Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boring24

NEW: All My Bloomin Friends: May Flowers Party

Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
18 years ago

Happy Spring to "All My Bloomin Friends"! It's time for a May Flowers Party! We will be exchanging anything flowering.

If you are in the Bloomin Friends group, and would like to participate, here's how this will work:

Sign up here and post a wish list of different flowering things you'd like to receive. This can be a general, vague list or very specific but, please include some generalities of the "types" of things you like as well as things you do not want. This may be a little repetitive as we all filled out questionaires but things do change and having this in one place will help because after all have signed up that want to, we will pick partners. I will start a new thread of partner picks...you will choose who you will be sending to based on who you think you can make the happiest. There are a few that wanted to exchange succulents so please post if you are wanting succulents so that another succulent lover can choose you. Make sense? Also, please include in your post whether you are a mother, grandmother, and even a special aunt or big sister so we can honor you on Mother's Day and perhaps your partner can send a trinket as a mother's day gift.

Please plan on sending a nice size box full of divisions, rooted starts, or nice-sized seedlings. Ideally, we could all fill a flat-rate priority box and send LOTS!!!

Please sign up by April 26th so that we have time to choose partners before May gets here.

Sound okay? Did I forget something?

Comments (150)

• veeja11
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Earthly, what do you mean (we) were outcasts ? me never!!
    Tina, where are you? isn't it time you joined our little group? Thanks to my blooming friends over the years, I am about to have quite an iris show, lots of new buds this year.I will post pics. remember I will be running a summer long name that daylily and get a fan, along with the other swaps.should start in about a month. I am sitting out this month, but if anyone has golden delicious sage, i will trade 3 of anything I have and love you forever.

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

HI All,
    I am home But, I am going to need a few days, My best friend lost her Mom yesterday & I am having a hard time . I will get Jenell (Lunamoon) 's box out, I need a few days, thanks for understanding

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

I have been running with my teenager to softball games and today spring concert and hoagie deleveries for band trip then on mothers day band is performing at walk for the cure event (thus my life alas she won't be a kid for long I enjoy it while I can)so I will get Sues plants out of the ground packed and shipped tomorrow morning. On Monday I got the great boxes from Sue Sguanzon wow! I lost the slips with names (I think DH threw them away) 2 new guinea impatiens, petunia , mum, yellow canna,an australian vine, a hawaiin pot flower,yellow lantana, caladium bulbs ,asiatic lily bulbs and lucky bamboo I managed to get them all in the ground. Also a garden tool belt, little watering can sign, candles and picture frames. I don't think I forgot anything .Thanks Sue I loved it all. Patty

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Carrie Ann,
    Your letter arrived yesterday!
    At first, I thought that the letter was attached (taped) to the outer portion of one of the boxes. I checked both and wondered if it was somehow detached.

I really enjoyed your letter, thanks so much for taking the time to write it! Your plants are doing so well and my candles turned out great! I really enjoyed this swap!

Thank you so much for everything!

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

May showers bring more flowers!!! With all this rain (loving it here after a dry April...) we all better have some outstanding flowers soon! And on that note, I have a confirmation # for Miss Amy, 03052200000126019515.........Hopefully there won't be dirt all over but I will tell you the first thing the postal clerk did was say "Oh! live plants!" and put the box on its side. :( aaaargh. However, I think it is packed pretty tight with paper so I do have some hope. LMK if its a disaster. /Susan/giverny4me

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I got home from work this evening and my box was waiting for me: )Susie stuffed it with all kinds of goodies!
    I got the following plants, all wish items:
    'Silver Mound' Artemsia- I used to have one so I'm happy I got one again
    Honeysuckle- it has red stems and nice foliage!
    'Springtime' Geranium
    White Salvia
    Pink Beebalm
    'Little Wine Cup' Daylily
    'Pardon Me' Daylily
    'Spider Miracle' Daylily
    Unknown spider Daylily- which is great with me, I don't think I haven't seen a spider I didn't like
    Hardy Cactus- it has cute but very very spiny pads

That's a great bunch of plants: )
    I literally had just enough soil to pot everything up, lol.

And Susie also put in the box:
    a windsock
    a welcome figurine, it looks like a rock with a couple animals on it
    seed starter trays with some seeds too
    soaps
    candies- which my husband proceed to grab saying,"Oh, no no no," like I'm a bad kid, lol.
    and a cute little wooden cabinet- my husband obviously liked it because he said he would stain it.

Thanks so much Susie! What a great box: )
    This is a Great Group to be in!
    Remy

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Carrie Ann, I sent your package out this morning Del. Conf# 0301 0120 0010 3315 7234. I cant wait for you to get it and hope it arrives safely and you enjoy it. Take care, Amy

• skohler
    17 years ago

Remy your very welcome I also had 2 other daylilies &
    Heliopsis Summer sun to send in the box & forgot to slide them in hope you will forgive me .
    but there are other trades :)) .

well the gals called to remind me of our lunch date today
    so got to go soon .

have a great day all .
    susie

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Susan,
    My huge box came today and it is WONDERFUL. I love it all!!!!
    Thank you for the cute card, watermelon gum and lollypops (that were confiscated by my boys) chapstik, orange jelly-looks so good!!, gloves that I always need and chamomile tea to relax with. Also PLANTS lots of them:
    summersweet- Sherry sue
    butterfly bush- black knight
    2- swamp milweed
    2-moonflower vines
    echinaeea- mango
    and cardinal climber vine!! I have everything planted and just love them all. Thank you so very much, Amy

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Amy, I am so glad everything arrived so soon. I have to tell you I hope you know what everything is cause I just realized the marker I used was not my good permanent sharpie pen but an imposter!!! It rained here and all my newly labeled stuff are like, nude. arrrrgh. :P

• nitelite
    17 years ago

My box arrived today... and I almost dropped it trying to get it out of the box!!!!

IT IS HEAVY!!!!!

All I can say Amy is.... THANK YOU!!!!

You sent several things on my wish list!!!!

First off, I got 2 votives, and a nice 3 in honeysuckle candle... smells wonderful!

I also received a GardenGate magazine... and 2 florida gardening books!

Florida Critters by Bill Zak
    Complete Guide to Florida Gardening by Stan DeFreitas'

but wait folks,

thats not all!!!!

Now on to the live plants, again, really really amazed!
    White Astible
    Pennisetum Ornamental Grass
    Hollyhock 'Niagra'
    Coneflower - Rocky Hill Hybrid
    Hot Buscuits Amaranthus [have really been wanting this one]

Guess what folks?

You got it right, there is still more!!!

I also received more seeds!!!!!!! lol
    Old Fashioned Bleed Heart
    Black Moudry Grass
    Purple Majesty Millet
    Black/white Scabiosa

Thanks again Amy, what a wonderful box!!!! I'm going to be swimming in pots here soon getting them all planted. [and the ones i bought today as well!!! lol]

Blessed Be,
    Carrie Ann

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Susan, All my plants were marked great and even when I took the tape off some tags they still stayed marked. Thank you again. What a great box. Take care, Amy

Carrie Ann, Im so glad everything arrived safely. I hope you enjoy everything. The florida gardening book is great for down there. Take care, Amy

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

theresa24
    Heads up !! Mailed out a thank you gift to your address this morning. Hope you like it.
    Marsha

• mellen
    17 years ago

YahhhoooooooeEEEEEE!!!!!! EarthlYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Your mucho fanTAStico box of gifts arrived today!!! Happy dance! Happy dance! Can you tell that you made my day, my friend? Where DO I start??? Food? Okay, then onto the bigger "stuff." After opening everything, I spent an hour reading the book you sent-Bach Flower Remedies for Animals-while eating half the package of deLISH pumpkin biscotti. What an unusual but fascinating book. It was so hard to put down! The gardening journal looks handy, too. Thank you also for the great packs of copper plant markers--WOW! I will use them up with all of the plants that you sent. SPEAKing of plants, I am THRILLED to pieces with everything that you sent!!! Hosta-Sum and Substance, All Jazzed Up, and the unknown from your Uncle Sam(that one is VERY special and I feel honored to have something from someone who was so special to you.)Then there are the DL's--Rocket City, Pandora's Box, Siloam June Bug, plus the unknown(when it blooms, I will try to remember to take a pic and see if I can find someone to ID it for me.) Next are the different Rose of Sharon seedlings AND the two hyacinth bulbs AND the variegated iris AND the spider or surprise lily. FINALLY, the Asiatic lily Brunella. I googled that one and it is beautiful. Maryann, thank you so so sooooo much for the WONderful gifts. You are a peach. BTW, DH wanted to know which one of the ladies you were. I told him you were my past "partner in crime." ;P He understood. You're the best!!! Mary Ellen/Mellen

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all! Glad everyone is enjoying their boxes. Yesterday I received a hostess gift from susie.....An ADORABLE elephant watering can!! and two daylilies!! Susie you went above and beyond. Thank you so much. I LOVE them! I feel kind of weird accepting these gifts...I didn't do all that much as the hostess...not like mellen did anyway.
    Okay, so far here is who has RECEIVED already:
    mellen
    amybabyboy3
    nitelite
    giverny4me
    remy
    pattygrow5
    earthlydelights
    debbya
    theresa24
    dancingmoons

Did I forget anyone?

Theresa

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

oh mary ellen, i am so thrilled that you liked everything. i was so happy to share a piece of my uncle with you. all your wonderful prayers and kind words and thoughts, not just then, but always. you are tops in my book, lady! when i saw that book, i thought of you right away since you have that mini animal farm going! if i did it right, the unknown is from my mom's. i am hoping i can ID it as well. so whichever one of us finds out first, we will have to share!

theresa, my gift to you is on the way! and i don't think you should feel bad about accepting the gifts. heck, that was a part of the rules when we all signed up to play! you may not think you are doing a lot, but you organize the swap and its your responsibility to make sure everyone plays your month according to the rules.

i am so thrilled, my daylily order came in from the auction. i highly recommend rainbowhill daylily farm and will do business with them for years and years to come. right in time too, because next month is our daylily swap! i can't wait to share the bounty this seller bestowed on me! i'll have to start thinking about my partner real soon.

the rain has not let up yet. i don't mind, rather use God's water for the garden then pull out hoses and sprinklers and all that. i so hose challenged, it's pathetic. we need it, but not this hard. i prefer that constant light sprinkle. it totally took off every bloom from all the azaleas and making mush out of other things.

my peonies are popping! the guy across the street, his are blooming. looking forward to my blooms.

well, have to get back to work. YUCK

be well everyone. stay dry!

maryanne/earthly

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

NYVoices~ Did you receive your box? It should have been there by now....

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Theresa24 --

Your hostess gift will be going out to you shortly. Got behind this week. . . . . thanks for the wonderful "May"

• skohler
    17 years ago

Patty Just wanted to let you know I Had been watching for
    you box of goodies since you said you mailed on the 10th of may & It is now the 16th I hope the mail carriers didn;t lose it :((

better yet I hope maybe you just got to busy :))

well its about that time got to go to work :))
    so you all have a great night chat later.
    susie .

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Theresa,
    Your hostess gift went out today. Thanks so much for putting together such a fun month!

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Nice to see you all receiving such great boxes, I am sorry I missed this one, I did get my golden delicious sage tho.
    I got lottsa Iris bloomin, need Id's, so help me out on the name that plant thread. I hope all my bloomin friends are well. no sickies I hope. Suzie I hope you are keeping your behind out of the hospital.
    Hugs

• skohler
    17 years ago

Yes Vee Keeping My Behind out of the hospital so far so good :))
    I have tons of blooms but just to cool for them to pop open :((( & so much rain . anyway warm weather is on the way one day soon :))
    got some checking to do have a great day to all .
    susie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi gals...I wanted to mention about the wonderful hostess gift I received from grannymarsh. I got a wonderful box of Dahlia tubers..can't wait to get them in the ground. I googled all of them and have a spot picked out...I was just down with a stomach bug yesterday and am still not 100% so I may not get to it until tomorrow. But THANKS Marsha!!! I love them!
    Theresa

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

GIVERNY4ME/SUSAN

Happy Birthday

i sure hope it is a GREAT one!!!!!!!!!

maryanne/earthly

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday to giverny4me. Hope the sun shone on your gardens all day!!
    Marsha

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

so, are we just waiting for patty to send out sue's box before we move on to picking june partners, or are there others who haven't received yet? inquiring minds want to know.

be well all...so much is blooming

maryanne/earthly

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay, according to my records, the following people have still not received:
    skohler
    sguanzon
    grannymarsh
    lunamoon
    Some of the friends that were to send to these pals posted why they might be a little late but that was quite a while ago. Please post and let us know what is going on and when you plan to send. I am also sending out individual emails to these senders. And please let me know if I have made a mistake here...I certainly am capable of it, LOL!
    Theresa

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday GiverNY4me/Susan. I hope you got everything you wanted: )
    Remy

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay...emails have been sent. I also wanted to thank Debbya for the wonderful hostess gift. She sent a new pair of garden gloves (which I was in desperate need of!), an adorable "hydrangea" magnetic notepad (I LOVE Hydrangeas!!), some seed packets, and some seeds! Thank you so much Debbie! I will use them ALL!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIVERNY4ME!!!!!!!
    Theresa

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Thank you all for the birthday greetings! Miz Debbie, your hostess gift is in the mail Monday...It is very hot here in NW Florida, Otis the terrierist and I have been out watering extensively this a.m., his 'lil pink tongue is hanging ''wwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaayyyyy out!! Time for some air con and napping I think! :)

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mellen and patty have emailed me to say they are sending tomorrow! Of course, I know everyone will send. This is a great bunch!
    Theresa

• mellen
    17 years ago

Thought I would post before I hit the hay. Marsha, I have your box all packed up and ready to mail on Monday. The DC# is

0305 1720 0001 3914 3735

School has really taken over my life this month, and I am NOT liking it one bit. 5 more days with the students, but the other teacher and I will be there many days beyond that continuing to catch up with the paperwork. Hope everyone has a blessed week. Mary Ellen/Mellen

• nitelite
    17 years ago

Theresa,

Your hostess gift is on its way to you. It went to the mail today.

Thanks for hosting such a great swap,

Blessed Be,
    Carrie Ann

• skohler
    17 years ago

HI to all
    Just a note to let you know all is well here just a small head cold & think maybe alergies :((( .

going to email nyvoice tonight to let her know
    that she can post the rules for the june daylily swap:))

have a great night & get your want list made out if your going to play :)))
    susie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay, so nyvoices99 and dancingmoons have not been in touch. Possible affected by the flooding in the northeast? They are in NY and CT. If their partners do not receive their box by the end of the month, I will send one in their place....not to worry!
    Theresa

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

Sue your box of goodies is on it's way I got it out today confirmation #0306 0320 0001 4300 1379 most are things you wanted and a few you don't know you want but will sorry for the delay it's been raining for over a week and I've been working like crazy had the weekend off had to wait till Monday for the post office to be open if you have any questions about any when you get them e-mail me. Theresa I'll get your gift out tomorrow. Patty

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Hi all,

Sorry to make you worry:( On top of everything, I have also had close to 200 Daylilies come in, in the last week, More coming this week:)

Theresa,
    I got Susie's E-mail, but I did not get yours? Your hostess gift is going out in the morning, Hope you like it:)

Jenell,
    Your box is going out as well, DC#01038555749710882016 Hope you like it:)
    :)Anita

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry Anita. I sent it through GW. Should have direct emailed probably.
    I got a hostesss gift from both sguanzon and debbya yesterday. My son was sick with stomach bug today so I've been tied up. Debbie sent another great pair of garden gloves (can never have too many the way I go through them!) and a YUMMY belgian chocolate bar. Susan sent an adorable little watering can for my garden helpers and some hyacinth bulbs! Thanks so much guys. LOVE them!
    Theresa

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Anita just got 200 daylilies she can have me for the june swap, I need lavenders and doubles a gold edge is a too die for just kidding, I am running out of room, I still have about 30 la ones coming, most of mine are tagless but if you all name that plant I have some new metal tags that will last, we finally got rain, for all of may it has been dry and in the 70's, boy did I need rain, we are on day 3 of rain finally, so go over and name that plant! hugs carol

• skohler
    17 years ago

Patty
    I Recieved the WOUNDERFUL BOX of plants thank you
    only took me 2 hrs to plant them all .
    Girl I would love to name everything you sent to let everyone know what I got but I'm haven chest pains &
    have to lay back .
    I might have to go to ER agin tonight so please
    if you do not hear from me in the morning then I may be in agin . :((
    carol I will send you my brothers email just in case .

well looking forward to the next june swap :)))
    patty I will let everyone know when I feel better.
    susie

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

Oh Susie I hope you feel better rest up here's hoping it will pass call the doctor either way we're all praying for you. I'm glad you got the box and like it.Patty

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Susie, when we started this group you promised me to stay well, so whats up?Stay well
    hugs carol

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Hi All,

Scanning back, I see my post is not on here:( I posted this the other day???
    Lunamoon (Jenell) Sent me a wonderful box, I got 2 Herbs & 1 Columbine I cant remember the names of, Not up to walking down to that bed right now:( A Poppy, Campanula Waterfall, Astilbe Amethyst & Ornamental Garlic.
    Thank you so much for everything, :)Anita

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Just letting you know I have not received a May box.

I'm not complaining, just letting you know.

:)

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sue, if you have not received by Saturday I will send you a box on Tuesday. I have some things I think you will like. Sorry that it has been a long wait for you :(
    Theresa

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Shame on you if you are a blooming friend and have not mailed. we would hate to have to drop you or send out spike.
    I got a daylily order today, so am ready to share.

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Mellon--Lovely, lovely package. So generous and thoughtful!!
    She sent me a ton of stuff. My friend Mare is visiting and she remarked "It's just like Christmas!!". Oh, yah. She's been helping me get my dahlias in the ground because I have an injured left wing.

Mellon gifted me with TWO hostas 'Chinese Sunrise' & 'Plantangea'. Heucherra 'Can Can'; Daylily 'Erin Leah';
    Wigalea 'Ruby Glow'; and a big fat bulb of lilia 'Black Beauty'. Love, love, love it all. Everything was well wrapped and packaged. Thank you very much, it was a wonderful package. Oh wait, and a hilarious (and oh-so- true) card with a nice note inside.

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

My apologizes to eveyone in the group...especially sguanzon for me not getting my box out on time. I have e-mailed Susie and Teresa to let them know whats been happening with me, and they can help me decide waht to do now...Im terribly asahmed of myself.
    Trish

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay, I believe we have worked something out. I will be sending sguanzon a box on Tuesday and that will complete this month's robin.
    I got a WONDERFUL hostess gift today from nyvoices99....an adorable garden theme print sun visor!! I love it! She also sent a sunshine spacecoast daylily as well as an adorable little sachet. Anita, you went above and beyond!
    I also got a wonderful hostess gift from nitelite...more glads! I love glads! can't wait to plant them.
    Thanks to all for the wonderful gifts and for being such wonderful Bloomin Friends!
    Theresa

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

I received a delightful box of plants today from nyvoices. She sent me lily of the valley, purple liatris, Campanula 'Cherry Bells', Delphinium 'Delfix Blue', Dornocium 'Little Leo', Myosotis 'Victoria', Dianthus 'Cheddar Pink' and 4 daylilies~ 'Vera Biaglow', 'Surprisingly Pink', 'Little Missy' and 1 unnamed. She also sent a pair of gardening gloves and a windsock.

Many thanks for such a generous package, Anita!