Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beth_b_kodiak

April round of the 12 Month Seed Swap

beth_b_kodiak
18 years ago

Spring is in the air if not already arrived in many parts of the USA. A good time to send some special seeds to your buddy or an extra nice Easter Card. Be sure to let your buddy know you are thinking of her and remember to post when you get your card.

It sounds like everyone is OK on the reverse swap for May so make note of your buddie's snail mail address when the mail arrives this month. The reverse swap sounds like fun.

Happy spring everybody.

BB

Comments (36)

• cassiet
    18 years ago

Carol,
    Did you get your package and your card for last month? I didn't see anything posted.

Cassie

• atravers
    18 years ago

Mary Ellen,
    I dropped your April packet in the mail yesterday. Should reach you by the weekend. You have a birthday this month too!
    Ann

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Hi All!! Sending my stuff out this weekend--Hope you all have a Happy Hopping Easter!!!!!!
    Jeanette

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Sharon your package is on its way!

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Jan, already looking forward to it!
    I'm going nuts waiting for my daffodills to bloom. They have had buds forever. Each day, I think, TODAY, but then am disappointed. :o(
    Sharon

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Sharon
    Sure hope those daffs bloom soon for you!! Can't have you going nuts now can we? Mine are far from being ready to bloom. My mom lives in town and hers always bloom 2-3 weeks before mine do. Hers aren't ready yet so I most likely will have another 3-4 weeks for mine!! Just love it when they bloom! Last fall I planted a bunch of new ones! The special pink and peach and two tone ones! I know they bloom later but thought it would be fun to have!
    I hope the seeds I sent are ok...as I am not sure they are the ones you wanted. Please let me know as I will make it up to you if they aren't correct!! We had snow on Monday and have had frost everynight since so still waiting for spring to arrive!! Can't wait until it does!!

• mellen
    18 years ago

Dear Ann, I received a wonderful package from you today. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Such a nice surprise to receive the cute wind sock and card. I also am thrilled with the seeds you sent: tomato-Brandywine, zinnia-sombrero, and cosmos-COSMIC RED--YAHOOOOOO!!! I will be starting the seeds downstairs in the next day or two. Thank you, thank you!!! Sounds like I will be sending seeds to YOU next month. THAT will be fun. You are the best, Ann. Mellen

• darlene87
    18 years ago

I received my seeds and card from Sharon today. A nice note in with the Easter card also. Seeds of an heirloom tomatoe, which we have not tried before, and some poppy seeds. I love both of them, in fact, love most of the flowers, if they are not invasive. Thank you so much Sharon, I am sure I will enjoy both of these. I was ill for 2 weeks again, so late getting my card & seed out.
    Darlene

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Jan, I got the seeds you sent. Thank you so much, giant larkspur. I've got them planted already, I was so excited to get them! They will look great at the back of the border!
    Your new daffodils sound so pretty. You will have to let us know when they bloom.
    I can't wait to send you some seeds next month. :)
    sharon/tma

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Darlene, Sorry to hear you have been ill again. Maybe with spring here (very early spring), you will start to feel stronger.
    My first daffodil finally bloomed. :o) It was a butterfly daffodil. Next is a Hyacinth that is on the verge. I will probably watch that every day for a week or 2.

Supposed to be a beautiful day today. I'll be at work, but hope I have enough energy to go outside for a while once I get home. Not much to 'see' in the garden, but there is always some 'work' to do there.

Happy 'Early Spring' Everyone,
    sharon/tma

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Hey Sharon Congrats on your blooms! LOL I have my mini daffs blooming today! Sooo cute! To all enjoy your blooms! I just love this time of year!!

Beth......have a wonderful trip! Give Carol a hug for me!! Have fun!

• cassiet
    18 years ago

Has anyone heard from Carol? I haven't seen a post from her in a while. I didn't see a post for her last month or for this month's seeds. Beth is Carol okay or is she sick also?

Cassie

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Jeanette, your seeds are in the mail.
    Cassie, Carol better be behaving herself. She is supposed to meet me for dinner tonight. I believe she is doing OK.

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Oh how I wish I could be there to have dinner with you two 'crazy' ladies!!! I will be in my thoughts!!! Have a great time--
    Jeanette

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Hey Carol and Beth---I am anxious to hear about your 'meeting'--I am sure you had a wonderful time!!!
    I will be watching the mailbox Beth--next month is reverse month--anything you are looking for????
    TTYL
    Jeanette

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

I am with Jeanette can't wait to hear about the dinner with Beth and Carol! Isn't that so wonderful that gardenweb friends do get to meet sometimes?! Noticed we haven't heard from Beth or Carol who knows the 2 of them may still be hanging out in Carol's garden!! One never knows what could happen when it involves those two!! I can't send Carol's dog out as it won't tell on Carol!!
    I hope everyone is doing well and will have a wonderful Easter !
    Tina is there any special seeds you are looking for as next month we send reverse. Please let me know as I will do my best to make you happy! I hope that hubby of your is all mended up?! Let us know.

• pattygrow5
    18 years ago

Shannon keep your eyes open your seeds are going out tomorrow. Patty

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Cassie, I was sure I posted a thankyou to you last month, if not I am sorry, I will send the dog after me. I had a wonderful dinner with Beth and Poochie, I had met Poochie before but a first with Beth, it was great she is a sweetheart, we came to my house so they could see my gardens and meet the dogs. I am just happy my male didn't wet on them. I sure enjoyed it. maybe now someday I can meet Angel, and the others. Beth is on the road so may be silent for awhile. Thankyou Beth for a fun visit hugs carol

• cassiet
    18 years ago

Not to worry about not posting... I just thought something was wrong with you as so many of us have been sick. I received your seeds for this month back and it says insufficient address. I haven't a clue why... I'm going to just put them in another envelope sealed and all and send again. You can take a look when you get them. Hopefully your card got there.

Cassie

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I received a lovely easter card from cassie, thankyou cassie. Poochie brought desert to dinner, something called a tasty cake, after devouring it the girls let me know I can't buy it here, cruel don't cha think? I need a tasty cake fix. just what I needed another addiction, roses, dahlias, daylillies, regular lilies, tasty cakes

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

Patty, I will keep an eye out ;) So, we are going backwards for May? Sounds like fun =)

Tina, I will be sending your card and seeds by the end of the week. I am running a little late on things this month, we are in the middle of remodeling! We have torn out a wall between our dining room and front porch, and things are in a state of organized chaos at the moment =)

Hope the Easter bunny was good to everyone!
    Shannon

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Good Evening Ladies!!!
    Beth--I just love the selection of seeds you sent this month!! They are already in my planter on the deck!! My deck is going to smell SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good this summer!! Next month is 'ALL ABOUT YOU' do you have anything you are looking for???? Please post --
    Gotta get back to work--no rest for the wicked (as my mom would say!)
    Jeanette

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

Ann,
    Your seeds were sent this afternoon.
    Sorry it's taken me so long this month.
    Bonnie

• pattygrow5
    18 years ago

Kathy got my seeds and card the other day thank you very much for the 4'oclocks and the kamaochi balloon flower I sowed them as soon as they got here you have to put some wants on your list so I know what you are looking for for May. or e-mail me to let me know.Patty

• darlene87
    18 years ago

Cassie, your seeds and card pkg. came back today in the mail. Said no such address. Seems you had the same problem. I used the address I always use. So will put a new address label on and new stamps and out it goes tomorrow. Want to hear a good one? The mail does not go out thru snow or sleet! 3 weeks ago, our locked mail boxes (25 of them) on a pedestal, got hit by a big truck. It was almost falling over. Postman said he would not deliver mail until it is fixed, and that was our job. Meanwhile, we go to talk to the superintendent about it. No one knew what to do, they said it is our responsibility. I asked about regulations and so on, as it is govt. property. On and on for days. We got no mail for a week, the mailman drove his truck around with our mail, but not delivering it. All the neighbors yelled, and we get our mail, at the post office twice a week. All our bills are done by auto withdrawal, so that is good. Yesterday, we were told they are ordering a new pedestal for our box from back east. We are on Pacific coast, so that will take 3 weeks to come, going by govt. route. Then it has to be put in. So that is what is going on with our mail. Hard to believe and some say, it can't be. Would I make up a good story like that? :)
    Darlene

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Darlene,
    Unbelieveable about the pedestal mailbox. We have those in our subdivision. They belong to the postoffice here. They used to each have a BIG box for packages, they would leave the key for the BIG Box in your small mailbox. It worked great till vandals broke all the Big mailboxes. Post office would not fix them.
    Ah, well, I wish all of our mailboxes would break, I hate having mail delivered in a tiny box I have to use a key to open. I want it delivered to my house like all the other subdivision get. We were considered a 'trial'.

JAN, please let me know if you are looking for any special seeds for next month.
    Sharon/tma

• darlene87
    18 years ago

Sharon, it sounds as if you have the same type box that we do. The mailman leaves a key in our locked box for us if we have a pkg. Most of the time: he gives us the wrong key, and it will not open the locked package box. Has happened almost every time. Very frustrating. I am not ordering plants by mail because of all the problems. They would be driven in the mail truck for many days, and if we had a mailbox now, we would get the wrong key, and it would sit in there. I have to walk over a block to where our mailbox is, and at first I used to go in the wheelchair, when my legs were bad, a real feat on gravel road! I can walk now and the exercise is good for me. All of you, count your many blessings in just walking. I did not walk for over 3 years, and if I walk for several hrs. as in grocery shopping, I live on Tynenol and bed rest for about 6 hr. This is nerve disease as a side affect of epilepsy meds. I do not take my health for granted anymore.
    Cassie: your card & seeds went out today again.
    Darlene

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Thankyou for my wonderful seeds Cassie bush beans and an unusual zinnia, I love unusual. thankyou perfect again. will plant over the weekend, supposed to be 70 on sunday.
    thankyou

• atravers
    18 years ago

Bonnie,
    Got home from a week in NC and your seeds were waiting for me. I love the asarina vine! And CA poppies are always a pleasure. They remind me of the hills along the central valley of CA and the early years I spent there. And yellow ones too. Can't wait to plant them this afternoon! Many thanks for these special seeds.
    Ann

• atravers
    18 years ago

Oh Bonnie! I forgot to thank you for the lovely Japanese bookmark too. I just love paper crafts. The floral ink painting on it is beautiful. How thoughtful of you. It's a VERY special gift. Thank you!
    Ann

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just a quick reminder to all of you that we will be doing a "reverse" for May. You will send seeds to the person who has been sending seeds to you.
    Sounds like a nice way to say "thanks"
    BB

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Has anyone heard from Tina? I haven't and I hope she is ok.Oops I almost forgot I am to make a list for May........I will give it some thought and post Monday! Thanks Sharon

• rudybacon
    18 years ago

Carol,
    A great big thanks for the wonderful seeds. I had just planted a bunch of gourd seeds and didn't have any apple gourds. I just adore morning glory seeds. In fact I love most any vine so the black eyed susan vine seeds were also appreciated.My mind has gone blank so I can't remember the other seeds except that I really loved them.

I have been sick for 3 weeks so maybe that will explain the brain freeze.

Pattygrow, you wrote that I sent you 4 o'clock seeds. Did I? I was already getting sick but I was supposed to send Blusing Susie black eyed susan vine along with the balloon flowers. By the way, I opened the balloon flowers because 2 other times when I bought small seeds they shorted me and I didn't want that to happen to you.

Kathy

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Cassie, what kinda seeds do you like?also please send me your addy, lost it. Beth are you back yet?We miss you

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mellen, what a cute card and So True. I know it is possible to have the "fantasy garden" because every once in a while I see one but it sure has never been in my yard. Maybe when I finally retire I'll make the jump from the Beverly Hillbillies garden to the Martha Stewart garden. Meanwhile, I'll keep dreaming.
    Thanks for the seeds both Prudens purple tomatoes and the licorice basil will be new to me. I look foreward to trying them. You were right though.... I was so busy I had not noticed that you had not sent seeds yet. If someone had asked I would have said yes she sent some kind of herbs.
    Veeja, yes I'm back in AK and back to work. The first 7 days back I'm working 68 hours. Thursday I was oficially "Off" but had worked all night. Every other day I worked. Once I get through this week it will be better.
    \ I'll try to post a new thread tonight for May.

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Miss Bethy---When you post the May thread will you add a couple of your 'wants' for me?? Please?? You are going to need another vacation working at that rate!! Take care of yourself!!
    Doris--hope you enjoyed your seeds and hope you are well-noticed you didn't post this month--has anyone heard from Doris?
    Jeanette