Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbirddaisy

NEW: Hortiholics Anon. 2006 year long swap

hummingbirddaisy
17 years ago

We just finished up on a year long swap that mgood4u hosted and did a FABULOUS job!!!! Had a wonderful time!

I would like to carry on the swap for another year, and then maybe someone else from the group can carry it on for a 3rd year.

The swap is pretty basic.

You send a box to your assigned pal once a month that includes gardening items, plants, seeds, bulbs, and anything special that you wold like to add to the box, such as bath items, teas, coffees, cookies, etc.

Please, if you don't think you can dedicate yourself to a year, don't sign up. If for some reason, you HAVE to drop out, please send me an e-mail and let me know, so I will be able to find a replacement ASAP. If something comes up and you can't send one month, please let me know, and I will contact your partner, and you can make it up in the next months box.

We'll start this out as a "Secret Partner". How long we can stay anonymous, who knows, LoL. But, we can try :-).

So, if we get enough interest here, we'll move ahead!

I look forward to hosting. Dawn, if you have any tips, please feel free to share ;-)

Tina

Comments (25)

• franky099
    17 years ago

Sounds like a lot of fun, I would like to join!

Amy

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I missed out on the last one. I'd like to join! Send me details!

Sue G.

• missspoiled25
    17 years ago

I would like to join, this sounds like so much fun!

Let me know if I can play!

Thanks,
    Millie

• fivemeows
    17 years ago

I would love to join also count me in..

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Count me in too please. I read your update posting it sounds like you guys had a ton of fun and I can't wait to get to know each of you. Thanks.

Lisa

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glad to see you all! Still room for LOTS more. I would ideally like to have 12 people. Recruit your frinds, LoL.
    This really is ALOT of fun!

Will be getting a questionaire ready to send out in the next week.

Thanks, Tina

• kellyinflorida
    17 years ago

I would love to join in. These are so much fun!!
    Thanks,
    Kelly

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

I'll join!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I would love to join too!

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just thought that I would point out that it is a very good idea to post on your exchange page, your plant wants and things you enjoy and/or collect. If you will take a peek at my exchange page, you will see, at the very bottom, I have posted info for my RR buddies. Even though we fill out questionnaires, sometimes things change, and it's nice to keep us updated so we can send things that we know you will enjoy. My swap partner in the Hort. Anon. 2005 was wonderful. Besides sending me absolutely gorgeous plants, she always managed to send something with roosters on it (as I collect roosters). She was ALWAYS right on top of things, and was just wonderful!
    Also, jot down your partners Birthday. That way, you can wish them a "Happy Birthday" on the forum, and also send a nice card with a special gift in the box.
    I am so thrilled! to have all of you here. I hope we can keep the same group all year long!
    There will be a special gift box for each of you who are still here when June 2007 rolls around, and have made good on sending faithfully, from me, as a "Thank You".

Oh yea! I just got an e-mail that debbya is joining us! Woo-Hoo! :-)
    This is going to be so much fun!!!

I am working on a questionnaire to be sent out within the next week, so be looking for it. I will post here when I e-mail everyone, so you can let me know if you received it or not.
    What I need from you is your mailing information, GW name and e-mail addresses. So, ge that sent in ASAP!

Happy Gardening!
    Tina

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Tina, Hi I'd like to join too!!! Thanks, Amy A.

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Thanks for the tip Tina. My exchange page definitely needs some updating!

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Bump, anyone else?

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all! I would ideally like to have 3 more poeple sign up, but if not, oh well.
    I am going to take sign ups until May 15th. Then I will partner everyone up, and send out the info.
    So sorry about not having the questionnaire out yet. It has been one freak month. Lots and Lots of rain. I also damaged my left shoulder. We are remodeling our home, and I have been needing to move two gardens,but between the rain, and then injuring my shoulder, it's been difficult. I still have trades to dig, argh!
    Anyway....... will try my best to get a questionnaire out in the next day. Please feel free to go into detail on it so your partner will have a good idea of who you really are:-)
    I might just send my questionnaire already filled out with yours as an example.
    We'll start next month!
    Take care all and I look forward to seeing you all posting!
    Tina

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Hi Tina, I would like to join this robin if it is not to late. It sounds like a lot of fun. Please let me know. Thanks

Deanie

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deanie, it's great to have you!
    I am getting ready to send out the questionnaire. Please post when you all receive it, and when you send it back. My e-mail is giving me grief again, argh.......

Wishing for sunnier skies in rainy Iowa,
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okies, just e-mailed out the questionnaire. Please let me know if you did not receive one.

Thanks,
    Tina

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Tina,
    My questionaire is lost in cyber space!

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I received the questionnaire, filled it out and sent it back - hope you got it Tina!

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

I have mine, It's just taking me some time because it's so HARD to not list everything!

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

I haven't received mine yet. Am I still in? PLMK
    Thanks
    Lisa & Kayla

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Phew... Just finished mine. It took me all morning, lol.

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I resent questionnaires to those who didn't receive the first time around. Let me know if you get them! :-)
    Try to get these in by tomorrow evening. I would like to pair buddies up and get things going for June. I am going to post for a few more sign ups and hopefully we can start our gardening party, smiles!
    Feel free to have a cup of of tea, and smell the flowers :-)

Happy Mother's Day Ladies
    Tina

• franky099
    17 years ago

I did not recieve a questionaire. Could you please email one to Franky099@aol.com

Thanks!
    Amy

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Hi Tina
    Sent the questionaire back to you Sunday, let me know if you did not receive it.
    Deanie

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations