Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kmpsmom

NEW: Good Things Come in Small Pack(age)s Swap

Ann
13 years ago

Like many of you, I have some packs that have fewer than the usual and customary amounts of seeds I would trade. This is mostly because I don't have the room to plant out dozens or hundreds of each type of seed I start.

I'd love to trade these small packs for other small packs. You are welcome to send in up to 100 small packs of seeds, with no more than 3 duplicates of each. Flowers, veggies and herbs all accepted. Seeds should be no older than 2009. Sign-up will continue until May 1. Email me directly after you post for my address. Thanks, Ann

Comments (39)

• Ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So far the following are part of this swap:

1. KMPSMOM - Ann
    2. Shanta

C'mon I know there are lurkers are out there - a great way of trying a few more varieties or if you have limited space.

• jmsimpson9
    13 years ago

Do they have to be in the original seed package?

• Ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

To all who might be considering signing up - the seeds DO NOT need to be in their original packages. Little baggies or envelopes are fine as long as they are labeled. Thanks!

• jmsimpson9
    13 years ago

Ok I am in! I remove my seeds from their retail packaging and put them in little zip lock and then in the fridge to keep them viable till I can use them up.

• Ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The ball is rolling on this swap - I know there are others out there who are lurking. We can use more people in this swap. For my own sanity, I am going to limit the number of people to 25. So far we have 3...27 spaces to fill!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

Hi Kmpsmom,

Having a brain freeze???? Look at your numbers...lol

Sign me up...I have some thimgs with limited numbers that others might like to have.

Lisa

• Ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lisa has just pointed out my lack of arithmetic skills. We have 25 total spaces and now 4 participants. That leaves 21 spots...I think...

Participants so far:

KMPSMOM (Ann)
    Shanti
    jmsimpson9
    ishareflowers

• Ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bumping this one up!

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Okay,...count me in. :)

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Bump...

• alwaysagarden
    13 years ago

Hi Ann,
    If you get 10 or more people to join I will sign up too.

Cindy : )

• Ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK you lurkers - let's get 5or 6 more people on board so we can get this moving. I know you're out there... LOL
    I have seeds left from my WSing that I would love to get into other people's gardens.

• somadlyinlove
    13 years ago

sounds great to me!! I'd love to join.

• Ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Participants so far:

KMPSMOM (Ann)
    Shanti
    jmsimpson9
    ishareflowers
    cryptidsomadlyinlove

Lurking:

alwaysagarden

We've got room for plenty more seen enablers - so cmon and join in!

• Ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Last chance to join in for this swap - we'd love to have more and I have LOTS of seeds I need to get into other people's seed stashes. C'mon in!

• dirtdaddy
    13 years ago

I would like to join in the fun! dd

• phat_gardener86
    12 years ago

ok I think I'll join! I don't really have much but would still like to share! ~Jamie~

• Ann
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Participants so far:
    KMPSMOM (Ann)
    Shanti
    jmsimpson9
    ishareflowers
    cryptid
    dirtdaddy
    somadlyinlove
    phat_gardener86

Lurking:
    alwaysagarden

Sign-up closes on Saturday May 1st so if you're interested, please sign up soon!

• somadlyinlove
    12 years ago

Can't wait!!!

• dirtdaddy
    12 years ago

Seeds in post this morning, dd.

• jmsimpson9
    12 years ago

Cant wait to get mine!

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Hi all! I'll be mailing my seeds off tomorrow. Took me a while gathering them together and packaging them.

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Seeds are in the mail, as of this afternoon! :)

• cryptid
    12 years ago

--Bump--

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Bump...

• jmsimpson9
    12 years ago

kmpsmom, Check your email please.

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Bump again,...

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Hi! Where is everyone? Hope y'all are okay... Here, in southern Oregon, it's been wayyyyy unseasonably cool and wet. Not summer-like at all. Flowers, however, pretty much seem to be following their respective blooming cycles never the less. Our beans and peas are doing good, albeit slow growing. If there's any global warming going on, we're definitely not at the center of it.

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Still no posters besides me? Unreal. Again, I sure hope everything's okay with y'all! - Nice day, today, here. Upper 70's. Did some yard work, a bit o' shopping,...nothing real noteworthy. Planted some Styrian Pumpkin seeds (6 of `em) in a communal planter to be transplanted out later (not the best way, but for us at this point it's basically the only way, alas). Waiting on a buncha Marigolds to pop up also (7-14 days germ). Our Centranthus ruber/alba are all doing well, putting on flower heads, likewise our Columbine, Blue Bells bulbs and strawberries (both white and red flowered). - Please, someone, post back. All I'm getting is echoes, here. - Thought this was an active swap thread. :(

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Wow,...it's like everyone's on vacation somewhere, only who can afford it at today's gas prices? Not usn's, that's for sure. :/ - Anyway, it's all cloudy and coldish here again, dang it. We're supposed to have a whole week of it, with rain and possible thunder bumpers (we hate thunder storms, mostly because of likely power outages--freaks out our autistic son--can't watch TV or play video games). - Elsewise, things just keep on growing, blooming and producing seeds. Oh yeah,...and I've gotten back into messin' with origami (mostly owls and snails at this point--frogs are next, though, I think).

• dirtdaddy
    12 years ago

Seeds came in mail sat. Looked through them after yard saleing all morning! My best find was a six pot Aerogarden.
    Everything looks like it still works. I'm thinking of just
    using the lights to overwinter some bird peppers.
    Thanks to all traders in this swap!
    I potted up my last flat of seeds this afternoon, including:
    Artichoke, never tried to grow from seed before.
    Sunset runner bean.
    Quionia
    Wilson's gold tomatoe, planted all of 'em.
    Good luck to all! david

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Woo hoo! My chock-full package of wonderful seeds arrived today, and what a fab lot they are (mostly veggies, too)!

-Beans-

Kentucky Wonder
    Appaloosa
    Pinto

-Peppers-

Siling-Labuyo (hot)
    Red Peter (hot)
    Tepin (hot)
    Balloon (hot)
    Pimiento Habanero (hot)
    Purple Beauty Bell

-Tomatoes-

Black Mountain Pink
    White Beauty Snowball
    Big Rainbow
    Pink Caspian
    Mortgage Lifter
    IXL Bolgiano's Extremely Early

-Squash-

Acorn
    Waltham Butternut
    Zucchino Rampicante (a.k.a. Tromboncino)
    White Bush Scallop Patty Pan

-Other Veggies-

Rhubarb
    Thai Basil
    Leek - "Lancelot"
    Parsley - Dark Green Italian
    Parsley - Italian (commercial)
    Long Purple Japanese Egg Plant
    Dill - "Grandma Einck's"

-Non-Veggies-

Blue Potato Vine
    Burgundy Sweet William
    Maltese Cross
    Hopi Red Dye Amaranthus
    Amaranth - "Golden Giant"

Great fun stuff! Thank you, Ann, so much for hosting this! And thank you, everyone, for being so very generous!!

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Bump

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Seriously,...what's going on here? Is everyone all right?? With, basically, only me posting here anymore, it's a bit disconcerting, actually. - "Hello-o-o-o-o...!" ??? :/

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Bump...

• dirtdaddy
    12 years ago

Some seeds sprouting! Will check again later today.
    Had a really hard time this spring getting the peppers going.
    Tomatoes doing well. dd

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Yo, dirtdaddy, thanks for your generous contributions! :)

• dirtdaddy
    12 years ago

Hello Cryptid! How did the seeds do? Did u plant any yet?
    Got the Sunset runner beans planted and potted up four Wilson's Gold tomatoes.
    Been dry here until today, probably got .25 inch of rain.
    Planted a couple dozen Hopi Red Flint corn back in April
    and its' chest high now.
    Perhaps everyone else is in the garden or on vaction.
    dd

• cryptid
    12 years ago

DD,...Haven't planted everything yet. In fact, due to various recent familial goings on I'm way behind where I'd be ordinarily. However, though, I want you to know, I do keep track of who sends me what-when-n-why, so I can provide appropriate, timely feedback and comments. - Also, the weather, here, has been just plain whacky for months now. Cold, wet and basically unreal. Still waiting for seeds to germinate (even Marigolds took longer than usual).