Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

update: april obf fun month (2)

brittneysgran
16 years ago

Wow We filled up the first one so guess here's the second one. More games and fun to follow I'm sure.

Shirley

Comments (56)

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Amy got #4 right so #1 chris #2 girl ----- #3girl ----- #4 tony #5 Tanya. so were close keep trying. Bunny Tiyli is right hence try it you'll like it. Boy starts with p has one I one j one a. Chub chub went to a home with one 10 yr old girl and her mom. haven't heard a word. Patches went to a home with a 3 yr old, they sold her I got a call from the new owner who sounds great. keep guessing you all are getting close. hugs carol

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Chris, Trina, Christie, Tony, Tanya
    Tiyli & Paji

• veeja11
    16 years ago

congratulations lil sis you got the dogs right Tiyli and paji. 2 and three are still wrong on rhe kids2t---- #3C----
    your prize for doggies will go out fri am as will all prizes. if your gonna win the kids one also please do it before friday so I can put it all in one box. when this one is guessed someone else gets a turn, this has been one fun month. Amyinmo will be joining us if I can get a volunteer to be her big sis. I know one of you wants a lil sis to pick on so step up and adopt her hugs carol

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Yay! I won! :O)

Still wrong on the kids, though? *pout*
    Hmmm. Chris, Teddy, Catherine, Tony & Tanya?

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

I'll guess on kiddos:
    (1)Chris
    (2)Terry
    (3)Carrie
    (4)Tony
    (5)Tanya
    Later...April/dirt

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK Carol we are going to guess these kids sooner or later.
    1-Chris
    2-Teresa
    3-Connie
    4-Tony
    5-Tanya

Shirley

• AmyinMO
    16 years ago

I got Tony right, woohoo!

Let's see... hard to think of names that haven't been guessed yet, lol.

I'll say:
    Chris
    Tammy
    Cindy
    Tony
    Tanya

Did I get any more right?
    --Amy in MO

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

My guess?
    Chris
    Tina
    Catherine
    Tony
    Tanya

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Amyinmo all right but #3 1chris,2 Tammy, 3 girl----- 4Tony
    5 Tanya. ok someone get them all including # 3 and we have a winner will someone please adopt amyinmo, she needs a big sis. she is cute and cuddly someone must want her ok who is next to have a game, I think we have time for at least one more before shirleys swap. hugs carol

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Carol,

Amy and I are already in the middle of a trade. I posted on the last thread.

Amy sent off her end yesterday and I, having been overwhelmed because of being laid up from surgery last week, am a little behind. BUT, I will definitely have time to pack up tomorrow and hopefully send tomorrow. Friday at the latest.

Theresa

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

We're still wrong but right on #3? But someone got it right?
    How about Catherine ?

• AmyinMO
    16 years ago

Woohoo! I got another one! Now it would be nice if I could just get that third child's name right! lol

I'll guess: Chris, Tammy, *Claire*, Tony, Tanya

If we don't get it right this round, maybe we should each start guessing more than one name at a time, lol!

hazelnutbunny,
    I was confused at first, too, because I thought she said, "someone GOT them all including #3," but what she really said was, "someone GET them all" ... as in, "hurry up and guess it!" LOL

So my previous guess had all of them *except* #3 correct. HTH!

--Amy

P.S. Theresa, no rush. I know how it is recovering from surgery--not just the physical, but all the catch-up stuff, too, so take your time! I'm excited to see what I'm going to get, but I don't want you to push yourself too hard trying to get everything done, either! ;-)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Chris
    Tammy
    Cheryl
    Tony
    Tanya

Theresa-Sure hope you are taking care of yourself..

Shirley

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

OH! Okay, Thanks Amy!! :O)

How bout...Chrissy? Carissa? Caitlyn? Callie? Candice? Carolyn? Cathlene? Carlene? Cherry? Charlotte? Cissy? Cora?
    Corinna? Cybil? Cynthia?

Did I get it yet?? LOL!

• AmyinMO
    16 years ago

LOL! No fair! Well, okay, that was fair... but you took all of my next guesses! LOL

Hmmm... how about:

Chloe? Courtney? Candy? Candice? Charlene? Carla? Carmen? Cammy? Casey? Clara? Coleen?

Okay, too many Cs, my brain is fried now. Off to plant Chamomile... er, Crysanthemums... Coleus... or something... ;-)

--Amy in MO

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You girls are a riot...Gosh someone must have surely gotten it right by now.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

did anyone say CORRINE?

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I said Corrina....if it's Corrine, am I allowed to take off the a and replace it with e??

Pretty Please???
    With sugar on top??

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Surely someone has guessed it by now.

Thanks for the get well wishes, ladies. The surgery I had was vein stripping. Let me tell you it is called "stripping" for a reason. I thought they would just pull it out like spaghetti. No, they have to RIP it out! I'm doing much better though.

I have Amy's package ready to go for tomorrow. I received hers today. Three nice bunches of the Ornithogalum we agreed on. Amy will make a nice addition to our group.

Theresa

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Theresa is that real bad (the vein stripping)? Many years ago my Mom had it done but they told her she had to wear support stockings all the time. Gosh those look hot in the summer time.

Shirley

• veeja11
    16 years ago

no one has it, someone got the proper name but not the 5 letter name, it is a common name. someone has to get all 5. could someone e-mail me with what the prizes are for these last two games, I didn't write it down and for some reason I can't get the previous bf thread to load. I will be packing boxes tomorrow, no big sis for Amy yet. come on ladies she needs a sis. Theresa do you have a lil sis ?Theresa it sounds painful, glad it is over with. hugs to all my bloomin friends

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Corie? Carie? Casey? Camie? Carla? Carol? Catie? Caley? Carly?

Am I close?? :O)

• wynative
    16 years ago

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy! April thank you so much for my new Daylily & the Black Knight Morning Glory seeds! The Daylily is Peacock Maiden - Purple :) with a lime green throught - BEAUTIFUL!

THanks again April!
    Marie

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marie-I need to send you daylily Pat Garrity. Need address.

Carol-I need to send you bearded iris Betty Dunn. Need address.

Melissa_I need to send you bearded iris Lady Fire. Nedd address.

Will send e-mail shortly for your address. Melissa I sent you an e-mail but never got a response back from you.

Hope this was all the ones I owed. Everyone else posted they got theirs.

Caitlin
    Calista
    Cailyn
    Callie
    Camille
    Cameron
    Camilla
    Candace
    Cara
    Carissa
    Carlin

Short for Caroline
    Carla
    Carlotta
    Form of Charlotte
    Carly

Form of Carol
    Carmel
    Carmen
    Carrie, Caroline

Cassandra
    Cassidy
    Cayla
    Celia
    Celeste
    Cherise
    Catherine
    Celeste
    Chanel
    Charlize
    Chantal
    Charity
    Charlene
    Chelsea
    Cheryl
    Cherish
    Cheyenne
    Chloe
    Christian
    Christina
    Christine

Christian
    Ciara
    Cierra
    Clarissa
    Claire
    Claudia
    Colleen
    Corrine
    Coral

Cora

Courtney
    Crystal
    Cynthia

it has to be in this list

Shirley

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Marie~glad you liked it!
    Earthly~ I need your address so I can get the daylily you won to you.
    Hope everyone has a great afternoon!
    Later...April/dirt

• AmyinMO
    16 years ago

Theresa, so glad you got the Ornithogalums okay! Hope they do well for you. And thank you for the compliment! :-) Yikes, that surgery sounds really painful. Glad you're doing well, though. Hope you're fully recovered soon!

Carol, for that daughter with the tricky name (lol): Maybe you have another Chris? Or how about Caren, Calli, Cydni, Corin, Colin, Carra, Cooky, Chari, Corky, Cordy, Cissy, or Colby? Does spelling count, or just pronunciation? lol

I'll have to go back and check the other thread to see what you offered as a prize! Whether I win or not, this has been so much FUN! Y'all are a blast! lol

--Amy in MO

• wynative
    16 years ago

Carol,

How about....

CYNDA?????

A girl I went to school with has that name.

Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Oh Big Sis?! Where are you? Some one must have gotten it by now....surely?? :O) I think we've guessed everything in the book. LOL

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi all!
    I've been busy with work and gardening! It has been so so nice here. How you all been? Guessing away I see. did anyone state the obvious? Cathy? Lol! So it would be:
    Chris
    Tina
    Cathy
    Tony
    Tanya

Theresa,
    Yuk! About your surgery. I'm glad you are recovering ok.

We've been having computer problems so if you don't see me for a bit, that's probably why. I hope Gary fixes it quickly. I can't get Yahoo or my photobucket album to load. I just put a bunch of flower pics on the computer and now I think I'm going to lose them all : (
    On a bright note I'm going to the big bulb sale at the botanic gardens tomorrow. They let all the forced bulbs(hyacinths, daffs, etc.) from the spring show die down and have the sale. They give you bags which cost $5 and you can keep all the bulbs you can fit in it!
    Remy

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Finally Remy you got it #3 is cathy please send me your addy
    congrats ok it is someone elses turn, it has been fun. my addy is carol bea 242 169th st e spanaway wa 98387 hugs, 70 here tomorrow I be playin in the garden
    carol

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ummm....I said Cathy up in the 3rd post from the top.
    Does that count? LOL!

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes Melissa you sure did...Carol you really had us going on that one. LOL

Remy-Glad to see your post...sorry about the computer problems. Have fun at the bulb sale and stuff lots of bulbs in that bag.

Marie-Got your address...thanks

Melissa-I e-mailed you about your address.

Shirley

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Congrats to all the winners!

Thanks for the well-wished. I am doing muh better and hope to get outside to the garden today.

Carol, No, I don't have a little Sis and would be happy to be Amy's. What is it that I have to do again?

Amy, I got your package off yesterday. I left one of the plant names off but I will email it to you.

Theresa

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Congrats to Remy! For winning!

Carol sure puts on a great contest...had us going for weeks, it seems like!! LOL :O) Thanks for hosting the game, Big Sis!! *hugs*

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Actually Remy has one wrong, so Bunny you can still get it by posting all 5 correct. she has #2 wrong, I was so excited to see cathy, I missed that so remy or bunny post all 5 and you got it.Theresa you are officially amys big sis. mainly you make sure she sends her ends of trades. ans all her questions send her the rules and ask her to agree to them then announce her as a new member. fix her up with your cast off boyfriends, pick on her, everything a real big sis would do. didn't get to p.o so all prizes will go out monday. happy gardening
    carol

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Um...Ok.

Chris
    Tammy
    Cathy
    Tony
    Tanya

• veeja11
    16 years ago

ok Bunny you win again, fastest to post them all. next time we do this we will try for my 11 grandchildren
    ashley #1, Ashley #2, Clarissa,Jose, Ricky. christian, Sammy,Nate. Daniel, Jennifer. Kim, Brandon. whoops 12, 1 great grandaughter Devera Evina. my line goes on and on. Bunny you won big, hope dh helps lil preggers plant. happy baby bakin.
    hugs carol

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

LOL, That's what I get for cutting and pasting the list! I thought I copied the correct names minus Cathy, but that's ok. Congrats Melissa! : )

Gary fixed the computer and I didn't lose my photos, yea!
    I've been gardening like mad here. It has been so nice. It is suppose to get cold again though. It is still April though.
    Hey, that reminds me, who's doing May? I've not seen a post.
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• AmyinMO
    16 years ago

LOL, Carol! Theresa, no cast-off boyfriends, please. I don't think my husband would like that very much!!! LOL

Okay, and while I'm on the subject, I just have to brag a bit about my great guy! I spent a couple of hours today helping him finish the chicken coop (yay!). Then he turned the soil in my strawberry bed for me *by hand* (because he couldn't get the tiller running) so that I could get my strawberries planted before they outgrew their pots. While I was planting the strawberries, he planted my new lilac bush, and then he mowed the lawn. Oh, and yesterday, he finished the work on the rock slope in our backyard, started building the coop, and tried to get the tiller running. All the while, he was also supervising the kids as they did their yard chores!

Rock Slope Before:

And After (still not completely finished, but nearly!):

What I really love about it is: this is not an unusual weekend for him... and I didn't even ask him to do any of it! He knew I was looking forward to planting things, so he hurried the process along for me--a lot. He's very thoughtful. I am just so blessed to have him! :-D

--Amy in MO

• wynative
    16 years ago

Amy - that is so cool that you hubby helps and without being ask! Looks great but we want to see pictures of all the new plants in place :)

Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Shirley~ I've emailed you several times, and keep getting the same email from you asking the same question. LOL
    Are my emails going to your junk folder, perhaps? If you haven't gotten anything from me, maybe your email is rejecting my messages. Happens sometimes.
    Maybe one of the other girls can send you my address since you're not getting my emails?

Also, please check in with the Petal Pusher swap. We haven't heard from you over there in quite some time, and the send date was Friday.

Thanks!!
    Melissa

• AmyinMO
    15 years ago

Bunny - congrats on your win! You're tough competition. ;-)

Marie,
    lol, it'll be a while yet for pics of plants, since I'm growing nearly everything from seed. I'm going to try and get a bunch more planted this week, but the veggie garden comes first. My daughter's Cosmos ('Summer Dreams') are just starting to come up though; can't wait to see them bloom! At least, I hope they bloom... they don't get as much afternoon sun as I thought they would on the west side of the house. But at least they've sprouted--it's a start! lol
    --Amy in MO

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Melissa-I sent you an e-mail through my work e-mail so hoping I can get your response back through it. If I don't I will let you know. If Marie has your address maybe she can send it to me. I did get an e-mail from her with her address. Also posted on Petal Pushers about Anita's box.

I have the May swap so will be posting about it ASAP.

Shirley

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Sandlapper, I went thru all my paper work and word docs, I can't find your addy, send it to me please to veeja3@wmconnect.com. so I can get your prize to you. can't wait for Shirleys swap, sure it will be a blast. happy spring
    carol

• llbean
    15 years ago

Morning... This morning I was foolin around with my camera, I took some pics. that I thought would be neat to share.. I thought I would take some pics of my tulips before the big frost tomorrow..

Remy and April. I am working on your prizes, I hope to have them out tomorrow..

Laura

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Laura-How beautiful, I love the last pink tulip....just gorgeous.

I posted our May theme swap but put March instead of May in the title. Duh

Will take sign-ups until May 4th.

Shirley

• AmyinMO
    15 years ago

Theresa,
    I got your plants yesterday in great shape! They're lovely! I planted them yesterday evening, and then I covered them in case of frost (it was supposed to be 35 degrees last night, but I was afraid it might get just a bit colder). I can't wait to see the daylilies bloom, and the creeping phlox and ajuga are just perfect for that rocky slope! Thank you so much!
    --Amy in MO

P.S. Also, I left a review for you on a new post, since I couldn't find your GW name already listed when I ran a search of that board. Hope I didn't duplicate a post! :-)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

April*****************

Hope you had lots of********************

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, April.
    I hope it was a great day!

Jeanne

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Happy birthday april Bunny your box is in the mail 03080730000067900179. I found one daylily laying on the counter after I mailed the box so will try to get it out tomorrow along with Maryanne and Jeanne's box hope you ll are enjoying your spring flowers. hugs carol