Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

UPDATE: march obf swap: abc's of gardening

brittneysgran
15 years ago

I will be taking sign ups for our May swap until May 4th. Each will then be assigned a partner to send their swap box to.

The theme this month is the ABC's of Gardening: This is how it will work. When you get your partners name you will find plants, novelties (garden re-lated) and etc to spell out their name:

For example if I have Maryanne's name I could send her

M-Marjoram

A-Astible

R-Rosy Wren (Daylily)

Y-Yarrow

A-Agastache

N-Next In Line (Bearded Iris)

N-Narcissus

E-Echinacea

and etc. It can be the name of the plant or just the plant in general. It can be the common, scientific, botanical, latin or whatever name. I know here in the mountains we call forsythia yellow bells. So it can be endless to get your letters to work out with the plant.

Another thing if your swap partners name is short (maybe only 3-4 letters) you can use first and last names to send them more plants. Also you can use their gardenweb names to match with the plant.

I know Winter has been long and we all love our plants so let's try and send as many plants as we can instead of novelties. We get lots of those nice things when we can't send plants.

Shirley

Comments (64)

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Nope, only married 1 time!! Can we add the years? that would bump me right up:) 24 years this year, that gives me 43, much better than 19:)Anita

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

NYVOICES99) Anita Lynn Morey Brown-19 letters
    REMY) Remy Anne Rotella Orlowski-23 letters
    BRITTNEYSGRAN) Shirley Sue McConnell Speed- 24 letters
    HAZELNUTBUNNY) Melissa Dawn Lyons Headrick- 24 letters
    SKOHLER) Lufurl Sue Shoebridge Kohler- 25 letters
    AMYBABYBOY3) Amy Beth Richardson Adams- 22 letters
    THERESA24) Theresa Marie Gatti Boring- 23 letters
    LLBEAN) Laura Lynn Bramlet Wilkerson- 25 letters
    MISSG) Gale

We will need our entire name to pick out plants to match so the contest worked out good. Susie and Laura are tied with 25 letters in their name. If I ever post an iris to win and you have it already please let me know if you are the winner and I will send one you don't have. I can even list several and let you choose.

Gale-Can you post your full name for the swap. So glad you are joining us for the May Swap.

Susie-Our temps are back down in the 30's after we have had 60's and 70's. Hopefully it will warm up again and stay that way.

I already see names that I could have fun with. Remember you can also use their gardenweb name if you like.

We will have until May 26th for mailing our swaps out.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Shirley, I would like to join in on the swap for May. Sounds like a fun idea.

I think I have everyone beat on the number of letters:
    Jeanne Rita Wojcikiewicz Hertzog

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

MISSG) Gale
    VEEJA11) Carol Jane Adee Bea- 16 letters
    SANDLAPPER ROSE)Jeanne Rita Wojcikiewicz Hertzog-29 letters

Jeanne you have surpassed Susie and Laura. I am so curious now, Jeanne is definetely American but how do you pronounce the Wojcikiewicz...I would love to tackle that for plant names. I know there is a Canadian Badminton player on the news alot with the last name Wojcikiewicz. Did your name originate in Canada?

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Shirley, I have never heard about the badminton player with the last name Wojcikiewicz. Isn't that something! The only family I know of with that last name live in Rhode Island which is where my father was from. His parents were from Poland. Jeanne is actually a French name and my mother was of French-Canadian ancestry with her great-grandmother coming to the US from Quebec. (Jean is the male name in French - the equivalent to John and Jeanne is the feminine version - like St. Joan of Arc who in French is Jeanne d'Arc.) Rita was my mother's middle name and passed down to me.
    Now here is an even more interesting part about my name. My mother did not want the kindergarten teacher to have to teach me how to spell or write my name when I started school so I learned how to do both before I started kindergarten. I have no idea how much practice that took. Probably a lot.
    The name got pronounced all sorts of ways, but we pronounced it something like Woe-jick-kev-itz. (I am not good at phoenetic spelling.) In Poland I know the "W' would get prnounced like a "V."
    Well, you've got the whole story now!
    Jeanne

• llbean
    15 years ago

Hmm. Ok well if.. everyone is claiming the previos spouse. I was married before too.. It was Tocarchick. (slovak) But if we are not claiming them then you can leave it out.
    I always really did like my maiden name, and really it does end with me, probably should have kept it. Hmm , just a thought.

