Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

UPDATE: :O) Adopt a Newbie Partner List #2

hazelnutbunny
15 years ago

Here is where we stand as of today:

~Kamil(kamiljablo) AND Joseph(jdkind)SENTcolor>

~Linda(lindaruzicka) AND Matthew(matthewhenry) & Michael(riverdank)

~Wendy(sassybutterfly) REC'D FROM CINDYcolor> AND Cindy(cjcjmass) & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)

~Michelle(micyrey)REC'Dcolor> AND Wendy(loudbaby)

~Nikki(nikkineel) AND Patti(patti1957)

~Tammy(greenthumbgrow) AND Holly(reeselayne) & Jaycetiger

~Kathy(jaleeisa)REC'D FROM TIMMYcolor> AND Timmy(timmyhotwheels) & Sherri (weineydog8)

~Diene REC'D FROM MARY & SENT TO BOTHcolor> AND Deb(murphysmom)SENTcolor> & Mary(prayerrock)

~Karen(kalena67) AND Dani(dbrown1973)

~Toni(dirtdiggin) AND Shannon(njcwgrl)

~Annie(canyonwind) AND Jaime(ashcraftbunch)

~Heather (divahethr) AND Angela(angela00) & Cindy(maimejo)

~Dan(dan the mailman)REC'Dcolor> AND Lorraine(paradisa)

~Pat(pat6) AND Claudia(claudiaclaymama) ?color>

~Melissa(hazelnutbunny) AND Nichol(gardenmom2)

Karen, Toni, Annie, Pat, Tammy & Heather~ Please check in and let us know if you've heard from your partner(s) or not.

Thanks!!

Comments (150)

• ashcraftbunch
    15 years ago

Hello Everyone..
    Everyoe has recieved such nice boxes.. The wind is blowing and it is cloudy hopefully the sun will come out later in the day. The usps says Annie's pkg was delivered yesterday so I hope she is enjoying it.. I have alot of zinnia seeds I need to get planted but Eli's headstart teacher is coming for home visit today before noon so we are staying in and avoiding dirt. so I've sat down to see what daylilies I want to order my yard needs color in all kinds of shades except green.....Hope everyone is doing fine..

Would love to see a pic of that cork wreath to...

Jamie

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

Jamie's (ashcraftbunch) box arrived yesterday!! What a fun box!!!!!
    Here we go.................

Sensitive Plant Grow Kit
    Basil Grow Kit

Seeds....
    Chicory (very curious about this one)
    Passion flower Pasionaria blue (heirloom)
    Tritoma Red Hot Poker mix
    container of wildflower seeds

PKG. of plant markers
    Dragonfly garden stake
    Blue garden gloves
    Wish token.....carry in your purse or keep it your pocket....states a nice thought for the day....mine says.............BLOOM

Cucumber melon heart candle
    Avon Naturals hand gel cucumber melon
    Avon Naturals body polish apple and honeysuckle
    Avon Naturals shower gel apple and honeysuckle
    Avon Naturals body spray apple and honeysuckle
    Avon bubble bath (big bottle) fresh peach
    Skin So Soft bug guard plus spray (love this stuff...works great ie gardening, camping)

And last but not least...
    Cajun Gumbo mix and she is emailing me her "to die for" GUMBO recipe! Looking forward to making this!!

Jamie, thank you so much!!! I am working on your box and will post when it hits the post office!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, LOTS of people got boxes yesterday! Terrific! :O)

Those of us that our trades are complete, I will be removing our names from the list.

Tammy~ I will add yours & Holly's names back. Glad to hear that ya'll are going to trade!

Dan~ Are you *sure* you didn't drink that much?? Memory loss is a side effect, ya know.....along with losing the ability to count.... :P

~Kamil(kamiljablo)REC'Dcolor> AND Joseph(jdkind)
    ~Linda(lindaruzicka) AND Michael(riverdank)
    ~Wendy(sassybutterfly)REC'D from bothcolor> AND Cindy(cjcjmass) & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)
    ~Michelle(micyrey)REC'D & SENTcolor> AND Wendy(loudbaby)
    ~Nikki(nikkineel)REC'Dcolor> AND Patti(patti1957)
    ~Kathy(jaleeisa)REC'Dcolor> AND Timmy(timmyhotwheels)REC'D partcolor>
    ~Toni(dirtdiggin)REC'Dcolor> AND Shannon(njcwgrl)
    ~Annie(canyonwind)REC'Dcolor> AND Jaime(ashcraftbunch)
    ~Heather (divahethr)REC'Dcolor> AND Angela(angela00)
    ~Tammy (greenthumbgrow) AND Holly (reeselayne)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"noting Dan's "cork wall" behind his computer",,nosirreee...Dan hardly touches a drop!

Everyone is getting great boxes. I always enjoy reading what everyone received.."S"

• ashcraftbunch
    15 years ago

I'm glad you liked it annie and hope you recieved the email with the recipe if mot here it is:

Jamie's Cajun Gumbo

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 lbs ham cut into 1/2" cubes
    1 1/2 lbs smoked sausage cut into 1/2" slices
    6 chicken thighs or breasts cooked and deboned
    1/4 cup plus 2 Tab. veg. oil
    1/4 cup all purpose flour
    1 lg onion chopped
    4 cloved garlic peeled and minced
    1/2 green pepper chopped and seeded
    2 quarts water
    1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
    1/2 tsp crushed thyme
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/2 cup chopped green onion tops
    tsp gumbo file
    1 lb cooked crawfish or cooked shrimp or both
    1/4 tsp ground green jalapeno
    1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
    1/2 tsp season all or tony's
    3 cups hot cooked rice
    Directions:
    Brown each meat one at a time in oil removing to drain on paper towels. Add flour to remaining oil in dutch oven cook over med heat stirring constantly until roux is carmel colored (10-15 min). Add onion, garlic, and green pepper to roux cook until vegies are tender stirring frequently. Gradually add water. add ham, sausage, chicke, crawfish or shrimp, red pepper, thyme, and black pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2 hrs. Stirring occassionally. cool and skim fat from top . Bring to a boil and add green onion tops and cook additional 10 minutes. Serve hot over cooked rice. Add gumbo file if dsired before serving...
    yields around 14 cups..

for a fast version brown your meats and drain. drain oil from dutch oven add water and louisiana gumbo mix stir til blended add meats and bring to boil the reduce heat and let simmer 2-3 hours..
    lt me know if you need louisiana mix n i'll get it to ya..
    I hope you enjoy this as much as we do..

Jamie

• loudbaby
    15 years ago

YEA! I received my box from Michelle(micyrey)yesterday but I couldn't open it right away. I had to take my son to a 4H competition (he placed first in ag-science)that afternoon. When I finally did get to open it, it was dark -- but that didn't stop me! I had to plant a few things under my cherry tree. Can't wait till everything fills in.

My box included:
    Bee balm Jacob Kline (red) and Rasberry Wine (pink),
    purple geranium, verigated ribbon grass, Angel wing begonias, silver streaks begonias, dragon wing begonias, fuschia, lemon basil, iresene sun ray, yellow bells, Mexican petunia, and catnip (my crazy cat will love it)

Thanks so much! So glad I was adopted.

Wendy (loudbaby)

• reeselayne
    15 years ago

Well I finally have internet access again and wanted to post the confirmation number on my package to Tammy (already sent it to her but so yall could note our status)
    0306 3030 0003 5779 6758. I had lots of fun getting this package ready and I am very sorry about the lateness in sending. We had a bad storm here that knocked out our internet and I have had a sick family for several weeks. Definately not fun!

Tammy has been a total sweetie about everything and I really appreciate it.

Holly

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yummy sounding recipe, Jaime! I'll pass that on to my brother. He LOVES that sort of stuff! :O)

Holly~ Thanks for updating us! So glad ya'll could still swap. I hope things are looking up for you & getting better.

~Wendy(sassybutterfly)REC'D from bothcolor> AND Cindy(cjcjmass) & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)
    ~Kathy(jaleeisa)REC'Dcolor>AND Timmy(timmyhotwheels)REC'D partcolor>
    ~Annie(canyonwind)REC'Dcolor> AND Jaime(ashcraftbunch)
    ~Tammy (greenthumbgrow) AND Holly (reeselayne)SENTcolor>

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Holly - So glad you have internet back. Can't wait for the package, am sooo excited. Hope you are enjoying the swap so far.

Dan - Corks uhhh.. Anyway your willow in going out monday :-)

Jamie - That recipe sounds awesome. May have to give that a try.

Sound like everyone is recieving wonderful boxes. I will post mine as soon as I recieve it... Yeah! Also I will not be on until monday night again as we are going on a one night vacation to see new nephew (My Husbands brother just had their first baby boy he just came home yesterday).

Tammy

• divahethr
    15 years ago

As far as I know Cindy still wants to swap. We have each others addresses and have emailed back and forth as recently as a few days ago. I'm getting Angela's box together just waiting on some stuff to leaf out more for the trip to the next state over lol.

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Thanks again Tammy! Those'll look great in the halloween garden. Have yourself a safe and fun mini-vacation! I still remember when my first nephew was born, and that was 34 years ago, wow! I'm getting old! But then, I was only 9 at the time, so I guess I'm not getting too old, yet. LOL! Anyway, you have yourself a wonderful trip, and spoil that kid rotten! Take care!

It sounds like everyone is having a good time with this swap and getting some really neat boxes. Ain't it cool?

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!
    -Dan

• cjcjmass
    15 years ago

Hello everyone,

Just lurking around see what goodies everyone has recieved.
    I've meet some really wonderful people @ GW
    Cindy

• cntrygrlathrt
    15 years ago

WOW!!!!!! What wonderful boxes everyone is getting! I just love reading what everyone has received. This swap was fun! cjcjmass- thanks for inviting me to join!:) Hope everyone is having a great day.
    Billie

• diene
    15 years ago

Hey Cindy;
    You are not a lurker, you are a participant. Lurkers are the people that visit but never join. Once you are in a swap you have every right to throw your two cents in any time you want.
    Visit often we love new blood.
    diene

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Newbies - Agreeing with Cindy. Please newbies make sure to add your two cents we would love to talk to you all:-)

Loraine - How did you know I was trying to squeeze into my shorts....? It must be all the chocolate I keep getting in my swaps. LOL.

NOTE on my trip - Trip went safely yesterday although I was up that night sick all night and not well that day either. I had some kind of flu bug and it stunk. I didn't even get to hold the new baby as I didn't want to get too close :-( Always seems things like that happen at the worse times. I am feeling better than yesterday as I couldn't eat anything (or even smell it for that fact) but today I could little bits and am starting to feel better.

GUESS WHAT I got...........
    I came home and had a great surprise waiting on me...

I got the package from Holly! Yeah! She really took the time to look and see what I like and my hobbies from my website that I was truely surprised she matched up so much of what I really like and wanted.

OK now the moment you have all been waiting for.... **Drum roll please**

In my box was

Plants - Both off my want list:
    Lemon Balm (Did you know if you rub it on your skin it keeps mosiqtos away)
    Water Hyacinth - Already in my ponds YaHoo!

Books:
    Recipe Book (my second passion is cooking)
    Blue Potato, Orange Tomato - Can't wait to read this one as I love veggie gardens.
    Brother Cadfaels Herb Garden (Medieval plants and their uses) Wow!

To my Daughter Danae:
    Fairy Stones -For her fairy garden.
    Fairy Bandaids -For all those bumps she is always getting

To Mikey:
    Grape scented Play Clay
    "You Hold my hand" bunny book

Other:
    Herbal Candle
    Lavender Foot Scrub - Smells divine. Lavender is my fav.
    Scrapbooking Paper - I like to scrapbook and I also use it to make seed envies.
    Lady Bug Windchime - I LOVE lady bugs and this is the CUTEST! I will be posting a photo later. (Most def. My faviorte item) LOVE IT!

Alright I would say she hit it right on and I am very happy with my box.

Holly - I have yours ready to go and will be mailing it out on in the Morning. I sent you an email with two questions if you can get back to me before I shipping, if not I will ship anyway as I know you are anxious for you box. I will post your DC number as soon as I can most likely tomorrow night. I really hope you like everything I put together for you. AND I would absolutely LOVE a cutting of your corkescrew/snail vine that is one of the things I am soooo wanting at the moment. Thanks for the offer!

Tammy:-)
    One happy gardener!

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Jamie, your package went out this morning..........

DC # 0413 1797 9250 7606 2128 from zip 92688

Great boxes!!

Annie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Just poppin' in to say hi!

Billie and Cindy I will be mailing your boxes by the 15th is my goal. :) I'm slowly accumulating some goodies for each of you! :)

Just fyi I will be offline for approximately a week starting this evening. I will try to check in from time to time but I can't be certain when.

Have a lovely week everyone!
    Hugs,
    Wendy

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, we all love new blood, Diene! That's what this is all about, isn't it? :O)

Wonderful boxes being received!

Wendy~ Take your time, we all know your newbies are going to be spoiled rotten by the time you're done. :O) It's worth the wait, I know!

~Kathy(jaleeisa)REC'Dcolor> AND Timmy(timmyhotwheels)REC'D partcolor>
    ~Annie(canyonwind)REC'D & SENTcolor> AND Jaime(ashcraftbunch)
    ~Tammy (greenthumbgrow)REC'Dcolor> AND Holly (reeselayne)

I apologize for not checking in as often as I should (bad bunny). I'm trying to keep up with everything this month (wow, it's a busy one!) but I don't think I'm doing as well as I'd like.
    If I miss anything, ya'll let me know.
    Don't be shy, I need the kick in the hiney sometimes! :O)

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

from timmy
    hi
    I got a box yesterday from kathy
    inside was
    a juffy greenhouse
    rainbow spinners for the tree
    a straw berry plant
    2 long flower pouches
    gardening gloves
    shuvle
    rake
    kids garden acctivity book
    and an IOU for some bulbs

thank you very much
    my mom got me a bunch more strawberry plants today so I will put them all in my flower pouches
    timmy

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Sorry holly I didn't get your box out until today. Its been a little nuts round here.

Here is the conf. number:
    0308 0730 0001 2361 6501

Hope you enjoy your box:-)

Tammy

• reeselayne
    14 years ago

Thats quite ok Tammy. If you had sent it any sooner, it probably would have floated away before I could get it! We had about 7 inches of rain yesterday......*sigh* I would wish for dry weather but it tends to go to extremes here...

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

~Wendy(sassybutterfly)REC'Dcolor> AND Cindy(cjcjmass) & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)
    ~Annie(canyonwind)REC'D & SENTcolor> AND Jaime(ashcraftbunch)
    ~Tammy (greenthumbgrow)REC'D & SENTcolor> AND Holly (reeselayne)

Thanks for the updates, everyone!

Linda~ Have you heard from your partner?
    Kamil, Nikki & Toni~ Please post & update us on your trades!

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

Bunny, I haven't heard anything since last week...hmmmmm

• patti1957
    14 years ago

Nikki and I have been keeping in contact with each other and she will be sending my box to me soon.

Patti

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Hi everyone

Shannon's package will be going out on Monday AM. I'm waiting on one item and then I need to take some time in wrapping it to arrive safely. I'll post the DC as soon as I have it :) I sure hope she enjoys her package :)

Toni

• nikkineel
    14 years ago

Hi all! I am so sorry that I haven't been able to post much. I am slowly but surely getting Patti's box together. I want to make one more nursery trip before wrapping it up and sending. I want to make it special:) Is it ok if I send it on Monday? I hope everyone is having a great week. I have been working on a take home final exam since Tuesday and haven't been cosistently keeping up with all of the threads.
    Nice box Timmy. I'd love to see the flower pouches planted out. I've always wanted to try them and I recently recieved some from Kathy in the April swap. I'm trying to decide what to put in them.
    Tammy, Lavender is my favorite too! Great box.
    Bunny, Drained anything interesting lately? Hee hee
    Nik

• reeselayne
    14 years ago

Wow! what an awesome package I got in the mail today! Thank you so much Tammy! Here is what she sent.....

Plants:
    Early Girl Tomato
    Winter Crocus
    Autumn Joy Sedum
    Lily of the Valley
    Stargazer Lily
    2 colors of bearded iris
    Nasturtium

Cuttings:
    Varigated Ivy
    Blue Passion Flower
    African Violet Leaves
    Night Blooming Cereus
    and Some Black Pussy Willow Cuttings (extremely excited about these!)

She also sent a bunch of seeds :)
    Datura: Purple single, purple /white swirl, black current swirl
    Purple Majesty Millet
    yellow bell peppers
    nasturtium - dwarf alaska
    columbine - red
    catchfly - hot pink
    sea thrift - pink
    bee balm -reds and purples
    acroclinium - roseum goloeum
    scabiosa - deep red and dark blue
    amaranthus caudatus
    blackberry lily
    lambs ear
    gallardia
    impatients - pink
    hollyhock - bright pink
    snapdragons - mixed pinks
    cleome - pink
    amaryllis - clown and orange
    agastache - blue

Non plant stuff:
    Peppermint tea (have already had some and its yummy)
    chocolate kisses (that my kids could smell before I even opened the box
    pink garden gloves that are super soft and have grippys on the hands
    gardening magazine
    gardening catalog from a company I havent heard of before (this looks really good and I can't wait to sit down and really look at it!)
    and some yummy smelling blackberry vanilla bath soak which I plan on using as soon as my hubby gets home and can occupy the kids. (gonna sneak into the bath and take my new magazine and catalog!)

I totally love everything and can't thank Tammy enough. She was a total sweety and an awesome swap partner!
    THANKS!!!!!

• nikkineel
    14 years ago

WOW Tammy - that was a great box! Reese - have fun getting all those plants in the ground. You will have lovely blooms very soon!
    I hope to get to my favorite nursery tomorrow to finish up the gathering for Patti's box. Still hope to have it out on Monday.
    I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend! Nik

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

According to USPS, Jamie (ashcraftbunch) package was delivered this past Wednesday, April 29..................DC# 0413 1797 9250 7606 2128

Super box Holly...from Tammy!!!!

Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Holly, I'm jealous! LOL You got some GREAT plants, girl! :O)

Annie~ Got your email (THANKS!) and since your package was delivered, I'll take ya'lls names off the list.

Nikki~ You just HUSH, now... No more teasing the bunny! :P (btw...thanks for the update! LOL)

Toni~ You, too! Thanks! :O)

~Wendy(sassybutterfly)REC'Dcolor> AND Cindy(cjcjmass) & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I heard from Michael and he said that my box should be here by monday..Tuesday at the lastest. "jumping up and down"...

• divahethr
    14 years ago

Part 1 of my boxes are going out Monday to Angela

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I thought I had read where Kamil had posted!

Posted by kamiljablo 6 (My Page) on Thu, Apr 23, 09 at 18:05

Hey Everyone!
    I recieved my package from Joseph last week but I forgot to post. He sent me:
    A whole lot o' seeds! Including morning glory and moonflowers!
    An orange brug!!!!
    A Hosta
    Miracle-Gro water proof book on veggies
    Candy!!!!
    Hummingbird feeder
    a cutting of kalanchoe pinnata
    AND! A Fiscars anvil pruner with a fully hardened steel blade, soft cushioned grips for comfort, tough and durable all steel construction and it stays sharp 5 times longer!

I really enjoyed the box! Gettin' yours ready Joseph!

Kamil

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh good grief, Linda. How did I miss that?! LOL
    Told ya I need a hiney kick every now and then!
    Thanks for reposting that!! :O)

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Holly,

I am so glad you enjoyed the box. I had fun putting it together!

Tammy:-)

• riverdank
    14 years ago

Yes, sent Linda's box out early yesterday morning. I've been pretty busy with the vegetable gardens as well as the flower gardens(which Linda has been a huge help with). I know my vegetables but have never gotten into flowers and shrubs and such. Till now, opened up a whole new world for me. Gives me a reason to stay outside. Which I like!

Couldn't have asked for a better partner btw. We've had a good time chatting back and forth on different subjects. Definitely made a good friend in her.

• ashcraftbunch
    14 years ago

Annie
    I recieved your pkg wednesday.. It was wondeful and a nice pick me up on a bad day. I took strep throat tuesday night and by thursday morning my DH had it too. we took him to the Dr Friday and he got a shot and some meds. He was nice enough to give us enough antibitoics for my DH and myself. sinc ewe could only afford one doctor visit that costed over 100 bucks..:( But your package arrrivd and Alisa was diggifn in it faster than I could see what was in it my self along with my Dh standing above us..Thank you so much for allowing me to swap with you....

Here is what I recieved

10 pkgs of seeds which I can't put my finger on at the moment
    a sharpie
    a notepad
    a pkg of rooster napkins
    a recylced tote bag
    2 bags of skittles which my boys took away seems I could eat them at that moment.
    a plant in a ziplock bag-need a lil info before planting it looks like a canna not usre
    peat moss cups

lambs ear
    goosebil geranium
    lavender
    blue margarita-need info on planting also
    a type of grass unable to make out name

Again thank you so much for sharing your garden with me...

Jamie

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Yay!!! I'm coming in to the finish line....Shannon's package will be on its way in the AM. DC # 0103 8555 7497 1869 9975

It's been fun figuring out stuff to surprise her with...and I sure hope she enjoys her package :)

This was a wonderful swap!! Thanks so much for hostessing this Melissa :)

Toni

• paradisa
    14 years ago

Hi! It has been fun reading about everyones goodie boxes. Everyone has been getting such nice surprises. This has been fun. Wanted to send Dan a Sensation Lilac sproutlet, real pretty dark purple flowers with a white edge, but they weren't up when I sent his goodie box out. They are just coming up now. I just dug one up this morning and it will go out tomorrow. So Dan start looking for it towards the end of the week. :)

Lorraine

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you to everyone for the updates!

Lorraine~ I've seen those lilacs, and they ARE gorgeous!

~Linda(lindaruzicka) AND Michael(riverdank)SENTcolor>
    ~Nikki(nikkineel)REC'Dcolor>AND Patti(patti1957)
    ~Toni(dirtdiggin)REC'D & SENTcolor> AND Shannon(njcwgrl)

Ok, I think that's the updated list. Ya'll let me know if I've missed something, I've been really loopy lately. LOL

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

WOW! This was a never ending box of goodies!

Michael sent the following in his box:..ahem...

a 7 piece vanilla home fragrance set "sniffing"
    an adorable red rooster windchime (getting ready to hang that bugger up)
    eco friendly shopping bag (I've been meaning to get one of these)
    fragrant flower garden seed mix..it has 11 different flowers and covers 100 ft..(I know just where this will go!)
    scatter and grow wildflower garden seeds (this will go great right over there "pointing")
    silver metal flower planter (good for herbs)
    flowered plant pot
    PINK: garden shears, claw, hand shovel, kneeler, hose sprayer and flower pot (now I can feel girly even when I'm filthy!)
    pretty smelling hand lotion
    "paint your own knome"..this is the cutest thing and I've never seen one before!
    little knome with shovel (he'll go in my fairy garden)
    magnatic weekly wipe off garden calendar (this is going to be really handy)
    my garden journel (this will make it easier to keep track of what I'm doing)
    small metal watering pitcher (good for those hard to reach places)
    sun stake with matching metal fencing ( I have the perfect place for it)
    plant markers (do we ever have enough of these???)
    flexible garden ties (I can use these for the tomatoes)
    magnetic refrig list (I'm always writing on these!)

well, Michael, I think you outdid yourself! I'm extremely happy with my box....and now it's your turn..."rubbing hands together"...

• diene
    14 years ago

Well I feel like a real goof, I went to the rate and review forum and on a lark decided to see if anyone had said anything about me. You see when you are older than the forums, you tend to think that they are not important. I was very resistant to the idea of this from the start but I can see it can be helpful. This is a long way to say, "thanks" to those of you who said wonderful things about me. The only problem is other people might actually believe them and now you are in trouble. Have a wonderful night all.
    diene

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, if honesty gets us in trouble, Diene...then I'm in for it big time! :O)

GREAT box, Linda & Michael! (be gentle with him, Linda) LOL

~Linda(lindaruzicka)REC'Dcolor> AND Michael(riverdank)
    ~Wendy(sassybutterfly)REC'Dcolor>AND Cindy(cjcjmass) & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)
    ~Toni(dirtdiggin)REC'D & SENTcolor> AND Shannon(njcwgrl)

• divahethr
    14 years ago

hi part one box for Angela is sent out the tracking is 0307 0020 0001 9989 6815. hope fully will get the rest out soon. take care all!

• riverdank
    14 years ago

Linda deserves everything she got and more. She has been an awesome partner. She's helped me out so much! Thanks Linda! Cheers!

BTW- I was going to send you some of this good ole South Carolina Sweet Tea but I know how yall nawth'ners do it up in PennySylvania!

• jaleeisa
    14 years ago

The final part of Timmy's box is on it's way as of this morning. Cliff took it to the PO when he went to work, so it should arrive in a few days. I hope Timmy has enjoyed everything as much as I have enjoyed this swap!

Kathy

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

what do we do to it Michael?..."hiding cup behind back"

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Just checkin' in while I have a few mins of internet..lol I went browsing the big plant stores and ended up spending $ I shouldn't have... But I fig Mother's Day is this wkend and my kids aren't old enough to have any $ themselves to buy me something... (this is a VALID excuse, RIGHT??? LOL!) Anyhoo, got several lavenders, 2 of the white lace ones, some of the 'spanish' style in 2 different colors, some icy blue verbena.. soooooooooo pretty! and a few of their 'marked down' plants that I hope I can perk back up!

I'm still working on my ladies' boxes, will be finished up next week I hope. Cindy since you come into my area fairly regularly was wondering if you might want to meet to get your box in person and maybe do lunch? Just lemme know.. and if I don't respond right away, don't fret, I'm on borrowed internet time right now. :P and Billie I put some info together for you on lasagna gardening. If I don't get it printed out before the box goes out I'll just email it to you as a word document.

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Linda, I've heard that ya'll have to drink your tea HOT, since it's so cold up there all the time...and..I'm willing to bet that AIN'T sugar in your tea. LOL
    Other than THAT, I don't know what Michael's talkin' about! *innocent & perplexed look* :P

Thanks for the updates, Kat, Heather & Wendy!
    Here's the updated list & I'll make a new thread, also, since this one's nearly finished.

~Linda(lindaruzicka)REC'Dcolor> AND Michael(riverdank)
    ~Heather (divahethr)REC'D & SENTcolor> AND Angela(angela00)

• angela00
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry for my belated message. I have a newborn and was having house guests again. I received Heather's package last week. I'd asked for edibles and herbs and she sent me an incredible package.

Herbs:

chocolate mint (yummy!)
    cilantro (which I love)
    stevia (hard to come by - used to be banned from the US during a trade war with Latin America)
    lavender (a beautiful plant)

Plants:

Persimmon (this is a great fruit tree! I've potted it until I can decide just the right place ...)
    asparagus (I've been wanting to plant this!)
    red onions (yummy... better than white onions)
    elderberry (great! my husband is German and they eat elderberry and drink elderberry juice all the time over there)
    hazelnut (ditto!!)

Baby is crying. I hope that I got them all. Thank you for the excellent package!

Angela