Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raggedyann161420

obf may plant swap

raggedyann161420
17 years ago

Our Blooming Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members.IF you would care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be a successful member of garden web and had a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be directed to veeja/carol

Welcome to the May plant swap! There will be no special list of plants to send, anything goes and just have fun. Send out a box of plants you think your partner would love to get. The last day for sign up will be May 1st, and I will post who you will be sending to on May 2nd or 3rd. Please have the boxes mailed out on or before May 25th. I hope to make this a fun swap for all, and I am open for any suggestions to make this swap successful.

Comments (113)

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nancy you are the WINNER

Which ever of the stitching that sandlapper does not pick your will be the other. Again, I will get it out to you on Saturday.

HMM, and I thought you guys would not guess my middle name for a while.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Do you know how you can tell when your parents have had too many children?

They can't think of another name, so they just switch names around.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Annie, as much as I like the first one you pictured, I like the second one (the sampler) even more! If I win, please send that one to me.
    You are so sweet to send something handmade like this as a prize. I know it took a lot of time to stitch each one.
    Thanks so much!
    Sandlapper

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Oh my goodness.I never would have believed it would be Elizabeth with your hint.I love the name Elizabeth.I have a sister by that name.
    Oh I am so happy Sandlapper picked the 2nd one.I was hoping for the first but would have been equally pleased with either.Both are gorgeous.You do very Beautiful work Annie.Thanks so much : )
    Nancy

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    Darn it! Games while I'm not around again,lol.
    Congrats Jeanne and Nancy!
    I've not sent to Deb, and Nancy has not sent to me, so that worked out nice.

Klick,
    That should be an easy screw to replace, so hubby better not be mad: ) I did manage to get the lawn mowed after work, just enough time before it started getting dark.

Laura,
    I keep my folder of notes out in the garage on my potting bench! I remembered to bring them in and I have Geranium bohemican 'Orchid Blue' and G. pyrenaicum albiflorum babies. The 'Jester's Jacket has not sprouted for me either, so maybe there was a problem with the seed. If you want to do a trade in a month or so when the babies get bigger(and I can send others too) that would be fine with me. Let me know.
    Remy

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Annie, don't worry about the pairing up. I actually have a plant that was supposed to go to mellen, but didn't fit in the box. It can go this month! Unless, of course, there's someone else in the group who has recently traded with their partner this month and would like to switch.

Remy, funny... the husband mentioned the bolt to me first thing in our conversation this morning! What a man! Jeez! :) Also, wanted to let you know that I planted a bunch of your seeds yesterday, and will be planting more today! It's always nice to see who donated seeds when planting them.

Today is my last day off before heading back to work. It's been nice having 4 days off... haven't had that in a looooong time! So sad to see it come to an end.

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm off to garden!

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It is raining right now, but it will make the weeds come up so much easier when it stops. While I am waiting to go outside. (I don't mind getting wet, I won't play in the dirt while it is thundering)The next prize up for grabs is a 16 oz Candles for Kids from the Gold Canyon Candle Collection. When I purchased these, 100% of the profits went to the Prayer Child Foundation. The fragrance of it is Rise and Shine(yummmmmy and smells so good).

Most all of you know my Son's name is Shelby Lee. Below are the list of all my family excluding myself. I named Shelby after two of them. Can anyone quess which 2?

Elmer (Dad)
    Dora (MoM)
    ~Siblings~
    Clara
    Edwin/Eddie/Ed
    Dorothy
    Dolores
    Barbarba/Bobbie
    Elizabeth
    Brenda

If you don't want the candle, when I dig iris I can give you an IOU for 3 tall bearded iris Instructor, Love the Sun, and another one of my choice.

If you don't want either You can always give to one of the other players if you wish.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

klickitat and everyone, What ever you gals want to do to make this swap fun and successful is fine by me.

My job this month is to make this fun, and I'm going to try my best to do just that.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• giverny4me
    16 years ago

Hi Kids, just checking in...sorry I missed this swap looks like fun Annie!