Maryanne are you out there anywhere?
    Sandlapper, when I looked at that I felt like I should be playing wheel, you need a consonant.

Laura

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Wow...and folks around here have a hard time pronouncing Headrick correctly! LOL
    Those are very interesting surnames, Beans & Jeanne!

Jeanne, your mom had the patience of a saint to teach you that before kindergarten! And you must have been extremely smart to learn so quickly, too!

• mellen
    15 years ago

Shirley,
    I would love to be in your swap, and with this great group of ladies!

Here is my name: Mary Ellen Shoenhair Power

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Morning! Count me in too! My name is :
    April Renea Nail Lucas
    This is going to be fun.
    later....April/dirt

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday April! I hope you had a good one.

It is interesting to see the full names.

Susie,
    How did you get the name Lufurl?

Jeanne,
    You know around these parts, your name is normal, lol. (For those of you who don't know lots of Polish and Italian people settled in WNY.)
    I'm not sure if I told you before, but my first name is a man's name in France. I was named for St. Remy. It was the Saint of the day my grandfather died. My father liked the name.

Melissa,
    You would be surprised how often people get my last name right, but can't pronounce my first name! For anyone who's unsure it is like Jeremy, just take away the Je part.
    Have a good day everyone,
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Saint Remy

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

MISSG) Gale
    MELLEN)Mary Ellen Shoenhair Power-23 letters
    DIRTUNDERMYNAILS)April Renea Nail Lucas-19 letters

I'm loving these names ladies.

Jeanne-Your Mother was so smart to work with you on writing your name. I agree with Melissa she had patience.

I have a cute story to tell you about my last name Speed. DH had painted a covered wagon on the side of the barn. He did a good job and then he painted our name Speed on the covered part of the wagon. A nice couple had come to buy daylilies from my gardens. Well the lady is acting kinda strange after we go to that side of the yard where the barn is and she asks me what's with that word Speed on your barn. What's that about she asks...then it dawned on me she thought it meant the drug Speed. I told her that was our last name and she became all friendly again. I guess she thought we were dealing drugs.

Shirley

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Remy~ I've got a rose question for you! (and any other ladies that might can help me with this!)
    I discovered powdery mildew on one of my climbing roses this morning. I have been looking in all my books & online, but can't find what to do about it...other than "spray with fungicide". Well, I don't use any chemicals in my garden, and especially now since I'm expecting. So, is there something else I can use? I've used a baking soda/soap mix on bugs before, can I use that for this too? Also, should I remove every part of the rose that has the mildew? Nothing I read mentioned doing that.

Help?!

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Here's a recipe for powdery mildew

Mix up the following solution in a quart or half gallon sized spray bottle.
    Water to equal 80% of capacity of the container.
    1 Tbsp. baking soda per quart
    1 tsp. cooking oil per quart
    1 tsp. dish detergent
    1/4 C. white or cider vinegar per quart

Spray all areas of the rose bush, can be repeated until no more signs of powdery mildew are left (over a few days).

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Thanks so much, Deb!! I'll mix some right up and get to work!
    You gals are WONDERFUL! :O)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deb-Does it say that you can use it on phlox too or just roses? The last two years my phlox has had bad mildew. I think the only phlox that is mildew resistent is David and Starfire.

Shirley

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Shirley,
    I'm not really sure. Roses are really tough and can handle anything, if possible try a small section of the plant (pro-rate the solution) and see what happens. I do clean my houseplants with vinegar and never had a problem. It makes the leaves really clean and shiny! I've used it on philos, pothos, wandering jew, banana plants, peace lilys, spiders, etc. I've also read that milk can stop powdery mildew. Some blot it on a plant, or spray.

I have a question for this month's swap, is it ok to send indoor plants too (with some outdoor also)? Amaryllis, hoya, cactus, aloe, etc. to go along with outdoor stuff? I'm worried that I won't have enough outdoor varieties to send if I get a really long name!

Deb

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deb-Thanks I will try a small piece and see what happens on the phlox. Deb we can see if anyone would like houseplants along with outdoor plants. The ones you listed I think anyone would want.

Now remember on the names you do not have to do a whole name like first-middle-maiden-married. You can choose either the first, first plus middle, middle only, last only, or gardenweb name and etc. It is strictly up to the individual as to what part of their name they use to match up a plant. But it's like Deb's name you would surely want to send her more than 3 plants for Deb only has 3 letters.

If anyone definetely only wants outdoor plants please post your preference.

Hazelnutbunny-Congratulations on your little new one soon-to-be. When will it be born? Do you know Boy or Girl yet?

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Shirley count me in please.

There are 28 letters in my name, Annie Elizabeth Milder-McCleary. I am not persnickety, but please no ground cover, or anything that might be invasive in my zone.

I've been real busy and had such a nice visit with son, his wife and new puppy last week. Shelby's appointment went very well, and now instead of every 6 months he is good for one year now. LIFE IS GOOD!!!

I'm going to spend the rest of the day shopping for supplies and groceries and then I'm free to play in the dirt for a couple of days.

By the way Shirley, how far is Raleigh from you? My niece moved there to be with her husband that is in the service.

Happy birthday/belated birthday to anyone I missed and to all that are feeling under the weather please take care.

Shopping chores are calling my name so.............
    AS ALWAYS
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Please no houseplants. They suffer at my house because I'm not here to take care of them and the kitties play havoc with them.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I don't mind houseplants at all, I have lots of room for them. I think I've even got some on my want list. :O)

The baby is due in December, so it's still too soon to know if it's a boy or girl. A boy would be nice, since we haven't had one of those for 7 years...but a girl would even things out, and make things a bit easier in the long run. Either way, though...we'll be very blessed. :O)

Have a good day, Everyone!!

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Bunny, I can't remember if I told you congratulations on the new addition. I think having a December baby must be special.
    Just letting you know that I prefer not to receive house plants. I love them but have no good place to put them in this house. We only have one window where we can put any plants and even that gets too hot and sunny in the summer. I am in the process of trying to transition most of my house plants to outside (or at least the garage) until the end of the summer.
    Talk with everyone soon.
    Jeanne

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Ditto Annie,
    I don't want to sound like a #&@(H, but I don't need anything more that will take over the gardens, I'm fighting a few of them bad boys now:( But would LOVE to get only outside plants, DH is about to kill me If I get anything more I have to winter over inside:)Anita

• skohler
    15 years ago

REMY : I was named after my Grandmother Or Fathers mother her name was MANY LUFURL & Story has it she was named after a cat By her Big Sister :)) So I Just have to go by what I was told .
    As of Yet I have not Found another with the same name.

ALSO NO House Plants or anything invassive Please .

Bunny congrats on your up comming addiction Hope all goes well for you.

So this will be for Plants & What about named Bulbs ???

Looks as we may get some much need rain by morning .
    I sure hope anyway .

well you all have a great evening will check back in the morning :))
    susie

• missg
    15 years ago

My full name is, Gale Sowell

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Shirley,
    I see we have to mail by May 26th, when will you be pairing us up? Want to make sure not to miss readiing it, don't think I missed it, but you never know with me:)Anita

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Bunny,
    Congratulations! You have such a beautiful family and now you will have one more beautiful precious addition. Take good care of yourself too. Amy

Also, I don't really do well with houseplants I killed all but one cactus over the winter-I think my back porch just gets too cold. Amy

• llbean
    15 years ago

Bunny~
    congrats on your package.. Could it be more than one?
    Be gentle on yourself.

I just wanted to share a website with you all. I ordered plants from. This woman is great and she is a WOMAN. She is related to the "Walters" of Walters gardens and somehow she was tied to Gcrossings, but anyway she is so nice.. She spent 20 minutes of her time helping me. What a great lady.
    Well check out her site, she has some great deals..
    ps. remy~ this is the one I emailed and said don't put receipt in box....

Here is a link that might be useful: internet flowers

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

MISSG) Gale Sowell-10 letters
    RAGGEDYANN)Annie Elizabeth Milder McCleary-28 letters

Annie-So glad to see you post and also joining the swap. We miss you when you are on the road. Glad to hear the good news about Shelby. Yes life is good and God is good.
    Raleigh is about 5 1/2 hours away from me. My DS went to college there. He now lives closer and I am so glad, that trip was to long for me.

