Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
update: mnf: april's fool 2 - partner list!!

Posted by jaleeisa 6b Oklahoma (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 6, 09 at 8:46

april Pictures, Images and Photos
April 1st- April Fools Day
April Is Keep America Beautiful Month
April Is National Frog Month
April Is National Garden Month
April Is National Humor Month
April Is Stress Awareness Month
3rd Week - Week of the Young Child
No Housework Day - April 7th
April 8th- Passover begins at Sundown
Easter- April 12th
Earth Day- April 22nd
Arbor Day- April 24th
Hug a Friend Day- April 26th
Beltaine- April 30th

The daisy and the sweet pea are the month's traditional flowers
April is a month that is brimming with all sorts of special days! This month were going to celebrate those days. While these are not the only special days or weeks or themes that April has, I though Id mention a few that encompass faith, friendship, gardening and children. So, whatever your hearts desire to include- Easter goodies, Stress relief, garden decorations, frogs and fairies (Beltaine being a time to see the fairies as well as the hand-fasting between the Lord and Lady!), fun things to do rather than clean house, something to celebrate Earth or Arbor Days, something to make a friend feel special for Hug a Friend Day, or things to share our gardens with a child. All are wonderful ideas for this swap! (And Im sure Mark and Dan will take care of several pranks for April Fools Day!, but you can include some in your box as well!)

THE RULES
#1 You have to be 18
#2 You are to send 5 or more seed packets (plants, cuttings, spring bulbs, etc are welcome too! Just make sure there are 5 different items), 2 goodies for your partner that speak to at least one of the special days listed, and a note to your partner telling them more about yourself!
#3 Sign up's are until the 5th at midnight (April 5 midnight ET) and then partners will be assigned the next morning after I get up and moving (April 6).
#4. The boxes are to be mailed out by April 20th. This should give time to put together the box and hopefully have them all received by the end of the month. If you will be mailing late, for ANY reason, please either post here or contact your partner AND me privately by email. This way the at least the three of us are in the loop and know what's going on :)
#5. The Delivery Confirmation number is to be posted or sent to your partner and to Kathy(people like to know when it's arriving)
#6 You have to share what youve received by posting your boxs contents for us all to Ohhh and Ahhh over!
#7 Remember to post a review for your sender in the Rate and Review Forum!
#8. This is all about fun and friendship! Have a good time with it!

*hobbling out of bed, veeeery gingerly, cause mornings are the worst until the muscles warm up,* Okay, okay! I give! Clean up this mess and I'll show you the list! *hands on hips, surveying the carpet with the rather large 'smudges', you know, the ones that look more like holes* Is that my favorite sauce pan? *eying Tracy and the clanging pans* Oh, and I did the list with direct links to each person's trade list so it's easy for everyone to get to :) *tacking up the list* and giving you all a couple more links to April Celebrations that had some ideas about celebrating and activities.

Melissa (hazelnutbunny)and Linda (lindaruzicka)
Dan (dan_the_mailman) and Iris (rane_grow)
Monica(mommyto2)and Tonya (tootsiepop254)
Carrie (barefoot_contessa)and Fran (ncgardengirl)
Tracy (joy_unspeakableand Kamil (kamiljablo)
Wendy(sassy butterfly_2008)and Mary (maryataylor_2008)
Denise (antiqueorchid)and CA (sakura_komichi)
Cindy (cjcjmass)and Carol (veeja11)
Margo (smitties)and Deb (debbya)
Tonya(tootsiepop254)and Mary (maryataylor_2008)
Joan (ejmoore)and Pat (fairyoak)
Jamie (ashcraftbunch)and Kim (hillbillygal)
Nikki (nikkineel)and Kathy(jaleeisa)
Mark (markcase1964)and Joseph(jdkind)
Annie (canyonwind)and Nichol(gardenmom2)
Diene (diene)and Amelia (amelia_pepper_lady)

Let the mayhem...ermm.. I mean thoughtful, caring swapping begin! I hope everyone enjoys getting to know each other! If there are any problems, let me know and I'll see what I can work out!

Kathy *wandering off to work on a devious...errmm... delightful box for Nikki!

List of April Special Celebrations 1

Here is a link that might be useful: List of April Special Celebrations 2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: update: mnf: april's fool 2 - partner list!!

Yay! Victims!
Uh....I MEAN....PARTNERS!

Woo-Hoo!!!

Oh, and BTW....100%, entirely true flaming marshmallow of death story. I was known for YEARS as chicken killer. CK for short.
Yep, I have yet to live that down.
My own KIDS won't even let me roast marshmallows.

The fear for the cat.
ROFL!

o

LOL, I see how it is... badger me all night, then once I post the list only Melissa is about! :P~~~

Kathy

o

Yea, I got Carrie!!! I hope I can find some plants she likes! I don't have what she is looking for, oh well, it will all work out. SHE has a BUNCH I like hehe!
Hmmmmmm, oh no, Fran is thinking again!

Bunny, I wonder what other mayhem you caused while you were growing up! That is funny about your kids not letting you roast marshmellows, my kids got to the point they didn't want me using knives. I always get cut when I do, so if I needed a knife and asked them to go get me one they would bring me a butter knife!
I am the one that if it can happen to it will! I think you are the same way hehe.

Here is one of my if it can possible happen it will happen to me things:
I have a broom that had one of those plastic things on the top of the handle to hang it up with if you wanted to, well it was cracked and I was sweeping with it and moved it the wrong way, USUALLY I made sure the crack was to my palm. WELL THIS TIME I WASN'T THINKING as I was in a hurry. WELL! The crack splits open in a quick second and grabs my finger near where it attaches to the hand.
At this point it HURTS like all get out and I can not get enough grip on it with my other hand to either pull the plastic thing completely off or open the crack back up to get my finger out. Needless to say it HURT, and I am standing in the middle of the kitchen IN PAIN afraid to move because it was pinching the dickens out of my finger.
After a good mintue or two I decide I am going to have to go outside where the SO is to rescue me, so here I go OUTSIDE with a broom attached to my finger, as I am telling him I have the broom STUCK to me, he gives me this HOW THE HECK DID YOU DO THAT LOOK and the you are so pathic look sort of at the same time!
After he gets it off my finger and I can move again, I said DIDN'T I TELL YOU! IF it can happen it is GOING to happen to me!
OK, you can stop laughing now.....

WOOOOHOOOO, THANKS KATHY! I think you have paired me with a terrific gal!

:) Fran

o

Ok, have my swap partners name and some ideas. I just need the rain and snow to stop so I can start digging things up.

Debbya, any chance you can give me some clues as to hobbies or collections. :)

o

Oh, Mama Fran! LOL! I can picture that.... :O)
Yes, my kids are NEVER surprised when I pull something. And I usually pull a doozie at least 2 times a year.
Year before last, it was the "secret" swap- trying to mail a box without an address, because it was SECRET. UGH.
Postal lady still checks to make sure I've actually got an addy on my boxes. LOL

Oh, and last week....(this is embarrassing)....at church....I was nursing Lili, and....well....I flashed a few of the deacons. LOL At least they are understanding, and didn't call attention to it. But I can't look them in the face anymore....
I've also walked out of the nursery at church with my shirt tucked under my bra, exposing a good portion of skin.
Then, there's always the mail man.
He's been flashed a few times, too.
Plus the utility workers that came to fix the electricity.

I'm thinking maybe I should give up breastfeeding entirely.
But...on the bright side...at least it's keeping me humble!
ROFL!

o

Nichol (gardenmom2)..........

I am out of town and will be home later today...will email you tonight or tomorrow! Oh this will be fun!!!

Thanks much!

Annie

o

YAY! The List!!

(I was caught up in my own pot and pan clanging parade).

Have emailed Kamil - can't wait to get swappin'

~ Tracy

o

gee Bunny..we're partners...."innocent smile"....

o

Amelia and I are already communicating and this is the best part of any swap. I am very excited to meet someone new. Yeah!! diene

o

.....I don't like the way Linda's looking at me.....

*cowering behind Kat*

o

Yahoo! Thanks for the partner list! I'm so happy to have you Kathy - very appropriate for April don't ya think? If I had a nickel for everytime I've seen a plant, bulb, or seed and thought of you and your special gardens. This one's going to be a hoot! Off to do a bit of research... Nik

o

git'er Linda!

this is going to be SOOOOO much fun!

***putting hose away after putting out the bonfire***

off to do some research and send an e-mail to Iris...

o

I'm so glad everyone seems happy with their partners so far! I can't tell you how much I poured over that list!

I'm really excited to have Nikki, and yes, hon, it is rather appropriate! I believe it was April last year that I hosted and that was Nikki's very first Round Robin.. along with a few other of you- Wendy and Dan, I believe- not sure who else though :) Not to mention that Nikki and I share a lot of similar tastes in the gardens!

Nikki, email me and let's see what kinds of goodies I can find for you!

HUGS,
Kathy

o

"opening up Bunny's page and pouncing on it"..hmmmm....this could be interesting.....

o

Cindy send me your address please, my lil victim. my e-mail is veeja3@gmail.com
thankyou carol
Bunny dan just left for Ark, so he can get flashed, I think Linda and Mark may be with him, you should have known better than to tell them you were flashing these days

o

Hey Kathy darlin'.. do you happen to have an email addr for my partner? I can't seem to contact her and she doesn't have a THING on her trade page ! lol Should I guess? :P heheheheeeeeeeeee

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Emailed you, Wendy!

Newbies, take a look at some online catalogs, please, and try to add a few things, even if it's just a few wants. This can give your partner an idea of things you like and they can either help you help them in figuring out what to send you or can use what you've listed as a jumping point :)

And if you do not have your email available on your page, please email your partner so they have it!

I'm so excited! This is going to be a wonderful swap!!

Kathy

o

Kathy,

How cruel! You gave me a newbie! Oh, oh, oh... poor Joseph!!!!!! LOL!

Joseph, I tried to email you but your email link did not work on your member page. Can you check it so we can chat about our swap?

Oh, and Joseph, If you haven't figured it out yet, Dan and I share a warped sense of humor! I like to have fun.

LOL! Hope you find that one funny... I thought it was. Looking forward to chatting.

Mark

o

Hi everyone ! Hi Dan ! I sent you email ... okay , now I don't think I am technically a GW newbie anymore but still kinda sorta LOL , I can see that its going to be a LOT of fun ... I sure could use a brownie and some tea ... Linda, isn't that your specialty around here ?

PS that poor newbie gummy bear ...LOL Mark that is warped ... I'm not scared... but maybe Joseph should be ! LOL

~ Iris

o

Good One Mark LOL
Yep.. Funs Why were here right

I'll check into that link thing. I emailing you now.

Joseph

o

Iris, I got your e-mail this morning and respond tonight. I'll have more time to think then, and will be able to be a bit more coherent. Hopefully! LOL! Oh, and here's your brownie. I put in a little extra "oregano" for you since you're my partner this month. Linda, where's the tea? You didn't drink it all again, did you? Mark, can you run back to the still, uh, I mean, kitchen, and get another batch?
-Dan

Okay, time for a shameless plug y'all! Next month we're going to try something never done before here on the GW! Bump (my fearless feline for those of you who are new), will be hosting the May MNF swap! I'll be watching over his shoulder, helping him along, but he's going to be doing all the work while I watch...lol! He's got a lot of good ideas, and will be posting the sign-up thread in a couple of weeks, so be prepared! Here's a picture of our next host...
Bump

o

*snicker* Well Mark, I figured Joseph might as well get the initiation by fire! He seems like a great guy and like his sense of humor can stand up to yours! Hehe, but I really am sorry, Joseph! Mark is going to send you a PACKED box and there's absolutely NO telling what's going to be in there. I'd open it with gloves, and one of those extension poking rods and perhaps the SWAT team close at hand. I heard his last box made the mail carrier that delivered it nervous! So a tazer might not be a bad idea!

Is anyone else having difficulty with the links to the trade lists that I put up? I know Pat had difficulty because I forgot to include the numbers in Joan's ID. I want to make sure no one else is having problems :)

Kathy

o

"pulling out some freshly backed brownies, chocolate chip cookies (for Kamil)and putting on the tea kettle"...it's freak'n SNOWING!!! "grumbling and mumbling"..Joseph, do you have snow there? Stupid snow flakes....this had better be the "onion snow"..."kicking snowflakes"...

o

Uh-Oh. Should I hold off on live plants, Linda? Or should I send them wrapped in a down parka??

o
or.........maybe.....

Or I'm sure Martha Stewart has forseen this problem arising, and has some knitted plant cozies on her website.
Or at least the pattern.

Guess I should get busy.....

o

Nichol,

I just sent you an email via GW. Let me know if you do not receive! Look forward to hearing from you!

Annie

o

Just sent an email to my new partner :)

How's everyone doin' today? It's freakin' COLD here today... but supposed to be back up to 70 tomorrow... this weather is NUTS!

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Got the same weather we've got, huh Wendy? :O)

And Mark....WHY oh WHY couldn't you have used a GREEN gummy bear?? I don't know ANYONE that actually likes the green ones....LOL

o

I LOVE the Green ones!! But the 'clear' ones are my ultimate fave! :P

~Wendy

o

Hello all!

I think it was a green gummy bear! Thats blood your seeing, O NO, Im in Trouble! LOL

Yep it's snowing here linda. 49 wensday though. If it's gonna snow i want alot so i can go and push it around and make $

O and Kathy I will be holding you personally responsible for my safty! LOL Fire? You mean like marshmallow?
Just hope
Mark doesn't think I'm a chicken.
right bunny?

o

well Bunny, I guess we'll have to see what the weathers like by the mail date..there was about 2 inches and now it's gone and it's snowing again...I think it's just teasing me!

o

Yippee!!! I got a newbie for my next victim too, .. err, I mean partner! Pat (fairyoak), you're not set up where I can email you, so please contact me when you can. Need your address, likes, dislikes, etc, please.
Finally got internet set up at my house so I hope to keep in closer touch with everyone now.
Dan, Bump can count on me for his first hosting swap. Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Joan

o

Bump, just be careful when Dan is helping you pack for your swap partner...you know how he's all thumbs!

o

Wendy LIKES the green ones?? Eeewwww! LOL
My BF hated the green ones so bad, we used to tease her with them every chance we got. Once, we stuck them all over the back of her desk chair.
ICK.
She wouldn't sit in that thing for weeks.
Hmmmm. Maybe she was more disturbed than I thought! :O)

Yep, watch out, Joseph. I've never received a box from Mark....but every guy I've ever known with that name has been ornery as all get out. And so far, Mark is proving that theory!! LOL

Okie doke, Ms Linda.
I have your box ready, all except the plants. I can wait a bit longer to mail, if you'd like.
I'll find some bulbs to stash in there for you, if I can't mail you plants.

o

Annie, I rec'd your email. We are off to swim practice, homework and dinner. So it will prob. be during Idol when I email you back, but I will.

We had snow blowing around like crazy today. But supposed to get back tothe upper 50's tmorrow and 60 the rest of the week. I am hoping for some wind though for a couple days though to help dry out the garden. I need to plant potatoes and lots of other things but can't near it. I wonder if I poke holes with the fork if t would help dry it out some. OF course I can't even do that until Thursday at the earliest b/c it is almost a pond right now.

o

Joseph, when I got my box from Mark I had a HAZMAT team on standby, but even they got a bit nervous when they heard the ticking noise... I'd recommend having your life insurance policy available for your next of kin.....

o

Now look everyone, NO ONE HAS DIED (yet) from my boxes! Now, there have some mind altering experiences from the food items included....

Joe,.... I need to ask.... do you have any unwanted animals or friends???? I can supply the ingredients that will dispose (oops... sorry... dispel) the unwanted ones.

Mark

o

Kat, you've got email:)
I see our resident scientist is up to his old tricks again. Be nice Mark or I'll tell Bump on ya!
Bunny, I don't know how you do it - first one every time...
We are expecting another freeze here - AGGHH. I will have to wait a week or so to pack up. Now where are all those sheets.... Nik

o

Just a quick moment to drop in, Cliff has dinner ready. I just got off the phone a little while ago with the surgeon's office. They have a confirmed date for the surgery.

It will be May 26th. I check in at 6:30 am, surgery is at 8:30 am. It should take about 3 1/2 hours. I will have Cliff call Melissa to let her know how everything went and she can post here, if she's willing.

More info tomorrow, I' going to go eat and take some pills. I've been making arrangements with the children's father about the two youngest boys for during my recovery period.

I'll answer emails from those that have sent them today and be back on the board tomorrow. Nikki, I got yours and will respond tomorrow.

Just wanted to let all my family here know ASAP what's going on.

HUGS,

Kathy

o

Kathy that really is great news, I know you are worried about it but all will be fine. You have forgotten what it is like to have no pain. Just you wait until you are completely recovered!
Thanks for letting us know you have a date set for the surgery!

I would be sure to open the box from Mark with tongs for sure! You never know what might jump out at you!

Yeap, Nik, we are getting a freeze tonight too! It is posed to be down in the low 20s! UGH!!!!!!! NO FAIR I SAY!!! Where is SPRING, MARK! YOUR COUNTER IS WRONG! I think you or ma nature are off by a few days!

o

now people, Mark had sent me a very lovely box with some kickbutt brownies in them..and cookies...yummy...and the ticking stopped after it submerged the rest in water...

o

*pout*
I want some kickbutt brownies....
*pout*

Kat~ DUH. (lol!) You bet you can have Cliff call me, I'll be looking for it! Big prayers going out for you....Let me know if there's anything I can help with. :O)

We had a close call this morning. I was loading the girls up to go to Kmart, just to get out of the house (no boys this week, and we're lonely). But at the last minute, I decide "ya know...since we've all been sick, it probably isn't a GOOD thing to go expose everyone in the store to this junk...".
So I decide NOT to go.
Good thing, too, because the bank RIGHT IN FRONT of the Kmart I was going to had a bomb scare. Someone placed a box with a fake bomb in it at the front door of the bank. They had to evacuate everyone within so many blocks of the bank, and the ones inside the stores had to stay put, and then they had to detonate the "bomb" 6 times....just to make sure it wasn't real, and posed no threat. Took a few hours to do all that.

So it was a good thing I didn't go. I can't imagine being held hostage inside the Kmart for hours with 3 girls under 5.
ACK!

o

Not unless there were lots of plants, seeds, etc. to look at Melissa. Then you could have spent some time in Kmrt. Just kidding. I can not imagine who would do something like that. Thank God you decided (or were led by our heavenly father) not to go nd thank goodness you listened and kept the girls home. Give them kisses for me and if you are still bored, go run arond the house LOL. Tht is what I tell my kids when they are bored. They don't tend to tell me they are bored to much. (kidding again)

Glad you are all safe.

Nichol

o

Boy Kathy, the wait is the hardest part. I do not understand why they make people wait so long especially when there is pain involved. I hope the time flies by and the operation is one of the quickest and most successful for your doctor. You have my prayers. And you know what they say about the prayers of a sinner...
diene

o

Hi everyone,
I woke up this morning to snow on the ground. Ugh;( I hope it doesn't ruin the buds on my flowering trees. I'm ready for the warm weather. Can I get a second on that???

o

Amen to that! It's actually supposed to get to 70 degrees here today, but we've had heavy freezes the past 2 nights. Mother Nature teases us a bit, then Old Man Winter just keeps coming back. I know we're all ready for spring.

Joan

o

snow on the ground here too! I"m going to be checking my containers after bit to make sure they're still oksy..

o

Hello everyone, ( veeja11)

You have mail.
Cindy

o

Oh, I am definitely ready for spring here. We have had hard freezes all week. Extended forecast is looking good for the moment and both highs and lows are looking good. I think I'm going to try to direct sow several warm season veggies as well as set out my transplants today.

I've also got to finish getting some seeds together for a couple small trades as well as my young partner in the Adopt a Newbie swap and get those into today's mail. I'm also working through Nikki's list to see what goodies I can find her :) I have a couple things ordered to share, but I never figure a box is ready to go until it's stuffed as full as I can get it!

I agree Diene, it's rough asking someone in a lot of pain to wait longer. But I saw how busy this man's office was! Not to mention this week he's in France teaching neurosurgeons there how to do the surgery he will be preforming on me. How's that for reassurance that he knows what he's about with this? :P

So, the surgery for my spine is set. The reduction surgery I will find out more about on Friday when i see the plastic surgeon.

My two youngest boys, Vincent age 12 and Devin age 9, will be going to visit with their father for a month following my surgery to allow me some time to heal and recover. I'm not going to be able to do ANYTHING for that month and we figured that it would be best if they could visit with their father then. Surprisingly, their father agreed. Something he has never done before, even after I told him he would have to meet us halfway for drop off and pick up, and that I would not be able to send money or food for their care while they were there. He found out several years ago that he still has to pay child support, even if he has them the whole month, because child support helps maintain their primary residence. And that he still has to take care of their food and care while they are with him. So, he's chosen not to take any of them for more than a few days a year before now. And yes, this means I've not had a break either. LOL, we're not going to get into all of my issues with their father and his lack of assistance. But, he also knows how bad this spine problem is... we were dating when we had the wreck that was the catalyst for it. So, he knows what I went through that first year and afterwards learning to live with the pain.

So, they will be going to visit with him, so now I need to figure out what all kinds of paperwork I need to send with them for him to see to their health and well being while they are there. Cliff and I take care of their health and medical insurance, but I'm not sure if I should send the policy info or not. I'm thinking that I might need to send a medical power of attorney.. I have full custody. Any suggestions? Anyone else who has dealt with out of state visitation?

LOL, the ironic part is that I've not had a break as being a 27/7 parent for over 8 years, and now that I'm getting a month, Cliff and I won't be able to do anything with it!

Not to mention, the surgery is two days after our first wedding anniversary.

I'm going to get to those emails now and then get the seed packets together that I have going out, then see if I can get some veggies going in my wonderful raised beds!

Kathy

o

Kat~ I have a friend that is a legal assistant- she JUST deals with child custody laws. The no brainers are first (emergency numbers, addresses (not just yours, also give some of others that can be reached in case you can't) medical issues- if any...just basic stuff you would give if you were sending them to school).
The basics you should be worried about are to have a written agreement of how long the kids are going to be in his care (when they'll be dropped off, when you want them back- down to the time & place of meeting, don't leave any wiggle room) ESPECIALLY if they're going out of state, or close....if they're left for an unspecified period of time, the powers that be can claim you've abandoned them. (I don't know if you have to worry about your ex being that vindictive, but you never know...and sometimes the state steps in WITHOUT the parents doing anything).
Another MUST is to have a 3rd party present when you drop off your children. Have them witness you giving all this info to your ex, and THEN have him sign 2 copies of the written "visitation" agreement. One for him, one for you. This way, he can't claim he never saw it, and he also can't use the abandonment excuse (or the "she can't take care of them because of medical issues" excuse).
Next, send copies of all their insurance documents- NOT the originals, with a written permit to give medical care in case of emergency.

Another thing that SOUNDS weird and like over kill, but honestly isn't....make sure you have ALL your ex's information- home address, work address, phone numbers, his wife's parent's addy & #...everything you can think of.

Trust me, I've heard enough things to make even the most calm parent freak out & worry.
Which I won't share here, because they honestly ARE bad.

Anyway, that's the basic stuff. If you want more information, email me & I can get answers for you. :O)

o

Kathy Bunny is right about all she just said, if possilbe video tape the drop off so you can have recorded proof you are allowing him a month of 'Visitation'.
All he has to do is have the children with him to go to an attorny to get temp custody of them.
IF you have all the documents stating this is temp visitation then even if he tries to pull something he will not win. I like Bunny do not know how he is or if he would even think about doing something like that. BUT you never know. Sometimes when kids get old enough to care for themsevles that is when people strike.
So cover your hinny and email Bunny with specifics AND TALK TO YOUR LAWYER before the kids go so you will have legal proof this is about to take place and see how much they would charge to have the neccessary papers drawn up.
I am not trying to scare you either but just trying to help you cover yourself and the kids from a bad situation. You never know what peoples intentions are so better to cover yourself then risk it right?

o

Thanks for the advice! I'd not thought about some of those!

Wow! It's really quiet around here! Did everyone else get a really nice day and a wonderful extended forecast too? I got to play in the dirt yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my veggie seedlings into the new veggie beds and planting seed for those that don't like being transplanted, but I was playing in the dirt! It felt wonderful!!!!!! I got a little sunburned, but it was soooooo worth it! I had kept holding off planting out my seedlings that I started indoors, even though we've had a couple of nice weeks, because I wasn't 'feeling' it, ya know? But yesterday I wasn't the only one in Oklahoma finally 'feeling' it. Several other Oklahoma GW'ers were of the same mind.

I'm a little sore today, but even without the back issues, I'm always a little sore after the first day of planting. This is more those muscles that got winter lazy than my actual back issues causing this soreness. But it was worth it to be able to play in the dirt! Especially after I took my first cup of coffee out to the beds with me to check and see how much transplant shock I'm looking at. Most of those seedlings were med to large nursery sized, so there's going to be some shock, even with hardening off and preparing them. But, it was a minimum, I may lost two tomato plants, but we'll see after some babying the next few days.

So, what was everyone else up to yesterday? What's up today?

Kathy

o

the sun's out today and the snaow from the past two days has all melted. Hopefully iy was the "onion snow". I put out some hummingbuird feeders because they should be coming back around now. Checked my wsing containers ans have sprouts coming up in alot of them. Guess I should actually build that veggie bed now, huh?.."G"

o

Nice and sunny here today. Can't wait to get out and play in the dirt. I am going to try to transplant some lettuce that I have growing in egg cartons in my laundry room. (I've never planted lettuce before, so I hope it goes well).
They just look awfully tender to put outside in the ground? But I guess they have to go sooner or later.

Haven't heard from my swap partner yet. But I'm trying to be patient, the list hasn't been up that long. :o)
Just excited to get started on Kamil's box.

o

Hey, Wendy!
This one's for YOU! :O)

(you're welcome!)

Here is a link that might be useful: GUMMY BEAR SONG!

o

Hey Kathy... unless I'm seein' double (and that's entirely possible..) I see tootsiepop and maryataylor up there on the partner list twice. ? I haven't heard from my partner yet by the way so I was just browsing the posts to see when she'd last posted and noticed both of those people on the list up there ^ twice. Just thought I'd mention it :P

Bunny I don't have speakers so nyah nyah! :P

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Oh, PHHTTTTPPPP!!!
Guess you'll just have to live with what your imagination tells you then, Wendy! :P

o

LOL, Wendy! They are up there twice! I can't believe that I missed that!! They do NOT send to each other, they send to you and Monica. Sorry about that!

Okay, give me a sound off please... whom has heard from their partners? Nikki and I have been in touch. I'm waiting for her to email me back again.

Linda, I hate to ask, because we shouldn't have to, but could you please contact Kamil and let him know his partner is trying to reach him? Every time I try to email him I don't get an answer. We need him to contact Tracy.

If there's not communication soon between partners, I may make other arrangements. I want those who really want to be in this swap to have fun, and it's no fun when you get stonewalled by your partner. The list has only been up for four days. Mailouts are due by the 20th, so we're 10 days from that deadline. Let's give partners through the weekend to be in contact, then if there are still a large number that have not been in contact, I'll do a quick reshuffle among those who have not been able to contact a partner. Hopefully that will still give everyone time to mail, and if we do that, I'll extend the mailing deadline a little. I just do not want us running over into Bump and Dan's swap too much :)

So, please, give me a sound off of who has and has not heard from their partner and after the weekend, I'll see what we should do.

On a separate note, I see the plastic surgeon today at 9:30, so we'll see what they have to say and where we need to go with that part of things today.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Kathy

o

Hello Kathy;
I have been in touch with my partner, Amelia and I believe we are all set. How exciting to not be part of the problem in a swap!! Happy Easter to all.
diene

o

yepper Kathy, will do..."getting out carrier pigeon"....

o

Hello all! Happy Good Friday!

I have been intouch with Mark. I got an email from kamil yesterday about the newbie swap so he's been online.

Have a great day
Joseph

o

*wiping carrier pigeon poo-doo off my forehead*

Yep...Linda found me. :O)
I hear she's having some cold weather....better get my messenger sent out ASAP...

St. Bernard Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Denise and I have been in touch - though she's much better about emailing than I am. I just got home from my travels, so I'm off to find goodies this weekend.

~CA

o

Good Morning,

I have not heard from Nichol yet...sent her another email last night.

Happy Friday!!

Annie

o

hay! Mrs. Bunny

Those green gummy bears may not be good for eating, but boy can they sing! LOL

Joseph

o

I tried to contact my partner but it didn't go through from my email address I will try it from GW and see if I get a reply.
I haven't heard from her as of yet I thought I would give her time to contact me and she hasn't. I hope it goes through from here.

o

Linda's box will be flying this afternoon- I'll have a DC# in hand when I return.
Off to do yet MORE errands!
Yippee!

o

mailing boxes already? You're making me feel WAAAY behind!

o

Okay, I braved the freezing cold temps, ever-so-cold, but gently falling rain, 3 grumpy & sugar buzzed girls...while wearing my fashion-plate sweatpants & flannel shirt...stained with much easter egg dye....
All to mail Linda's box.
Gosh, I hope she likes it.
And if she doesn't, she'd better pretend. :P

Oh, and I even remembered to get a DC #: 0308 1400 0000 7309 4816

Now, I'm off to finish Adora's birthday cake....And peel the girls off the ceiling. LOL

o

Bunny, is fast like a BUNNY! LOL, she is always showing us up. One of these days I am gonna be before her! Umm, well MAYBE LOL...

Wow, it is rainy and stormy outside. We keep getting these Thunderboomers. Can't get out and do anything it is too wet!
Nothing going on on here either, wow....I guess I should pull out some seeds and get them ready to plant!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I might get to go shop for some plants!!! YEA!!!

o

Iris and I have been in contact with one another.....

o

I will defintaly like your box Bunny.."using clorox stain stick on your fashionably splattered flannel shirt"....I"m still working on yours...found something else for it yesterday.."innocent smile"...

o

Joe and I have exchanged addresses and he said his is coming soon. I need to finish with his in the science lab. It escaped twice before I could finish with the experiment....

Oh, I wasn't supposed to say that... sorry.
Mad Scientist

o

Mama Fran~ I have a "secret formula" for success. I'll share it with you....

energizer bunny Pictures, Images and Photos

And THAT is how I get through my day. :O)

o

mailing boxes already? You're making me feel WAAAY behind!

o
oops

I don't know why it just posted a repeat of my earlier post....sorry.

o

Hello everyone,
me and my partner veeja11 have exchanged e-mails.

thanks

o

Kathy, prayers are with you, big hugs too, bunny you forgot to add the one thing we all know you do a lot of. children are proof. Cindy and I are communicating. my box is getting packed. Happy Easter carol

o

I'm a little late checking in. As Diene said, we are communicating.

Spent the day looking at plants with a friend. Picked up some things for me and a couple of items for the swap.

Can anyone tell me how Bunny manages to get a package out so quickly? It's just not natural.

o

Our Hazelnutbunny is related to the Easter Bunny, 2nd cousin or something like that, and she uses his distribution network. It pays to have connections...

Working on my box for Iris...

o

I guess I forgot to post yesterday that I sent Amelia's box yesterday. The weather was gorgeous and I was able to dig a bunch of stuff. Of course that did not leave room for much else in the box and I forgot to put in the bulbs I wanted so I need to send another package but I did get some plants out. I forgot to dig one of the daylilies I wanted to send so I may get that in the next box.
I have a DC somewhere, I will post it when I find it. By the way, has anyone noticed that when you do postage on line they do not show both of the small boxes. Are they doing away with one of them? Dan?
diene

o

Nichol,

I received your email...will email you back today! Let me know if you do not receive.

Happy Easter to all!

Annie

o

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

I hope the Easter Bunny brings you all nice weather. We do not get much snow where I live, but we did get an inch of hail yesterday.

Kamil and I have been in touch. Looking forward to getting a nice box of 'goodies' together.

~ Tracy

o

oh good, I guess the carrier pigeon got Kamil.."L"

o

Hi guys!!!

I'm away for a few days and I almost missed the party you guys have going here.....

I sent my partner tootsiepop254 (tonya) and email through GW so I hope she gets it.

Kathy, I wish you the best in the world with your surgery. I hope your pain will meet it's end with this surgery!!

Just wanted to wave 'HI' to everyone!!!

Monica

o

Photobucket

o

Dan...that just ain't right. My poor cousin...no WONDER he didn't show up for the family reunion this year!

Well, I spoke with his replacement (my 3rd cousin Emil), and he says he's stopping by your house with a special gift, Dan!

Easter Funny Pictures, Images and Photos

o

funny, but gross, but then it IS funny, but it's so gross too!

and now we know why I only buy Jelly Belly Jelly Beans!

lmsao

o

lol... and I just happen to be eating some jelly belly jelly beans right now ... glad I didn't go for the chocolate before reading that lol ...

o

Hi all! Just a really quick note since I've not been around. Thanks to those that have kept the thread rolling, first of all!

Appointment with the second surgeon for the second, related surgery didn't go very well. This guy was a total jerk, would not answer our questions, seemed to have more important things to do, etc. So, we'll be looking for someone else to consult with about that surgery after the spinal surgery and I have some healing time for that.

On the "heard from list" I'll go over all the posts Monday and see if we need to do some re-pairing :)

Heavy thunder storms here with LOTs of lightening, so I'm going to get off the PC.

HAPPY EASTER to you all!!!!!! I wish you blessings, love, and lots of goodies from the Easter Bunny!

Kathy

o

Happy Easter everyone;
I need to post the DC for Amelia's box even though I did not follow any of the rules!! I am not really good with theme things I just like to share plants.
I will try to make that up when I send the bulbs I forgot to pack.
diene

o

Hope everyone is enjoying their Easter Sunday...

HAPPY EASTER everyone!

Kathy that sucks, doctors nowadays for the most part act superior to everyone else. It is funny when you think about it. We are the ones they went to school to 'treat' and take care of, without patients they are nothing and then they act like that?! Amazing, you don't treat patients like that, I like you if I get that treatment from a doctor I will not go back to them either, I bet a lot of other people do it as well! Anywho, hope it all goes well for you.

AGAIN HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

o

Diene - I don't mind. I just need plants. My H says I've gone a little overboard. I just have that empty 2 acres in the back. And, then there's the open space on the south side of the house. I keep telling him I want to eliminate mowing. (I don't mention the weeding when we have this discussion.)

I won't be getting your package out until the 17th or 20th. Need to finish my annual report to Uncle Sam!

o

No problem Amelia, the temperature today is 40 and it was 31 when I woke up so anything from your part of the world would curl up and die if it was left to the elements. We reported along time ago because Uncle Sam owed us. I would be in the same shape if it were different and I remember going to the PO that was open late in previous years.
Sorry you are still struggling with that.
diene

o

Happy Easter and Happy New Year for the Buddhist members!

In the true Case family, I went to bed last night with my three sons in the house. I woke up this morning with 7 boys in the house!!!!! Several friends of my sons crashed here last night. So, I went out and hid the eggs and made even the teen aged one go look. LOL! What a rush. Took them all to church and came home and getting Easter dinner together.

My oldest two went to Wally world and dived in the clearance rack and brought me a ton of flower bulbs! They forget, if I can't eat it, it is nice, but not what I mainly do. Guess who put them to work! Yea, they went outside and planted for me.

Time to get back to the kitchen. Again, Happy Easter!

Mark

o

So, from what I can tell, everyone is in contact, except perhaps the following:

Monica (mommyto2)and Tonya (tootsiepop254)
Wendy (sassybutterfly_2008) and Mary (maryataylor_2008)

I know that Monica, Fran, and Wendy have all sent at least one email to their partner. Has anyone else? Has anyone seen the others posting elsewhere? My time on the computer has been very limited lately, so I'm not keeping up with the several forums that I usually do.

I'm trying to get an accurate picture of how many folks we're talking about here, and I'm going to email the ones we've not heard from this afternoon. If we don't hear something from them by, say... Friday, I'll re-pair everyone who still wants in and will extend the mailing deadline. How's that sound?

Diene, great job getting that box off so fast! Gotta take advantage when you can get nice weather at this unpredictable time of year!!! And as long as you and your partner are happy with the box, no one else will have a problem! Personally, I'm always happy to get a box full of plants, even if there's no 'stuff' aside from them! Big boxes of plants make for a VERY tickled Kathy!So, if you upgraded all the 'stuff' for plants, I don't know of a single gardener that would complain! And yes, I consider plants, bulbs, tubers, seeds, etc as a BIG upgrade!! The gardens that I can imagine you having and from what I've seen posted about your boxes in the past, I am hoping that in some swap we'll be partnered, though i doubt my box would measure up to yours!

Amelia, you are in for a real treat!

Sounds so far like everyone had a wonderful Easter! We did too. Took the kids and went to Cliff's Mom's for Easter dinner. She is wonderful, always has a basket for even Cliff and I and she made an amazing meal, only asked us to bring my potato salad, which she and Cliff's stepfather like a lot. We enjoyed visiting and the kids did an indoor Easter egg hunt.

Came home and spent some more time with my oldest son, my second having gone to spend the day with his girlfriend's grandparents. He came by earlier in the morning and spent some time with us and picked up his and Sarah's Easter baskets. Then texted me later to let me know that she cried when she saw the basket with her name on it :) She's a sweetheart and they are 'unofficially' engaged... in Louisiana, we called it promised- they have exchanged a small, modest engraved set of rings. She is a very welcome addition to our family, but they are waiting to become officially engaged until they both get to their senior year in collage. Sarah's graduation from high school is the evening of the day I have my surgery, and we're making sure there are several video cameras there so that Cliff and I can see it, even after the fact. It breaks my heart that we won't be able to be there. In the last year and a half, she has become one of our children :) She understands, but I'm very disappointed.

So, everyone let me know from the list above who has emailed, who still hasn't heard anything and this afternoon/evening or perhaps as late as tomorrow morning, I'll email those involved.

Still raining and chilly here, so I'm going to curl up with some seed cats, a book and a heating pad, but will try to check in again later.

Have a great day!!!!

Kathy

o

Kathy, please forgive me. For I have goobered.

Confession #1:
I forgot to put the bulbs that I SPECIFICALLY BOUGHT FOR THIS SWAP into Linda's box. D'OH! I will send them out later, because they are REALLY perty & I REALLY wanted to share.
Confession #2:
I feel very bad, because I didn't send plants in my box to Linda. I WANTED to, but since she's had snow and lots of cold weather this past week, I was thinking it might be better to wait. But she did get an "i.o.u." in her box, so she can pick out some plants for me to send her later on, when it's warm enough up north!
Confession #3:
The kiddos helped pack the rest of her box, though....so they're to blame for EVERYTHING else. Except one thing. I chose that. So I hope she likes it. :O)
Confession#4:
I went off my diet this weekend. I ate an entire box of Milano cookies, 5 huge pieces of birthday cake, one hamburger, a handful of chips, 4 Cadbury eggs, 3 Starburst candies, 4 Tootsie rolls, a bowl of potato salad....BUT NOT ONE JELLY BEAN! Yay for small victories!

*bowing head in shame*

Am I forgiven, Kat?

o

*snicker* Well.... I was considering a lashing with a wet noodle, but Dan might get too much of a kick outta that.

I know you and Linda will work out your boxes and you will both be thrilled with them, so I'm not concerned about that.

The diet... hehe.. well, I'm on one too and I went off of mine as well because the Easter Bunny brought me popcorn eggs, Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, and Sweet Tart chews, all of those are favorite candies, along with LOTS of dark chocolate in various forms, then MIL made ribs AND ham for Easter dinner along with a sinful spinach dip for the veggies and deviled eggs along with the pot roast and potatoes that I made for dinner Saturday and couldn't resist a second serving of potatoes, as well as the potato salad that I made for Easter dinner (I make a killer potato salad and don't have to say so myself, everyone else does that for me!)

So, we can forgive each other for the weekend follies, forget it happened and strictly stick to our diets. LOL, I had more chocolate and "whites" than I should have had in a month!

So, I'm making a VERY lean homemade meatloaf tonight with lots of fresh bell peppers, shredded carrots, and other veggies for a wonderful flavor and boiled rutabagas mashed with just a teeny bit of butter instead of potatoes and a nice mixed greens salad with no dressing for me but a little lemon, cracked black pepper and small sprinkle of sea salt to toss with it. The others can add dressing of they want, but I've become rather fond of the mix I toss with the greens.

*smooch* so if you forgive me, I'll forgive you and we'll consider confession good for the waistline as well as the soul :)

Kathy

o

WOW KATHY, you just made me HUNGRY with what you are having for dinner! That sounds so delicious! ALL of it, I wanna come for dinner!
It is too bad you will miss your future DIL graduation, but it is something you HAVE to do and she would want you better as much as all of us do, AND having it on video allows you to be there over and over again if you choose. I know it isn't the same but at least with recording it you are not missing it altogether.

BUNNY, your a NUT...you are so funny, the confession of all your sins were just too funny. NOW, in order for the rest of us to forgive you, you must run around the house 4 times chanting "I shall not break again" over and over until you are finished running around the house. Well, that will be for the junk you had.
Linda can tell you if she will forgive you on the box contents LOL. I am sure whatever is included she will adore. I have not see one box of urs that you have sent that I wouldn't have wanted!

Anyone else need to bare their soul over the Easter Meal? I had beefstew with stewbeef, carrots, and potatoes so I think I am ok. We didn't even get ANY Easter Candy....so I am ok with that on my "diet".

Yes, Dan would get too much of a thrill out of a wet noodle lashing. I can just see him now "Master, can I boil the noodles for you? Ehhh? You know how I like boiling the noodles in the dungeons, makes all the peoples in the holes cry because they're hungry Master....please Master can I?"
All the while rubbing his hands together. Imgine lol...and Mark would be there right behind him, HEHE.

:0 Fran

o

UH-OH!! You mean Easter candy is NOT calorie free!? (Think I'm in big trouble then).

o

Bunny,
First of all, I ate TWO BAGS of jelly beans so that should take care of any feeling guilty about anything you ate..."G" (we won't mention my sister's fudge or the brownies)
Second of all: I thought the I.O.U. was really cute and quite practical since I can't plant too much yet, so if you have bulbs you want to send, you can send them with the plants.
third of all: the pig...I couldn't stop laughing..more on that when I do the box contents
four: when I forced my family to eat what the kids sent...you should've seen their face.."still snickering"

Soooo..I was thrilled with what you sent and I'll post it in a separate email...((HUG))

o
Bunny's Box Contents!

My mailman banged on my door this morning and I thought.."gee, wonder what's here"...and there was Bunny's box! It was stuffed full of all kinds of cool stuff:

Bunny Bubbles (these look like a bunny peep and have bubbles in them...I immediately started blowing them)
"When pigs fly" now you have to picture this..it's a pink polka dotted metal pig with wings. It's attached to a spring and when you hang it, it bounces up and down which makes the pig look likes it's flying..I laughed and laughed at this one!
furry mice for my cats...they were trying to get to them through the paper. Needless to say, I now have cats running around with furry mice in their faces! They send their thanks!
a mug with a cat on it with the saying" Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs should get used to the idea" (my husband agreed.."L") It had different types of Chai tea inside the cup and the box it came in. I washed it out and used it for my morning tea!
a mini stationary set..it's really cute. It has paper, pen stapler,tape and it's really tiny!
wax melts: Mai Tai, lemon merangue, and white zinfandel..yummy!
Oscar Meyer bread bag clips..I have never seen these before (how did you know that unfastened bread is a pet peeve?)
body lotion coconut (smells like the beach)
Fruit nugget gum-tastes like orange and strawberry
Dk chocolate and peppermint lip balm (I had thought about eating it..it smells really good!)
sugar cookies lip balm..another one of my favorite scents
smiley stickers (might stick one on my grouchy daughter's face.."G")
a "for after late night parties": a sleep mask (I really do use these) Burt's Bees day cream, burt's bees calming candle and facial cleanser, super energy boosters ('nough said!)
Bubble playset for the kid in me..as I said, I love to blow bubbles!
Hershey's favorite recipes cookbook..(need I say more??)
seeds: white swan coneflower
old fashioned lilac
eggplant Ghostbuster White
Rhubard
gladiola bulbs
an IOU for three plants when I can plant
and finally:
Kitty Krispies..this looks like cat poop in the litter box..ROTF! It's made out of grape nuts and rice krispies cereals and it's just what it looks like! Jeff reached right in and ate one but Sara had to be convinced. I had fun with that...and it's really good too!

Soooo Miss Bunny...I was very happy with my box and I'm working on yours. Please tell your kids that the cat poop was a big hit..."G"

o

Yay, I'm glad everything got there fine! I was worried about the cup- I didn't have enough bubble wrap to cover it entirely. The girls picked that out...along with the mice, stickers & gum, and the bubbles, cookbook & bread clips were from the boys.

Funny thing about the cat poop: The girls and I made that Friday morning, right before sending your box out. Of course, you can't make a SMALL batch of poop- we had a 13x9" pan full. So the girls were eating the left overs all day.
LOL It was Adora's birthday, so while we were running errands and mailing your box, she was telling everyone about it. They'd ask if she was having a good birthday, and she'd say "Yep! I eat cat poop!"

You should've SEEN the looks I got.
Gosh, I guess you can't let your kids eat cat poop anymore.
What's the world coming to??

o

Hay! MARK

Did you get The box I sent??? DID ya DID ya!!!

hee heehee snicker! LOL

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAYBE YOU'D ENJOY this one more DC# 03082040000056379465
I hope I go ya!! still laughing!!

Joseph ;)

o

Kathy, your meal does sound wonderful. I have always wanted to do rutabagas but my family would never even try it.

Oh and I do have a confession. I too broke my rules this weekend. No one knows here that I am a life time member of Weight Watchers, (since February). I started January of 08 and in the year, dropped 48 pounds. We attend meetings every month even though we really have to weigh in the first Monday of each month so I lucked out. My husband and I (he has lost the same) opted out of going tonight. I am blaming the salt in the ham. :) I have three weeks to work it off.

Kathy, Deb and I have had several traded emails so we are good. I am planning to get in the garden Thursday to get some goodies to put in her box. I was hoping to get it done this past week but ended up having an overnighter at the local hospital and then tests following during the week. One of those medical surprises you really don't want but have no choice. Grrrrrr

o

So, that leaves us with the following that I've not heard have had contact, or I know that one or the pair has not heard from their partner:

Wendy (sassybutterfly_2008) and Mary (maryataylor_2008)

I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning to start emailing those who still haven't let me know. That way everyone will have this evening to be able to see that I need to to.

Excellent box, Melissa! Sounds like lots of wonderful things in there for Linda to have lots of fun with!

So, as far as boxes moving we have:
Melissa (hazelnutbunny)Sent and Linda (lindaruzicka) Received
Tracy (joy_unspeakableand Kamil (kamiljablo)
Wendy(sassy butterfly_2008)and Mary (maryataylor_2008)
Tonya(tootsiepop254)and Mary (maryataylor_2008)
Mark (markcase1964)and Joseph(jdkind) Sent
Diene (diene)Sent and Amelia (amelia_pepper_lady)

Margo, thanks for letting me know that you and Deb are on track! I hope you're feeling better and it wasn't anything serious!

Gonna go and finish up dinner and I'll check back tomorrow morning and then get to emailing folks.

o

Kathy ~ My partner never responded and so I'd like to just forego this month's swap. It actually works out fine cuz I've had one heck of a LONGGGGGG weekend... migraines, KIDNEY stones (which are still traveling..*whimper) and $$ issues have come about so dropping out is actually a blessing at this point.. Also I'm pretty sure my cable/internet will be cut off in the next couple of days cuz we had dr bills to pay instead of that lil luxury... Sooo I'll check in when I can get to someone else's computer and/or the library.

Hugs!
Wendy

o

I received Joseph's April Fool's swap today. He sent me several packs of seeds from Walmart... I guess the real swap box is coming soon.

Thanks for the smile Joe

Mark

o

That's fine, Wendy. I know how it is when things get tight! Hope things get better and you start feeling better soon!

So, I need to contact:

I know Fran has sent emails to Carrie, but I'll try as well.

What kind of seeds, Mark? I'm sure Joseph has a great box planned to go along with the seeds :)

I'll get these folks emailed and we'll see just who is still in. Though Fran and Joan are really the only two that I'm sure will still participate, I'll give the others 24 hours to contact me, then I'll probably just pair up Joan and Fran...

I'm CCing a couple of our experienced members so they have a copy of the email I'm sending.

Kathy

o

Hi Guys!!!

Sorry I've been MIA.....I was kidnapped by my garden :p

I'm still in Kathy. I just haven't heard from Tonya yet. Sent her an email last Tuesday but no answer yet. Will try again.

It's been fun reading all the diet 'sins' on Easter. That's why I don't follow diets.....I can't say no to good food :0)

Linda, that's a great box you got there. Please show us pictures of the pig.

See you guys later........back out to the garden I go.....

Monica

o
RE: update: mnf: april's fool 2 - partner list!! Contact update

Alright, off the go, I've had the email to Carrie (barefoot_contessa) and Pat (fairyoak) both came back as undeliverable. Both said the accounts had been suspended- their emails, I had no problem with their GW pages. On the other hand, there may be some issues with GW again because it told me that Joan didn't exist. Monica just posted above, so what I will likely do, depending on who I hear back from by tomorrow morning, is I may just pair Fran and Monica and we'll leave it at that.

More later as I hear, or not, from everyone else.

Kathy

o

Kat~ Carrie's partner from the Newbie swap hasn't heard from her, either. And I know she's been trying for quite awhile now.

I thought I'd share a picture of my bunch from Easter morning. Of course, I'm not in the picture, since I was taking it...but if you look at the kid on the far left, I've been told he looks just like me. LOL Just give him hair down to his butt, and we may pass for twins. :O)

Photobucket

o

Kathy,
I sent you a private email begging forgiveness. The story goes like this. I paid over $200.00 to have wireless internet installed last week at my house. (Not counting the monthly bill.) It worked ONE DAY and just died. When I called for a repairman, they said it would be 2 WEEKS before one was available to come out!
Sooooooo, I'm back to making an appointment at the library and driving 25 minutes one way. Pooh!!!!
I emailed Pat (fairyoak)and explained my situation.
I truly don't want to be dropped out of this swap. :( I was really looking forward to it!
Hope you'll all accept my apologies and be patient with me.
It will be Thursday before I can check back in but I'm going to proceed forward with Pat's box and send it out then.

Thanks,

Joan

o

No, I didnn't fall off the face of the earth, I just had too many brownies and tea! ;-)

I am back! ncgardengirl! Glad to have you as my partner! I haven't checked my e-mail yet, going to go do that right now!

Happy Spring!
Carrie

o

Ya'll will not believe what my dumb hinny did YESTERDAY!
I went out in the woods and found a maple tree I wanted to plant in the yard.
So I dug it up, come back told the SO I wanted to plant it and asked for his input as to where. WELL I didn't LIKE his choice because he KNEW the flower bed was going there! So I said how about HERE? He said ok, well I proceed to dig the hole and hit GRAVEL, OPPS that is the waterline! Can't place it there!
So I move over about 3 or 4 ft and stick the shovel in the ground, and wiggle out a clump of dirt, then out with more dirt again THIS time there is a cable line in the dirt....hmmmm, that's weird I think because CABLE doesn't bury the line and doesn't come to the house here! Oh well, must be something else.
So, I am trying to make the hole big enough to fit the tree root in and he decided to do another slice and now cuts a 1 foot section out of the cable and proceeds to say hey, that might be the phone line....I said NO, NOT a CABLE line, you think? He said yeah, that is what they use...I said nah, I don't think it was the phone line (and internet too!) so after about 30 minutes after we planted the tree my curiosity got the better of me and I came in the house to check the internet, and sure enough no connection so I pick up the phone to confirm that it truly is dead and yes it was.
So we went to the store to call them and they said they would be out today to trouble shoot, well THAT wasn't necessary I KNEW what the trouble was!
So when the guy comes today, he said is your phone not working? I said NOPE SURE NOT, wanna know WHY? He said Sure, I said OK, see that tree there? He said yes,...I said well THAT is why HEHE.
He said you cut the line? I said yeap, want me to show you were it is? He said is it still sticking out of the ground? I said NOPE, it got chopped off...so I showed him exactly where the two halves were and within 30 minutes he had it spliced and reconnected....and I was back in contact with my world! You KNOW that is GW right?

See Bunny, I do it too! BUT when I do it I do it BIG! lol.

o

Well Fran, at least you cut your own line! LOL! Last summer when I was tilling the yard, I cut not my cable line, but the neighbor's! It only took a few moments until they were out in the yard, wondering what had happened. Luckily, he was once a repairman for the cable company and still had the stuff to fix it. Can you say.... OOOPS???

okay, time for a bit of a shameless plug y'all! Since Bump is going to be hosting the May MNF Swap, I thought I'd host the Blue Seed Swap. So, if you've got some blue seeds, or seeds for something with blue in it, then come on over and share in the fun! We've already got some MNFers in the group, so I thought I'd pop over and invite everyone here to jump in! I've got the link listed below...
-Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: The Blue Seed Swap

o

DIENE!!!!

Who told you about me and wine??????

Hi, everyone. Just kicked my H off the computer for a minute to let you know I received my box from Diene. It is fabulous.

I don't have time to list the contents now. I'll try to make a list tomorrow and post.

The old wine-o,
Amelia

o

Sorry, Dan....the only blue seeds I have are morning glories, and I really doubt anyone would appreciate those. :O) I don't have to tell you what happened to all my other seeds, because I'm pretty sure I told the story during the last swap. LOL

But on the bright side....I have TONS of columbine going nuts in my flower bed now.

Ah, children. Aren't they cute?? :P

o

Looks like Carrie and Fran are set as well as Joan and Pat- Joan, if you have any problems getting back in touch with Pat, let me know in the next couple days and I'll see what we need to do. We're just going to drop Jamie and Kim, since neither bothered to email me back. So, depending on whether Monica and Joan hear back from their partners quickly, I'll either pair them together or I'll take them as a partner should only one of them not hear from their partner. One of my Newbies in the Adopt a Newbie swap was dropped because she never contacted me, so I think the budget can handle another box for this swap. So, we'll give until Thursday/Friday for them to get back in touch with their assigned partners. If they get with their partners, I'll leave the deadline for mailing as it was originally stated, because everyone should have still be working on the boxes for their assigned partner. If I need to pair Joan and Monica, or I take one of them as partner, we'll extend the deadline for that setup by a few days to give them a little time. Sound fair to everyone?

Dan, I'm gonna give the blue swap a pass, though blue is one of the colors I enjoy in my gardens. I'm too close to gearing up for this surgery. I'm hoping that I'll feel up to doing Bump's swap. Any hints on what he's got planned?

Kathy

o

Does anyone have any pole beans?? I am making the girl's edible flower hut, and I have the TeePees all ready in the corners- but I've only got bush beans! ARGH!
And wouldn't ya know, none of the stores around here have pole beans. I guess everyone wants bush beans! LOL

o

HNB:
I think I have some pole beans, commercial that I picked up, if I do I will pop them in the mail today.
diene

o

Joe, Thanks! I got my box! I am having fun here. Joe sent:

can of cocoa: dark chocolate blend
anticoh hostas
Emerson's Giant Sempervivum (Chicks and hens) This is HUGE!
Belgian dark chocolate bar
kalanche pinnata plant (has healing powers south of the equater!)
hummingbird feeder
dutch iris (miss saigon)
leek starts
victoria rhubarb
Japanese cobra lily
Virginia bluebells

and seeds
aster
phlox
celosia
statice
hlichrysum
marigold
zinnnia
portulaca

WOW! What a box! Thank you so much. Your box will be going out on Monday. You are off to being a well sought after swap partner!!!!

Mark

o

HNB - I have a commercial pack of pole beans if Diene doesn't. Just let me know.

~ Tracy

o

What a great box, Joseph! I'm envious, Mark! I saw several things on that list that made me drool!

So, as far as boxes moving we have:
Melissa (hazelnutbunny)Sent and Linda (lindaruzicka) Received
Tracy (joy_unspeakable) and Kamil (kamiljablo)
Mark (markcase1964) Receivedand Joseph(jdkind) Sent
Diene (diene)Sent and Amelia (amelia_pepper_lady) Received

Did I miss anyone?

Melissa, I have some sugar snap snow peas that I could send as well as the pole beans Diene's sending you. They should make a lovely teepee as well :) I'll drop them in today's mail as well.

Anything else you're wanting for the girls?

Kathy

o

Wow, THANK YOU! :O)
The girls were so disappointed when we went to plant their beans, and I had to explain that they wouldn't climb the poles we put in place. (that's ONE good thing that came from the ice storm- plenty of limbs & brush lying around to put to use!)
We did get some short sunflowers & carrots planted. I thought I had the giant sunflowers, but only had the 3ft variety. And there is a BIG difference between 3ft and 12ft! LOL
Ah well, the girls are short enough that it probably won't matter to them, anyway! :O)

Kat~ Just anything that will attract lots of butterflies. I *had* some flower seeds set aside for their butterfly garden, but....*sigh*....they are probably growing in the sidewalk cracks. The seeds I DID have left, after the girls went on their wild sowing expedition, I found in my desk drawer. I had stashed them there after opening the mail one time, and forgot all about them until just a bit ago. Seeds are NOT safe in my house. LOL
My mom did give me some radish & cucumber seeds last week, but they are in the glove compartment of the suburban...which is 3 cities away right now...
Fat lot of good THAT does, huh? :O)

o

Melissa, then I'll take a little more time and put together a bunch of things for them :) I have the Mammoth Sunflowers and will make sure to add those, the snow peas and some things for the butterflies. Give me a day or two, but go ahead and tell the girls they should be there by next Friday :)

Just got an email from Tonya (tootsiepop254) and she says she's still in and will be emailing Monica back, she's a bit behind on emails :) So, if Joan is able to get into touch with Pat fairly quickly, then we're back in business with no hitches! If not, we'll just have a slight delay while Joan and I put together a box for each other :)

Kathy~ going to lie down for a bit now that the pills finally unclogged her brain and she remembered how to add a tab to the .xml file to update the host record!

o

Kat, I have been "thinking" about your box and gathered a few things. I hope to have it out the beginning of next week. Just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten about ya! I hope to "catch up" on reading the threads this weekend. Nik

o

The box Diene sent me was packed -- no room for anything else.

I opened last night as my "dessert" after dinner. (Cut back on the calories that way.)

Here's the contents...

PLANTS/BULBS
Daylily - Stella d'Oro
Iris
Siberian iris
Hosta
Variegated sedum
Monardo
Spirea
Bleeding heart (Been wanting this for a long time!)
Coral bells

SEEDS
Oak (acorn)
Joe Pye weed
Chocolate Joe Pye weed
Datura, white
Shasta daisy
Cleome, mixed

OTHER
The cutest little garden gnome!!
Trinket box with Pinot Noir wine bottles on the top

OK, I know how Diene knew I collected boxes. However, I never said ANYTHING about my wine habit. My husband says it's a serious habit. I get birthday and Christmas cards from some of the guys running tasting rooms at the wineries. I've had to arrange assistance at airports for my carry-on cases of wine. (It's amazing that they let me carry on 3 cases on one flight.)

THANK YOU, DIENE!!!!!!

o

Hi Everyone. Just stoping to say hi and hopefully mailing Monday. Been crazy busy but I wantd to sayhi nd hope verye is doing well.

Nichol

o

Joseph,

You have mail with your DC number. It leaves NC tomorrow!

I was able to catch the experiment and get into a cage. Be careful when you open the box. It will have gone three days with no feeding....

Mark

o

I need to get Carrie's address, she needs mine too. I haven't actually gotten an email back from her yet so don't know anything as to what we are going to do whether or not we are surprising or gonna give each other hints as to what we would like ;)!
I will send her another email....

o

I just love these boxes...wonderful! Nichol, I am planning on sending your April's Fools box out Sunday or Monday....

Happy Thursday!

Annie

o

What a great box, Diene!! Amelia, I'm envious! Bleeding heart! *swoon!* Variegated sedum *swoon!* AND Coral Bells!!*swoon!*
I adore this time in a swap, boxes are flying and landing and there are sooooooo many goodies to drool over!

Fran, I heard from Carrie yesterday and I know she's still interested and looking forward to this. I also know she's way behind on emails due to several circumstances all at once. I emailed you regarding your questions.

Carrie, hon, you really need to get in touch with Fran. I know she sends really wonderful boxes and has been looking forward to getting to know you and has been concerned over the lack of contact.

Nikki, I'm not worried, hon. As I told you in my last email, I'm likely going to be late myself. Ya know, it's really sad how the online nurseries do not plan better to handle what they should KNOW is going to be a busy time of year! It drives me nuts how slow they are on shipping at times. If I wanted plants in the middle of July, I'd order them then, right? Sorry, personal rant here, but it does drive me nuts. Not only am I waiting for things to share with Nikki and my adorable young partner in the Newbie swap, but in Oklahoma, if something doesn't have time to get well established before the hard heat sets in, I have to stick it into a holding box til fall and hope I have time for it to recover before first frosts. And with ordering through the mail, you don't really know what you're going to get until it arrives, ya know? Bare root can have so many definitions in the nursery world, apparently. So can 4 in. potted plants. Really tweeked me last year when I ordered from a company last year and my 4 in potted plant was a scrawny, sad looking little thing that I seriously doubted even my usually well thought of recovery skills could save. On complaining after the poor little thing was given a lovely ceremony before being laid to rest in my compost bin, thankfully they sent me a much sturdier plant, but it took the three weeks while I frantically attended it in my ICU, but another four weeks. By then it was too late to attempt putting it into my full sun bed, so it had to go into a mostly sun/partial shade holding bed to wait until the days started cooling some. It's a pretty plant now, but it's the principal!

Another thing that irks me is that sometimes you can only find a certain plant from one vendor! So, if you really want it for that year, you have to deal with them!

LOL, rant finished... for now!

So, boxes are flying, hopefully our MIA folks are all back on the ball and getting with their partners and I'm planning for contingencies. I'm off to get out a delayed bubblie of seeds for my young partner in the Newbie swap now that I have more seed baggies! WooHoo!! And I'm gonna try to talk Cliff into taking me to Lowe's today, now that his mother has loaned me the wheelchair his Grandmother used, so that I can get around in places that don't have motorized carts available.

And I planted more strawberries this morning in grow bags :)

It's been a GOOD day so far!

Kathy

o

Thank you carol

Oh my goodness, I recieved a wonderful box full of goodies

Peach n cream dahlia
Astible
Hugh bag of chic candy
Dogg biscuit for maxx & simbad
Lemon grass sage bubble bath
White tea Ginger bubble bath
White magnolia bubble bath
Lilac breeze ceramic burner and tea lights
2 Easter bunnies filled with jelly bean
Welcome frog for my garden
Hosts seeds
Light pink columbine
Cactus
Carnation mixed colors
Red hot poker
Columbine barlow mix
Delphinium magic fountain

I've really enjoyed reading and getting to know
Everyone. I really love my package everything will go in the ground this weekend mr groggy will me at the front door.

Your box went outt yesterday carol

o

My box is on the way to Deb as of a half an hour ago. The DC # is 0308 2040 0001 6639 4747. I am hoping it arrives on Saturday so the poor little plants don't have to sit at the post office all day Sunday.

Deb, I hope you enoy your package.

o

Hey Bump!
Let me introduce myself- my name's Gypsy. I adopted Hazelnutbunny's family today. Today is my 11 week birthday. I'm pretty new at all this ownership stuff, so I wondered if you had any tips for me?
There are a bunch of miniature humans running around here, and I'm scared I'm gonna lose my tail soon.
Love,
Gypsy

Photobucket

o

Hi all!
Well, I've not heard from Pat still, so I'm going to hold up on sending her box out today until you advise me Kathy. I'll be able to repack the box for whomever you decide and send out next Tuesday, so it will be one day late shipping, but I promise it will be worth it for whoever receives it! :)
Gypsy, I'd say a beautiful kitty like you ought to be able to talk Bump into just about anything!
Everyone take care and have a great weekend! I'll talk to ya'll Tuesday.

Joan

o

Dear Gypsy,
The first thing you absolutely must do is find the litter box. Hopefully your humans put you there first thing, and you know now where it is. Secondly, you must establish yourself as the new head of the household, and let all the humans know that YOU are in charge, and they are only allowed in the house to serve YOUR needs. They may think otherwise, but they'll learn.
When the smaller humans pick you up, remember to keep your claws retracted. This will go a long way towards earning the respect and love of your humans, and they will be more forgiving when you do actually need to use your claws. Also, you need to find a piece of furniture for your claw post. Preferably something made of wood. I use an arm on the couch myself. Also, Dan has 4 pieces of carpet remnant we keep in the office for Stella and me to use.
Remember to snuggle and purr. Humans love this.
At night, sleep in the same bed as your humans. You have to establish the ground rules with them right away.
Remember to chase string, lights, bugs, balls, and noisy toys. Humans think this is cute.
Tell your humans it would be better if you stay indoors all the time. This will keep you from picking up bugs and diseases.
Go with your humans to the vet and get all your shots. Hopefully they will find you a nice vet like I've got. In about 3 months, you will need to visit your vet and get "fixed". I'm not really sure why they use this term, but they do. You won't be able to have any kittens, but that's okay. You'll always have your humans, and they can be a lot like kittens, silly things!
And finally, welcome to the family! You are adorable! You can use this to your advantage, lol! If you have any more questions, let me know. I'll try to answer them for you. Also, let your humans know that if they have any questions, they can always write to Dan and he'll try to help them out.
Love, Bump

p.s. Stella would say hello, but she's busy watching the birds through the window.

o

Hi everyone,

What a beautiful day. I was able to dig till my heart was content. I sent Cheryls box off today as well. I stuffed it as much as possible. I don't think I could have fit one more thing in there. I sent her an email with her delivery confirmation number. She will have beautiful weather this weekend to plant all her new babies.

o

Hi Everyone!!

Bunny, that is one precious kitty!

Kathy, Tonya and I have been in contact and will be sending out boxes out next week so they don't sit in the post office over the weekend. Will post a DC when shipped.

I hope everyone is having good weather to play in the dirt!!!

Monica

o

Hello HNB:
I put the beans in the mail today. I had two kinds so you should be all set.
Hello Amelia;
I am glad you like what you received already, I was hoping to get the bulbs out today but that did not happen. There will be another day.
diene

o

Kathy,
Iris and I are both planning on sending out our boxes on Monday.

On another note, Bump has asked me to tell everyone that he will be posting the May MNF swap sometime this weekend. He's calling it "Bump's MNF Mayday, Mayday Swap", and looks quite interesting to me. He says he's putting a bit of mystery into it...

o

Looks like everyone is on track, for the most part. Nikki knows I'll be mailing a little late since I'm still waiting on that blasted order! I'm going to call them today and see if it does any good.

Fran, have you heard from Carrie yet? I know that Joan's still waiting to hear from Pat. Fran, hon, get back to me on the latest, then I will make a final decision this evening on what needs to be done.

Cute kitty, Melissa! I'll have that package for the kids ready to mail later this afternoon. I'll let you know if it goes out today or tomorrow.

Glad to see so many boxes flying or about to be!

Bump's swap sounds like it's going to be a LOT of fun!

Kathy

o

HELP! This kitten is WIRED! She runs from one end of the house to the other like her tail is on fire, and SHE NEVER STOPS!!! We haven't been able to catch her since we brought her home! Oh, and last night, she jumped up and attacked my head simply because my HAIR moved!
The only time she's even REMOTELY still is when she's using the litter box. But even then, it's like she's speed pooping. I swear her little paws are covering stuff so fast, they are a blur.
None of us got any sleep last night. If she wasn't trying to kill us in our sleep, she was running from room to room. And we don't have carpeting, so the sounds were echoing...THUMP THUMP THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP More of like a machine gun sound, though.

*rubbing bleary eyes*
I got more sleep when Lili was a newborn!

o

Ahh, Bunny, so sorry...I am sure she will calm down, or at least I hope so...hmmm, could you try some catnip to bait her with? LOL

No Kathy, I haven't heard from her yet. I don't have her address and she doesn't have mine either.

Dan, you are too funny. I can't wait to see what Bump has came up with!

Ok, I need to be getting my hinny back outside....

o

LOL... one word... CATNIP! Lots of it!

I think I've contacted everyone that I needed to today. If not, someone drop me a note. We're forecast for severe thunderstorms today through tomorrow night, so my computer time may be limited. I don't like being on when there's lightening even though we have cable internet.

Fran, please let me know ASAP whether you hear from Carrie. That will be the deciding factor in what I set up for Joan.

By the way, Jamie emailed me and is still trying to get in touch with Kim. I let her know that officially, I'd dropped them from the swap, but if they complete it, both of them, and send me DCNs and post contents, it will have them clear for the group with the condition that they will have to send first in the next MNF swap they join. I felt this was the most fair way to deal with it, if they both complete the swap. I invite her to hang about and get to know folks and she's assured me that she will :) I'm very happy about that!

Oh, and I called the company I ordered from and they're putting a rush on the order, and I found out that it's always best to call the order in and request a rush. Have a really nice conversation with the young lady I spoke with. We discussed my theme gardens and she's going to be checking into GW. She's interested in seeing my Gargoyle bed and Naughty Garden and I'd bet she'd be interested in seeing some of the other Goth type beds and any of the themed beds. She was really interested in the possibilities of those. I told her she'd need to check back in a couple months to see pics of mine since they're still pretty dormant at the moment and it will take some time for the kids and DH to get everything tended to, especially in the new beds that we just started working on. Anyway, she was a really sweet young lady and we had a nice conversation and she tried to see if there was more she could do to get my order here quickly. The rush was all she could do, but I should have my order here sometime late next week or early the following week. So I'll be able to have Nikki's box to mail out then. Everything else is ready and packed. Or ready to be packed :) Though the longer I have to wait to mail it off, the more seeds I find to tuck in ... for cushioning, ya know?

Kathy

o

Yep, I remember why I didn't want a KITTEN, I wanted a CAT. LOL She's overturned 3 plants, 2 trashcans, nibbled on the lemon tree and keeps leaping on the birdcage. I think the poor parakeet is going to have a coronary.
But on the BRIGHT side, the kids haven't muttered "I'm bored" one single time in the last 24 hours! Woo-Hoo!
She's keeping them entertained, and they are all getting lots of exercise. :O)

Kat~ Thank you!! I know the kids will be tickled with it. It was very sweet of you to send it.

Hey Bump & Dan~ Can you explain the difference between cat grass and regular grass? The store down the road has a neat cat grass container kit that I am considering getting for Gypsy, since she is chewing on plants. I want one that's safe for her.
Or do you think catnip would be a better choice? I have NO clue what cats like.... :P

o

Kathy - I sent responded to your e-mail. However, if there is someone else that will not have a partner, Fran and Pat can send to each other and I will join in some other time. That is no problem :-)

Fran - I don't think our e-mails like each other :-(
I haven't received anything from you, and I am guessing that you never received anything from me. I think I am going to get a yahoo address as I seem to be having major problems using the one my internet provider provides.
You and Pat get together and send to each other, and I will jump in some other time.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Carrie

o

Okay, I'm working with everyone to see what everyone would be more comfortable with and will make a solid announcement on what's been worked out tomorrow morning. We'll get it all straight and I know everyone will have a great time!

Kathy

o

Bunny, get the cat grass, and like the others have said, grow LOTS of catnip! Be careful with what Gypsy is chewing on plantwise, she will chew on stuff that's poisonous if it's available.
Get used to the running. Bump and Stella get to running around, and all I can do is freeze when they're coming at me so I don't get a)knocked over, or b)clawed.
If Gypsy is not coming to you on her own, give her a few days. She is going to take a few days to get used to your house, and everyone in it. She will start approaching everyone at different times, which will be when she is comfortable with them. DO NOT FORCE HER.
The biggest thing you've got to remember is that Gypsy is a baby, and will be so until she's at least a year old. Then she will be a teen-ager. She will go into her first "heat" at about 6 months old, and should be spayed before then.
Your entire house is going to be changing for a while now. Constantly. But do not give up on Gypsy, she'll soon be a treasured member of the family, and you won't regret getting her at all. That, I can promise.
Now, go take a nap. Tonight, you're not going to get much sleep.

o

OK, I sent Carrie ANOTHER email just now from MY interenet provider addy which I DO NOT use, but think it will go through better for her then the live.com one I usually use.
SO, let's just see what happens now. :)

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here