Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyvoices99

9700---Traveling Daylilies

nyvoices99
17 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of talented , generous and spirited traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. The way into this group is to have traded with at least one of us and to be recommended for membership by one or more members of the group. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Comments (100)

• cody_mi
    17 years ago

i'm no longer in ga. there was some pretty serious drama on the part of my cousin. i was given a list of rediculous reasons why i'm a bad person, which basically boiled down to i wasn't paying their past due bills when i'd been there a month and a half. so i'm back in michigan

• namso
    17 years ago

Good morning all,

Debbie, Jo, Mary Ellen, Jaye and Cody, nice to see you all back posting.

Annie, so sorry to hear of your sisters passing. many condolances to you and your family. hugs to you...

Anita, i thought you had posted a picture of that Playing with Sharks. must have been confused myself. :).
    Looking forward to this swap!

Sharon, glad to hear you dad is doing better at home.

Dawn, loved the latest pic :). have fun at the shower.

Canna, thanks for the bird identification. thats it! cute little thing.

Its going to be Beautiful and warm here today.!! Club meeting and auction is this afternoon and tons to do beforehand. Sherri i will miss you!!!!

Cindy

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

I had a good day of Garage Sailing. I got a 'Weed Hound' for $1.00. I remembered reading about it here on GW and boy does it ever work well! Got a pack of 3 'Tomato Craters' for $2.00 ... going back tomorrow to get more if they have them. Also, 2 Huge Tomato Cages - Large Rings, for $2.00 each. Picked up a Fireplace Ash Bucket, it says Reeves on it, it is painted blue with an Indian Chiefs head painted on the front. I'm thinking of putting a hole in the bottom and using it as a planter.

Those were the cool things. :o)

I've got to go back out and do more in the garden.
    Cindy, I bet you spent all morning in the yard.
    sharon

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

Dawn,
    Hope your shower went well, Now I can tell you why I high-jacked your Co-op box:) I also have something coming your way, will be in your Co-op box.
    Did you get all your coleus potted? Did they come from North Carolina Nursery? I found them this year & have an order for 100 white Baccopa, 100 lavender Baccopa, 100 variegated Vinca & 100 I forgot:) I went for the plug's, though the un-rooted are way cheaper, I sure hope they are a good place to order from, I never check the Watch Dog on them:(

Sharon,
    Gald to see Dad doing better, Sure hope he continues on that path:) I just told DH yesterday, we need to rummage sale soon:)Great deals you got.

Melissa,
    So glad your only down side of NJ is having to drive 5 miles out of your way, the pics I seen on TV OMG, sickening, just sickening:(

Cindy,
    I may have posted PWS? I have no clue I have posted so many pic's.
    About the reread the dates?

Cody,
    What are we going o do with you? Don't you just love the ones that think we should bail them out, cuz they messed up? Hope things are better for you again:) Glad to see you posting.

LIST OF SWAPPER'S
    Sherrie
    Shirley
    Melissa
    Annie
    Anita
    Angie
    Canna (Rebecca)
    Mary B
    Cindy
    Marea
    Jo
    Jean
    Mary Ellen

Will let this ride out today, Last day to get in, Have a great day all..:)Anita

Happy Belated Birthday Mary Ellen!!!!! April 17th.

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Mary Ellen, sure hope you had a Happy Birthday.
    Sorry we missed it.
    sharon

• mary_s
    17 years ago

Hi everyone!
    I have been busy trying to get things done outdoors..."make hay while the sun shines"! It was really summerlike here yesterday! I put in "E-Z bullet edging" along 2 sides of the house and dug out ALOT of grass Boy can I feel it today! Rain today and that is a good thing. I need a rest, LOL!
    Anita, Can I still sign up for your swap? I'm hoping the daylilies will be recovered by then. The leaves are kinda funny looking but they are coming out of it. I'm sure many of us are in the same boat!
    A couple of the stores here opened their greenhouses this week....I was in plant heaven!
    Mary Ellen, Sharon,hope you two had a happy birthday!
    Annie, so sorry about your sister!
    Time to go! MaryS

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

And a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mary Ellen! Hope it was wonderful.

Speaking of wonderful...my baby shower yesterday was just phenomenal. I am so lucky to have such loving sisters, family, & friends. There were tons of pictures taken and most of them are on Jenna's camera, so as soon as I get them I will post over on the pic thread.

May I tell you all about the one moment that made me cry? Well, actually, there were two moments....
    There was the time when I read the card from Jenna. She wrote some really special things and ended with,
    "your luck is about to change....finally!" As most of you probably know, Jason and I are known for our calamaties and bad luck. That statement was just so special and made the tears well up.

Then Jenna pulled a fast one on me. I had been opening what felt like zillions of packages and all of a sudden she handed me a priority mail box. When I saw the return addy. on it I almost started bawling instantly, but knew I had to explain to my guests who this package was from...

