Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
update: mnf: after dark round robin #3

Posted by hazelnutbunny 7A (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 08 at 12:12

The other thread was full, so I'm posting this one.

And hopefully I've gotten everyone paired, if not, PLEASE let me know!

Be sure to post or email your sending partner with the Delivery Confirmation Number so they can anticipate getting it by it's progress! Can't wait to see what kinds of goodies everyone gets! So be sure to list them!
I'll be emailing everyone today with their partner's info and then leave ya'll to it!

jaleeisa Sends to lindaruzicka

lindaruzicka Sends to pamperedavonchefof3

dirt_under_my_nails Sends to nikkineel

hazelnutbunny Sends to jaleeisa

happyseed Sends to debbya

fishymamas Sends to shadymeadow

medontdo Sends to emsgarden

allisonlwise Sends to llbean

emsgarden Sends to dan_the_mailman

shadymeadow Sends to medontdo

debbya Sends to fishymamas

veeja11 Sends to allisonlwise

pamperedavonchefof3 Sends to sassybutterfly_2008

nikkineel Sends to newarkslones

dan_the_mailman Sends to veeja11

llbean Sends to dirt_under_my_nails

newarkslones Sends to happyseed

sassybutterfly_2008 Sends to hazelnutbunny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Box update

Ms. Kathy's box is all set to go. It will take flight this afternoon. Here's the Dc# 03070020000213962458

It's stuffed to the gills, and the plants are on top...so hopefully, they won't be squished when you get 'em. *crossing fingers, praying madly*
Snail Mail

o
whoohooo

WOW Im excited and Im not even playing this month!! Can't wait to hear/see all the wonderful plants being swapped!!!

Here are some pictures of things going on here.

Blue Barlow Columbine in front bed

blue barlow

My New Columbine Bed in the corner of my Veggie Garden

Columbine bed

My First Shasta Daisy of the Season

Shasta

Now gotta get back out front and finish putting my DL's in their new bed, I'll take a pic of it when its all planted. It looks soo yummy already, I am soo proud of the job Fox and Alan did.

Smiles and have a great day!

Pixie

o
RE: update: mnf: after dark round robin #3

WooHoo! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the goodies you send, Melissa!

Linda's box will go out probably Monday cause I've gotta wait til payday. But I already have lots of goodies packed and waiting!

Those beds look great, Pix!

I wish the wind would stop here so that maybe I could get some more planting done! I'm about to run out of bulbs to plant! And things to start inside! Way too windy to plant seeds, they'd just fly away like I'm waiting for my new gazebo to do!

Don't get me wrong, it's GORGEOUS and a wonderful 70 degrees... just can't plant with gusts to 40 mph! :(

Kathy

o

Thanks Kathy, its pretty windy here also and 79 YAYYYY! I guess the wind feels good though but it sure does make it hard to do things, hmmm Im sure if I hung clothes out they would dry fast eh???

Finally got all the DL's in my South Bed, now I just need it to fill in. There are roses and a sago palm at the back DL's in the middle and Canna's next to the front brick along with a Plumeria Stick at the front but the very very front is empty. Trying to figure out something to put there that looks good but doesn't stand tall.

Front South bed

Front South Bed

Bottom one is way bright!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

I just went shopping for someBUNNY.... :) hehe

o
How shady is shady?

Hmmm, I see shady's in zone 8, WA, so I'm hoping no snow by now. I've some ideas, but is shady;s garden spot sunny or shady?

o

Same question to you lil miss hazelnutbunny! :) Sunny or Shady for your after-dark garden? Any color preferences besides the obvious white? And DO you like hazelnut flavored 'stuff'?? lol I know you like Margaritas... saw that in some earlier post.. :) What sort of desserts do you lean towards? Questions Questions Questions :P

Thanks!
Wendy

o

well, towels dry really fast!! let me tell ya!!! LOL :')) been hangin out laundry since its been so windy!! LOL ahhhh the change is sooo great!! but i'm not looking forward to the rain, except i don't have to water the plants!! LOL :')) hmmmmm.....i just love them beds!! your guys did a great job!! could ya send some of their dust down here to toss on my lil guy?? i know it won't work on my man!! LOL he's always workin!! i saw him this weekend, it was cool!! they are finally making his days off where its the same on BOTH jobs!! YAY!!! so no more working 7 days a week!!! YIPPEEE!!!
tabor lost a few inches working a lil though!! LOL he's so happy, i didn't have the heart to tell him it was water weight. :'(( so i told him that he was doing a great job working and when he does work like this it attacks the muscles it needs to and the inches just come off a little easier. and now is the time cuz your so young! so he's like "cool" ummmmm- i pulled that out of thin air i think. all accept the cuz your so young. LOL he's not fat, just a lil chunky, compared to befor on that adhd meds. now he's off so he's doing GREAT and eating!! LOL and eating!! so now he's having to learn that he has to be careful! or he'll be like me!!!! YUCK and double YUCK!!!
WHEW that wind is like kicking ya in the butt big time!!! LOL
Smiley Face

o

You too, huh Medo & Kathy?? Boy, it's WINDY!!!
Wind,

Speaking of windy....Hey Wendy!! I'll answer your questions now!! LOL :O)

Colors: anything. Honestly. Anything. I'm not picky. Well, except green. I just don't see the point in a green flower. Kinda weird. LOL

Desserts: ANYTHING chocolate. I do like hazelnut - the flavor, just not the smell. I'm weird that way, too. LOL Um...anything bakery related. (donuts, cakes, cookies, pies...that sort of thing...) When it comes to dessert, there is really only ONE thing I don't like. ANYTHING WITH HONEY IN IT OR ON IT. Blech.
I also like coffee, tea...all sorts of things.

Other preferences....Um, lessee. I like anything coffee-ish. I just ordered a "coffee bean" miniature rose!! Yay! I can't wait for that one!! I love castles. My favorite flowers are lilies, iris, & roses. Hmmm....I have 5 kids, so anything that they might enjoy is a bonus. Climbing plants are good, too, since we have so much to cover right now. (I'm planting morning glories like crazy!) LOL

The only things I really collect are lip gloss & candles. I'm kinda weird that way, too. :O)

Oh. And bunnies. I betcha couldn't tell that. :O) But I do like the bunnies.

Uhhh...any more questions? Or did I just make your mind go numb with boredom?? LOL

o

hehehe not bored at alll and I'm glad I went with my gut feeling when I went shopping today.. Got some GEORGEOUS climbers and chocolate related items. And some goodies for the kids but I thought there were 3...lol Thanks for letting me know! Wouldn't want WWIII on your hands upon opening the box! :)

~Wendy

o

April - I am so excited to see that you are my "sender". I have been reading your posts and you seem like a lot of fun. The sunfower hut for your kids has inspired me to try it. Hopefully, we have endured our last cold snap in Georgia so I can get started. As for the garden, I have a little bit of everything - some full sun, some shady, some part sun. Around my pool deck is mostly sunny. I like all colors. Since this is after dark, anything white would be great! I don't presently have any garden "art" but driving my DH crazy sounds like something fun, too. I'm the one who posted that I like hot tea after dark so that might be somewhere to start. No themes for my garden...yet. Hmmmm I can't think of a single plant to "hate". I'm pretty open!!!

newarkslones (Krista?) - I hope you'll introduce yourself soon. I need your preferences, too. Sunny, shady, colors, themes, things you collect, bulbs, seeds, or plants?????? I'm looking forward to this - it is my first swap but I know it is going to be awesome.

I can't wait to hear about all of the goodies! I'm linking a few of my pics of my present "blooms"

Here is a link that might be useful: April blooms

o

I can't wait, Wendy!! Whatever you pick will be fine, I promise. I'm the easiest to please bunny around! :O)
And please don't think you would have to send something for all 5 kiddos....I just mentioned that because..well, they're my identity right now. You know what I mean? LOL
Anyway...I usually only have the 2 girls with me during the day when packages arrive, to it's not a problem. :O)

OH OH OH!!!! Guess what, Girls?!?! I have POPPY SEEDLINGS!!! Woo-Hoo!!! I have NEVER EVER EVER been successful with poppies before! And to make it funnier...I didn't even know WHAT they were!! LOL I have been looking at my flower bed for the past 3 weeks or so..thinking...WHAT is that WEED?? Hmmm...maybe I'd better leave it for awhile, to see what it is. I had forgotten that Aubeni sprinkled a package of poppy seeds there last fall! LOL So I looked up some pictures..and sure 'nuff! That's what they are!
Oh, golly. But I guess they're really HER poppy seedlings, huh? And I'm not really that successful after all. :O)

Anyway! It will be a pleasant surprise to find out what color they are in a few weeks. Yay!

o

Hi Nikki! Thanks for posting!Gives me something to work with. I sent an email asking stuff,don't know if that was before or after you posted though.LOL!!

Anybody with kiddos joining the For the Kids RR?

Gotta go suck up all the fruity pebbles Brooke dumped in the floor,b4 the hubby arrives.Pizza is on its way so dinner is covered.HA!
Later..April/dirt

o

oh ya hnb, i forgot to tell ya, we went to the taco tico, and you know how they have all them plants along that bar? well i got clippings from them, they were just gonna throw them away when they were gonna clip them back. when i asked if i could have a few tabor was like so embarrased and rolled his eyes!! it was so funny, :')) but keep in mind there was only 1 person other than us there, and i don't live in topeka!!!! LOL BIG time HE HE HE HE
Smiley Face
but the girl was like all cool about it, and told me how they just throw them away!!! EEEEEKS!!!!
Smiley Face

anyhow S C O R E!!!!! :')) HUGS Medo

o

Ok where is my partner hiding - come out come out wherever you are! lol

o

Fishymamas - I'm hoping no snow also, but I can't believe our weather!!! We're supposed to get a cold front down from Alaska this weekend and it will be down into the 30's at night. We have had warm weather so a lot of my plants have been growing and some of my daylilies are a foot tall already. I hope they survive OK. It should warm up again by this time next week and I hope this is the last cold front this year!!!

As to shade or sun, I have a little of everything. Full sun in the front, partial sun next to the house and shade on the north side, so anything should work!

I'm looking forward to this trade, it should be so fun!!!

Sandy

o

I'm excited, how about a wish list allison. big hugs for Fox and of course you pixie, nice flowers, I'm impressed you know what they are !! hugs carol

o

Hi, Carol!

Hm ... what do I wish for??? Some fragrant herbs would be fun. I've got moonflowers and morning glory already, but I'm always up for trying something new!

I've got a mostly sunny yard, but have a few shady spots. Love anything that's a bright color.

Allison

o

warm weather to stay and no wind to a little breeze! that's what i want!! any takers!! on giving it to me??
Smiley Face
its supposed to rain til friday they say. ohhhhh noooo!! i don't want that much rain, man i have to wash clothes every day!! LOL well gotta get to putting soil into some of those deep cells, LOL they work sooo cool!! LOL

o

LOL! Michele, I wish I had your..um...bravery? Is that what it is?? :O) I could never ASK for plants...I prefer to swipe them from the roadside & have a getaway car waiting!! LOL

I saw some tulips today that were TEENY TINY! I've been driving by them for a week or so now, trying to figure out if they were real or not...they are so tiny, I just KNEW they were fake. Seriously, they are 6" tall, and the flowers themselves are the size of marbles! TEENY!!!
But I saw one today that was losing it's petals...so I stopped to look at it. (que kids groaning & saying MOOOOMMM!!) Well, it was at the end of a ladies driveway, so she was all "Can I help you????????" Um...just fascinated by your tulips..I wasn't going to swipe any, I promise!! LOL

Turns out, they weren't miniature at all. Or supposed to be, anyway. When she planted them, they were regular sized bulbs...(and she bought them thinking they were) but have always grown small. Hmmm. :O)

o
onto a new gross out factor for tabor!!! :'}}

so i was reading about slugs and such, for those of you who know me, know i was probably in the frugal gardening, and know whats coming next!!! LOL YEP!! so i told tabor Hey do ya think you could eat slugs?? he said NOOOO!!! i said even if its cooked??? he said nooooo wayyyy!! i don't even care if its cooked ma!! ick!! so i've been looking up recipes, it seems the only ones who were brave enough were the cajuns, mmmmmmm great food i hear, so now all i need is a recipe!! so i can make a slug dinner!! he ate raw oysters one time, and i thought he was gonna barf, ya remember me telling ya about that?? the kc trip?? well now i told him he ate slugs, just to really gross him out!!! aren't i just so mean!!! LOL of course we are that way to each other!! and he ate a worm like 10 of them just to make me sick, funny kid!! so i acted like it was grossin me out, i noticed how his face was, and then after the 10th one i just busted up and he was like awwwww that's wrong mom!! awwwwww just soooo wrong!! in sooooo many ways!!! man that was soooo good!! :'))

o

poor tabor! - slugs Michelle??even I have to say eckkkkkkkkkk lol Poor kid - no wonder he is losing weight - ya feeding him worms and slugs LOL!!! j/k

Wish Dan would have shown up tonight so I could get some ideas. Didn't anyone tell that man that you have to be all excited and show up for the day the partners are announced???? lol I sent him an email - am sure he'll get back to me when he has time.

hope all are healthy and happy! Em.

o

wonder if her soil is just needing some nutrients, that could be the problem. so sad, but kinda cool in a way, LOL for the small flowers!! man that would be AWESOME!!! LOL ya its funny how them kids are all like no no no don't do that, but now if they were the one's wanting the plant for their midevil garden or their fairy garden then by all means get that flower!!! LOL and of course hubs is into a few flowers now, LOL we went and got some chain link fence, he got it for me, it was from that freecycle thingi, man how absolutely cool is that????? it wasn't much but still its awesome!!! if it'll go around the pool, then i can make the oasis for us!!! that would be cool!! :'))

o
LOL funny :'}}

LOL he's working on the tiller!!! he's doing great!! LOL he did his own garden, started on another and after the rain is gone and dries out, we will start on talla's by the house.

o

Oh, Isn't freecycle COOL?! Literally, my ENTIRE wardrobe has come from freecycle! Except for undergarments. Just can't wear used undies or bras.. Ick.. LOL Seriously, though...ALL the clothes in my closet. Freecycle. Yep!
Love It!

We've even gotten a lawnmower! It's really neat. You wouldn't believe the stuff some people give away. Mostly junk, but some of it's great.

Of course, you wouldn't believe some of the stuff people ASK for, either! One lady wanted a 69 camero for her 16 year old son!! Gee WHIZ! Can ya believe that??? A $50K car for her SON!!! ACK!
Another lady wanted a rent house (3BD, 1.5 Bath, IN TOWN.....she was VERY specific! LOL) for..get this...under $500 a month!! Excuse me?? Not here!! Maybe in the boondocks. And that would be a trailer. Not a house. MAYBE a duplex. In a bad neighborhood. But not a house.

o

This wind is really awful! Hearing it moan and groan is really getting old! I was hoping with the expected rain that it would die some, but NOOOOOOO! On the good side, Cliff got some 2x4s and some lock nuts and re-enforced the gazebo and it's standing pretty sturdy now! The little rods for the netting kept shaking loose, so he got the lock nuts because the cap nuts just weren't doing the job. The pressure treated 2x4s he bolted onto the bottom, making a complete frame, and even without the frame being buried like we plan, it's so much steadier! It's really nice to be able to look out the window from my desk and see my hanging pots back in place, even with the wind howling!

I need to get another digital camera so I can show everyone the gazebo and gardens! A wonderful trader sent me several plant cuttings a bit back and they are all thriving! Two of them were Ice Plants and they are putting out new growth! And the Goldfish plant cutting is finally bouncing back and starting to green up. I'd almost given up on it because it was looking all dry and woody, but I kept saying "well, the leaves are staying 'spongy', so I'm going to give it some more time." I'm glad I did because now it's starting to look healthy and I'm hoping will show me some gorgeous blooms!

I'm still gonna try to get out into my beds this morning, despite the wind, before the rain starts. I've still got some bulbs I can lay out and a few more *gasp* bought begonias I can lay out. I just want the wind to settle some so I can direct sow some more seeds. I'm starting to get desperate here, Ladies! I told Cliff if I don't get a day or two to do some serious sowing, I'm gonna take over ever surface in the house with seed trays and start em that way! He and the kids looked around and said "But there's not much left! How are you gonna cook?! Where will I do my homework!?" Told 'em they need to talk to the wind then cause it'll be sandwiches and the floor! Until I take that over too! *Evil cackle*

Then this afternoon I'm picking up some freecycle stuff, acouple small things I'm hoping to recreate into arrangements for the wedding, hopefully a baby gate and Leap Frog table for my two new nephews and maybe some 3/8' rebar- 15 ft long, 7 of them! for some garden art!

Kathy~ planning a busy day!

o

bunny - I love freecycle too. Have ya tried craigslist also? I look at both each day. I posted looking for some landscaping stuff - old bricks, pavers, timbers, etc (yes even plants - shameless plant hussy that i'm becoming!! LOL) Unfortunately, only the ppl that don't read the request properly write me, asking me what I have to give them LOL Yea we know you weren't going to swipe any tulips lol

Welcome to the newest members - allison, shady, sassy, nikki - nice to meet ya'll :) Sorry I hadn't acknowledged ya'll yet.

o

Thankyou for the welcome!!

*sighhh I just love freecycle and craigslist too! I scored a huge pile of old roofing tiles last week I'm making into a pathway, and putting at the edges of all my rock flower beds to keep the weeds at bay. I also got buckets and a bunch of red cannas this lady didn't want anymore!

medo~ I'm always carrying my pruners and a jar and a bag in the car w/ me... I recently resorted to hauling a shovel around too... never know when you'll come across something that needs a home! hehe

Hugs to all,
Sassy

o

Sassy that was a great score - wish I would have thought about doing that for my buckets! I have 14 tomato plants in buckets and had to go buy them - dang! I know ppl have those things laying around not using them LOL

o

I actually learned about GW through Freecycle! LOL
I went to pick up some iris that a lady had offered on FC, and she says.."You see this plant & that plant and this one..and that one?? I got them in a trade on Garden Web! I love that place!"
It's too bad I don't remember her name, though...I really wish I did! I'd like to thank her!! :O)

o

OMG! MELISSA! My package arrived! Just about 30 minutes ago! I've been oohinh and ahhing over everything!!!!! Wow! This box really sets the bar high! Thank you so much!

In my box:
*A gorgeous journal for me to write in each day with a thought or prayer or poem for each day!
*5 packages of different cocoas!
*pack of Sudoku card sized puzzles(about playing card sized)
*A box of assorted herbal teas
*A package of plastic plant labels
*Four gardening magizines
*Dream catcher key chain
*A flip card gardening reference (Not doing this justice,. but it's about the size of a bookmark in width and has 111 cards that give detailed gardening how tos and projects!)
*A gorgeous lace doily wrapped around - Poppy- Danebrog, Black Hollyhocks,Balsam Impatiens- White, Gypsophila, Shasta Daisy, Four O'Clocks- Custard and Cream, Nigella- Chocolate Sundae
*A Gold Canyon Candle- Chocolate Mud Pie
*Heart shaped package of rose bath petals
*A gorgeous blue and yellow Sun night light
* Body Lotion- Jasmine Vanilla and Chocolate Amber (WONDERFUL Smell)
*Vanilla Cream Bubble Bath
*Strawberry and Champagne scented soap
*Several Nestle's Turtles wrapped up in purple tissue!
*Plant cuttings: Chocolate Mint Vine!!!!!!!!! Mock Orange, Dianthus- Cheddar Pink, Caryopteris- Summer Sorbet, Sedium- Unknown Pink & White flowers, and Scatterbrain, which I'm going to have to look up just cause it sounds fascinating !

Melissa, I'm overwhelmed! And thrilled! And worrying how skimpy my box is gonna look now!THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Kathy

o
RE: update: mnf: after dark round robin #3:)

OMG! The Scatterbrain is am absolutely gorgeous Daylily!!!!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Scatterbrain!

o

woww! Nice box!!! That Scatterbrain IS gorgeous!! And I heard that Mock Orange has a WONDERFUL scent!! lucky you! :)

Hugs,
Sassy/Wendy

o

I'm glad you like it, Kathy! And that it got there in one piece! LOL
I really DID start out with a theme...was gonna do all white things...but then I found the Chocolate Sundae seeds...so I started doing a chocolate theme...but then I saw something else...and something else....! :O)

How did the cuttings look, BTW?? It's been so long since I've sent any, I wonder if I remembered how to do it right. LOL Of course, I ran out of paper towels & had to use Easter napkins. :O) Oh well, it worked!! LOL

o

The cuttings are in excellent shape! Everything's still really green and all the leaves still really plump and hydrated. LOL, I've had to beat the bratlings and Cliff off of the chocolate mint, they keep wanting to bruise the leaves to get that wonderful aroma! I've gotten it potted and looking up the others to see what I need for them to thrive!

Thank you again for such an amazing box!

Kathy

o

Wow Bunny! that was some box you sent! Mmmmm, chocolate mint... Sigh!

o

Hey Everyone, here I am! Fashionably late as usual!
Em, I just sent you out an e-mail, but it was kind of short. Not exactly sure what to tell you about myself that won't scare you! hehehe They don't call me a Serial Gardener without reason! I'm just your basic gardening guy who likes getting dirt on his hands, then enjoying walking around the garden, looking for what it has to show me from day to day. I'm killing my lawn this weekend (anyone want to join me? hehehe), to make room for more flowers, bushes, and other plants, so don't worry, there's room at the inn! I've got a huge maple tree which covers the front third of my lot, and the rest of it gets a lot of sun, so I've got everything from full-sun to full-shade going on.

After reading these posts, this all sounds like it's turning into Christmas in April! How cool is that!

Hmmm, maybe we should have a Christmas in July round robin, what do you all think?

Okay, that's about it for now for me. I've gotta go do some thinking about tonight's confession. Linda's been getting "stoned" lately, which has gotten me to do some thinking. We'll see where it goes.

Talk to you all soon!!!

-Dan, S.G.

o

WOW what a wonderful box!! is it really a choc mint vine?? but wow!! scatterbrain!! LOL thats pretty too!! LOL
Smiley Face

yes it is awesome!! i posted for a pond for tallas' fairy garden, we'll see if we get it, i soooo hope we do!! it kinda sucks cuz wabunsee county don't have one, but the other county does. so i use it. in topeka ya have to live in that county. YUCK so i say that i live there, i half the time do, at moms. :')) does that count??? well i got all the baggie stuff into the cell packs instead and out today. since its nicely raining. i have to pot up some bush honeysuckle i got from moms and see how they do. and her sweet william just grows all over, i mean it jumped out of the place where it was growing!! i'm so not kidding!! now its like 2 ft out into the yard. its going to the light. LOL

o

Hey Jamie! Where ya at??...I have alot of your info from the Gardener of the Month robin BUT if there's something I don't know about, let me know..."Peeking over Jamie's shoulder"....I should have your box together and ready to go by Wednesday at the latest.

Dan,..you're just jealous of my overwhelming amount of stones...I told you if you wanted to pay postage, I'll be glad to ship you a couple of wheelbarrow loads...."kicking another stone out from under my foot"...

o

Photobucket

o
'spitting tea'

"mopping up tea off computer with paper towel"...that should've come with a warning Tracey!...LOLOLOLO

o
warning!

Surgeon General's Warning: Tracy's Postings May Be Harmful to Your Computer: Recent reports contain increased instances of spontaneous bouts of laughter with potential of spewing of hot and cold liquids on your computer monitor or keyboard!

Photobucket

o

Well the babies flew the coop this evening. The nest is empty now :( . Here are a couple pics of one of the babies after they left the nest. They are all still hanging close and their momma and daddy are right with them too. They are soo cute and it was soo neat watching them learn to fly.
baby birdy leavin the nest

baby birdy 2

This one was on the tire of my truck and the scout.

LOL that Devil Ducky is coming out again eh??? lmao

o

So Linda's got big ones, huh?? spit- laugh

Photobucket

o

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

LOL now that's too funny!! LOL
talla is telling me about her great grandma, which she never met, but its so funny cuz all the stuff she will tell me about grandma and grandpa are soo true, i mean its just like them!! and she'll tell me about the house they lived in in heaven, and it was a 4 bedroom house and 1 bedroom downstairs and 3 upstairs and she will go on to explain in to detail the house out on pillsburs crossing where they used to live befor they moved out to the country. this is a house i loved!! and so did grandma!! how weird is this?? she remembers jimi, my brother, ummm you'll remember jimi died like in 99. so of course she never met him. but she will just go on and on about him and tell me stories of him. i just listen and say oh really?? or and when did ya do that?? or something related to the conversation. i don't want to encourage but discourage, ya know. LOL i know she has some kind of connection to them. but not now. she remembers. crazy hunh??? LOL anywho thats the news!! and we put out 87 baggies worth of seeds/seedlings today. once we transferred them. then we got some honeysuckle bush from my moms house and we potted them up, although i didn't think i got as many as i did!! LOL i got like 10 i think!! LOL and i repotted like 5 some kinda coral bells and 3 others. they are some kinda varigated ones. :')) so now they are all outside soaking up the rain, now if the weather will stay decent enough and not get to cold at night we'll be just fine!! :')) and i'll be a happy camper!! did em say if she liked tea??? hmmmm don't remember!!
YOU GO DAN!!! just tear that lawn up!!! LOL :'))
talla has wanted to watch alvin and the chipmonks 3 times today. yuck! i can go for once! they are cute! dont get me wrong!! but they are not fairy's!!! LOL if they were i could watch them over and ovver with talla!! LOL HEE HEE HEE
tabor cooked up some fried worms! it was funny, to try and gross me out. but he's eaten regular worms, so no go, then he goes, ya want some mom?? uhhh HELLOOOO.....NOOOOO!!!! uhhh i draw the line there!! ****shuddering**** LOL
goodnight everyone!! Hugs Medo

o

Hey Dan, this link is just for you. The hubby and I spent all afternoon demo-ing our 30 foot long front flower bed yesterday. It was infested with morning glories that we had been trying to get rid of for the last several years with no luck. The roots had been covered up with landscaping cloth and mulch by the old owners of our house. We removed all the mulch, landscaping cloth, all plants, bulbs and lastly the bushes! The darn vines choked one bush to death and one of my rhodies. Finally we just decided that it all has to go and start from scratch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flower Bed Demolition Dump Truck Style

o

I got 6 new miniature roses last night! Yay!! :O)Easter, bunny, smiley
Excited bunny here!! LOL
Of course, there's "Coffee Bean"..I don't think I've quit talking about that one since I ordered it a few months ago!! LOL I also got "X-rated", "Popcorn", "Sweet Fairy", "Rowdy Roy" & "Overnight sensation"!!
There were so many that I wanted when I ordered back in Feb (Tax return $$, ya know! LOL), but they are sold out until next year! ACK! So I ordered based on how fragrant they are. Except for Coffee bean. It's mildly fragrant. Oh well!

But I DEFINITELY recommend this company, NorEast Mini roses. They sent them FedEx, and they were packaged extremely well. I didn't have any broken stems, no wilting whatsoever. They sent them in 3" plastic pots, and wrapped them in a paper cone (tight around the pot, wide at the top, with the top folded over). These are big, healthy plants, too. Coffee Bean even has a bud on it already. :O)

This company sells mainly for people that like to enter their roses in contests & sell them, I think. So they know what they're doing.
The folks over in the roses forum buy from them quite often, they get great reviews over there too.

Here is a link that might be useful: NorEast Mini Roses

o

How lovely, Melissa! The pictures didn't show, but I think that mini roses are so adorable! I'm wanting to start a mini rose garden. I'll have to check into them and see what the budget will allow with the wedding and graduation next month.

Kathy

o
Friday

Oh, And it's FRIDAY!! Yay!!!!!!!!!
friday
YAY! Again!! My oldest (William) has been gone all week. The church school has "Outdoor school" for the 5-9th grades. It's like camp, but during school. They went to Hot Springs, AR for the week. So I've missed him like crazy! We all have!! And I didn't realize just how much he actually DOES to help out around here. Whew! That boy definitely deserves more praise than he gets, for sure. :O)
Can't wait till he gets home, so I can embarrass him with a great big ol hug in front of everyone!! LOL!

Liz

o

Yay Bunny! I know how much you love your roses! Their packaging sounds perfect! That was how Koi sent my clems last year. Not one broken stem, all arrived safe and sound. I'm so happy for you!
Happy Duck

o

OHHHHH how cool you are bunny! i like your taste!! LOL
Smiley Face
oh ya!! give em hugs and kisses and totally embarass him!! oh ya!!!! LOL **snickers onerilly** oh i can't wait to see your roses!! i might have to get one for her fairy garden of the fairy one, :')) well today its supposed to rain, but its just yucky looking so i think we'll put the rest of the stuff out, and try to talk the hubs into getting them boards for the sq ft gardening. then we can start planting them!! but for now they will just get good roots!!
Smiley Face
i can't believe its already friday!! can you all?? geez and its already past the middle of the month!! ohhhh my goodness!! hmmmm what shall i send my partner?? **thinking onrilly** is that even a word?? LOL
Smiley Face

o

Well, in my box of Night Themed Things, I WAS going to include some NAKED LADY bulbs. LOL
BUT....I'd already sent Kathy a big box of them last month, so I doubted she needed more. :O)

I, too, was thinking "onrilly*.
Great minds think alike, Michele!! :O)

o

ya i know!! :')) i been working on grants naked garden too!! LOL he's gonna be so shocked!! LOL
on another note! if ya use my laundry mix, use 1/2 cup of the laundry soap, its what works best and i like to use also 1/2 to 1 cup of baking soda it makes it smell fresher!! but on a boo hoo note they are not gonna carry those little essential oils anymore!! **sniff sniff boo hoo** they are the only ones that dissolve great that i've found!! LOL man that totally reaks!!!! anyone want a 12 yr old boy?? LOL you can take the mouth too!! it comes free!! LOL i keep telling him a christian boy don't talk like that!! but ohhhh nooo!!
i love them, i really do!! **smack, whap, slug, hug!!** LOL yes we are the weird ones!! ummm i'm not mom i'm ollll lady, uhhhh what's up with that?? but when he wants something ORRRR he's sooo proud of something then its hey mama!! its so cute, now talla its a different story all together, its mom no matter what!! or your the best mommy!! i miss my kids when they are gone one day so melissa i know how you musta felt!! oh my goodness!!! i just couldn't imagine that!! LOL i'm just not ready for the day when he goes on his things, i hate it when summer comes and its oh can tabor come and stay a "few" nights (ends up being a week and i know it will be) with grandma joy. grants mom. love the woman and she lives in the country but she lts tabor go anywhere!! errrr!!!

o

OOOOH! Michele! Jack looks at me with this smirky little grin and then says "Hey, Ol'Lady"! Oh boy does he get it when he says that! LOL at the "Smack, Whap, Slug, Hug!!" That is only too true!

Hmmm, so how big is the list of naked plants? I am thinking that might be a good theme for the hot summer months. Streaking Naked Plant Exchange? Skinny Dippers Naked Plant Swap? LOL!

o

so far just the naked ladies, the spiney balls, i had to throw them in!! LOL out of pure mean ness!! LOL i'm looking for some pussy willow, mine died. :'(( i'm looking for any kinda thing referring to naked tho, LOL streakin would be so cool!! LOL man i didn't think of that!! and i love the idea of christmas in the summer!! i'm sooo not kidding!! ya know when we all are wishing it was a little cooler! HEEE HEEE LOL

o

That is too bad your pussy willows didn't make it. My mom had those in her yard when we were kids. I used to love picking the little fluff off of them. They reminded me of tiny bunny tails. I haven't seen one around here in ages. I would love to try to grow a cutting of one.

Every July up at Kelly's Island on Lake Erie there is a Christmas in July Celebration. People decorate the town and their boats in Christmas lights. It is so hillarious seeing all those folks running around in bathing suits and Santa caps. Way too much fun!

o
A plea for my Friend :'}}

i have a plea, does anyone have any shrimp plant seeds?? i have a dear friend who is looking for them and i would be willing to trade, well, just let me know what i need to, if i have it, you know i will!! :')) Hugs Medo

o

Baker creek sells seeds for a "nipple plant" see link below. Don't forget passion flowers and seduction daylillies too.

Bunny do you still have homeless naked ladies? (that sounds awful!) I was going to order some bulbs, but if you've still extras, maybe we can talk swapping them for some baby roses?

Here is a link that might be useful: nipple fruit

o

Okay, Okay...gotta do it....
Next swap theme: "My pussy willow loves your naked ladies hairy balls"!

And now....consider this my last post, as I'll probably be kicked off GW for good. ROFL!!! :O)

o

OMG! You guys are awful! LOL! Now i want a 'Nekkid' garden!!!!!!!

Busy day here, been doing some actual planting since the wind died! But the rain pretty much missed us, so I've gotta water tonight for the first time. Got some more bulbs planted as well as the wonderful cuttings Melissa sent me!

Went garage saleing too! Found some really pretty stoneware bowls with lids (soup bowls, i believe) with hearts in green on them that i'm going to use for the BBQ sauces etc for the reception, and a tall stoneware toothbrush holder in the same style that's gonna hold my bouquet on the table! And some brass lanterns (they hold tealight candles) that are gonna be used for decorations, then go into my garden around the gazebo!

My oldest daughter is cooking dinner- a Dorito casserole- something new :)

It's been a good day!

Kathy

o

did i tell ya tabor is using some of my jars for look out towers and the lids for the sewer holes, LOL for his medievil garden. boy has he put some little work into it!! :')) WOW grant has put in a thing for ellsworth county, and they called some of his people he put down. OMGoodness we just may be moving, this guy was interested in him last time, big time!! but grant was sick and couldn't make the interview. but its funny that we couldn't get the gh up, hmmmm... and i got ALLLLLL these plant things going, it never fails, as i was growing up, if i planted anything bigtime, then we moved, guess what?? ohhhh my!!! LOL over 100 different plant things!!! LOL ohhhhh my!!! i guess i will be selling lots!! LOL till we move if he gets the job.
on the other hand its only 20 miles from my dad, who just got a stint replaced in his heart and is in the hospital now. i just found out last night aout it. i worry about him so much!! he's sooo active!! and susie!! if it isnt one of them its the other i worry about!! so it'd be nice to live closer!! i told grant "in the country only" !!!! keeping the fingers crossed!!!
Smiley Face

o

ohhhh and i forgot to say how i think that is sooo cool the nakki garden thingi!!

o

Aw, Michele, tell your dad I am praying for him, Susie too.

Kathy, you did great at the garage sales! Atta Girl! I love nosing around at those things. You always find some really good stuff. Fun!

I spent the day out in the 78 degree sunny weather! I got so much done in the gardens! I was mucking out more flower beds, pruned the arbor vitae (sp? I always butcher that one!), cleaned off the patio, etc, etc. and started working on my tan to boot! LOL! Dan and Emma were my big helpers, they were holding open the leaf bags while I scooped it all in. We filled sooooo many of the darn things I lost count. When Ted came home he was nice enough to help me out too. He grabbed a spade and dug a new trench around my shade garden! Tomorrow I break out the riding mower for the first cutting of the year! Woo Hoo!

o
a big request!!! Please

ok, i found out that my dad had a stint replaced in his heart, and is recovering, i also just found out that my brother has mrsa staph infection all over his body from a spider bite. his wife is gonna have her baby next month. i so worry about them, so would you guys please keep them in your prayers??? thank you in advance, Medo

o

thank you tracy!! i talked to jared- my brother, he has like 17 puss sores and he thinks he's getting one in his mouth, and one huge place taken out of his arm i think he said, i was still in shock when he told me, i just wanted to cry so hard and just hold him, but of course crying wouldn't help him, and of course he was on the phone so holding him was out of the question!! poor bethany is a wreck emotionally cuz she's pregnant and wants to be close to him and cant and worries about him!! she hates to see him go thru all that pain!! but when we got off the phone they sounded a little better than when we got on. i sooo pray that he gets better, and she doesn't catch this!!. the only thing i could thik of was vinegar on the puss and leave it on there. he did alcohol befor, so i said vinegar would be better!! and its better for your skin. just change it out. thats what i did for my poison ivy. so i think he's gonna try that. Hugs Medo

o

Guardian Angel Prayer

Angel of God, My Guardian Dear
to whom God's love commits me here.

Ever this day be at my side
to light and guard and rule and guide.

Amen.

Michele, this is the prayer we used to say to our guardian angel when we were little kids. I always felt safe and secure knowing my guardian angel was looking after me. I am sending it on to you for your family.

love,
Tracy

o

Hey all - sounds like everyone had a busy day. I spent mine in the ER with my granny. She passed out sitting at the table, fell and hit her head on the ornamental iron work in between their living room and dining room. She was knocked out for a few minutes and then was disoriented so my dad and gramps called 911 and they brought her in. Her doc had her on two HBP meds and then her kidney doc started her on Lasix a few days ago and her blood pressure just bottomed out. The ER flushed her system and told her to stop 2 of her meds until she can see her reg. doc on Monday. She is fine now, just weak. Its just always scary when you are dealing with someone her age - almost 85. I stayed by my brother and sister in law tonight so I can go to grannys in the morning without having to drive back and forth - about 30 miles each way. Am on my SIL's laptop - grrrr I am too used to my desktop.

Yesterday I went to the nursery around the corner from my house and just had to buy some things for my bf/hb garden. I planted them before hubby got home and told him - look baby see how well my seeds grew! Its that Miracle Grow I feed them LMBO! He just looked at me and said - you grew these from seeds? I laffed - he knew - busted! LOL

Michele - so sorry to hear about everything going on - it always all comes at once doesn't it? I'll keep them all in my T&P. I'm excited for you about Grant's posible new job. good luck!! See things do happen for a reason - that is prolly why the GH could never get put up! Just think of all the money you can make selling all those plants. Then we can all send back some of the seeds you sent us so you can start over LOL

Tracey - wow you got a lot accomplished! You must have been exhausted tonight. I can just imagine you riding that lawn mower with a big grin on your face - if you lived closer to Kathy I would swear you'd be wearing a cowgirl hat and hollering Giddyup with each pass on the lawn lol I know I owe you the "next chapter" lol maybe Sunday.

Kathy - great finds at the g.s.! You are so creative! Your wedding is going to be so wonderful. make sure you get lots of pics to share with us! Dorito casserole huh? You have to tell us about that.

Bunny you are badddd LOl too funny - and ahhh if your nakey ladies have hairy ones - are they really "ladies"??? LMBO Love the graphics. Hope you had a good homecoming with William. The roses sound wonderful - I love fragrant roses. So many of the new ones have no fragrance :( I'm going to check that co. out - I still have a few weeks left to plant roses. Awesome box!

Poor Linda - you will never live down having big ones! lol

Pixie - your lil birdies are Carolina Wrens. Same thing I had in my birdhouse under the patio. They are adorable aren't they? My bluebird babies hatched sometime between yesterday evening and this morning. Heard them chirping for the first time this morning. Can't wait to see them.

Dan and I exchanged emails last night and he gave me some good info to work with. I had picked up a couple of things for my box but was really waiting for partners to be assigned. Will probably get my box out to him by mid-week. Have ya'll read through his "Confessions"?? He is too funny!

Oh- ya'll were really talkative the last two days - took me forever to read through and try to respond to most things. Off to bed I go for now - May not be back until Sunday evening. Have a great weekend all! Hugs, Em.

o

Coffee

Good Morning!

Miss Em, I am so glad your Granny is doing better. She must have scared the heart out of all of you! I am glad they are readjusting her medications.

It is amazing how many medicines people are put on as they get older. My inlaws have a tray that they pull out every Sunday morning. It looks like a smorgasborg of pills. I sit in amazement as they fill up their m-f pill boxes for each of them. MIL takes care of both of their pills. I think she could be a certified pharmacist with the way she whips them into their boxes.

I was very tired last night but couldn't seem to unwind after my big day. I keep thinking of all the things I still need to do in the yard and all the plantings I need to do after the final freeze comes and goes. I hate this part of spring because the weather is so nice and I am itching to plant but I KNOW we will get a heavy frost in the beginning of May. Patience is not one of my strong suits! LOL!

You have me laughing at Bunny's Hairy One's all over again. Thanks a lot. I just got my mind OUT of the gutter! LOL!

Alright, some of you know each other from the seeds forum and the rest of us are clueless! What are these confessions and where are they? I am dying to see what naughtiness Dan has been up to! Let me in on it, I don't do well in the dark! lol!

Signed,

Stiff and Sore from her sudden garden activities,
Tracy

o

Tracy do a search on the forums for Dan_the_mailman, the thread is called something like Confessions of a Serial gardner - too funny

o

I'm keeping everyone in my heart and prayers. It seems to be a rash of misfortune lately. :(

Well, the boys' school had a Spring plant sale this morning, and unlike the fall one they held last year, there were actually plants available. Last Fall, the teachers had bought all but maybe 10 flats and a small amount of the larger pots, and it was very overpriced. I don't mind paying a little more, since it's for the school, but I'm talking WAY over priced. I paid $10 each for 2 10" potted Mums. That was about all they had. My Soon to Be MIL bought the same as I did. We were both pretty disappointed because we were looking forward to several of the fall plants they'd mentioned on the flyer. And we were the first ones there (We only live a block straight down from the school and Cliff's Mom had come over here) and they were setting out the plants, but there was like nothing!