I'm just back from Philadelphia, my brother Mike came through his brain surgery very well, they were able to remove 3/4 of the tumor in a 8 hour surgery. He will have another surgery in 3 months they will try and go in another angle. The good news is he got back quite a bit of his eyesight right away so we were all excited about that. Our 8 siblings are taking turns staying at his house a week so I will probably go back in a couple of months. My sister and I stayed at Thomas Jefferson U. dorms next to the hospital, while there we met several moms my age with children having brain surgery, one was a 22 year old girl just graduated nursing school and the other a 18 year old boy who had seizures his whole life. These moms had been staying in these dorms (picture 1950's era plus bathrooms and showers down the hall, this particular dorm houses family members and the foreign students,) for over a month, separated from husbands and other children and the visiting hours were not extended very often for them..... God Bless them.

In any case I am glad to be back...spent two days just weeding the garden! Whew, gardening sure calms me down! Have a great swap girls!
    p.s. Annie, send me some of that rain please! Way too dry here!
    Giverny4me/Susan

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Susan,

I'm glad to hear Mike came though the surgery, and that he has some of his eyesight back. I just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family.

The Dorms sound a bit old, but it is nice to know they have a place where family can stay. I know when Shelby was going through cemo, I refused to leave the hospital, but they were very accomodating.

If at anytime you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Susan, so glad to hear that your brother's surgery went well. I hope he recovers quickly in time for his next one. He'll stay in my prayers.

Been working in the veggie garden all morning. Taking a quick break then on to the flower gardening. Or maybe I'll wait until next week to do that. Just have to wait and see. So far I've scrubbed out the master bathroom from top to bottom, did the dishes, bathed the dog, and doing all the laundry including the blankets. Whew! Tons of work!

Later all!

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

susan, i'm so thrilled to hear the good news. will continue with my prayers and thoughts for his healing.

annie - my guesses are brenda and clara

SUE G- confirmation 0304 1560 0007 4633 1656
    box left here today. what can i say, as i was planting, i was digging :-)

klick, for a while there, mellen and i was constantly partners. not that either of us minded (right maryellen?!), but it just happened that way.

be well all, have a great day
    maryanne

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne, you are half right. Clara is not one of them so quess again.

I've been cleaning in the house today too while it is raining. Amazing how fast the dust bunnines multiply.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

okie dokie (because i really want those iris) i guess edwin

klick, wow! you are really on a cleaning binge. come clean my house - i'll do all your work outside!

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne, Guess again!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

i'm slowly but surely working my way through your family.

okay - DORA

you guys are just never going to believe this one. the news comes on earlier and there's a report that the water company went to a house to either do service or turn off the water and they found two skeletal remains. one body was laying in bed and the other body was sitting in the living room in an easy chair holding a gun.

it's not like this isn't in a populated area. first, no one hears a gun shot? secondly, no one questions where these two people have been for the last however long in order to go skeletal? i live on a street of only 8 houses, but i certainly can tell you the comings and goings of all the neighbors!

maryanne (hoping she's right this time)

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Guess Again Maryanne, (LOL)

OMG, and how far is this from you? Yes, you would think someone would be looking for them at some point in time.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

elmer (can you tell i really want these iris?)

annie, about 15 - 20 minutes or so away. pathetic, isn't it?

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Susan,
    So glad to hear from you! I'm happy to hear all went very well.

Annie,
    I'm guessing Barbara and Brenda.
    Remy

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Ok, I'm guessing Dorothy........

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Dorothy and Brenda, lol

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

that's right, i do most of the work and you two come in to steal my thunder! BRATS!!!!!

sue, i'm glad you posted the pix of the iris on the other picture thread, i'll have something to look forward to next year. not seeing much of anything this year at all. dizz, how about you?

shirley, i read on one of the other threads you sent the IOU plants? no box has come yet. can you trace it? oh, and please let me know if you do the iris thing.

maryanne

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Lol Maryanne! Actually I was in such a hurry to post an answer, I didn't realize you guessed Brenda already. I figured Lee was maybe for Brenda Lee. I couldn't figure out any connection between the other names and Shelby, so I just guessed : ) Anyway, Very weird about the skeletons!! I guess you can go a long time without paying a water bill where you live.
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Annie-A game what fun...Maryanne loves irises

Maryanne-I actually sent the box today, left the confirmation number at work so can't post it. I could not tell which daylily was elizabeth victorian barnes, the tag is missing. I am still trying to replace all the tags with the metal markers but it takes along time to replace over 1,000. Maybe soon I will have them all done. I sent you a bearded iris 'Jelly Roll' and another daylily to replace that one. I will send you a list of irises. Are you only interested in bearded?

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne, you tried so hard I will send you the irises also, no worries.

Remy, what would you like the irises or the Candle?

It is raining here again today, Don't look like I will get to go in the yard, and I have to go into work tonight. It is the start of my long stretch. Soooooooo I will send the iris next week sometime. I hope this is ok with you guys.

Shirley, a 1000 irises.... OMG I would be in heaven. May I be included if you do the iris thing?

Here is the Middle names of all my family:
    Elmer John
    Dora Ella
    Clara Lena
    Edwin Joseph
    Dorthy Marie
    Dolores Mary
    Barbara Lee
    Elizabeth Ann
    Brenda Lee
    Annie Elizabeth

I have to think of another game. Those of you that have won,would you like to help me think of some games to play? If so, e-mail me.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hey! I won! Please send the iris to Maryanne : )
    Speaking of names, guess what I just found out? There is a new cartoon movie coming out named Ratatouille. One of the main characters is named Remy. But Remy is a rat! lol.
    I'll be gone all weekend to the women's retreat.
    Talk to you all when I get back,
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Ratatouille Movie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Remy, I'm going to send the iris to Maryanne anyway. So which would you like the candle or the iris. :O) :O)

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Ohhh, congrat's Maryanne! You too Remy! Lol, looking back at posts, you really do deserve those Iris! lol Everybody getting rain today? I am but sure welcome it, we're in a 5" deficit so we need it really bad. Whats nice is its a good soaking rain.

Susan, so happy about Mike, God is good:)) Glad you got you some weeding in, it does clear your mind doesn't it. Kills the body, but clears the mind, lol.

Anita, I must get to work and find something you DON'T have. You make it hard on a girl:))

Sue, I've searched everywhere and since the move, can't find my IOU's from you, so we'll have to start over I guess, we'll get it together in email. This is from the Valentine Swap between us and I don't even remember how many, maybe you do?

Have a good day girls, guess its a little late but thought this was pretty, hopefully some of you got April showers.

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

OOooohh I'm so excited I've got a box coming!

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've been working on another game, but this time I'll try to make it difficult (I do wonder if this is even possible;you guys are fast and smart) I will post it later tonight or tomorrow.
    I've really enjoyed hosting this month's swap.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here is Game #3.

1. I am a giant herb, but I grow in a tree, what am I.?

2. I have the highest calorie content of any fruit, what am I?

3. IÂm vegetable, but I am a member of the thistle family. What am I?

4. In the 1600Âs how much did a collector paid for a Viceroy Tulip?

5. How old does an Oak tree have to be before they produce acorns?

6. I have the smallest seeds and it takes more than 1.25 million to weigh 1 gram. What kind of plant will I grow to be?

7. What is the tallest and largest living organism in the world?

8. I arrived in Europe from China, Japan, Korea and Eastern Siberia during the 16th century. By the 17th century I crossed the Atlantic to North America.
    What plant am I?

9. I was the first hosta to be introduced to western Botany.
    What is my name?

1. IÂm considered undesirable, unattractive, or troublesome, when I grow where I am not wanted. What am I?

2. In earlier times I was planted by the outhouse. What am I and why was I planted there?

This is for a Gold Canyon Candle "Birthday Cake" and Yes, it smells like birthday Cake.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

My guesses
    1. mistletoe
    2. avocado
    3. artichoke
    4. didn't exist in 16,00's
    5. 7 yrs old
    6. fern
    7. giand redwood
    8.. rose
    9.carlinneus

1. weed
    2. mint to cover smell
      do I win? Shirley I am having a hard time figuring out what plants you don't have do you have any of these ? huchera ebony and ivory, ursla red fern, abby hosta? plmk thankyou hugs moving carol
  • sassyd
    16 years ago

Well look whos back with us!!! Carol did ya get all moved, getto pots and all?

Good to hear from you again. Good luck, not sure I have the energy to guess all those....

Great questions Annie!

• veeja11
    16 years ago

still moving
    4, 2500 florins
    5. 20 yrs
    9. lancifolia

1. gooseberry, for available compost do I need to change others? thankyou hugs carol
  • raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

carol, 1, 4 and 11 are incorrect. so try again.

Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

8 is incorrect also

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Carol,

6 is incorrect also. Sorry Hon.

Getting ready for work
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    16 years ago

lol, Ok Carol....I'll talk to ya later. I don't want to interrupt your questionare! Bout to pee me pants! Good luck!!!!!!

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Susie and Carol, you are both winners.(i'm easy) I'm heading into a 74 hour stretch@ work. Now you two have the choice between the Candles "Birthday Cake" and "Pillow Talk" they both smell so nice. Let me know who wants what.
    HERE ARE THE ANSWERS
    1. I am a giant herb, but I grow in a tree, what am I.? Pinapple

2. I have the highest calorie content of any fruit, what am I?Avocados

3. IÂm vegetable, but I am a member of the thistle family. What am I? Eggplant/artichoke

4. In the 1600Âs how much did a collector paid for a Viceroy Tulip? 1,000 lbs of cheese, 4 oxen, 8 pigs, 12 sheep, a bed, and a suit of clothes.

5. How old does an Oak tree have to be before they produce acorns? 20-50 years

6. I have the smallest seeds and it takes more than 1.25 million to weigh 1 gram. What kind of plant will I grow to be? Orchid

7. What is the tallest and largest living organism in the world? California redwood, Coast redwood, or giant sequoia

8. I arrived in Europe from China, Japan, Korea and Eastern Siberia during the 16th century. By the 17th century I crossed the Atlantic to North America.
    What plant am I? daylily

What is my name? lancifolia

1. IÂm considered undesirable, unattractive, or troublesome, when I grow where I am not wanted. What am I? Weed

2. In earlier times I was planted by the outhouse. What am I and why was I planted there? Hollyhocks, because the ladies didn't like to ask where the outhouse was, so she would ask where the hollyhocks were. But I imagine they did put most any type of flowers out there... LOL

Ok, girls let me know which candle you each would like...(no fighting now..grinning here)

They are both nice candles. I will resume playing games when I get off my long stretch. I start tonight and get off Friday morning. Then we will let the games begin again. I will try and get the candles out to you guys no later than Wed.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I will try to pop in each day before going to bed.

RUNNING OUT THE DOOR,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• llbean
    16 years ago

I am laughing so hard at Maryanne.. I was about ready to buy the Iris.. Maryanne did you get my email regarding your trade list? Is it up to date? I have an idea and I want to make sure.. One plant I bought today the others I think I need to find..

Susan (giverny) I am also laughing because today I received a package to you that I sent in Feb. It was full of lotion and it leaked all out (smashed) and they sent it back to me... Because the stamp fell off and I have postage due.. Ha I will send you some lotion!!!

Skohler~
    I never did see a post stating that you got your brac.? I also sent you an email regarding your certificate? Did you get that?
    I am not going to the Mi. Plant swap, but I saw that I have some things on your list so as soon as I get some time I can send some your way.

Ok well I had better get to bed. I bought some new plants today and I bedded them in.. I am whipped.. but I 'll share what I bought before bed..
    Spruce Rainbow's End
    Juniper Gold coast
    Rex begonias
    Chicago fire
    Winter sun Lalom
    Maui Mist

Calla Lily Edge of night
    Euynomous (sp) Blondy

Maryannes Something
    Geraniums
    Elizabeth Ann
    Black Beauty
    Hocus Pocus
    Pink Spice
    Alice
    Purple Pillow
    Espresso (new fav)
    Choclate Chip
    Margaret Wilson
    and Springtime

Ok so when I get obsessed I am obsessed.. I did this with Hosta, then Heuchera, then Clematis and clematis was the only one that stuck so far..
    But I should be able to get you some cool seeds Remy :)
    Seeing you shared those awesome ones with me.. I just stink at the whole propagating from seed thing..
    Well I will post some pics as I get them in.. It's probably easier to start a thread with our sites if you have them...
    aHh some Motrin a heat pad and some sleep..
    Laura

• skohler
    16 years ago

laura : Yes I sent you a thank you by email for the braclet as soon as it arrived .I'm sorry if you did not get it I should have posted . sorry
    I have your list of plants that I owe you for the feb swap
    & on monday they will go out to you .

earthly,debbya,sandlapper yours went out yesterday .

sassyd,cadarnest,shirley, llbean ,micke will be going out this next week.

happy gardening to all
    susie

I JUST HAD TO TAKE A GUESS AT THIS :))))

1. I am a giant herb, but I grow in a tree, what am I.? A giant knotweed (Reynoutria

2. I have the highest calorie content of any fruit, what am I? (Strawberries )

3. IÂm vegetable, but I am a member of the thistle family. What am I? ( cardoon/artichoke)

4. In the 1600Âs how much did a collector paid for a Viceroy Tulip? (TILIPOMANIA $35,000.

5. How old does an Oak tree have to be before they produce acorns?
    (Acorn Production -- Oak trees can start producing acorns when they are 20 years old, but sometimes can go all the way to 50 years for the first production. By the time the tree is 70 to 80 years old it will produce thousands of acorns.

6. I have the smallest seeds and it takes more than 1.25 million to weigh 1 gram. What kind of plant will I grow to be? (ORCHIDS)

7. What is the tallest and largest living organism in the world? ( CALIFORNIA REDWOOD )

What plant am I? (DAYLILY)

What is my name? (Lancifolia')

1. IÂm considered undesirable, unattractive, or troublesome, when I grow where I am not wanted. What am I?
      ( WEEDS)

2. In earlier times I was planted by the outhouse. What am I and why was I planted there? (DUTCHMANPIPE )

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Annie, 5-6-07

• veeja11
    16 years ago

don't know if I wanna win with so many errors but since sassy is laughing at me, I will take the candle susie does not want or wait fpr another contest. shirley where are ya ?
    Laura did you get my request for an obf brac ? now my darn washer died so I will have to replace it for the new owners, darn why couldn't it wait until I was gone. oh well they would have thought I knew so it is better I do and can fix it Happy Birthday Annie

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Wishing you the very best Annie!!!!

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday to Annie and nyvoices99/Anita! Hope you both had wonderful bloomin'birthdays!!
    Nancy

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Annie! Hope it's a good one.

Sassy & Remy, I hope to have your boxes put together by the end of the week or end of next weeked to go out on Monday. I just can not get to it until at least the middle of the week.

Have a great week all!

Theresa

• journey149
    16 years ago

am i too late, please let me know

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

journey, good morning...thanks for your interest in our group.

this month is currently closed; however, we are an ongoing group. if you would like to be a part of it, please be aware that in order to be a part of this group, you have to commit to anywhere between 1/2 and 3/4 of the swaps that go on yearly. we've been together since april 2006. each month the swap and hostess changes, based on what the hostess has selected as her theme for the month. themes have already been selected for the year; although there are instances where the hostess and/or theme could change barring unfortunate circumstances.

packages are sent within the time frame set by the host. requirements are that you are a fair, honest and reliable trader; should be a member of GW between 3 to 6 months and have had a trade or two with a few members of this group.

if you scroll above, you can see the group membership names. this is not a one month group, it's committed.
    we also "reward" the hostess of the particular month's swap with a small token of appreciation for putting it together and keeping track and all the inbetween. this could be a plant, seeds, or whatever you wish.

you must also post when you send, which should always be done with confirmation number, and most definitely post when you receive your box.

if this still sounds like something you would be interested in, please email carol (veeja3@wmconnect.com).

maryanne

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne, Thanks for jumping in and helping me with answering questions. I am also sending you an e-mail.

Journey, We would love to have you. Please notify Carol if you still wish to join us.

I forgot to add. If something comes up, and if anyone can't send to your partner please let me know. I will send a box out for you.

Heading to bed, 3 more nights to go,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie