Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice needed for 'Not so Secret swap FAQ'

Posted by love2gardennc z7b NC (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 3, 08 at 14:33

I am the person who originally wrote the FAQ for this forum and have been presented with a bit of a Quanundrum (big word for a 'not to easy to answer question'). What do you call a swap that is posted by one person, and to her you send your address (confirming your interest in swapping). She/he then matches you with another person and your addresses are exchanged via her (the original poster). I don't know if other information is included or not ( GW name, interests ie. perennials, night bloomers, that sort of thing, all that I guess is at her discretion)
Chemocurl has in another post sort of named this "A NOT SO SECRET SWAP". I like that name and it does give us another catagory.
Please email me with all your responses, any other questions that you feel need answering in the RR FAQ, or if you have cancern that I might help with, Les
I have nothing to do with IVillage, so I can't do anythng beyond change the FAQ for this forum.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice needed for 'Not so Secret swap FAQ'

Hi Les, in the past we have done a Secret Sender Swap for plants. The host/ess maintained a list of addresses for all the participants and once sign-ups were finished she emailed each of the swappers with a Secret Send-To Partner and their address. The only person who knows the id of their sender is the host/ess. All the other swappers are surprised with who sent the box to them. These were all sent direct from each member.

The hostess does not collect the boxes and then distribute them to the swap participants. That is usually done for large seed exchanges.

The secret senders can look at their recipient's trade list for special items to add to the boxes/packages in addition to the items that were specified in the rules for that particular exchange.

One item that might be worth adding to the faqs is how to add photos to RR posts through photobucket.com or flickr.com, many new members have asked this same question time and again. We are always happy to help them but it would be a nice feature to have available in all of the forum faqs.

Another would be What to Send to My Partner. Encouraging members to view their partner's plant and seed exchange lists to see what their partner is looking for or already has in abundance. Updated trade lists are a great tool to help make a successful trade.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here