So, this one was better, they had everything except the Wandering Jew and a type ( can't remember which) of Ivy was sent in their place, but that was fine with me cause I've gotten a couple of Wandering Jew cuttings. Vince and Dev helped me choose out some Coleus (two different varieties), some gorgeous mixed Portulaca, they picked out a Dusty Miller each (surprise there! I'd thought they would go for some of the brighter flowers!But they said "Well, Mom, you said we had some Vinca seed, and some scented geraniums coming and those geraniums weren't the scented ones! And you said we've got seeds and some planted of the Impatien and Marigolds (and those were the big marigolds! Not the dwarf ones we like!) and that we've got lots of sizes of Hostas and lots of Petunias and Lantana. So we wanted a couple things we didn't have and the Dusty Miller will shine like silver under the bright flowers!" Gosh, gotta love smart kids! And I only told them once as we walked through what we have already! They also had Begonias, which I have some seed for and hit a wonderful sale on 6pks at WalMart on on Earth Day, larger Zinnias,Sweet Potato Vines, Salvia (which I have tons of different types) Tomato plants (which I have plenty of, though some of these had tomatoes already formed. Most of the plants were $1.50 for a larger growing cell, which has several plants in each one (so hopefully I can separate them!)and the hanging baskets were $10 each and the Caladiums (the paler colors) were $5.00 each and rather good sized.

We spent about $14 on two each of the Coleus- Dragon Black and what looks like it might be Bronze Pagoda (no tag :( ), three Portulaca- Sundial Mix, and the two Dusty Miller - Silverdust. The boys are thrilled. They get to help plant and take care of them!

Kathy

o

WOW!! they are some pretty cool sounding plants!! and your kids must be pretty happy!!
tabor was sooo happy today, i got mail and he was looking in and saw eyeball plant!! he says medievil garden!!! i said yep will look cool!!
WOW tracy!! i love that prayer! thank you so much!! :'))

sorry to hear about your gammy em, i hope she gets better soon!! thank you for keeping my family in your t&p
yes i just started reading his confessions, LOL he has quite a knack for writing!! :')) the wording is something else!! love it!!
my two kids are something else!! love them so much!! but so mean to each other!! Hugs Medo :'))

o

Miss Emily and Michelle, just letting ya'll know that your in our thoughts and prayers!

Kathy WOW great plants the boys got!!!

Thanks Miss Emily for the info on my lil birdies, I didn't know what they were other than babies lol. SOOO now I am back at the "empty nest" stage lol. (that was explained to me cause I didn't put 2 & 2 together lol)

Beautiful Prayer Ducky! I love that! How ya feeling today? Hows your sunburn????

My Tom Thumb Impatiens are blooming a real pretty pinkish red (more red than pink) with white on the throat, very nice! I just love this time of year!!!

Great "Confessions" Dan, very talented you are!!! Glad your with this group of us!

Michelle the eyeball plants are really neat!!! I also just put my hairy balls in a spot in my love garden.

Melissa I had keyboard shock from laughin so hard at your ummm hmmm "next swap theme" LMAO!!!

Ok well back outside for me, tryin to put my plants that need to be in the ground in a spot that they will be happy at. I need a field for my backyard!!!!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Wheeeeeze, hack, cough, gasp, hehhh ehhhh, Hi... gasp, I just finished cutting the front grass, wheeeeeze, the riding mower wouldn't start, gasp, so I had to use the, inhale, push mower, exhale, deep breath, exhale...

There, much better now. I was soooooooo mad! The battery died on the riding mower so I called hubby to find out where the battery charger is. He says look in the shed, look in the shop, look in the garage... NOWHERE is it to be found! Then I call Ted, he says Dad brought it over to Grandma and Grandpa's house and it is still there! Agh! Grrrr, grump! So anyhow, 1/3 of the yard is mowed and it is about to start raining. Sniff, whimper, sigh... I was hoping to get it all done before the rain. Oh well.

My sunburn you ask? Yesterday I looked like thisrubber duck ducky

Today it is already mostly faded and not sore at all. I'm back to my normal peachy keen old self again. See...
rubber duck

o

I'm so happy Tabor liked the Eyeball plant! Devin and Vince are watching for theirs to sprout!

Kathy

o

LOL poor tracy!! tabor has to use the dang push mower cuz he didn't take care of the rider, that's alot of lawn to mow!!! :'(( i did that once!! it was horrible!! blisters everywhere on my palms!! i was too sore!! but of course the grass was up to my knee's!! NO KIDDING!!! LOL and the dang filter was plugged and i didn't know it!! LOL all i knew was that it kept dying on me!! HEE HEE i'll never do that one again!! **rolls eyes** **big grinn** that's what i got the boy for LOL HEE HEE Hugs Medo

o

Michele, I am laughing so hard at you using that poor boy! LOL! Big grin back at ya. Ruined the riding mower! Now that is an indispensible tool... as I found out today! lol! I am lucky, I didn't end up with blisters and the push mower was working fine. I guess I just got a good cardio work out from it. :P I'll sleep good tonight, eh?
CUTE KITTY

o

I want to know what's up with our weather?? I woke up this morning to it snowing. Didn't last too long - about ten or 15 minutes. Then it started hailing, at times it was "pouring hail", then stopped, then started. Now it's almost 6:00 PM and the sun's out. Go figure. Someone said that it set a record today for snow latest in the season. Forget records - I just want Spring...the yard is calling my name!!

Sandy

o

We've had a busy & fun day!
Hubby planned an outing for us, a "secret" outing! LOL He bought snacks & made all the plans....just loaded us up in the 'burban this morning & headed out! We went to a place about 10 miles from where we grew up - Devils Den. We spent so much of our youth there...it was great going back. Haven't been there for a few years, even though it's only 40 miles from home now!
Anyway, we were stunned at the amount of damage the flood waters have done! Gee Whiz, entire roads gone, bridges wiped out...the water crested at about 50' from the shore line (where the water is NOW, which is STILL flooded!)

Here's some pictures from one place we stopped at today:

This is all the family - minus me & William, we were on top of the bluff, while the others were enjoying the water- which was bout 15 ft below!
Photobucket

This is the view from where I was standing. With William on the edge, giving me a heart attack! LOL
Photobucket

This is the trail to the top, you can see the river below.
Photobucket

This shows approximately where we were standing (on the top right). It's really not that high up, but for scale..the first tree in the foreground is about 20-25' tall.
Photobucket

o

Kathy,Thank You

Thank you! I just started going through today's mail and what did I find?! The awesome, amazing prize envie that you sent! Woo Hoo! I was blown away by all the seeds in here! I love the way you packaged them, when I opened the envie they spilled out like linked lotto tickets! How fun! I was cracking up at the certificate for the Ghost Story Telling Contest! You are so creative! It is going up on my cork board!

Here is the great big list of all that Kathy sent:
Agapanthus Storm Cloud (such a gorgeous bloom!)
Hibiscus Star of Texas (This will be going in the new front bed)
Hibiscus Manihot (Beautiful creamy yellow with a dark eye! I love it! )
Wisteria (Gonna have to get on hubby to build my pergola!)
Stephanotis (I am adding white into my gardens and this vine is perfect!)
English Rose Hips (so cool, can I just go ahead and plant these? Do I need to do anything special?)
Sweet Shrub (perfect for my shade garden!)
Pandora Vine (this is a beautiful tropical!)
Scabiosa Black Night (this is stunning! Definitely going in the front bed! Wow!)
Purple Pea Aster (very pretty and delicate)
Agapanthus Medium Blue (can't wait to see this bloom)
Chocolate Mint (YUM! I've been drooling over this for a long time!)
Louisiana Iris (Pixie has one of these and I love it! Now I have some too! Yay!)

Kathy, you really went all out on these seeds. Thank you so much! I don't have a single one of these and I love them all. I sat here and looked up every last one as I was posting and each is so beautiful. Thank you again. You are such a lovely lady.

Hugs,
Tracy

o
Bunny

Melissa, what an amazing hubby you have! Those pictures are awesome! I am glad you had such a nice day with your family. I bet the kids had a blast!

o

yes tracy!! you'll sleep great tonight!! LOL
omgoodness!! melissa, that is beautifull!! WOW!!! and to share that with someone ya grew up with!! HUH!! that is soooo cool!! man you are the bomb!!
Smiley Face

what did everyone do today?? we moved stuff around and got the rest of almost everything out of the house!! WEEEEEE
Smiley Face

tomarrow we are going to church with the people i bible study with, we have been there befor, it is kinda interesting. no more than ours. if we get to move then we could go to my dads church, only prob. his is great for the music, but i don't get the learning i get from this one.
Smiley Face
i know that God has a plan, i just wish he'd just show it to me so i can prepare for it!! LOL HEE HEE
ohhh my Sandy!! i don't miss that weather at all!! i don't know what i'd do if that happend, i'm soooo ready to be digging in the dirt, but its so funny, patrick, the little kid accross the street, ya remember from last year?? well he's just so anxious to get gardening that he just keeps asking if theres anything that needs to be planted, so i let him, LOL while i keep dragging stuff out of the house, and off the porch, ohhh that kid LOVES to garden!! LOL i remember last year!! he loved going on walks with us so he could dig up stuff out of the ditches and stuff to bring home to put in our yard!! LOL it was funny!! LOL and of course the creek afterwards!! LOL i'm waiting till tues to plant my bulbs so i can find out if we are moving or not. or should i go ahead and plant them?? he wont have to go to the class till june. wont grad for 3 month. then we'd have to move. so technically have till sept. i think. unless someone bought it. i probably should not plant them. if he gets the job. unless i do so in a planter. ya, that could work right?? Hugs Medo

o

Tracy, I'm so glad you like the seeds! Gosh, I didn't realize there were so many! LOL! And I packaged them! On the Rose seeds, I have planted mine in a seed starter and plan to plant them out once they're bigger and stronger. I actually might repot them a couple times before planting them out, we'll see how they do. I think I want to wait until they get some real 'wood' to them before I set them out. I have the same seeds that I sent to both you and Linda and I'm really excited about them. I can't wait to see them blooming in my own garden!

Well, today we had absolutely beautiful weather! It started out cool, warmed as the day went on. Started out with the plant sale, then everyone helping with a major house cleaning. We cleaned out and reorganized the storage building and now you can actually walk in there and find things! Then we planted the new plants and mowed the yard and weeded around the house and fence. Oh! And I still had time, while running in and out to take a short break, to win a contest that Sassy did in the Sponsoring Newbies Plant swap! My prize is a GORGEOUS daylily! I can't wait to get it!

And I'm, doing a trade for a Chinese Dogwood tree (not sure if seeds or cutting yet)that I'm gonna pot in a large tree pot and hopefully it will stay dwarfed that way :)

And I'm considering applying for at least a part time job at a plant nursery after the wedding. That way I can make a little money, and possibly get things they're throwing out that I might nurture back to health. Not to mention discounts!!!!

And Cliff and I were looking at things that can be made from pallets and I think we're gonna see if our local Home Depot gives them away. We're seeing everything from a fence for my veggie garden to keep Snarf from getting excited and running through it to trample my seedlings to a potting shed and perhaps a larger storage building to tables and a potting bench to picnic table. I'm also looking in to broken brick to make a permanent grill.. but i want one larger than normal, anyone with ideas for the grill part?

We've been doing lots of brainstorming today :) And this red head is red all over from being outside all day! Not bad red, I'm too careful for that, just a rose flush that will probably peel away to leave freckled, white skin :(

Kathy

o

ohhh my!! LOL be careful!! don't ya know that redheads ares supposed to be very careful in the sun!!! **shaking my head** geez woman you have to be careful,,,,wedding!! LOL dont want to be burnt for the wedding night!!! LOL Hugs Medo

o

Okay, maybe it's the rum and coke, but I don't think so. I've only had one glassful. I've been reading this thread from beginning to end, and keep falling out of my chair from laughing so hard! I love those pictures of Linda's bigguns, and where are you all getting eyeballs, naked ladies, and hairy balls? Huh? Where? That's just too, too funny!!!
And, for those of you who haven't read them, I've been writing "Confessions of a Serial Gardener" over in the seed trade conversations forum. I like writing, and sharing it with all my new friends here on the ol' GW. And, to those who've made such nice remarks about my "Confessions", THANK YOU! I'm glad to know I've been making you smile!
And, that's about it for me tonight. I'm going to do some more shopping in the morning so I can send out my box to Carol on Monday (if I can get everything I want for it tomorrow).

You Had Me From Hello by Kenny Chesney
One word, that's all you said
Somethin' in your voice caused me to turn my head.
Your smile, just captured me
And you were in my future as far as I could see
And I don't know how it happened, but it happened still
You asked me if I love you, if I always will

Well you had me from "Hello"
I felt love start to grow
The moment that I looked into your eyes, you won me
It was over from the start
You completely stole my heart
And now you won't let go
I never even had a chance you know
You had me from "Hello"

Inside, I built a wall
So high around my heart, I thought I'd never fall
One touch, you brought it down
The bricks of my defenses scattered on the ground
And I swore to me I wasn't gonna love again
The last time was the last time I let someone in

But you had me from "Hello"
I felt love start to grow
The moment that I looked into your eyes, you won me
It was over from the start
You completely stole my heart
And now you won't let go
I never even had a chance you know
You had me from "Hello"

That's all you said
Somethin' in your voice caused me to turn my head
You had me from "Hello"
You had me from "Hello"
Girl I've loved you from "Hello"

o

Oh Dan, you made my heart hiccup! I love that song, it reminds me of the movie Jerry McGuire when Tom Cruise walked into Renee Zelwigger's house and he was telling her how much he couldn't stand not being able to be with her and it was all in front of the recovering divorced women's group. Renee told him to shut up and then said "you had me from Hello..." Sappy romantic at heart over here! LOL! The hubby always teases me when that movie is playing on cable cause I am such a soft touch for shmoozy stuff. :p

I was reading your Confessions today and I loved all of your musings. You have a wonderful way of tapping into the imagination. I could literally see the wayward ivy that had dared to step outside it's designated home. You had me chuckling and nearly in tears at others. Please keep up with the confessions. You are very gifted.

Oh, if you are going to hang with us... you might consider a chair with armrests to keep you in an upright position. Something to hang onto in case of emergencies, you know? A sneeze guard might be helpful too for the computer screen. Eruptive fluids have been known to fly on occasion! LOL!

Tracy

o

HELLO!!!Wow lots going on huh? I'm tired from Tracy's yard work,Bunny's trip,Medont's move.Jealous of Kathy's rebar & plant finds & Pixie's baby birds.Emily, you & the family are in my thoughts!If I left anyone out sorry.Oh...Dan thanks for the Kenny lyrics.This should help get vampire images outta my head!kenny

Just got finished watching '30 days of Night'with hubby.ICK & DOUBLE ICK!!! I hate blood & gore!I don't even know why I did it. He never watches my "chick flicks" with me. Take a look at my first bowling ball artBowling Ball yard art.Next one I will spray paint then add stones. Found some cool looking Uish(<~~~not a word)shaped thingys at Wallyworld.
I'm off to bed.Later...April/dirt

o

well, since you've already mentioned vampires, and, seeing as how this is the AFTER DARK round robin, here are some more lyrics.....

Bloodletting (the Vampire Song) by Concrete Blonde

There's a crack in the mirror
and a bloodstain on the bed -
There's a crack in the mirror
and a bloodstain on the bed -
O you were a vampire and baby
I'm the walking dead
O you were a vampire and baby
I'm the walking dead

(chorus)
I got the ways and means
to New Orleans I'm going
down by the river
where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, and walk around
I got a lot to think about oh yeah oh yeah

There's a rocking chair by the window
down the hall
I hear something there in the shadow
down the hall
O you were a vampire and now I am
nothing at all
O you were a vampire and now I am
nothing at all

(chorus)

They used to dance in the garden in the
middle of the night
Dancing out in the garden in the
middle of the night
O you were a vampire
and I may never see the light
O you were a vampire
and I may never see the light

(chorus)

This song has always reminded me of the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. If you've never read them, I highly recommend them! I read them every 2 or 3 years.....

And now I'm going to bed for real! I can barely keep my eyes open.....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!

And Tracy? My office chair does have armrests! hehehe

o

Photobucket

o

April! That turned out GORGEOUS!! I love it!! I like how you made the flower design. That's a great idea. You are very talented! I can't wait to see your next one. :O)

Tracy, I might add....a nice big yoga pad on the floor beside the chair is a MUST, too! For those ROFLMBO moments! And when we fall out of the chair after projectile spitting.
Hmmm....HandiWipes and a squeegee are always good to have on hand, too.

o

Good morning all :)

Nothing beats walking through the garden at sunrise, coffee in hand, listening to all the birds waking up, talking about breakfast LOL. I think that is my all time fave thing to do!

Dan - have you read any of her other books? I love Anne Rice - used to have all her books. Ever read Dean Koontz or Greg Illes? Oh man - I want to live back in New Orleans! LOL love that Kenny Chesney song - and here I thought you didn't like country? It is such a sappy song ya gotta love it. Warm fuzzy feel good song LOL

Thanks April and everyone for their T&P's. She is doing well. I spent the day there yesterday. Since they took her off two of the meds, she is feeling better. Only thing is that she now has a shiner and her eye is swollen, luckily not closed. She goes to doc tomorrow.

April - love the gazing/bowling ball. So creative - I would never think of doing those things! i need to read some of the yard art threads.

Kathy - awesome prizes!

bunny - so sweet of hubby to surprise ya'll like that! Awesome pics - wish I were there!

Tracy - you are going to have so much fun with all those seeds - can I come help? :)

Michele - you better put those bulbs in a container - I just know you are moving! :) Tell the kiddies hello for me. I am still going through the seeds over and over to pick which ones I will sow next.
Got some great strawberries yesterday that were just picked the day before. So sweet and fresh. I like to slice them and put them on biscuits for breakfast. So off I go to get that started. We are going to a street antique fair today, lots of vendors of antiques and all sorts of other things. Usually no plants but they do have yard art, birdhouse and feeders, etc. Can't wait till we finish remodeling so I can start buying some things for the house. Have a wonderful Sunday all - cya'll this evening. Hugs Em.

o

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, waking up to the sounds of my two cats demolishing the house with one another, tromping down the hall like a couple of elephants, opening up ALL the cupboard doors and investigating the contents therein, then jumping on the bed to close in on me and yowl in my ear to tell me it's time to get up. Good thing for them that I love'em so much! hehehe

Em, don't get your hopes up about me going country. I'll always remain a rock-n-roller at heart. I only know about the K.C. song because I ladyfriend in Missouri I've been talking with sent it to me. Now, you ladies just sit back down, and relax. I can just see all your ears perking up, thinking I've got something going on that you "must" know about! LOL! She's got a life in Missouri, and I've got one here in Michigan. So, I guess that's how it will stay.
Anyway, she's a big country music fan, and that's where I got the song from.
And, yes Em, I've read quite a few from Anne Rice. We even had a Vampire Club in college, and rank in the club was based on how many of the VC you had read. It was a lot of fun! I've also read the Mayfair Witches, and a good number of her stand-alone books. I've read a good number of Koontz, and almost everything by Stephen King (and I really recommend Duma Key and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon if you've not read them yet), but I'm unfamiliar with Greg Illes. Which one of his would you recommend I start with?

Well Kiddies, I'm off to start the sprinklers (gotta kill that lawn today to make room for what I really want to grow) and go do some lazy, Sunday-morning shopping. Y'all take care, and I'll see you back here later today!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT SUNDAE SUNDAY!!!

-Dan, S.G.

o

LOL! Dan, you are a nut! You fit in here just fine! :) Well, I woke up to the sound of Vince and Devin playing quietly in their bedroom. They really are good kids. If there's no adult/older sibling up, they'll just play quietly in their room until someone else wakes up...or 10 am (yeah, like I EVER manage that!) get here before waking someone. Started coffee and it's now filling the house with the wonderful, rich scent! In a little while, I'm gonna take a mug out to the gazebo and just enjoy what looks like another gorgeous morning. The homing pigeons the next door neighbor are cooing softly, I can hear them through the window. And I can see one of the several doves that nest around here on the wire line. What wonderful sounds to enjoy first thing in the morning!

Today's plans: Well, we're going to Charles and Farah's Baby shower for Aidon and Xavier at 3. That should be a lot of fun and I can't wait to visit with the boys again! Cliff's still sleeping, so I may slip out and plant some more bulbs- some Bleeding hearts that WalMart has on sale, some freesia and some caladiums that my daughter bought me. I've got a homemade loaf of cinnamon bread and one of apple mint bread that are rising the final time that I'm gonna put into the oven shortly. We got all the big work done yesterday, so today is gonna be a lazy day. We'll probably play around on the computers and video games, then later Cliff and I are going to the baby shower. This evening I'll probably either do leftovers or sandwiches for dinner, and just make it really a lazy day!

Kathy

o

Emily, please come up here! That would be so fun! Bring your packs and we can trade them like the kids trade baseball cards! LOL! Can you see us sitting on the floor "I'll trade you two liatris for your heuchera..."

Bunny, yoga mat sounds perfect! Hmmm, or maybe a trampoline to bounce us right back in the chair? LOL!

April, I love the bowling ball! I never would have thought to do that. It turned out so pretty! My cousin is creative like that. He drilled a hole in a sparkly blue bb and fitted it with a pond pump and now it has water trickling over it down into a bed of smooth black rocks. It looks so cool! I can't wait to see the next one you do!

We made pancakes here this morning. I had to have made at least 50 of them and the kids demolished all of them! I was hoping to freeze the leftovers for a couple of quick breakfasts. No luck there!

I love a slow Sunday morning. We have a graduation party this afternoon for the son of a friend of ours. He graduated from the Marine Corps basic a week ago. I'm not sure where he is off to next. I can only hope that he stays safe. He is one of Ted's friends from when they were little guys. I can't believe these kids are old enough to enlist now.

o

I know, Tracy! It kinda shocked me to how grown up he was when my second to oldest son had to fill out his Selective Service info! Really made me feel old! I'm not old!! I'm 18... okay, okay.. 38, but I feel and act like I'm 18! Darn it! They aren't suppose to make me feel my age!! *scowls at her bratlings, muttering, skulks back out to her gazebo*

Kathy

o

LOL Kathy is there a thing as age??? I have a couple people that keep track of my age for me, seriously!!! Its still hard to believe how quick these kids grow up though!

Today will be a lazy day here also lol, hmmm actually all weekend has been lazy. Fox has been away this weekend so its just been me and the kiddos. Alan has had to work this weekend so he's not been around either.

Laughing at Dan being awakened to his cats, I wonder if you will babysit my "kiddo's" one weekend??? Mud stomps her feet and barks as if saying "let me out" sheesh this starts very early daily! Rebs is just my patient lil sweetheart!

April that bowling ball is awesome! I love the flower pattern ya'll did!

Well Im going back outside and see what I can plant or move today.

Have a great day everyone.

Pixie

o
Yawn...

Mroning girls & Dan...

Dan, we have a cat who happily sits on your chest, and licks the tip of your nose to wake you. If after a few tries you do not respond she moves to nipping your nose.

Apple mint bread sounds interesting.

This should be our last week of cool enough weather to set out transplants, before the heat comes in, so I'm out in the veggie garden this weekend, then I can tend to my completely neglected flower beds. Mr fishy is wondering why I just can't leave a bare patch of dirt on the ground, because the weeds will grow there of course!

Yesterday, he brought me home a clementine and planted it for me, so that has me rather happy, I think I'll return the favor with getting him an avacado to shade his "man grill" he's getting for father's day.

o

ok we moved everything to the "front"!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

you are more than welcome to "browse" thru my photo's, uhhhh don't mind the mess, its mostly that way, and now it's getting better, only cuz its outside!! LOL so you know i'm soooo smiling!! i'll have to show you pics of tabors medievil garden when he lets me take a pic, he says its not ready yet, but its to the left of the pic with the bunch of stuff. the one with the picnick table i have alot of stuff to the right of the table. like 7 more cell packs that have 18 cells in them. i filled that yard up!! pretty soon befor we mow we are gonna start digging up some of the cherry tree (dwarf) so we can trade/sell them!! LOL it will be awesome!! i just never knew what i had!! LOL
you are so lucky to have the clematis!! LOL only so far a few have come up! today i decided to go topless!! it was so invigorating!! i wonder what everyone will think?? LOL i just decided to let it all hang out!! WHEW i bet them plants were happy to have fresh air!! i know 1 day befor the last frost date but i couldn't help it!! LOL Hugs Medo **big grinn**

o

WOW double WOW WOW!!! Michelle - I cant believe you have seeds left! lol

o

Holy Moly, Michele!! You've been a busy little booger this winter, haven't you?? LOL
Now...just HOW are you going to walk through that yard, young lady??? :O)

o

LOL i have NO idea?? if we move i really have no idea?? LOL i'll have LOTS of food!! that's for sure!! once i figure out whats food!! LOL hmmmmm......i know at least half of the winter sowing stuff is food!! HEE HEE now i told hubby i'll need a small uhaul for my plants!! **big grin** the key is BEFOR they grow!!! LOL

o

WOWSER Michelle!!!!

You can open your own nursery!!!! I bet the Fairys and Pixies love playing hide and seek between all those seedlings!!!!!

o
Music in the air

i hope so!! talla will just love it!! i can hear some music playing during the day, don't know where it comes from, but i can hear it!! LOL its just there!! i LOVE it!! :'>> i can't wait till we can get some stuff to make the sq ft boxes!! and get the dirt in there!! then my yard will look tons better!! litterally!! LOL and as soon as i find out anything on our "maybe move" i'll certainly let ya know!! tomarrow is his interview, we are leaving at 7 in the morning so he can get there early in the morning!! and we can visit with my dad more while he does the interview. :'>>

o

Woowee! That there is a bunch of plants! Holy Moly! I am laughing so hard. Ed was peaking over my shoulder reading some of the posts and then he saw your containers. I told him that I do not want to hear any more griping about my ws pot ghetto, it could be a lot bigger, SEE?! LOL! Michele you are going to need something a bit bigger than a small uhaul, I'm thinking a flatbed might be in order. :o) Tell Grant we said Good Luck to him! I hope your Dad is getting better and is feeling more like his old self! Big hugs!

Tracy

o

so.....Michelle is now showing off her jugs too???

Sorry Michelle, I couldn't help it! LMBO & LMAO too!!!

o

i'll tell him!! ya ed is pretty lucky!! LOL you probably don't start every seed ya got so ya can get rid of them all!! LOL i still have a "few" LOL i think i'm gonna start collecting bulbs, alot easier i think!! uhhh maybe??? LOL

o
topless too!!!! lol

ohhh ya know i had too!! LOL and topless no doubt!! LOL **big grinn** i read to grant what i was writing he just shook his head and laughed, he said you woman!!! LOL HEE HEE
Smiley Face

o

Michele - here's a pic of the fern root you sent me - its growing! Yea!

[IMG]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg258/EPClements/042008 garden and plants/100_0710.jpg[/IMG]

o
drats!

Someone tell me how to do this again please - am having an oldtimers moment again! lol

o

LMAO Made ma Kiddos look up I was laughin so hard!!! (old pic here but thats about what they looked like!!!)

Kisses

laughing Tink

Ducky, I don't think I will show Fox all the seedlings Michelle has!!!! He thinks I have too many so no need for any comments!

Michelle I think I need a rib sling now from laughing so hard at you going topless!! I bet Grant just laughs constantly right? lol No shocking him eh? Your a sweetie and a hoot girlie!!!

o
try try again

Photobucket

o
unknown

Anyone know what this might be - popped up in yard - neighbor tells me prior owner planted it and that it is like a cross between a daylily and a amaryllis and that it is red and white

Photobucket

o

I'm thinking it's a spider lily? The foliage looks very similar to the ones I have in my flower bed. They're a bit like naked ladies.
Um...but you may want to get the other ladies opinions. :O) They know more than I do, most times!!

o
Plants

I have no clue but I have some very similar to that in my cottage bed so when ya find out let me know, maybe mine is the same! It looks pretty. Where is my Plant Guider??? DUCKYYYY where are you???? She always knows when I ask her "what the hades is this???" Melissa you have helped alot also you are super smart when it comes to plants!

o

i would say amaryllis but has too many of those leafs, i want spider lilys!!! ohhhh your sooo lucky!!! i really do have to get these guys ready for bed!! LOL but who really wants to?? LOL i don't ick and double ick.
bethany said jareds things on his legs are looking a LITTLE bit better. ohhhh i feel so much better!! i just pray that sruff doesn't get into his blood!!
yes occasionally he does crack up, when the house is clean!! LOL today he was and the house wasn't, but he was happy cuz all the plants were moved out, well most of them, LOL i still have a few more, and most of the seeds were enabled to someone else!! LOL HEE HEE so yep, he's happy, and i did promise to get this house in "order" whatever that means, LOL but it makes him happy, and its his night off work but he works in eskridge tonight, so he's home early. so ya know, he's ummm happy. ya. LOL
WOW em!! she's starting to look pretty!! hopefully when we go to salina and such we'll see something i like for ya!! LOL i know ya don't need gloves :')) unless your hard on them!! LOL now tabor cuts the fingers out of gloves so he's hard on them and talla cut the fingers out of hers too. crazy girl. LOL but that was ok by me cuz it was her fake winter gloves, LOL they both need some reall garden gloves, that kid has hands about as big as mine!! he is almost as tall as me, he comes up to my nose now!! geez!! i need to put a cinder block on that kid!! but talla is catching up fast!! ahhhhh
Smiley Face

i heard that next year they are coming out with a car that is gonna run on air, for "gas" how cool is that??!!! it was on the news. thats why they are getting rid of all these cars for dirt cheap and 0% interest. ya now i don't want a new truck!!! LOL

o

this group just gets more interesting all the time! not only have I met a great group of fellow gardeners,
but some of you ladies are now going topless, and once
again there's talk about naked ladies.

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I THINK I'M IN LOVE!!!
(or, is that just heartburn?)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(somewhat maniacal laughter)

-dAn
(putting final touches to tonights boxes)

o

I just found this picture of a hairy ball seed pod, my plant isn't large enough to bloom yet but in a couple weeks it should.

hairy ball pod

I am waiting on my nekkid ladies to bloom to see what color they are.

LOL @ the IN LOVE vs. Heartburn!!! This is a great group of gardeners and its soo nice that we are meeting new people!

WHOOOHOOO I have several lil cucumbers now and several lil toms too! I have tons of peppers that I need to do something with (I don't like spicy/hot foods lol but the guys do). This summer when all my "crops" are going I am going to sit out on the edge of town playing "Good Directions" by Billy Currington and selling veggies!! LMAO seriously!!! (OK SO Imma hick lmao!!!) I also promised Nan that I would make some "homemade dill pickles" lol. Oh well I am going to try!

Pixie

o

Ok, I did a search on spider lily foliage and from what I can tell in the pictures that I found the SL seems to have more spear like leaves coming up from the base of the plant in a bit of a fan shape. My Daylilies seem to be coming up in a stalk before they fan out more like what I am seeing of the one in the center of Ems picture. So I guess Daylily but definitely could be wrong...

My DL's are just starting to fan out. I am way behind yours in growth but catching up quick! It seems that some furry little critter has been munching on some of them recently... Thought we had an agreement, time for the paintball gun to come out of mothballs. I'm gonna have to splat a rabbit!

Trina, you have WAY too much faith in my id's! LOL! Love the pics of "the kiddos" given each other a hug (I hope that is what they are doing! LOL) Love your hairy ball by the way.

Michele, you are a shameless hussy, taking your top off in the front of your house like that! Good Grief! What did the neighbors say?

Here is a link that might be useful: the best foliage pic of SL I could find:o(

o

I have an amaryllis and its not the same thing. i looked up spider lily and it doesn't look the same. I wish I would have gotten a pic of them from the ground so you could see what the bottom of them look like. They are over an inch or two before the leaves come out. When we rented this house for those 10 months - I think my darlin dear hubby might have been cutting them down with the lawnmover or weedeater lol This is first time I am seeing them like this. Lots of lil babies coming up with the larger ones.

Michele - yes she is - I wanted to take a pic the other day when one lil leaf was popped up and starting to unfurl. I got sidetracked and thought about it today. No I do not need gloves LOL I haven't worn them out - YET lol keep in mind that aside from my b/f garden I have sunny areas in the front of the house. I need to start working on those beds soon too. So sunny, shady, bf/hb - not - its all good :)

o

so i have a W I D E range to go!! LOL **onery laugh** LOL
well the neighbors sure were looking to see what i was up to!! that's for sure!! LOL i don't think they had a clue what it was!! LOL gotta get to bed and sleep all. ya'll have a greaat night!! hope to have some kinda news tomarrow!! Hugs Medo!!

o

Michele, I just caught that Jared's sores are looking better! Thank goodness! That is good news. I will keep praying that the infection gets under control.

Hugs,
Tracy

o
Happy fishy

Thanks for the giggles girls, I'm feeling better this week. Put up all the nursery stuff I'd ordered, so I'm not staring at the boxes of cribs and such (mr fishy went a bit overboard with the baby buying).
For some reason I don't think I have shady's address? (confession: I messed up outlook so bad that we had to port over to outlook 07 to fix it, a email may have gone into the abyss). I'm still looking for 1 item to tuck into my box, gonna drive into the city for work tomorrow, and do some looking there.
Sending good thought out to you all tonight.

o

i sent ya an email :')) i'm sooo glad your feeling better!! and how is your mr fishy doing? i certainly hope better!!
thank you for the prayers on my brother and dad and susie. its definately helping!! ***big huge hugs***
Hugs Medo

o

Got a quick question....Do daylilies have to be mailed 3 day? It was for a prize on another thread. They are pretty hardy buggers.Any thoughts?
later...April/dirt

o

Daylilies should be fine first class or parcel. They can live for days without moisture...and they will bounce right back even though they might look fried when they get there.
They are really difficult to kill. :O)

o

Okay Carol, your boxes are on their way! Enjoy!

As for me..... I've got another day off, the lawn is dying (hehehe) and I'm gonna go play in my garden!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

dAn

o
Thought So!

Thanks Bunny!
April/dirt

o

I have some iris blooming this morning! Yay!
The only problem is...I have NO IDEA which ones they are! LOL
They are planted right by the "kingsland royal" & "michael paul" iris...but they don't look like either one. They're too redish to be MP, the one I have is a very deep purple..but they dont' look like the KR either...
Maybe they are a different variety altogether? Any ideas??

o

oooh those are PRETTYYYYY Bunny!! I dunno what kind they are either, but they're gorgeous!

I need your address hon so I can get your box mailed out to you! Can you email me with it? My email info is on my 'page'.

It's lovely outside here today. Just a bit of wind.. supposed to get up to around 75!! We had a crummy wkend as my mom was in the hospital and then I had to take my oldest son to the children's hospital as well. I still feel like I'm recovering so I'm just takin' it easy today.. planting some seeds. Who says gardening isn't theraputic! We also did manage to get some cool yardsale stuff Sat morning before all the craziness down so I'm excited to find homes for my 'finds'! I got 3 buckets FULL of daylilies from a guy that was just gonna mow them down!

Hugs to everyone!
Wendy/sassybutterfly_2008

o

Afternoon All! Just dropping in to let Nikki know her package has flown. USPS delivery confifmation# 03060320000451174598. Should not take long to travel about 3 hours across the state.

later...April/dirt

o

bunny - whatever they are they are beautiful :)

o

Thanks, girls! I guess it doesn't matter what the name is...they ARE pretty. Which is all that matters!! :O)

I want to ask everyone a favor? I have ALOT going on right now, and I am involved in at least 3 swaps...so I may have trouble keeping things straight. PLEASE PLEASE tell me if I mess something up. (The newbie swap is an example! LOL) I can take constructive criticism. :O)

I found out last week that we're expecting #6. I had a miscarriage in March, so I'm only about 6 weeks along with this one. But that is the reason why I'm muddled headed..and can't keep my swaps straight! Heck, I even nearly left a kid at the park yesterday. Fun! :O) But in my defense...once you pass 4 kids, you have to keep a head count...and it's not MY fault if I counted the same head twice! LOL Although, I kept wondering WHY Adora kept asking where "guy" was. (that's her name for William) :O)

Anyway....if ya'll would just be honest and let me know if I mess up anywhere, I'd appreciate it.
Also...any good thoughts & prayers you can send along...I would be grateful for those, too.

o

Gosh Yall have been busy. I LOVE reading all these posts. It's hard to keep up with everybody. I am praying for your sick loved ones. Kathy, I'm praying for you too.
That said, WOW - all this talk of naked gardens, hairy balls and Kenny Chesney makes me want to rethink my box for "after dark" This is too much fun:)
April, you are fast! Thanks, I'll be watching my front porch. I love your beautiful ball. I wish I could be creative. I mean, I have ideas but I never actually go through with them. You are an inspiration.
Have a great week! Nikki

o
Bunny's having bunnies!!!

Oh, I'm so excited bunny! I do understand the headcount idea though, I make the kids wear matching lime green shirts when we go out, if I don't have 1 red head, 4 browns and 3 blonds I know someone's not with thier group.
It's paperwork day here, so I'm stuck in my office with forms, instead of playing outside.

o

Good Afternoon Everyone! I didn't get to play in the garden like I was hoping, my knee started acting up a little, so I thought I should rest it today before going to work tomorrow.

Bunny, are you sure almost leaving a kid behind at the park was an accident? LOL! Sounds like it may have been wishful thinking to me..... (grin) No kids of my own here, but with 20+ nephews and nieces I can borrow, I figure I can go borrow them when I want, and return them when they get cranky or soiled. I'll bet some of you parents wish you could do the same at times!
And, whatever those iris are called, they're gorgeous! Could they possibly be a cross between the kingsland royal & michael paul? Wherever they came from, gather those seeds this year and start some more!

Today was a sad day at the mailbox...no seeds, no plants, just a bunch of advertisements. YUCK! However, I've got some eyeball seeds coming, so that'll be fun to grow when they get here. And, I've got the wonderful Miss Em sending me my after dark box. Who knows what'll be in it? I don't know, but I just know it's gonna be great!

You guys have got me hooked, most definitely!

I've been thinking about a Christmas In June round robin, you all have any ideas for one? Here are the ideas I've come up with.....
1. All plants/seeds traded should be either variegated, or have white blooms.
2. A minimum of at least 3 varieties of seeds or plants.
3. Everyone must have a bodaciously good time.
4. Partners would be announced May 15th, and all boxes should be sent out by May 31st, enabling everyone to have their "gifts" by the first week of June.
5. A small stocking containing gardening/trading equipment would be nice also. Examples would be plant markers, pens, address books, stamps, etc.

Let me know what you think, okay?

-Dan

o

Dan,
Where does one find stockings in June? I'm picturing a bunch of tube socks being sent instead.

o

stockings, socks, all would be okay. just don't send any used pantyhose! LOL!

o

*looking sheepish... actually I still have a box of my Christmas craft stuff sittin in the hallway to be put in storage.... I think there's actually a no-name stocking in it! LOL

~Wendy/sassybutterfly_2008

o

Dan - used pantyhose are good! lol a friend here just told me how to use them to hold up watermelons and canteloupe on a trellis using old pantyhose.

o
my shameless plug!!!

Okay, the "Christmas in June" round robin has now been initiated! You can sign up for it until the night of May 10th, I'll announce partners on the 15th (everyone will be sending out/getting two boxes from two different people), and boxes should be sent out by May 31st.

HO HO HO

-dAn

o

Ya Baby!! Christmas in June it is!! LOL I'm soooo there!! :'))
and what do ya know a man to initiate it??!! LOL
now onto other business who is doing the fairy swap next month? and is that what it still is?? ohhh i sooso hope it is!! **please please please** LOL **big grinn** what about a real fairy??? UMMMM Hint Hint LOL **wink wink** **big grin**

o

I think Fishy was doing next month's swap, Michele. :O)
Whatever theme she goes with, I'm sure it'll be a good one.

And WOW, it has been quiet on here today! Everyone must be outside enjoying the nice weather! :O)

o

I think Fishy is doing next months swap Michelle, if not then I can do a Fairy/Pixie swap lol.

Smiles,
Pixie

o
Bunny baby

Thank you, Fishy! :O) I'm excited, too. Not as excited as hubby is...lol :O)

o
Hunny Bunny

Bunny, I sent too quick earlier. Those Iris' are GORGEOUS!!! Whatever they are do like Miss Emily said and keep them around!! Also CONGRATS on number 6, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

o

bunny - BIG HUGS! Congrats!! will def keep you in my T&Ps

o

Baby Blessings

Melissa, Congratulations on the new little one coming your way. I am so happy for all of you! Does this mean we are having a Christmas Baby? Hmmmmm? I remember how badly my brain worked when I was pregnant. Each time it seemed to get a little worse. I was beginning to worry that the old melon would quit working completely. I am happy to say that at this point I think I have all of my faculties back and working properly. lol! Of course some people might beg to differ. Congratulations again. Sending big hugs sweetie! Love you bunches!

Tracy

o
Almost forgot...

Dan, I say old pantyhose are indispensible! They make great filters for your washing machine. Catches all the fluffy lint that might clog your drain! LOL! I am going to have to pass on the Christmas in June Swap. I am booked solid with obligations. Ted is graduating, we have Communion Parties up the wazoo, plus the other swaps I have already signed on for. Happy Swapping you guys and Merry Christmas! LOL!

Melissa, I forgot to tell you that I was searching diligently earlier to try to find the name of your iris this morning before pre-school drop off but I came up empty so far. I do believe it is a dwarf judging by the height of the blooms. I am still working on it. Did you perhaps get that in one of the Halloween swaps last fall? I seem to remember some really cool "black" german irises that some people received.

o

linda~ did you ever reach or get hold of pamperedavonchefof3? I'm just checking as she's the person sending to me and I haven't been able to reach her yet. I tried email, but could only do it thru Gardenweb. I'm also paired up w/ her on the Fairy RR... Just wondering. Haven't seen her post since mid April'ish.

Congrats bunny!!!!

Hugs to everyone!
Wendy/sassybutterfly_2008

o

Bunny~BIG CONGRATS ON THE NEWS!!!!Also look up'Candy Apple' iris. It looks like a pretty close match. Tracy made me think of it when she said it was a dwarf.
Off to play outdoors,before it gets too hot.Should be 75+ today.
later...April/dirt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here