Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaleeisa

update: mnf: april's fool 2 - partner list!!

jaleeisa
15 years ago

April 1st- April Fools Day

April Is Keep America Beautiful Month

April Is National Frog Month

April Is National Garden Month

April Is National Humor Month

April Is Stress Awareness Month

3rd Week - Week of the Young Child

No Housework Day - April 7th

April 8th- Passover begins at Sundown

Easter- April 12th

Earth Day- April 22nd

Arbor Day- April 24th

Hug a Friend Day- April 26th

Beltaine- April 30th

The daisy and the sweet pea are the month's traditional flowers

April is a month that is brimming with all sorts of special days! This month were going to celebrate those days. While these are not the only special days or weeks or themes that April has, I though IÂd mention a few that encompass faith, friendship, gardening and children. So, whatever your heartÂs desire to include- Easter goodies, Stress relief, garden decorations, frogs and fairies (Beltaine being a time to see the fairies as well as the hand-fasting between the Lord and Lady!), fun things to do rather than clean house, something to celebrate Earth or Arbor Days, something to make a friend feel special for Hug a Friend Day, or things to share our gardens with a child. All are wonderful ideas for this swap! (And IÂm sure Mark and Dan will take care of several pranks for April FoolÂs Day!, but you can include some in your box as well!)

THE RULES

#1 You have to be 18

#2 You are to send 5 or more seed packets (plants, cuttings, spring bulbs, etc are welcome too! Just make sure there are 5 different items), 2 goodies for your partner that speak to at least one of the special days listed, and a note to your partner telling them more about yourself!

#3 Sign up's are until the 5th at midnight (April 5 midnight ET) and then partners will be assigned the next morning after I get up and moving (April 6).

#4. The boxes are to be mailed out by April 20th. This should give time to put together the box and hopefully have them all received by the end of the month. If you will be mailing late, for ANY reason, please either post here or contact your partner AND me privately by email. This way the at least the three of us are in the loop and know what's going on :)

#5. The Delivery Confirmation number is to be posted or sent to your partner and to Kathy(people like to know when it's arriving)

#6 You have to share what youÂve received by posting your boxÂs contents for us all to ÂOhhh and ÂAhhh over!

#7 Remember to post a review for your sender in the Rate and Review Forum!

#8. This is all about fun and friendship! Have a good time with it!

*hobbling out of bed, veeeery gingerly, cause mornings are the worst until the muscles warm up,* Okay, okay! I give! Clean up this mess and I'll show you the list! *hands on hips, surveying the carpet with the rather large 'smudges', you know, the ones that look more like holes* Is that my favorite sauce pan? *eying Tracy and the clanging pans* Oh, and I did the list with direct links to each person's trade list so it's easy for everyone to get to :) *tacking up the list* and giving you all a couple more links to April Celebrations that had some ideas about celebrating and activities.

Melissa (hazelnutbunny)and Linda (lindaruzicka)

Dan (dan_the_mailman) and Iris (rane_grow)

Monica(mommyto2)and Tonya (tootsiepop254)

Carrie (barefoot_contessa)and Fran (ncgardengirl)

Tracy (joy_unspeakableand Kamil (kamiljablo)

Wendy(sassy butterfly_2008)and Mary (maryataylor_2008)

Denise (antiqueorchid)and CA (sakura_komichi)

Cindy (cjcjmass)and Carol (veeja11)

Margo (smitties)and Deb (debbya)

Tonya(tootsiepop254)and Mary (maryataylor_2008)

Joan (ejmoore)and Pat (fairyoak)

Jamie (ashcraftbunch)and Kim (hillbillygal)

Nikki (nikkineel)and Kathy(jaleeisa)

Mark (markcase1964)and Joseph(jdkind)

Annie (canyonwind)and Nichol(gardenmom2)

Diene (diene)and Amelia (amelia_pepper_lady)

Let the mayhem...ermm.. I mean thoughtful, caring swapping begin! I hope everyone enjoys getting to know each other! If there are any problems, let me know and I'll see what I can work out!

Kathy *wandering off to work on a devious...errmm... delightful box for Nikki!

List of April Special Celebrations 1

Comments (151)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

My mailman banged on my door this morning and I thought.."gee, wonder what's here"...and there was Bunny's box! It was stuffed full of all kinds of cool stuff:

Bunny Bubbles (these look like a bunny peep and have bubbles in them...I immediately started blowing them)
    "When pigs fly" now you have to picture this..it's a pink polka dotted metal pig with wings. It's attached to a spring and when you hang it, it bounces up and down which makes the pig look likes it's flying..I laughed and laughed at this one!
    furry mice for my cats...they were trying to get to them through the paper. Needless to say, I now have cats running around with furry mice in their faces! They send their thanks!
    a mug with a cat on it with the saying" Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs should get used to the idea" (my husband agreed.."L") It had different types of Chai tea inside the cup and the box it came in. I washed it out and used it for my morning tea!
    a mini stationary set..it's really cute. It has paper, pen stapler,tape and it's really tiny!
    wax melts: Mai Tai, lemon merangue, and white zinfandel..yummy!
    Oscar Meyer bread bag clips..I have never seen these before (how did you know that unfastened bread is a pet peeve?)
    body lotion coconut (smells like the beach)
    Fruit nugget gum-tastes like orange and strawberry
    Dk chocolate and peppermint lip balm (I had thought about eating it..it smells really good!)
    sugar cookies lip balm..another one of my favorite scents
    smiley stickers (might stick one on my grouchy daughter's face.."G")
    a "for after late night parties": a sleep mask (I really do use these) Burt's Bees day cream, burt's bees calming candle and facial cleanser, super energy boosters ('nough said!)
    Bubble playset for the kid in me..as I said, I love to blow bubbles!
    Hershey's favorite recipes cookbook..(need I say more??)
    seeds: white swan coneflower
    old fashioned lilac
    eggplant Ghostbuster White
    Rhubard
    gladiola bulbs
    an IOU for three plants when I can plant
    and finally:
    Kitty Krispies..this looks like cat poop in the litter box..ROTF! It's made out of grape nuts and rice krispies cereals and it's just what it looks like! Jeff reached right in and ate one but Sara had to be convinced. I had fun with that...and it's really good too!

Soooo Miss Bunny...I was very happy with my box and I'm working on yours. Please tell your kids that the cat poop was a big hit..."G"

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Yay, I'm glad everything got there fine! I was worried about the cup- I didn't have enough bubble wrap to cover it entirely. The girls picked that out...along with the mice, stickers & gum, and the bubbles, cookbook & bread clips were from the boys.

Funny thing about the cat poop: The girls and I made that Friday morning, right before sending your box out. Of course, you can't make a SMALL batch of poop- we had a 13x9" pan full. So the girls were eating the left overs all day.
    LOL It was Adora's birthday, so while we were running errands and mailing your box, she was telling everyone about it. They'd ask if she was having a good birthday, and she'd say "Yep! I eat cat poop!"

You should've SEEN the looks I got.
    Gosh, I guess you can't let your kids eat cat poop anymore.
    What's the world coming to??

• jdkind
    15 years ago

Hay! MARK

Did you get The box I sent??? DID ya DID ya!!!

hee heehee snicker! LOL

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAYBE YOU'D ENJOY this one more DC# 03082040000056379465
    I hope I go ya!! still laughing!!

Joseph ;)

• smitties
    15 years ago

Kathy, your meal does sound wonderful. I have always wanted to do rutabagas but my family would never even try it.

Oh and I do have a confession. I too broke my rules this weekend. No one knows here that I am a life time member of Weight Watchers, (since February). I started January of 08 and in the year, dropped 48 pounds. We attend meetings every month even though we really have to weigh in the first Monday of each month so I lucked out. My husband and I (he has lost the same) opted out of going tonight. I am blaming the salt in the ham. :) I have three weeks to work it off.

Kathy, Deb and I have had several traded emails so we are good. I am planning to get in the garden Thursday to get some goodies to put in her box. I was hoping to get it done this past week but ended up having an overnighter at the local hospital and then tests following during the week. One of those medical surprises you really don't want but have no choice. Grrrrrr

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So, that leaves us with the following that I've not heard have had contact, or I know that one or the pair has not heard from their partner:

Monica (mommyto2)and Tonya (tootsiepop254)
    Wendy (sassybutterfly_2008) and Mary (maryataylor_2008)

I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning to start emailing those who still haven't let me know. That way everyone will have this evening to be able to see that I need to to.

Excellent box, Melissa! Sounds like lots of wonderful things in there for Linda to have lots of fun with!

So, as far as boxes moving we have:
    Melissa (hazelnutbunny)Sent and Linda (lindaruzicka) Received
    Tracy (joy_unspeakableand Kamil (kamiljablo)
    Wendy(sassy butterfly_2008)and Mary (maryataylor_2008)
    Tonya(tootsiepop254)and Mary (maryataylor_2008)
    Mark (markcase1964)and Joseph(jdkind) Sent
    Diene (diene)Sent and Amelia (amelia_pepper_lady)

Margo, thanks for letting me know that you and Deb are on track! I hope you're feeling better and it wasn't anything serious!

Gonna go and finish up dinner and I'll check back tomorrow morning and then get to emailing folks.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Kathy ~ My partner never responded and so I'd like to just forego this month's swap. It actually works out fine cuz I've had one heck of a LONGGGGGG weekend... migraines, KIDNEY stones (which are still traveling..*whimper) and $$ issues have come about so dropping out is actually a blessing at this point.. Also I'm pretty sure my cable/internet will be cut off in the next couple of days cuz we had dr bills to pay instead of that lil luxury... Sooo I'll check in when I can get to someone else's computer and/or the library.

Hugs!
    Wendy

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

I received Joseph's April Fool's swap today. He sent me several packs of seeds from Walmart... I guess the real swap box is coming soon.

Thanks for the smile Joe

Mark

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That's fine, Wendy. I know how it is when things get tight! Hope things get better and you start feeling better soon!

So, I need to contact:
    Monica (mommyto2)and Tonya (tootsiepop254)

I know Fran has sent emails to Carrie, but I'll try as well.

What kind of seeds, Mark? I'm sure Joseph has a great box planned to go along with the seeds :)

I'll get these folks emailed and we'll see just who is still in. Though Fran and Joan are really the only two that I'm sure will still participate, I'll give the others 24 hours to contact me, then I'll probably just pair up Joan and Fran...

I'm CCing a couple of our experienced members so they have a copy of the email I'm sending.

Kathy

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

Hi Guys!!!

Sorry I've been MIA.....I was kidnapped by my garden :p

I'm still in Kathy. I just haven't heard from Tonya yet. Sent her an email last Tuesday but no answer yet. Will try again.

It's been fun reading all the diet 'sins' on Easter. That's why I don't follow diets.....I can't say no to good food :0)

Linda, that's a great box you got there. Please show us pictures of the pig.

See you guys later........back out to the garden I go.....

Monica

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Alright, off the go, I've had the email to Carrie (barefoot_contessa) and Pat (fairyoak) both came back as undeliverable. Both said the accounts had been suspended- their emails, I had no problem with their GW pages. On the other hand, there may be some issues with GW again because it told me that Joan didn't exist. Monica just posted above, so what I will likely do, depending on who I hear back from by tomorrow morning, is I may just pair Fran and Monica and we'll leave it at that.

More later as I hear, or not, from everyone else.

Kathy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Kat~ Carrie's partner from the Newbie swap hasn't heard from her, either. And I know she's been trying for quite awhile now.

I thought I'd share a picture of my bunch from Easter morning. Of course, I'm not in the picture, since I was taking it...but if you look at the kid on the far left, I've been told he looks just like me. LOL Just give him hair down to his butt, and we may pass for twins. :O)

{{gwi:1260156}}

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Kathy,
    I sent you a private email begging forgiveness. The story goes like this. I paid over $200.00 to have wireless internet installed last week at my house. (Not counting the monthly bill.) It worked ONE DAY and just died. When I called for a repairman, they said it would be 2 WEEKS before one was available to come out!
    Sooooooo, I'm back to making an appointment at the library and driving 25 minutes one way. Pooh!!!!
    I emailed Pat (fairyoak)and explained my situation.
    I truly don't want to be dropped out of this swap. :( I was really looking forward to it!
    Hope you'll all accept my apologies and be patient with me.
    It will be Thursday before I can check back in but I'm going to proceed forward with Pat's box and send it out then.

Thanks,

Joan

• barefoot_contessa
    15 years ago

No, I didnn't fall off the face of the earth, I just had too many brownies and tea! ;-)

I am back! ncgardengirl! Glad to have you as my partner! I haven't checked my e-mail yet, going to go do that right now!

Happy Spring!
    Carrie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ya'll will not believe what my dumb hinny did YESTERDAY!
    I went out in the woods and found a maple tree I wanted to plant in the yard.
    So I dug it up, come back told the SO I wanted to plant it and asked for his input as to where. WELL I didn't LIKE his choice because he KNEW the flower bed was going there! So I said how about HERE? He said ok, well I proceed to dig the hole and hit GRAVEL, OPPS that is the waterline! Can't place it there!
    So I move over about 3 or 4 ft and stick the shovel in the ground, and wiggle out a clump of dirt, then out with more dirt again THIS time there is a cable line in the dirt....hmmmm, that's weird I think because CABLE doesn't bury the line and doesn't come to the house here! Oh well, must be something else.
    So, I am trying to make the hole big enough to fit the tree root in and he decided to do another slice and now cuts a 1 foot section out of the cable and proceeds to say hey, that might be the phone line....I said NO, NOT a CABLE line, you think? He said yeah, that is what they use...I said nah, I don't think it was the phone line (and internet too!) so after about 30 minutes after we planted the tree my curiosity got the better of me and I came in the house to check the internet, and sure enough no connection so I pick up the phone to confirm that it truly is dead and yes it was.
    So we went to the store to call them and they said they would be out today to trouble shoot, well THAT wasn't necessary I KNEW what the trouble was!
    So when the guy comes today, he said is your phone not working? I said NOPE SURE NOT, wanna know WHY? He said Sure, I said OK, see that tree there? He said yes,...I said well THAT is why HEHE.
    He said you cut the line? I said yeap, want me to show you were it is? He said is it still sticking out of the ground? I said NOPE, it got chopped off...so I showed him exactly where the two halves were and within 30 minutes he had it spliced and reconnected....and I was back in contact with my world! You KNOW that is GW right?

See Bunny, I do it too! BUT when I do it I do it BIG! lol.
    :) Fran

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Well Fran, at least you cut your own line! LOL! Last summer when I was tilling the yard, I cut not my cable line, but the neighbor's! It only took a few moments until they were out in the yard, wondering what had happened. Luckily, he was once a repairman for the cable company and still had the stuff to fix it. Can you say.... OOOPS???

okay, time for a bit of a shameless plug y'all! Since Bump is going to be hosting the May MNF Swap, I thought I'd host the Blue Seed Swap. So, if you've got some blue seeds, or seeds for something with blue in it, then come on over and share in the fun! We've already got some MNFers in the group, so I thought I'd pop over and invite everyone here to jump in! I've got the link listed below...
    -Dan

• amelia_pepper_lady
    15 years ago

DIENE!!!!

Who told you about me and wine??????

Hi, everyone. Just kicked my H off the computer for a minute to let you know I received my box from Diene. It is fabulous.

I don't have time to list the contents now. I'll try to make a list tomorrow and post.

The old wine-o,
    Amelia

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Sorry, Dan....the only blue seeds I have are morning glories, and I really doubt anyone would appreciate those. :O) I don't have to tell you what happened to all my other seeds, because I'm pretty sure I told the story during the last swap. LOL

But on the bright side....I have TONS of columbine going nuts in my flower bed now.

Ah, children. Aren't they cute?? :P

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Looks like Carrie and Fran are set as well as Joan and Pat- Joan, if you have any problems getting back in touch with Pat, let me know in the next couple days and I'll see what we need to do. We're just going to drop Jamie and Kim, since neither bothered to email me back. So, depending on whether Monica and Joan hear back from their partners quickly, I'll either pair them together or I'll take them as a partner should only one of them not hear from their partner. One of my Newbies in the Adopt a Newbie swap was dropped because she never contacted me, so I think the budget can handle another box for this swap. So, we'll give until Thursday/Friday for them to get back in touch with their assigned partners. If they get with their partners, I'll leave the deadline for mailing as it was originally stated, because everyone should have still be working on the boxes for their assigned partner. If I need to pair Joan and Monica, or I take one of them as partner, we'll extend the deadline for that setup by a few days to give them a little time. Sound fair to everyone?

Dan, I'm gonna give the blue swap a pass, though blue is one of the colors I enjoy in my gardens. I'm too close to gearing up for this surgery. I'm hoping that I'll feel up to doing Bump's swap. Any hints on what he's got planned?

Kathy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Does anyone have any pole beans?? I am making the girl's edible flower hut, and I have the TeePees all ready in the corners- but I've only got bush beans! ARGH!
    And wouldn't ya know, none of the stores around here have pole beans. I guess everyone wants bush beans! LOL

• diene
    15 years ago

HNB:
    I think I have some pole beans, commercial that I picked up, if I do I will pop them in the mail today.
    diene

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Joe, Thanks! I got my box! I am having fun here. Joe sent:

can of cocoa: dark chocolate blend
    anticoh hostas
    Emerson's Giant Sempervivum (Chicks and hens) This is HUGE!
    Belgian dark chocolate bar
    kalanche pinnata plant (has healing powers south of the equater!)
    hummingbird feeder
    dutch iris (miss saigon)
    leek starts
    victoria rhubarb
    Japanese cobra lily
    Virginia bluebells

and seeds
    aster
    phlox
    celosia
    statice
    hlichrysum
    marigold
    zinnnia
    portulaca

WOW! What a box! Thank you so much. Your box will be going out on Monday. You are off to being a well sought after swap partner!!!!

Mark

• joy_unspeakable
    15 years ago

HNB - I have a commercial pack of pole beans if Diene doesn't. Just let me know.

~ Tracy

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What a great box, Joseph! I'm envious, Mark! I saw several things on that list that made me drool!

So, as far as boxes moving we have:
    Melissa (hazelnutbunny)Sent and Linda (lindaruzicka) Received
    Tracy (joy_unspeakable) and Kamil (kamiljablo)
    Mark (markcase1964) Receivedand Joseph(jdkind) Sent
    Diene (diene)Sent and Amelia (amelia_pepper_lady) Received

Did I miss anyone?

Melissa, I have some sugar snap snow peas that I could send as well as the pole beans Diene's sending you. They should make a lovely teepee as well :) I'll drop them in today's mail as well.

Anything else you're wanting for the girls?

Kathy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Wow, THANK YOU! :O)
    The girls were so disappointed when we went to plant their beans, and I had to explain that they wouldn't climb the poles we put in place. (that's ONE good thing that came from the ice storm- plenty of limbs & brush lying around to put to use!)
    We did get some short sunflowers & carrots planted. I thought I had the giant sunflowers, but only had the 3ft variety. And there is a BIG difference between 3ft and 12ft! LOL
    Ah well, the girls are short enough that it probably won't matter to them, anyway! :O)

Kat~ Just anything that will attract lots of butterflies. I *had* some flower seeds set aside for their butterfly garden, but....*sigh*....they are probably growing in the sidewalk cracks. The seeds I DID have left, after the girls went on their wild sowing expedition, I found in my desk drawer. I had stashed them there after opening the mail one time, and forgot all about them until just a bit ago. Seeds are NOT safe in my house. LOL
    My mom did give me some radish & cucumber seeds last week, but they are in the glove compartment of the suburban...which is 3 cities away right now...
    Fat lot of good THAT does, huh? :O)

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Melissa, then I'll take a little more time and put together a bunch of things for them :) I have the Mammoth Sunflowers and will make sure to add those, the snow peas and some things for the butterflies. Give me a day or two, but go ahead and tell the girls they should be there by next Friday :)

Just got an email from Tonya (tootsiepop254) and she says she's still in and will be emailing Monica back, she's a bit behind on emails :) So, if Joan is able to get into touch with Pat fairly quickly, then we're back in business with no hitches! If not, we'll just have a slight delay while Joan and I put together a box for each other :)

Kathy~ going to lie down for a bit now that the pills finally unclogged her brain and she remembered how to add a tab to the .xml file to update the host record!

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Kat, I have been "thinking" about your box and gathered a few things. I hope to have it out the beginning of next week. Just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten about ya! I hope to "catch up" on reading the threads this weekend. Nik

• amelia_pepper_lady
    15 years ago

The box Diene sent me was packed -- no room for anything else.

I opened last night as my "dessert" after dinner. (Cut back on the calories that way.)

Here's the contents...

PLANTS/BULBS
    Daylily - Stella d'Oro
    Iris
    Siberian iris
    Hosta
    Variegated sedum
    Monardo
    Spirea
    Bleeding heart (Been wanting this for a long time!)
    Coral bells

SEEDS
    Oak (acorn)
    Joe Pye weed
    Chocolate Joe Pye weed
    Datura, white
    Shasta daisy
    Cleome, mixed

OTHER
    The cutest little garden gnome!!
    Trinket box with Pinot Noir wine bottles on the top

OK, I know how Diene knew I collected boxes. However, I never said ANYTHING about my wine habit. My husband says it's a serious habit. I get birthday and Christmas cards from some of the guys running tasting rooms at the wineries. I've had to arrange assistance at airports for my carry-on cases of wine. (It's amazing that they let me carry on 3 cases on one flight.)

THANK YOU, DIENE!!!!!!

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone. Just stoping to say hi and hopefully mailing Monday. Been crazy busy but I wantd to sayhi nd hope verye is doing well.

Nichol

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Joseph,

You have mail with your DC number. It leaves NC tomorrow!

I was able to catch the experiment and get into a cage. Be careful when you open the box. It will have gone three days with no feeding....

Mark

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I need to get Carrie's address, she needs mine too. I haven't actually gotten an email back from her yet so don't know anything as to what we are going to do whether or not we are surprising or gonna give each other hints as to what we would like ;)!
    I will send her another email....

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

I just love these boxes...wonderful! Nichol, I am planning on sending your April's Fools box out Sunday or Monday....

Happy Thursday!

Annie

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What a great box, Diene!! Amelia, I'm envious! Bleeding heart! *swoon!* Variegated sedum *swoon!* AND Coral Bells!!*swoon!*
    I adore this time in a swap, boxes are flying and landing and there are sooooooo many goodies to drool over!

Fran, I heard from Carrie yesterday and I know she's still interested and looking forward to this. I also know she's way behind on emails due to several circumstances all at once. I emailed you regarding your questions.

Carrie, hon, you really need to get in touch with Fran. I know she sends really wonderful boxes and has been looking forward to getting to know you and has been concerned over the lack of contact.

Nikki, I'm not worried, hon. As I told you in my last email, I'm likely going to be late myself. Ya know, it's really sad how the online nurseries do not plan better to handle what they should KNOW is going to be a busy time of year! It drives me nuts how slow they are on shipping at times. If I wanted plants in the middle of July, I'd order them then, right? Sorry, personal rant here, but it does drive me nuts. Not only am I waiting for things to share with Nikki and my adorable young partner in the Newbie swap, but in Oklahoma, if something doesn't have time to get well established before the hard heat sets in, I have to stick it into a holding box til fall and hope I have time for it to recover before first frosts. And with ordering through the mail, you don't really know what you're going to get until it arrives, ya know? Bare root can have so many definitions in the nursery world, apparently. So can 4 in. potted plants. Really tweeked me last year when I ordered from a company last year and my 4 in potted plant was a scrawny, sad looking little thing that I seriously doubted even my usually well thought of recovery skills could save. On complaining after the poor little thing was given a lovely ceremony before being laid to rest in my compost bin, thankfully they sent me a much sturdier plant, but it took the three weeks while I frantically attended it in my ICU, but another four weeks. By then it was too late to attempt putting it into my full sun bed, so it had to go into a mostly sun/partial shade holding bed to wait until the days started cooling some. It's a pretty plant now, but it's the principal!

Another thing that irks me is that sometimes you can only find a certain plant from one vendor! So, if you really want it for that year, you have to deal with them!

LOL, rant finished... for now!

So, boxes are flying, hopefully our MIA folks are all back on the ball and getting with their partners and I'm planning for contingencies. I'm off to get out a delayed bubblie of seeds for my young partner in the Newbie swap now that I have more seed baggies! WooHoo!! And I'm gonna try to talk Cliff into taking me to Lowe's today, now that his mother has loaned me the wheelchair his Grandmother used, so that I can get around in places that don't have motorized carts available.

And I planted more strawberries this morning in grow bags :)

It's been a GOOD day so far!

Kathy

• cjcjmass
    15 years ago

Thank you carol

Oh my goodness, I recieved a wonderful box full of goodies

Peach n cream dahlia
    Astible
    Hugh bag of chic candy
    Dogg biscuit for maxx & simbad
    Lemon grass sage bubble bath
    White tea Ginger bubble bath
    White magnolia bubble bath
    Lilac breeze ceramic burner and tea lights
    2 Easter bunnies filled with jelly bean
    Welcome frog for my garden
    Hosts seeds
    Light pink columbine
    Cactus
    Carnation mixed colors
    Red hot poker
    Columbine barlow mix
    Delphinium magic fountain

I've really enjoyed reading and getting to know
    Everyone. I really love my package everything will go in the ground this weekend mr groggy will me at the front door.

Your box went outt yesterday carol

• smitties
    15 years ago

My box is on the way to Deb as of a half an hour ago. The DC # is 0308 2040 0001 6639 4747. I am hoping it arrives on Saturday so the poor little plants don't have to sit at the post office all day Sunday.

Deb, I hope you enoy your package.

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Hey Bump!
    Let me introduce myself- my name's Gypsy. I adopted Hazelnutbunny's family today. Today is my 11 week birthday. I'm pretty new at all this ownership stuff, so I wondered if you had any tips for me?
    There are a bunch of miniature humans running around here, and I'm scared I'm gonna lose my tail soon.
    Love,
    Gypsy

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Hi all!
    Well, I've not heard from Pat still, so I'm going to hold up on sending her box out today until you advise me Kathy. I'll be able to repack the box for whomever you decide and send out next Tuesday, so it will be one day late shipping, but I promise it will be worth it for whoever receives it! :)
    Gypsy, I'd say a beautiful kitty like you ought to be able to talk Bump into just about anything!
    Everyone take care and have a great weekend! I'll talk to ya'll Tuesday.

Joan

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Dear Gypsy,
    The first thing you absolutely must do is find the litter box. Hopefully your humans put you there first thing, and you know now where it is. Secondly, you must establish yourself as the new head of the household, and let all the humans know that YOU are in charge, and they are only allowed in the house to serve YOUR needs. They may think otherwise, but they'll learn.
    When the smaller humans pick you up, remember to keep your claws retracted. This will go a long way towards earning the respect and love of your humans, and they will be more forgiving when you do actually need to use your claws. Also, you need to find a piece of furniture for your claw post. Preferably something made of wood. I use an arm on the couch myself. Also, Dan has 4 pieces of carpet remnant we keep in the office for Stella and me to use.
    Remember to snuggle and purr. Humans love this.
    At night, sleep in the same bed as your humans. You have to establish the ground rules with them right away.
    Remember to chase string, lights, bugs, balls, and noisy toys. Humans think this is cute.
    Tell your humans it would be better if you stay indoors all the time. This will keep you from picking up bugs and diseases.
    Go with your humans to the vet and get all your shots. Hopefully they will find you a nice vet like I've got. In about 3 months, you will need to visit your vet and get "fixed". I'm not really sure why they use this term, but they do. You won't be able to have any kittens, but that's okay. You'll always have your humans, and they can be a lot like kittens, silly things!
    And finally, welcome to the family! You are adorable! You can use this to your advantage, lol! If you have any more questions, let me know. I'll try to answer them for you. Also, let your humans know that if they have any questions, they can always write to Dan and he'll try to help them out.
    Love, Bump

p.s. Stella would say hello, but she's busy watching the birds through the window.

• antiqueorchid
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

What a beautiful day. I was able to dig till my heart was content. I sent Cheryls box off today as well. I stuffed it as much as possible. I don't think I could have fit one more thing in there. I sent her an email with her delivery confirmation number. She will have beautiful weather this weekend to plant all her new babies.

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone!!

Bunny, that is one precious kitty!

Kathy, Tonya and I have been in contact and will be sending out boxes out next week so they don't sit in the post office over the weekend. Will post a DC when shipped.

I hope everyone is having good weather to play in the dirt!!!

Monica

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello HNB:
    I put the beans in the mail today. I had two kinds so you should be all set.
    Hello Amelia;
    I am glad you like what you received already, I was hoping to get the bulbs out today but that did not happen. There will be another day.
    diene

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Kathy,
    Iris and I are both planning on sending out our boxes on Monday.

On another note, Bump has asked me to tell everyone that he will be posting the May MNF swap sometime this weekend. He's calling it "Bump's MNF Mayday, Mayday Swap", and looks quite interesting to me. He says he's putting a bit of mystery into it...

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Looks like everyone is on track, for the most part. Nikki knows I'll be mailing a little late since I'm still waiting on that blasted order! I'm going to call them today and see if it does any good.

Fran, have you heard from Carrie yet? I know that Joan's still waiting to hear from Pat. Fran, hon, get back to me on the latest, then I will make a final decision this evening on what needs to be done.

Cute kitty, Melissa! I'll have that package for the kids ready to mail later this afternoon. I'll let you know if it goes out today or tomorrow.

Glad to see so many boxes flying or about to be!

Bump's swap sounds like it's going to be a LOT of fun!

Kathy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

HELP! This kitten is WIRED! She runs from one end of the house to the other like her tail is on fire, and SHE NEVER STOPS!!! We haven't been able to catch her since we brought her home! Oh, and last night, she jumped up and attacked my head simply because my HAIR moved!
    The only time she's even REMOTELY still is when she's using the litter box. But even then, it's like she's speed pooping. I swear her little paws are covering stuff so fast, they are a blur.
    None of us got any sleep last night. If she wasn't trying to kill us in our sleep, she was running from room to room. And we don't have carpeting, so the sounds were echoing...THUMP THUMP THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP More of like a machine gun sound, though.

*rubbing bleary eyes*
    I got more sleep when Lili was a newborn!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ahh, Bunny, so sorry...I am sure she will calm down, or at least I hope so...hmmm, could you try some catnip to bait her with? LOL

No Kathy, I haven't heard from her yet. I don't have her address and she doesn't have mine either.

Dan, you are too funny. I can't wait to see what Bump has came up with!

Ok, I need to be getting my hinny back outside....

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL... one word... CATNIP! Lots of it!

I think I've contacted everyone that I needed to today. If not, someone drop me a note. We're forecast for severe thunderstorms today through tomorrow night, so my computer time may be limited. I don't like being on when there's lightening even though we have cable internet.

Fran, please let me know ASAP whether you hear from Carrie. That will be the deciding factor in what I set up for Joan.

By the way, Jamie emailed me and is still trying to get in touch with Kim. I let her know that officially, I'd dropped them from the swap, but if they complete it, both of them, and send me DCNs and post contents, it will have them clear for the group with the condition that they will have to send first in the next MNF swap they join. I felt this was the most fair way to deal with it, if they both complete the swap. I invite her to hang about and get to know folks and she's assured me that she will :) I'm very happy about that!

Oh, and I called the company I ordered from and they're putting a rush on the order, and I found out that it's always best to call the order in and request a rush. Have a really nice conversation with the young lady I spoke with. We discussed my theme gardens and she's going to be checking into GW. She's interested in seeing my Gargoyle bed and Naughty Garden and I'd bet she'd be interested in seeing some of the other Goth type beds and any of the themed beds. She was really interested in the possibilities of those. I told her she'd need to check back in a couple months to see pics of mine since they're still pretty dormant at the moment and it will take some time for the kids and DH to get everything tended to, especially in the new beds that we just started working on. Anyway, she was a really sweet young lady and we had a nice conversation and she tried to see if there was more she could do to get my order here quickly. The rush was all she could do, but I should have my order here sometime late next week or early the following week. So I'll be able to have Nikki's box to mail out then. Everything else is ready and packed. Or ready to be packed :) Though the longer I have to wait to mail it off, the more seeds I find to tuck in ... for cushioning, ya know?

Kathy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Yep, I remember why I didn't want a KITTEN, I wanted a CAT. LOL She's overturned 3 plants, 2 trashcans, nibbled on the lemon tree and keeps leaping on the birdcage. I think the poor parakeet is going to have a coronary.
    But on the BRIGHT side, the kids haven't muttered "I'm bored" one single time in the last 24 hours! Woo-Hoo!
    She's keeping them entertained, and they are all getting lots of exercise. :O)

Kat~ Thank you!! I know the kids will be tickled with it. It was very sweet of you to send it.

Hey Bump & Dan~ Can you explain the difference between cat grass and regular grass? The store down the road has a neat cat grass container kit that I am considering getting for Gypsy, since she is chewing on plants. I want one that's safe for her.
    Or do you think catnip would be a better choice? I have NO clue what cats like.... :P

• barefoot_contessa
    15 years ago

Kathy - I sent responded to your e-mail. However, if there is someone else that will not have a partner, Fran and Pat can send to each other and I will join in some other time. That is no problem :-)

Fran - I don't think our e-mails like each other :-(
    I haven't received anything from you, and I am guessing that you never received anything from me. I think I am going to get a yahoo address as I seem to be having major problems using the one my internet provider provides.
    You and Pat get together and send to each other, and I will jump in some other time.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Carrie

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, I'm working with everyone to see what everyone would be more comfortable with and will make a solid announcement on what's been worked out tomorrow morning. We'll get it all straight and I know everyone will have a great time!

Kathy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Bunny, get the cat grass, and like the others have said, grow LOTS of catnip! Be careful with what Gypsy is chewing on plantwise, she will chew on stuff that's poisonous if it's available.
    Get used to the running. Bump and Stella get to running around, and all I can do is freeze when they're coming at me so I don't get a)knocked over, or b)clawed.
    If Gypsy is not coming to you on her own, give her a few days. She is going to take a few days to get used to your house, and everyone in it. She will start approaching everyone at different times, which will be when she is comfortable with them. DO NOT FORCE HER.
    The biggest thing you've got to remember is that Gypsy is a baby, and will be so until she's at least a year old. Then she will be a teen-ager. She will go into her first "heat" at about 6 months old, and should be spayed before then.
    Your entire house is going to be changing for a while now. Constantly. But do not give up on Gypsy, she'll soon be a treasured member of the family, and you won't regret getting her at all. That, I can promise.
    Now, go take a nap. Tonight, you're not going to get much sleep.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

OK, I sent Carrie ANOTHER email just now from MY interenet provider addy which I DO NOT use, but think it will go through better for her then the live.com one I usually use.
    SO, let's just see what happens now. :)

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional