Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deannatoby

update: the real april birthday buddies swap post

Well, as soon as I saw that flwrs4ever was taking over the hosting duties for April, I just thought to myself that she can't hog all the fun. So, I challenged the sneaky gal to a thumb wrestle. I WON! This is a busy season for flwrs4ever--enjoy those mint juleps and bon bons (just kidding, Kym. It is April Fool's Day, afterall).

deanna_in_NH will be the host again. And...I'm recycling this picture since I love it so much. Here comes April!

Our lucky ladies this month will be getting younger on these days:

naturegirl236...... April 9

ozarkgirl ......... April 10

ranegrow........... April 20

dirt_under_my_nails ..April 29

Each buddie needs to post a list of 20 items for a wish list, buddies CAN check your regular list too, so PLEASE make sure they are UP TO DATE !!! ALSO, please add a "little bit about me " with your wish list, it is nice to get to know each other.

Remember: Please e-mail me off-list the names of April birthdays you mail to, but don't include a listing of the flowers you sent. I only need to know that you sent a April card(s).

HAPPY APRIL BDAY'S to you ALL !!

Your April Fool,

Deanna

Comments (28)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Morning All!! Maybe 3rd times the charm with the April's Bday Buddy thread? Still wondering where the first one went.....

Anyway....

My name is April(real creative parents!!)I will be 33 on the 29th. I'm a stay @ home mom of 3.My oldest daughter Taylor is 9,my only son Brett is 6, & the baby girl Brooke is 3. We have 2 mutts, Sasha(herd dog mix) is 6 & Diego(yellow lab mix) is 3. Hubby & I will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary on the 15th. We feed ALL the birds & waiting to spot our first hummer of the season.Butterflies are also welcome here on our patch of dirt!!

During the cold months I read, play Farmville,knit, cross stitch, drink coffe(I'm a coffe addict!)& bake. Sadly I eat what I bake & by the end of winter my rump is the size of the computer chair!

My gardens are FULL sun, so sadly no hosta,ferns nor bleeding hearts for me! Love daylilies, iris,canna & my favorite Brugmansia!!I'm planning on a big veg garden this year.Hoping to produce enough to can & maybe even sell.

Here are my 20...
    1.Luffa
    2.Birdhouse Gourd
    3.Paul Robeson tomato
    4.Black Krim tomato
    5.Black From Tula tomato
    6.Sun Gold tomato
    7.NICOTIANA
    8.Dade Beans
    9.Japanese Morning Glory
    10.Salvia, would love some BLUE
    11.Sunflowers
    12.Scabiosa
    13.Sweet Peas
    14.Alyssum
    15.Zinna~the more uncommon ones,Tequila Lime,Swizzle,Apricot Twist
    16.Anything that blooms black or near black.
    17.Anything that makes great cut flowers!!
    18.Anything that attracts Hummingbirds!
    19.Anything Fragrant!!
    20.Anything that attracts Butterflies!!

later....April

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Sorry I DO know how to spell, that's C-O-F-F-E-E,not coffe. Maybe I need another cup....

later...April

• Frances Coffill
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday!!!!

I hope you will all have the very best birthday yet! lol April, as long as the coffe has caffein I don't care how is spelled!

Frances

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    13 years ago

Hi everybody ! Wow , I can't believe its April already !! Is it the months that come faster or the birthdays ? LOL
    I will be 48 on the 20th ... I am glad that * most * days I don't feel my age ... I have truly enjoyed being on GARDEN WEB the past couple years ... I have 1 son in college who I don't get to see as often as I would like ... after many years of not having much of a yard , I finally at long last have a BIG yard and garden spot and I am enjoying filling them with flowers , veggies and herbs . Its the best stress therapy after a long 8 hr day at work and an almost hour long commute drive to and from work . I am trying to create a "cottage" garden in the front yard and a "woodland shade" garden in the backyard ... I love to cook with my own garden fresh herbs ... I can my own spaghetti sauce , salsa and jams ... Here is my wishlist ( but I will love any seeds you share with me )

borage
    oregano
    thyme or any herb ;-)
    Painted daisy or crazy daisy ;-)
    blackberry lily
    any rudbeckia
    any perennial
    bee's friend
    any double flowered hellebore !
    echinacea " pink double delight "
    scabiosa "summer berries"
    "heaven scent" jacob's ladder
    milkshake echinacea
    any monkshood
    salvia "evolution"
    lord baltimore hibiscus
    iris seeds
    double dandy, maximillian or any sunflower ;-)
    anything unusual and/or fragrant
    your favorite beefsteak tomato

Happy Gardening to you !
    ~Iris

13 years ago

Where are the rest of the April birthday ladies ??? We need some wish lists so we can fill your mailbox with goodies ;-)

~Iris

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I e-mailed them again a couple of days ago to ask them to let us start showering them. Iris, did you get my reminder e-mail before? If you didn't get it then they may not be getting theirs, either.

13 years ago

Deanna,

Yes I did get your email ;-) thank you ;-) I guess everyone is busy getting things ready to plant, the weather has been so warm here , supposed to be 90 today but 60 again by Saturday ;-) guess that is typical spring weather ... its been nice working in the yard in short sleeves ;-) Hope everyone stops in to post their wish lists so we can start sending ;-)

~Iris

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday to naturegirl236...............
    Happy Birthday to ozarkgirl..............
    Happy Birthday to rane_grow..............
    Happy Birthday to dirt_under_my_nails.............

Enjoy your special day and the beautiful month of April!

Annie

Original Author
    13 years ago

April, I have several millkweed (Asclepias) varieties. Monarchs love the milkweeds and lay eggs ONLY on Asclepias, but I wanted to see if it was a flower you wanted in your garden. This will be my first year to grow it, and except for Asclepias tuberosa I'm not sure how showy the plants are considered.

Let me know!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Morning All!!

Got my first B-day card....
    Jeanne/sandlapper_rose sent Alyssum Carpet of Snow &.....Emma's Gift Morning Glory!!!I've seen photos of this MG,MANY THANKS!!!!

later....April

• elliesfun
    13 years ago

Happy birthday to all our lovely ladies. And also I believe that Kym's birthday is April 10th. Happy Birthday to you Kym. Been working in the yard but there is so much to do I can't see what I got done today. Taking all next week off as vacation to work in the yard. Hopefully the sun will shine and I see some headway. Have a great month birthday buddies!
    Ellie

Original Author
    13 years ago

It looks like we have two ladies instead of four. Naturegirl236 and ozarkgirl haven't posted on any of the birthday buddies threads since the start. It seems like other things in life may have gotten in the way. We certainly hope the best to them and hope that it's just business and not something worse that is keeping them away from the fun. So, ladies, we've got two birthdays to celebrate...and maybe THREE if Kym would post her list!

Keep on mailing!

Deanna

• di-hgse
    13 years ago

Hi I'm di(newbie)
    am I to late to get in this for April?
    my b-day was the 9th i was 68
    I grow everything so how do i sign up for this?
    di

Original Author
    13 years ago

Welcome to the Round Robin forum di-hgse! Unfortunately sign-ups for this ended in early January. This is a year-long swap and we started with January's birthdays. I am not the official host, but I do know that she has welcomed late-comers to watch for sign-ups at the end of this year/early next year and participate in the next swap. I don't know how new you are to the Round Robin forum (I am VERY new), but there are many swaps that take sign-ups monthly. Watch for those and start swappin', friend!

Thanks for the interest, and we do hope you have a Happy Flowery Birthday!

Deanna

• di-hgse
    13 years ago

Ok thanks Deanna.
    I'm in the pepper one already....this one sounds like fun will be signing up for sure next year.
    di

• w9yards
    13 years ago

Happy birthday to Iris and April. Hope you both have a wonderful birthday month! I mailed cards today so they should be there in time for your special day!

Diana

13 years ago

Hi everyone ! I got a birthday card and seeds today ! Thank you Jeanne for the lime basil and dill ! ;-) Perfect timing too as I am planning to do some work on my herb garden this coming weekend . I just love fresh herbs, there is nothing better than cooking with them !

Thanks to everybody for the birthday wishes ;-)

~Iris

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Another B-day card for me today!!!Many thanks to Deanna for:
    asclepias incarnata,buddleia davidii,asclepias curassa, & joe pye weed. My butterflies will be VERY happy!!!

later....April

13 years ago

Hi everyone ! ;-) I got 2 birthday cards yesterday !! Deanna sent italian parsley, alma potschke , maltese cross( had to look these up ) and blackberry lily seeds ;-) Diana sent me 2 of my favorites - thai siam queen basil (one of the basils I didn't have) and Cherokee Purple tomato ( love it ) thank you both so much !
    I spent most of the weekend in the yard, it was sunny and just a little cool but I got a lot done , still have a lot to do but its so great to get outside feel the sun on my face and dig in the dirt ;-)

~Iris

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

HOWDY ALL!!!
    I received another card today. Many thanks to Diana for the cute party animal card, Jupiter's Beard & BIRDHOUSE GOURD seeds!!!

later....April

• flwrs4ever
    13 years ago

Hi everyone ! How are your spring gardens ?? Yes, my Bday was April 10th, but I truly have more seeds then ANY one person should ever have..lol

Deanna, thanks bunches for kidnapping the swap this month..lol

I have so much coming up in the yard this year, I think it will finally look like a garden, thanks to soo many generous friends here on GW !

What is happening in YOUR garden ?Have you bought anything new this season ?

Our Nurseries all had to open late this season due to the flooding we had here ! I hope to get to go this weekend.

Would LOVE to see pics of your gardens , hint hint :D

HAPPY BDAY to the April Buddies !!!

13 years ago

Hi again everyone ! I got 3 more cards ! Annie, Canyonwind, sent me Juane Flamme tomato , borage and Nigella Sativa black cumin seeds ;-) awesome ! Margo sent me black eyed susans, painted daisy and marmalade rudbeckia seeds ! I am planting an entire flowerbed full of rudbeckia and April sent me 3 different kinds of rudbeckia ;-) YAY ! Thank you all so very much ! I will be doing some serious planting this weekend thanks to you dear ladies ;-) Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend, I am even though its supposed to rain ... I am just getting over a sinus/allergy/cold thing that I have had the past week, not a fun thing to have on one's birthday ... yuck ! so I will be going out for my belated birthday dinner this weekend when hopefully I can enjoy it ( and smell it LOL )

TGTIF !!

~Iris

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

WOW!! The birthday wishes keep rolling in!! Today I received a card from Annie.She sent me Birdhouse Gourd,"Fragrant Cloud" Nicotiana,& "Wiltshire Ripple" Sweet Pea!!! Many thanks Annie!!!

Iris~Hope you feel better soon!!!

later...April

Original Author
    13 years ago

April is winding down and giving way to a beautiful May. Up here in northern New England we are having, according to an old-time gardener from the U of NH, the earliest spring since 1977. It's beautiful, no humidity, lightly warm days with cool nights. Can't wait to see what May brings, and I'm going to assume it's all good things on the way.

I know our April girls should be expecting some more seeds this week from people who have e-mailed me, and I look forward to seeing what fun things you have received. Isn't it nice when we can make somebody's birthday so much fun?!

Deanna

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Anther B-day card today!!!Thanks to Ellie/farmergirl2009 for:
    Jewels of Opar,Persicaria virginiana,& Black Eyed Susan Shrub!!!

later.....April

13 years ago

Hi everyone ! I have some belated thank yous ... I received 2 more cards recently !! Ellie sent me cosmos, white datura and canna lily seeds ! love them ! Thank you Ellie !

And from Pattie , ( Patti must know I am a tomatoholic )... she sent me *5* different packets of tomato seeds - Matt's Wild Cherry, Rio Grande Roma, Brandywine Sudduth's Strain, Dr Wyche's Yellow and Black Krim ... Thank you Patti ;-)

I also want to thank Deanna for hosting this month... finding birthday cards and seeds in my mailbox
    has been one of the best ways to celebrate a birthday !

~Iris

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Two more cards!!!
    Thanks to robin for the pincushion flower seeds.
    Thanks also to patti1957 for the following tomatoes~
    Matt's Wild Cherry,Dr.Wyche's Yellow,Rio Grande Roma,Brandywine Sudduth Strain & BLACK KRIM!!!
    Thanks ladies!!

later...April

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

April and Iris,

I'm sorry!

The month of April was not a good one for me. I'm trying to pull myself together and will mail both of your cards soon.

Lisa

Sponsored
Cavalier Kitchens & Baths, Inc.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Shenandoah's Leading Kitchen & Bath Design Showroom