UPDATE: april obf fun month

brittneysgran
16 years ago

Laura-I guess 3

Shirley

Comments (150)

• wynative
    16 years ago

I craved Spinach with my son & any HOT, HOT, HOT PEPPER with my daughter. I bought spinach by the case and took atleast one can with opener with me every where I went! I still love spinach but my son HATES it. Yes, my son is now 6'4" and my daughter is can't sit still :)

But my guess is Grapefruit.

Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

3 in one sitting? Wowzers. I have NO IDEA! LOL
    Hmmm. How about snickers bars?
    Although...3 in one sitting for me..with those...that's not just a pregnancy thing! LOL :O)

Melissa

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

We have a WINNER!!!! Marie got it with grapefruit.I ate them with salt.When I went grocery shopping I always bought several bags.The funny thing is how did I gain 45lbs on a 'grapefruit diet'??LOL!!!
    If the two winners send me your addresses & I'll get them out this week.
    Ok.....who's next?
    Later...April/dirt

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

Shirley,
    Thank you for the irises they went to my old address and then were forwarded and I just got them today. They look really good. I am so happy to have them. Thank you again, Amy

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Congrats Maryanne! How the heck did you guess that?

Mellen,
    Porky's LOL!

Congrats Marie!

April,
    Grapefruit with salt? 3 in one sitting? LOL!

Melissa,
    Onion sandwiches? Funny to see my favorite pop up, lol.

Deb,
    LOL about eating a whole watermelon. I just can't see you doing that.

Susie,
    Nice to see you dropping in : )
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners.

OK here's a -Are you smarter than a fifth grader question!!

There are 7 girls on a bus

Each girl has 7 backpacks

In each backpack, there are 7 big cats

For every big cat there are 7 little cats

Question: How many legs are there in the bus?

THE WINNER WILL GET A FAN OF DAYLILY: PAT GARRITY

Shirley

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ummm....I thought you said there were only girls on the bus?! LOL

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

406 ???
    April/dirt

• llbean
    16 years ago

none a bus has no legs!!!!!
    You asked how many legs the bus has not how many are in it..

Beans
    morning ladies
    check back later after I get seeds transplanted to bigger cups.. Think I will ask Max to help..

Laura

• wynative
    16 years ago

April - thanks! I love grapefruit - I eat them in summer with salt :)

I am guessing there are ~ 10,990 ~ legs "IN" the bus.

Marie

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

I'm going to guess 14.
    Jeanne

• llbean
    16 years ago

hmm I read it wrong, but believe it or not this question was on the boards that you take befoe medical school, it was part of the critical thinking, it said exatley that but how many legs are on the bus not in it..

Beans

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marie-You are right on the legs. LOL Your daylily will be shipped next week.

Thanks for all the guesses...

Shirley

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ummm....Marie, how did you come up with that number?? Just asking...I think my education stopped at 4th grade! LOL

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Yes....inquiring minds want to know!!!!!
    later...April/dirt

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Ok for a fan of daylily pardon me, who came to visit me today ? someone who stops in whenever they can

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

My guess is Devera-not sure about spelling?

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

your son the trucker? sorry, i forget his name. maybe he's clarissa's dad?

hi everyone. hope you are all well.

congrats to all the winners.

april, i'll send ya my address via email. i love the movie overboard. just watched is a week or so ago. i just watched several really good movies...anyone see my louisiana sky? evelyn? anita and me? nice movies.

my mad money disappeared so i took a job for the next month or so. hate leaving my g-babe. i'm trying to teach her to garden, but she just wants to pick the "fwowers" and rearrange the stone walkway. it's so neat, she puts on her garden boots, gloves and gets her little bucket and rake and off we go.

i'm rather enjoying this month of games. it's been a lot of fun and hopefully we can do this another time. i'll take the next game when carol is done unless someone else called it. i'll come up with a few questions. i have a couple prizes in mind, but i'll have to get out there an assess the flowers/plants.

went to the worst chinese restaurant tonight. what a waste of money.

maryanne

• sassyd
    16 years ago

HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY!! MELLEN!

Ok, lol, I give....I'm tired and going to bed, but wishing you the best day you've ever had!

Sassy

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sassy-That's the earliest Happy Birthday wishes ever. LOL

OK to explain the number of legs on the bus. There were 7 girls so there's 14 legs. Each girl had 7 backpacks with 7 cats each so that's 49 back packs with 7 big cats (total big cats) = 343 with 4 legs each = 1,372 legs. And 7 little cats for each big cat so that's 2,401 little cats with 4 legs each = 9,604 legs

girls=14
    bigcats=1,372
    littlecats=9,604

total 10,990 legs

I don't know about you all but I'm glad I'm out of school with questions like that.

Carol-Your granddaughter

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELLEN WE LOVE YOU

Shirley

• wynative
    16 years ago

Wahoo! Thanks Shirley!

As to how I came up with the answer - just like Shirley wrote. Oh and it helps that I work with 6 constructional engineer's and I have to figure numbers most every day but they let me use their really awsome calculator's that pretty much do it for you LOL

Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

OH! Okay! I had totally skipped over the "each girl had 7 backpacks" part! DUH!! :O)
    Thanks for explaining that.

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Earthly you got it , it is my son chris the trucker, ok for question #2 and a pkg of walmart lilies, how many years have I been married this time ? Earthly I need your addy, I lost it. hugs carol

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

12 years

Shirley

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

I'll guess 11 years.
    Later....April/dirt

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Um...7 years?

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I'll guess 35 years. Melinda

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

How about 40 years?

• llbean
    16 years ago

13 my lucky number?
    So today I hit the jackpot. I've been lurking in garden junk and boy what fun they have over there so I started peeking around, I found a donation sale today. take a peek over in the forum I posted some pics.. I got some great stuff, including a tv for Max's preschool. I am so excited.

Here are my latest projects..
    {{gwi:139674}}
    My bowling ball gazing globe

{{gwi:139671}}

Recycled light bulb, this will go on a post so it will show up more.
    And finally my ugly bee
    {{gwi:139677}}

I've been having fun, I am armed with a caulk gun.
    Beans
    Happy b-day Mellen

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Mellen!

Laura,
    I'm not one for bowling balls, but I actually like the blue ball! Your mother will love the bee : ) By the way, I don't think you ever saw my clematis seedling, did you? I'll link it below. I was thinking about you and how you said the bubbler worked good for propagation.

Carol,
    I'll guess 20.

Maryanne,
    That is so adorable about your grandaughter! She'll be an expert helper soon : )
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful:

• veeja11
    16 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS MELLEN!!! No one has it Melinda is closest tho. keep guessing, hope to have two more prizes, darn daylily tags keep fading so don't know what a bunch of them are. this sure is a fun month. Thankyou Shirley great idea. hugs to all my bloomin friends
    carol

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Big Sis...I'll guess 29 years? :O)

LOVE the garden art, Beans!! Very cool! :O)

Melissa

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I will reguess and say 36 years! Have a great day everyone! It is Friday! Melinda

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

Carol, How about 25 years?

Laura, Those are so cute! You did a great job! Amy

• mellen
    16 years ago

Sassy, Shirley, Carol, and Remy, Thanks from the bottom of my heart for the birthday wishes. You are the BEST!!! Love, Mellen

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

I'll guess 31.
    Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Remy-How did you get that beautiful Clematis seedling? I've tried rooting clematis and also tried the seeds with no luck.

Laura-Love the bowling balls, just goes to show you can re-cycle anything.

Maryanne-We need pictures of that precious G-Baby. You are teaching her right about gardening. I want to see the movie Evelyn. I know it was based on a true story. Haven't seen any of the three you mentioned.

Carol-32 years

I will be gone on vacation until Monday so I will post about our May theme next week. All my family have campers so we go at the same time and camp different places. Looks like a convoy going down the highway. This time we are going to Stone Mountain, Georgia. All the ladies are going to yard sales in the morning. Yeah

Laura-I haven't forgotten your tin watering can.

Shirley

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Mellen! Wishing you the best~

Carol,
    I'll guess 34 years!

Deb

• wynative
    16 years ago

Bean - I love you bowling balls. The gazing one is a great idea - my critters are always breaking mine but with one like that, I might be able to keep it for more than one season! The Bee is NOT ugly ~ Very cute in fact :)

Carol,
    I'll guess 36 years.

Marie

• llbean
    16 years ago

Morning all. Just a quick note before I get outside..
    Shirley, With your clems, start now and find a piece that is bendable, not breakable, strip the "bark" just a bit, use rooting hormone or a bit of PURE honey (no added sugar) and stick it in the ground with a U nail. Don't put the nail at the split part but above it. Cover it with Dirt, in about three months gently tug it and see if it has rooted, if it has, cut it from the parent. Pot it in a gallon recycled container and put it in the ground two inches deeper than the container for winter, in the spring when she starts to shoot up, I'd leave her there for another year in the container but some people put them intheir homes.
    This has worked for me with at least 12 different clems. Try it.

Laura

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I got my prize from Remy today!
    She included a C-U-T-E bunny stamp & ink pad!! I love it!! Now I can personalize all my trade envies!! How perfect, Remy!! You're a sweetie!! :O)

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Melissa,
    I'm glad you liked your bonus : )

Shirley,
    That clematis was a seedling that sprouted on its own! This is the 3rd seedling I've had pop up. One I gave away a few years ago at the local exchange, now I wonder how it looks. One was in a pot and died, and I have this one. I don't think I could made a prettier one if I tried! I'm hoping I can propagate it so I can give some away.

Awe Mellen, your too sweet : )
    Remy

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Congratulations Jeanne 31 wonderful years. please e-mail me your addy, my address book is missing okay for 5 lost tag days what are my kids names and how many do I have ? for 5 crocus, 2 tulips one lost tag day what kind of dogs do I have and what are their names ?next person get ready hugs carol

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Theresa, thankyou for the huge box of mags along with the readers digest plant tip book. more stuff from the elephant swap. the girl just keeps on giving. I love them thankyou my bloomin friend. okay hints, I gave the # in the post and most of their names start with T rest with c I am asking for names we call them not proper names, dog hint I post puppy pics often. Also lost tag days sometimes get names when I dig them, I will also throw in 5 of my famous giant radish seeds with prize #1 come on and guess ladies Earthly where are grandaughter pics ? wanna see her planting her first seed or kissing her first tulip.
    hugs carol

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Hi, Carol -
    Oh boy, I am a winner! A nice surpise because I have been feeling bad yesterday and today. Just hope a lot of this improves by tomorrow. I have been staying in and resting as much as I can.
    I'm sending my mailing information by e-mail.
    Thanks again,
    Jeanne

• AmyinMO
    16 years ago

Hi, all. I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, lol, but would any OBF member be willing to trade with me? I'd really, really appreciate it! Pretty please?

Laura, do you still need something that will grow under trees? I have columbine somewhere and some Dianthus armeria (Deptford Pink), as well. They're not really ground covers, though. I have heard that they both do well under trees... might have other things, too; I'm not through sorting seeds, lol!

April, I thought I read somewhere that you wanted 'Sunrise Serenade' Morning Glories, but now I can't find where I saw it, and it's not on your wants list. Would you like them? I have two packages of them now, and I might be able to get more if necessary!

Anyone that might be interested in a trade, I just updated my list--LOTS of new stuff thanks to the generosity of GW members! And if you don't have something I specifically listed in my wants, I'm really not picky--I'm sure there are still lots of plants I'd love that I don't even know about yet! Thanks in advance!

And, now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...
    :-)
    --Amy in MO

Here is a link that might be useful: My Trade List

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Hello Bloomin' Friends,

Seems I've missed alot of fun being away these last days. Good games for getting to know each other better. I had surgery on Thursday and then had to go back on Friday with a Spinal Headache. No fun. But I'm feeling much better today.

Amy, I will be happy to trade with you. Do you have any left of the Ornithogalum bulbs? Or I could use some dianthus. My trade page is way out of date. I could think about some things that might do well for you. What zone are you? Please email me if you haven't found a trader yet. (boring24@bellsouth.net)

Theresa

• veeja11
    15 years ago

someone please do a trade with miss Amy so she can join our fun group. if I dig the days and get names will I get some guesses ? I will do that tomorrow if snow and hail stops. weird april. okay another hint I have 4 +1 kids oldest is chris 2nd is T---- 3rd is c----girl 4th is t---boy 5th Ta--- girl dogs are red and white boy and girl. try it you'll like it and Pa-- boy these are some good hints so guess away. hugs carol

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Big Sis~ I'll guess:
    5 kids- Chris, Tim, Carolyn, Taylor, Tammy?
    2 Doggies: Tiyli & Pat.

Total guesses...and I have NO idea what kind of doggies you have! LOL

But do I get a prize for being the first to take a shot in the dark?? :O)

Melissa

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

hi everyone, hope all is well. so much is in bloom, day by day, seems minute by minute too. such a glorious sight, isn't it? my azaleas are just beginning to bud and the dogwood is almost there. the trees that kill me are saucer magnolias. they are gorgeous, smell incredible and then make such a mess in each of their phases.

the carol, that's one complicated puzzle you got going. the only thing i know are jack russell terriers. tya or something is one of the dog's name. the only granddaughter's name i can think of is clarissa. so if anyone knows any other parts of carol's 18 part question (LOL), add to it.

i did a full day of yard work yesterday. i wanted to spend today out there, but the weather wasn't the greatest and then company showed up, so that saved my aching bones.
    i lost quite a few plants this year. maybe someone's trying to tell me i have too many as it is. i dug up so much last year and planted in containers/pots, maybe that was the problem. hopefully the ones that really need replacing, i'll be able to trade for - they came from my baby's dedication bed.

new amy, are you talking seeds you have to trade, or those particular plants?

theresa, sorry to hear about your surgery, hope everything went well. i don't think i ever experienced a spinal headache and sounds like something i hope i never do. i sure hope that has subsisded.

jeanne, sorry to hear you aren't feeling too well. how nice that you won a little "pick me up".

when carol completes her games, i'll start one.

be well
    maryanne