Jeanne is still in the lead with the most letters in her name.

Susie-Named bulbs will be great.

Melissa-Your baby may be born on my Birthday..Dec 24th.

Anita-I will take names until Sunday May 4th at 3:00. I will then pair everyone up and the fun begins.

Still waiting to hear from these ladies about the swap.
    Deb
    Susan
    Marie
    Maryanne
    Melinda
    Nancy
    Jenell

Following themes for the rest of the year.
    MAY-SHIRLEY (brittneysgran) 'THE ABC'S OF GARDENING'
    JUNE-THERESA (theresa24) 'GETTIN DIRTY'
    JULY-ANITA (nyvoices99) 'CHRISTMAS IN JULY'
    AUGUST-MARIE (wynative) 'DOLLAR DAYS POTLUCK'
    SEPTEMBER-APRIL (dirt_under_my_nails)'FOR THE BIRDS'
    OCTOBER-JEANNE (sandlapper_rose)'THE SECRET HAUNTED GARDEN'
    NOVEMBER-MARY ELLEN (mellen)
    DECEMBER-

OUR MEMBER LIST

Amybabyboy
    Beth_b_Kodiak
    Brittneysgran
    Cedarnest
    Debbya
    Dirtundermynails
    Earthly Delight
    Hazelnutbunny
    Ilovefarac
    lil green thumb
    LLbean
    Lunamoon
    Mellen
    Missg
    Momcat
    Nyvoices99
    Raggedyann
    Remy
    Sandlapper Rose
    Squanzon
    Skohler
    Susandonb
    Theresa24
    Veeja11
    Wynative

Shirley

• mellen
    15 years ago

Hello, it is so nice to see Susie and Annie again.

Annie-that is FANTASTIC news about Shelby!!! Thanks for sharing that. :)

Susie-I wonder how your sister ever thought up that name for her cat. Very unusual.

Melissa-Congrats on another little one.

I would prefer no house plants nor any invasive plants. I am really looking forward to this swap. Sounds like fun with so many of our group participating! It has still been cold here, but a few plants are starting to poke their heads out of the ground.

Our son and his fiance' were here for a few days. We had the best time. I even took off a couple of days of school to be with them. They are such a fun couple and are so in love.

Another month of school then I can seriously get out and garden. Can hardly wait!!!

Everyone take care,
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Thank you for all the well wishes, girls. I apprecite it.

Laura~ I HOPE it's only one. LOL I can't imagine handling twins at this point. Wow. :O)

Amy~ Thank you for the compliments on my family. I do love my large brood. Although...my oldest is trying to talk me into catching up with the Duggar's. I really don't think I want to even CONSIDER that. :O)

I see so many names I could have fun with!
    Can't wait to get started!

• skohler
    15 years ago

Mellen It was my GM"S BIG Sister Who named her :))
    It is pronoused like LOU-FURL I have always went by sue
    from High school on :)

well I'm whipped I packed up boxes to help my NIECE Get moved into their bran new home that was just built although it is huge & BEAUTYFULL I would not want to
    Climb all the stairs they have :)) to old for that :))
    I packed the boxes they did all the lifting :) &Moving
    but I'm ready to lay back .
    so you all have a great evening .

susie

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Annie, So good to hear your news! God is good!!!

Mary Ellen, That is so special that your son has such a wonderful relationship. I know that is so important to us Mom's. He must have found a special girl like his Mom!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I got my prize box from Carol today.
    Thank you for such a wonderful surprise, Big Sis! I love everything & the plants are now happy in their new home. :O)
    *hugs*

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susie-DH and I rented an apartment when we first got married and it had an upstairs in it...I grew to hate those steps and swore never to have a house with them.

Mary Ellen-So glad you like your son's fiance..it sure makes it hard when you don't care for who they pick.

I took off work tomorrow to get my plants ready for the round-up in Asheville, NC. It will be so good to see everyone again. I really like that they have the round-ups every year.

Shirley

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Shirley,
    Sign me up with someone who doesn't mind getting houseplants. I'll do my best to mix/match indoor and outdoor things.

Deborah Ann Rachel Andruska (Deb's too easy for this one)

• AmyinMO
    15 years ago

I'll have to sit this one out. I just don't have enough plants right now to share. But I'm looking forward to the next one! :-)

--Amy in MO (Amy Elizabeth Coots Holt... darn, only 21 letters, lol)

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

I'll be in this one - but I have a question..........if someone has 25 letters in their full name there needs to be 25 things in the box? Just wondering............

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Carol, I just want to let you know that my prize showed up in today's mail. I love the Red Dutch Oriental Lily and love anything that involves "Dutch" - LOL The colors look so pretty. Thanks also for the gardening gloves. I have been going through those at a furious pace lately.
    Thank you!
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Big Sis~ I got the other daylily today. Thank you SO much for sending it, you really didn't have to. You've sent so much already.
    Thanks also for the note...it gave me a good chuckle. I'll have to read it to hubby tonight. :O) Maybe he'll listen to you.
    *hugs*

• wynative
    15 years ago

Sorry about not posting sooner - the March threw me... :)

I'll play
    Marie Elena Garrett Scharen Garner = 30!

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

Hey all, LTNS...how has everyone been? I've been away for the last several weeks and finally back to normal for this week and then off again come Friday. Eventually, things will all settle down and hopefully, I'll be settling elsewhere.

Annie, so glad to hear about Shelby, you must be on cloud 9! Melissa, great news on your new addition. Mary Ellen, I know how important it is to enjoy the company of your kid's SO, makes for a terrible time if it isn't the way.

Laura, you are the greatest! I have snail mail going out to you. We all send our love and thanks.

What a great theme for this month's swap. I think I have you all beat with the name - 35 letters. That's what you get growing up italian catholic, being named for saints and marrying that way too! LMAO Shirley, I love the theme and realize I have until tomorrow to decide before you close this out, but I need to get out there and assess what can be split and sent. I will pop back in and let you know.

Like Sue G, we are sending plants for every letter of the person's name ??? I really need to get out there and take serious inventory. First I have to get this place in order, son DIL and g-babe have been here while I've been gone and it shows

Carol, got a box here from you with a daylily. are you sure that was meant for me? thanks. i finally got clarissa's box packed and labeled, it will go to the post office on monday. by the way, how is your gorgeous great gran? i know i owe someone my address, but can't remember who. i'll have to go back and read the old threads.

enjoy your weekend everyone.

maryanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Hey Maryannne! It's me....I need your address for a daylily that you won for guessing my favorite movie last month.

Hope everyone is doing good. Last night was my oldest's Spring Fling at school.Each grade did a song & then a dance. Highly entertaining!!Then the school had different booths to spend tickets at.The kiddos had a blast! Funky hair dos, wacky nails,tattoos,air slides,ice cream,cotton candy,& sno cones.Finally off of that sugar rush.
    Now tomorrow will be more of the same as it is hubby's work picnic.BBQ(catered by Dreamland BBQ for all those familar with Atlanta.YUMMY!), bouncy houses,dunk tanks,face painting,a dj ,bingo & ..... I'm tired already!
    later....April/dirt

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    LOL, We are not sending for all the letters of the names. Those would be awful large boxes!
    I made mine super long adding my middle and maiden name as a joke when Shirley said send plants for the swapper's letters in their names. She also said you could use their sign on name too if their name was short. I thought my name is Remy and my sign on name is Remy so I don't have much for a trader to go on! LOL. Then Shirley was brilliant and made contest out of it : ) And I think the longer names end up being a good thing because it helps swappers have more letter choices to match plants too.
    What's up with the invasive plants? lol. Was someone send loosestrife or some other evil menace to everyone?

Welcome to the group Amy in MO : )

Melissa,
    Congrats on the baby to be!

Annie,
    So glad Shelby has graduated to once a once a year! Maybe he'll think of being a daddy now : )

Mellen,
    So glad to hear you like you son's fiancee. I love my mother-in-law. My husband always jokes that she likes me more than him.

Maryanne,
    Good to see you post. So do I read you are think of moving?

April,
    The school party sounds like it was lots of fun. Your party tomorrow sounds like more fun than the one I'm going to. It is a Communion so no BBQ, bouncy houses, etc.

Talk to you all later,
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

MISSG) Gale Sowell-10 letters
    RAGGEDYANN)Annie Elizabeth Milder McCleary-28 letters
    DEBBYA)Deborah Ann Rachel Andruska-24 letters
    MARIE)Marie Elena Garrett Scharen Garner-30 letters

Sitting out this month:
    Amy Elizabeth Coots Holt-21 letters

No we don't have to do all letters of our swap partners name...Just what name you choose to do. You can do first name...middle name....maiden name....last name....gardenweb name....first and middle....first and last.... and etc...the choses are many so it will be up to you to decide.

As Remy said there is a contest for the iris LOOP THE LOOP with the one who has the most letters in their name. You do not have to join the swap to be in the contest. Everyone who is a member of the OBF's can enter their name.

Amy we will miss you during this swap.

Shirley

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Shirley wonderful job with posting the names, thankyou for my beautiful iris prize ( but I didn't win anything, I put it in my tdl bf garden next to mareas angel. Earthly you won the daylily. how is grandaughter doing ? Sue nice to see you joining us for a swap. sorry all just can't help it. here is devera

• skohler
    15 years ago

Hi all
    can't stay long but just wanted to let you know I recieved an email from cedarnest & her computor crashed she lost all OBF Info & Her password to get into GW & Been busy with other things so she won't be Joining us .

Shirley will you be starting a New thread For the MAY's Lineup :))) ??? Just wanted to know what to look for HEHEHE sure hope you found some great new plants this weekend at your outing :)

I'm really looking forward to my Plant swap in june I will be haven in the park I will be sure to get pictures to post anyone wanting to know more about it go to the great lake forum
    Hope this works for ya :) well I have to go look at a house this morning so need to get out of here you all have a great day will check back later.

susie

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring 08 plant swap

• beth_b_kodiak
    15 years ago

Hi everybody, Wow have I been missing things!
    Sounds like good news there for Bunny and Veeja's Grandbaby( great) it a cutie.
    Earthly, and Mellen and Sue K and Jeanne and Raggedy and Oh Mercy I'm sure I'm forgetting some of you, Anita.... SO GREAT to see you back active. You have been in my thoughts over the past few months.
    Really wish I could get back into trading because that is even more fun than gardening but..... I am limited to what will survive life on the road.
    My picnic table is half full of plants and I know I can't take them all with me so I am going to tuck few herbs into a corner by the laundry room here. I'll leave a sign telling folks to take some and enjoy them. Hope they survive the summer OK
    I have fallen in love with deep East Texas. It is more pines than Palms so does not feel tropical but is so mild that the Amarillis are growing in yards in clumps of 12 or 15 flower stalks. What a beautiful sight. The people are friendly too and I look foreward to getting back here again.
    Wednesday, I'll head for Oklahoma to see parts of the historic RT 66 and visit museums about that. Then on to New Mexico. So much to see there too.
    I'll be working for the summer right by Mesa Verda in Colorado. Plan to spend my free time visiting/studying the history of the Four Corners area.
    With the price of Gas continuing to go up I'll have to plan my trips carefully but I'm thinking if I don't see it now.... then when will it ever be any cheaper????
    Carol, I have told many people about the book "The Long Emergency". He was so "right on" I hate to thing about next year oe five years from now.
    Hugs to all, Miss you.
    BB

• momcat
    15 years ago

Hi,

I missed this post because of the title!! Remy contacted me to see what was going on. I will be sitting out this month, again. Life is just sort of getting in the way, lately. I just started a new job, and until I learn all the ropes, has been very stressful.

Anita, Is Morey your maiden name? It's not the most common name around, my maiden name is Morey, too.

Sounds like you all will have a blast again, this month.
    Deb

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susie-I came home with a car load of plants (Like I need them) but it was so much fun seeing everyone again and exchanging plants. You have fun with yours and hope you get alot of good plants.

Carol-Oh that Devera is a little doll baby, lucky you. I wanted you to have that Betty Dunn iris. Hope it does good for you.

Beth-So good to hear from you. Enjoy your travels while you can. I have a friend who can't travel anymore and her husband and her traveled many places when they could. She told me she was so glad they did.

Deb-Sorry to hear you won't be in this swap but hopefully next month. Good luck on your new job.

New post and we have our swap partners.

Shirley

• wynative
    15 years ago

Shirly,
    I recieved my Daylily. The name got smudged, will you give it to me again?

Thanks,
    Marie