Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
llbean_gw

NEW: Variegated Plant Swap: Take a Chance

llbean
17 years ago

WELCOME TO the variegated plant swap: Seeing that I am unable to attend any swaps this year I thought it would be fun to try this. One of my friends did this with great results.

How it works:

Play-list is limited to 7 people I make 8

It is a first come, first serve basis.

Each player will choose two different variegated plants and send 4 of each. Each player will send the plants to me by a chosen date. The plants will be soaked in alf. tea and then planted in a peat moss soiless mixture for temp holding.. Once all plants are rec. Boxes will be sent back to each player containing 8 new plants..

Postage will be 8.10 make sure to include this in your box for return postage.

I have a great trading history and you can check my rating in the feedback forum.

My trades will include 4 Silene dioica 'Valley High' PPAF

I am not sure about my next 4, it is either Stairway to heaven Sol. Seal, or a split of two of my named hosta..

SO take a chance and join the fun..

Laura

Comments (11)

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Hi Laura this sounds like fun. Could you give me a little more detail. I am wondering what the time frame would be. My plants are just now finally breathing after all the snow. I know I can see 2 of my variegated plants now: silene-clifford moore and variegated rockcress-actual name escapes me right now. My others have not awaken yet and that is why I am wondering on the time frame. I have other variegates too. I would have to check on those 2 plants to see if I could divide them to have 4 trades worth first. Could you just let me know when you would need them sent in by.

This sounds like a lot of fun. We all know how much we all love our variegates!~Heather

PS-I can vouche for Laura-she is a wonderful gardenweb trader.

• llbean
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am thinking that the 2nd week in may would be good, and then I would turn around and send out all plants ASAP..I will post a list and then we can choose!! I think it will be fun..

Laura

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Count me in then. I have many more variegated plants and by then they will be up and I can get a better idea of what I can have 4 of. Sounds great~Heather

• medontdo
    17 years ago

i would like to be included, but first, what are varigates? Lol bare with me, i'm just learning all this, besides the, awww, that looks cool term. Lol :')

• bigmama4ever
    17 years ago

im in, send info when available..

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Hi Laura!

I would sooooo love to be in this trade, but as you know, I am unable to trade at the current time. I could try, but my belly sorta' gets in the way, lol. Variegates are my favorite! Just wanted to say good luck and have fun. I'd love to be in the next one.

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• abitodd
    17 years ago

I'll bite, count me in. Please send me all the info.

Thanks
    abitodd

• llbean
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok so I think I will give this one more week, and it should be closed no matter the number of players. If we have a smaller number and someone wants to send more var. because they have them, then so be it..
    I may be able to send some compliment plants too.. So I will see..
    Laura

• angelsee
    16 years ago

I'd like to be included~i have many to share ;)

• llbean
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok I think that we need to take a vote? Should we send to each other?
    By this I mean post what we have and make it a robin? Round one chose one, two 2 etc.?
    Or do you like the idea that plants to me and then I ship everyone the plants? As the weather is warming, I am scared there might be stress?
    Lets take a vote and the swap is closed to any new participants.

Laura

• medontdo
    16 years ago

as much as i'd like to stay in i have to please excuse myself from this round. i apologize!!