And smell a rose.

Then say under your breath:

"I believe in Fairies, sure as death.

Gadflykins! Gladtrypins!

Gutterpuss and Cass!

Come to me fairily

Terry Jones

This RR is only for those who believe:

You really can bring them in your gardens..

gnomes to so watchout if a fairy house is vacent to long those pesky gnomes might move right in.

This swap is for Fairy, frog, gnomes and feathered friend lovers!!

If you are interested: post your favorite picture of a fairy to let me know you are interested. I will pair up partners in two weeks. Please make sure that you send your packages with delivery confirmation adn make sure that you either send your partner a PM or post that you have sent your package.

it is not required but nice to see pics of the beautiful gifts that arrive on your doorsteps. But please be kind enough to post the contents of your boxes.

This will be fun..

Share the magic..Beans (Laura)

Each lad and lass!"

Comments (97)

• llbean
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all sorry that I have been delayed in responding to many of you. I had some computer down time, ut I am back and running.
    This swap is not really "monthed" but it would be nice to get your boxes out by the middle of May. If for some reason you can't then just et your partner know.
    Some of you knowme and some of you are getting to know me and I feel that swaps are for fun. I don't feel there should be the strings bells and whistles. I have and will continue to feel that it is a blessing to know each of you. It is an honor to swap with anyone and evryone. Each time I enter a swap, round robbin etc I have always thought it is nice to give someone something that they would like, but I also like to give something that I like to give. When someone asks me what I want, well hmm. many things, but I feel that it is what ever the giver makes it. Then that way, I have a piece of that personin my garden home etc. Sometimes the most beautiful things I have rec. (I meanlike Christmas, from my parents orhubby) are NOT something tha I would have picked out for me. But then I noticed that when I wore that "sweater" that is animal print, I get compliments or people notice it. Certainly a bit on the wild side for me, but then I found my tiger..
    So seriously, have fun., give your partner something that you like, that you'd enjoy. We all joined this robbin due to the name of the robbin, it caught your eye as well as your partner, right? Well then that is what it is about. If we really wanted a "purple sparkle fairy to complete the front bed" wouldn't you find a way to obtain it? I am sure that most of us would.
    But RRing is fun, and always a surprise when I open the box, card or envelope.
    Please consider doing this with all your RR's it makes it that much more special to think that you thought of "me" "whoever" when you put the gift together, not what I wanted in the box.
    it has been fun hosting this swap and I hope that maybe there will bea FFAFF number two!!

Just some thoughts, I'll ge off my soap box now and thanks again to agreat bunch of people. I have loved the pics.

Laura

• drippy
    15 years ago

Laura, I have tried to reach takingroot without any success - do you have a different email for him/her other than the ones available through the Member Pages? (S)he claimed to have a strong Spam filter; either (s)he isn't checking spam, or my email isn't getting through at all.

Thanks,

Kim (drippy)

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Laura, I love the way you put things into perspective! I absolutely love sending boxes of things that I can share and I love thinking about the person I am sending to, sharing things from my gardens with them. I also think that each time I receive something from a partner that a part of them goes into the things they send me so I make sure that whatever goes into my gardens has a new memory attached to it, a new friend/old friend, shared feelings something they cared enough about to send from them to me. I love to get to know new friends and learning about them and also learning new things from them. You put it very eloquently. Thank you soo much for this swap also it shows that there are alot of fairy people out there!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• christieb199
    15 years ago

Awww, it looks like I missed out on this one.
    I wish I would have checked this earlier, I love fairies!
    Hope you all have fun and I hope to join the next one.

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Pixie

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Linda your box is in the mail conf # 03080730000067900193. hope you like it. Pixie I love your fairy pic above really pretty. give a big hug to my guy for me, and ask him to give one to you for me also, I was hoping to get your name, maybe next swap. Thankyou Laura for a fun swap. hugs carol

• llbean
    Original Author
    15 years ago

oh pixie that is a cute pic. is it a buyable print somewhere?

I am glad everyone is having fun.. I hope to get boxes out tomorrow and then hopefully we can be peeking at what everyone is getting.
    Did everyone get in touch with their partners?

Laura

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm working on my box for this swap and will have it together soon! Hope my partner likes! (I think she will:)

Sassy
    (I'm not sure she's a fairy, but she makes me think she's one.....

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello everyone
    sassdy - maybe she is just hiding her wings. :)

amy - I'm packing your box this morning so you should have it by sat

gotta go need to get the kids ready for school
    michelle

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Carol, we get paid today so your box will be going out tomorrow. I'll post the confirmation number so you can track it. I hope you like everything!

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    amy your box is on the way
    CF# 0306 3030 0001 8901 2743
    I can't wait to see what I get
    michelle

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Hi Fairy Friends,

Laura I got that picture from photobucket so I don't know if there are prints of it available for sale.

My box to Debbya is going to go out the first of next week.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Pixie

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Michelle, I am still working on your box, really have kind of a hard time trying to find something red and shiny for your hummingbirds any suggestions? Thanks, Amy

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    amy - don't stress it I'm sure I will like what ever you send. so will the hummers if they ever show up, I'm starting to get worried about them
    michelle

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Carol,
    Your box went out today and the number is:03071790000254852618

I received YOUR box to me today and everything was awesome!
    in the box was:

a pretty fairy with lavendar wings
    fairy for my garden
    a picture frame
    warm vanilla bath set
    a cute humming bird feeder
    two little mushroom birds in a nest

purple clematis bulbs (I've been looking at these!)
    fire and ice dahlia (gorgeous)
    stargazer lily bulbs (one of my favorites!)
    anemone blue bulbs (I had some at my other place but didn't get a chance to move them when we moved)
    a lavendar grow kit (it's really neat looking)

"bright eyed girl" morning glory seeds
    "enchantment mix" bush type morning glory seeds (I haven't seen those before)
    Moonflower giant white

Thank you so much Carol, what a great box!

Linda

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

WOW great box Linda!!! Carol your awesome!!!

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Wow, I just checked the status of my box and it finally made it to the postal unit. USPS #0307 0020 0003 4320 4992. I mailed the box out on April 25th! I wonder why priority's running so slow!

Trina,
    I have no idea why this box took so long! I sent it by priority. I'll resend any plant material that didn't make it. Plus, I'll add more to the box (houseplants) to make the postage worth it. I'll send a flatrate box out ASAP, I really have a feeling that the stuff isn't going to look good after being in the box so long! I have plenty of houseplants to share anyways. So this works out for me too. ;)

Deb

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

OHHH don't do anything yet Deb!!! The plants may be just fine since its really not too hot yet. Im excited and can't wait now for 3 o'clock when Renee brings the mail!!!!

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

OHHH Sweet Deb!!!

Just got your box!!! the plants are very green and healthy!!!! I love them!!! I will take pics and email you so you believe me on that!!!

This is what Deb sent me......

"Fairy Vines"
    Hoya - "Bella"
    Hoya - "cumingia"
    "Pixie Trail" (Trailing AV) Perfect name ;)

they are all very healthy sweetie, you packed them great!!!

She also sent ...

(I love your handwriting btw) a lovely note with instructions on how to plant each of these (thank you because I have never had any of these before! Especially the AV Pixie!)

A lil Froggie that looks like its whispering!

A hummingbird feeder (just found out that these are called hand held feeders too)

The cutest lil Gnome pot sitter/hanger. SOOO CUTE!!!

A beautiful glass ball Ornament filled with sparkles and feathers (this is my Pixie Dust Ornament from now on!)

Once Apon a Rose "Almond Blossom" Shower Gel and Body Butter.

A WONDERFUL HARDCOVER BOOK "ATTRACTING BIRDS TO YOUR BACKYARD" I LOVE this~~ !!!

Thank you sooo much Deb! I love it all!!!

(oh have to tell ya'll also that when I opened the box there was "Fairy Sparkles" sprinkled throughout it!!!)

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

I forgot to add the beautiful blue Hummingbird windchime that Deb sent also. I hung it up before I came in here and just realized that I forgot to mention it. Its got the sweetest sound and is sooo pretty. Thank you for all of this Deb!!!

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Michelle,
    Wow did I receive a awesome box of plants! I love everything!!!!
    First of all,
    Three different sedums:
    purple emporar
    munsted dark red
    and one with pink flowers
    Russian Sage- have been wanting this alot
    agastache, golden jubilee,
    lambs ear
    amethist astilbee- looks so daint like a fairy could land on it.
    wild woodland ferns, also so dainty
    purple bee balm- one of my favorites, I just love the way it smells
    Rose of sharon double purple- can't wait to see it bloom
    and a cute little bluestone pine tree perfect for a little fairy forest.
    Also, a cute hummer feeder that I will get all set up. I have one out there and they are little piggies.
    Michelle, Thank you so much, I just love everything. I will be sending your box out Monday or Tuesday just have one plant sale to hit first tomorrow. Have a great weekend. Amy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Laura ! I'm sending you an email.. pls let me know if you don't receive it.

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Michelle,
    Just wanted to let you know that your package will be going out tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the plants. Take care, Amy

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Linda, thankyou for an awesome box
    pkg of 7 daylilies
    rose of sharon plant
    rooted cuttings of rock rose plants
    lupine,blackberry lilly and daylily seeds
    2 cute frogs
    frog windchimes
    box of chocolates,
    fairy and birdie plant stakes
    beautiful rose,hummingbird note cards ( I needed these)
    garden gloves
    fairy stickers
    inspiration garden rock
    I love my box
    if you send it with white side out it is 8.95 to anywhere
    saves a lot of money
    Thankyou for such a nice box also the 2 wolf magnents and cute card. hope I didn't miss anything, you are too generous
    big hugs
    carol

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

carol,
    I'm glad you liked it! And I'll remember that about mailing the boxes. You were a fun swap partner!
    Linda

• llbean
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW ladies.. Looks like everyone is getting some great things.
    To the ford GIRLS....
    I mailed your package 0307 3330 0001 0131 6375. I hope that you like it.. I was waitng on one more thing, but it was backordered until June. SO if it gets here I will mail it..

Sassybutterflies, I got your email regarding your partner and please if you'd like to swap with me, I will. Let me know.

Laura

• llbean
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW.. From the Ford Fairy girls I rec. a great box with Columbine and a Muchroom bird house.
    This will look so Awesome. You girls saved me from going to the store as I just made two cute fairy doors and that was my next edition. A gnome home. Thanks so much.

Laura

• clabarr
    15 years ago

Laura,

I wish you could have been here to see and hear the excitement the two girls had when the package arrived. You sent such wonderful surprises! and they just kept finding more and more things in the box. It was better than Christmas! Thank you for such a special package that will keep on growing. You sent such a wonderful package, I feel like we need to send you a second one to make up for all that you did! This was so wonderful and we are all so excited about the fairy village that is currently in-process. They hung the butterfly chimes up immediately, put together the bird feeders, and are anxious to get started painting the birdhouses and tulips. It is this kind of positive experience that makes them love gardening even at this early age. Thank you so very much. We are all so excited about it and will send you pictures of their Fairy Village when we get it built. The plants you sent are perfect for it, and Ariana can't wait to plant the seeds. I know that they will be sending you a thank you. We got the package just before dinner. It was a very happy time!
    Connie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Laura ~ I appreciate the offer hon, but I'll pass this late in the game. I've already signed up for the new fairy swap and everything I'd gotten fairy themed to send to Jamie will now just be sent to someone over there. I wish it had turned out better but... lol Anywho.. thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll have better luck in the new swap.

Hugs all,
    Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    I got a great box from amy(amy is my middle name)
    she sent
    a very pritty fluttering butterfly glass ornament for the garden
    a morning glory
    several named caldiums
    an orange crocosmia(is this a lily?)
    a white bird of pradise
    globe thistle
    obediant plant - purple
    texas red star hibiscus
    christa barlow columbine
    6 purple liatris

I love them all, they made it just fine and look very healthy.

I got them all planted right away in my nursery bed to recover.

thank you very much for the great box and have a great summer
    michelle

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Michelle,
    The crocosmia is in the iris family. It is beautiful when it blooms- I think anyway and it grows really easy, I just love it. I'm so glad everything arrived safely. Hope they grow well for you. Take care, Amy

• drippy
    15 years ago

Ach, I feel like the swap "deadbeat", but Jaye (Takingroot), please do not give up on me! I have gathered a couple of things together for your box, and am looking for some special others - trying to get my "Money Pit" ready for market has proved a daunting task, and I'm still working as well - within this coming week I should have your box out to you! I will let you know when I do.

An abashed Drippy, who is usually a lot more timely with swaps/RRs

• llbean
    Original Author
    15 years ago

it looks like just about 1/2 of us have got/rec. boxes. Could those of you who have still not received email me just so I have a count.

Thanks again for such a great swap.

Laura

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Laura, I haven't sent yet but plan to next week, also, Sweetkitten you make it hard on a Fairy!

Sassy

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Laura I haven't sent yet either but Debs box is going out this coming week. I have been finishing up on something that I want to include in her box.

Pixie

• TakingRoot
    15 years ago

Drippy..........

Don't fret....I too have had a challlenge on trying to find just the right items.....Your box will be about another week or so....if that's ok? I'm in no hurry to get my box.... so take YOUR time.....I'm fairy challenged!

I'm usually timely as well......

