Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

update: mnf: after dark round robin #3

hazelnutbunny
16 years ago

The other thread was full, so I'm posting this one.

And hopefully I've gotten everyone paired, if not, PLEASE let me know!

Be sure to post or email your sending partner with the Delivery Confirmation Number so they can anticipate getting it by it's progress! Can't wait to see what kinds of goodies everyone gets! So be sure to list them!

I'll be emailing everyone today with their partner's info and then leave ya'll to it!

jaleeisa Sends to lindaruzicka

lindaruzicka Sends to pamperedavonchefof3

dirt_under_my_nails Sends to nikkineel

hazelnutbunny Sends to jaleeisa

happyseed Sends to debbya

fishymamas Sends to shadymeadow

medontdo Sends to emsgarden

allisonlwise Sends to llbean

emsgarden Sends to dan_the_mailman

shadymeadow Sends to medontdo

debbya Sends to fishymamas

veeja11 Sends to allisonlwise

pamperedavonchefof3 Sends to sassybutterfly_2008

nikkineel Sends to newarkslones

dan_the_mailman Sends to veeja11

llbean Sends to dirt_under_my_nails

newarkslones Sends to happyseed

sassybutterfly_2008 Sends to hazelnutbunny

Comments (150)

• medontdo
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

LOL i have NO idea?? if we move i really have no idea?? LOL i'll have LOTS of food!! that's for sure!! once i figure out whats food!! LOL hmmmmm......i know at least half of the winter sowing stuff is food!! HEE HEE now i told hubby i'll need a small uhaul for my plants!! **big grin** the key is BEFOR they grow!!! LOL

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

WOWSER Michelle!!!!

You can open your own nursery!!!! I bet the Fairys and Pixies love playing hide and seek between all those seedlings!!!!!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i hope so!! talla will just love it!! i can hear some music playing during the day, don't know where it comes from, but i can hear it!! LOL its just there!! i LOVE it!! :'>> i can't wait till we can get some stuff to make the sq ft boxes!! and get the dirt in there!! then my yard will look tons better!! litterally!! LOL and as soon as i find out anything on our "maybe move" i'll certainly let ya know!! tomarrow is his interview, we are leaving at 7 in the morning so he can get there early in the morning!! and we can visit with my dad more while he does the interview. :'>>

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Woowee! That there is a bunch of plants! Holy Moly! I am laughing so hard. Ed was peaking over my shoulder reading some of the posts and then he saw your containers. I told him that I do not want to hear any more griping about my ws pot ghetto, it could be a lot bigger, SEE?! LOL! Michele you are going to need something a bit bigger than a small uhaul, I'm thinking a flatbed might be in order. :o) Tell Grant we said Good Luck to him! I hope your Dad is getting better and is feeling more like his old self! Big hugs!

Tracy

• dan_the_mailman
    16 years ago

so.....Michelle is now showing off her jugs too???

Sorry Michelle, I couldn't help it! LMBO & LMAO too!!!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i'll tell him!! ya ed is pretty lucky!! LOL you probably don't start every seed ya got so ya can get rid of them all!! LOL i still have a "few" LOL i think i'm gonna start collecting bulbs, alot easier i think!! uhhh maybe??? LOL

• medontdo
    16 years ago

ohhh ya know i had too!! LOL and topless no doubt!! LOL **big grinn** i read to grant what i was writing he just shook his head and laughed, he said you woman!!! LOL HEE HEE
    Smiley Face

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Michele - here's a pic of the fern root you sent me - its growing! Yea!

[IMG]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg258/EPClements/042008%20garden%20and%20plants/100_0710.jpg[/IMG]

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Someone tell me how to do this again please - am having an oldtimers moment again! lol

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

LMAO Made ma Kiddos look up I was laughin so hard!!! (old pic here but thats about what they looked like!!!)

Ducky, I don't think I will show Fox all the seedlings Michelle has!!!! He thinks I have too many so no need for any comments!

