Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
medontdo

update: mnf: tulips found uranus fragrant!!! :'}}

medontdo
16 years ago

{{gwi:1255639}}

ok since march was the month on the 13th that uranus was discovered (thank you tracy for showing me some march's link :')) i thought this would be cool!!

the RULES UGH!! all needed though,

1. you must be 18

2. must be a gw member

3. must have lots of fun!!

4. must if you have something on your mind, tell us!! so what if its all whiny, geez we all have whiny days!!

now for the other part, must be signed in by march 16th, that's everybody's right day!! :'))

**the colors are blue, red, orange, green, violet, yellow and white. those are the colors seen in the pics.

**This is a MUST what ever you send must be fragrant!!

**as the name suggests it can be at least 3 tulips (for the month of march) thats between you and your swap buddie!! LOL

but at least 3 of some sort of bulb :'))

**must be at least 1 set of bulbs (other than the tulips) :')) since no plants can be shipped now :'((

**there must be 3 packets of seeds from your partners wants lists.

**everything must be shipped by april 1st. confirmation would really be nice, it helps to make you feel safe and let you know that it got there safely!!

Have fun everyone!! Looking forward to having lots of fun with this!!

and pleas lets keep this "clean" :')) HEE HEE i know, it will be so very hard to do!! LOL

lets make lots of new friends everyone and don't be afraid to come in and say hi!! :'))

Comments (104)

• scottrell
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Everyone! It is so hard to keep up with all you guys. I went out of town with the kids for Spring break and came back to slop hogs all weekend. Well it seems everyone is starting to get some wonderful Spring blooms! YAY!
    For the record I sent out Jamie's box last week and The del con # 0307 1790 0000 7235 1591 says she receiived the box on Saturday the 5th. I hope she likes what I sent.

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i'm sure she did sharon!! your one of the sweetest people and most thoughful people i know!! so i'm sure she's just really busy, i thought she said this weekend her son? had a thing to do like karate or something? ahhhhh i don't remember. LOL frazzle brain here, its dreary out so everything is foggy in up there!!
    well that will be so nice fishy! we are tryining to get this done, right now one of the places say 95 but i don't know if that is per child. it just said 95
    . so tomarrow i'm gonna give them a call that's when she has the free time. :')) i like your coleus em!! its pretty!! ya i have to remember to make my pics smaller. but ya know. later gals!!

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

I still have some questions about internet home schooling. I did a search and found something for Oklahoma, but it wasn't very helpful. does anyone have a link that might be really helpful? I know nothing at all about homeschooling, but am interested in finding out for my three younger children. I get the idea that perhaps they won't be pressured as much in subjects they do well in and not rushed through subjects they struggle with.

Kathy

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Michelle,

I was finally able to take a couple pictures of the baby birds for ya!!! There are five of them in the "cave" (nest). In these pictures you can make a couple of them out.

This is of one facing straight at the camera (eyes are still shut)

This is when it turned to the side and opened its lil beak. (I zoomed in on the camera so they aren't that big lol)

I know they aren't very cute but they areee soo sweetttt!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

Kathy,
    what did you want to know? I have my daughter in charter syber school.

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

Thanks, Linda! Well, I'm wondering about cost for one thing, and materials for another. Can they work at their own pace? I'm guessing I'd need something that's connected to the Oklahoma Public schools? I think I'd be more comfortable with cyber home schooling because I'm not confident in my own abilities to keep up with a lot of the new ways of doing things and how early I see them teaching things now that we learned later in school.

Kathy

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Since I don't know which part of Ok, here's the list for the state. I'm certain there's more. If you can get me a city, I can go from there. I've worked with Calvert while teaching abroad, and with k12.com during the last 3 years. Yes kids in charter schools work at thier own rate, and can have different years in different subjects. If you use a charter school that's attached to a public school then it's all free. If you pick a school that is not publicly funded (not connected to your state schools, then you do need to cover the costs, but you can usually get a good discounted rate, if you shop early (even the best charter programs are cheaper than preschool fees).

Here is a link that might be useful: Ok charter schools

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

did ya have to pay for any fee's?? i'm wanting to find out if i am supposed to pay anything at all? i want to charter thru one of them to get it for the kiddo's. :')) the only one they have listed when i clicked on it to enroll for them to test is lawrence. thats a ways from me!!! :'((

• pamperedavonchefof3
    16 years ago

Sharon,
    Thank you so much for the most wonderful box.. She thought of everyone right down to the fish.. lets see if i can remember everything..

2 pairs of blue gloves for the boys with cute bugs on them
    Alisa a cute shirt that says cutie
    red and purple glad bulbs
    pkg of bulbs
    doggie treats
    goldfishfood
    mini tomatoe grow kit
    sm green candle in flower pot
    pkgs of seeds don't have them in front of me to nsme
    watering worm--soo cute

thank you so much we enjoyed it so much..

Carol ur pkg went out i will post the dc# when i get it out of the truck..

Jamie

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

YAY!!! that's sooo sweet sharon!! your such a sweetie!! :')) but of course i always knew ya were!! LOL **BIG SMILE**
    now we're just waiting on veeja and momcat, i believe :')) and that'll wrap this baby up!! there have been some really nice boxes sent!! i'm so happy for everyone!! :'))

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Medo,
    No it's all free, our test was done at home, but I start them in K in the program. Here's the page on enrollment from lawerance, it's the same instructions I have here in CA, fill out forms, and take the accessment tests, you should be able to do it all online, and perhaps fax in a copy of the immunization card or such. Our charter is out of San Diego (2 hours away), but we have a local class here that consists of kids in the 2 towns here, and we do all field trips, PE days, and testing locally, instead of having to travel over to the main site. Best thing to do is call the 1-800 number for the school, and ask them your questions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Enrollment page

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

he took the math and is done and it said he was math 3 semester 2. what does that mean?? don't tell me 3rd grade math???!!! eeeeks!!! that's soooo terrible!! ok i'm terrible at math!! i'll admit that. on the other hand, he is awesome in his language. missed 0!!! wooohooo!! that's my boy!! he soo takes after me!! LOL math and all HEE unfortunately LOL ok so i'll give the lawrence one a ring tomarrow. the emporia one isn't on the list but they also do the k12. and so does one in mission woods. and kansas city. i printed off talla's stuff for her, and talla will be doing them tomarrow and he will be finishing them tests up tomarrow. so we'll have something to look forward to, and to see how terrible i've been doing. :'(( but on the other hand, he does know ALOT of things about real life!!! i seen on sq ft gardening where they show what all is in it for schooling!! i thought that was soo cool!! LOL i am very greatful for all of your info and all of your help!! i hope you know that!! :'))

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Pixie - love your babies - here's a pic of mine. They have "flown the coop" now but I still see them around here.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Here's one of my fav buys at the plant show

Here is a link that might be useful:

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

I'm in Edmond, OK. It sounds like going through one of the public charters is the best way to go, still get the benefits and no fees like going to public school. Hmmm.. I'm gonna look at that link. The only thing I could find yesterday was for high school,which Tiffany is. Devin is in Elementary and Vince will be in middle school next year.

Kathy

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

right above the highschool one is the elementary link, and tabor is in with the high school even though he's middle maybe, LOL i don't know now!!! LOL man i'm totally freaking here!!! yes i freak over dumb things!! wanna hear something funny?? i cut my hair last night, no one noticed, not at all!! now these guys notice everything about me! how weird is this??
    ok waiting on two packages right?? i found a good cd for your rr kathy!! now if i can squeeze a few bucks out of the old man i'll be doing great!! we've come up with a new plan to get things done so i don't have to listen to the irritation, LL i'll start writing down the stuff i want, where i want it, how much it is, and exactly what it is. he's on a mission now, LOL i have to go to the rate and review place :'))

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hey girls! I wanted to post a little helpful tip on the cd's. Request your favorite cd at the library (most have online services now for requesting books, cds, and dvds), they will call you when it is in so you can run and pick it up, then you can upload it onto your musicplayer on the computer. Then you can burn it onto a blank cd. Write the name of the cd on the top or make a list of the songs and place it in the jacket of the case for your favorite mix. My son does this all the time and then downloads his favorite tunes into his mp3 player.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Em, I love the picture of the little bird with his mouth open wide! Feed Me! LOL! Too cute!

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

LOL! Tracy, I thought my bunch was the only ones that did that! WE make weekly trips to the library and the kids are always borrowing CDs to upload!

Kathy

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Thanks Miss Em, I just love that you still see your babies flying around. Your Rubber tree plant is awesome, I love the varigated leaves, I have two but they are both solid leaves. I have both of mine planted outside beside my fish pond. I adore the "planter" you have it in, so creative!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

Kathy,
    Sara is in the K-12 program. Since it's connected to PA state schools, there isn't any cost. THey send you a lap top and a fax/scanner/printer to use for the school year. They also reimburse you for the cost of the internet hookup every so many months.

I like it because if she has a question she can call her teacher and talk about it. They will give one on one sessions if there is a problem. Sara is in 12th grade. I took her out of public school because she missed something like 46 days last year because stress gave her stomach problems.

This year she has missed three days and her stomach meds have been cut down to one pill. She enjoys going, she works at her own pace, her own hours and can fit it around her work schedule. I just wish I would've done it sooner!
    Linda

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Medo,
    Don't worry much what grade number he gets, when 1st doing his placement. Yes that's 3rd grade 2nd semester, but that includes time to the minute, adding, subtracting decimals (money skills), geometry (adding sides to get the area of a shape) and long multiplication and division. If he's not covered any of those topics, than that's the book he starts in, he'll wiz thru the parts he already knows how to do, and then when he finishes up the new stuff, they'll promote him mid year to a new grade. What usually happens is that the time, money and geometry isn't covered in the public school till later, so they miss those questions. It's completely normal for a kid to do better at math or reading, instead of being at the same rate in both.
    Best way to get him started at exactly where he needs to be in math, is to do the quizes at the end of each lesson first, if he can pass the 2 minute quiz with a 80% or better, he can move onto the next lesson, in about a week of taking/passing quizzes (math should be an hour a day) he should be right at the lessons he needs, once those units are done, they'll order his new 4th grade books, so he can get them started asap. The 1st year will be an adjustment as he picks up the parts of math he missed, and lands in his grade. Generally the things they cover are about a year ahead of the schools here in town grade-wise (the work my 2nd graders do is ahead of the homework the 3rd graders get in thier public school, and there's very little "fluff" or busy work involved. With Talla, start the K lessons, and work on the alphabet over summer, try the website below for some "games" that are really pratice for her. It's the program put out by the univ. of Colorado for free use.

Here is a link that might be useful: starfall - k-3rd grade reading games.

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL i was gonna post a rate on hnb and then realized duh!! none of it was seeds or plants!!! LOL how der moment!! LOL
    talla cooks in the microwave now!! very good most generally. LOL
    it looks nice out today i have to finish the laundry and hang it up. then tomarrow it will rain hubby says.
    thank you!! so much!! ok, i won't freak sooo much, i have to call the one lady and will call the other tomarrow. LOL i am really gonna get these kiddo's into this program!! for sure!! no matter what! LOL i am soooo thank ful to you fishy!! and thankyou for that website!! do you have or know of any for tabors age? for math he's supposed to be in 6th grade. man that's just crazy!!!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

OMG - I love that site, Fishy!! Thank you!!! Lily is REALLY getting into asking what letter different words start with, and finding and writing letters already, so this site is PERFECT for her! Thank you! I would love to take her to Kindergarden Round Up next year, when she won't even be 5 until after the school year starts, and see what the teachers say! I have a definite hunch that this girl will be reading already by then. Thank you again, and again, Fishy!!

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

your lucky!! talla has no use for reading she likes to be read to and likes making up stories, i would love any ideas in getting her into reading, this girl is very stubborn!! i thought i was stubborn!! (she's a cancer!!) LOL

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Oh, no worries Medo, it's a little alarming when you first see the grade levels, but it goes fast when it's only sections they're missing. you're far better off starting him at the level he tests in at, instead of the grade he was in at his old school, as the lesson's won't match up (example, I'm covering african history 5AD to 1500AD this month, in the public schools, they're still doing "my comunnity" type social studies).

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Michelle,

You are a stinker, BUT one of the sweetest stinkers I know!!!! Mail just ran and I received a SURPRISE BOX!!!! OMGOODNESS Girlie THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Michelle sent me some "Pink Beauties" Glad. bulbs and over 60 something packets of seeds, I am still going through them. Rebs and a friend helped me open the box. Then Rebs thought I was crazy cause I danced around to in here to post! (ok he danced too so Im not the only silly one here!)

Michelle, thank you sooo much! You are such a sweetheart!!!!

Love ya,
    Trina

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks!! feeling much better now!! ok here's the story behind it all, now, talla is the reason for the box, LOL she wanted to thank you so much for the fairy stuff, LOL she soooo loves her fairy things, LOL and of course her fairy friend!! LOL she is simply amazed i have a real fairy friend!!! LOL
    here is a story that is soooo cute!! i got from a friend of mine, ya'll prob got it too,, LOL
    Goodness

A mom was concerned about her kindergarten
    > Son walking to school.
    > He didn't want his mother to walk with him.
    > She wanted to give him the feeling that he had
    > Some independence but yet know that he was safe.
    > > So she had an idea of how to handle it.
    > She asked a neighbor if she would please follow him to school in the
    > mornings, Staying at a distance, so he probably wouldn't noticeher.
    > > She said that since she was up early with her toddler anyway,
    > It would be a good way for them to get some exercise as well, so she
    > Agreed.
    > > The next school day, the neighbor and her little girl set out
    > Following behind Timmy as he walked to school with another neighbor
    > girl he knew.
    > > She did this for the whole week.
    > > As the two walked and chatted, kicking stones and twigs,
    > Timmy's little friend noticed the same lady was following them as she
    > seemed to do every day all week.
    > > Finally she said to Timmy, "Have you
    > Noticed that lady following us to school all week?
    > Do you know her?"
    > > Timmy nonchalantly replied, "Yeah, I know who she is."
    > The little girl said, "Well, who is she?"
    > > "That's just Shirley Goodnest," Timmy replied, "and her
    > Daughter Marcy."
    > > "Shirley Goodnest? Who the heck is she and why is she
    > Following us? "
    > > "Well," Timmy explained, "every night my Mom makes me say
    > The 23rd Psalm with my prayers, 'cuz she worries about me so much.
    > And in the Psalm, it says, 'Shirley Goodnest and Marcy shall follow me
    > All the days of my life', so I guess I'll just have to get used to
    > it!"
    > > The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to
    > Shine upon you, and be gracious unto you; the Lord lift His
    > countenance upon You, and give you peace.
    > > May Shirley Goodnest and Marcy be with you today and always.

isn't this soooo cute!! HEE HEE LOL
    i know some of us run in the same circles, LOL
    i'm sooo glad you liked your box!! that was sooo fun to put some of them together and then talla, if she had it her way, she'd of thrown in the whole fridge!!! LOL

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

See?! I TOLD ya'll that Michele was a sweetie!!! :O)

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

na, i'm not that sweet!! its all the fake sugar i drink!! LOL and honey!! LOL and its my rugrats!! HEE HEE my hubby was soooo happy today when he got the mail from hnb, cuz of the velcro, he was like what does she like??? so he was in topeka and i'm not gonna tell ya what he did, but its sooo funny!! LOL ups man just came to deliver hubbys hat, LOL and he actually came onto the porch this time!! WOW!!! imagine that!!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ahh, Michele! I just feel so rotten that I kept forgetting to mail that to ya!! Gee Whiz!!
    I had it sitting on my desk, and every day I'd look at it, and think "I need to walk out & put that in the mailbox".....and then I'd look up, and the mailman would already be there! UGH!!! And he's so quick, that I'd never make it in time to catch him. LOL
    But I'm glad you FINALLY got it. Was that enough?? Do you need more?? Let me know!!! I'll get it to you SOMETIME!! LOL :O)

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i think that'll be enough!! its a few pockets and ahhh don't worry!! it's less i had to do!! sowing on them velcro is not my favorite!!! LOL but i tell him for you i'll do it, i hope you sure do love me a whole lot baby!!!! LOL
    he's got the bronchitus and sinusitus again!! but this time he caught it in time, so he won't be out of work a week. that's a great thing!!
    but your an awesome bunny for just even offering it!! :'))

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Well Michelle you will have to give my lil Fairy a big hug from me!!! You tell her that I LOVE it all!!! I still get tickled at her thinking I am a real fairy. I just love that!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Pixie?!? You mean you're NOT a real fairy???
    *gasp*

You've just ruined this bunny's illusion.
    Thanks so much. :O(

LOL

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Melissa, I sorry, I'm a Pixie, a Special type of Fairy.

Pixies and their nearest cousins the Woodland Fae live very close to the earth. They take on the darker hues of the plants and trees that they live amongst, as protection from humans and predatory animals.

They gather at dusk to sit together in quiet places to share their meals and discuss events of the day.
    They have a great bond with the small animals and birds that they live near to, and much of their time is spent rescuing distressed creatures and caring for them.

Pixies have a particular talent - they make music using the wind. They channel it through leaves and reeds of grass to get the different tones and intonations. Humans can sometimes hear the music if they listen carefully. Most humans are too busy and noisy to hear the beautiful wind music.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

when we go to the creek and when we are close to wooded area's i can hear a slight music, its like the woods and leaves are playing music or GOD is talking, it is so weird!! when we were at the creek last summer, i had talla and tabor listen to the "music" and they had a blast! we of course were trying to discuss where maybe it was coming from. LOL

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Its my Pixie friends Michelle :)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Michele, you are such a sweetheart! I love that Talla and you sent such a pretty surprise box to out Pixie friend!

I spent the afternoon outside in the sunshine today cleaning out my old yicky front flower bed and raking up leaves. The boys all helped bagging it all up after school. It is so nice to be out there and making some progress.

Bunny, you inspired me, I am collecting all our long fallen branches and getting ready to make a teepee for the kids. I got quite a few already, now I need the back part of the yard to dry up so I can get the rest that I see back there. It will look so neat with all these amazing morning glory seeds I have received in trades after they all grow up the branches. I can't wait to get going on that.

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

they sing beautiful music!! i love to just sit and listen to it!! my hubby is letting me order some more stuff from novosel, how awesome is he??? sometimes when i think i just wanta just really get rid of him, or something, (ya know, the meds we'rent working right so i'm getting them adjusted) and then he turns around and does something nice like that!! how sweet is he?? :'))
    awwww tracy your kids are so nice!! i wish mine was that nice!! i guess i have to put a boot in his buns as someone told me once!!! LOL

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Michele, they are good kids, it has taken years of barking orders to get some things done the first time I ask. It was unusually easy to get the help today. Probably because it was so nice out and I did all the hard work of raking it all up into a pile before they came home from school. All they had to do was hold open a bag and stuff the leaves in. Ted, Jack and Dan did the pile of leaves in the back and then Pat and I took care of the front bed, tons of mg vines, leaves, sticks, not to mention all the trash that blows into the yard from the litter bugs driving down our little country road! Grrrrr!

Now comes the fun part, demolition! Ha ha ha ha! I am tearing out all the bushes in the front, all the old plantings and bringing in a bunch of dirt to raise up the bed. I will be planting out some of the hydrangeas that I picked up last year that are holding over in the shade garden along with a bunch of perennials that I ws'd. I have more babies popping in my containers so I am a happy camper! It might snow this weekend, not too excited about that but it is supposed to warm right back up again.

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ohhh man i'd love to have hydrangea's that could grow in ks that i could put out and leave out all winter in ks, on the north side, cuz thats where our planting space is, ahhhhhh. our house is on the south end of our property and the road is on the north and the west of the property. i think the people behind us are taking out all the tree's on the east side. i hope so!! then i will plant lots of stuff there!! on MY side of the property. LOL i might put up a fence cuz her kids play football and i don't want them running into my flowers. eiks!!! i'm not sure yet. i like them they are very nice people! and their kids are very respectful! and i don't believe that fences make nice neighbors, but for my flowers that may be there it might work. not a tall one, but a short inexpensive one, whatchya think???
    i know!! grant said we are supposed to get snow this weekend too, HELLOOOOOO NO MORE SNOW!!!!! i'm so tired of snow!!! april 21st get here!!! LOL i just planted a crap load of tomatoe seeds, including roma. i hear they are supposed to be good for something with canning and such. so, this year i'm trying really hard to get it all right!!
    i think i have to start some more b peppers from seeds just to make sure!! i can never be to sure!! LOL i want my garden to be great, LOL (don't we all) :')) but most of all i want to have a great canning time this year!! i need to do lots of beets!! in fact tons of them!! and i want to do lots of like picante sauce!! we eat alot of that!! and diced tomatoes!! i put that in everything when i can!! maybe i can make chili and can it!! that would be cool!! we freeze veges' but i am not good at the cooking things to the taste, they always taste green still. ohhhh and spaghetti sauce! i want to make lots of my own stuff!! what else?? any idea's?? beans-pinto and those red beans!! hmmm, wonder if i can grow the ones out of the bag?? LOL hmmmmm experiment. i LOL
    yes its a rainy day and i'm soooooo bored!! LOL HEE HEE
    i hope everyone is having a great day!! :'))

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ohhhh man we just had a like 10 min storm and it tore the north side of the plastic off, and i only have a little bit of plant damage!! WHEW!! but now i have to get some lavender. it knocked over my one planter that had my lavender seeds in it. so i have peanuts all over the yard, we didn't know what it was at first, LOL well i put it in my planter, cuz my planter is so heavy!!! well, on the other hand i get to plant other stuff in it now!! LOL
    so tabor went out and fixed the north side for me, he is soo sweet!! man sometimes i could just totally hug him forever, but could you imagine how he'd hate tht!!??@@ LOL

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Good morning everyone! T.G.I.F. and its mud day!! YEA lol We are getting the soil for my raised gardens today. We were supposed to do it last weekend but with DH working long hours and Saturdays and I HAD to go to that garden show last Saturday and then family things all day Sunday there was no way we could squeeze it in. So now when DH gets off today, we are going to get it. I will probably be in the mud all weekend - can't wait!Good thing too cause my veggies and flowers are starting to beg for it. Wish I could just plant things in the ground around here. I'll start working on amending some sites later in the summer - maybe next year will be better.

Michele - what an awesome surprise - such a very sweet thing for you and the kids to do for Pixie - I know you made her very happy! I love that Shirley Goodnest story - too funny! Oh I think I may have some lavender seeds I could send you. I'll check in a little bit. Did you get those other ones I sent you recently?

Tracy - sounds like you have been a busy bee. Good that the kiddies help you out. Am excited that your ws'ing babies are popping up. I can't believe ya'll are still having cold weather. Loved that beautiful pic of you and family - you too bunny - what wonderful families! Michele and Pixie - where are your pics??? lol

I never really thought about how different the temps are between north and south until now. Our "cold" front that is coming in this weekend will put us down to the mid 40s for a few nights but our daytime highs will be in the upper 60s and 70s. Its been in the 70s and 80s all week. Thats why I've be MIA so much - been in the yard all day mostly.

I have to say I really admire you home-schooling moms! What a major undertaking. Even if I had been able to stay home from work when my kiddies were young, i don't know that I could have done it. Bravo for you!!!

Have a great day everyone - hope everyone warms up soon! *Sending warm weather your way*!
    Hugs
    Em
    (Miss Emily to Pixie) LOL

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

oh yes i did! thank you so much!! oh my i forgot to tell you!! another moment!! i've been having alot of them lately!!
    thanks! we are still taking the tests with all thats going on, and talla being sick and all. she decided to get sick with her daddy! geez she's so much like him! just with my attitude!! poor child!! LOL

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ok this is sooooo funny!! grant is like so addicted to that math.com !! he has it in his fav. he has made it to 402 in the coffee shop! he is soo happy! he wants to beat the other persons score!
    talla just completed the k12 test. she's 1st math and k language, it didn't really say about the reading. he still needs to finish the tests. so off to finish the stuff!! hope everyone is having a great day!! hugs!! :'))

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Thank you and Thank you fishy mama!!! talla had been on that site and omgoodness, she spent over an hour on it!! and found a garden shop! WOW did she love it!! LOL ***BIG HUGS*** she is now wanting to read!! WOO HOO!! Thank you so much from the top to the bottom of my heart!! :'))

• veeja11
    16 years ago

I received a wonderful box from Jamie, orange tulip bulbs, delphinum, columbine and aster seeds, lipstick, lip balm a cut spring bag, avon nail file, hand lotion,lavendar grow kit, sandal picture frame. I love it all. I have met Pixie and she is a fairy, cute, sweet and light on her feet. hugs to Fox, miss Pixie. it is in the 60's here today but frost on windows in morning, planted onions today, walla walla sweets happy gardening my new friends
    carol

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

that is sooo cool!! WOW!! a lavender grow kit!! :'))
    now talla wants to know what color your wings are?? :')) i said i would ask you :'))
    now i just got this in the mail, almost made me bawl like a baby!! its so touching!! i hope it don't make anyone mad, or anything
    She jumped up as soon as she saw the surgeon come out of the operating room. She said: 'How is my little boy? Is he going to be all right? When can I see him?'

The surgeon said, 'I'm sorry. We did all we could, but your boy didn't make it.' Sally said, 'Why do little children get cancer? Doesn't God care any more? Where were you, God, when my son needed you?'
    The surgeon asked, 'Would you like some time alone with your son? One of the nurses will be out in a few minutes, before he's transported to the university.'
    Sally asked the nurse to stay with her while she said good bye to son. She ran her fingers lovingly through his thick red curly hair. 'Would you like a lock of his hair?' the nurse asked. Sally nodded yes. The nurse cut a lock of the boy's hair, put it in a plastic bag and handed it to Sally.
    The mother said, 'It was Jimmy's idea to donate his body to the University for Study. He said it might help somebody else. 'I said no at first, but Jimmy said, ' Mom , I won't be using it after I die. Maybe it will help some other little boy spend one more day with his Mom ..' She went on, 'My Jimmy had a heart of gold. Always thinking of someone else. Always wanting to help others if he could.'
    Sally walked out of Children's Mercy Hospital for the last time, after spending most of the last six months there. She put the bag with Jimmy's belongings on the seat beside her in the car.
    The drive home was difficult. It was even harder to enter the empty house. She carried Jimmy's belongings, and the plastic bag with the lock of his hair to her son's room.
    She started placing the model cars and other personal things back in his room exactly where he had always kept them. She lay down across his bed and, hugging his pillow, cried herself to sleep.
    It was around midnight when Sally awoke. Lying beside her on the bed was a folded letter. The letter said:
    'Dear Mom ,
    I know you're going to miss me; but don't think that I will ever forget you, or stop loving you, just 'cause I'm not around to say 'I Love You'. I will always love you, Mom , even more with each day. Someday we will see each other again. Until then, if you want to adopt a little boy so you won't be so lonely, that's okay with me. He can have my room and old stuff to play with. But, if you decide to get a girl instead, she probably wouldn't like the same things us boys do. You'll have to buy her dolls and stuff girls like, you know.
    Don't be sad thinking about me. This really is a neat place. Grandma and Grandpa met me as soon as I got here and showed me around some, but it will take a long time to see everything. The angels are so cool. I love to watch them fly. And, you know what? Jesus doesn't look like any of his pictures. Yet, when I saw Him, I knew it was Him. Jesus himself took me to see GOD! And guess what, Mom ? I got to sit on God's knee and talk to Him, like I was somebody important. That's when I told Him that I wanted to write you a letter, to tell you good bye and everything. But I already knew that wasn't allowed. Well, you know what Mom ? God handed me some paper and His own personal pen to write you this letter I think Gabriel is the name of the angel who is going to drop this letter off to you. God said for me t o give you the answer to one of the questions you asked Him 'where was He when I needed him?' 'God said He was in the same place with me, as when His son Jesus was on the cross. He was right there, as He always is with all His children.
    Oh, by the way, Mom , no one else can see what I've written except you. To everyone else this is just a blank piece of paper. Isn't that cool? I have to give God His pen back now He needs it to write some more names in the Book of Life. Tonight I get to sit at the table with Jesus for supper. I'm sure the food will be great.
    Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I don't hurt anymore the cancer is all gone.. I'm glad because I couldn't stand that pain anymore and God couldn't stand to see me hurt so much, either. That's when He sent The Angel of Mercy to come get me. The Angel said I was a Special Delivery! How about that?
    'When you're down to nothing, God is up to something.'
    lots of love!! many hugs medo! i think we have one more box left to hear about, is that right?? from momcat?

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

momcat did recieve hers, she just been having prob getting on at times. so that closes this one!! :'))

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Yeah the grow a flower with the garden fairy does seem popular around here too. I really love the K history lessons, lots of basic geography, map reading, and focuses on a country a week (Russia seem to be the favorite here, with the faberage eggs). K reading is the very beginning, and some starfall to use as letter pratice over the summer'll have her ready to go come fall (make sure she plays with speakers on to hear the letter sounds). Math 1 is fairly straightforward We're wrapping up numbers to 100 now with our math 1 kids (they send counting rods & cubes to make this easier for them).

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH