Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
galium_gw

May-Queen Of The Month 'Earthlydelights'

galium
17 years ago

Maryanne, your turn has come: Step up to the dais as your subjects present you with your crown and scepter.

glitter text

Comments (50)

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Queen Maryanne..Your most Royal Majesty.Your gifts will go out on Wednesday.Hope you have a Wonderful Reign : )

Nancy

• sassyd
    17 years ago

{{gwi:1263734}}

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sassy-girl you know I love those graphics you post.

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

thanks for letting me know nancy. i didn't think this group was going to continue. i just saw on the other post that mariann is taking over hosting. (thank you).

sassy, i just LOVE that graphic. looks just like me.

maryanne

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

maryanne, are you receiving my emails?
    Mariann

• Boomer _Lady
    16 years ago

Earthly,
    Your box was mailed last Friday. I forgot to post the DC# then. Here it is:
    0306 0320 0004 1408 9136

Enjoy

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

debbie, your box arrived. i will post its contents tomorrow. WHAT A BOX!

maryanne

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Maryanne,Your gifts from me have been delayed.Robin Hood ambushed me in the forest and stole your bag of gold...No...I saw something I thought you might like so I need towait a few days for it to arrive.Then it will be on its way to you my Queen.
    Nancy

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

debbie,

thank you for the most generous box of beautifully wrapped goodies.

i've already hung out the windchimes - one is a decorative glow in the dark butterfly and the other a filigree type cross. since i'm struggling tonight with "what's for dinner", the cookbook will certainly come in handy. i'm enjoying going through that now.

the garden stone found the perfect place as the based of my lamp post.

i love each scent of candle that you sent - gardenia, rain and lilac - three of my absolute favorites.

my son thanks you for the bag of hershey kisses. he brought in the box, waited to see what was there and was positive they were meant for him! lol

thank you ever so much for an absolutely fantastic box of gifts. i really appreciate them all.

maryanne

• Boomer _Lady
    16 years ago

Earthly,
    I'm glad you liked the things I picked out for you. I had most of that bought before the RA hit. I wanted to share a plant from my garden but that didn't work out. I got the cookbook at the friends of the library sale. It was supposed to be a new copy of an old book that the book store donated. I just glanced through it quickly, I didn't see any library stamps on it, so I'm hoping it wasn't used one. If it is used, I'm sorry.

Speaking of nicely wrapped gifts, I loved the wrapping on my gifts. I had never seen any like that before.

Enjoy your month. :)

• Boomer _Lady
    16 years ago

This was our original Queen of month list:

January - DEBBYA
    February - CEDARNEST
    March - DEBBIE_SW_OK
    April - MONIPSYCH
    May - EARTHLYDELIGHTS
    June - SGUANZON
    July - GALLIUM
    August - ANDREA81
    September - HUMMINGBIRDDAISY
    October - GGWRN
    November - SNYDER
    December - Secret Santa Swap

I don't have any info for Tina, it wasn't included in the original questionnaire answers I received. Also I don't have any info for Dawiff. I know she joined late so I may have missed it. Is Dawiff taking the place of our Secret Santa or is someone dropping out that I don't know about?

I'm sooooo confused! I'm just going to blame it on the drugs. LOL

Thanks for any info y'all may have to clear my brain!

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

debbie. i know that wrapping was for a different occasion, but the fact that it had your name on it and spelled your way, i could NOT resist! the book is fine. i'm good with used books too. i have many books with the library stamp in them its crazy. sometimes when i lend them to friends, they ask if i want them to just return it to the library.

as for the plant, no worry. i totally understand how that can sometimes be impossible, given the RA. you are always in spirit with the things you send me. i'll have to get a picture of the puzzle and post it. that always makes me think of you and smile!

alison/dawiff took august, i believe. i think andrea chose not to play from the beginning. mariann, will tina still be playing since she's no longer a part of garden web, do you know?

once mariann/galium answers, i'll send you both that you are missing.

as for anyone else that wonders what to send - i would love a piece of your garden to add to mine.

maryanne

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm going to email everyone today.

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Thanks Mariann.I received your email thismorning and everyone else should have too.OK if anyone did not receive Marianns message please post here so she knows and can resend it.I know sometimes for some crazy reason messages are sometimes delivered to spam folders for some or automatically deleted so please check so Mariann knows you received it.Thank You again Mariann!
    Nancy

• Boomer _Lady
    16 years ago

Mariann,
    I didn't get an email from you. Can you send it again. Thanks.

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Debbie,
    I just sent the email to you again. It may have gone into your Bulk Mail folder. Some of mine do.

Mariann

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne,
    I hope your first birthday week has been jubilant.

{{gwi:1263736}}

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

mariann, i didn't get an email. i'm still having some problems with my provider, so if you would try again.

thanks
    maryanne

p.s. deb, i'm so sorry, i forgot to mention the painted flower pot set that you sent me. i put them out of the way when i opened the box and just noticed tonight. thanks again for everything!!!!!!

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne, I resent the email to you.
    Mariann

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne your birthday present is on it's way.

DC# 0103 8555 7491 6221 7145

Mariann

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Maryanne,

Your box is on its way - hope you like what I sent - glad I didn't send you any hyacinths after reading your post on the other thread - LOL!
    DC #0304 1560 0005 2007 9989

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

sue, and mariann, thanks for letting me know. i'll post once it gets here.

FYI sue, i LOVE hyacinths. it's those little grape hyacinths that are growing like weeds here!

maryanne

• snyder
    16 years ago

I have a box ready to mail tomarrow for Maryanne, Conf # is 0306 1070 0002 9248 9248 6169

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

a big thanks to sue g. what a great box of plants. i love each and every one of them and they arrived so healthy. the kalanchoe is in bloom!

thanks so much for the variegated ivy. i lost the last little bit of what i had from last year and was going to pick some up, now i don't have to!

sue also sent me a walking iris and a root beer iris (i love root beer and i love iris ~~ the best of both worlds!!!!!). i also received two cactus/succulents and three of the neatest tile plaques - i already foun the perfect spot for them.

is the picture from the card your garden, sue? i just love it.

sue, thank you so much for my first official QUEEN box.

maryanne

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

i received a second box today from mariann, containing some wonderful plants, all of which arrived in quite healthy - both in looks and size! WOW

night blooming jasmin, which i never had or thought i wanted until i started seeing it in bloom and smelling it's fragrance.

Razzmatazz coneflower will be a welcome addition. I have a few coneflowers and thought of getting some on that coop, but changed my mind. (you must have read my mind!)

Amazing that you would include the lemon frost creeping thyme and the lemon verbena...both of these i can scratch off my "buy me" this year list.

mariann, the painted flower pot plant tag is just fantastic. i love it. i'm stealing your idea. i have all those size pots and wonder what the heck i will ever do with them all...now i know. (you should copyright your idea ~~ too late LOL)

thanks so much for a wonderful box in celebration of my birthday. i certainly appreciate everything.

maryanne

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

thanks again to sue and mariann for the wonderful boxes. everything is soaking now and i'll plant them up once the sun goes down.

ann, thanks for the head's up on the box. i'll be sure to let you know as soon as it gets here.

maryanne

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne,
    The pot label wasn't my idea. One of my friends on the GCER gave me the idea. I love them.

Happy Birthday-glad you liked your gifts.
    Mariann

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Maryanne,

No pic's not from my garden but a set of cards from a local gardening group. Cute, isn't it?
    Glad you liked what I sent, let me know if you need more of the variegated ivy.

Sue G.

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

good morning everyone.

mariann, i neglected to mention the absolutely funny card (how true) and the magazine, i've been going through it and checked off some things i wouldn't mind ordering. thanks again :-)

sue, thank you for the offer, i'll take you up on it if the time comes that i need to.

maryanne

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Queen Maryanne,Your box is going out in todays mail usps priority #01038555749018877615.I hope you enjoy what chose for you.Enjoy your Reign : ))
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Queen Maryanne,
    Your box went out today, USPS #0307 0020 0004 7458 2105.

I hope you enjoy it, and your month!

Deb

• Boomer _Lady
    16 years ago

Hmmmm......
    Sue sent the first "official Queen box"?

I guess that means one of two things. Either my box wasn't fit for a Queen or Queen Maryanne like to dip in the royal sauce a little too often.

Either answer doesn't bode well for her royal highness.

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

my other first box...that's what i meant. LOL
    you know, my first box from sue...
    my first box that i opened that day
    yeah, that's it...that's the ticket.
    (i was just seeing if you were paying attention deb!) seriously, sorry LMAO

nancy and debby, i'll let you know when my box arrives, thanks for letting me know.

maryanne (going back to the sauce)

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

Nancy, received your box today. Thank you kindly.

Nancy sent me plants - Lamiastrum Yellow Archangel/Variegated Hermans Pride

Nicoania Alata (hummingbird Lime)

Salvia Fuego

Canna Black Knight.

Thanks so much Nancy for these plants. I am going to have to google them to see what's what, since they were marked on the paper but not the plant. I think I know which one is which, but want to make sure so I plant them in their proper places.

Thanks again for the plants that I will enjoy for years to come and for your birthday wishes.

Maryanne

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

Received a box of goodies from Ann today. Big thanks for all that you stuffed into that box!

Ann sent me some excellent reading material: a few editions of Taste of Home, magazine ~ Country Woman ~ which i have never heard or read and am looking forward to it. Also the May edition of the Daily Word.

Also included in the box is an assortment of seeds; a massive bag of pink glads (just perfect...all mine rotted away); a set of bowl covers; votive cups and candles; a mint scented candle in a mug; hand sanitizer (that I immediately placed in my garden organizer); plant tags and a mini jiffy greenhouse. Ann also sent me a wonderful wind chime which is already hanging out front and a nice big bag of lindt lindor truffles (i have just learned the appreciate these - YUM!)

Ann, what a wonderful box of goodies - a little bit of everything - which I am and will continue to enjoy!

Thanks so very much for adding to my special month.
    Maryanne

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

I received yet another box today and this one was from Debby.

Included were some more reading materials -- cooking, my flip-side passion!

First up, Gifts in a Jar (what a great little book and it includes labels). Halloween Treats and Crafts; a cake decorating pamphlet and a wonderful Smith and Hawkin Gardener's Community Cookbook I just started scanning the book, but will sit later with a cup of tea and read through it.

Debby also inlcuded dahlias (which i thank you for, silly me never picked mine out of the ground last season). I will be growing these in pots so i don't forget this year. PomPom Dahlia Stloze Van Berlin; Arabian Knight and Rosella. Some oxalis bulbs and a double red begonia.

Thank you for the wonderful box Deb, I will certainly enjoy everything for quite some time to come. I am certainly looking forward to reading the cookbook...what a welcome addition to my collection!

Thank you also for your birthday card and well wishes.

It is nice being queen :-)

Maryanne

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Any new boxes Maryanne?

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

hi sue...no, i would post if there were, but i think that's it.

want to thank everyone who remembered me and added to my birthday month. today/yesterday (for some) was my actual birthday. i had a great day from start to finish.

i'm wondering if anyone has heard from alison. i sent her email, never heard back. wondering how her mother in law was fairing. i know she wasn't doing to well.

you're next, right? who follows afterwards? i can't find that email mariann sent out.

maryanne

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne, if my calculations are correct you are due 4 more boxes. The month of your reign isn't over yet.

I can't seem to get in touch with Alison. I've emailed her twice. I hope all is well with her and her family.

I'll locate the email I sent and resend it to you.

Mariann

• monipsych
    16 years ago

I'm still working on my box.......hopefully I'll finish by the end of the week. Happy Belated Birthday!
    Monica

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hope everyone received my email with the new list.

Maryanne I hope you had a wonderful birthday month. According to my calculations you are due 2 more boxes.

Mariann

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

MaryAnne,

I haven't forgotten about you. I've had a busy, stressful month. I will be mailing your package out tomorrow. I hope you had a great birthday.

Ginger

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

Thanks for letting me know, Ginger. I'll let you know when it gets here.

Thanks everyone for the great month. I appreciate it.

Sue, looking forward to your month. I'm going to start a new thread for you.

Maryanne

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne,
    I hope you had a great birthday month....

• monipsych
    16 years ago

Made it by the hair of my chinny chin chin. Sorry it took me a bit hopefully you'll see it by Friday. DC #03062400000010874210 Happy Belated Birthday, I hope you had a wonderful month!
    Monica

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

thanks for the head's up monica. i'll post as soon as it gets here.

maryanne

• monipsych
    16 years ago

Just checking to see if your package arrived? It has it delivered as of last Friday??? Let me know when you can.
    Thanks!
    Monica

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

monica, i was away for the weekend. the mailman just delivered my friday, saturday and today mail. the box is here.

thanks so much for all the goodies. a great assortment of garden items. i just love it all.

'bug' hooks, seeds, plants - purple coneflower and pink charm daylily, persian buttercup bulbs, jasmine scented party lite candles and votive candle holders (which are just lovely) and the neatest garden frame.

thanks so very much, i love it all!

maryanne

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

ginger, thank you every so much for the wonderful box. what nices surprises.

i received a gnome garden stake, which will look great in one of my beds that is full of gnomes and boots. sounds strange, but it works! lol thanks also for the hummingbird feeder. i'm desperately trying to attract these birds, so this will certainly help.

i just love the regional/church cookbook. i've already picked out a few recipes i want to try.

i hope to get the assorted asiatics and the daylily (pardon me) planted tomorrow.

i really appreciate everything you sent me. thanks so very much for the the wonderful birthday gifts!

maryanne

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Maryanne, I'm glad you liked the box. I hope the plants will grow. We are having a "moderate" drought here(that's what they are calling it). The temps have already been in the 90's that usually doesn't happen until July. I'm having a hard time keeping everything watered.

Ginger