great afternoon!
    vina

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Shirley,
    I went into the living room to change the channels on the TV last night. Whatever Gary had left on was over and another program had been on and I wasn't interested. Anyway, I stopped at one called something like America's Treasure Hunts. I thought well that sounds interesting. So I catch the beginning of a segment about a town in NC where you can mine for rubies. Yes, it was your town!! It was very nicely done and made your town look really good. I want to come visit now, lol.

Jeanne,
    I shouldn't complain about the rain. A little over an hour from here had snow yesterday! It of course was beautiful today and I worked all day. Oh well that's spring for you.
    Have a good night,
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Remy-Ruby mining is really big here and vacationers visit often to do it. Some say they are salted meaning they plant them so word will get out about the great find. One of the biggest ones ever found around here was in Tallula Falls, Ga. The story goes men were running power lines and one of the workers found it. Update on Mom::she seems to do better as each day progresses. I do her laundry, house cleaning and take most of her meals to her. I'm so afraid she will fall again and have caught her several times without the walker. It really helps that she lives beside me and all her children. Of course my two brothers don't help that much. Wonder why it is always left up to the girls to do everything?

Vina- My very special box did arrive....Oh what fun to open each special gift. You wrapped them beautifully.
    I received:::::
    Daylily Morning Glory
    Crocosmia Emberglow
    Sib Iris Silver Edge
    Citronella Wrist Bands
    Lip Balms
    Sweet Dreams Lav. Cleansing Soap, Body Lotion, Body Wash & Face Cloth
    Lavender Flower Stepping Stone....just beautiful

Vina I have never seen the citronella wrist bands. Can't wait to try them. DH and I both go through lip balm like crazy. I am going to pamper myself and use all my lavender goodies tonight. I have my daylily and iris soaking and will plant them tomorrow eve. Thank you so much for a terrific box.

Now the bad news.....Deborah your box will be mailed tomorrow...I have gotten so far behind this week it was not possible to do any earlier. Hope you like what I have chosen for you. Oh can you send your mailing address to me at Shirley.Speed@shawinc.com. I'm hoping to get dishes done and retiring for the night so I will get the address at work tomorrow for the mailing. Thanks

Frances-I know which iris it is that you posted a picture of. It's Living Legacy and I also sent you Vibrations but it blooms a little later than Living Legacy. I found the list of all plants I sent you. I have never had irises bloom so early here as this year.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Miss Laura,

Miss Annie just opened the most wonderful box of "Frolic".
    I just love everything....so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goddess Laura hit a grand slam!!

I received.........
    *A lovely card
    *A big bag of mixed glads
    *Several seed varieties...tomatoes and flowers
    *Crystal mud....I need to check this out!
    *Seed baggies
    *Purple garden gloves
    *A colorful bag with a manicure set, French manicure kit, lip balm and two lip glosses
    *Blow bubbles...the two German Shepherd beasts of Frolicka love bubbles
    *Orange Mint hand lotion
    *A sunhat with flowers windchime....So cute!
    *Texas Turtle coffee
    *A flower garden stake
    *A deck of cards
    *A handpainted mini pot with eyes and lips....darling!
    *Three garden pinwheels in pink, orange and green

I hope I did not leave anything out.
    Oh my...this was wonderful.

Laura, thank you so much for sending all of this my way....so very thoughtful! I will enjoy it all!
    Annie Frolic of Frolicka

• veeja11
    13 years ago

I just received a wonderfull box from miss frolic.
    arena lily
    oklahoma lily
    canna tropicana
    african daisy
    hand trowel
    hand pruners
    respect bag
    daisy bag of candy
    large dark chocolate hershey bar
    kleenex
    chapstick sonoma garden flag you sure know how to pack a box, thankyou Annie I love it all. one can never have enough lilies big hugs
    happy goddess ?? also a cute hula girl card hugs carol

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Good morning everyone!

Remy, I had snow a couple of days ago...it lasted all day. The flakes were huge, it was windy, cold and depressing :0(...however, it wasn't cold enough for the snow to stick. So everything got watered with really cold water and now today its going to be 67 and tomorrow 77....CRAZY NY weather!!

Shirley, SO glad your box made it to you. I started to get nervous with no DC. Ruby mining sounds like alot of dirty fun...who knows what you could find? And so glad your Mom sounds like she's doing better. And your right its ALWAYS left up to the girls to take care of it...boy don't get me started :0)

Everyone's boxes sound fabulous! Can't wait for mine to get here.
    Super busy day today...have a great one!!
    vina

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Remy~ Just put the finishing touch on your box. The delivery confirmation # is 9405 5036 9930 0218 8308 01.
    Hope everyone has a great day!!!

later...April

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good Morning Goddesses

our status so far:

1. Jeanne sends to Treasa SENT/
    2. Vina sends to Shirley SENT/RECIEVED
    3. Treasa sends to Laura
    4. Annie sends to Carol SENT/RECIEVED
    5. April sends to Remy
    6. Laura sends to Annie SENT/RECIEVED
    7. Remy sends to Jeanne
    9. Deborah sends to Vina SENT/

Did I miss anyone!

Shirley,
    Thank you (I willl write those names in my journal (every year I start out with the journal...) I am glad that Vibrations blooms later, the iris have been blooming in very odd sequence this year, and you are right they do seem a bit early (odd considering that we had the coldest winter in many years)

You are lucky to have your mother near by and she is lucky to have you and all of her family close.

Remy
    They also mine Emeralds and other precious gems in NC, big business for tourists. I have never been but my BIL and family went to Hiddenite a few years ago to try it! (their daughter is a rock hound like me)

Vina
    Thank you, we have baby birds all over the garden every year. I get down on my hands and knees (quite a sight I am sure) and chase them around. This little guy ran right toward me! The Robins, Jays and Thrashers have NO FEAR at all! Don't try to get close to a baby Mocking Bird though! Their parents are positively FIERCE!!!

I have to run, so much to do! I hope that you all have a fabulous day!

Frances

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Oh Mercy...Deborah evidently did not get my request for her address so her box did not go out today.

Does anybody have it?

Please send it to me....not sure when her box will go out I will be out of town tomorrow but will try for Sat.

Shirley

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Shirley

Remy has her questionar

Good Morning Goddesses

our status so far:

1. Jeanne sends to Treasa SENT/
    3. Treasa sends to Laura
    5. April sends to Remy SENT/
    7. Remy sends to Jeanne
    9. Deborah sends to Vina SENT/

Did I miss anyone!

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Happy Saturday Everyone!
    I received my box from Deborah today!
    It contained:
    Impatients
    Wax Begonia
    Snapdragon
    Black Seeded Lettuce Seeds
    Zinnia Seeds
    Cosmo Seeds
    Morning Glory Seeds
    Sunflower Seeds
    Set of 4 flower coasters
    Earl Gray Tea
    Daisy Notebook

Thank you for everything Deborah!

Happy MAY DAY! :0)
    vina

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

Man, those four flower coasters I photographed and had made up have certainly made the rounds! I hope you like them Vina :).
    ~Laura

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Hi All,
    I came home to my box from April. What a great box! She really packed in the goodies : )
    In it was:
    Tomato Isis Candy- for the Goddess Isis!
    A homemade Chia head, LOL, for the Goddess of Chia Pets. (I told Gary he could grow some hair.)
    A cookbook for my collection! 'Sugar Bi#ches' LOL what a title : )
    A little floral note book
    Jiffy Peat Pellets - I used up all I had so this is good
    Lip gloss - for my addiction
    Glad Always Spring candle
    Iris Dover Beach
    Iris Jean Marie
    Iris Going My Way - I'm expanding out front. They will all look great out there.
    Agave Desmettiana variegata- looks pretty

Thank you April for such a wonderful box!

I forgot to tell you all why I was called a few of my goddess names.
    I was named Goddess of Chia pets by a guy friend I once knew for the long hair I used to have.
    I was named Greek Goddess in college by a few friends because I was in a sorority.
    I always joked that I looked like a fertility Goddess because of my Dolly Parton like figure I had. Yes, I had enormous boobs and the behind to match, lol.
    Gary bought me the ankh necklace sometime after we got married because of how I like to watch the ancient history show and how we had to go to Mexico because I wanted to climb the pyramids. The Goddess Isis(Goddess of nature) is often depicted holding an ankh.

Vina,
    I hope you warmed up out your way. It was very warm here today. Though I missed most of it. I got home with just enough time to get the front lawn mowed.

Shirley,
    I did email you Deborah's info. If you didn'y get it let me know.
    You said it about the girls ending up doing every thing! My grandmother just called me again for more stuff. She expects me to do everything.(My mother is getting a big kick out of this up in heaven!) I do have to say my brothers have been good to go see her quite a bit. It is my 3 cousins that have only gone to see her once. I don't think my uncle's wife has gone to see her once.

Frances,
    I never knew about the emerald either. I would love to do that sometime. Even without finding anything I think it would be fun. I've collected rocks here and there over the years. I gave most of them to my friend's son for his "museum". He's a little cutie. He says he wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up.

Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good Morning Goddesses

our status so far:

1. Jeanne sends to Treasa SENT/RECIEVED *DC verified
    3. Treasa sends to Laura
    5. April sends to Remy SENT/RECIEVED
    7. Remy sends to Jeanne
    9. Deborah sends to Vina SENT/RECIEVED

Shirley
    Have you got Deborah's address yet?

Has anyone heard from Treasa? Hope she is doing ok!

Remy
    I have always been a rock hound, love the pretty colour rocks! In Ontario (where I come from) there are many places where you can find Amethyst (and other quartz crystals)
    The reason to visit NC though is for the Mountains!
    Gotta run, another busy day!

Peony have started to open! Roses are really getting pretty, but the Iris are still the star!

Some more pretties

Does anyone know what this is?

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Frances

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Morning everyone!
    Laura, I love them! I had them out on my bistro set on the deck, my daughter saw them and now they are area rugs for her dollhouse...what can you do? :0)

Oh Remy! My daughter wants to be a paleontologist too. For her 100 days of school project I hand drew 100 dinosaur bones to make a T-Rex. She cut them out and we glued them together. She's only in kindergarten. When it was done it stood over 6 ft tall. She has it hanging in her room right now. The funny part was that the only wall we had available to work was in the kitchen. My Billy (21 months) would rip it down anywhere else. Every morning for a week it would scare the beegeeiss out of my husband in the morning. :0)

I love rocks!! As you can tell by my yard.:0) I find them everywhere, corn fields, even on the side of roads. All the rocks in my yard I have hand dug, washed and placed there. You know, maybe I really do have OCD? :)

Frances, beautiful pictures. So jealous...my iris' are still a couple of weeks away. I can't wait!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
    vina

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Remy ~ Glad that your box arrived safe & sound. I had such fun finding things for it!! I laughed & laughed while doing the chia head. Think I'll let the kids do some when school gets out for summer vacation.Let me know if it spouts or not.

Frances~ loving all the flower photos. I have to find the software to my camera so that I can upload some to my new computer.This was a great spring for my iris!!

later...April

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Frances,
    Love the pics! A few of my irises are loaded with buds. I can't wait!
    Oh I know about the NC mountains. I drive through them every year on the way to see my dad. One year we went in spring when the red buds and various white blooming shrubs we in bloom. It was amazing!
    I grew up along the Niagara Escarpment so I know all about finding neat rocks and fossils too. I though it was normal to find them. When I got older I found out this isn't true.

Vina,
    Too funny about scaring your husband. It sounds like a neat project you did. You'll get a kick out of this- when my girlfriend's son was graduating from kindergarten, they had the kids lined up on stage in alphabetical order and they went down the line asking them what they want to be when they grow up. Her name starts with S so he was near the end. Kids are saying all the normal things doctor, fireman, teacher, etc. They get to him and he says, "Dinosaur." lol. After that they taught him the word paleontologist.

April,
    The hair on the chia is almost an inch long in one day! I kid you not.

Jeane,
    Hopefully I get your box on its way tomorrow!

Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

Still no word here from Treasa.

Vina, I'm glad you like the coasters, and I'm sure they look lovely as dollhouse rugs too! Those pictures are all from my garden last year

April, how do you MAKE a Chia Head??

2 of my irises have buds on them! I know one is Autumn Circus, and I think the other one is also but the tag was swept up and lost over the winter. Pictures when they bloom, of course!

Have a good night
    ~Laura

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Laura~It was really easy!!! I'll post the link where I got the idea. I didn't have paints so I caulked some flat marbles & tiny mirror for a face.

later....April

Here is a link that might be useful: Homemade Chia

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Morning all!