Michelle I think I need a rib sling now from laughing so hard at you going topless!! I bet Grant just laughs constantly right? lol No shocking him eh? Your a sweetie and a hoot girlie!!!

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Anyone know what this might be - popped up in yard - neighbor tells me prior owner planted it and that it is like a cross between a daylily and a amaryllis and that it is red and white

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm thinking it's a spider lily? The foliage looks very similar to the ones I have in my flower bed. They're a bit like naked ladies.
    Um...but you may want to get the other ladies opinions. :O) They know more than I do, most times!!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I have no clue but I have some very similar to that in my cottage bed so when ya find out let me know, maybe mine is the same! It looks pretty. Where is my Plant Guider??? DUCKYYYY where are you???? She always knows when I ask her "what the hades is this???" Melissa you have helped alot also you are super smart when it comes to plants!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i would say amaryllis but has too many of those leafs, i want spider lilys!!! ohhhh your sooo lucky!!! i really do have to get these guys ready for bed!! LOL but who really wants to?? LOL i don't ick and double ick.
    bethany said jareds things on his legs are looking a LITTLE bit better. ohhhh i feel so much better!! i just pray that sruff doesn't get into his blood!!
    yes occasionally he does crack up, when the house is clean!! LOL today he was and the house wasn't, but he was happy cuz all the plants were moved out, well most of them, LOL i still have a few more, and most of the seeds were enabled to someone else!! LOL HEE HEE so yep, he's happy, and i did promise to get this house in "order" whatever that means, LOL but it makes him happy, and its his night off work but he works in eskridge tonight, so he's home early. so ya know, he's ummm happy. ya. LOL
    WOW em!! she's starting to look pretty!! hopefully when we go to salina and such we'll see something i like for ya!! LOL i know ya don't need gloves :')) unless your hard on them!! LOL now tabor cuts the fingers out of gloves so he's hard on them and talla cut the fingers out of hers too. crazy girl. LOL but that was ok by me cuz it was her fake winter gloves, LOL they both need some reall garden gloves, that kid has hands about as big as mine!! he is almost as tall as me, he comes up to my nose now!! geez!! i need to put a cinder block on that kid!! but talla is catching up fast!! ahhhhh
    Smiley Face

i heard that next year they are coming out with a car that is gonna run on air, for "gas" how cool is that??!!! it was on the news. thats why they are getting rid of all these cars for dirt cheap and 0% interest. ya now i don't want a new truck!!! LOL

• dan_the_mailman
    16 years ago

this group just gets more interesting all the time! not only have I met a great group of fellow gardeners,
    but some of you ladies are now going topless, and once
    again there's talk about naked ladies.

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I THINK I'M IN LOVE!!!
    (or, is that just heartburn?)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    (somewhat maniacal laughter)

-dAn
    (putting final touches to tonights boxes)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I just found this picture of a hairy ball seed pod, my plant isn't large enough to bloom yet but in a couple weeks it should.

I am waiting on my nekkid ladies to bloom to see what color they are.

LOL @ the IN LOVE vs. Heartburn!!! This is a great group of gardeners and its soo nice that we are meeting new people!

WHOOOHOOO I have several lil cucumbers now and several lil toms too! I have tons of peppers that I need to do something with (I don't like spicy/hot foods lol but the guys do). This summer when all my "crops" are going I am going to sit out on the edge of town playing "Good Directions" by Billy Currington and selling veggies!! LMAO seriously!!! (OK SO Imma hick lmao!!!) I also promised Nan that I would make some "homemade dill pickles" lol. Oh well I am going to try!

Pixie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Ok, I did a search on spider lily foliage and from what I can tell in the pictures that I found the SL seems to have more spear like leaves coming up from the base of the plant in a bit of a fan shape. My Daylilies seem to be coming up in a stalk before they fan out more like what I am seeing of the one in the center of Ems picture. So I guess Daylily but definitely could be wrong...

My DL's are just starting to fan out. I am way behind yours in growth but catching up quick! It seems that some furry little critter has been munching on some of them recently... Thought we had an agreement, time for the paintball gun to come out of mothballs. I'm gonna have to splat a rabbit!

Trina, you have WAY too much faith in my id's! LOL! Love the pics of "the kiddos" given each other a hug (I hope that is what they are doing! LOL) Love your hairy ball by the way.

Michele, you are a shameless hussy, taking your top off in the front of your house like that! Good Grief! What did the neighbors say?

Here is a link that might be useful: the best foliage pic of SL I could find:o(

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

I have an amaryllis and its not the same thing. i looked up spider lily and it doesn't look the same. I wish I would have gotten a pic of them from the ground so you could see what the bottom of them look like. They are over an inch or two before the leaves come out. When we rented this house for those 10 months - I think my darlin dear hubby might have been cutting them down with the lawnmover or weedeater lol This is first time I am seeing them like this. Lots of lil babies coming up with the larger ones.

Michele - yes she is - I wanted to take a pic the other day when one lil leaf was popped up and starting to unfurl. I got sidetracked and thought about it today. No I do not need gloves LOL I haven't worn them out - YET lol keep in mind that aside from my b/f garden I have sunny areas in the front of the house. I need to start working on those beds soon too. So sunny, shady, bf/hb - not - its all good :)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

so i have a W I D E range to go!! LOL **onery laugh** LOL
    well the neighbors sure were looking to see what i was up to!! that's for sure!! LOL i don't think they had a clue what it was!! LOL gotta get to bed and sleep all. ya'll have a greaat night!! hope to have some kinda news tomarrow!! Hugs Medo!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Michele, I just caught that Jared's sores are looking better! Thank goodness! That is good news. I will keep praying that the infection gets under control.

Hugs,
    Tracy

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Thanks for the giggles girls, I'm feeling better this week. Put up all the nursery stuff I'd ordered, so I'm not staring at the boxes of cribs and such (mr fishy went a bit overboard with the baby buying).
    For some reason I don't think I have shady's address? (confession: I messed up outlook so bad that we had to port over to outlook 07 to fix it, a email may have gone into the abyss). I'm still looking for 1 item to tuck into my box, gonna drive into the city for work tomorrow, and do some looking there.
    Sending good thought out to you all tonight.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i sent ya an email :')) i'm sooo glad your feeling better!! and how is your mr fishy doing? i certainly hope better!!
    thank you for the prayers on my brother and dad and susie. its definately helping!! ***big huge hugs***
    Hugs Medo

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Got a quick question....Do daylilies have to be mailed 3 day? It was for a prize on another thread. They are pretty hardy buggers.Any thoughts?
    later...April/dirt

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Daylilies should be fine first class or parcel. They can live for days without moisture...and they will bounce right back even though they might look fried when they get there.
    They are really difficult to kill. :O)

• dan_the_mailman
    16 years ago

Okay Carol, your boxes are on their way! Enjoy!

As for me..... I've got another day off, the lawn is dying (hehehe) and I'm gonna go play in my garden!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

dAn

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Thanks Bunny!
    April/dirt

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have some iris blooming this morning! Yay!
    The only problem is...I have NO IDEA which ones they are! LOL
    They are planted right by the "kingsland royal" & "michael paul" iris...but they don't look like either one. They're too redish to be MP, the one I have is a very deep purple..but they dont' look like the KR either...
    Maybe they are a different variety altogether? Any ideas??

• sassybutterfly_2008
    16 years ago

oooh those are PRETTYYYYY Bunny!! I dunno what kind they are either, but they're gorgeous!

I need your address hon so I can get your box mailed out to you! Can you email me with it? My email info is on my 'page'.

It's lovely outside here today. Just a bit of wind.. supposed to get up to around 75!! We had a crummy wkend as my mom was in the hospital and then I had to take my oldest son to the children's hospital as well. I still feel like I'm recovering so I'm just takin' it easy today.. planting some seeds. Who says gardening isn't theraputic! We also did manage to get some cool yardsale stuff Sat morning before all the craziness down so I'm excited to find homes for my 'finds'! I got 3 buckets FULL of daylilies from a guy that was just gonna mow them down!

Hugs to everyone!
    Wendy/sassybutterfly_2008

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Afternoon All! Just dropping in to let Nikki know her package has flown. USPS delivery confifmation# 03060320000451174598. Should not take long to travel about 3 hours across the state.

later...April/dirt

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

bunny - whatever they are they are beautiful :)

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, girls! I guess it doesn't matter what the name is...they ARE pretty. Which is all that matters!! :O)

I want to ask everyone a favor? I have ALOT going on right now, and I am involved in at least 3 swaps...so I may have trouble keeping things straight. PLEASE PLEASE tell me if I mess something up. (The newbie swap is an example! LOL) I can take constructive criticism. :O)

I found out last week that we're expecting #6. I had a miscarriage in March, so I'm only about 6 weeks along with this one. But that is the reason why I'm muddled headed..and can't keep my swaps straight! Heck, I even nearly left a kid at the park yesterday. Fun! :O) But in my defense...once you pass 4 kids, you have to keep a head count...and it's not MY fault if I counted the same head twice! LOL Although, I kept wondering WHY Adora kept asking where "guy" was. (that's her name for William) :O)

Anyway....if ya'll would just be honest and let me know if I mess up anywhere, I'd appreciate it.
    Also...any good thoughts & prayers you can send along...I would be grateful for those, too.

• nikkineel
    16 years ago

Gosh Yall have been busy. I LOVE reading all these posts. It's hard to keep up with everybody. I am praying for your sick loved ones. Kathy, I'm praying for you too.
    That said, WOW - all this talk of naked gardens, hairy balls and Kenny Chesney makes me want to rethink my box for "after dark" This is too much fun:)
    April, you are fast! Thanks, I'll be watching my front porch. I love your beautiful ball. I wish I could be creative. I mean, I have ideas but I never actually go through with them. You are an inspiration.
    Have a great week! Nikki

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Oh, I'm so excited bunny! I do understand the headcount idea though, I make the kids wear matching lime green shirts when we go out, if I don't have 1 red head, 4 browns and 3 blonds I know someone's not with thier group.
    It's paperwork day here, so I'm stuck in my office with forms, instead of playing outside.

• dan_the_mailman
    16 years ago

Good Afternoon Everyone! I didn't get to play in the garden like I was hoping, my knee started acting up a little, so I thought I should rest it today before going to work tomorrow.

Bunny, are you sure almost leaving a kid behind at the park was an accident? LOL! Sounds like it may have been wishful thinking to me..... (grin) No kids of my own here, but with 20+ nephews and nieces I can borrow, I figure I can go borrow them when I want, and return them when they get cranky or soiled. I'll bet some of you parents wish you could do the same at times!
    And, whatever those iris are called, they're gorgeous! Could they possibly be a cross between the kingsland royal & michael paul? Wherever they came from, gather those seeds this year and start some more!

Today was a sad day at the mailbox...no seeds, no plants, just a bunch of advertisements. YUCK! However, I've got some eyeball seeds coming, so that'll be fun to grow when they get here. And, I've got the wonderful Miss Em sending me my after dark box. Who knows what'll be in it? I don't know, but I just know it's gonna be great!

You guys have got me hooked, most definitely!

I've been thinking about a Christmas In June round robin, you all have any ideas for one? Here are the ideas I've come up with.....
    1. All plants/seeds traded should be either variegated, or have white blooms.
    2. A minimum of at least 3 varieties of seeds or plants.
    3. Everyone must have a bodaciously good time.
    4. Partners would be announced May 15th, and all boxes should be sent out by May 31st, enabling everyone to have their "gifts" by the first week of June.
    5. A small stocking containing gardening/trading equipment would be nice also. Examples would be plant markers, pens, address books, stamps, etc.

Let me know what you think, okay?

-Dan

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Dan,
    Where does one find stockings in June? I'm picturing a bunch of tube socks being sent instead.

• dan_the_mailman
    16 years ago

stockings, socks, all would be okay. just don't send any used pantyhose! LOL!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    16 years ago

*looking sheepish... actually I still have a box of my Christmas craft stuff sittin in the hallway to be put in storage.... I think there's actually a no-name stocking in it! LOL

~Wendy/sassybutterfly_2008

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Dan - used pantyhose are good! lol a friend here just told me how to use them to hold up watermelons and canteloupe on a trellis using old pantyhose.

• dan_the_mailman
    16 years ago

Okay, the "Christmas in June" round robin has now been initiated! You can sign up for it until the night of May 10th, I'll announce partners on the 15th (everyone will be sending out/getting two boxes from two different people), and boxes should be sent out by May 31st.

HO HO HO

-dAn

• medontdo
    16 years ago

Ya Baby!! Christmas in June it is!! LOL I'm soooo there!! :'))
    and what do ya know a man to initiate it??!! LOL
    now onto other business who is doing the fairy swap next month? and is that what it still is?? ohhh i sooso hope it is!! **please please please** LOL **big grinn** what about a real fairy??? UMMMM Hint Hint LOL **wink wink** **big grin**

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I think Fishy was doing next month's swap, Michele. :O)
    Whatever theme she goes with, I'm sure it'll be a good one.

And WOW, it has been quiet on here today! Everyone must be outside enjoying the nice weather! :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I think Fishy is doing next months swap Michelle, if not then I can do a Fairy/Pixie swap lol.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you, Fishy! :O) I'm excited, too. Not as excited as hubby is...lol :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Bunny, I sent too quick earlier. Those Iris' are GORGEOUS!!! Whatever they are do like Miss Emily said and keep them around!! Also CONGRATS on number 6, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

bunny - BIG HUGS! Congrats!! will def keep you in my T&Ps

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1262436}}

Melissa, Congratulations on the new little one coming your way. I am so happy for all of you! Does this mean we are having a Christmas Baby? Hmmmmm? I remember how badly my brain worked when I was pregnant. Each time it seemed to get a little worse. I was beginning to worry that the old melon would quit working completely. I am happy to say that at this point I think I have all of my faculties back and working properly. lol! Of course some people might beg to differ. Congratulations again. Sending big hugs sweetie! Love you bunches!

Tracy

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Dan, I say old pantyhose are indispensible! They make great filters for your washing machine. Catches all the fluffy lint that might clog your drain! LOL! I am going to have to pass on the Christmas in June Swap. I am booked solid with obligations. Ted is graduating, we have Communion Parties up the wazoo, plus the other swaps I have already signed on for. Happy Swapping you guys and Merry Christmas! LOL!

Melissa, I forgot to tell you that I was searching diligently earlier to try to find the name of your iris this morning before pre-school drop off but I came up empty so far. I do believe it is a dwarf judging by the height of the blooms. I am still working on it. Did you perhaps get that in one of the Halloween swaps last fall? I seem to remember some really cool "black" german irises that some people received.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    16 years ago

linda~ did you ever reach or get hold of pamperedavonchefof3? I'm just checking as she's the person sending to me and I haven't been able to reach her yet. I tried email, but could only do it thru Gardenweb. I'm also paired up w/ her on the Fairy RR... Just wondering. Haven't seen her post since mid April'ish.

Congrats bunny!!!!

Hugs to everyone!
    Wendy/sassybutterfly_2008

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Bunny~BIG CONGRATS ON THE NEWS!!!!Also look up'Candy Apple' iris. It looks like a pretty close match. Tracy made me think of it when she said it was a dwarf.
    Off to play outdoors,before it gets too hot.Should be 75+ today.
    later...April/dirt