Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frances_coffill

Tropical-SubTropical 'Surplus' Swap

Frances Coffill
15 years ago

Perennials, bulbs, rhizomes, corms, cuttings and tropicals are all welcome here because....

We've all done it....

Planted too much of our favourite plant?

Sowed way too many seeds?

Bought more bulbs than we needed (and had them multiply!!!!)

Had a small plant take over the garden?

Whatever your garden surplus this is a chance for you to reduce it (or exchange it for a new one) ha ha ha ;)

Plants, bulbs/rhizomes/corms, cuttings, and well established seedlings are welcome in this swap. Perennials, Tropicals, you name it, if you have too much of something maybe we can find a new home for it!

Here is how it works:

1: Sign up between now and April 30th.

2: Tell us about your 'surplus' What is it? Tall, short, tropical, drought tolerant, shade lover, flower or folliage, cottage garden staple. Don't forget to tell us its Zone Hardiness. and anything else you can This swap is about "Surplus", it is not the place for trading your prized plant, It is also not the place for getting rid of the weeds in your lawn!!! Whatever you offer should be something you would like to recieve! No spindly seedlings or mushy bulbs please.... be nice, be generous, the person who recieves your plants may have an opportunity to repay that generosity some day!

Lets find a new home for your DESIREABLE, plant/bulb/rhizome/divisions/cuttings/?"Surplus".

Also, please tell us about your garden, your likes, dislikes, your particular garden challenges. (someone, might have the answer you have been looking for) All of this information will help me to find the best partner for you!

3: On May 1 (or there abouts) I will post swap partners, based on the information that you provide here in this thread (so tell us EVERYTHING)

I will try to match Surplus with people who want it/can use it.

Side trading is encouraged after partners are assigned. Please feel free to wheel and deal, just don't neglect your assigned partner!

I want everyone to have fun, unload some "SURPLUS" plants/divisions/roots/corms/bulbs/whatever and possibly pick up something cool in exchange!

Boxes/Packages containing LIVE PLANTS should be sent PRIORITY MAIL. All packages need to arrive at their new homes by May 30th.(That means they should leave your house no later than the 27th, by Priority Mail) Please post when you send and recieve. Also do consider leaving "APPROPRIATE" feedback in the Rate and Review.

It is your responsibility to ensure that LIVE/VIABLE plant/seeds/cuttings arrive at their new home and that they are what you say they are. If you need help please ask, I am sure someone will be happy to help.

BTW this will be my first time hosting a swap, so do jump in and set me straight if I foul it up!!!

Let the swap begin!!!

Comments (126)

• tina_2
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi all. I don't know about anyone else but , the things listed so far have me drooling.lol
    I really, should go get a bib !
    Thanks, for posting the great pictures also. tina_2

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    15 years ago

oh tina me too... drool, droool, drooooool!!! ha ha ha I wouldn't know what to do with it all, but I WANT IT!

A reminder too, Postal rates are supposed to increase the day after Mothers Day!!! So stock up on Forever Stamps!!! I go thru a ton of first class postage, I plan to pick up a roll this week! Anyone know what the new rate fro a flat rate mailer is?

Have a great day everyone. it is a beautiful day today, but very windy (a bit dangerous for me outside with all of these big old trees) I have to stay in the middle of my lawn to be safe from falling tree limbs!

Frances

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Hi Everybody!

I am going to be dreaming of wonderful plants tonight :) There are such wonderful surplus lists...It is supposed to warm up here again tommorow...I need to get out and weed... I wish I was a millionare and could afford a garden helper..Lol It will be wonderful to be in the dirt once again.....Amy I know you are excited 80 degrees! Have a great evening everyone...:))) Barb

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good morning everyone!!!

It looks like a beautiful day is coming our way in NC today! I can hardly wait! I am still cross checking lists and hoping I don't pull out all of my hair trying to make good matches for this swap!!! I really didn't know you were all going to have such wonderful assortments and make this so hard for me!!!

I may have to come up with some sort of a quiz game to help me out!!!

:O

Have a good one everyone!

Frances

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Hi Frances!

I slept in...Oh it felt good...Quiz game sounds like tons of fun..I am glad you are getting some nice weather...We just had icky stuff come thru..I hope all my emerging perrr and bulbs didnt get hit too bad...After my coffee I am gonna take a walk around and see... I need to get a couple of trades out too...Yea finally warm weather again..Lol

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Hello to all my fellow enablers! I have finally went and done it! What you ask!!! I uploaded pictures to photobucket and fiqured out how to link it to here..........WHHHHHOOOOOOO-HHOOOOOOO. So get a drink,pop some popcorn and enjoy the pics of my plants,stepson,and pets. ENJOY!!!

Regina

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/bl_topaz/

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Regina!!!! Bravo!
    I just tried the photobucket thing myself pretty painless really (why did it take me so long)
    Now I am really DROOLING!!! cherries jubilee!?!?! Red Passion Vines, and what was that blue flower!!! oh my!!!! Gardenia! in April!!! My gardenia probably will not start blooming till June! I think I am going to have to move farther south! That brugmansia, what a giant!!!

Barb! Been trading like a mad woman, (I feel almost letdown if the Postman doesn't bring me a little something) I must be an addict! I hope your perennials (and other things) are ok!

Well its a bit breezy today, but not bad, we got the 'lawn' tended too, all this rain has the weeds as tall as the shrubs. Eaves troughs (my spouse calles em gutters) tomorrow. Oh well back in a bit, gotta think about dinner for awhile.

Frances

Frances

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Hi Barb, (waving up at ya) and whipping drool off pictures....lol. Glad you enjoyed the Pics....I enjoyed yours too. You inspired me to try the photobucket!!!

The Cherry Jubilee is a Allamanda and a real beauty. The Lady Margaret (red passionflower) blooms contantly. The cold this winter did'nt even slow her down! If you notice there is another passionvine growing with her,but it's a noid at this time. Hasent bloomed yet. The blue flower??? At the base of the tree??? Plumbago....is a ground cover that kinda vines and can get quite tall. Flowers are "sticky" in that they will adhere to things that rub up against them,not in a bad way,but their way of propagating. It also comes in white, that I don't have. The Gardenia's here start blooming this time of year and will continue for a month or two depending on the cultivar. The Brug blooms every 3 weeks or so and you can smell it a block away, a show stopper as well.

Well have to start my own supper.....guys will be home soon and the cats will be meowing for supper too. Frankie will be the most patient....such a good boy!

Regina

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

{{gwi:473676}}
    {{gwi:478662}}
    {{gwi:404907}}

Hi Everybody!

I love photobucket Lol Regina your yard is to die for..Your son is very handsome tall too... The girls will be chasing him in college...:) I received your email Thank you thank you I am so excited...Tickled pink actually...Hugs I will email ya later... I sent a few things out today too Frances... I promised Karyn Brendas beauty brug and needed to get it mailed..Lol it was getting huge... I got my culebra and creamsickle brug in..I am so excited to grow them too... I actually gave up counting how mant species there are in the gh..You all know that you are all first along with the brug forum this trading season for them...I have to hook my gardening friends up... As they hook me up too... I just really look forward to talking with you all and learn from each one of you...:)))))

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ooh Barb! Is that ayello Hibiscus? booteeful!

ibartoo has decided to withdraw from the swap, she is having a busy time at home.

Chell has promised to wow us with her list this weekend! Leaving just one more we haven't heard from.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day! It is near perfect here today trying to get the 'gutters', siding and windows cleaned!

More later

Frances

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ok Well, Frances I just thought I would come and post. I don't think I have anything to compete with the great plants being offered here so I am going to gracefully decline joining your terrific swap.
    You have some fantastic ladies who are participating. You all have fun.

:) Fran

• tina_2
    15 years ago

Hi - Has anyone heard back from grovespirit? I assumed, since there was a time limit ( 3 days ) accepting the offer of the plants.... we would get an email pretty quick???
    What do ya'll think? Just wondering..... tina_2

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Hey ya'll made a fubar in my post before sorry that was Fran I should have been addressing about waving at and all....got carried away with responding back I guess and forgot who's swap I was in. I can be such a deedeedee at times. Pleeeese forgive meeeeee ;)

I would like to ask Barb what her plants are that she posted pics of, and how did you guys post just a few pics from photbucket. One of these days I will get it mastered.

Worked on the pond some more today. When I get the stones around it all leveled and the liner tucked away I will post some more pics for you guys too. Thats the part I was working on today. That will just leave the waterfall then. Have to have electric run out to it still.

I stopped at a nursery today and found a blue walking Iris. I have been wanting one of those for some time. The lady there had some others but none of the yellows. I asked her how many did she want.....lol. I have tons of them. She is willing to do some trading! How kewl is that!She was a real pleasure to talk to and we shared a lot of info and ideas. I will be doing more busuness with her.

Well time to call it a night, I'm beat! Night ya'll....

Regina

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

I would love to join. Here is just a quick off the top of my head list of the plants I can offer. There is a lot more but will list them later:

Dinnerplate Dahlia - Thomas Edison
    Lily of the Valley - White
    Nematanthus wettsteinii - Goldfish Plant
    Passiflora caerulea - Blue Passion Flower
    Salix gracilistyla Melanostachy - Black Pussy Willow - Very Rare
    Bearded Irises
    Stargazer Lilies
    Horseradish

Once I look at my persons list I will be better prepared to write what else I can offer them. This is just some of the extras extras I have but will add in some of my others after I look at your list.

Yeah another swap... Like I really need that but it is addictive. LOL

Tammy:-)

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Tammy
    Welcome!!! Wonderful list, swapping is addictive isn't it! Thats how we all ended up here!

Fran,
    I am sure you have many wonderful plants tucked away in your garden. But I do understand you have plenty going on with ongoing and upcoming swaps. Which reminds me, I am setting aside and dividing plants for your swap too! (so many plants.... so little space)

Regina
    No worries, I knew you were talking to me!I have a hard time keeping names straight at the best of times! Can't wait to see more pictures. on PhotoBucket, there is a small box under each photo with tags for linking to each one. To post a photo in your message copy the one that is labeled "Direct Link" (I think that is the right one)

Current Participation List

fcoffill - SURPLUS Posted
    rosepedal - SURPLUS Posted
    ladygreensleeves - SURPLUS POSTED
    dieg01991 - SURPLUS POSTED
    chellflower - List this weekend
    bigmama4ever
    divahethr SURPLUS POSTED
    micyrey - SURPLUS Posted
    Tina_2 - SURPLUS POSTED
    Greenthumbgrow - SURPLUS POSTED

Undecided
    grolikecrazy

Enjoy your morning everyone!

Does anyone know bigmama4ever, haven't heard from her lately. I did send her a message, but hadn't heard back from her.

Swap quiz coming......

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

There are no right or wrong answers, there is no way to research these answers, only YOU can answer the questions! It is multiple choice, choose the most appropriate answer for you. The reward will be a surprise (and not
    what you think!!!)

For each question there are multiple choices, select the answer best suited to you.

A point value is assigned to each answer, have fun, the winner is going to recieve an 'advantage' in the swap to come!

About your garden

a Which of these best describes your DREAM garden:

1. Tropical
    2. Cottage
    3. Xeriscape
    4. Alpine
    5. ALIVE
    6. All of the above
    7. Non of the above

b Which of these describes your REAL garden

1. Serene
    2. Planned
    3. Natural
    4. Chaotic
    5. All of the above
    6. Non of the above

c. What is your garden colour scape

1. pastel
    2. cool
    3. HOT
    4. brown
    5. All of the above
    6. Non of the above

d. My biggest challenge in the garden is:

1. Space
    2. bugs
    3. time
    4. cash
    5. All of the above
    6. Non of the above

e. My garden is

1. shady
    2. sandy
    3. rocky
    4. dead
    5. All of the above
    6. Non of the above

f. I know I am a plant-aholic because......

1. ____________________________
    2. Who me??!?!?!
  • rosepedal
    14 years ago

Goodmorning all!

Welcome tammy :)

Regina they are chartruese rose hibiscus, red banana and Amaryllis that was supposed to be clown but isnt Lol

Game time Yippee

a5
    b5
    c5
    d4 lol
    e 1 and 2 and more

f I cant stay away from rr'S :)

Have a good day...Barb

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Look at what I woke up too...A rainbow :)

• tina_2
    14 years ago

Hi - Here are my answers for the quiz.....

a. 1. tropical.
    b. 5. all of the above.
    c. 5. all of the above.
    d. 3. time.
    e. 6. none of the above.
    f. 1. it's hard to resist a swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
    Thanks - tina_2

• tina_2
    14 years ago

Hi - I am so glad, you guys can answer some questions about the photo bucket stuff.
    I have had pics. on there forever and still have trouble just posting my pictures here at gardenweb!
    When I try to put just the picture- it shows my whole photobucket!
    And ,all I want is to post just a picture.
    I don't want access, to all my photo bucket stuff.
    So, please keep talking about the details..... this old dog is still learning!!! lol
    Thank you - tina_2

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lol

I had planned to post my answers as an exapmle but y'all beat me to it!

a.5
    b.4
    c.2
    d.4
    e.1
    f.2 (I am in denial) :O

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

This is fun and interesting learning everyones answers...Frances this is a wonderful idea! :)

Tina this is how I do it posting pics..I would love to see pics of your garden..:)

Highlight the box below your pic in photbucket

Scroll down to bottom of page and hit generate html code box

Highlight 1st box and copy it

Come here and paste it inside the message box...Hit preview to make sure it shows up....Hope to see your pics...

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi all,
    Here are my answers...

a. 1
    b. 5
    c. 6 (?? what is a color scape??)
    d. 3
    e. 2
    f. I have so many plants that I don't know where to put them all in the winter (my house is taken over...I need a greenhouse!!!)

Amy

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Regina!

You wonderful friend you.... My grandma had them when I was growing up...They bring back such wonderful memories as a kid..:)You have made me so happy and I cant quit smiling.....Look how beautiful they are everybody...And they are rooted too...I dont know how to grow them..Lol Do I put them in hanging basket or container? Gosh you are a wonderful gardening buddy I tell ya..:) I will email ya Too...83.8 here right now the florida weather is here..:)

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow Barb!!!! you lucky girl!

I went to lowes today, not a bougainville in sight (yet) but the tropicals are starting to arrive! I grabbed 2 Hibiscus "Painted Lady" for my porch pots and the mandeville are on the list!!! I cannot tell you how much I love these plants!!! The girl at the check out remembered me from one of my previous visits (probably many previous visits) and laughingly told me she was the organizer of the "Lowes Addicted Support group" ha ha ha..... unfortunately there is NO CURE! I told her I just consider Lowes garden center to be my "Garden Away from Home" I think my MIL thinks I am totally MAD!!!!

