Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tl_graham

April MNF : A spring hippity Hop

tl.graham
12 years ago

April is one of those months that has us all rearing to get out in the garden. It's a time of new beginnings. There is nothing as glorious as hearing the song of a bird, long absent through the winter months. Spring bulbs have broken through the sleepy earth and now brighten our days. The air is different, charged with an excitement you can feel. As warm weather approaches we start to shake off the funk of winter.

This year April is pretty exciting! April Fools always a favorite around my house. This month hosts Easter, Friday the 13th and Earth Day.

I thought to incorporate all of these things, this swap would be a secret partner swap. I will assign partners in an email and sen you each your partners name and mailing address in the email.

Partners assigned April 13

Packages to be sent by April 20

Keep your package to a small flat rate box or a padded flat rate envelope. Please get a confirmation number and email that to me. PLEASE include you GW name as I am very bad at knowing who I am talking to. lol bad memory

In your package you must include these 5 things. Anything else is optional.

1. A spring inspired card.

2. Something whimsical and fun for April Fools. Something to bring a smile or chuckle.

3. At least 5 packs of seeds. Flowers, veggies, fruit, grasses, etc that have pastel flowers, fruit or foilage. Please send do not send seed that is older than 2010.

4. Something bunny related/Easter basket inspired. Chocolate is awesome. Have fun! (Spring, bunnies, lambs, eggs..etc.)

5. To honor Earth Day: something "up cycled" An item that have use and life left in it. Pass it on! ( garden magazines, decorations, garden or spring related.

When signing up please post here, as well as send me an email with your mailing address and GW name.

Hope to hear from you!!

Comments (13)

• smitties
    12 years ago

Another simple one, I'm in. I just need to find something "foolish".

Margo

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Super Simple and SWEET! So IN! :)
    vina

• tl.graham
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Welcome Margo and Vina!

Still plenty of time to join! New friends, old friends..

• smitties
    12 years ago

Hello, hello, anyone there? Where are all our MNF members. As a matter of fact, MNF stands for Make New Friends so new members are welcome. I know there are some basic rules for newbies so if tl could post those, maybe we could lure in some new friends.

Hope everyone is having a Happy Easter. I know after a good meal and restrained eating, my tummy is very happy.

Margo

• tl.graham
    Original Author
    12 years ago

There is still time to sign up! The Making New Friends swaps are for "new" and "old" friends alike. Don't be shy. JOin today!

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Checking in.. busy in the gardens. Not sure I will have time for this one, so haven't signed up yet.

Sunshine today, so going to enjoy it in the gardens before I go to work. The lettuces look cute in their little pots, but would appreciate being in the ground before we get any warmer weather.

Corrine

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Hey all!

Where is everyone!? I imagine with schools out/ spring break and surviving Easter weekend people are out and about???

Hope more people sign up :)

• lysa39
    12 years ago

can i sign up still?
    thanks lisa

• smitties
    12 years ago

TL, wouldn't mind if you need to extend the deadline to get more interest going for the swap. Margo

• tl.graham
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi all! Yes Lisa you can still join. Welcome!!

I will extend the sign up period til April 19, partners assigned on April 20th. I posted kinda late the first post, and with holiday.. Hope to see more of you sign up.

New friends, old friends. You can be a "newbie". Tell a friend, bring a friend!! =)

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

This is such a good idea tl.graham & wish I could commit to doing it this month... but, I have to say no so I can wrap up what I've already started here & at camp. I am checking things off my list, but sometimes add 2 more to it. Plus our son graduates this year... You all know how time fills up...

I want to catch a hummingbird on camera, but I have to sit still in the garden with the camera to do that. I had put some pots on my chair because I'm not sitting anyway & wanted to keep them up away from slugs. I moved the plants the other day, but haven't sat there yet. In between rain showers I'm on my feet working not sitting because we haven't had much sunshine yet.

We went to a plant swap on Saturday & brought home 100s of plants. I'm only keeping a few dozen & the rest go to our daughter, camp, a friend, or our parents. Only 2 are still as given in the plastic bags dug up from the garden perennials now. I've been potting or planting like crazy this week using up my potting soil stash to keep them growing well.

Spring is full of fun!

Corrine

• tl.graham
    Original Author
    12 years ago

HI! since we didn't have any more sign ups I will be sending emails to the people who did sign up to see if they still wanted to go forward with the partner swap.

Sorry I haven't been around much.

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Hi TL! I'm thinking that this month is over, so we can just move to May. I'm emailing Rose (rosemctier) she's signed up for this month.
    :) talk to you later!
    vina