Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celeegra

update: update: mnf: there's no place like home swap

celeegra
13 years ago

Hi bigmama

got your package over the weekend! I've been thinking about starting a rock garden so all the succelents come at a very good time.

Can you tell me what the other plants are? One looks like a type of wandering Jew that I don't have. The other one I can't figure out but looks very interesting. PLMK so I can make sure to plant em in a place where they will thrive.

Thanks, grace

Comments (48)

• hostarookie
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Vina, sorry for the delay but your package is going out today. DC # 0304 7990 0000 8153 4964

Em

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Good morning everyone. Hope all of you had a nice Easter.

I have been enjoying reading the posts. Nice boxes being delivered! I would love to hear more about your home towns ladies. Come on now, don't be shy.

Jennifer, thanks for the update. I will let you know when I receive the package.

I hope Melissa received her package. I sent it Wednesday, and I checked the DC# and it was in Little Rock on Saturday. I don't know why it is taking so long for Priority Mail. Please let me know when it arrives Melissa.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Sue N.

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

Sue, I haven't received your box yet. I should today though! I'm so excited! :D I think it's taking a bit longer because of all the flooding we've had here. Our house was surrounded by a few feet of water yesterday, and we had over a ft under the house. Our road is completely washed out, and only 4x4's can make it down there. Even then, they are dragging bottom!

Faye should also be receiving her box today. Yay!

Melissa

• celeegra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Happy Easter everyone!
    Sue N. I live in New York city. I lived in manhattan but I'm now too old for the hustle & bustle & attitude. I grew up in the burbs & so I found a place in Queens that is quiet & has trees & where neighbors say hi & chit chat with each other. It's a garden complex with some open spaces for dogs & children to run around. Diverse population with all different age groups & ethnicities. It was actually built for the UN workers when the UN was in Queens in the 1950s. A few of the original residents still live here. We have squirrels & birds & opposums. also close to the Queen botanical gardens.
    I still work in midtown manhattan just by Central Park. I have been to the statue of liberty & rockefeller center & empire state building. My college graduation was in radio city music hall.
    So that's where I live. I think I found a good balance between city & country life.
    Oh Em, I got the little card with the seeds in it from Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. Cute huh? Use the vase to bring some of your beautiful flowers indoors. :)

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Carol the Box and I are not only in the same state.... we are in the same room. Yeppeeee
    What a great box of Goodies. LOTs of bulbs.
    Pink Caladiums
    Pink Trumpet lilies (Just beautiful) Can't wait to see these flower
    Purple Glads
    two packs of Dutch Iris Eye of the tiger
    An Easter Basket stuffed with lots of candy AND another big chocolate egg, MMmmmmm
    Adorable pink fuzzy socks with Monkey faces. Carol are you trying to tell me something here???// LOL
    A hose nozzle/sprayer which I actually need so that's a goodie.
    Some hot chocolate which I'll share with Jack,
    It's still COLD here. An inch of snow yesterday and more flurries today. This is the end of April?????
    carol hopefully your package arrives today. There will be another package later with a couple other plants.One just would not fit in the box and the day lilies did not arrive yet so I decided to just wait and do another box later.
    OOOps, Almost forgot the green Frog Welcome sign. he'll sit on the porch for a while and if Spring ever arrives. he can move to the garden.
    Many thanks. This was and will be a lot of fun.
    hugs
    Beth

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Happy Monday Everyone!!

First let me say, Alana!! I haven't mailed your box yet :( I will have it out to you by Wed. I did receive your addy though, thanks! I never should have tried to do a whole bunch on the Saturday before Easter...what was I thinking?

Melissa, I hope you and your family stay safe with all that flooding going on around you...I see it on the news and it just looks awful! On a positive note, you won't have to water your garden for a long, long....long time :)

Beth, you can keep that horrible 4 letter word all to yourself...S N O W...I have had more than enough of that for this year. YUCK!

We don't go into the city as much as we used too. When I was little my mom would take me Christmas shopping every year. We would stay at a hotel by Rockefeller Center. We'd go ice skating and every year we'd go to Radio City Music Hall and see the Christmas pageant with the rockettes. I alway thought it was amazing the way they had live animals for the whole show, even a camel! Hubby and I haven't been since the year after 9/11 when we went to see ground zero.

All of these boxes sound just amazing!!

Everyone has till tonight if you want to get in on the last game of the month. Don't forget...don't post your list here, email me.

So far I have:
    Sue
    Em
    Shirley

I hope everyone had a great Easter! I was ready for bed by noon yesterday, and after 1:00 it all seemed a big blurr. I'm still recovering :)

Talk to ya later!
    vina

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Oh! and Grace thanks for posting a new thread! :)
    As I said, weekend...big blur :)

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

No worries Vina. I will not be home until tomorrow anyway so your timing is just fine.
    Everyone's boxes sound very interesting!
    Alana

• bigmama4ever
    13 years ago

yes that little buch is wandering jew like i said the plants are going to have to be kept in a warm place when the cold comes ny is colder than az.. especialy the succulants..

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

Well, this may be the most exciting box I've ever gotten! LoL! it is flooded so badly here, and our mailbox has washed away...along with the road, yard, and now the house is flooded...ANYWAY.
    The water along the road is up over my hips, and flowing HARD. I didn't realize it was that high (because the road is washed out, there's a big hole there now!) until I was wading out to meet the mailman (on the other side), and the water caught me, pulled me down. The mailman had to jump out of his truck & grab me before I was carried off down the river! (MY HERO!!!) I felt so stupid for wading out, but this morning, the water was only to my knees. EEK!

ANYWAY! The box from Sue was ENTIRELY worth it!! :D She sent a terrific box! Very much worth some white water rafting for! :P
    She sent;
    ~A pretty card with a picture of the "Cinderella bridge" on it (this is close to her home, and SUCH a pretty bridge!!)
    ~Windsong Gladioulus bulbs for my memorial garden (so pretty!!)
    ~Visitor's guide, postcard, & trail guide to Mill Creek Park! This is such a pretty place!
    ~Cute little pink ceramic birds from the gift shop at Fellows Riverside Gardens! I love these!!
    ~Enchanted Blossom soap (also from the gift shop!) PERFECT timing, because the first thing I'm gonna do after we get our bathroom remodel complete is soak in the tub!! (which sounds funny, considering how tired I am of all this rain we're getting!)
    ~Pretty scented tealight candles! (will go fantastic with that soak I just mentioned!
    ~Yummy chocolate & candy coated sunflowerseeds! (still debating on whether to share or not...!)
    ~Mystery daylily! I love mysteries! :D
    ~Variegated green hosta!
    ~Peony "Karl Rosenfield" (LOVE peonies!!)
    ~Fountain grass (YAY!) x's 3!
    ~Green hosta (love those hostas, too!)
    ~Astilbe "pink beauty" (this will be so pretty!!)
    And Sue packaged everything so well!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You have certainly made my day so much brighter!! I love everything you sent!

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Melissa, oh my goodness, you are a trooper! I'd just cry, or have a nervous breakdown if that happened to me. I hope the waters subside soon. I am worried about your house being flooded and the road washed out. How terrible that the water was so high it was dragging you down! Thank God for the mailman's help. Well now I know it's true what they say about the mail service, no matter what the weather, they deliver. I am glad the box made it to you intact, and I am sorry that you risked life and limb, to wade out to get it. My prayers go out to you and yours. All this rain has been absolutely awful. Glad you liked your package. Take care.

Sue N.

• veeja11
    13 years ago

received a wonderful box from Beth today, ceramic turtle which zippy loves, a pretty garden marker hummingbird post cards a magazine, getting to know prescott arizona, easter basket stuffed with chocolate and plastic filled eggs and chap stick,a home decal, people crackers for my doggies a fuzzy mouse and fish treats for greg, don't have a cat so they must be for him since the chocolate is mine, mine mine, a huchera plant and crocosmia bulbs, mine died so am especially happy to get these, please don't send anything else this is already too much and share your chocolate with Jack as I didn't send him any fish treats, did I forget to put the wind chime in your box, if so God only knows who I sent it to. big thankyou and big hugs, happy carol

• celeegra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry I had guests over the weekend so I was only able to look through my box long enough to shove everything into soil. I just took a close look at everything -WOW. I can't even count how many different succulents there are. Epis - I had to look them up & am really excited. Hoyas - again had to look them up. FYI the Mexican candy is already gone. Yum.
    This has been great for me expanding my knowledge to a whole other part of the plant world, which is exactly why I love gardenweb. Thanks so much Norma & also to Vina for coming up with a great theme.
    Melissa, hang in there! Let us know if you need us to chip in for a canoe :) in all seriousness, I'm really glad you're safe!
    Grace

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Wow! Melissa, your box does sound amazing. But, holy moly what you had to go through to get it. Is there anything left of your front yard?

Carol, awesome box!! :)

Grace, I got your email with your words, and sent you an email back.

I'm holding off on posting game winners till I hear from Grace. I counted a different total for words than what she counted. So I'm double checking...

Have a super day everyone...going to be almost 70 here today...70!!! :)
    vina

• jshipway
    13 years ago

sue- I maid out your package you will be getting it soon it is to go with the other box that I had sent you already.

Jennifer

• bigmama4ever
    13 years ago

HI LADIES THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST TIME YOU HEAR FROM ME, MY PHONE AND PUTER WILL BE TURN OFF SOON IM THINKING TONIGHT, TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, HAVE A SMALL BUSNESS, AND HAVE TO PAY A LOT OF TAXES, I WILL GET BACK TO YA WHEN I HAVE SOME SOLUTION TO THIS,( PHONE AND PUTER ARE ONE)..TO MY PARNER I WOULD PERFER PLANTS ESPECIALY TROPICALS, HAD A LOT OF FUN WITH YA ALL, SEE YA SOON..

• sjc48
    13 years ago

Wow, the boxes all sound wonderful!
    Melissa - hope you are below flood level by now, that was awful!
    Grace - I'll chip in for the canoe, if needed!
    Bigmama - Good luck, hope everything works out for you.
    Shirley!

• veeja11
    13 years ago

Bunny holler please news said some people got washed away in the floods in your state,so wanna be sure you are ok hugs big sis

• nottougly
    13 years ago

Hi, I received my box from Melissa yesterday. Everything is still crazy here so naturally I am running behind on everything including mailing my box. It should be in the mail by Thursday and I will post the DC#.
    Melissa sent me a very fine box of goodies. It is just wonderful.
    I received a birdhouse kitchen towel, small green bucket with metal plant marker set, 2 sets of metal garden stakes (they are really cute) garden jute twine,6 packs of emergen-C, citronella tealights in great colors, stress relieve body lotion, cinnamon pocket pak germ killer, Melissa also sent some Iris, some variegated, whoopem up and jurassic park. She also included 2 brochures of Tonitown which looks great.
    Thank you so much Melissa. Your box lifted my spirits greatly.
    Faye!

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

Glad to hear it got there, Faye! I hope you enjoy everything. I'm sorry there wasn't more plants, but with all the rain lately, I can't find 'em! :P

We're all OK. The waters have gone down, and just left a big mess behind! I found our mailbox down the creek, wrapped around a tree. But that could've been me, so I'm happy it was just the silly box. There were 9 people killed yesterday in the flash floods, one a young mom that had her son with her. Very scary! Our house didn't sustain any major damage (yay!), but the yard....Whew!!! It's gonna take some work!

On the bright side, I was able to plant all the goodies that Sue sent! The ground was amazingly easy to work with! LoL!
    Hugs to all!!

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

Hazelbunny, look at you!!! you are a real insperation to me.
    If this were me I'd be crying the blues all over the place.
    My prayers go out to all those families that lost loved ones. send me your addy and I'll send you some plants I have a few things you might grow.
    OH and I'll chip in for that cannoe too.LOL
    The sad news is that predictions say that we will get more of the same....I AM NOT LOOKING FOWARD TO HURICANE SEASON HERE IN CENTRAL FLORIDA

Hugs, Carmen

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Hum, I wrote a message but where is it?
    Bunny, thank god the mailman was there to grab you. That could have been an awful tragedy. So glad you are OK>
    Carol, yes there was a beautiful dream catcher/wind chime in the box. I hung it up as soon as I saw it. Love it. Then I brought the box and all the other goodies over to the computer.
    Ye, my memory IS that short!!!!! remember a couple years ago when we were all worrying about needing attends? Well, I'm soon going to need a guard dog to keep me from getting lost.

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Melissa, I am glad you are OK and sorry to hear about your plants washing away. I will get a box of plants together for you in the next couple of weeks to help you regrow. The main thing is that you and your loved ones are all right. I can't imagine such an awful ordeal.

Beth, you make me laugh. Thought I was the only one with no short term memory left. Glad I'm not alone.

Carmen, I didn't realize that hurricane season affected central Florida,since it's inland. I have heard it's going to be a busy hurricane season. Can't imagine what a hurricane must be like. Living in Ohio I am so sheltered. We only have occasional blizzards and ice storms, and some areas experience flooding, otherwise pretty uneventful weather-wise.

Have a good day everyone.

Sue N.

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Jennifer, I received the package from you today. It just made my day!

Jennifer sent me:
    The cutest little "welcome" yard sign with a lady bug and what looks to be a sunflower on it. I needed a new one of these, and I'm putting it out as soon as I'm done with this post.
    The most adorable, home-made perhaps?, bird house. I have been wanting one for my fence post in my courtyard area on the side of the house. Now, not only do I have one, but it is so adorable, and made of PVC material and wood, and painted with red roses! The birds will love to call this home! I love it!!!
    Did I mention, Jennifer sent me a ton of garden seeds. I could start a community garden there are so many! Thanks for everything! I really love everything and appreciate it!

Take care everyone.

Sue N.

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Afternoon everyone! :)

Alana, your box is in the mail. :) DC# is 0308 3390 0001 7950 9502 There are some things that I was looking for that I guess they just don't have at garden centers this early in the year...anyhoo hope you enjoy :)

AND...I got my box today from EM! :) When I opened my box a big pink "there's no place like home" flier came popping out! LOVED IT! It explained that everything in my box was something that I would find in Em's yard.

In my box was:
    ~a West Virginia outhouse magnet...very cute! I love magnets!
    ~a squirrel feeder
    ~ GORGEOUS!! hummingbird feeder :)...woo hoo!
    ~chocolate bunny...gone already
    ~chocolate eggs, I've put away with the Easter stash
    ~for Billy and Taylor, Silly Bands. Thank you so much for thinking of them :)
    AND PLANTS:
    ~Loropetalum: Chinese var. rubrum Plum
    ~Dahlia: Thomas Edison
    ~Asiatic Lily: Starlette
    ~Asiatic Lily: Dimension
    ~Asiatic Lily: Orange County
    ~Daylily: Plum Candy

AND last but not least, plant tags already made out with the names of all the plants she sent me...:)

Em, thank you so much for such a wonderful box!! I loved everything so much I spent the afternoon planting everything. :)

I haven't heard from Grace yet about her bingo words so I'll give her a day or so before I post the winners.

Hope everyone is staying dry and keeping the roof's on your homes...man alive!! the weather is getting crazy! I'm with you Sue, unless its a snowstorm we're pretty uneventful for the rest of the year...thank goodness! I don't think I could handle tornadoes and flooding, or hurricane season for that matter. Nope, I'll take my 6-7 feet snowstorms any day.

Have a super night!
    vina

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

Thanks Vina. I will be home again tonight and tomorrow if I can get there for the flooding this afternoon and I am looking forward to receiving my box of treats!
    It was a wild night here, but not nearly as bad as the poor folks in Tuscaloosa endured..
    I hope Bunny's head is still above water and that everyone else is okay.
    Alana

• jshipway
    13 years ago

Sue- The birdhouse is homemade by my boyfriend and I hand panted it.

Jennifer

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Afternoon everyone!
    Here are the Easter Game WINNERS :)

1st place with 150 words: Sue N.
    Here's Sue's list, and it is amazing!!

1 a
    2 app
    3 at
    4 aah
    5 ape
    6 apes
    7 appear
    8 art
    9 aster
    10 ate
    11 ear
    12 ears
    13 east
    14 easy
    15 eat
    16 eats
    17 ere
    18 ether
    19 eye
    20 eyes
    21 harp
    22 harps
    23 has
    24 has
    25 haste
    26 hat
    27 hate
    28 hats
    29 he
    30 heap
    31 heaps
    32 hear
    33 hears
    34 heart
    35 hearts
    36 heat
    37 her
    38 here
    39 herpes
    40 hers
    41 hey
    42 pa
    43 papa
    44 paper
    45 papers
    46 par
    47 pare
    48 part
    49 parts
    50 pas
    51 past
    52 paste
    53 pat
    54 pay
    55 pays
    56 pea
    57 pear
    58 pears
    59 peas
    60 peat
    61 peep
    62 peeps
    63 peer
    64 pep
    65 per
    66 pest
    67 pet
    68 pets
    69 Pherae
    70 pray
    71 prays
    72 prep
    73 prest
    74 prey
    75 pry
    76 rap
    77 rape
    78 raspy
    79 rat
    80 rate
    81 rates
    82 rats
    83 ray
    84 rays
    85 re
    86 reap
    87 reaps
    88 rest
    89 ret
    90 sap
    91 sappy
    92 sat
    93 say
    94 sea
    95 sear
    96 see
    97 see
    98 seep
    99 set
    100 shape
    101 she
    102 shear
    103 sheep
    104 sheer
    105 sheet
    106 spa
    107 spear
    108 spy
    109 staph
    110 star
    111 stare
    112 stay
    113 steep
    114 steer
    115 step
    116 strep
    117 tap
    118 tape
    119 tapes
    120 taps
    121 tar
    122 tarp
    123 tarps
    124 tea
    125 tear
    126 tears
    127 tease
    128 teaser
    129 tee
    130 the
    131 thee
    132 there
    133 these
    134 thesp
    135 trap
    136 traps
    137 tree
    138 trees
    139 yap
    140 yare
    141 ye
    142 yea
    143 yeah
    144 year
    145 years
    146 yeast
    147 yes
    148 yet
    149 happy
    150 easter

AND COMING IN 2nd place with another awesomely long list is : Grace! :)

Here's her list of 120 words WOW!!:
    try, east, trash, party, paste,
    > sap, tap, pap, rap, trap, (10)
    > yea, yeah, eat, star, steer,
    > pray, tray, hey, hay, payer, (20)
    > payee, path, rasp, raspy, pasty,
    > ape, tape, rape, trapse, apt, (30)
    > asp, prep, phrase, past, hat,
    > happy, easter, teaser, tease, harp,(40)
    > harps, hats, tapes, apes, pastes,
    > saps, taps, raps, traps, eats, (50)
    > tear, tears, hare, hares, paths,
    > pear, peer, pears, peers, spear,(60)
    > spray, spat, strap, tapper, stray,
    > prat, rat, pat, pate', rest, (70)
    > pea, peas, pasta, rasta, haste,
    > paster, tarp, tarps, trees, tree,(80)
    > three, ear, ears, eye, eyes,
    > yes, eater, reap, reaps, heat,(90)
    > heats, hear, heap, heaps, hears,
    > seat, seater, sheet, shear, sheet,(100)
    > sheep, there, shape, shaper, sharp,
    > sharper, heater, heaters, rash, phrase, (110)
    > tea, tar, seep, steep, step,
    > sear, pester, pest, part, parts (120)
    >

Your prizes will be in the mail hopefully tomorrow...latest Saturday :)

I just want to thank everyone for signing up for this swap and playing all my games. I had such fun hosting :) You're all the nicest bunch of ladies! Thanks!!

I see that Grace has posted for May already :)

Talk to ya all soon!
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

Wow, that's alot of words! I think I topped out at 30! Congrats, ladies! :)

Y'all are just really sweet ladies, you know that? :D

Glad you made it through, Alana! I hope this weather clears up soon! This is nasty stuff all around the country.
    The county came out and plowed our road yesterday, so we no longer have the 5ft deep trench. Just alot of big pot holes & HUGE rocks. Our yard is still really soggy, but I'm hoping it dries out enough before the weekend that maybe it won't flood as badly (it's supposed to rain all weekend again! ACK!).
    Got a nasty surprise when we got in the van today....it's a 15passenger club van, so the windows go down the sides, right? Well, the biggest one has leaked this entire week, so there was standing water in the van! And all the seats were drenched. UGH. I've got it opened up and hopefully drying out, but ick, what a yucky mess. Didn't have a choice today, we HAD to get out to the grocery store, so all our bottoms where wet! I'm sure we made a funny picture, all 7 kiddos & me with wet hineys walking around the store. LoL!! :D

Hugs to all!

• celeegra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hazelnutbunny! OMG! I guess I would laugh so I didn't cry if I were in your shoes.

Sue N, holy cow. I thought I had a lot of words! I love how creative your words are. Sorry you won't be with us for May, but hope to "see" you again in June.

So everyone, I posted for May's MFN - Adopt May Flowers RR. Please check it out, join the fun.

Big Big thanks to Vina who's been an amazing hostess!
    It was really sweet to get to know everyone a little better.
    Grace

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Melissa, so sorry about the flooding, even in your car. You and your family are definately troopers. I hope things dry out soon and that the rain spares your area.

Grace, I love your word list too. You have many that I didn't think of, and creative as well. Hopefully we will be finished with this remodeling in late May, so I should be back in June.

Vina, you have been, as always, a great hostess. Thanks for the games too. I had a lot of fun.

Jennifer, once I get around to it, I will post a picture of the lovely bird house. You and your boyfriend make a good team. Very creative. I'm sure the birds are gonna love it as much as I do!!

Hope everyone is doing ok with all the bad weather around the country.

Sue N.

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

I'm glad you received it Vina... thanks for hosting a great swap!

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Good morning!
    Okay, who was up at 4am to watch the royal wedding other than ME :) I just loved it!

Grace sent you an email...I thought I had your addy but I guess I don't??

Sending out prize boxes today. :)

Carmen, did you receive your prize box yet from the last game? I get so worried about things getting lost in the mail.

Bunny, water isn't the worse thing a van can be flooded with. My last van had a gallon jug of milk split at the seems and flood all over...MILK...in the summer...in carpet padding...can you say the most disgusting smell ever! We had to take it to a professional detailing place and pay about $200 to have the padding and carpeting all steam cleaned with some kind of odor absorber stuff. And it still had a lingering aroma even after that...totally gross! Like curdled cottage cheese/ baby puke smell...bbbllllllhhhhhhhh!

Alana and Norma are still waiting to receive there boxes. Is anyone else still waiting?

After 4 HUGE cups of coffee, I'm now ready to start the day, lol!
    vina

• gardencraze
    12 years ago

Vina I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you I received the price and I love it, haven't had time to plant yet ,It's a good thing they last LOL. Thank you soo much and thank so much for hosting a great swap I hope we all remember to post in rates & review for future swaps.

Sue, yes we do still get horrible winds and some tornatos
    Florida is only a 125 miles wide so big huricanes do get to us in the center.

Hugs,Carmen

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Hey there Everybody! If you'd like to join in on Bump's 2nd Annual Mayday Swap, there's still time to join in on the fun! Just click on the link below and take a peek! Hope to see you there!
    -Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: Bump's Mayday Mayday Swap

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Just wanted to thank Vina for hosting-it was alot of fun, and I have most of my plants, well, planted! It has turned really cold here, so I'm at a standstill for now.
    I didn't get up at 4 to watch the wedding; checked out all the pics online. LOVED Beatrice's hat! Wasn't real impressed with the wedding dress, or William's red coat.
    Sending out prayers for everyone down south-hope all the GWers down there are okay.
    Shirley

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

I received a fabulous box from our kind hostess Vina. The beautiful art brochure from Fingerlakes Community College was fantastic! I really enjoyed paging through the depictions of fiberglass Deer On Parade. It is a keeper.

There were also some great plants in my box. I dont have Pieris japonica, but I have admired it in other gardens and I am tickled to receive it. I have the perfect spot for it. Hosta Orange Marmalade is one I do not have and will enjoy. I was also happy to see Blue Medusa Corkscrew Rush. I had one and planted in the pond margin thinking a rush would like that and it showed me how wrong I was by dying. I will do a better job of siting this one.
    Sedum acre I don't have and it reminds me of my grandmother so that was a neat bit of nostalgia.
    Finally Sedum spurium John Creech will be a nice addition to my sedum collection-did not have that one either.
    It was a super festive box and I am delighted.
    Thanks for being such a great swap partner and hostess.
    Alana

• veeja11
    12 years ago

bunny maybe you can use the cleanup crew for Melinda's at your h. they are young so Two yards should be ok for them, sure they would love to help you too.

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Hi everyone!

Alana, so glad your box made it to you. And with your extensive plant list, I was certain I was doubling up on things you already had...so happy to hear that didn't happen :)

So, the only one left to get her box is Norma...is that right? Or did I miss someone?

I'll send Faye an email. I know she's been really busy with all that's been going on in her life right now.

Sue and Grace your prize boxes are in the mail...hope they brighten your gardens a little more :)

And when Norma receives her box this swap will be officially over... THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!! :)

vina

• suegardens2
    12 years ago

Woo Hoo!!! (Doing the happy dance!) Vina, I got the prize package from you in the mail today! You really made my day! I absolutely love the Shaker's Prayer Siberian Iris that you sent me! (I looked it up, and it is gonna be gorgeous!) Thanks so much!!!!!

Siberian Iris Shaker's Prayer

Sue N.

• celeegra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Vina I got my prize too! The iris is already in the ground next to the heath. So happy so happy! :D
    grace

• bigmama4ever
    12 years ago

n0thing here,,,

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Norma, I tried to send you an email, but it's not enabled on your GW page for me to do so. Faye posted that the tornadoes that ripped through the middle of the country last week, took her house and just about everything with it.

Faye has a whole lot to deal with right now, so how about I send you your box? If that's okay with you, please email me. And I'll email Faye and let her know. It will be one less thing she'll need to worry about.

Hope to hear from you soon! :)
    vina

ps...Sue and Grace, SO glad you liked the iris...I saw them and bought one for myself too :) US iris junkies need to stick together, lol!

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

:0) bump

• hostarookie
    12 years ago

Whooo, finally able to pop in for a minute... just when you think you're caught up with day to day stuff, something else needs to be done!

Vina, thank you for hosting this exciting swap... it was a lot of fun and a lot of great packages!

Sue, Shaker's Prayer looks lovely! I added it and a few other siberian's this year. Can wait to see them in bloom! :-)

I heard about Faye... I hate to hear that as she already had sooo much going on right now. I hope they're doing ok certainly hoping for brighter days for her in the days, and weeks, and months ahead!

• celeegra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Great! I am now officially dubbed an iris junkie! Thanks vina! :)
    FYI May swap is well under way. Please join. Already posted our first game & prizes.

• suegardens2
    12 years ago

Thanks for the title Vina. I think you are a great enabler by the way, lol. Hope you all had a good Mother's Day.

Sue N.

• nottougly
    12 years ago

bigmama4ever
    I finally got your box into the mail today.
    I am so sorry it took me so long to get it to you. I hope you enjoy it.
    dc # is 9101010521297974779157
    Faye!