But I did want to wish all:

JAYE

• drippy
    15 years ago

Jaye - phew! I like to play these things at my best, and don't want to just shuffle something off to you in a hurry without any thought. Another week - or even two! is fine with me.

Happy Mother's Day to you, too, and to all our players who are mothers!

• drippy
    15 years ago

Well, due to my DH's messing around with my security, I've had a rough time getting on here. Jaye, I sent you an email - your box is on the way, DC#03070020000193715020. Hope you enjoy it!

Laura, thanks for setting this up!

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Sweetkitten your box was shipped today UPS. I'll try to post the dc# tommorrow. My SIL forgot to email me the # before leaving work.

Sassy
    {{gwi:1263563}}

• sassyd
    15 years ago

UPS dc#1Z6408W11259460911

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Tracking Number: 1Z 640 8W1 12 5946 091 1

Type: Package
    Delivered On: 05/23/2008
    2:42 P.M.
    Delivered To: BOONE, IA, US
    Service: 3 DAY SELECT

Yes! 3 day and she can't post! UPS 3 day. This won't happen again.

• drippy
    15 years ago

USPS says my box was delivered to Takingroot (Jaye). Hope she likes it!

• llbean
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well it looks like everyone is getting their boxes and the swap is almost ready to wrap up.
    I heard that Sweetkitten received a very lovely box from Sassy that included:
    daylilies Pink Grace & Pixie Parasol, some bearded iris, some hostas, gladolia bulbs and crinium bulbs. and a little fairy thingy you stick in a flower pot.
    Are you not just drooling or what?
    if the fairies don't come visit her garden with all those wonderful gifts I would be surprised. What a great gift Sassy and what person wouldn't want to get a gift like that.
    Nice job.
    Laura

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Hi Deb,

I haven't forgotten ya, I am sending your box out on Tuesday. Sorry I have taken so long.

Hope everyone has a great Holiday,

Pixie

• sweetkitten51
    15 years ago

SORRY!!!!
    I just returned from a graduation in Ks.
    I left before it arrived.
    The person that was to mail my package for me forgot.
    So it will be sent on Tuseday.

• TakingRoot
    15 years ago

I received my box from Drippy once I returned home from being out of town for over a week....It was received but I wasn't here to open it......
    What a LOVELY box it is! It included:
    A bag of Lilium bulbs (so many and I have the perfect spot for them)
    A bag of Caladium bulbs (going in my red bed)
    A bag of Park Princess Dahlia's (will go in my flower bed dedicated to my mother and brother)
    A bag of Freesia hybrid bulbs (going in a new bed that has small hosta's)
    A bag of Tricyrtis (Toad Lilies)(also in red bed)
    Ipomopsis seeds and Convolvulus seeds, a hummingbird feeder
    and a BIG fairy solar powered globe that lights up at night! DH was impressed with the entire box! I think he enjoys them as much as I do.
    WOW! AWESOME BOX!!!!!
    It will all get planted very soon, once I recover from the trip.
    Thank you soooo much Drippy, you know how to pack a box girl! I appreciate it all and LOVE IT!
    I'm still waiting on something I ordered that has been back ordered so don't give up on me just yet...thanks for your patience and for being so generous!

Jaye

• drippy
    15 years ago

Glad everything arrived ok, Jaye! I will probably get one of the fairy solar globes for myself - but AFTER I get to SC - LOL, I am trying to keep weight to a minimum for the move. I hope all the bulbs are ok - I suspected after not hearing that you might be out of town when they arrived - please let me know if they are shriveled - I have some alternative ideas.

A deal on my house that looked VERY good fell through today - bummer - but it means I have time to look around at my plants - what's left after the landscapers came chopping through, that is - and see if I can dig up some to send you. I'll give you a heads-up before I do, though.

Glad you liked the box contents - and as I said before, I am in nooooo hurry, as my planting status is put in limbo by this wacko move (that I am ultimately looking forward to).

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Laura I received my box from sweetkitten. I'll try to get back on later and post contents.

Thanks sweetkitten

Sassy

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Deb, I just took your box to the po, sorry I took so long. I hope you like what I sent. The DC# 0103 8555 7494 1401 2016

Smiles,
    Pixie

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi Trina,
    Your box arrived! Thanks so much!

Included was..

Peace lily, mini jade, Fairy rose, Nancy Reagan rose, mini wandering jew, pkg. of pink glads, tulips, handpainted monarch butterfly "Welcome" rock that Trina hand painted! I love it, it's so pretty! Cute fairy on a rock already sitting in my rose garden!

Thanks Trina for such a nice box!

Hugs,
    Deb