Remy, too funny! My daughter would do the same thing!:0) She has a little girl in her class that tells me she wants to be a "paleontolologistss" too :0)

Laura, I think I'd have to steal them back. They are in the bedroom, bath, and dining room. And they already have furniture on them. Too bad-they did look really cute on my table outside :0)

April, checked the link and I am going to try that this weekend. The chia head is just too cute! Thanks for the link!

Later everyone!
    vina

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Jeanne/Goddess Narcissus,
    Your box is finally on its way! I was in a hurry to get it done and forgot to put the card in it. I'm sure you'll know it is from your worshipper, me, lol.
    I was digging and accidentally hacked into the dog invisible fence! They had to come out and fix it. It cost me $100! He was good though and ran the line out farther for me and only charged as if he had just fixed the break.
    Ok, time to finish dinner,
    Remy

• lovingmy4babies
    13 years ago

Vina- I'm so glad you liked everything! I was afraid you'd be disappointed!

Laura- I had no idea those coasters came from you! How neat :)Too cute that they are now dollhouse rugs!

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

Well I'm glad those coasters found a good home. I think they went from Mike to Deborah to Vina. I also heard from Treasa last night. She promises to have the box sent out soon and I'll keep yall posted.
    ~Laura

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Remy,
    Oh my, I am so sorry to hear about your invisible fence! I feel like sending to me was a big problem for you. I will really have to appreciate what was sent!
    This will be short. Last year in August I had a major problem with my right eye and the same thing happened to the left on Saturday evening. Yesterday I had to see the eye surgeon and was so dilated I couldn't see to type a thing. I did not need surgery this time, at least not so far, so I hope it heals okay without anything being done. I go for a follow-up visit on the 14th, assuming no new symptoms.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Remy's package to me arrived today. What a big box and so full of all kinds of goodies! I tried to make a list so hopefully I have everything written down. Remy sent me Trachystemon orientalis, two daylilies (I looked up Ball Gown on the internet and I think it is Remy's picture of it shown in the example!), Helenium, an iris, a pulmonaria, Succisa pratensis, and Leontine Gervais Rose. That looks like such a beauty on Remy's blog. I hope it grows well for me. She also included some homemade applesauce (totally yum!), green tea, stevia, a pop-up vase, landscape gloves, and a tissue pack with flowers printed on them.
    Thanks so much, Remy. You really spoiled me!
    Jeanne

• lovingmy4babies
    13 years ago

I just got my box! I just got my box! Thank you so much! I love everything!
    Contents:

1 jar of cinnamon apple jelly- I am SO looking forward to trying some of this :)

2 magazines- Garden Gate and Woman's Day

A wall-mount hanging basket

Pretty pen

Cute yellow gardening gloves- I love them!

A darling garden gnome

A bird figurine, fat yellow thing- too cute :)

a pot with a kitty holding a pail and shovel

And the plants: two BEAUTIFUL holiday cactus! Not sure what they are, exactly, but these kind of cacti are my favorite right now :)

Thank you so much, Shirley!!! You did a wonderful job with my box ;)

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Deborah-So glad you liked your box. I had an entirely different box ready to send to you when I received Remys e-mail with your questionaire. Wow not liking irises, daylilies and outside plants threw me for a loop. The only house plants I have is a clivia and the two cactus. By the way one is yellow and the other pink. It is hard to find the yellow one and I really like it. I was racing against the post office closing and forgot to put the card in the box.

Shirley

• lovingmy4babies
    13 years ago

Awww! I'm sorry, Shirley! It's not hat I don't like the outside stuff, but it would be destroyed, I'm afraid. Our neighborhood children, with the exception of one or two, are completely unsupervised and not mindful of boundaries :\ We had some beautiful tomato and pepper plants last year, and we would come home to find peppers on the ground and tomato cages sideways... so disappointing. I really did like the things you DID send, and I've been looking for the holiday cacti for a while! Thanks again!

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

I got a lovely box from Treasa today. It was stuffed so full of daylilies that it bulged at the seams, and had 9 bunches. Most were unlabeled but one is Little Grapette and one is Cleo, and one was trying to send a flower shoot up despite being in a box! Thank you so much! *hugs*
    ~Laura

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Happy Monday everyone! vina