Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjc48

New - May MNF Your Mom's Name Challenge!

sjc48
10 years ago

Hi Everyone, Happy Sunday and welcome to the May MNF Your Mom's Name Challenge!

Here's what we will be doing:

1. When you sign up, you will also post your Mom's first name or her initials or both. Also post her favorite flower and other interests. An interest you shared with her would be nice too!

2. You will be sending a Mother's Day/Spring card along with seeds, gardening stuff, etc to your partner using the letters of your partner's Mom's name, ie, example: My Mom's name was Alma. My partner will send:
A - astragalus seeds
L- lantana seeds
M - small gardening item starting with the letter "M"
A - small gardening item starting with the letter "A"

3. You can use any combination of seeds and items for the letters. You can send all seeds or all gardening stuff.

1. Now, that's pretty challenging, but I thought we should go for "REALLY" challenging and:
    SPEND $5 OR LESS ON THE WHOLE PACKAGE, NOT INCLUDING POSTAGE!!

5.Now that's Challenging! I think it can be done, use your imagination and be creative! PLEASE DO YOUR BEST TO STAY AT $5 FOR YOUR PACKAGE!

6. Sign-ups will be held until May 4th with partners assigned that day, and you will have until May 19th to mail out.

7. Use your own descretion on how to mail; I'm going to try and use a small bubble envie or a small flat rate box.

8. A DC# is required.

9. I'll be posting a game after sign-ups are over!

1. Any questions, concerns, helpful advice?

Anyone ready for a Challenge?

Shirley

Comments (86)

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Zackey, responded to your email!!! Sent you my address.
    Dawn, received your address and responded back to your email.

Happy Tuesday!

Annie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Everybody!
    Just checking in.
    Vina, I'm getting your Challenge together, slowly but surely! The "R" is really a challenge, but I'm working on it!

Is everyone getting addresses from their partners? Let us hear from you, okay?

Have a good evening and a great Wednesday!
    Shirley!

• zzackey
    10 years ago

R could be anything red. It is a real challenge to match up letters with what seeds I have and what goodies I can buy. I'm not complaining! My brain needs a challenge now!!

• MoonFire
    10 years ago

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Mother's Day in advance in case I don't get on here around that time...I've enjoyed reading about all of your mom's and the pics :)

My mom is definitely 1 of a kind as is her 1st name (Westa)...she loves dogwoods, grancy greybeards, and things she really doesn't have to spend time on for the most part...she's not really got my love for plants but I do have good memories of when I was a kid we'd hook a wagon up to our lawn mower and mom and me and my sis would get in the wagon and take a picnic lunch or snacks and some milk jugs of frozen water that would thaw as the day went to drink....we'd ride through the woods and look for wild dogwoods, honeysuckle, and other wild plants that she likes or we'd go to the river and fish or spend the day swimming...

This mother's day weekend we'll be going down to Gulf Shores to watch my girls softball tournament ...hubby will be coming in from work sometime tonight or tomorrow so he will be here for Mother's Day also and it will be us, our kids, and my mom...hope the weather stays nice :)

Ok I've rambled on enough...ya'll all take care and have a Happy Mother's Day ---- Dianne

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

Dianne, Thanks for sharing your story about your mom. Sounds like a lovely childhood memory. The best to you and your mom on Mother's Day. Jen

• zzackey
    10 years ago

Is Vina sending seeds to me? I haven't heard from her.

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Zackey, I'm sure Vina will be in touch soon! If you would rather, you could email her, by GW and send your address.
    Or wait, if that's better for you. There are never any problems with Vina!

And thanks for the hint about "red"!

Not so great day at work, glad to be home. I'll post more later!
    Shirley!

• zzackey
    10 years ago

I'll wait a few days to hear from her. It always feels better to be home! Sorry you had a bad day at work. Mine wasn't real fun on Saturday. It rained all day. Not many customers in my dept. But the great thing is I still got paid the same anyway!!

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Evening Everyone!

