Houzz Logo Print
rollinrockell

seed train

rollinrockell
12 years ago

hello everyone, I've started a

round robin or seed train in the seed

exchange forum but have decided to move

it over here to get more people involved.

if any one would like to join please email me

you address, name and phone number so i can put

u on the list. mostly trying to do a

California seed train, but even if you don't live

here please don't let that stop you from

joining, everyone is welcome.

here is the list of rules and the seeds I'm going to be putting in the box

1. All seed train members will need to supply me with name

and address, which will be on the list enclosed in the seed box.

In addition, I will need an e-mail address where you can be easily

reached, and your phone number. These will be kept confidential,

used only by me and only if you cannot be reached by PM when it is

your turn to get the box.

2. seeds only please, no bulbs as this makes the weight go up

3.each person is responsible for paying to ship the seeds to the next person.

4. Please package seeds in paper envelopes or Ziploc baggies, again, to save on weight and postage.

5. All seeds are welcome, from commercial packages to home saved.

6. please post when you receive the box so we know you received it.

this way I can contact the next person.

7. like wise please post when u ship the box.

8. if i can't contact the next person in line via forum, email or phone. they will be skipped.

9.Please try to send the box on as quickly as possible,

within a week at most, so that the train can make at least a couple circuits.

1. Take as much as you would like from the box and replace with a like amount of seed.

2. Please post to this thread and let other riders know if there is something special you have to

offer, and/or if you have requests�it makes it more fun when you know there is a little

extra something special coming your way.

heirloom tomatoes:Cherokee purple, Amish paste, Kellogg(orange),mortgage lifter(yellow),homestead,San marzano

squash: buttercup, spaghetti, pumpkin, zucchini

other random seeds:corn,celery,sunflowers,cabbage,green beans

Comments (38)

• Astroknot
    12 years ago

Checking in.

Here's what I have: Cherry Belle radish, Dwarf Blue Curled kale, Jimmy Nardello's Sweet Italian Frying pepper, Japanese long purple eggplant, Italian large leaf basil, Sweet Puertorican pepper, heirloom marjoram, heirloom cilantro, red and yellow bell pepper, Italian parsley, Carnival Blend carrots, Super sugar snap peas, Burgundy amaranth.

Also, a tiny bit of Romanesque broccoli for those of you who like the weird and unusual. Can't wait to grow these myself!

I'll throw in some California poppies mix too, because why not celebrate our state flower?

• realbusy
    12 years ago

Hi guys,
    I read this all originally in seed exchange as SEED TRAIN but now we know it is really Round Robin. I'd like to be included if I could but I'm from "Joisey"..so what do you think? If you'll have me, I got some doozys to throw in there and have never, ever participated in a Round Robin before but it sounds like fun. Like opening gifts at Christmas time!! Dear administrator, Rollinrockell, Please do e-mail me if you guys think you might want to include East Coast zone 7..Thanks GINA

Trade with confidence, 100% positive feedback on GW and on E-Bay (Sanssouci01 on E-Bay) Thanks.

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The robin or train is leaving tomorrow.I sent everyone an email in which direction its going. have a great day everyone. thanks

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Seed train just arrived in San Francisco!

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

that was fast lol, I'll try and get ahold of cinnie0 for the next leg of the trip. thanks

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Alrighty, seed train has departed the San Francisco station. With how quick the post office has been lately, I'm guessing it'll arrive in Joshua Tree on Wednesday or Thursday.

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    11 years ago

seed train has arrived in Joshua Tree. Will be on its way out to the next in line tomorrow.

11 years ago

The train departed from Joshua Tree yesterday.

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Hey all, just checking in to the Train and wondering if it made it to its next destination safely.

11 years ago

You entered: 03113260000231053152

Your Item's Status Your item was delivered at 1:48 pm on May 07, 2012 in EDISON, NJ 08820.
    See Details

• lysa39
    11 years ago

can i still join?

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hey folks sorry for not posting earlier, been a crazy week. so the package is on its way back to me after it skipped the third person gardengrandma and made its way to gina in nj. gardengrandma has now emailed me and said she was waiting for the package even though I couldn't get a hold of her. so im going to ship it back to gardengrandma only if cinnie0 and astroknot would like a second round as gina has opted out. and now lysa39 has opted in. please provide feed back thanks. lysa39 please send me you address, and phone number, thanks.

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

I'd love a second round!

11 years ago

sure a 2nd round sounds good..

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

seed train is gonna go back out tomorrow , will post a list again of who is sending to whom. lysa39 last chance to join. I'm gonna barrow the person's idea to use tea bags wrappers for seed packets, good idea as I can't find those little plastic bags anywhere around here. thanks

• txgardeningmama
    11 years ago

is it to late to join?

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

txgardeningmama , its not too late to join but i do belive this is going be the last round till next winter as we started kinda late and most people already got their garden started. I'll email u for your address. thanks

• grdngramma
    11 years ago

Received the seed train and have mailed it on to cinnieO, thanks much everybody, got some cool stuff.

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Rollinrockell, I was wondering if you could email out a list of who is in this round of the Seed Train, and in what order. Last time I was first on the list, and I was just wondering what route the trade will be taking this time.

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

no problem, emails sent. the seed train will be going to south Dakota,then California, then Texas and finally back to California.

• txgardeningmama
    11 years ago

LOL waiting on the train *bump*

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

yeah been a while, Ill try and get a hold of cinnei0 to find out where it is. but the post office is always slow, at least around here anyways

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

guess 6 days hasn't been that long since its coming from south Dakota.

• txgardeningmama
    11 years ago

LOL I can wait, gathering more goodies to put in it

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

looks like cinnie0 has the box and was gonna ship it out yesterday or the day before, so you should be getting it soon astroknot.

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Thanks for the update!

11 years ago

Sorry all i have been sick. package was shipped out today.

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Seed train just arrived, safe and sound. :) Thanks cinnie0, and I hope you feel better.

I will be sending it along to txgardeningmama very soon.

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

rain rain go away,some times i think my garden is never going to grow lol. I hope everyone got some seeds that they wanted this year and that everything is going ok with your gardens. after txgardeningmama sends the seeds back to me i pro wont be posting for a few months as everyone knows summer is a crazy time of year between work, gardens, kids, ect. if you have any questions feel free to email me. hope you all have a great summer. talk to you in oct or november. thanks, rachel

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Thanks for organizing all of this, rollinrockell. It was fun!

BTW I forgot to post this when I mailed it, but I sent the seed train out on June 8th, and here's the delivery confirmation #:

According to USPS, it checked in at 8 am today, saying it was on its way to be delivered. So txgardeningmama, you should be receiving the package very shortly.

~ Melody

• txgardeningmama
    11 years ago

woohoo got it today!! will try send it on its way tomorrow lots of great seeds to choose from doing a happy dance lol

• txgardeningmama
    11 years ago

ok the train has left the station lol headed back to california!! it was fun enjoyed it much cant wait to do another one here is the tracking number 9400111201080927204995

• girlwithagreenthumb
    11 years ago

I wanna join.

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yeay I got the package , thanks everyone for participating. it was fun to open each box and see what was inside, kinda like a present. Sorry girlwithagreenthumb but i'm not gonna be shipping the seeds again until October or November when things aren't so hectic. you are welcome to join then, ill put your name on the list. thank you and good luck.

p.s
    I would like to know if anyone got the purple tomatillo to grow as mine hasn't gotten very big.

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

i wanta be included in the oct/nov seed train also :)...just hope i remember to keep check on this thread lol

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

will do,ill check back every once in a while

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hey folks just checking in to see how everything is going. hoping to restart the train in Oct, that way its before the holidays and we can do it after the holidays, going to baker creek heirloom seeds in santa rosa next month if anyone wants any thing in particualr just give a shout out, thanks. cant wait

• rootlady65
    10 years ago

If it is not too late, I would like to get on this train. I know it is late but I only discovered you this evening.

email me at hotpotz@verizon.net for rest of information that you will need if I am so lucky to board this train. I am from the East Coast, Mid-Atlantic region.