Oh well, whats a little hardware/dirt/powertools between friends................

OMG I want ALL of the cordless Makita Powertools!!!! right now!!!

lol, my other obsessions are showing now!

Amy
    colour scapes is my clumsy way of saying colour scheme. Ever notice some people are drawn to PINK, or make all BLUE flowered beds? Some folks like HOT colours and some COOL... Thats what the question means.....

I really just want people to have fun with this, even if you don't answer truthfully, the idea is to share something about you and your garden! There is a PRIZE and there is an advantage to playing, but it is not required (though I think anyone who doesn't try is going to kick themselves when they find out the punchline!!!!

hoo hoo I am going to play a dirty trick (a fun one) I can't wait!!!

Frances

who is sweating (very unattractively) and enjoying a cool one while we watch the thermometer hover around 90F

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Ok, well I answered that one correctly then. I try to get as many different colors in my gardens as possible, makes it so much more stunning (in my opinion). :-)

• ladygreensleeves
    14 years ago

Barb glad they made it too ya ok and still with flowers intact so that you could see what they look like. Plant them in pots and as they grow train them to a trellis.Here is a link for some help in their care. http://www.plant-care.com/bougainvillea-plant-care-blooming.html. It tells ya about water needs ,sun, fertilizer, and what to expect since it was shipped to you.

now for the quiz

a)5 & 1
    b)4
    c)5
    d)4 only because I want them all at once
    e)6
    f)because I can't walk past a seed pod,or plant that I don't have without making sure someones not looking before helping myself to some seeds or a pinch of the plant ;p

Heres some new pictures I took today.....

Regina
    {{gwi:57996}}

• divahethr
    14 years ago

1. Tropical

5. All of the above

6. None of the above/ I'm just happy when I keep the leaves green in the hot months lol

5. All of the above

e. My garden is

6. None of the above

1. how can I snatch that plant growing wild right over there...the other day I saw a lady parked on the side of the road cutting carolina jessamine. I was like hmmm i should stop and meet her we could be friends! Too many cars behind me too stop lost opportunity.

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Goodmorning everyone...

Tina to set the photo album as private go to account options on the first page...Scroll down a little and set it to private...Only your pic you posted should show up...I have had were my album does show up too though... I hope this helps ya...

Thanks Frances Lol on the checkout girl... I hope their bougies get there soon for you...The hibiscus is pretty..:) So you like power tools huh..I wont even go there..They dont like me... :(

Regina thank you for the link I was reading about them last night...Al was cracking up...He said wow those plants have you all excited and bubbly.... I am still smiling... I just love your pics...You really have a green thumb...

Heather Lol I am the same way always wanting to walk up to someone and talk plants.. :) Have a great day everybody...Barb

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lol

I love the answers! it is fun to learn a little more about everyone's garden (and a little insight into the gardener too)

Wow Regina that Pink flower is gorgeous!!! and I love your fern too. (volunteer fern) I wish is was 'wet' enough to grow ferns here, but they just never survive the season! I have to make do with Hosta which can tolerate the hot/dry better.

Newest obsession is hosta! I love them all!!! blue greens, golden greans, streaky, ridgy..... yum!!!! Must be all this shade!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, I hope mother nature is being good to you all!!!

Frances

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Frances have you tried the male wood fern? I have them here in hot morning sun and they are quite pretty... Remind me this season to send you some to try... :) Of course after I take care of our regina...:))) Barb

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Barb, I really don't know what they are except cinamon and possibly christmas ferns. I have tried several, they try valiently to hang on, but summer and watering restrictions just last too long here. I will continue to admire them in other peoples yards.... (post lots of pic folks, I might as well be living in the desert from May to November) Besides this year I will be away all through the month of July, I am either going to come home to brown plants (DH forgot to water) or fungus gnats (MIL did water) she means well, but she kills a lot of plants with 'kindness'
    I won't even buy a porch fern (boston fern) anymore. (they are practically "regulation" around here) though why I don't know.... too much water too little return (unless you LOVE sweeping your porch, ha ha ha)

No ferns for me, give them to Regina!!! I will just admire them from afar!!!!

The mailman brought me a present today!!!! 3 rooted brug cuttings!!!! Jean Pasco (yellow I think), Pink Masterpiece, and a NOID!!! GOtta go pot them up and feed them! Has anyone seen pink masterpiece? so far I have not found any pictures.

My datura and lantana are popping up right now (every year about the time I am ready to 'shovel prune and replace' them they pop up and take over their alotment of real estate!

well best run and turn on the AC before I COOK its almost 90F again today...... but they say we have a little cool off coming tomorrow!

Frances

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is how we stand with only 5 Days till the Cut off!!!! 5 Days to join and post those lists!
    5 Days to fill out your quiz and ensure your..... (oops thats the surprise)

I have trimmed the lists just a bit to make them fit better and make the reading a little easier! Also included links to everyone's echange list....

Rosepedal
    - Barb

Zone 5 WI

White ginger

Strawberry Quinat everbearing

Viola Coruta Rebecca

Concord grape spiderwort

Charmed wine oxalis

Green oxalis with dainty pink flowers beutiful

Hermans pride laminum

Drumgs along the mohawk pod x Websters pink daylilly seedling

Custard candy x idas majic daylily seedling

Flamenco brug if it stays small to ship

Jatropha Multifeda seedling

Freckles coleus cutting un rooted

Anemone Coronaria st bridgid mix 5 bulbs comm

Anemone Coronaria deCaen 5 bulbs comm

Acidanthera bulbs used but re grew for me :)

Coleus Alabama sunset rooted

Coleus Cococ Loco rooted

Apple scented geranium rooted

Cutting un rooted of patchouli I am trying to root one now

Cutting of Thompsoni abuliton you root it doesnt like me

Baby adenium seedling

William languth variegated geranium rooted cutting

White iris from old garden too :) No name

Citranella (sp) unrooted cutting scented geranium

Variegated un rooted scented geranium

Johnson blue Geranium plant start

Orchid blue 1st year seedling Hardy Geranium

Baby EE

Un rooted cutting of raspberry ripple geranium My fav

[Divahethr](http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/divahethr) Zone 7 Apricot fall daisy mums (lots) Aurea marginata hosta (lots) elderberries raspberries bamboo 'walker's low' catmint (rooting) 'wild thing sage' salvia (has roots) croton 'andrew' hardy cactus opuntia (lots) not so hardy cactus opuntia (lots) variegated vinca minor (lots) white rose of sharon (lots) 'happy returns' daylily 'catherine woodbury' daylily 'autumn red' daylily horseradish

Micyrey
    - Michelle

Zone 5b

surprise lilies (z5 hardy)

fushias(tropical)

coleus(tropical)

geraniums (hardy & tropical)

yellow bells 'esperanza'(tropical)

angel wing and dragon wing bagonias(tropical)

bee balms(z5 hardy)

- very bright pink

- purple

- red

verigated ornamental grass(z5 hardy)

monkey grass(z5 hardy)

spiermint(z5 hardy)

iresin(tropical)

[Tina\_2 \- Tina](http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/tina_2) Zone \- 8 TX these are for sun tall white flowering mock orange bush, tall white flowering privet shrub tall red flowering oleander bush, has no smell but the flower are striking, perennial. short spreading artemesia, it's a silver color short ground cover, sedum has a small yellow flower, perennial. short , spreading red floweing salvia, perennial. tall fragrant red rose bush, has large full and beautiful flowers, perennial. tall fragrant white rose bush, has very full fragrant beautiful flowers, perennial \- it's a climber cuttings for shade short ground cover ,vinca vine green leaves with cream edges, make deep blue flowers, evergreen \- perennial. All of these are plants , unless my trade partner would prefer cuttings. short, no id. crocosmia bulbs, perennial. short ,no id. peach daylilys bulbs, perennial. short has pink flowers, soapwort cascades, perennial. tall blue mist plant, has blue flowers, perennial. tall mexican petunias, has purple flowers, reseeding annual. tall jewel of opar, has pink flowers that look like little stars, foliage is like a succulent,reseeding annual. tall dark no id. ' almost black leaf > cannas,has red flowers. perennial.

Greenthumbgrow
    - Tammy

Zone - 7 MD

Dinnerplate Dahlia - Thomas Edison

Lily of the Valley - White

Nematanthus wettsteinii - Goldfish Plant

Passiflora caerulea - Blue Passion Flower

Salix gracilistyla Melanostachy - Black Pussy Willow - Very Rare

Bearded Irises

Stargazer Lilies

Horseradish

[dieg01991 \- Amy](http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/dieg01991) Zone 4a Aeonium zwartkop Aloe Vera (pup) Arrow vine Asparagus Fern Bloodleaf Variegated 'Iresine herbstii' Chinese Evergreen (solid green leaves) Chinese Evergreen, Painted Drop\-Tongue Christmas cactus (hot pink and white flowers) Christmas cactus (solid hot pink flowers) Cuban oregano (variegated) Dumbcane Graptopetalum pentandrum superbum (succulent) Isrine purple Ivy (large green leaf) Ivy (small green leaf) Jade Plant (green) Pathos (green) Pathos (golden) Peperomia species (NOID) Polka Dot Plant Pregnant onion Purple Queen Purple Velvet Spider plant (green) spider plant (white center w/green molting) Sunrise plant (Anacampseros telephiastrum 'variegata') Swedish Ivy Wandering jew (purple & silver) Wandering jew (green) \*\*\*Unrooted cuttings: African Violet (white, pink or purple) Bolivian Jew Euphorbia trigona Fuchsia 'Shadow Dancer Betty' Goldfish plant orange flowers Heart leaf philodendron Kalanchoe (Mother of Thousands \- red flowers) Lipstick plant (red flowers) Star Jasmine \*\*\*BULBS: Canna lily (green leaf w/red flowers) Canna lily (burgundy leaf w/red flowers

Ladygreensleeves
    - Regina

Zone 10 FLA

Clerodendrum 'Uandense' Butterfly Bush....rooted

Clerodendrum 'Quadriloculare' Starburst...rooted

Clerodendrum 'Tomsonice' Bleeding Heart....cuttings

Penta's 'Lanceslata' in red & hot pink....cuttings

Mandevilla's yellow rotted...pink,white,red cuttings

Cherry Jubilee Allamanda 'Allamanda Cathartica'...cuttings

Dwarf'Allamanda schottii 'Compacta' yellow.... cuttings

Gardenia 'Glazerii' .....rooted

Gardenia 'Florida' .....cuttings

Angel Trumpet 'Brugmansia suaveolens' white....rooted

Shell Ginger verigated 'Alpinia zerumbet'...rhizomes

Spice Ginger 'Zingiber officinale'....rhizomes

Hibiscus 'Rosa-Sinensis'.....cuttings

Hibiscus white/pink throat....cuttings

Jasmine vine....noid....rooted

Lady Margaret Passionvine.....cuttings

Sky Vine 'Thunbergia'.....cuttings

Purple(Blackie)Sweet potatoe vine.....rooted

Plumbago 'Auriculata' rooted & cuttings

Blue Porterweed 'stachytarpheta jamaicensis'....cuttings

Staghorn Fern 'Platycerium holtummii' ready to mount

Elephant Ear 'Colocasis' will get big

Song-of-India 'Dracaena reflexa'.....rooted

Arelia 'Balflouriana'....rooted

Spinach Tree 'Crinoscolus chayamansa'....rooted

Banana pup 'Dwarf Cavish'.....rooted

Walking Iris yellow 'Neomarica longifolia'....fans

Concord grape Spiderwort 'Tradescantia'....rooted

Coleus'Solenostemmons'Chocolate mint,Henna,Duckfoot,noids

Desert Rose 'Adenium Obesum' noid seedling babies

Kalanchoe 'crassulaceae family' have several colors

Rhipsalis 'eliplica','Trail',...rooted,have noids too

Night Blooming Cereus 'Selenicereus grandiflorus..cutting

Zigos's 'Sunrise'-pink.....cuttings

Zigo 'Christmas' -white,red....cuttings

Carrion plant 'Stepelia Grandifloria'....rooted

yucca pups.....rooted

Jade 'Crassula Ovata'....rooted

Episcia dianthiflora...little plantlets, roots easily

Hoya's for Hoya's I dont have, may or may not be rooted

Gladiolus fringe mix bulbs.....10

Crinium lily 'Crinum asiaticum' bulbs....sprouting now

Spanish Thyme 'Plectranthus amboinicus' I have verigated & non also know
    as cuban oragano....rooted

Most everything is concidered a tropical, there are some
    perennials in there as well as some house plants.

As for my wants anything I dont already have.....lol

[fcoffill \- Frances](http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/fcoffill) Zone 7/8 NC Canna \- Red/Burgundy leaf with green, Red Flower, 5 \- 6 feet, lots Canna \- Tall (7\-8 feet) red flowered, very large green or green with red border leaf Caladium \- White with green veining and border, 2' possibly "Aaron" 4 corms/bulbs Hosta \- Twist of Lime, mini, lime green, 1 or 2 small div avail Green EE, small bulbs Tropical Houseplants golden pothos baby 'monstera' cuttings Common Jade Red Flowering Holiday cactus Rubber Plant \- ficus decora 'Burgundy' Parlour Palm arrow vine very pretty pale green with pink Cottage Garden Perennial Lavendar TB\-Iris, from an old garden Shasta Daisy Alaska, mature division Euonymus \- Variagated (silvery green with white and pink flashes) Rosa Rugosa Red (actually a deep pink), Daffodil for Naturalizing Hydrangea Nikko Blue 4 o'clocks, mixed, mostly "Broken" seedlings Succulent Autumn Joy Sedum Coral Sedum (low growing) Hens&Chicks Talinium (Jewel of Opar) Seedlings
  • ladygreensleeves
    14 years ago

Now Barb....those were for paying you back for the last swap, if you go doing anything it will mean a seed/plant swap war via the mail carriers.....lol. They might get tired....lol.

Today was the annual spring plant sale at the Mount Botanical Gardens and I was there for the member 9am presale....Whooooo-Hoooooo.This is what I got.......6 hoya's(yes it's an obsession)rex begonia,kiwi,iris,& fiber optic.

The blue walking Iris that I got Thursday has opened it's blooms....here's a picture of it too.

{{gwi:57997}}

It has a clover type plant with a pink flower growing in it. Would anyone know what that would be? Is it a keeper or a weed?

And no more ferns for me....I'm always trying to enable others with some of mine.

Ok Tina it's your turn now, if they can teach this ole lady how to post pictures anyone can do it.........lol.

Regina

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Sure will love to send ya some to try this season later on before winter... Money is tight right now...As it is for others...I have cut my trading and buying plants down..Boo hoo :( I need to hook up regina for sending me those boogie woogies..lol
    Al is taking me to a nursery tommorw that has 6 gh's HMMM that will be hard with no moolah... :( I want to talk with them and learn from them in our zone..:)

Congrats on your new brug babies you will love them..:) Sounds like you have some neat ones there..Yellow and orange brugs are my my favs...I am so happy you have some neat ones for the growing season.... Bodaious!

The list look very neat! Looking forward to my partner..:)

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Regina great plants! The little clover loking thing, looks like some sort of oxalis too me, probably a keeper, though it will likely go dormant for you in the heat and bloom spring and fall (thats what mine do) the bulbs arre tiny and they multiply like crazy so you may want to keep in in a pot unless you love em.

Tina!!! oh yes piccies please!!!! we love to see pretty flowers!!!

Gotta run, been outside all morning, now I need to make myself busy indoors!

Frances

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

lol Regina we posted at the same time..:)

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

All three of us posted at the same time...hahhaha We are all thinking of each other...:))))

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

okay a tip again about photobucket as the meat loaf bakes yummy... Check your thumbnail...Click on it and make sure it opens big..PB has a bug in it I think in my humble O"... Sometimes it will open big and other times it wont...So the people cant open your picture...You just have to go back and click on the second box down instead of the first...:)))) It will post your pic big so us old timers can see it...I am blind as a bat..LOL

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lol!

We did all post at once!!! Meat loaf sound delicious Barb, I'll be right over. Since Paul is working mostly evenings, I don't cook every day. (Probably good for the figure) ;)Extra sweating and exercise and fewer calories..... yup yup best not complain!

Barb I know the money pinch, have cut way back on my swapping already, this will likely be my last till fall other than a small local swap in a few weeks. Oh well too hot to swap in the summer anyway... and I have a couple hundred babies sitting in the back yard saying PLANT ME, PLANT ME ALREADY! what are you waiting for!!!

lol well its about time to wash off the dirt and do some housework (what a slacker I know) ;)

Have a great weekend everyone

Frances

• divahethr
    14 years ago

I wish you all lived close to me so we could get into some plant mischief! I went to 2 master gardener sales today about 80 miles apart and I need my husband to help carry sometimes but he is NOT an enabler...gah!

• bigmama4ever
    14 years ago

im here havin computer problems. but we are ready now..here is what i have,,, bengal tiger canna, a dark leaf red flower canna, 2 hoya cuttings both varigated one has a longer thinner leaf, and of course the regulr hoya, if wanted, have grab bag of succulents, have 2 arrow head, one plant and one cuttin, green oxalis, and one iron cross bulb, my philos have babys one is a dark leaf the other is a large green,various jews, one geranium cuttin the one with dark brown in the middle, baby bonnie spider plant, 3 epi cuttings, coleous cuttings,and of course my begonia leafs or cuttings, you can check my page for the names , have to update lost some stuff over the winter, im really wanted bananas, and coleouses.ee gardenias, banana canna, varigated oyster plant, here in az is windy, all my roses are full of flowers but all droppy, my skin is dry and itchy. i have the kodak photo does anyone know how to post pics from there??? o yea have lots of these small purple flower, can send a nice clump.norma

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Heather I am cracking up..:) That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time on your trade page...hahahha Mine too...Have to keep them fed right? lol

• ladygreensleeves
    14 years ago

I was going to come over for meatloaf too...but couldnt talk hubby into it. He took me out to applebies instead....would have prefered meatloaf....yummy!

Too bad we don't all live closer is right. My hubs is not an enabler either, he just calls me his little plant hoe....ROTFLOL. My neighbor was going to go with me to the plant sale today, but she forgot about it (egads!!!) and was still asleep when I called to say LETS GO this morning. So I went all by my lonesome
    ;( sniff,sniff

After dinner we went to the Home Depot and got more stone for the pond,hubby had another brainstorm to help with the border, so we picked up some border stone for that as well. Heres a few pictures of the pond so far.

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Which of these best describes your DREAM garden:

7. Non of the above - Relaxing

3. Natural

1. pastel
    2. cool
    3. HOT

6. Non of the above - Weeds. I hate weeding.

e. My garden is
    6. Non of the above -Sunny & Clay

1. I embrass my DH when we go out and I am taking clippings and asking for cuttings, pulling over on the side of the road to take a snip (hay did you see me? We can still be friends -LOL) and going straight for the plant sections at all stores, boycotting the ones that don't have a plant section. LOL

• divahethr
    14 years ago

Barb hehehe I'm glad you thought it was funny I'll have to put up more funny stuff

LGS -- haha plant hoe. At least you put an "e" on the end of THAT. I'm just a plant ...well anyway. I hope you got some cuttings at Applebees rofl. I feel that if you ate out and tipped well...that entitles you to free cuttings or seeds. If the service was bad just pull up with a shovel and take the whole plant. And staying at a hotel same thing.

Tammy I did see you I liked the blond and black streaks in your hair lol

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

You all have the funniest sense of humor..Thank you for cracking me up and making me smile...:)))It is pourimg here...It started yesterday...I have puddles in the yard...I hope it stops soon..The weatherman said 3.5 inches for us before it is over... Last week we had 1.5 inches Have a good day everyone...

• chellflower
    14 years ago

Okay, I FINALLY got my lists together! Sorry for the wait folks, but things have been soo busy these last few weeks!
    Here's what I have for the swap:

Plants:
    *Apple Red Delicious seedling: Perennial, FS & WD soil.
    *Canna "Yellow King Humbert/Robert Wallace(these got mixed up & cant tell apart until bloom time):Perennial, FS & moist. Yellow & red blooms.
    *Castor Bean -Red(R. communis 'Carmencita' ): Per. in zones 8-11, FS & WD. Grows fast, red blooms. *Seeds are poisonous.
    *Coleus (C. blumei) seedlings: Annual/Tender Perennial or houseplant. PS & moist, WD soil.
    *Crown of Thorns (Euphorbia Milii): Perennial succulent zone 9-11 or houseplant. F/P sun & moderate water. Red blooms.
    *Daylily (Hemerocallis): Perennial-all zones, F/P sun & moist, WD soil. Orange blooms.
    *Desert Rose (Adenium obesum) seedlings-Pink: Perennial succulent zone 9-10, or houseplant. FS & moderate water.
    *Hosta T-Rex: Perennial zone 3-9, Part/morning sun & moist, WD soil. To 30" high.
    *Hoya Fungii: Perennial houseplant. PS, WD soil. White bloom w/burgundy throat. Fragrant. Hanging basket.
    *Hibiscus Sunset seedling: Perennial zone 9-10, FS & WD soil. Red & gold bloom.
    *Paperwhite/Chinese Sacred Lily (Narcissus): Perennial zone 8-11, F/P sun & WD soil.
    *Plumeria (P. rubra) seedling: Perennial, small succulent tree or container plant. zone 9-11, FS & dry soil.
    *Spider Plant Variegated (Chlorophytum comosum): Perennial. Houseplant or outdoors in Part sun. White blooms.

Cuttings:
    *Purple Queen (Tradescantia pallida): Perennial zone 8-11, F/P sun, moist -dry. Pink blooms, groundcover or hanging basket.
    *Purple Jew (Zebrina pendula): Perennial, Part/morning sun. Hanging basket/houseplant.

Bulbs/Tubers:
    *Air Potato Vine(Dioscorea bulbifera): Perennial zone 9-11, F/P sun, drought tolerant. Native to Asia & Africa.

...for my wants, please see my trade list. It was completely updated yesterday....

Here are my answers to the questionaire...

About my Garden:

1. All of the above (including 'Much larger!, LOL)
    2. Chaotic
    3. All of the above
    4. All of the above
      e. My garden is
    5. Non of the above- sunny & tree roots!
    6. I get dirtier than the kids when we go outside to 'play' and if weather's bad/cold, I bring the dirt indoors!

Thanks Frances for being patient with me, and thanks for hosting this swap!

Here is a link that might be useful: Chellflower's Trade Lists

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning Barb, if you get too much rain we can allways use it!!! (I know, crying for rain again.... sheesh)

What a fab list Chellflower, well worth the wait!!! I confess I had never heard of "air potato" so I looked it up! how cool is that, have to check and see if it is invasive in this area.... if not I will be looking for some of those!!! What a beautiful leaf!

Hey Tammy! thanks for doing the quiz, I just love all of the answers!!! I love the little insights that it has provided into each of your gardens!

Heather - you are lucky to have a spouse who eats vegetables! So many do not!!

Regina I cannot get over that pool! you dug all of that out by yourself!!!! I would be dead! Fantastic looking pavers too!

My DH is definately an enabler! He drives me around the neighborhoods so I can see/photograph plants and flowers and gardens. Really helps this northern girl trying to figure out what I like in the south. Seeing things at the Garden center or in a catalogue is just not the same, not to mention that the descriptions are so vague and sometime totally wrong!!! He also takes me to the garden center and we look at plants together, he is learning to trust me and my methods and has even been known to look for a certain plant he knows I really want and then take me back to the store where he points me in the general direction and then smiles like a cheshire cat when I 'find' it. I love that man. (even if I never understand the love of 'grits' or 'sweet tea')

Well I have caterpillars in my hair and fire ant stings to tend (they've both set up houskeeping in the same flowerbed) I best figure out what to do about both pests without getting stung to death!

More later everyone!

Frances

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Goodmorning Ladies!!!! the new thread has been posted!