So sorry I've been MIA~ this week has been a pickle to say the least. On Monday, my little boy was injured at preschool. Total accident. He and his friend were hugging at the end of the day, they lost their balance and fell, tushy over tea kettle... his friend hit the floor, my baby hit the edge of the table with his head. Sliced a 1 inch gash behind his ear on his head, sliced his ear open, and left an actual gash of missing skin from his ear on the front.

I pick the kiddos up everyday, so when I arrived they told me to go right to the nurse. When I got their he had blood everywhere! Head injuries sure do like to bleed! Had to rush him into the dr's. They gave him liquid stitches, 4 runs of them, and a shot in case of infection. Poor kid, Tuesday, doesn't he rip one of stitches and have to go back and have them re-done.

This has been my week thus far... poor booger he's only 4! ;( His little friend is fine. It seems my boy got the brunt of it. Little boys and their accidents...

Anyhoo...zackey, can you please send me your addy. I will start working on your mom package this weekend. :)

Hope everyone has a super MOM's DAY! :D

Talk to you later!
    vina

• zzackey
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear about your son, Vina. Poor baby! I hope the rest of your week is uneventful! I'll email you my address.

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Geez, Vina, sure hope he is okay, poor little guy!

And what are liquid stitches?

That Iris is stunning! Is that your heirloom from your Mom?

Have a great Thursday, All!
    Shirley!

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Morning all!

Thank you for all the well wishes. Billy is feeling better. :)

Zackey, got your email. :) THANKS!

The liquid stitches are like a glue...I swear its like a thick super glue! They put it on a layer at a time, waiting for one layer upon another layer to dry. The old needle and thread stitches seem to be a thing of the past. I can't believe how well the glue ones look! It's really amazing!

No Shirley, that's not my heirloom. That's one of my dwarfs blooming right now. Funny story, I was out last week mulching and weeding thinking...GEE! WHY do I have so many iris'. LOL! And then, the first one bloomed....and...it was like...OH YEAH!! That's why!! :D
    I think that was my AHA moment for the week.

This is a picture of my family's heirloom. Don't know if this is a hybrid of other heirlooms or if this one actually has a name. I've been trying to get it ID, but, no one seems to know what it is.

Today, my Brownie troop is doing their Community Service Project for spring. We're planting a garden in front of the post office in town. Not a big one, but, we will have some daylilies, hostas, a few annuals, shepard hooks and hanging baskets. And, next week we will be making stepping stones and a home-made bird bath. We'll be using the leaf method that I saw on here earlier this year. Wish us LUCK! :)

Happy Thursday!
    vina

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Vina, I am so happy that young man Billy is OK. Boys and stitches....a boy would not be a boy without stitches at some point in his young life...LOL!!

And what a nice Brownie project at the PO!!!

Working on my "challenge" for Dawn.....

Happy Thursday!

Annie

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

Annie, so true about boys and stitches! Mine's a grownup 24 and he still hasn't learned how not to hurt himself :) He just says girls like scars...

Vina, how do you make the stepping stone and bird bath? Those sound like fun projects!

Dawn

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

Vina, I'm glad your son is healing well. I love your heirloom iris. I wish my neighborhood deer wouldn't eat mine each year...along with the hosta, stargazer lilies and anything else in their path. My mother would put corn out for the deer to eat. She had to limit her flower beds to just up against her house where they seldom ventured.
    Your Brownie garden project sounds like fun. I hope you post some photos of it. I cast a large elephant ear leaf a few years ago. It was so easy to do. Waiting for it to set was the hardest part. Here is a photo of it on an old tree stump.
    Hope everyone here has a fantastic Mother's Day!
    Jen

This post was edited by jensyen on Thu, May 9, 13 at 13:27

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Your heirloom is gorgeous, Vina!

Jen, that looks great! What a project, that looks very big!

Hi Dawn, Hi Annie!

AND!!! TA DA!! My very first Iris! Isn't it beautiful! I can't believe I got one to bloom! Took me two years.

Vina, this is one of the "Kochii" that you sent me two years ago. I have two clumps of it, if that is the right word. Others that I think will bloom are Quaker Lady, Mother Earth, Florentina, Ola Kala, President Pilkington and Alpine Storm, and some NOIDs. But even If they don't bloom, I am still just thrilled with this little one! There are two more buds on the plant. I am SO pleased! Emailed to all my co-workers! Also my daughter, and everyone back home in PA who have computers!

And just a thought: I think I mentioned that my Mom loved Iris's. And then this one blooms just in time for Mother's Day. Hi Mumma!

Shirley!

• nikkineel
    10 years ago

I love the pics of those beautiful Iris! Shirley, what a sweet blessing from your mother on mother's day! I got my box of goodies.... Thanks so much, Jen!!!
    She sent a sweet book "Everything I know I learned in my Garden", a beautiful mother's day card, a tin packed full of Sedum for my fairy garden, some seeds on my wish list: Salvia Lady in Red, Oregon snow peas, Coleus Black Dragon, Rain Lily Prairie Sunset, Impatiens, Heuchera firefly, and Lavender. To honor my mom:
    C - Candy
    O - Onion seeds (scallions)
    N - Napkins
    N-Notebook with a book mark with pressed flowers
    I- Impatiens seeds
    E- Emily Barnes book "Everything I know..."

She also did her initials:
    C-Caddy
    M-Magnet
    O-Oregon Snow peas

She even sent a little something for my daughter, Sarah Kate who saw my box and said, "Yay! mom are we doing gardening boxes again?" I don't know who gets more excited, me or her. She said, "I get to make her a card" - a little signature addition I always include on my trades. I'm happy that although she's a little older since my last swap (13), she still gets excited about helping...

So thanks Jen and Happy Mother's day!!!

Shirley, yours is still in the works. Have a great Friday yall!

Nik

Wow!!! Thank you so much for all the goodies.

• grdngramma
    10 years ago

For some reason I thought we had to mail by the 10th, which I did, but that's okay. Sent my package to Jensyn with tracking number of 9500 1105 6924 3130 4426 12. Hope you find something in there you like and can use.

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

Thanks, Grdngramma. I'm sure I will love what you send. And your welcome, Nikki. Glad you liked what I sent you. Have a wonderful Mother's Day, everyone!

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERONE!!

I have a couple of minutes to check the thread...

Shirley! That Kochii is so pretty! Mine haven't bloomed yet...I can't wait!! So glad they are all doing so well. :) I received some dwarfs last year, Cherry Garden, in a swap. They are blooming the first year like crazy! I can't believe how many blooms they have right now. I think dwarfs are becoming a fast favorite in my garden, lol.

Jen, I love that birdbath!!! That is what we're aiming for, lol! I don't know if our execution will be so neat :) Cross your fingers and wish us luck! The bird baths and stepping stones are this week.

Our post office planting went better than expected! The girls had so much fun!!! Most of them have never, EVER planted anything before. They dug their hands right in to get dirty...then it started to rain! And they didn't even CARE! My co-leader Brenda and I were so impressed we just let them keep working till they were done. They even planted some hanging baskets with wave petunias. The ladies who work at the bank next door came over to tell them what a wonderful job they did. Even in the rain you could see them beaming! :D

If anyone has been following along with our guinea pig adventures...we finally got our baby at the end of last week...actually we have 2. One of the piggy's was expecting a litter, so we were waiting for her little bundles to arrive. We adopted 2 brothers. They are quite possibly the cutest things I have ever seen! They are 20 days old today. I must love my kids and these piggies because I used my free day last week to make them an adequate cage. The ones at the store were too small for me...they didn't look right. So I used the pictures on the internet and made our own. It's good size, the boys seem to like it. :) The kids have named our newest family members...Dozer and Cash (Dozer, because he is just like a bulldozer pushing everything over...and Cash for Johnny Cash (the man in black, lol)...yup! he's all black. If I can get a good pic of them I'll post it later :)

Did I mention how CUTE they are! :)

Happy Mother's Day!!!
    vina

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Happy Mother's Day!
    Hope everyone had a great day,
    Shirley!

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

Grdngramma, I want to thank you for everything you sent me to honor my mom. Thank you for the lovely beaded plant hanger. I just love the colors. It will look very pretty in my sun room filled with petunias. You really impressed me finding seeds for the name Josephine. Love the selection of seeds you sent.
    Hope you had a great Mother's Day, Jen

This post was edited by jensyen on Mon, May 13, 13 at 18:42

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Everyone, hope you all had a great Monday. Mine wasn't, but I got to come home at the end of it all, so it worked out well!

Thought I'd better post an update, so we can see where we are with the swap:

Annie sends to Dawn (Nancy)

Dawn sends to Grdngramma (Annamyrtle - ATB)

Grdngramma sends to Jensyen (Josephine - JAFR) - Sent and Rec'd

Jensyen sends to Nikki (Connie - CMO) - Sent and Rec'd

Nikki sends to Shirley (Alma - ALD)

Shirley sends to Vina (Carol - CJF)

Vina sends to Zackey (Bernie)

Zackey sends to Annie (Rosemary - RKH).

The packages that have already been sent sound really great! Lots of neat stuff! GrdnGramma, that planter sounds really pretty! And Thank you, Ladies, for posting when you have sent out, and the DC#s,

We still have about a week for mailing out. Don't anyone panic yet!

Vina, yes, please post pics of your new adopted ones! We had Hamsters, what a riot, they kept escaping from their cages. Chewed holes in my new bedroom carpeting. My husband was not happy, wasn't too pleased to find one in his work boots one morning either. Cie Le Guerre!

Also, Vina, your challenge is almost ready to go. It has become a challenge for real. I'm currently stuck on the J. And I had an A, but what was it, and where did it go? And why am I fixating on the F? I don't need an F, do I?
    AAAGGGHHH!

And Jensyen, thank you for all the Happy Mother's Day wishes. I kind of dropped the ball on that, but I hope that everyone had a beautiful day!

Have a great week, everyone!
    Shirley!

• zzackey
    10 years ago

J= Junipers, Joquins, Johnny Jump ups, jasmine, Jollytime popcorn! LOL! I couldn't resist that one! Jessamine.

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Dawn, I am working on this mommy challenge....I hope to get it mailed out in the next couple of days!

Cool packages thus far and creative as well!

Happy Tuesday!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Evening!

LOL! Shirley, still working on taking a good pic of the boys. They are so fast!! By the time I'm focused their gone, lol! And, nope, no F. Unless your doing initials and not my mom's name...that's okay too :) Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I mailed out Zackey's box on Monday. The DC# is: 9505 5102 6277 3133 3140 72

I used your mom's initials, and I used some creativity for them, lol. Hope that's okay. I had a great time packing up your box! Hope you enjoy :)

Cool out today. We had a hard frost last night. Hopefully, this will be the last one till fall...crossing my fingers XXX.
    Suppose to be in the upper 70's by Friday. WOOHOO!

Want to finish my mulch and move some of my plants around. My Rudbeckia Herbstonne def. needs to be moved. I'm thinking of planting it around my Purple Martin house. I think it will cover up the large pole holding up the house...at least a lot better than the Red Hot Poker that's there right now.

Happy Gardening!
    vina

ps. my back corner flowerbed last summer :)

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Okay!! I got some :)

I hope these all come out okay. Here is a pic of the cage that I built for the boys :) I'm so proud of this cage! Never built one before.

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Here's our newest babies :)

Cash and Dozer

Taylor and I made them their stuffed furniture :)

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Okay, LOL! One last pic...

My newest Dwarf: Cherry Garden. LOVE THIS! :D

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good job on the cage, Vina! Looks like they have all the comforts of home! Cash and Dozer look really cute, how many do you have? Did you say one was expecting? Good thing you made the cage big. Or it was good practice for building another for Mom and babies!

The Cherry Garden is gorgeous! My Kochii is on it's third bloom! So far, nothing else from the others.

I finished sewing my dining room chair covers tonight! And I got the curtains all "mapped out" just need to stitch them up. I used two different prints, with all the same colors, might look a little hectic, we'll see. If it is too loud, I have lots of the the dark print to make two more. One more day at work and then 4 days off!! Lots of projects and plans, hope my sleeping "sickness" doesn't kick in!

I wish I could get a good picture of my Jack Frost Brunnera, it is really pretty right now. Some how, my camera refuses to catch the blue color. If I get a good one, will post it.

Zackey, thanks for all the helpful hints!

Happy Wednesday, Annie, and All!
    Shirley!

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

Grdngramma, your package was mailed Monday and should be there today or tomorrow :-) I wish I had a tracking number but my receipt took a vacation.... Like most things though, it'll show up about two weeks after its no longer needed. I hope you and your granddaughters enjoy it and that it reminds you of your mom!

Dawn

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Good Day MNF'ERS,

Dawn, I sent your way yesterday! Happy belated Mothers Day to you and your Mum!
    DC tracking # 9500 1106 6880 3135 5158 43

Vina...are the children, Cash and Dozer, sleeping in Taylor's bedroom? Lucky boys, they even have "custom" furniture!!

Jen, your cast leaf project has been on my list of things to do. Love this!

Enjoy your Thursday!

Annie

• nikkineel
    10 years ago

I hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day. Shirley, I sent your package today: tracking number is 9505510919373136482269 (usps.com). It should arrive on Saturday.
    Loving those pics Vina. You are a brave soul. We currently have a bird, a dog, a cat, and 2 turtles taking up residence at our place and that is plenty!
    Happy Thursday!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Everyone, just a quick check in before I hit the bed; spent ALL day outside planting. Got lots done!

Vina, your challenge will be going out on Saturday; never did find the A, but came up with a reasonable substitute!

And here's an update on the swap. We are, or rather you are all doing well with getting the packages out on time, Way to Go, Ladies! I on the other hand, am running it right down to the wire!

Annie Sent to Dawn (Nancy)

Dawn Sent to Grdngramma (Annamyrtle - ATB)

Grdngramma sends to Jensyen (Josephine - JAFR) - Sent and Rec'd

Jensyen sends to Nikki (Connie - CMO) - Sent and Rec'd

Nikki Sent to Shirley (Alma - ALD)

Shirley sends to Vina (Carol - CJF)

Vina Sent to Zackey (Bernie)

Did I miss anyone?

Off to bed, more planting and organizing tomorrow!
    Shirley!

• grdngramma
    10 years ago

Got my mother's day package from dmkelly--it was a delight to open. Here's an abbreviated version:
    A=Allium (live plant, flowers blooming)
    N=Nippers (cool floral pattern on them)
    N=No weeds (I already have plenty of those--lol)
    A=All cherry tomatoes (seeds for several different kinds)
    M=Muscari (live plant, wonderful)
    Y=Yarrow (live plant, more wonderful)
    R=Yarrow (live plant, even more wonderful)
    T=Trowel (cool floral pattern, matches nippers)
    L=Lots of veggies (about 2 dozen packs of seeds)
    E=Eggplant seeds

Much appreciated. Put a lot of thought and creativity into this, sure brightened up my spring. Thanks very, very much Dawn.

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

Grdngramma, so glad you liked it! I had a blast putting it together :)

• zzackey
    10 years ago

I got Vina's package on Wednesday. boy that got here fast! You must have over nighted it! It had been unsealed and the mail lady had taped it up. Cool chooses! I've never grew iris before. My mom had two big beds of them. How funny is that?? I love your creativity, Vina!! I can hardly wait to see them bloom. I also got a nice card. She used some pretty colored tissue paper and some had sparkles on it. Very pretty! It made my day! Thanks!!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Vina!!
    Your MOM's Challenge is on it's way! DC# 950551073138384387. It should be there Monday. And, I DID need an F, lucky I obsessed about it!

And, Nikki, your Challenge arrived today and I have to say, you rose to the Challenge quite nicely! What a wonderful package!

Here's what Nikki sent:
    To honor my Mom:
    A: Asclepias tuberosa seeds
    L: Lemondrop basil and Larkspur seeds
    M: Mexican sunflower seeds (tithonia, just got done planting 9 huge clumps of this, it is one of the best butterfly attractors I have ever found, thank you, thank you!!)
    A: Annuals for the garden: Cosmos "Forever Yours" and "Double Click)" Wish me luck on these, I cannot grow any of the cosmos other than the Cosmics. But I WILL try!

Nikki also sent a beautiful bookmark to honor my Mom's and I shared love of reading.
    Also a "Hummingbird Plant", from her own garden, which I have never heard of. It's going in that large planter that currently holds a dying buddleia. Thanks!

And last but not least!! A"Mom's Special" Dahlia. This really brought back memories! Something I had completely forgotten about my Mom. She used to belong to a dahlia growing group. And all the ladies in the group were quite competitive! One lady had a whole field of Dahlias! And I can clearly hear my Mom muttering to herself and casting aspersions on the lady who bought that "special one of a kind" dahlia, before Mumma had a chance to get it! I don't think my mother lasted long in the group.

Nikki, Thank you so much! You did a great job on the Challenge!

And now, back outside. No, even after two full days out there, I am still not finished. AGGGHHH!

On the other hand, the squirrels haven't dug up any of the pansies, and it hasn't rained and washed out all those Cleome seeds, so there is some good here!

Tomorrow is the deadline for mailing. I think everyone has mailed out, I could be wrong. I'll be back later with an update, so we know where we stand.

Have a great Saturday!
    Shirley!

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

Annie,

Your package made it here and it was wonderful surprise! My favorite candy bar, tea to drink on the deck, napkins that remind me of the beach, a fun variety of seeds (I'm going to sit here and look them up since it's a rainy day), and a marker for my sage bush- that beast "ate" my garden flamingo so all you can see it the head sticking out. We call it a flamingo bush but now it'll have a proper name tag.

Thanks you so so much!!!
    Dawn

• nikkineel
    10 years ago

Shirley, so glad you liked your package. The Dahlia reference is so precious. I hope it grows for you and makes you smile when you remember your mom.

I see other great packages arriving. This has been a fun swap - thank you all for having me back after a loooong break.

Have a great weekend!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, that Buddleia wasn't dying, so the Hummingbird Plant has gone into a temporary holding container until I can go buy some more soil and a nicer pot. Wish the Buddleia would make up it's mind.

And here's the update I promised you yesterday:

Annie Sent to Dawn (Nancy) who Rec'd;

Dawn Sent to Grdngramma (Annamyrtle - ATB) who Rec'd;

Grdngramma Sent to Jensyen (Josephine - JAFR) who Rec'd ;

Jensyen Sent to Nikki (Connie - CMO) who Rec'd

Nikki Sent to Shirley (Alma - ALD) who Rec'd

Shirley Sent to Vina (Carol - CJF)

Vina Sent to Zackey (Bernie) who Rec'd;

And it looks like we are waiting on Vina to receive and Zackey to send to Annie.

Zackey, did I miss your post where you sent to Annie or are you still getting ready to send to her? Please let me know.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
    Shirley!

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Happy Sunday,

I received from my package from Zackey yesterday...just opened it up!!!
    Thanks so much for all the seeds...12 packets....great variety....Hollyhocks, Lupines, Rose of Sharon, Basil, Hibiscus, Radish, Hyssop, Kale, Rudebeckia...a new Rudebeckia for me, "Marmalade"!!!

Another super swap Shirley!!!!!

Enjoy your day!!

Annie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Annie, Thanks for posting! Sounds like some great seeds!

You know what, Ladies? As soon as Vina receives from "lets run it down to wire" ME, this swap will be over. Good Grief! We still have a week and a half of May to go!

SOOOOO......would anyone like to play a game, you know, the game I promised you back at the beginning of the swap?

In any event, I'll post it tonight and we'll see how it goes! It's a word scramble and I have to go scramble the words!

Be back later!
    Shirley!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And here we go with a Mother/Daughter word scramble!

I've scrambled all our names along with our Moms for you to figure out! There was, however, a problem. Some of the letters in the name were a dead give away as to what the name is. For instance, if you see a V, you can pretty much guess it's Vina. And come on, who else has a Z in their name? You're right, just Zackey!

So I simply deleted the first letter of each name! Now that should make it a real CHALLENGE!!

You and Your Mom are all in one scramble. And Grdngramma, Jensyen, and Zackey, those are the names I used for you.

You have until Thursday to email me your unscrambled words. DON"T POST YOUR ANSWERS HERE!

I'll post the winner Thursday evening. In the event of a tie or 7 right answers, there will be a tiebreaker!

MOTHER/DAUGHTER SCRAMBLE:

e I I k n I o k n

l a a I r n o

y r e a m o n n m g t r r a a n

r a e e c y n I e k

a a c n w n y

o e I e n s n n h p e s

y l h m e I r a l

m n y e e n s I o

I think I got these all right. Good Luck, All!!

Rsyehil !

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Good morning!

I've RECEIVED!! :) My super box from Shirley!

In my MOM was:

C:
    Candy: Jolly Rancher Bites...the kids LOVE these!!
    Columbine: Pink/White
    Cleome: Pink...THANK YOU! Mine fizzled out this spring :( late frost...now I can start again AWESOME!
    Cards, handmade by Shirley, of course! I love your cards! You are so talented!!

A:
    A pack of 4'O Clocks :)

R:
    Roses..these are going right out in my ceramic container the kids made me for mother's day. I've been trying to get to the store to put some flowers in there...and here they are! :D

O:
    OOOHHH BOY! Life Savers..Right up there with CHOCOLATE in my book! Terrific!

L:
    Lint Roller, lol! How did you know...piggy hair is very sticky :)

F:
    Magnet Picture Frame...I just, and I mean, just yesterday, went and bought one of these for Taylor to put the boys picture in her locker. This morning Billy wanted me to put his picture in a frame to do the same thing...YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!! LOL!!! life saver...see 'O' :)

Shirley also included a beautiful hand made card for me, and one for my mom. I won't open her's, but, I just know she'll be so tickled you thought of her. THANK YOU!!

Zackey, the iris' names are written on the leaf and I hope the daylily made it there okay too. "S" Strawberry Candy Daylily...lol! It bums me a little to think the box was open :(

This was such a super fun swap! Thank you Shirley for having such creative and fun ideas for us...

YOUR AWESOME!!

Have a super day!!
    vina

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Everyone!
    Thanks, Vina, I DID have a super day, even if I did have to go back to work!

I'm glad you liked your Challenge! Actually, I always have two or three lint brushes around, two cats, guess that says it all!

I saw this Iris on my way home from work tonight, there was a whole clump of them growing two doors down!

Have a great Tuesday!
    Shirley!

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Vina, what a "MOM" from Shirley!!

Shirley, trying to figure out your scramble!!!

Annie

• zzackey
    10 years ago

I'm glad you like the seeds, Annie. Any tips on iris growing would be appreciated. I've never grown them. I have them in 1 gallon pots now until my flower bed gets redone. Do they like regular fertilizer? How much water? They are having some of the bottom leaves die. I've kept them watered, plus it rains about 3 times a week here now. I'm enjoying not doing alot of hand watering!! zackey

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello All!
    Just wanted to thank everyone for joining in this swap. I had fun and hope you did too. I loved how everyone met the "challenge" of our Mom's names!

I'm not sure who is the hostess for MNF for June, but I'm sure she will be posting soon with a new swap!
    Have a great Memorial Day weekend,
    Shirley!

• nikkineel
    10 years ago

Thanks for hosting Shirley! I couldn't meet the challenge of the scramble but had fun trying! Looking forward to the next swap. Have a great Friday!

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler