Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjc48

April FOTESS Swap-Part 2

sjc48
11 years ago

Good Morning Everyone!

The first swap site was filled, so I opened this one.

Lisa, Thanks for posting!

We still have 2 poems to go, folks!

Annie and Lisa, please post your poem here, when you receive, okay!?

It ain't over yet, folks!

Have a great day!

Shirley!

Comments (11)

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    11 years ago

It's even better than Xmas! It's one of those great days where everything is going my way...and it's better than xmas because I don't have to cook, lug around presents or make sure everyone is wearing appropriate clothing!
    What fun! My bingo prize came!
    I received 2 poem books. 1 is Walt Whitman "Song of Myself" and another "Rhyme and Reason" by Elinor Rose.

YEAST SANS FEAST
    Last night she thought the dinner fine;
    Her guests pronounced the food divine.
    This moring, though, her pride's upset;
    The rolls are in the oven yet.

I also received a fun envelope of Hummingbird Haven seed mix to plant and some Poet Stamps!
    Thank you! Thank you!
    Heidi

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OMG! Heidi, I've done that! Once with rolls, and once with the extra stuffing. Everyone was so bummed that there wasn't more stuffing - DUH!
    Glad you liked the prize!
    Shirley!

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    11 years ago

Hi,

I received a wonderful package from Corrine yesterday. She made me a cute card which was innovatively done using sections from recycled seed envelopes! It contained the following poem:

Green Envy

Like a little sprout peeking up
    Out of the soil with hope
    A single seed packet holds the
    Promise of more beauty and bounty
    Or something worse - green envy

It sneaks up on you so innocently
    Just one more packet
    Just in case
    Leads to another
    And another

Soon the basket is full
    So a few go back, but
    The rest must be kept
    Since you can't decide
    Which to let go

If only you could walk past
    That little seed rack without
    Looking or touching the packets
    Then you'd be safe
    Until your next shopping trip

Thank you Corrine - this was very creative! Also, Corrine was checking my seed "wants" list on GW, because she also included 16 seed packets of plants I always enjoy growing and can't get enough of:

Green Sword Cucumber, Parsley - Plain Italian, 2 packs of Cilantro/Coriander, Marigold - French Dwarf Double Mixed Colors, Cilantro - Slow Bolting, Eggplant - Japanese Pickling, Pepper - Hidalgo Chile, Bachelor Buttons Mix, Calendula - Dark Orange, Calendula - Mixed, Corydalis Lutea - Yellow, Hosta sieboldiana - Elegans, Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate, Marigold - Yellow, Cosmos.

She also included a few more surprise gifts! A set of 3 Eco Garden Pots with 3 packs of seeds and soil, and also a container of Dream Girl lip gloss, Shiseido Benefiance Nutriperfect Day Cream and Shiseido Benefiance Cleansing Foam.

Thanks for sending me such a nice package, Corrine. It is apparent how much thought you put in it for me and I really appreciate it!

Thanks also Shirley for doing a great job coordinating this swap!

Lisa :)

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

WOW! Great prose poem, Corrine! Also, good use of enjambment! Sounds like a very nice package all around!
    Thanks for posting, Lisa!

Another rainy day here, this is getting silly. I'm running out of "garden type stuff" I can do inside!

One more package to go and we can wrap this swap up!
    Talk to ya all later!
    Shirley!

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

I'm so glad Lisa got her package I sent out on Friday morning before we left for a 3 day weekend. I was surprised that my post with the DC number wasn't on the other thread. I must have made a mistake & it didn't post. It wasn't my intent to be silent about it being on the way.

We had a great weekend & it only rained at night until we were leaving yesterday morning. We didn't have any big garden projects this trip. I finished up the sedum garden with more plants from our place and added sprinkling of colorful sand & aquarium rocks. I sure hope his parents like the zany bit of color there along the sidewalk between the shed & the house. James added some French marigolds for the planters because the perennials weren't growing fast enough. I removed the lamium that was the yellow flowering invasive type & replaced it with a purple foliage euphorbia plus some trailing sedums. I should have taken pictures, but can another trip as they should be even better.

Happy May Day to all!

Corrine

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

LOL! I have also done the roll thing! The good part is after everyone has gone home...the kiddo's have a roll feast :)

Corrine, super poem! And I've done the aquarium rocks in my rock garden too. I stopped a few years ago at a yard sale and this man had giant plastic containers filled with different colored rocks...for only 50 cents a container. I bought all he had. :) I have pinks, greens, blues and even a sparkly black. Your right, the color is zany, but people really notice it :)

Happy May Day!
    vina

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Everyone!
    Vina, I froze my rolls, shared the stuffing with my neighbor! I remember that she asked why my family didn't like it!
    Well, it turned out to be a better day than I thought! I got all my "important" butterfly host/nectar plants in the ground!! Yea!!
    It still looks like a big mess out there, but actually, I begin to see light at the end of the tunnel!
    If I get another good day tomorrow, I'll get the salvias, penstemons, New England asters and the sneezeweed in the ground! I'm on a roll!!
    Hope everyone had a great day too!
    Shirley!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Had another great day planting out! It got to 83 today!
    Maybe this is the turnaround point in the weather!
    Hope everyone had a great day!
    Shirley

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Lisa, your wonderful "WHAT WAS I THINKING" package arrived. I opened it last night...what a delight!

Lisa, sent a lovely note. She also included the following.....
    * two photo cards...very nice
    * gardening gloves...can never have enough
    * hummingbird windchime...very cool
    * many seeds...GREAT selection!! Quite a few of my wants...fantastic!
    Slendererette Green Bush beans
    Beet Detroit Dark red, Morses Strain
    Columbine Tequila Sunrise
    Hollyhock Peaches N Dreams
    Scabiosa Summer Fruits
    Sunflower Starburst
    Cornflower Blackball
    Dr. Lyle Tomato
    Humph Tomato
    Zogola Tomato
    KBX Tomato
    Northern Lights Tomato
    Mary Robinson German Bi-color Tomato
    Sunflower Sunspot
    Sunflower Razzmatazz mix
    Sunflower Chianti
    Amaranth Molten Fire
    Amaranth Autumns Touch
    Scabiosa Summer Berries
    Nasturium Moonlight

And the poem....Lisa, I love it.

NEED FOR SEED

The Need For Seed
    Has Been Instilled In Me,
    By My Father, My Aunt
    And Grandmother Indeed!

So It's Not My Fault
    That I Crave To Sow
    Every Herb, Every Vegetable,
    Every Flower I Can Grow!

But One Thing I've Learned,
    With My Experience With Seed,
    "A Seed Is A Treasure,
    Until It Becomes A Weed!"

As well, Lisa, I wish you the most wonderful growing season. May your gardens be beautiful and delicious! I would wish you no weeds, but we all know that simply will not happen...LOL!!

Thank you very much! I so enjoyed!!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Hey all!

Annie, Nope, no sending me the same seeds. :D I looked some up and can't wait to give them a try. Thanks so much again!

"A Seed is a treasure,
    Until it becomes a weed"

LOVE THIS! I think I'm going to put this on a garden project that I'm doing this summer :)

Have a great night!
    vina

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lisa! What a GOOD poem! The whole package sounded like lots of fun!
    Thanks for posting, Annie!
    Well, that's the last of the poems/cards/seed packages for this swap, so we can close this one down!
    If you read back over the poems, you will notice that, like Lisa's poem, we each expressed how gardening, seeds and our friends have made such a difference in our lives, adding humor along with the contentment. Yeah, we may all seem like we are "addicted" but none of us seem very upset by that!
    I want to thank EVERYONE for taking part in this swap and taking the time to rack your brains to write the poem!
    See ya over on the May FOTESS Swap!
    Shirley!