Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joann_in_aiken

Need: plants for zone 7 exchange for zone 10 plants

joann_in_aiken
16 years ago

Just tossing this out there: I am starting a slow move to SC from south Florida and in SC there are far and few between nurseries and the prices I feel are high. Actually the nursery prices in Lowes and Home Depot are lower in SC and I would not buy from them in Fl as there is a nursery on almost every corner. I have been going back and forth traveling a lot and have trailers, so I wonder if there isn't someone who is willing to barter some plants for the zone 7 range for zone 10 stuff. Are there trees that I need to stay away from regarding toxicity to horses? I have 9 acres that was planted in pines and has virtually nothing left after they were harvested. I would love oaks and cypress. I would even like some of those azaleas that are all in bloom. I will be going to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow where there is a mecca of plants and maybe they sell azaleas there? I am doing as much research as I can prior to planting...I've never heard of a lot of these plants...but we have lots of daylillies, palms, liriope, angels trumpet,croton, hibiscus, gardenia. Thanks for any advice. Joann You can email me at: elite2348@gmail.com

Comment (1)