I told everyone about this wonderful group I belong to that is called The Traveling Daylilies. Then I explained what we do and the special friendships we have.

The box was from Dianne. Aw heck....i'm crying right now! When I pulled out the contents I could not even speak. Everyone in the room was touched and I didn't see a dry eye in the place.

Our dear Dianne made the most beautiful Christening gown & hat (bonnet) for Talon. Words cannot describe it's beauty and how I felt at that moment.
    Thank you Dianne. I am overwhelmed. Like the sweater from Barb, this will be a cherished family heirloom. I don't think I could ever find the right words to express to you how much Jason and I appreciate all the hard work and care you put into this gift. Many, many HUGS!

I will be posting a picture of this on the pic thread as well. I can't wait to show you!

Stopped taking my meds at noon yesteray. By evening I was noticing some changes, including more numerous contractions. Doing well this morning and ready to head over to the new house for a day of relaxation in the sun. I haven't got to watch DH work over there for almost 2 mos. now, so i'm pretty excited. He made much progress yesterday and i'm happy to announce he is putting the roof sheeting (plywood) on! We should have tarpaper by the end of the day!

Anita, pretty sneaky!! That is sweet of you.
    And yep, got all my Coleus potted up. It was easy to do sitting in a chair so I was fine, but was really tired after I had all 300 tip cuttings done. They are really doing great and I hope they make it. I will take pics of those later and show you. It was one heck of a deal and if I have success I will be sure to order from them every year. They have so many varieties.
    Can't wait to see how your plugs are. Show me a pic when you get them if you don't mind.

I have emails to reply to and more catching up to do, but I...

• User
    17 years ago

Dawn,
    I'm so glad you like the outfit. I struggled to silence my inner wedding gown designer nature. It's not so easy to make a long white gown for a boy that won't horrify the father. (You're going to put my SON in THAT?!)

I've made christening gowns for every baby born into our family. When my own grandchild was coming, I was nearly beside myself with designing and fabric choices and ideas. Until my DIL said flat out, "boys don't wear dresses."

THUD.

Disappointed? Yes. End of the world? Well, no.

So, with this 'younger generation thinking' in the back of my head, I figured I'd wait for your reaction and then tactfully mention that if you wanted, you could christen Brooklyn in the gown and buy a satin tuxedo for Talon.

Ben wore a little short pants tuxedo and he was darling. Internally I imagined him in a gown but I got over it. Maybe this next baby will be a girl and my DIL will welcome a gown as she was very interested in Talon's.

So, now that I've made a simple, "You're most welcome, wear it with God's blessings. It was truly my pleasure," into a long, boring story . . . I'll say simply,

You're welcome.

And remember, when the priest is blessing him, all his Traveling Daylily Aunts and Uncles will be spritually protecting him and holding him forever in our hearts. He is one of us, as are you and Jason.

• auntiebirrd
    17 years ago

Hello everyone! I wanted to stop by and say some very special thank-you's. First, thanks to Susan & Dianne for the emails. The day was fabulous! And the most sincere, heartfelt thank-you & hug goes to Marea. I am amazed by your incredible generosity & thoughtfulness. Dawn has always told me what a great group of friends she has here, but now I can truly appreciate that. Marea, I am sure that you have put years of work into that beautiful daylily. And I am in awe that you chose the name 'Snazzy Memories.' Snazzy would be honored, and she deserves it. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I don't even know what else to say! What an incredible person you are to have touched the heart of a stranger. I will cherish Snazzy Memories just as I cherish every memory I have of Snazzy. Thank you!

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

Jo, I don't know where you get the energy! If I did all that you do there would be no way I'd go to exercise.

Annie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't realize that you had another sister sick. Big hugs to you and your family.

Jean, I'm so happy that you finally have blooms peeking from beneath your white blanket. I'll bet they are most beautiful when seen that way.

Sharon, it's nice that you brought your dad home. If the hospital wasn't doing him any good it will benefit him much more to be at home. It will bring him peace. Hugs to you too! I have a weed hound and I've lost it in my gardens somewhere so now I need a metal detector to find it and all the other little tools I leave behind.

Melissa, I feel your pain about the flood. We were flooded completely in for a week once when our house was on a little knoll and water was all around. Our son finally drove him Scout out and the water was inside it over his ankles. I didn't mind much since we had all we needed and I didn't have to go to work! lol

Cody, ahh, what to say? Family, sometimes think you owe them, I hate you have to learn that so young and hopefully you won't fall for it. Don't beat yourself up over it either.

Mary Ellen, so nice to see you posting again. I wondered where you'd gone. Happy belated birthday. I hope it was a nice one.

Dawn, I'm thrilled your shower went so well. It's always fun to see the tiny little things that people pick out special. Dianne, I can barely wait to get off this thread to go to the one for pictures to see the christening gown and cap! and of course to see the house pics too. If the roof is going on it won't be long you can really see the inside coming together.

Barb, I think your pile of frozen frogs would look really cute by our daylily sign as a header for our page, don't you? ;-0)

My computer finally just wouldn't even stay on. Jerry knows a guy who works with Axiom and he came over this morning and we ended up having to reinstall windows and everything so whatever I had is all gone. Can someone please send me the addresses and birthdays and also the email addys again.

I've got a few iris blooming but the wind is so strong that they are falling over. Jerry cut one and I cut another so that I can at least see them in the house. They are so gorgeous!!! I'll take a pic in a bit and post it if I can find my disk to reload my program for the camera.

Well, I'm going out to see the pretty iris on the hill. Jerry's mowing so I'll probably be out there for awhile. It's a really pretty day.

Hugs to all,

Nancy

• namso
    17 years ago

Mary Ellen - Happy Belated Birthday to you!! hope it was a good one :).

Diane - !oh that so sweet! hanging on for dawns pic.:)

Anita - i just missed your second post with the revised deadline date when considering to get in or not. funny i can remember your PWS picture from months ago but cant seem to see BIG obvious letters from a week ago.

MaryS- whats ez bullet edging? wanna share a pic? sounds neat.

Sharon - what a neat find in the ash bucket planter! i love that kind of stuff. used to go around to the farm auctions around here looking for just that kind of oddity.

Nancy - waiting on those iris Pics! REALLY lol. after the last freeze, my only thing blooming here now is dandelions. tons of them. odd, i dont remember any yesterday and the yard is a bed of yellow today.

MaryB- where the heck are ya again?

Sherri - had fun yesterday but missed you.

Ok back to garden. im in the process of digging and diving maiden grass. everything hurts and i think im sunburnt. :):) out of practice and shape. most worrysome is the ones i did a few days ago look completely dead now, hope all this work is not for dead plants.

Cindy

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Cindy-I have done yard work all week-end too. It has been such beautiful weather. I don't know what is hurting worse my back, legs, or ankle. DH says I aways do too much and don't have sense to quit. He always stops way before I do.

Sharon-I didn't get to go to yard sales Saturday...Boo Hoo I had way to much yard work to waste anytime yard saling. Hopefully this coming week-end though. So glad to hear your Dad is doing better at home.

Dawn-So glad to hear your shower went well. Was hoping my package would get there but I guess not. Can't wait to see the picture of the christening gown.

Nancy-Glad your computer is up and running...funny how we cannot do without them. I would cut corners everywhere to get mine re-paired or purchase a new one.

Mary Ellen-So glad to see you back with us although I do get to chat with you on the other group. Hope your Birthday was fun and you had lots of ice-cream and cake. I am sitting here now craving something sweet. Must go and make something, will probably be cookies.

Shirley

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Morning all!

Dawn, aren't baby showers fun? I hope you received everything you needed or wanted for Talon. I hope you are feeling okay. Your picture is beautiful! You will cherish those photos for years to come. Let's see...you have only 18 more days to make it until my birthday and Talon's birthday :).

Shall we play a game of name the due date? I pick May 10th.

I spent a very warm day yesterday moving all of my plants outside. Now I can do some spring cleaning indoors. I also attended the local orchid society show and sale. Good thing Doug was with me or I would have spent a bundle. He would have too :). We were just blown away by the displays of colors! But, we were able to walk away empty handed. We are penny pinching once again. At his job, there were 15 men laid off on Friday (with more to come) and Doug is only working 4 days a week right now, with the possibility of going down to 3 days a week. He is looking for a new job. He is trying to get on at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Boy would that be a huge jump in pay! He has sent out his resume`. Will you cross your fingers with me?

A fellow GW'er shared her cacti and succulent garden with me from California. She stuffed a flat rate box with about 50 starts and some mature ones too! All she wanted was postage! So, you know what I will be doing today!

Gotta go. Be well!

~Canna

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Canna,noooo:):), Talon says, "Mommy I want to see the world on May 6th because that is when my friend Raggedyann's birthday is".

Dawn, I can't wait to see the pictures of the sweater and chritening gown that was made for Talon, and your gift will be out to you this coming week or next. I have a few more things to tuck in the box.

Thanks for all the condolences. Someone sent a blue hydrangea to the funeral and family sent it home with me; I'm so honored to be the one to get it.

Mary Ellen, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Sharon, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad.

Shirley, your card was the first thing I opened up when I got in the door, and I thank you.

Maryanne, I really enjoyed talking to you, thanks so much for calling.

I got back home late last night, and I have a car to unload. I will post more later. I hope I didn't miss anyone.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi All,

Sorry for not getting to this before now, went to the emergency room for DH last night, did not get home till 7 this morning, not that they are that slow, they wanted to do blood work again, JO ARE YOU READING THIS? Jo & I talked before we left & she told me to have them check his thyroid, Guess what Jo was right, he has a low thyroid count, which has been making him sick for a long time, Docs have done thousands of dollars of test on him, always coming back with everything is good, well thanks to Jo we know what is wrong with him & we can fix it, Love you Jo:)

Will catch up more when I'm not beat:(

LIST OF SWAPPER'S
    Sherrie
    Shirley
    Melissa
    Annie
    Anita
    Angie
    Canna (Rebecca)
    Mary B
    Cindy
    Marea
    Jo
    Jean
    Mary Ellen

Would 1 more person like to join us? if not I will have to take 2, which in no way would break my heart:)Anita

• namso
    17 years ago

Anita, i think maryS signed up above too?

WTG DR JO. :)

Due date guess: 4/30...no particular reason.

Shirley, much sympathy for your aches. im heading to hot tub now. hobbling more like...:)

Cindy

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Cindy,

Will do names in the morning, I'm off to bed:)Anita

• veeja11
    17 years ago

My house is now in the pending stage, so kinda relax until may 30th closing date, If there is still room I would like to be in the May swap, give baby talon a big hug for me. Auntie Carol sends her love. Annie so sorry for your loss, remember the good times. hugs carol

• mary_s
    17 years ago

Hi to everyone!
    Anita, I did sign up on Sunday but if we end up with an uneven # I could sit this one out!!!!Sounds like you had a rough night with DH! I am sure glad they finally did the right test.....WTG Jo for suggesting it!

Canna, How are those daylilies and hostas looking? Did you trim the mushy leaves off? I bet they will come back in a little time. Established hostas are pretty tough! I had a couple that that had eyes up, froze and were mushy. Sagae always wants to come up early and often gets nipped here. It is sending up new "eyes" already. Hey, the daylilies and rose you sent are looking great, and I planted the Elodie bulbs outside today. They were just starting to come up in the pot in the house.

Cindy, the EZ(NOT!)Bullets are like bricks with one rounded end and one indented end. They sell them at most garden/home improvement stores. They make a neat permanent edging.The black plastic stuff never lasts in these winters and always comes out of the ground.You need to dig a trench and put them in. It was alot of work doing it by hand! Some people rent a machine to dig the trench, but I am too cheap! I will look for a picture of it or take one.

Shirley, I can relate to the aches and pains after that project Saturday!

MaryS

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Memorial Day Swap
    #1-YOUR CHOICE, Anything you think your swapper would like.
    #2-YOUR CHOICE, Anything you think your swapper would like.
    #3-Any Perennial
    #4-Anything With An Angel On It
    #5-Any Small Item To Be Placed In Your Swappers Garden
    #6-1 Hosta
    #7-1 Iris
    #8-1 Daylily Of Your Swappers Choice
    #9-1 Named Daylily
    #10-1 Named Daylily
    Shipping by May 25th,

Players are teamed up:
    Sherrie & Mary S
    Shirley & Canna (Rebecca)
    Melissa & Jean
    Annie & Jo
    Cindy & Anita
    Mary Ellen & Mary B
    Angie & Marea
    Please E-mail each other with your choice for #8---Have fun..:)Anita

• cody_mi
    17 years ago

i'm still looking for a fan or two of singular sensation, wren's song and/or zephyrs song, anyone have one big enough to share?

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Morning All,
    Only have a minute before I have to fly out the door to work. Was coming on here to hope to back out of the May swap before partners were posted. I've taken a new job that will be starting this week but also just given notice at my old one so will be doing both for awhile (what in the world was I thinking?) Also, have two trades to get out that I had set up earlier and oh yes, remember those 100 lily bulbs that I had ordered - yep, still not planted. Anyway, I see that even though the partner lists are posted that Carol had asked to join in and it looks like Anita missed it. So wondering if anyone (ANITA/MARY ELLEN/CAROL) minds if Carol jumps into my spot as MaryEllen's partner? Let me know if this won't work out for you all....

Will try to get on later to catch up with everyone.

ANNIE - Love and hugs to you. So sorry.....

DAWN - Hope all is well. Thinking of you every day.
    MaryB

• TakingRoot
    17 years ago

Shirley~You past right by me....you will probably show up in my yard one day...LOL!
    Cody~Sorry to hear about your experience..Family can sometimes not act like 'family' but glad to see you are back safe and sound. We missed you.
    Sharon~Sounds like you found some great finds....don't you love 'treasure hunting'? Hope your dad is improving by the day.

Mary Ellen~

Dawn~ Glad you had a WONDERFUL shower!! My guess is May 1st...I was going to say April 30th but Cindy was 1st..(smile). You've got that GLOW....you look radiant even from the side....:)
    Canna~What a great trade you recv'd...all those succulents!
    MAMABEAR~ where are you? How are ya' feeling?
    Paul~How are ya' doing?

EVERYONE ELSE:

JAYE

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lets try this again:)
    Memorial Day Swap
    #1-YOUR CHOICE, Anything you think your swapper would like.
    #2-YOUR CHOICE, Anything you think your swapper would like.
    #3-Any Perennial
    #4-Anything With An Angel On It
    #5-Any Small Item To Be Placed In Your Swappers Garden
    #6-1 Hosta
    #7-1 Iris
    #8-1 Daylily Of Your Swappers Choice
    #9-1 Named Daylily
    #10-1 Named Daylily
    Shipping by May 25th,

Players are teamed up:
    Sherrie & Mary S
    Shirley & Canna (Rebecca)
    Melissa & Jean
    Annie & Jo
    Cindy & Anita
    Mary Ellen & Carol
    Angie & Marea
    Please E-mail each other with your choice for #8---Have fun..:)Anita

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

I've posted some pictures on the other site if anyone is interested.

• mareas
    17 years ago

Nancy, I could even smell those iris! I got one ID'd for ya, maybe 2...

My guesses for Talon's birthday are April 29th or May 4th...

Thanks, Anita, for setting up such a fun swap for us!

Angie, please, please find time somehow for updating your wish list? I will, too...

~ Marea

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    Thought I better get my guess out for Tolan--I say May 5th:)
    Dawn,
    Hope you are doing well, thinking of you:)

• pchanggeo
    17 years ago

Hi everyone.
    Oh... I'll guess Cinco de Mayo. Party on!

Annie, I have a box going out to you on Monday. Sorry for the delay... it's been crazy here.

Anita, I have a small box headed your way also.

I'm getting away from this concrete jungle and going camping with my youngest... hopefully to renew my spirits.

Take care,
    Paul

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Hello All,
    Jo, Please send me your choice of daylilies, and your favorite nursery/andor your favorite place you order from.

DAWN, your DH and you make such a cute couple,I wonder who your little Talon will look like? You,your mom and your sisters are beauties; You guys sure do look alike. The little gown is sooooooo beautiful. Diane you did an excellent job!

Your house is sure coming along nice. I had to laugh at the cobweb comment.

Paul, I wasn't worried about the box. I hope you are feeling better and have fun camping. Yes, it does help to get away from it all.

Everyone keep those pictures coming, I really enjoy seeing them. I can't wait until I see some blooms here.

Mary, nice to see you post, and good luck with your new job.

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Back to bed for a while,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Dates guessed so far for little Talon's arrival!
    Canna-May 10th
    Annie May-6th
    Cindy-April 30th
    Jaye-May lst
    Marea-April 29th or May 4th
    Anita-May 5th
    Paul-May 4th
    Shirley-May 7th

Canna-Lucky you on the cacti

Anita-Glad you know it is David's thyroid now. Sometimes it is so simple I think they overlook it.

Jaye-Are you having a yard sale this Saturday? I will be in HOT ATLANTA again. My sister, niece, and myself are going. Hope to find lots of goodies.

Nancy-I love your iris pictures....I'm waiting to see if mine are going to bloom or if the freeze did them in.

Dawn-You probably will have little Talon on someones birthday. Sherri's is May 4th....Anita's May 5th....
    Annie's May 6th....and Canna's May 8th....Earthly's May 22nd.....WHEN WILL IT BE? Loved the picture of your family....Your Mom looks as young as her daughters...You are all so pretty.

Just got home from a volleyball meeting...We are going to have a summer league this year...First one, they are usually in the Fall and Winter months.

Shirley

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

Hi -

Strange week here - Mon. I reported to the Cleve. Clinic at dawn for my hand surgery, but after being anesthetized, had a major seizure on the way to the O.R. Never had that happen before! So I ended up in the hospital until yesterday afternoon while Neurology checked me for reasons for the seizure. Everybody decided I was senstive to the anesthetic, and so we'll use a smaller dose next try.

Luther the Italian Greyhound had surgery today to remove the 2 growths that appeared suddenly on his face and neck. He is groggy and has a row of staples running down his little face. The tissues are out for biopsy. I just love him so - I hope it isn't malignant.

The good news is that the sports card auction held last Sat. to liquidate the collection for the estate I'm working on, went very very well. Good thing for this small estate. There are debts to pay.

It's raining and the flowers are all coming up. Today suddenly the Dentaria are blooming, turning all the woodland that isn't covered with Mayapples a lovely white. The bluebells and lungworts are all in bloom, pink and blue all mixed up, and the first forget me nots are blooming. We have lots! They carpet the slope beside the driveway.

About 40 white French lilacs germinated for me and are growing on well. We'll put them along the woods side of the lane,and with time and weed control, we hope they'll replace the briars and nasty roses.

I read everybody's messages. What a lot going on! I'm going to be terrible and miss everyone, not a single personal message tonight. I am pooped. Luther is pooped too. We'll just spend the next 10 days trying to keep his staples in place.

Love you all -

Barb

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Canna-May 10th
    Annie May-6th
    Cindy-April 30th
    Jaye-May lst
    Anita-May 5th
    Paul-May 4th
    Shirley-May 7th
    Carol- April 30th
    Sharon- May lst
    Lisa- April 30th
    Barb- May 11th
    Is this everyones guess? I may have missed some.
    Some guesses were e-mailed to the group and some posted here.

Barb-How scary....so glad they found out what caused the seizure. God Bless you during all this..
    Shirley

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

My guess for Talon's birth date is May 2nd and he'll probably have a tiny birthmark shaped like a bird. ;-)

• User
    17 years ago

I think Talon will make his debut by the end of this weekend. He will enter the world screaming, be easily comforted and fall immediately in love with his beautiful mommy.
    Dianne

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Hey Shirley! Looks like were teamed up again! Yahoo! I will try and update my DL list sometime this weekend.

Barb, that is scary what happen to you. I hope there is good news for Luther!

Paul, I went camping last weekend with my son, but I wouldn't really call it peaceful. I was with about 12 rowdy boy scouts! We had fun though. Next weekend is a two night boy scout camporee.

MaryS, everything is starting to green back up here. The hostas are sending up new leaves and the daylilies are too. We have been getting some rain the past couple of days and that has helped. I was real worried about my mulberry tree. It is huge and got burned. At first, I was upset that there would be no berry picking at the end of May, then I got real concerned if it died. My whole shade garden lives under it! It is slowly starting to bud back out. Half of it is dead already where my neighbor decided to hack at it where it is on his property. Instead of asking us to trim it back PROPERLY, he decided to just hack away. I guess it was shading his garbage dump of a backyard too much. Anywhoo, everything is coming back to life, abeit a little lopsided for some stuff it seems.

I'm gonna go crawl back onto the couch. Something has gotten ahold of me this week. Everything I eat just kinda passes on through (if you know what I mean). Good diet though...I have lost 5lbs this week.

Smiles to you all,
    ~Canna

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

Barb, be sure that they give you enough of the stuff to numb your hand, you sure don't want to feel it. How is Luther, I hope he is well. As for me buying another computer, I don't want to have to. I bought this one in 2001 and it's pretty loaded. I don't think I'd put as much into another one. When we got it back up and running, it didn't reload any of the software that came with it but I got it back on there now. I sure hope it doesn't dump it all again. I lost so many pictures that I don't have hard copies of but luckily I had my grandmother's 100th birthday pics still on my camera!

Today I have both white and the most gorgeous shad of purple tradescantia blooming. I don't remember planting the tradescantia so it was a surprise plant. I kept wondering what the leaves were and nearly decided they were a weed. I have my 1st Red Hot Poker blooming from seed I planted 3 years ago. I have 2 that have never bloomed that I've had for about 5 years. I guess it's time to move them.

I'll say hi to all of you as a group and hope you have lovely weekends.

Dawn, good luck!

Nancy

• TakingRoot
    17 years ago

Evening ALL,

Shirley~ NO yard sale this weekend....still trying to gather up things for the homeless shelter but in a few weeks I am bound to have one! Hope you enjoy TREASURE HUNTING! You WILL find lots of goodies....I've been driving around and there are signs for yard sales everywhere!!!

Paul~ I hope you enjoy your camping....It's GOOD to get AWAY!

Mary~ GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOB!

TALON~ Hold on till MAY 1st!:)

Nancy~ My red hot poker's never do well....what's your secret?

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD DAY!!

Well, I'm POOPED!! In the yard ALL day......creating new beds, puttting in annuals and putting down more mulch, put in a new seating area, and preparing for a big tree to be cut down tomorrow....

Jaye

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

Hi -

Luther and I are ok. His biopsy results will be back next week.

DD Jess gave us a motion detecting hose attachment to squirt surprise bursts of water at deer or whatever in the daylilies. I haven't used it yet it's been so wet. Jess imagined the scene, and wrote the following:

dash away drenched bunnies
    slither soggily soaked worm
    do not snooze in the lilies rudely awakened hog
    splash on your muzzle guzzling deer
    hop and flee froggies one, two three.
    bite at it stupidly wet and entertained dog
    boing boing away mysterious unidentified animal
    shout and curse and swear mr. wethair postal delivery man.

Love you, Dawn.

Hi, Jaye!

Thanks for worrying about us, Nancy.

Hope you're all restored after your camping trip, Paul.

I'll post a picture or two soon.

xxoo

Barb

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Barb, I am happy to hear you and luther are feeling better. Isn't it amazing what our bodies will not tolerate?I am also glad they found out what cause your seizure. We found out the hard way that DH can not tolerate morphine when he had his gallbladder out a couple of years ago. So cute what your DD came up with.

Jaye, I have no luck with Redhot pokers or lupines, and yes, any information would be very much appreciated.

I like going to yard sales, but in a town with only 800 people we have a city wide once a year here. I do get the opportunity to go to some in the town where I work, but haven't found many treasures as of yet.

Nancy is that tradescantia called "bilberry ice" I lost mine and really want to replace it. For the life of me I can't remember where I bought it.

Dawn, how are you and baby Talon doing? Tell him to hang in there untill next Sunday. :o) :O)

I hope I didn't miss anyone,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Canna-May 10th
    Annie May-6th
    Cindy-April 30th
    Jaye-May lst
    Anita-May 5th
    Paul-May 4th
    Shirley-May 7th
    Carol- April 30th
    Sharon- May lst
    Lisa- April 30th
    Barb- May 11th
    Nancy- May 2nd
    Dianne-April 29th

Oh who is going to guess the right date...Could be one of us.

Jaye-I made it back home from yard saling...What fun we had...I am typing on a new key board that I found and I love it. I also found a black flat screen monitor.. Those two things were my best find of the day.

Canna-Yes please update your list, I will be copying it off for reference soon. If I were you I would have made a visit to that neighbors house cutting on my tree. The nerve of him.

Shirley

• mellen
    17 years ago

First of all thank you for the BD wishes. It was a nice day with DH ending the day cooking supper. He is a great cook!

Dawn, you look so beautiful and glowing. I am guessing that darling Talon will arrive on Thursday, May 3.

Barb, How frightening and disconcerting for you. I'm glad they have it figured out now. A number of years ago I had a hyster. and woke up during the surgery. That was a matter of not giving enough anesthesia. Thing was, I couldn't move or tell anyone about it when I was on the operating table. Nasty. I was awake for about 5 minutes, though. At least it wasn't for the whole surgery.

MaryB, What a busy, busy lady you are! I will enjoy my friend, Carol, for a swap partner, though.

Everyone else have a day of beautiful weather? It was perfect here. Spent the day at a friend's house making garden stones for a plant sale that she and I have every year. Since so many of our plants froze and are now behind on growing, we came up with this stone project. It is so simple and easy. Would some of you mind giving some suggestions? A lot of the stones are large enough for 1 word. If you were buying a 1 word stone, what kinds of words would attract you?

Sounds like tomorrow will be sunny and in the 80's. WooHoo!!! All of you have a blessed rest of the week-end.
    Mary Ellen

• dirtpig
    17 years ago

I'm guessing emails didnt go though,so for the 3rd pick.
    Guessing Talon's arrival May 3.

Melissa did you get my email??Please let me know what you might want for your pick of dayliles for the up and comimg swap.

Got to run,going the MIL today to clean up her gardens.

Sunning days all...Hugs Jean

• auntiebirrd
    16 years ago

Hello! I would like to take a guess on Talon's arrival too! I have been saying for months that he will be born on Sunday May 13--Mother's Day! I hope he can wait til then. I took vacation from work that week in anticipation of his arrival. Don't let me down, sweet little nephew!
    Jenna

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Mary Ellen, beside the regular words like ... garden, love, Mom, welcome. Here are a couple I might stop and think about:

Why?
    Search
    Wish
    Life
    Live
    Unpredictable
    Innovation
    Seduction
    Art
    Caution
    Secret
    Original
    E = mc² ... you know, the equation for energy. Hubbies idea ... for the Garden Engineers.

Ok, thats enough. I know some are too long.

Come on Everyone, come up with your own list for Mary Ellen!
    sharon

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Hi everyone!

Just a quick post to let you all know that i'm still here at home and haven't made another trip to the hospital yet. : ) Talon is quite active, as are my contractions, but nothing painful yet. It's becoming hard for me to move due to my big belly and the pain in my hips & legs, but i'm going to do my best to walk a little each day in hopes that it will help with labor.

I am excited about all your guesses....I have a few I have to find in my email account and will post them here. Several of you sent the guesses to me only. I know Cody is one of them, and I think there may be a few more.
    Thank you to Shirley for keeping track of all the guesses!

And another big thanks to Shirley....she sent Talon a beautiful outfit and a photo album. With my Mom behind the camera, we'll have that album filled up in the first week, LOL! Thank you Shirley!!!

Barb, i've been thinking of you and sweet little Luther. Have been sending lots of prayers your way. I am hoping that everything turns out okay. Huge, gentle hugs to you both. And I sure did love that original poem by DD Jess! I will always think of it when I use my motion activated water squirter. : )

Mary Ellen, thank you! I read your post the other day and was thinking of words for you all day. I should have had a pen & pad with me! Here's a few off the top of my head...

Love
    Family
    Mom
    Dad
    Sister
    Brother
    Birds
    Laughter
    Sun
    Shade
    Joy
    Pondering
    Laugh
    Simple
    Beware
    Truth
    Beauty
    Bees
    Ouch!
    Brave
    Strong
    Sprinkle
    Heart
    Believe

I loved Sharon's! I could go on and on with these. I actually used to paint small river rock w/ words on them and have a few still laying around.

Thank you all for the nice comments about my family. So very sweet of you.

I have a serious amount of catching up to do. I'll try to come back for more later. Need to lay back down for a bit.

HUGS to the whole bunch!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mary_s
    16 years ago

Hi!
    I need to add my guess for our little Talon! May 8 seems to be open. Dawn I am thinking about you sweetie. Hope L&D goes well for you and little Talon!Loved seeing the pics of your lovely mom and sisters! And DH, too!

I worked outside all weekend. Saturday at the Lake and Sunday here at home. Got my pond going again and moved a bunch of lilies and daylilies to a new spot. I need to go back to work today to get a rest! Ha Ha! Still havin aches and pains but what a good feeling!

I think the freeze did kill a few of my smaller DLs and I am so sad! I need to look and look up if they were evergreens or semis! Most are coming back but a few just look dead!Of course one had a tiny shoot that I managed to break off so that one is probably a gonner too! Perhaps I need to stick with dormants!
    Also lost a few hostas. I don't know how I do it but always lose a few! Who said you cannot kill a hosta???

Sherrie, I see we are partners for the swap. I did kinda update my GW list so hope we can email about our picks. I did not put my new ones on there. Perhaps I should do that even though these probably are not ready to divide!

Mary Ellen, hope you had a happy birthday!

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Canna-May 10th
    Annie May-6th
    Cindy-April 30th
    Jaye-May lst
    Anita-May 5th
    Paul-May 4th
    Shirley-May 7th
    Carol- April 30th
    Sharon- May lst
    Lisa- April 30th
    Barb- May 11th
    Nancy- May 2nd
    Dianne-April 29th
    Mary Ellen-May 3rd
    Jean-May 3rd
    Jenna-May 13th
    Mary_s-May 8th

• barbamaman
    16 years ago

Hi -

We're starting an eBay store - does anyone here have suggestions on useful software?

Barb

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Happy May!!!!

I'm 38 weeks and soooooo happy Talon decided to wait until May. Yippee!!!!

Barb, sorry I can't help. I do a small amount of selling, but not enough for a store quite yet. But I know we have a couple of pro's here that may be able to assist....MamaG?? Angie?? Who else?? Marea??

I'm still sifting through my email messages trying to find out who sent me a guess for Talon's birthday. Here's two more for Shirley to add to the list:

Maryanne - Cinco de Mayo
    Cody - April 29

If you emailed me with a guess and I haven't posted it, plase let me know.

I see Shirley picked May 7th....that's the day I was hoping for. It's DH's birthday. : )

Hi MaryS! Great to hear from you. I can certainly attest to the hard work it takes to keep 2 places going. We haven't cut grass at the new house yet....it will have to wait. I'd love to see some updated pics from the lake house when things start to bloom.
    I lost a few Hosta too. It was mostly my fault. I wasn't able to take care of things like I normally would have last Fall. But that's okay. It was worth it. : )

Nancy, I love Tradescantia. It blooms so long and seems to be a pretty fast multiplier, but never really gets out of control.

Jo, how are ya'? I took a walk up by the pond yesterday and saw that I've got tons of plume poppy coming up. Maybe I can send some your way after Talon arrives?? Will you be ready for some?

DH finished installing our 2nd skylight yesterday (they are in the 2 upstairs bathrooms) and he's ready to complete the shingles. He's got almost 2/3 done at this point. If it wasn't for last Saturday's rain he'd probably be done. He will be finished by this weekend for sure. Our weather forecast is beeeuuuuttteeeeful! I have the feeling he is going to dance the jig when he is nailing the last one on.

We are going to be calling in an electrician and plumber soon. I insisted. I know DH would prefer to do the work, but i'd like to move in before Talon turns five, lol. Plus, he's got plenty of other things to do. He needs to start work on the septic system.

So with that in mind, I will need to start getting my final plans for the kitchen & bathrooms done so I have the info. for the electrician & plumber. I've been looking forward to this part.

Time for another rest....

Happy, happy May!!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

PS: Anyone watch the NFL draft? I'm pretty excited about our picks.

• User
    16 years ago

I have only one stone in my garden with words on it. It's part of my cement plop border and it says simply, Only Love. People ask what it means and I tell them it means many things to many people. What does it mean to you?
    I'll post a picture of the border in our pictures post.

Talon's still cooking? The longer the better for lung development. Any day now, Dawn, any day.

Hope everyone's enjoying the same glorious weather we have here in New York,
    Dianne